[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is what being triggered truly feels like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 13

So this is what being triggered truly feels like
>>
>>91987982
No, since PTSD is a real condition and the internet is full of little kids pretending they understand these issues.
>>
>>91987982
I feel for you GotG fans, I can't imagine anyone getting shat on as hard as you guys. Not even Spider-fags.
>>
>>91987982
So, uh, what exactly does this mean? Can somebody spell it out for me, I'm dumb.
>>
>>91987982
>Marvel does DC better than DC
seriously just shut those losers down already
>>
Reading the comments that people responded to this with on Facebook has been just an utter delight, 1 guy out of at least 20 is trying to defend Bendis, everyone else is calling that garbage out for what it truly was
>>
>>91987982
Marvel "we have better writers, because we steal only the best stories"
>>
>>91988566
Good
>>
>>91987982
What?? But Bendis' Guardians was garbage.
>>
File: 1492144440189.jpg (36KB, 970x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492144440189.jpg
36KB, 970x300px
Providing link for OP

http://www.cbr.com/bendis-guardians-galaxy-justice-league-international/

Also before you all get mad, you should know that the comments section is 100% filled with people who also don't agree with the article.

There is always hope.
>>
>>91988382
JLI was the Bwahahaha Leauge. Lots of comedy and would get serious every so often. Problem is Giffen and Demattis can actually write unlike bendis.
>>
>>91988566
>>91988646
Man. You really need to be beyond bad to make casuals hate the Guardians after the movie became so big.
>>
>>91988729
What's halarious is how most of these comments talk about how he just ignored DnA's work and ruined the roster, maybe the world is getting a little less casual each day?
>>
>>91988126
This
>>
>>91988825
CBR is a comics site, it's not so crazy to think there'd be comic readers there.
>>
>>91988126
>>91989146
X-fags, you dolts!
>>
>>91989276
so is /co/ but /co/ doesn't read comics
>>
>>91989649
What's an "X-Man"?
>>
>>91989649
X-Fags are masochists.
>>
>>91989686
They still have it worse than Guardians or Spideyfags.
>>
>>91989706
They deserve it tho.
>>
>>91989706
You guys got Rightclops and the AvX edits out of it at least
>>
>>91989722
It's not their fault FOX keeps making shitty movies and Marvel doesn't know what to do with the characters anymore.
>>
>>91989649
Nah, Guardian fags have it worse. At least there is still /some/ respect with the X-Men in the sense that they're still X-Men. The Guardians have been turned into a parody of itself to push memes about how Starlord loves dance offs and old music.

t. Spider-Fag
>>
File: 1492139076451.gif (909KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1492139076451.gif
909KB, 480x270px
>>91989649
>xfags
>having it bad
>>
>>91988126
That's bullshit. If one decent run and one bad one is enough to turn you into a triggered blubbering fanboy you must be seriously lacking in perspective. The modern GOTG have only existed for ten years, their situation doesn't at all compare to spiderfags, X-fags, or even Avengerfags.
>>
>>91989755
They keep encouraging them by buying it though
>>
>>91989790
They're abused housewives who don't know any better! It's not their fault! IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT!
>>
>>91989786
I meant GotG in general, what's happened to them recently is far worse than shit like the O5 or AvX. The Fox movies are even pretty good.
>>
>>91989847
>I meant GotG in general

That's even more fucking bullshit.
>>
>>91989826
>implying they aren't little sluts who love to be mistreated
They've been asking for it since the 90s
>>
>>91988126
X-men fags. Fuck you guys for forgetting us. That's half the damn problem. NO ONE is more shit on.
>>
>>91989895
It's not your fault.
>>
>>91989649
>>91989895
Why?
>>
>>91987982
>>91988646
This is the stupidest article I have read in a long long time. Glad to see others hate it though.
>>
>>91989740
That's basically it. By the same token, at least you got a modern run. At least they didn't kill off any important characters and call them literally hitler. Then they tried to murder the line with inhuman shit. Inhumans didn't take at all so they continued to cull the IP until we got stuck with the current trash.
>>
>>91988825
To be fair I'm pretty sure a lot of those people haven't read DnA's GotG and they are just parroting just to shit on Bendis' work

The thing is, regardless of DnA's work, Bendis GotG run is still shit.

>>91989653
/co/ is a comics and cartoon site with mostly cartoon fags and /tv/ fags sperging about cape movies/shows.

