[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First glimpse of Steppenwolf.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

File: C-wIbeSXsAEN8Uj.jpg (172KB, 788x738px) Image search: [Google]
C-wIbeSXsAEN8Uj.jpg
172KB, 788x738px
First glimpse of Steppenwolf.
>>
>>92003434
is he born to be wild?
>>
>>92003434
Oh. Oh, that is bad. DC really does not know what they're doing.
>>
>>92003434

Goddamn lego leaks!
>>
>>92003462
**takes a bite out of cheeseburger**
>>
>>92003434
>atlantean parademons
neat
>>
>>92003434
looks dumb.
>>
This leak so much about the plot, and is that rocketlanchers i see on Steppenwolf's writsts?
>>
>>92003462
*0.50 ¢ has been deposited...*
>>
FOUR FUCKING MOVIES WITH A GIANT FINAL BOSS IN THE THIRD ARC ALREADY.
>>
>9-14 y/o
>everyone ITT
>>
>>92003536
classic kirby
>>
>>92003582
He even brought his own cosmic cube!

How can anyone defend this garbage? Jack Kirby is rolling in his grave.
>>
>>92003434
>le devil horns
goddamn DC just fucking die already
>>
>>92003582
>Step
>GIANT FINAL BOSS
no
>>
>>92003536
I think those are his fingers, just in Lego style.
>>
>4th World characters
>He's just a grey armoured monster
Y-yay
Darkseids SKIN is grey, not his entire fucking design you SnyderShill/spoiler]
>>
>>92003536
>rocketlanchers
looks like claws. he is using the other hand to grab the motherbox
>>
File: jRwVK0O.jpg (160KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jRwVK0O.jpg
160KB, 1024x1024px
>I use Lego sets to criticize character designs
>>
>>92003434
I was really hoping that, despite the scene added into the Director's Cut, they wouldn't go the route of making everyone from Apokolips a big scary monster man.
>>
Why is Flash and Aquaman lauching enery blasts?
>>
>>92003664
And here you are using legos to defend them
>>
>>92003664
>I am so aesthetically un-educated that I can't recognise a poor and generic colours scheme that will look uninteresting no matter what and doesn't reflect the character
>>
>spoiling superman's return

lego ffs
>>
File: Batman's a joke.png (71KB, 615x312px) Image search: [Google]
Batman's a joke.png
71KB, 615x312px
>>92003434
>knightcrawler
just when you think you can't hate these retards any more they come up with fucking shit like that
>>
>>92003700
How many years of your life will it take before you realise that the plural for Lego, is Lego.
>>
>>92003725
The parademons we've seen so far are not green or yellow, but Steppenwolf would use those Lego colour scheeme because you so say so
>>
>>92003767
>Moviebob

Anon, I....
>>
>>92003611
But anon, le Christ imagery for a character created by Jews!

And if you think about it, Darkseid is kinda like Satan! That's so badass!
>>
>>92003873
Why is DC so hellbent on gutting everything that's great about Fourth World? They're sitting on Kirby's magnum opus and all they care to do with it is give Batman and Superman another evil alien conqueror to punch really hard.
>>
File: Steppenwolf.jpg (102KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Steppenwolf.jpg
102KB, 400x600px
>>92003582
>>92003611
>Wolfy
>The final boss
kek, what?

>>92003612
c'mon man
>>
>>92004051
He's the final boss of the first movie you casual. Get that modern shit out of here.
>>
>>92003952
Why are so hellbent on being a whiny bitch who doesnt even know how these things will be depicted in the film but wants to bitch anyways
>>
>>92004125
By that logic every cape villain is final boss tier, what a bizarre complaint

