[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Ultron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: avengers-age-of-ultron.jpg (597KB, 550x814px) Image search: [Google]
avengers-age-of-ultron.jpg
597KB, 550x814px
Why does everyone hate this movie?

I know it's not as good as the first one and really doesn't deliver the hype
>>
>>91982228
Because it could have been really good if not for Whedon's idiocy.

For example, you could have an epic 3-4 minute Thor vs Ultron fight, instead you got 30 seconds cut into three amidst quick cuts that made no sense.

Bullshit like this and the quip overload destroyed a good movie.
>>
You literally answered your own question,it didn't live up to the hype and letdown bromides and NEETS.
>>
File: hal.jpg (27KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
hal.jpg
27KB, 500x350px
I expected Hal 9000 to be the villain, not some emotional robit.
>>
>>91982395
MCU Utron is pretty shit but Ultron is SUPPOSED to be an angry emotional robit.
Hal 9000 was in a way, too.
>>
>>91982334
>Because it could have been really good if not for Whedon's idiocy.
Strongly disagree. He did a great job.
>>
It's not a complete disaster like some people make it up to be, but it was pretty disappointing.

The trailer promised a different movie, so a lot of fans were rightfully let down. It's a mixed bag for me, on the one hand it has some of my favorite MCU scenes (the mansion party, all of Vision's scenes, Hawkeye giving SW a pep talk, the farm stuff), but on the other hand it has some truly shit parts that dragged the movie down (Hulk/Widow romance, Ultron's characterization, Thor's weird subplot). I had high expectations for it so at the end I just thought it could've been better.
>>
I knew it was going to be a lesser movie when they used a fight scene tracking shot in the first goddamn scene. It was the thing that people loved from the first movie put in without any weight.

Then there was the smash cut of Strucker telling people not to surrender and him saying he would surrender.

The whole movie kept sucking and botching opportunities to impress or entertain me. I wasn't feeling it at all.
>>
>>91982228
It was a huge letdown after the first film (which wasn't perfect but still was a lot of fun and delivered on what it promised).

I think what really bogged down the movie for me was how horribly Ultron was set up as a villain, how bland and rote the actual story was, and how awful the quips and one-liners were. No character was allowed to breathe or have room to grow in an organic way and when they did it was actually really contrived and awful.

A lot of people will cite the farm scene as a great moment that provides character development but all of the character development there is awful and takes the characters in a bad direction. The Black Widow & Banner romance was forced and really out of left field, Hawkeye being the group's "mom" was also a head scratcher for me, and the pace of the film just screeched to a halt. It felt like a complete waste of time. Whedon was more concerned with having "clever dialogue" and a punchy script than having real moments giving Tony pathos (the image of him seeing the pile of dead bodies of the Avengers was one scene I actually did like) or really exploring what makes the characters tick. It was all surface, no subtext.

After the amazing fight choreography and cinematography of Winter Soldier, Ultron was a huge letdown in that department as well. I was actually really bored during the last fight in Sokovia. The movie was seriously a chore to get through. It felt like it was 5 hours long.

The only highlights for me were the party scene where they all tried to pull Thor's hammer and the Hulkbuster fight. Everything else was awful.
>>
It was a decent movie, it just was nowhere near the best version of an Avengers 2 we could have got. I blame studio interferrence moreso than Whedon for the way the movie turned out. Every time I watch the movie I can just feel a bunch of kike executives jizzing all over the movie.
>>
>>91983801
>The whole movie kept sucking and botching opportunities to impress or entertain me.
This. It felt like Whedon was purposefully subverting any dramatic moments in an attempt to be unique or clever.
>Strucker surrendering
>Super awesome Iron Man/Thor/Vision combo against Ultron, who does a "hrr in hindsight" joke and then gets knocked away by the Hulk
I hated that. It's like he saw that everyone liked the "Puny god" scene and tried to do it again.
>>
>>91982228

I don't hate it, and I am not sure it could have been made better by anyone else, but... well...