So yeah, you're right.
>>
>>91989760
You really have no clue how bad x-men is now. Both are shit but x-men is 100% unreadable and it has 8 books to it's name.
>>
Duggan had an AMA on /r/marvel (it's stickied and he still answers questions) and frankly what he has said so far made me want to give him a chance.

At least he knows his Cosmic stuff and if he ignores something then we know he chose to ignore it and it wasn't because of indifference or ignorance.
>>
>>91989760
>memes and dance offs make it worse
>OG characters turning gay and affecting future characters
>jean is back
>scott is dead and also hitler and little scott is trying to make peace, repent because of it
>beast prefers inhumans
>kitty did all the guardians shit
>the entire o5 battle of Atom arc
>o5 existing at all
>tempus fixing everything in will and testemant
Nah nah
>>
>>91989766
Xavier is dead
Logan is dead
Scott is dead
Jean is dead
Hank is the ultimate fuckup
Bobby is a gay race traitor

All they have left is Storm.
>>
>>91990218
good thing nobody ever cared about the original 5
>>
>>91989760
>>91989740
>>91989706
can we just create a sticky support group thread

I feel like a battered housewife.
>>
>>91990283
It's not your fault.
>>
>>91990218
Nobody liked the 05, and Jean dying was the best thing to happen to them in the last 25 years. bobby is barely one step above angel in being the least liked original x-men. The Xfags need to let go of their character faggotry and so the newer mutants can last longer than their creators run on the xbooks.
>>
>>91990337
They used to be so good to me... I.... I just... I can't....
>>
>>91990355
>let go of characters
>the guardians roster isn't right. It's not classic at all.

Right. Sure.
>>
>>91990133
he thinks Black Vault was great. He knows nothing.
>>
>>91989786
>Avengerfags
LOL comic readers don't read Avengers.
>>
>>91987982
it's not even close on the same tier as the N52 version
>>
>>91990485
I meant Black Vortex goddamnit.
>>
>>91990564
nor do they read GOTG
>>
>>91987982
Kieran Shiach has read JLI.

Or doesn't know what a love letter is.
>>
Ok, god fucking damnit. This article is spewing bullshit how Bendis' run took chances on having non-traditional team members like the JLI how it only had Batman. BITCH IT HAD THE ENTIRE MOVIE LINE-UP.
>>
>>91990139
Guess it's been worse for X-fags than I thought. The only stuff with mutants I've really been keeping up with has been the Uncanny Avengers runs and at least those were all mostly decent. Hell, Duggan's run was mostly a Rogue book and I can't remember her being that in character since, I dunno, her solo on Legacy.
>>
>>91991406
There's been a whole period where Scott -after dying to stop the inhuman genocide cloud- is spoken about in hushed tones until the new teen super team calls him hitler, while other characters skirt around it and just compare the two tangentially.
His only sin? Getting killed by Inhumans to save his people. Didn't even want revenge on the inhumans, just wanted to fix the cloud.
>>
>>91990924
WHen he first floated this idea on twitter he quickly said "I didn't mean it was a GOOD one"

Unsurprisingly none of that shade made it into the CBR piece. I think he's right, though: Bendis has a few comics he loves and you can usually peg what he's read and is ripping off.
>>
File: 1401317565573.png (372KB, 1005x576px) Image search: [Google]
1401317565573.png
372KB, 1005x576px
>tfw you got back into comics with Ultimate Peter and JMS teacher Spidey
>got into X-Men during Morrison run
>the second major cosmic arc you got into was Annihilation right after finishing Sinestro Corps War

Fuck man... all the shit I started with was so great and now it's all just so fucking bad. It hurts.
>>
>>91990598
He's not going to shit talk Black Vortex just like he's not going to shit talk Bendis because Marvel immediately kicks him out.