Yeah, no shit it's modern but its not anything new.
>>
>>92003434
>Knightcrawler
there's gotta be some copyright issues there
>>
>>92004177
If it turns out Orion is actually the secret hero and not Superman and Batman I will eat my hat live on /co/ but you and I both know that ain't happenin.
>>
File: one of WB's many lawsuits.png (490KB, 709x636px) Image search: [Google]
one of WB's many lawsuits.png
490KB, 709x636px
>>92004228
we can hope

maybe a lawsuit can kill this shitty franchise like it hopefully will for the conjuring and maybe all this money loss will close down WB for good
>>
>>92004300
not that i'm supportive of WB, but its a bullshit claim, nothing more then prehaps a slight pay out will come of it

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-facing-900-million-lawsuit-conjuring-franchise-990107
>>
>>92004457
get WB's dick out of your mouth for a minute, Demonologist guy has them dead to rights
>>
>>92003536
Where did you get rocket launchers from? Those look like a typical claw style for Lego.
>>
>>92004504
Did you not just read the article i linked?
>2 minuets after
no of course you fucking didnt
>>
File: aGj3Dm7R_700w_0.jpg (29KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
aGj3Dm7R_700w_0.jpg
29KB, 627x626px
@92004457
>SuicideAnon
>not that i'm supportive of WB
>>
>>92004549
>Being supportive of a company that keeps fucking up the theatrical cuts of films i want to like
makes sense.
>>
>>92004535
I read it before you even posted, my dude
>non-compete clause for the Warren Case Files
>WB freely admits they're using them and uses it as advertising
>guy even has a tweet from the director prior to the movie being written proving that he read the book
WB is fucked
>>
>ITT: The same five man children get triggered by lego of all things
>>
>>92004051

On upside, he looks a lot like in the comics.

On the downside, Steppenwolf always dresses like an idiot. I can't take him seriously in that. He looks like a bargain cosplay.
>>
>>92004589
>Brittle is now seeking nearly a billion consisting of disgorgement of defendants' profits and trebled damages from the alleged conspiracy — plus any profits from the stock premium that AT&T is paying Time Warner in their merger that is attributable to the franchise and an injunction to stop the release of Annabelle 2 and to prevent any other future films connected to the Warrens from being made.
Do you seriously expect any of this to happen?
>>
>>92003434
That's incredibly disappointing, they didn't even try, I remember the reports saying he was getting a new design and that the communion scene wasn't what he was actually going to look like

But what were getting is a 9ft grey space alien in some armour

I'm really worried about Darkseid's design, I enjoyed MoS and BvS, but Snyder is going to completely fuck up the new god's isn't he?
>>
>>92004683
depends on if the guy actually wants to protect his intellectual property or if he just wants money, because he's got a case
>>
>>92003664
Is that better? The design is still trash
>>
>>92004639
i think a classic Steppenwolf look could of worked if they made it look a bit drulliet styled? Considering Snyder read Heavy Metal as a kid he's bound to at least know the guy.

>>92004589
The guy would need to be able to directly point out where they've copied him though, which hasn't been addressed. I haven't seen Annabelle or the original, but the sequel was completely unrelated to the actual Lorraines and was based on the Enfeild haunting, though it apparently infringes on their work.

The only part in that film that seemed to actually cover aspects of their life was the TV studio scene at the beginning with the condescending interview hosts.
>>
>>92003952
Johns and other suits pushed hard for New 52 Justice League to be the foundation for the DCEU so that's probably why

We do have King's Fourth World project coming up, though. That should be good.
>>
>>92003952
Because plebs prefer it that way.
>>
>>92004177
I like Johns and Snyder, but come on,
>Implying Snyder or Johns knows what the meaning behind the anti-life equation is
>>
>>92004818
Got Bug! as well
>>
>>92003582
Not really a DC fag, but I hate that marvel can't into final bosses, DC might not do a lot right but they know that's how you end a damn superhero film.

Why wasn't ultron a good final boss ;_;
>>
>>92004856
Bug will be trash. Allred is already raping Silver Surfer over at Marvel with Slott. For Bug he's drawing from Cosmic Odyssey instead of Kirby.
>>
>>92004738
That actually looks pretty cool, plu's he's a hologr m so his details might be different in the flesh
>>
>>92004873

Every movie ending with a giant monsters in the third arc is fucking awful, though.

