[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would come out victorious in a free for all battle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 10

File: TLOK main villains.png (835KB, 887x500px) Image search: [Google]
TLOK main villains.png
835KB, 887x500px
Who would come out victorious in a free for all battle?
>>
>>91983341
second one will win (because dark avatar and all that junk)

1 will beat 3 and 4
>>
Amon because bloodbending is a hard counter to humans.
>>
Amon could beat any of them without lifting a finger
>>
>>91983341
Amon lost to Korra when she started airbending.
Zaheer would beat him.

Does Kuvira get her giant spirit vine powered mecha? Because that might stand a chance against the Dark Avatar
>>
The two blood benders take the bottom two out,It's a question of how fast Amon can reach the dark avatar before he blasts him to smithereens
>>
>>91983437
No, only their own power. But for the fun of it let's say that she could use it against Dorktar.
>>
>>91983437
Didn't Amon only lose because he wasn't prepared for Korra to suddenly airbend?
>>
>>91983561
Hardly a loss,he was focused on mako and Korra shot him out of a window by surprise leading to his exposure and departure.Its dubious to say that's proof he couldn't defeat airbenders,considering he took out tenzin and his family with backup but still
>>
>>91983341
Amon.

Blood bending > everything not avatar state
>>
I still feel Amon is the most OP.
>>
Amon could own anyone 1v1.
He didn't lost against Korra too he had to leave cuz he got exposed.
>>
>>91983341
Amon easily. Assuming that Unalock isn't in the full dark avatar state there is absolutely nothing the others could do to beat Amon. Not only does he seem to be regarded as objectively the best blood bender of all time (the others aren't even regarded as the best benders in their nations), the very fact that he controls their attacks while they are making them makes it impossible for other people to beat him. It'd be even more of a landslide if he utilized his powers to their fullest extent, he could easily just blood bend all three and then freeze the water in their bodies. The match would be over in less than thirty seconds.
>>
>>91983561
Partially. He lost because he couldn't study how airbenders fight, he could anticipate other benders but had no chance to study air.
>>
Someone where Korra S3 I realized this show was the show I've looked forward to the most out of every anime/liveaction I've ever seen.

Is any more Avatar stuff planned?
>>
>>91983341
Unalaq. He's Korra's equal and she beat everyone else.
>>
How to improve this shit series
1. Remove Kuvira
2. Replace with the founder of the Red Lotus and tie all the previous villains together by saying they were all working under him for the same common goal (no bending, no avatar, re-merging of the spirit world and physical)
3. Suddenly everything before matters and the series conclusion feels like a conclusiion
>>
>>91991722
There's a simpler solution. Have Amon be the overarching villain throughout the seasons.
>>
>>91983341
Amon beats Zaheer and Kujira. Unalock comes out as loss or draw; you aren't beating him easily as Dark Avatar.

>>91991722
I'd almost rather just swap Kuvira and Unalock, then make him the founder.
>>
>>91983341
Amon and Kuvira were the only "villains" who deserved to win. The world would be a better place.

Amon didn't even do anything wrong. All the benders who he got rid of their bending powers go to go free unless they were attacking the Equalists.

Kuvira really didn't do anything wrong. Republic City was on Earth Nation territory and was a colony of other powers. If Korra didn't want it to rejoin the Earth Nation she should've used her Avatar State and pushed it to the middle of the ocean free from all powers.
>>
File: 230114_908223010.png (133KB, 339x296px) Image search: [Google]
230114_908223010.png
133KB, 339x296px
>>91983437
>lost
>only got thrown out a window by cheap sucker punch move that didn't incapacitate or harm him

Amon was ready to smack the fuck out of Korra as soon as he got out of the water but that was rash and ruined his overall plan since by doing so he outed himself as a bender to the public.Did you even watch it?
>>
>>91991920
Koh being final boss after stealing the other villain's faces might have been satisfying. Could have bullshit up a reason like humans destroying Spirit World through the actions of the three previous villains.
>>
>>91991722
Honestly, it's pretty fucking weird how they came up with the Red Lotus as a major unifying factor for the first three seasons but pretty much dropped it completely for the last one.
>>
>>91991949
>Amon didn't even do anything wrong.
He was a vigilante and if the law can say Korra is wrong for going after criminals then Amon is wrong in the eyes of the law too.

>Republic City was on Earth Nation territory and was a colony of other powers.
Great Britain wants what is now the United States back. I suppose you are not from the USA so you can easily say they should kowtow and go back to being under one rule.
Or whatever country you are from that is the origin point of an original territory from centuries ago.
Also you are calling Aang and Zuko wrong.
>>
>>91992087
You know what is stupid.

Why the fuck did Amon wear make up instead of just scarring his face? Its not like he's going to use his normal face for anything since he's wearing a mask/is the leader of the revolution.
>>
>>91992162
>Britain wants what is now the United States back
What mate? Are you retarded?