Ask him again when he's not working with Marvel or in the rare case that the current higher ups are gone and he might give a different answer.
>>
>Also, my comparing of GOTG to JLI isn't an endorsement of the former. It fails to come close to that standard by a wide margin.
>>
>>91991491
But anon, think of the peanut cloud and how important it is. I still can't believe Soule thought that was a good argument.
>>
>>91991491
This was without a doubt the dumbest thing. Like if you wanted to make scott evil Especially since you latter showed he was already dead and it was Emma Frost then at least make it so the cloud is reversed and powers up mutants and is poisonous to inhumans. Hell he even points out that he could have had that happen but chose not to. Shit you could then have some duality shit with two opposing clouds circling the earth, and maybe the inhumans would then see why a giant death cloud is a bad idea. Shit if you wanted to get really faggoty you could have the whole problem get solved by the clouds cancelling each other out and harmlessly turning to rain and have some monologue about how coexistence is necessary or shit. I dunno anything is better than literally press a button to end event.
Scott wasn't in the wrong the entire time I followed that event even when he was fucking dead and that event turned me into a Cyclops fan through sympathy just by how unfairly he was treated.
>>
Was Gamora by Starlin any good?
>>
>>91989755
3 movies anon. And don't bring that movie shit here. We talking about Bendis.
>>
>>91990355
> bobby is barely one step above angel in being the least liked original x-men
Thats cyclops
>>
>>91992986
But anon the Guardians characterizations come from the-
>Bendis also ignores the movies
Ah, yeah, Bendis.
>>
>>91992540
Gamora has never been anything but a serviceable supporting character whether under Starlin Giffen or DNAz That said Starlin's certainly had more development than any other version.
>>
>>91993089
Wasn't Gamora's entire character under Starlin being cockhungry for Adam in a tsundere kind of way?
>>
>>91987982
What the fuck does this title even mean
I read the entire article and still don't understand
>>
The sad part is Bendis does take a lot of inspiration from Giffen and DeMatties' writing styles on JLI.
>>
>>91988703
>Problem is Giffen and Demattis can actually write unlike bendis
So very, very this. JLI was lightning in a bottle. Bendis isn't even Granny's Peach Tea by which I mean warm piss.
>>
File: batgod.png (345KB, 576x592px) Image search: [Google]
batgod.png
345KB, 576x592px
>>91987982
>marvel
>f4 erased from comics
>xmen almost wiped out but instead got some shitty comics to keep the fans happy
>gotg ruined by movies
>spider-man is tied to slott for forever

>dc
>batman is everywhere and gets the best writers and artists for his comics
>superman is allowed to grow as a character and has a family
>green lantern has only improved in recent years
>flash is getting a popularity boost from the biggest crossover in years

Why is Marvel so ashamed of their characters while DC treats theirs like royalty?
>>
>>91993624
DC learned their lesson from the new 52, lets hope Marvel learns its lesson after Legacy fails
>>
>>91993624

DC treated nearly their entire line like shit for the majority of the New 52. There have been lots of mulligan's over the past year or so. DC is in a much better place making a lot of the right calls, but they're not exactly without sin.
>>
>>91993676

The lesson seems to be to keep Lee and Didio away from major creative decisions in the main universe.
>>
>>91993624
>Wonder Woman is still barely used despite having a movie coming out soon
>the Justice League has more bad/average runs than good
>the Suicide Squad only made sporadic appearances before the New 52 and since then hasn't been as good as it was in the 80's
>Captain Marvel gets shit on every chance they get, Trials of Shazam being their worst offender
OK.
>>
>>91993624
It's weird. I prefer DC, but I hate seeing Marvel shitting their pants. Young Animal and Hanna Barbara have been great as well. Let's hope Dark Matter works out.

I do want to see Captain Marvel and Martian Manhunter coming back soon.
>>
>>91993624
>gotg ruined by movies
The movies didn't make Bendis put Venom, the Thing, and Kitty fucking Pryde on the Guardians.

Also it's because Marvel's editorial and writers are mostly man children and no one is keeping anyone in check, so you get stupid shit like Civil War II, and all of Slott's run, and then you also get petty shit like the fantastic four being written out because they don't have the movie rights.
>>
File: 1308495231572.jpg (287KB, 760x901px) Image search: [Google]
1308495231572.jpg
287KB, 760x901px
>>91993676

Even with DC forcing resets and not allowing couples to get together they knew who their best characters were and basically spoiled them and even whored them out.

That's the baffling thing. Marvel is denying readers of popular characters that actually sell and allowing mediocrity to stay long term on their best character, that being Slott on ASM.

Batman comics sell well even if they aren't Batman or Detective Comics. Meanwhile a Spider-man title other than ASM can't stay alive for longer than a year without hitting cancellation range.

Marvel uses events and #1s to take the top spots of sales because the majority of their usual comics can't stay up there for long. The only exceptions are ASM, Avengers, and one of the X-books. And it's such an easy to fix problem. They need to give their best franchises the best writers and artists and give them time to tell their stories.