It's nice in one or two, but four? It's like every movie ending with giant destruction.
>>
>>92004873
>they know that's how you end a damn superhero film.
too bad Doomsday and Incubus were literal trash
>>
Aw, why is he a zombie monster?
What's so bad about him looking human?
>>
>>92004930
Better than Quiptron.
>>
>>92004968
at least Ultron was actually a character
>>
>>92004228
There was a movie called Nightcrawler 3 years ago.

>>92004873
Ultron has never been a top tier physical threat. Also movies aren't video games, despite what the CGI may look like.
>>
>>92004990
A bad one.
>>
>>92003767
If DC didn't do anything that people have joked about you couldn't even have Batman movies that play it straight at all.
>>
>>92003767
>wah wah Snyder is no fun
>literally idea out of lego movie
>still complain
>>
>>92005020
a bad character>no character
>>
>>92004900
It looks like literally every cgi monster/alien/villain in Holywood right now, hopefully he'll look better but the color scheme suggests that won't be the case.

>>92005020
So Quiptron is at least on par with most DCEU characters then?
>>
>>92004905
I actually enjoyed how Ant-Man and Doctor Strange didn't go for the generic "pillar in the sky" ending and made their villains more personal. Especially with how Mads turned a two issue villain from the Silver Age into something better, as did Corey Stoll, who made Darren Cross into a much more interesting character than he ever was in the comics. Pretty much what Ultron should've been.

Doomsday and Incubus were pretty bad ideas, though. Doomsday was unnecessary, and didn't fit very thematically. Lex came off more as autistic than a mad scientist, so that might be why.

Incubus was more of a symptom of the problems plaguing Suicide Squad. It turned the Ostrander book into a pretty ugly mess that tried aping other superhero films, without getting what made the Suicide Squad and Secret Six concept work.
>>
>>92005013
>Ultron has never been a top tier physical threat
The fucker shrugs off thor's blows and is made of vibrenium, I mean as much as people don't like BvS , Doomsday fucked up the trinity good iwth his bare hands
>>
>>92005125
Reminder that writers don't write the script.
>>
>>92005086
Nope, I'll take the ninja turtle over the T-comedian any day
>>
>>92005137
He can take it, but he can't really dish much out.

>>92005155
*actors
>>
>>92005125
>Doomsday was unnecessary, and didn't fit very thematically.
If anything they made him fit MORE thematically than Doomsday ever did before by making him the living embodiment of Superman's mistake in killing Zod.

I really like their version of Lex too.
>>
>>92005086
Nah, force of nature>non threatening jokester.
>>
>>92005190
>Superman's mistake in killing Zod.
It wasn't a mistake though.
>>
>>92005166
>this is what snyderfags actually want
It must be killing you how many corporate approved quips and fun will be shoved into Justice League.
>>
>>92003434

So basically it's the guy giving Lex the Motherbox at the end of BvS?
>>
>>92005068
is that really so bad?
>>
>>92005193
>force of nature
>literally just an alien zombie created by a goofy faggot
kek
>>
>>92005263
yeah
>>
>>92005266
From their point of view?
Kinda.
>>
>>92005190
That's kind of an interesting point, Doomsday was always a shit villain and while he looked like total garbage in BvS I do like that he's a resurrected Zod rather than the random monster with a much more vague connection to Supes in the comics.
>>
>>92005277
Actions speak louder than words, he cause a lot if destruction and was unstoppable.
>>
>>92004900
It looks like a generic space alien and the slapped on horns because it's Steppenwolf, I was hoping the colours would be better, but going off the Lego it's probably just going to be grey
>>
Using Steppenwolf was retarded from the get go
>>
>>92005857
How so? It lets them introduce Apokolips without blowing their load on darkseid so soon
>>
>>92005857
that's DC for ya
>>
>>92003694
Seeing Flash fire energy blasts would be unique