>I suppose you are not from the USA
Them fighting words you non-yankee bitch.
>>
>>91991571
He lost because he got sucker punched by someone who shouldn't have been able to bend. Plothax defeated him
>>
>>91992223
His brother would still recognize him, which is a nono.
>>
>>91992223
because he's a pussy
>>
>>91992327
Yes, but what was the point of the make up? He was already committed to being Amon.
>>
>>91991949
Amon was a lunatic. He couldn't ever have achieved his goal through manually debending the world.

Kuvira would be reasonable if you ignored the last minute megalomania.
>middle of the ocean free from all powers
It'd be subject to fire nation navies
>>
File: 1170290-kushana.jpg (53KB, 460x640px) Image search: [Google]
1170290-kushana.jpg
53KB, 460x640px
>Kuvira

Such wasted potential. Bryke should have looked to Princess Kushana as inspiration.
>>
>>91983341
Anyone who didn't watch this garbage.
>>
File: korra dp crop.jpg (76KB, 565x565px) Image search: [Google]
korra dp crop.jpg
76KB, 565x565px
>>91983341
The real question is who could make Korra cum more in 1 night?
>>
>>91986344
what about dark avatar state?
>>
>>91992429
The Republic had their own United Navy. So the Fire Nation couldn't do anything.

>He could never achieve his goal through debending the world.
He could debend majority of the world and put benders into hiding.
>>
>>91991949
The Previous Earth King relinquished claim of the land after a breif skirmish with fire nation troops and it becoming apparent that inhabitants of that land , both fire nation and earth nation, actually liked living there together.
>>
>>91992265
You're a fucking retard if you can't understand what he said.
>>
Amon easy
>>
File: 1487352215814.jpg (375KB, 947x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1487352215814.jpg
375KB, 947x1055px
>>91991949
ha yeah just remove everybody's bending so right
>>
>>91992389
Amon is revealed as a bloodbender by his brother, his plan is fucked.
>>
>>91983341
Unavaatu wins because of god powers.
How wide is Amon's range? If it's only effective over short distances, then Zaheer could stay out of his range and gale force him. Kuvira only stands a chance against any of them if she has her mech, which she needs several underlings to operate.
>>
File: prepare-your-anus.jpg (119KB, 453x504px) Image search: [Google]
prepare-your-anus.jpg
119KB, 453x504px
>>91983341
Amon: bloodbending can be overcome by not being a sissy faggot. Even Mako did it, so this means Kuvira and Zaheer can overcome it.

Unalaq: He is not really a fighter, more of a researcher/priest.

Zaheer: it's jut air. Literally can't kill anyone that is not a sissy faggot.

Kuvira: probably would win. Except if someone brings the fact that her parents abandoned her.
>>
>>91983341
Henry Rollins and Kuvira
>>
>>91993618
>"Hey, Amon is my brother"
>"No I'm not"
>>
>>91992327
No he wouldn't.

Making massive changes like a scar would throw people off.

To help, change the hair style as well. Maybe dye it.
>>
>>91983341
Can someone explain to me exactly what happened at the end of season 2? She loses all connection to being the avatar and becomes a regular bender. Then she becomes a giant blue spirit that manages to spirit bend away the dark avatar?

So she just removed Vatu from existence? Isn't that REALLY fucking bad if he is in a ying/yang thing with Rava?
>>
>>91992429
I'll never understand why it was mandatory to attack Republic City when she had just gotten all of the earth kingdom back.

>>91991949
The avatar state got a retcon nerf. It barely makes Korra stronger.
>>
Did anyone else hate the last minute "You don't understand me! I was just trying to do the right thing and was unguided, I had no choice!" Bullshit that came from Kuvira? And then she just fucking surrendered everything after talking with Korra.

Talking with her didn't work any other time. She still had her army. She still had a militarized earth kingdom. Her soldiers are literally ready to fight, and probably win, after she comes out of the portal.

Hell didn't they succeed republic city to her anyway? Wasn't it rightfully eartjkind terriroty because of the agreed surrender? Shouldn't that be a huge violation of international law if Korra breaks that?
>>
>>91994684
Talking down someone that worked hard for 3 years, and even killed people for her goals, is a stupid idea in itself.

If someone has the resolution to kill for his goals, no amount of talk will make him just stop unless it's VERY logical and profitable.
>>
>>91983341
Korra would have been so much better if all 4 of these guys were doing their thing at the same time and not different seasons/books because I doubt some of them would have liked each other or their motives. Would be sort of like a 4 way power struggle, some would be forced to team up just to beat the other or team up with Korra, so many possable backstabbings and deceit just so they could move their own plan, possable wars being started. I could actually forgive Amon's shitty backstory or Zaheer's motives or Kuvira in general if all that happened. Fucking wasted potential.
>>
>>91994790
Didn't she just try to kill her fiancé? Didn't she just imprison her mom and reject her family? Didn't she just unify the earth kingdom? Didn't she just fucking win and was in the process of winning republic city?

