[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a better opening line in comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: jkfw-01-04-660x1011.jpg (319KB, 660x1011px) Image search: [Google]
jkfw-01-04-660x1011.jpg
319KB, 660x1011px
is there a better opening line in comics?
>>
>>91991583
>This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good. It tells of his twilight, when the great battles were over and the great miracles long since performed; of how his enemies conspired against him and of that final war in the snowblind wastes beneath the Northern Lights; of the two women he loved and of the choice he made between them; and how finally all the things he had were taken from him save one. It ends with a wink. It begins in a quiet midwestern town, one summer afternoon in the quiet midwestern future. Away in the big city, people still sometimes glance up hopefully from the sidewalks, glimpsing a distant speck in the sky... but no: it's only a bird, only a plane. Superman died ten years ago. This is an imaginary story...

>Aren't they all?
>>
>>91991583
And of course
>doomed planet
>desperate scientists
>last hope
>kindly couple
>>
>>91991583
I want to slap your shit. And you should know why.
>>
File: pc3a1gina-1.jpg (87KB, 1280x801px) Image search: [Google]
pc3a1gina-1.jpg
87KB, 1280x801px
Call me whatever buzzword you will, but I like Saga's.
>>
File: (you).jpg (19KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
19KB, 353x334px
>>91993162
>>
File: dredd-upliftingquote.jpg (328KB, 1200x951px) Image search: [Google]
dredd-upliftingquote.jpg
328KB, 1200x951px
>>91991583
>>
>>91992289
Not OP.
I'm curious as to why.
>>
>>91993162
Man i fucking loved Saga. Fucking adored it. And then i just woke up one morning, brewed myself some coffee and sort of....suddenly realized how fucking awful and pushy and stupid it all was.

Great universe though, fun as hell. But fuck me the DESPERATE political horseshit.
>>
>>91995219
Yeah I loved the first trade, but after the second I just lost interest. I've never seen a BKV comic through to the end, he hooks me with a premise and then I just drop it
>>
File: GettyImages-494750710_16x9_992.jpg (38KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-494750710_16x9_992.jpg
38KB, 992x558px
>>91995171
Who has the better natural frown?
>>
>>91991583
>They laugh at the law...
>>
>It's raining in Washington tonight. Plump, warm summer rain that covers the sidewalks with leopard spots. Downtown, elderly ladies carry their houseplants out to set them on the fire-escapes, as if they were infirm relatives or Boy Kings. I like that.
>>
>>91995219
I remember back when /co/ loved Saga, and it was constantly being storytimed here. At the time I was kinda puzzled why, and figured I must be missing something. Now that the adoration's faded I'm still not sure what people were seeing in it.
>>
File: Exd1sz6g.jpg (164KB, 728x1119px) Image search: [Google]
Exd1sz6g.jpg
164KB, 728x1119px
>>
>>91999063
That's mostly because it started off strong with a lot of promise, and then people lost interest when it became clear that promise would never be realized.

The first few issues weren't perfect, but they were still a lot of fun.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.