We alread saw him throw a windball in the Flashpoint film
>>
>>92003434
So are all the new gods going to be monster men?
>>
>>92005997
because Steppenwolf is worst New God

use fucking Kalibak or something

or maybe go a different route from generic action movie and use Granny Goodness and Glorious Godfrey
>>
>>92007829
I bet Darkseid is going to be a cloud
>>
that's the worst batvehicle I've ever seen
>>
>>92007857
Laurence Fishburne being possessed like Dan Turpin
I wouldn't actually mind that
>>
>>92003611
You're a fucking dumbass, that's a Mother Box and it's way cooler than a Cosmic Cube ever was.

>>92003633
You think that's Darkseid? I don't think you know anything.
>>
>>92008406
>unironically taking the bait
>twice
>>
>>92007834
>use fucking Kalibak or something
Kalibak is not a leader. Glorious Godfrey isn't involved in the physical invasion. I wouldn't mind Granny Goodness though.
Steppenwolf is Darkseid's general. It's a logical choice.

>>92008466
I skipped my classes today and I have nothing better to do.
>>
File: Stepy.jpg (82KB, 450x362px) Image search: [Google]
Stepy.jpg
82KB, 450x362px
>>92007834
>because Steppenwolf is worst New God
Fuck off buddy, Steppenwolf is the swaggiest motherfucker on Apokolips.

Or at least he was before the no-bright-colors brigade showed up.
>>
>>92008492
>Glorious Godfrey isn't involved in the physical invasion
no shit, that's why I said "different route from generic action movie"
>>
>>92007834
>because Steppenwolf is worst New God
>Use Kalibak
>Fucking Kalibak
The guys the joke of the New Gods

Really though, the Furies probably would of been the ideal option
>>92004899
thats a shame, not read any of his stuff before but i like the rest of YA
>>
>>92008558
I think that would be cool but going a different route isn't going to put butts in seats, anon. Especially when DC has a bad rep ATM.
>>
>>92008670
>DC has a bad rep ATM
and the best way to counteract that is to keep doing what they've been doing, apparently
>>
>>92008670
>ATM.
when have they NOT had a bad rep?
>>
>>92008693
I'm saying that while a movie about, say, Godfrey brainwashing the masses into submitting and the JL trying to fight that would be cool, the general audience is gonna think that it looks boring.
>>
>>92008751
they think DC's action movies are boring too, though
>>
>>92005997
>It lets them introduce Apokolips without blowing their load on darkseid so soon
Darkseid is a fucking joke.
>>
>>92004900
>plu's he's a hologr m so his details might be different

>In a recent interview with The Independent, the actor revealed that his role in the film will in fact be almost completely CGI. Speaking to the interviewer he explained:

>“Basically they’re going to construct something, digitally, and then they will use my eyes and mouth.”
http://www.screengeek.net/2017/04/07/justice-league-steppenwolf-will-be-different-from-comics/

>Hinds also confirmed that he provided motion capture for Steppenwolf, meaning he’ll be mostly CGI except for his eyes and mouth.
“Basically they’re going to construct something, digitally, and then they will use my eyes and mouth,” he said.
http://batman-news.com/2017/04/05/ciaran-hinds-steppenwolf-justice-league-new-details/

Don't think so, bro. That's most likely what we're getting design wise. Hell, the Lego makes it seem their even going to stick with the drab grey design of the Kryptonian recreation as well.
>>
>>92005082
>spend two movies demanding the world be taken seriously
>toss out camp en masse in the follow up then get butthurt when viewers complain about tonal whiplash especially when that camp is surround by SRS BIZNIS lighting

Almost like everything people said was wrong with MoS's tone were right.
>>
>>92009005
justice leauge has been said to be far lighter in tone since before BvS even came out

>Almost like everything people said was wrong with MoS's tone were right.
But they wernt
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.