It makes no sense for Korra just be able to convince her to surrender. I mean she even had people outside the portal ready to kill them and rescue her and she orders them to stand down.
>>
>>91991722
>Just SPECTRE that shit
>>
>>91994865
Yeah Korra changing the mind of someone who just finally accomplished everything after sacrificing literally everything she had made no sense.
>>
>>91983341
>Dark Avatar can only bend one element

Dumb as fuck.
>>
I just finally watched this and after finishing 2 I don't really have the will to go on. Does it recover from season 2? Actually really liked 1 but holy crap 2, what the heck
>>
>>91994971
Not to mention he let himself be spirit bended

Which why did that not work like all the other times where it resulted in a purified spirit? Why the fuck did it just make him disappear?
>>
>>91995057
Just wait until they Zuko and Toph back in there
>>
>>91992438
they were still different kinds of characters.
>>
>>91995057
3 is a lot better than 2 but it still has it flaws, 4 was just meh most of the time and the quality drop is really noticeable if you rewatch book 1 again.
>>
>>91995153
I actually really liked Kuvira as a villain until the very end
>>
Despite the big bad blood bending we have seen Amon get overpowered by pure physical strength once with Mako and once with Korra. Plus he clearly doesn't know how to turn off airbending.
>>
>>91995067
>Why the fuck did it just make him disappear?
The other spirits disappeared when Unalaq did the technique on them. And when Korra used it on the spirits that rushed out when they were meditating. That technique, if allowed to finish, is a one-shot to a being's soul.

>>91994684
>She still had her army. She still had a militarized earth kingdom. Her soldiers are literally ready to fight, and probably win, after she comes out of the portal.
An army that, as so many on 4chan love to circlejerk over, could be decimated by Bolin.
The Earth Kingdom wasn't militarized, she was taking the army around with her. An army who's mechanized division an EMP shuts down. Regular soldiers who were getting blown away by two airbenders, who now would face more airbenders plus an Avatar.

And the president went to surrender but Kuvira needed her fiancé there with her for some reason so the surrender was never finalized.
Oh shit! Did Aang get Ozai to sign the papers over to Zuko?
>>
>>91994684
>Hell didn't they succeed republic city to her anyway? Wasn't it rightfully eartjkind terriroty because of the agreed surrender? Shouldn't that be a huge violation of international law if Korra breaks that?

Just like how the Earth King agreed to surrender the same land 70 years ago?
>>
>>91995644
>Earth King agreed to surrender the same land 70 years ago
He never actually surrendered the land. Aang imposed that it was a separated thing. Read the comics again; Aang literally divides the city and the battleground.

>>91995545
>could be decimated by Bolin
says you

>Regular soldiers who were getting blown away by two airbenders
Don't bring plotbend into this. Just because the bad guys decided Not to earthbend a tunnel below them, doesn't mean they can't.

It was, like, 10 people against an army. There is no way for them to win.
>>
File: 60626109.jpg (68KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
60626109.jpg
68KB, 960x540px
>>91983341
There is only one answer
>>
Even if Amon is beaten by sheer will he is probably the most skilled bender there.
>>
>>91983428
>>91983434
Amon's bloodbending seemed kind of shoddy in his final episode though.
>Mako breaks through and shoots him with lightning
>Korra breaks through and launches him out the window with airbending

He isn't all-powerful like Yakone seemed to be in the flashback.
>>
>>91995929
>says you
I don't, but a scary high amount of individuals still cling to the waste of time, energy, and funds that is Bolin and prop him up as though he had a purpose beyond whatever the writers needed him to do to because he was already there since the last season.

>Don't bring plotbend into this.
I'd have to start at AtLA to avoid plotbending that carried over to this show seeing as how Aang and his team went against armies and they were less than ten people.
>>
>>91992223
I thought he could somehow bloodbend his face muscles/vessels to have the appearance of a scar.
>>
>>91992146
That was an asspull, though.
>>
>>91992496
Kuvira, obviously.
>>
>>91992496
>Implying a bloodbender, someone who has mastered the art of manipulating fluids inside a human, couldn't make Korra cum with the force of 1000 tsunamis
>>
>>91983434
Zaheer could fly without moving any of his limbs
>>
>>91994466
Apparently every time a kite destroys the other kite in their eon confrontation, eventually the destroyed kite reemerges from the other kite.

So either Korra's gonna give birth to a black kite or the poor next avatar is going to have a spirit unleashed a la Alien. Could you imagine the mother of the next avatar giving birth to both a baby and some black bile that flies off to who knows where?
>>
>>91996071
Probably.

I wonder how powerful Katara would have been with it if she had continued to use it.

