[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Character Assassinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

>I ' M DOING THIS FOR SCOTT THIS IS WHAT I OWE HIM

What did he mean by this?

Havok should just have stayed in XFactor
>>
he loves his brother and knows that his brother really loved the crazy bitch
>>
>>91992833
It means he is still inverted
>>
>>91992833

It means this entire even was trash and should just be fucking ignored.
>>
>>91992833
It either means that Inverted Havok is now loyal to Scott and Emma's cause and will act to ensure Emma carries on in the Cyclops X-zealot tradition, or ...
... well there is that theory about Emma telepathically saving Cyke's mind and that somewhere in that crazy hot mess is what's left of Havok's bother. Alex can't let Magneto just kill her if that's true.
>>
>>91992833
Can someone Xpill me on IvX?
I read two issues and Bunneto's tie ins, but I got bored and forgot to stay current.

Did Havok get to be an hero?

Havoklops when?
>>
>>91996045
>>91992915

does Marvel remember he's still inverted?
>>
>>91996528
Bunn does.
>>
File: Havok-is-evil-now-1476483268516.jpg (124KB, 452x816px) Image search: [Google]
Havok-is-evil-now-1476483268516.jpg
124KB, 452x816px
>>91996528
Tony Stark and Sabretooth (the others left inverted) both turned back to their old selves just by time passing.
Tony seemingly overnight one issue, and Sabretooth in gradual regression that there was a running commentary on over months of comics.
It could be that Alex is just taking longer because he's so messed up from all the other drama, or magical moral inversion just has different effectiveness on different people.
That last bit actually would explain a bunch of the half-assed AXIS characterizations.
But I believe they're keeping him canon inverted as a half-forgotten detail to explain away whatever morally abhorrent thing they write him doing next without alienating his fanbase with an unexplainable character assassination.
(I also think this might be a Bendis idea)
We'll know for certain if they have him do anything worse than aiding and abetting Emma.
>>
>>91997465
It's more that Bendis refused point blank to address the events of AXIS in the X-Books, since he hated Remender and Uncanny Avengers and tried his best to keep AXIS from happening simply out of spite.

So Alex being inverted has never been followed up on, even by Wasp, who was kidnapped by Havok at the end of AXIS but who showed up post-Secret War with no mention as to what happened to her and Alex.

As for OP's question: Alex has sympathies for Emma, given that his brother was killed by the Inhumans and everyone was fucking turning a blind eye towards it.

So he decided to protect Emma/get her to safety at the end of IvX, fuck what everyone else said, because of that. But at the same time, he's telling Emma that once he gets her to safety, he's walking away from her and any further plans for retaliation against the Inhumans. Mainly because Havok does not want to go down the dark road Emma has now embraced, for his own health and sanity.
>>
>>91997577
>It's more that Bendis refused point blank to address the events of AXIS in the X-Books, since he hated Remender and Uncanny Avengers and tried his best to keep AXIS from happening simply out of spite.

I'm neither saying you're right nor wrong, but this is something I've never heard of before. Can you share some details? This sounds fascinatingly petty.
>>
>>91997736
It's that Marvel ""Insider"" guy who keeps trying to push his dumb rumors
>>
>>91997758

That is an insufficiently engrossing answer to my question. Does anyone else have one that's less plausible and more interesting?
>>
>>91997736
I never heard that either, but some writers do frequently ignore canon they don't like.
Bendis might be doing that, or Marvel's doing that thing where they shoehorn their characters into behavior that the story they have planned needs.
>>
>>91998152
Bendis ignores shit he wrote
>>
File: laughing gervais.gif (45KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gervais.gif
45KB, 389x259px
>>91997465
>But I believe they're keeping him canon inverted as a half-forgotten detail to explain away whatever morally abhorrent thing they write him doing next without alienating his fanbase with an unexplainable character assassination.

>Havok
>having a fanbase
>>
The fact that Marvel doesn't know what to do with him is just sad. He can at least lead a new team of X-Factor now that Maddrox is "dead"
>>
>>91998213
He'd have a bigger fan base if Marvel decided to use him and a handful of other mutants that they forgot about
>>
File: Brothers-97010_1468801966.jpg (49KB, 226x342px) Image search: [Google]
Brothers-97010_1468801966.jpg
49KB, 226x342px
>>91998250
They never knew what to do with him.
His original concept was of the long-lost brother of Cyclops who's only mutant power was to randomly explode from time to time unless he wears that special power-regulating black suit.
He wasn't meant to be the second Summers superhero, he was supposed to be the civilian mutant that's occasionally caught up in as a hostage or manipulated puppet of some evil mastermind.
( he had that in common with Polaris ...so ... )
Then Claremont came along and decided that Havok should be the brother inferiority complex X-Man.
And after that they were just putting him in books because he was a known character.
X-Factor in the '90s was just a holding pattern for otherwise forgotten characters.
The Madrox detective agency era was meta about that basic concept, and so much more fun to read, but it was a holding pattern book too.
And lets not forget the time Havok got shuttled off into his own book far and away from anything relevant to the rest of X-comics.
Or the other time that exact same thing happened.
Or that time they handed him off to an Avengers book and apparently told the writer; "do whatever you want to his pretty face."
>>
>>91998213
Don't casual like that.
There's a rabid fan for every single character out there.
I personally don't get what clicks for them about Havok, but I know there's plenty of Havok fans.
>>
>>91998213
>>Havok
>>having a fanbase
PAD, mostly
>>
File: 1283059362123.jpg (156KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
1283059362123.jpg
156KB, 500x671px
>>
>>91992833
Cyclops loved Emma, Havok loves his brother and, despite his dislike for Emma, he knows Scott wouldn't want Emma to go even further in the villain path or get killed by the Inhumans, so he took her out of there.

That's how I see what he did, but you have to remember it was Soule who wrote this, so he probably had a very stupid reason for that.
>>
>>91997736
Bendis dedicated one or two pages in his All-New X-Men to show Kitty's negative opinion of Havok's speech in Uncanny Avengers and some people believe that, due to the tone used, it was directed to Remender himself and not Alex.
>>
>>91999821
I love this.
>>
>>91996328
>Can someone Xpill me on IvX?
It's shit. It's so toxic it makes me agree with rightfags. Just stay away from it, for your own sake.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.