It's so frustrating because I want to enjoy more Marvel comics.
>>
File: thumbs up bro you and me.jpg (21KB, 241x290px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up bro you and me.jpg
21KB, 241x290px
>>91993518
>Bendis isn't even Granny's Peach Tea by which I mean warm piss.
>>
>>91993808
Also Dogfucker was the one riding the OOGA CHAKA dick. Bendis didn't even give a shit about the movie characterization, his characters are all one liner quipping machines no matter what.
>>
>>91993817
>Marvel is denying readers of popular characters that actually sell and allowing mediocrity to stay long term on their best character, that being Slott on ASM.
ASM sold a lot less until after Superior. It's selling as high as it is because of Slott.
>>
>>91993770
>Wonder Woman is still barely used despite having a movie coming out soon
I thought she was good? She's getting bi-weekly right? I'm Reading it through trades to save a few bucks.

Justice League being bad, I actually don't mind too much. Not a big fan of big team books.

Captain Marvel though :-/

Although I think DC is killing it right now, you are right, they could still improve.
>>
>>91993864

Bendis ignored characterization to such a degree that the film was the closest to what Bendis was writing.

I still wonder if Hopeless had any other directives to hew closer to the film than Bendis was told from higher up. Hopeless was a new writer, not a "top seller."

Heck, remember how Bendis and McNiven redesigned the team to be cool movie versions and their designs got ignored by Gunn? Good times.
>>
>>91987982
>Bendis completely butchers team built by Giffen
>Compares Bendis' run to Giffen's JLI run
Wow. Way to add insult to injury.
>>
>>91993893

He's saying that Wonder Woman isn't showing up in a ton of other books which is... so?

Or that they're not planning an event around her, which is probably for the best, since that never goes well.

Either way, it's a stupid complaint.
>>
>>91993907
I remember Bendis stole shit from early GotG drafts as the Badoon (before Gunn being told they are with Fox) being the evil army.
>>
>>91993786
I prefer Marvel, but the way things have been going with them, especially with their inability to even own up to their low sales, I've been really wanting to get into DC.

Earth 2 Society and Green Lanterns are fun reads, so thanks for shitting the bed so hard, Marvel.
>>
>>91993692

That's the thing. They learned. Convergeance and DCYou was a failure and they turned things around as soon as they could. Marvel has been having these issues for years and only making it worse. Even their "rebirth" is half assed and they seem to be unable to understand why everyone is complaining.

>>91993770
>wonder woman has (had) rucka and top quality art and she's in trinity and jl
>justice league is better now
>suicide squad has a solid run and a nice little mini event with the jl that took only a couple months to happen
>captain marvel has to wait because rebirth is slowly bringing in characters, it sucks but they aren't greenlighting a lot of new ongoings right now

A lot of your points are mostly personal complaints and impatience.

>>91993786

DC is taking their time, they want to focus on the heavy hitters and get around to the smaller titles later.

>>91993808

Current GotG has movie synergy plastered all over it. Even the Duggan run has the movie line up and designs.
>>
>>91993786
Marty Manhunter feels like he's being saved for a larger role in the rebirth story. Dr Fate as well. They're two very obvious omissions so far.

Marvin the martian has a crossover with him comic up so could mean he starts to get some play again.

But nothing about Young Animal has been good.
>>
>>91994016
>Marty Manhunter feels like he's being saved for a larger role in the rebirth story.

Kind of hope he's cobb and ms martian is katty from the superman story.
>>
>>91994007
>That's the thing. They learned. Convergeance and DCYou was a failure and they turned things around as soon as they could. Marvel has been having these issues for years and only making it worse. Even their "rebirth" is half assed and they seem to be unable to understand why everyone is complaining.

They were in trouble for a long time. The New 52 hit pre52 numbers in, what, a year? And they kept at it for 2 or 3 more years before trying DCYou.

>Current GotG has movie synergy plastered all over it. Even the Duggan run has the movie line up and designs.

I think it's the movie cast because they're the cast Bendis left off with. Also they're not using the same designs for anybody. Maybe Rocket?
>>
>>91994016
I've been away for a while, is YA just a watered down version of Vertigo?
>>
>>91993875

But it was selling like shit before Superior BECAUSE of Slott! All he did was crank up the controversy and piss people off to get added publicity.