Yakonne taught his sons to do it over a period of years, starting with animals first.

Katara just learned it in the moment, with no instruction, and outbend Hama, who invented it.

I'm disappointed that we got an "Aang uses Avatarstate to overpower Yakonne" instead of

>Katara is literally the only person on earth on Yakonne's level and she has to out blood-bend him to save the lives of Aang, Sokka, Toph, ect
>>
>>91996269
>next reincarnation is twins
>one normal avatar
>one dark avatar
>half to balance their ying/yang of chaos and order
>chaos bends wind and fire
>order bends earth and water

Wow it's almost a good idea for a new season.
>>
>>91996146
Bolin was a choke until lava bending

And that doesn't even make sense. Bending lava? Yes. Creating lava? No.
>>
>>91996146
> how Aang and his team went against armies and they were less than ten people

1- Fire nation army is stated to be incompetent to the point even Sokka manages to get in

2- They lost at least half of the fights they were outnumbered. The other half, the ones they won/escaped, either were against opponents that we could easily tell were weaker than them, had reinforcements (kyoshi warriors helped, some new character helped, Appa helped..) or had special conditions (for example, "we can't kill the avatar", like when Aang and Zuko escaped from Zhao).

The problem is that with Kuvira there is no "the avatar must be kept alive" kind of excuse. She could literally just shoot her lasers and destroy the entire city; hell, she could just threaten to shoot again and they would give up! same thing with her troops; why no one used bending to stop the two airbenders? there is no excuse here other than "the villain loses because". That said the last battle in ATLA has a little of that, considering Ozai just went crazy, but it's more excusable because we know little about Ozai by that time. It's buyable that he was just a crazy cunt that wanted to 1x1 the avatar.
>>
>>91996407
>creating Lava

Vibrating rock molecules so that they heat up and become molten rock. Doesn't as far-fetched as a lot of /co/ shit.

That's how waterbenders change ice into water and steam.
>>
>>91994466
>So she just removed Vatu from existence? Isn't that REALLY fucking bad if he is in a ying/yang thing with Rava?
Wan sealed Vatu away from Rava. Korra used Unalaq's technique on Vatu which "destroys" a soul/spirit. But since Vatu is a necessary part of the universe, he ends up being born again in his other half that is Rava.

So Vatu is now bound to Rava again like how Vatu and Rava were struggling before Wan stepped in. Both portals needed to be opened, as Jinora read, for Vatu to be able to break free from the plot tree. But since he's now inside Rava who is inside her Avatar, he's contained unless someone deliberately wants to do what Unalaq wanted and make spirits rule both realms.
>>
>>91996443
My brain literally hurts from the stupid in this post.
>>
>>91996449
>That's how waterbenders change ice into water and steam.
Water is the element of change.
Earth is steadfast.
>>
>>91996449
I don't think you understand how much fucking energy it takes to melt rock. A firebender would probably collapse of exhaustion before he could melt a single bolder. Bolin just creates shitloads of it for no effortlessly
>>
>>91996465
So why didn't Unaloc do that to her if it was so effective and he was way more fucking experienced
>>
>>91996146
>Aang's team went against armies

The only time they actually took down anything resembling an entire army was during Sozin's Comet, and that was just a fleet of airships.

Aside from Aang + Ocean Spirit at the North Pole, obviously.

Also:
>Every bender in the Gaang was considered the greatest of all time in their element aside from maybe Zuko, (though even he had an argument after The Sun Warriors).
>>
The dark avatar was such shit.

Second episode of the second season of Korra, Unalaq says that no spirit is completely dark or completely light. They're two halves of a whole. You can't have one without the other. And what happens? The dark spirit is simplified to the embodiment of all evil.
>>
>>91996502
>steadfast
>not steady and strong
>>
>>91996575
You're forgetting the Earth King's palace fight, anon

And the Dai Li fight in "Lake Laogai", though they had a bit of help there.
>>
>>91996579
They also fuck it up by using lazy ying/yang symbolism which also implies not good or bad but balance
>>
>>91996552
Because he's an idiot and bad writing was everywhere for season 2 of LoK. The very inclusion and explanation for the history of the Avatar just reinforces the terrible decisions the writers made and therefore had the characters take.
I don't recall if the technique would work on a human being as flesh and spirit but it worked on people who had their spirits in the spirit world while their bodies were left back in the mortal world.
>>
>>91996617
There was nothing wrong with the attack on the earth kingdom palace.
>>
>>91996502
Probably why every waterbender can make steam, and only 2 people have ever made lava

>>91996523
>Avatar is not realistic
wow really?

>A firebender would collapse
That's why firebenders don't do it. Creating the lava with firebending would be impossible because you're just heating the rock from the outside. Lavabending is (I assume) heating it by vibrating its molecules.
>>
>>91996639
I'll never forget how they used amnesia to make Korra forget about Raava (yet she was still mumbling her name somehow) so they could introduce the backstory retcon

Despite the fact that Korra nor the audience knew who the fuck Raava was. The amnesia was completely unnecessary.

And then to top it all off they used the amnesia to restart the love triangle bullshit.
>>
>>91996502
No, air is the element of change.

Earth is the most stable element, but all elements are subject to change. It's just that Earth is the hardest to change. It can be done though; the space sword was originally earth from space.

>>91996523
I don't know if Bolin was actually superheating the earth to make lava or if perhaps he was bringing lava up to the surface.

Either way, shut the fuck up about the physics of people who can move rocks with their minds.
>>
>>91996644
Except everything?
>>
>>91996706
???

It was just Toph wrecking other earthbenders, the type of bender she's basically unbeatable against.
>>
>>91996717
This, also the defenses probably weren't 100% because of the whole

>"There is no war behind the walls"

thing
>>
>>91996717
Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it? Plus, Toph wasn't the only one depicted as OP in that fight.
>>
>>91996651
>he's using the "it's okay that the story breaks the rules set by the universe because it is fantasy and therefore has no rules or logic" fallacy

It gets really fucking old that retards like you keep using that excuse.

>"hey in Harry Potter 'X' seems out of place"
>duh dude it's a magic world of wizards there are no rules at all set forth by the author or the world building
>>
>>91996644
The Gaang at their best. Storming the palace, wrecking up shit, all while apologizing & not seriously hurting anyone along the way.
>>
>>91996644
>There was nothing wrong with the attack on the earth kingdom palace.
No there isn't. But the discussion is that Kuvira's army of unnamed mooks would be able to defeat named characters who are more diverse with the elements versus just earth and metal, said Kuvira's army's mechs can be shut down by an EMP, and their symbol of power just got taken down while their commander is being spooned by the person who grabbed the energy beam.
>>
>>91996738
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MST3KMantra
>>
>>91996732
Also they came flying in on Appa.

And the Earth Kingdom army would have absolutely no defense against an aerial assault since the Airbenders had been dead for 100 years
>>
>>91996751
The difference was that they legitimently could have freed her and taken her back to the earth kingdom. She could have easily retreated instead of going the whole "I'll answer to the law and all the crimes I've committed."
>>
>>91996738
The main rule is that benders can only bend material of their element. Airbenders & waterbenders can bend steam & clouds, waterbenders & earthbenders can bend mud, & so on.
>>
>>91996760
>And the Earth Kingdom army would have absolutely no defense against an aerial assault
This... this has to be a joke, right?
When was your last ATLA rewatch?
>>
>>91996695
>No, air is the element of change.
Iroh and Tenzin say that air is freedom.

The space sword retained its "earth" as a metal with earth inside of it that Toph could bend as she could see the earth left behind.
>>
>>91996738
>rules set by the universe

When did the Avatar Universe break the rules when it comes to lavabending?

>Waterbending
Waterbenders commonly use bending to heat water from below freezing (32f) to steam (212+). It's a heating difference of (at least) 180-200 degrees Farenheit.

>Lavabending
Earthbenders RARELY use bending to heat rock from regular temp (50-90 degrees) to 1000 degrees, at which point rock becomes molten. That's a temp difference of about 900 degrees.

By that logic, it's about a 700 degree difference between what waterbenders do regularly, and what 2 lavabenders in history have ever done.

Why is that so far-fetched?
>>
>>91996780
>The difference was that they legitimently could have freed her and taken her back to the earth kingdom.
They were already in the earth kingdom though? You mean further away from the opponents hands. Said hands that are connected to shoulders that are the thing propping said commander up?
>>
>>91996738
Earthbenders could lift boulders and move them faster than bullets. Do you know how much force that is?

So imagine how fast they could a significant lighter amount of rock, say the molecules of the rocks, but instead diverting energy to making them travel far, it basically just needs to stay in place.

Plus once small bits of the rocks start to melt, it gets easier since the lava will melt the rock around it.
>>
>>91996379
Katara out-bloodbending a guy who had been doing it his whole life and was so powerful he didn't even need a full moon and could bloodbend dozens of people with his fucking mind would have been dumb.
>>
>>91996799
Not him, but what?

Aang LITERALLY flies over the walls of Ba Sing Se without any problem.

The Earth Kingdom is never shown to have War Balloon technology. They couldn't even stop a drill.
>>
>>91996879
Not much dumber than her out-bloodbending Hama despite not even having studied the technique yet.

"My bending is stronger than yours!!!" - bullshit.
>>
>>91996839
>Why is that so far-fetched?
Because one is a super terrorist and the other is some schmuck who is a tag along to the person who the other female characters liked so that schmuck ends up sticking around and we had to give him something for the finale otherwise he'd just end up being Asami.
>>
>>91996799
>>91996883
Appa was a relatively small but fast moving target that could weave between, above or below any rock assaults in three dimensions without any trouble
>>
>>91996883
>Surface-to-air rocks!
>>
>>91996879
We never actually see Katara try to bloodbend without the full moon.