A better writer could make Superior sales without having to "kill" Peter and making everyone stupid in order to do so. Spiderverse and Clone Conspiracy is just further proof he can't write a competent story.
>>
>>91994007
>Even the Duggan run has the movie line up and designs.
Duggan said he's changing the team after the first arc though.
>>
>>91994016
>>91994057

I'm really hoping the hints of the real original League and his total non presence combined can mean he'll come back in a big way and reclaim his rightful place at the League's heart, and his place in their history.
>>
>>91994072

Kind of yeah. YA is original Vertigo. DC Universe titles that are kind of dark. Like how Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Hellrazer, and Sandman were part of the DC cosmology but rarely intersected.

Vertigo now seems to just be a very few creator owned non connected projects.
>>
>>91994074
60,000 was about where it's been since OMD.
>>
>>91994130

Wasn't it at a steady 80 to 100k before OMD?
>>
>>91994070

New 52 sales were strong in the beginning but went back to pre-Flashpoint sales numbers a couple years into it. Convergence and DCYou were when sales really tanked.

Starlord, Drax, and Baby Groot as well. The group dismantled and reassembled after CW2 while the characters were stuck on Earth. We can wait and see if there are any changes coming up but Bendis isn't the only one that has written GotG. Oh god the movie synergy was so bad after the first movie came out.
>>
>>91994160
Yes. Sales tanked after OMD.

And have been high since ASM #1. I fucking hate Slott and this knowledge kills me on the inside.
>>
>>91993928
She's a stupid fucking character until they stop making her a tank. She's had simultaneously too much of a power creep to be interesting and too small of one to be worth her trinity spot. Superman is the fist, batman the brains, she needs to be the heart instead of the balls which is ironically what they do with strong female characters... give them balls. Stop pushing this "she's so rough, she's so tough, she's more pragmatic than Batman because she kills like the warrior she is, she's more cool than superman cause she's just as strong!"

How about you write a female character feminine instead of a masculine woman? She spent much of her life ignorant to masculinity.
>>
>>91994175

They've already shown the costumes for Duggan's run. Star Lord looks like a fusion between classic and DnA uniform now. Gamora isn't in retarded armor, but she's not space Red Sonja again. Drax seems to be dressed as a monk now.

I do not have the images on hand.
>>
>>91989766
The O5 cancer is still plaguing the present and haven't gone home yet.
>>
>>91994074
No, it sold like shit because of OMD.
>>
>>91994222

I have never heard of a single reader enjoying this concept in the least yet Marvel insists on giving them their own book. AGAIN. And another spin off. AGAIN.

Who fucking wants this? Fucking undead Jean and Scott and get the band back together and I'll read that goddamn.
>>
>>91994130

ASM hasn't been selling all that well since Spiderverse anyway. I just checked and it's been in the 60-70k range for the past several months. This is a title that used to sell Batman numbers.

An interesting note is that ASM written by Gage outsold Clone Conspiracy after the first issue of CC came out.

It's a mess right now for Spider-man and most writers would be booted after this many failures. Slott has been around long enough to have more downward slumps then spikes in sales. His current volume of ASM is easily the worst selling one since Superior.
>>
>>91994278
To me they're like a ticking timebomb waiting to go off once they finally decide to pull the trigger and have them permanently stay in the present as a means to de-age classic X-men characters.

It's the most regressive and harmful thing they could do to the fucking brand at this point. Every issue they're still in the present brings me pain because the scenario I spoke of becomes more and more tangible, if they ever do get sent back, I'll be able to sleep soundly at night. Until then, not giving them a cent for any X-books.
>>
>>91988126
This is a sad argument to have. Here's a new one:

Which fan base does Marvel treat the best?
>>
>>91994442

Tumblr.
Then Twitter.

There is no third.
>>
>>91994442
Hard to say, they all seem so displeased but It's been happening for so long I can't tell if it's their natural state or marvel.
>>
>>91994175
>New 52 sales were strong in the beginning but went back to pre-Flashpoint sales numbers a couple years into it.

DC had a number of crisis-style events that qualified as dead cat bounces with no real lasting increase in sales. New 52 and DCYou was them finally getting their high school crush on Marvel out of their system and after both failed finally accepting themselves.