Going by her track record with other skills (learning bloodbending on the first try, learning healing by accident, becoming a waterbending master in a matter of weeks with Pakku) it's not a crazy assumption to make that she could bloodbend without the full moon.
>>
>>91996892
Yeah, but that was retarded too. It doesn't make the other better.
>>
>>91996865
>Earthbenders could lift boulders and move them faster than bullets.
The Avatar could, though Ozai was still dodging them so it's not faster than bullets. But that aside, citation needed on your fanfiction.
>>
>>91996905
But that's a character issue, not a "Breaking the rules established by a universe issue" that you mentioned here:>>91996738
>>
>>91996921
We see from Yakone and his family that they practiced bloodbending with the full moon and needed it until they became skilled enough to bloodbend without the powerboost it gave them.Yeah, Katara could probably bloodbend anytime if she practiced for years like they did, but she never used it and went so far as to make it illegal (which was retarded).
>>
>>91996907
You forgetting >>91996914
Or Winter Solstice part 2?
Or the Cave of Two Lovers?
What the fuck, anon...
>>
>>91996802
Air is the element of freedom & change. It's why in order to complete the spinning screen airbending obstacle one must be able to change direction at a moment's notice.

Air is always moving. If air stops moving, it no longer has power. See how Aang's air scooter depletes when he tries to remain in a fixed position.

Essentially the following:
Air- Unstable, Change
Fire
Water
Earth- Most Stable, Most Resistant to Change

Or how I see it from a fighting standpoint:
Fire- Attack
Earth- Defense
Water- Health/Counter
Air- Evasion
>>
>>91996689
>The amnesia was completely unnecessary.
The amnesia allowed it so we didn't get the Fire Nation in the story and instead relied on the brothers to take down Unalaq's navy so that way the brothers could remain in the story despite not having a purpose anymore past season 1 other than Mako being the boyfriend.
>>
>>91996969
I like the fighting standpoint thing.

Except, our small sample of Airbenders are so powerful that airbending honestly seems like a more effective attack element than fire.

Aang wrecked some fucking SHIT with air on the rare occasions he got mad.
>>
>>91996390
Mite be cool. Doesn't really work with how Bryke set it up though since Vaatu doesn't hold any bending and Raava holds 4 elements. I also think that Raava and Vaatu would be linked to eachother and as such wouldn't be able to inhabit different people.
>>
>>91997013
So did ALL the other elements, possibly more on average given Aang's incredible airbending power even outside of being the Avatar (youngest master, remember).
>>
>>91996954
Yeah, I agree about Katara probably being able to do it without the moon.

Was it made illegal EVERYWHERE? or just republic city? or just the Southern Water tribe?
>>
>>91997030
If Vaatu sprouts from Raava now, it's possible he could carry an element or two or all four.
>>
>>91997052
I'm pretty sure she made it illegal everywhere. Probably used Aang's authority.
>>
>>91997087
The Avatar doesn't have any official "authority", in ATLA at least. Fucking retcons.
>>
>>91994971
Vatu never got the elements from the Lion Turtles like Rava did forever ago. He was only able to use his natural water bending and then boosted fuckall spirit power
>>
>>91997087
>Probably used Aang's authority.
Right, the Avatar authority that the nations hold in such high regard that they invite them to hold an audience. People such as the council in the Republic of Nations, the Northern Water Tribe, the Earth Kingdom, and then the new would-be empress after the Earth Kingdom fell again.
>>
Is the Northern Water Tribe Chief in ATLA Book 1 Korra's grandfather?

Wouldn't that make Yue Korra's aunt?
>>
>>91997130
Probably, or great-grandfather.

>Yue turns into the Moon
>Chief and wife get busy, have another son who becomes King
>New King has 2 sons, Tonraq and Unalaq
>>
>>91997130
We're not sure. It seems that the Chief in ATLA lost his only bloodline, so they must have had a regime change.
>>
>>91997067
Depends on wether or not they're still individuals that are connected. I doubt he could just steal some of her power.
>>
>>91997180
He could have had another son after Yue.

Also could have had a younger brother that assumed the throne after his death, which would make Tonraq and Unalaq Yue's cousins.
>>
>>91983341
I mean, Zaheer can fly. Whoever has the better range would probably win. Zaheer could just kill Amon earth queen style if he flew up out of his range.
>>
>>91997211
I'm thinking he had a brother or some other family. I didn't see Yue's mother outside of flashbacks...
>>
>>91997253
Good point. Probably a brother then.

Funny - Aang may have met his future grandfather while in the NWT.

I wonder if an avatar's child has ever become the avatar.
>Avatar gets his wife pregnant
>Dies while wife is pregnant with the child
>Wife happens to be from nation that is next in the cycle
>Baby comes out, is new Avatar

Could be interesting. You never get to meet your father except as a spiritual guide.
>>
>>91997307
Unless the Avatar dies the same moment their child is born, there's no chance it can happen. It seems to be an instant transition between Avatars. One dies, one comes to life.
>>
>>91983341
>two waterbenders
>airbender
>earthbender
>all of them suck and loose to a failure like Korra
Once again proving the Fire Nation and firebenders in general are the true master race.
>>
File: 1491534171346.jpg (181KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1491534171346.jpg
181KB, 900x675px
I absolutely HATED the end of Amon. So much of it was stupid. Why wear make-up? Just in case, at some point, someone claimed his story was fake? He was always wearing a mask, was he always wearing make up? He's got this legion of fanatics and the fact that he's a bender is enough to break their spirits of the organization? But the fucking reveal was the worst part. Oh no, I'm thrown out a window, my make up came off, might as well water bend like crazy? You figure a guy like that might have more self-control than to self-destruct like that and so fantastically. Like, what water bender just goes "time to vortex my way into the battle"?
But what's dumber than that, is that his "bending removal" is just like a physical blood block. It can be undone by the avatar, but even if he managed to kill the avatar, he is the living proof that losing your bending (from magical ways no less) does not mean you can't pass it on. So what was his goal here? Remove everyone's bending and then rule the world? An insurgence would absolutely happen with maybe 12 years at most. All the benders who don't know they're benders yet during his purge and all the new offspring, what reasons would they have for not destroying the man whose crippled their families and stuff?
Not to mention all that "all according to keikaku" only for most of it to be like coincidences that worked in his favor and not a big payoff. Felt weak as shit. I like Amon, but fuck, his story and plan were pretty lame
>>
>>91994593
Because republic city would never sand idly by as the earth kingdom gained its freedom while they had anice , dumb puppet ruler ready to take over and keep the EK functional to their interests
>>
>>91997490
>Oh no, I'm thrown out a window, my make up came off, might as well water bend like crazy?
It was pretty fucking clear that he was unconscious and so it was involuntary. Rewatch the scene, anon
>>
>>91995153
>book 1
>good
>ridiculous love triangle
>pro-bending
>bending without form
>most boring location of all time
>villain just quits for no reason
>>
>>91997490
>losing your bending (from magical ways no less) does not mean you can't pass it on

Perhaps.

Or perhaps Yakone specifically chose to marry a waterbender so he would have waterbender kids.
>>
>>91997446
Y'know, we will probably never know what would happen if one Avatar dies & there wasn't anyone of the next element to be born.
>>
>>91997872
And yet it was still better than all the others, including the highly overrated Book 3. Also, if I hear one more complaint about pro-bending I feel like I'm gonna go on a shitposting rampage across /co/.
>>
>>91997893
For that you can thank the original series writers, who didn't have the balls to actually get rid of the Avatar State permanently.
>>
>>91997899
>pro bending

Agreed. TLA is my favorite, but I'd rather watch an hour of pro-bending than some of TLA's more "filler" episodes like Great Divide.
>>
>>91994334
>Unalaq: He is not really a fighter, more of a researcher/priest.

Well he kicked Tonraq's ass pretty handily.
>>
Unalaq would win. Since he's bonded with Vaatu, he could just enter the Avatar State, which was shown by Aang to be so powerful that it could break a bloodbending grip. Dumb post.
>>
>>91997899
In what way is it possible to defend pro-bending? It's entirely irrelevant to the plot, doesn't make sense within the context of bending, and takes up more than half of the first season. It's the largest contributor to season 1 feeling like a fucking filler season. The only season I could see being considered worse than 1 is 2 considering it's unlikable cast of characters, forgettable villain, and nonsensical plot.

3 at the very least was interesting. If you want to call it overrated you're a contrarian moron. There's no season of Korra that has good writing, but at the very least season 3 was good in the way of a summer blockbuster, filled with spectacle.
>>
>>91997981
>In what way is it possible to defend pro-bending?