Timing is everything: with Marvel aggressively shitting on everything starting with their readers, Rebirth opened with what amounted to an apology and one not done hastily or in danger of being wiped 6 months later.
>>
>>91987982
>http://www.cbr.com/bendis-guardians-galaxy-justice-league-international/
>Kieran Shiach
I recognize that name. He was one of those fuckers on ComicsAlliance.
>>
>>91993817
It's because Disney bought them without them getting all of the movie rights. If marvel stayed independent they would've been able to cater deals with the big studios or just have rights lapsed back to them but since they're owned by the biggest studio they're never going to get the rights to these properties out of spite.
>>
>>91994222
>and haven't gone home yet
They literally can't any more. Benis said time "healed itself" and attempts to go back have shown they aren't missing from the past any longer. You could kill all 5 of them with no impact on the timestream now.
>>
>>91994623
Fuck their excuses, just get them the hell out of the present. Just stop giving them books and stop trying to replace their older selves with those faggots.
>>
>>91994442
Doesn't matter because the fans they're trying to please can never be satisfied. Marvel is digging itself into a hole
>>
>>91994577
>Rebirth opened with what amounted to an apology

EXACTLY

And Marvel needs to do the same thing but they are fighting it every step of the way. That's what is infuriating about this. They can easily fix this problem or at least not point fingers at everyone else.
>>
File: riddle me this riddle me nahhh.jpg (50KB, 377x298px) Image search: [Google]
riddle me this riddle me nahhh.jpg
50KB, 377x298px
>>91994442
>>
>>91994701
And x-fags will not be pleased until it's 1991 again.
>>
>>91994745
>And Marvel needs to do the same thing
They won't. Quesada built a culture of never admitting to having made a mistake, Perlmutter institutionalized it and Alonso apprenticed under Quesada.

> or at least not point fingers at everyone else
They have a marketing division willing to blame its customers for their own failures.

My guess is that Disney won't care until a movie seriously underperforms, and then they will just quietly pinkslip most of editorial and if possible poach DC editors for their replacements.
>>
>>91994859
When has a comic company ever done a purge like that?
>>
>>91994057
I assume Manchester black would not be able to control him but who knows.

>>91994095
It just feel that way. He's a very very big absence. Cyborg isn't a proper replacement, we need MMH in a watchtower munching chocos.

>>91994072
I don't know what the fuck >>91994125 is talking about but they aren't dark at all. They're weird for the sake of being weird. It's run by the faggot that used to front My Chemical Romance back in the day. They really are avoidable at best, annoying at worst. I'd prefer DC push me my Marty and Fate than give these shitty books a push.
>>
>>91994859
>poach DC editors for their replacements.
i'll be pissed if Disney starts stealing DC's writers and editors
>>
>>91993624
It was only very recently that DC learned from and corrected their past (also remarkably bad) fuckups, while Marvel decided that for every thing their readers didn't like they would just make more of it.

What the retards at Marvel didn't take into account is that even if one or two controversial decisions do generate an increase in sales, a whole lot of them will both lose any wow factor and piss off the people who had stuck with them through that.
>>
>>91987982
They say this because Peter Quill has been turned into Guy Gardner.
>>
>>91994975
Marvel actually purged editors in 2011, I heard.
Too bad it seems like they purged the wrong ones.
>>
>>91993089
>>91993172
I was asking about her "new" ongoing.
>>
>>91994982
>I don't know what the fuck >>91994125 # is talking about but they aren't dark at all.

Simmer down son. I should have said adult, not dark.
>>
>>91994442
Everything Spider-Man related that's not been written by Slott or Bendis has been pretty good for me, but I'm a die hard spiderfag. Spidey was pretty good while it lasted, Silk did a few things that I was very happy about same with Web Warriors (they suffered from shit art though, badly), Thompson did some work making Venom SK and Silk work from the train wrecks he was given. Conway fucking killed it with that Carnage run, and Renew Your Vows feels like a love letter to an abused fan base. And then there is Spider-Man and Deadpool which suffered from a number of writers from /tv/ garbage as guest writers, but the issues by Kelly have been great, it's what feels like the "Flagship" spider title at the moment.

That being said, the current Venom series has been so bad, I'm hoping that it will improve but it's been bad. And we're stuck with Slott until he has a heart attack and dies so some else can write asm. Bendis' Spider-Kid has nice art. And I don't follow Spider-Gwen.
>>
>>91995245
Yes you should have. And you also should have avoided the simmer down. Now we all know your gay.
>>
>>91995326
Venom has been terrible. And the art in 150 looks like literal shit stains on a page.