It was fun. No seriously. As much as I liked Zaheer & crew, I often found myself missing pro bending.
>>
>>91997981
>In what way is it possible to defend pro-bending?
It was literally LOK's only good contribution to the franchise, and I do mean only. It was something totally original, and FUN. If you don't like it you probably didn't enjoy many of the fun moments in the original series either.
>It's the largest contributor to season 1 feeling like a fucking filler season.
Okay, so drop the "probably" in my previous sentence.
>good in the way of a summer blockbuster, filled with spectacle.
Your opinions are now discarded.
>>
>>91998025
>I can't come up with any points so I'll resort to personal attacks

What has this earned you? Was this post even for me, or was it to reassure yourself? Wouldn't you feel more fulfilled by actually reasoning out your own opinion?
>>
>>91997981
I honestly don't remember much of season four. Korra runs away, everybody goes on with their lives, but Kuvira is bad? I don't see what was inherently bad with her goal of uniting the Earth Kingdom together again. I don't remember any politics, just war stuff.
>>
>>91998044
My point is that you didn't like ATLA, so you don't like LOK. Don't pretend you liked ATLA.
>>
>>91994463

Or just get plastic surgery done since that is apparently a thing in Korra's time.
>>
>>91995172
Then you weren't paying close enough attention to the subtle hints about how the season would crash and burn worse than any of the others.
>>
File: b49.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>91998071
DON'T REMIND ME.
>>
>>91998025
Pro-bending was more of a distraction for the kids than a serious addition to the plot. Other than the surprise Equalist attack in the finals, it had no use other than changing Tenzin's mind a little.
>>
>>91998057
TLA is infinitely better than Korra because it establishes a tone and sticks with it. When it does have to shift gears it does it subtly, from first sequentially to fifth. Whereas Korra attempts to shift from first straight to fifth and burns the clutch. I also never claimed to not like Korra, just that the first season is bad, because it's mostly filler and heavy handed plot. The only thing that even kind of redeems it is Toph's speech in S4 when the writers somewhat successfully attempt to tie everything together.
>>
>>91998102
>Other than the surprise Equalist attack in the finals, it had no use other than changing Tenzin's mind a little.
"Other than these two major effects on the plot I listed (which happened in the only two episodes pro-bending was significantly featured in to boot) it had absolutely no effect on the plot."
>>
>>91998106

>When it does have to shift gears it does it subtly, from first sequentially to fifth. Whereas Korra attempts to shift from first straight to fifth and burns the clutch.

What? By its very episodic nature ATLA switches tone from serious to comical all the time between episodes and sometimes even within the same episode.
>>
File: 48.gif (2MB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
48.gif
2MB, 500x240px
I wonder if getting flight would have allowed Zaheer to actually beat Tenzin. I mean I don't think it would, but that's mostly because he only used his flying to run away from Korra.

Also, Tenzin vs. Red Lotus was my favorite fight of LoK.
>>
>>91998106
>TLA is infinitely better than Korra because it establishes a tone and sticks with it.
This is a joke, right? Only Book 2 even comes close to balancing the humor and seriousness.
>When it does have to shift gears it does it subtly, from first sequentially to fifth.
You may need to explain your metaphor more.
>Whereas Korra attempts to shift from first straight to fifth and burns the clutch.
See previous.
>I also never claimed to not like Korra, just that the first season is bad, because it's mostly filler and heavy handed plot.
First season is bad. These reasons are worse.
>The only thing that even kind of redeems it is Toph's speech in S4 when the writers somewhat successfully attempt to tie everything together.
Toph's entire characterization in LOK was shit.
>>
>>91997974
Yeah, but Korra wrecked him with ONE airbending blast.

I don't think he's on par with the top-tier waterbenders, like Prime Katara, Pakku, and Ming-Hua. (Bloodbenders are excluded from this since we basically never see them do any regular waterbending)
>>
>>91998130
TLA uses Aang's childlike nature to change a humorous moment into an intense or sad one. He's ignorant so he's able to approach horrible things with light-hearted innocence. Even in episodes where tone shifted dramatically part-way through this allowed them to have a constant believable midpoint for the character between silly bullshit and serious bullshit. Did you even watch TLA?
>>
>>91998178
>TLA uses Aang's childlike nature
Very, very unrealistically, to the point that TV Tropes (YES, I KNOW, SHUT UP) uses that as an example of Angst? What Angst?
>>
>>91998125
Accurate.

Pro-bending taught Korra to move and behave like an airbender. Something no amount of meditation and traditional training would ever have.

It was also symbolic of the 3 elements living together, as well as the power dynamic between benders and non-benders in Republic City
>>
>>91998204
and yet Aang is one of the most likable character in all of TLA. Even his immense power doesn't make him feel like a Mary Sue because he still has his demons and doubts - past failures that haunt him.
>>
>>91998204
Suspension of disbelief. It's not always a bad thing. Something that Korra could have used more of rather than patchwork plot and tone.
>>
>>91998125
It had the one with airbending moves (which was dropped afterwards completely), but the equalist attack had nothing to do with Pro-bending, the arena was just a backdrop for it happening.
>>
>>91998136
Tenzin had that tornado thingy he could stand on so he wouldn't be 100% useless in aerial combat. Also, airbenders are probably the second worst type of bender to give flying to (after earthbenders). They're already more mobile than their opponents, and their ranged attacks are not powerful enough to let them decide a fight with sniping.
>>
>>91983341
It is shown that Aang could break through Bloodbending by going into Avatar state so:
Dark Avatar > Blood bending
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.