I just wish they killed that edgy NOTsuke faggot.
>>
>>91995089
>for every thing their readers didn't like they would just make more of it
The day that Brevoort gets his walking papers his twitter account will be deleted from the sheer number of taunts over this policy.
>>
>>91995339
>you're
>>
>>91988036
No. It's like me calling you a piece of shit.
You aren't literally a piece of actual shit.
But the statement is still true.
You piece of shit.
>>
When you oy vey, you never get away
>>
>>91993770
>Trials of Shazam being their worst offender
What's wrong with it? Recently got but haven't read yet cause I saw it on a Captain Marvel best of list.
>>
>>91996777
I miss Tourette's Kitty
>>
>>91988036
>real condition

lol, yeah right. They're all a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>91997326
>Thinking PTSD isn't real
War does shit to people man
>>
>>91996777
That's legitimately funny
>>
>>91997365
boo fucking hoo
>>
>>91993676
They aren't going to learn until they fire the Muslim Sharia Law supporter in charge of creative.
>>
>>91997326
t. self-hating basket case
>>
>>91997416
Get a load of this guy who thinks that women who oppose FGM shouldn't have their vaginas removed.
>>
>>91994859
>My guess is that Disney won't care until a movie seriously underperforms

But the movies are separate from the rest of Marvel. If a movie underperforms then it's Ike who tries to argue that they should give him back control of the films away from Feige. Disney would step in if the comics, TV shows, and animation were doing poorly and they were getting bad publicity.
>>
>>91996777
That was seriously in Bendis' guardians?
>>
>>91997630
Yep. I had to look it up to see if it was an edit.
>>
>>91994192
>She's had simultaneously too much of a power creep to be interesting and too small of one to be worth her trinity spot.

Trinity has nothing to do with power levels, it has to do with the history Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman have.

As to your other complaints I feel as though you haven't read Wonder Woman recently.
>>
File: deadpool avenger.jpg (418KB, 581x881px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool avenger.jpg
418KB, 581x881px
>>91994442
Ironically enough, Deadpool. For someone who's absolute casual bait, his solo has been consistently well written, and he also gets to be in another great well selling Marvel book, Spider-Man/Deadpool
>>
>>91994192
Pray tell, how do you write her as feminine and as the "heart?"

The one who always goes "let's talk, not fight!" and then gets BTFO because the story needs action?
>>
>>91994594
Isn't that also the guy who said that it's not his place to judge if the Ms. America was good or not cause he's a white male?
>>
>>91998002
>his solo has been consistently well written

Somebody is forgetting the Way years when he was being whored out like a three dollar prostitute with half a dozen subpar titles.
>>
>>91995078
Marvel is incompetent at finding talent on their own, they've been stealing writers and artists from DC for the longest time.
>>
>>91987982
If it was a love letter to JLI, then I hope JLI burned it after reading the first paragraph.
>>
>>91998052
I guess I thought the question meant "currently". The Way run was a dark period for Deadpool, but it was good before, and has been good for awhile now.
>>
>>91990255
Tell that to Marvel that keep using them.
>>
>>91998126
now the ten dollar issues is the cancer
>>
>>91988646
>If you’re still unconvinced about the influence “Justice League International” had on “Guardians of the Galaxy,” you just have to read the final issue by Bendis and a murderer’s row of artistic collaborators. The issue features Thanos coming to Earth to finally crush us all into submission, but you could easily swap him out for Manga Khan as all-too-cocky approach to world domination costs him big time. He even starts off his address with “People of Earth, hi!” which seems just a bit too informal for The Mad Titan, but at this point in the run, Bendis is wearing his influences on his sleeve. The very final page of the run features Annihilus and Y-Gaar of The Brotherhood of the Badoon watching Thanos’ defeat and deciding that Earth isn’t worth their time anyway, a scene that’s such a Giffen and DeMatteis approach to villains, it makes you wish there was more of it.

AND THE AUTHOR THINKS THIS IS A GOOD THING THAT WE SHOULD SEE MORE OF????
>>
I can't stand Chris Pratt and obviously I didn't read any of the new Gotg stuff because it's just Chris Pratt and the meme gang featuring Kitty because Brian ''Did I mention I'm Jewish hihi'' Bendis can't get enough of her.
>>
>>91998886
>Manga Khan
The comparison is fucking absurd, because Manga Khan was created and introduced in JLI to be an over the top villain you were supposed to laugh with, not a preestablished cosmic menace that should be taken seriously like Thanos or Annihilus
>>
>>91998941
Exactly. If Bendis had done something like this with that one Yellow OC alien he used in Secret Wars and his first arc of ANAD or with Hala the Accuser, nobody would really care.
>>
>>91998898
You're wrong actually. It's Bendis characters and the Bendis characters. The movies didn't influence the personalities as written by Bendis at all, it was just Bendis writing characters he doesn't really care about much the only way he knows how.
>>
>>91994192
>>91998034

The reason WW can't be nice during Trinity team-ups is because you can't have two-thirds of a team be alike. Since Superman's more important than Wonder Woman, Superman's the one that is going to be shown as the nicest one. So writers twist Wonder Woman to be a bitch so she can better contrast with Superman, leaving Superman to keep his saintly status.

So you've Superman as the strongest and nicest one, Batman as the smartest and asshole-ish one, leaving Wonder Woman as the not particularly better at anything and meanest one.

But when she's alone or teaming up with other characters, even if just Batman she's able to remain as the nicest person in the story.
>>
>>91996777

>"REMEMBER THE SIXTEEN QUINTILLION!"
>>
>>91998886
>The very final page of the run features Annihilus and Y-Gaar of The Brotherhood of the Badoon watching Thanos’ defeat and deciding that Earth isn’t worth their time anyway
The writer of this clearly wasn' paying much attention. In reality, they ran away with their tail between their legs because Angela killed the Brood Queen and threatened to kill them too, and for some reason they were too stupid to just shoot the ship she was on and Annihilus forgot that his power level exceeds Angela's.
>>
>>91989649
There is still a media presence that acknowledges how bad Marvel is treating the X franchise. Can't say the same here.
>>
File: 1420014500979.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1420014500979.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
I wish Kieran would just do podcasts full time. He's a good lad but his writing is shite.
>>
>>91987982
Why do people even go to these sites anymore?
>>
>>91995185
Starlin didn't write that.
>>
>>91988126
Why would you feel for them? They knew what was coming when Bendis took over, they could have stopped reading it just like I did, but they didn't.
>>
>>91994175
What the fuck.
>>
>>92001766
I knew it was coming and I didn't bother reading reading his shit at all, and it's still shitting on and poisoning one of the coolest Marvel franchises, just like with X-Men. So go fuck yourself.
>>
>>91994859
>They won't. Quesada built a culture of never admitting to having made a mistake, Perlmutter institutionalized it and Alonso apprenticed under Quesada.
Plus they put Spencer, an absolute DC hater, on their current big event book, That should give you an idea on Marvel's upcoming projects: Never do it like DC does.
>>
>>91987982
>>91988646
>fucking over Maguire
that was a dumb decision by DC.

>>92001766
direct it at Bendis, not me.
>>
>>91998075
Because they hired one of the incompetents DC fired and put him in charge of talent recruitment. That is why they have been so shit at finding new talent.
>>
>>91994007
>>wonder woman has (had) rucka and top quality art and she's in trinity and jl
>>justice league is better now
>>suicide squad has a solid run and a nice little mini event with the jl that took only a couple months to happen
>>captain marvel has to wait because rebirth is slowly bringing in characters, it sucks but they aren't greenlighting a lot of new ongoings right now
Senpai, he was talking about DC in general, not just Rebirth. Don't be so casual. Also
>justice league is better now
Tip top kek
>>
>>91996806
It's fucking horrible. Made the character toxic since the fucking New 52 (that's almost five years) and completely ruined the mythos. Of course, then you had shit like the Black Adam and Isis arc on JSA that further cemented the idea that Captain Marvel is NEVER EVER coming back, plus that joke of a one-shot with Captain Marvel Jr., and you've got a pretty horrible half a decade for Cap fans, even longer if you didn't like Johns' Shazam. Thank god for Monster Society of Evil.
>>
>>92003901
>since
until
>>
>>91987982
OP, I don't know if CBR had changed their EiC or what, but this on top of their social media presence has taken a humongous shift for the worse over the past few weeks. It's become inflated with contradictory lists and clickbait opinion pieces. I'm not saying it was ever particularly great, but it is just such a complete shitshow of a site at this point. You really should seek out other sources for comic content.
>>
>>91988423
Kek
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.