I guess Ultron was just a little too nice for my tastes. In the comics, I like Ultron best when he's just a pressure cooker of hate, who constantly restrains himself. And in my head, sounds that way as well, biting down on every word - and no sense of humor or self-relativation whatsoever. Just anger and hatred.
>>
>>91982228
>I know it's not as good as the first one and really doesn't deliver the hype
It really is the perfect GotG2 analog.
>>
>>91984966
They don't even do anything with the "HEY HE'S LIKE TONY" bit. Like he zigzags between whatever the hell his character is supposed to be.

Plus it's really not as dark as the trailers made it out to be, I feel like they got high of the "haha we're FUN unlike DC" thing and just went too far with it.
>>
File: aaron johnson quicksilver 2.png (1MB, 842x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaron johnson quicksilver 2.png
1MB, 842x1080px
>>91982228
they killed off best boy
>>
>>91982334
Maybe it would have messed with the pacing to have a fight there. Plus, Vision is only taking Warlock's place in the movies, he isn't literally Adam Warlock in that movie.

Age of Ultron is actually better than 2012 Avengers. It even looks much better than it. If you saw AoU before 2012 Avengers you could objectively see this truth.
>>
Better directed than the first by a ridiculous amount but with an overall worse and unfocused script.

>>91982706
>The trailer promised a different movie,
This anon hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>91986316
>Age of Ultron is actually better than 2012 Avengers. It even looks much better than it. If you saw AoU before 2012 Avengers you could objectively see this truth.
I'm not the Anon you responded to but AoU actually looks like shit. The CGI is ass and they gave Ultron a goofy looking mouth that made him look like fucking Crazy Frog.

The fights were garbage too. We have a really poorly choreographed raid on a Hydra facility that culminates in the Hulk/Widow Twilight-tier romance of them touching hands, a crappy Ultron fight with the whole cast complete with Scarlet Witch mind control (because they need a contrived reason to all hate each other again), a really shitty Matrix Reloaded ripoff fight on the freeway, Hulkbuster fight (which was decent), and then a really horrible uninspired fight in floating Sokovia.

At no point in AoU was I invested in what was going on. At least Avengers had that going for it.
>>
>>91982395

How are there still people who only know Ultron from EMH and still think this?
>>
File: marvel makeup quality.jpg (115KB, 730x577px) Image search: [Google]
marvel makeup quality.jpg
115KB, 730x577px
>>91986706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq88OfYENEk
>>
>>91982334
Heard the Marvel Studio's creative council fuck him over in a lot of areas.

Makes sense to me because it feels like a filler-movie than it does a stand-alone movie.
>>
File: thanks whedon.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thanks whedon.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>91986316
>>91987430
LOL
>>
File: fuck screen direction.webm (3MB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
fuck screen direction.webm
3MB, 1280x534px
>>91989347
LOL
>>
>>91982228
It wasn't terrible, but it could have been more. I'm fine with Tony Stark and Hawkeye and maybe even Banner being constant smartasses, but the "quips" stuff doesn't fit Thor or Cap or Widow.

Other than that, all the basics were there, just never well implemented. You could have kept every scene in a rough way but implement them better. Ultron is a clear choice for Avenger's enemy, but I didn't enjoy his portrayal much. I'm ok with a big fight scene, there should be one, but what we got was kind of "meh" for some reason.

I do like, as someone more clever than me observed, the arc of:

Avengers 1 - team is shit until they learn to work together by the end fight.
Avengers 2 - They're working well together until mid-movie cracks start showing.
Avengers 2.5 (Civil War) - They all fall apart again.

It's a neat arc spanning many films and some credit should be given there. Marvel just managed to somehow peak in Avengers1-Winter Soldier (maybe Ant-Man?) then things have been going down hill since.
>>
>>91982228

I didn't like it at first because of how unthreatening Ultron was, how convoluted his origin is and how retarded and inconsistent his plan was, but if you just accept homeboy's off his nut then it's easier to enjoy on second viewings.
>>
>>91989381

this shit was painful to seethe first time because you knew it was their money shot and it was so underwhelming.

There are a couple moments I like in AoU but they're just tiny individual gems surrounded by a shitty plot
>>
>>91989901
I think it is a really great shot and scene but it really felt like it lacked the emotion it should have had.

The lack of an "Ultron, I say thee NAY!" moment was sad.
>>
>>91989510
>Marvel just managed to somehow peak in Avengers1-Winter Soldier (maybe Ant-Man?) then things have been going down hill since.
I'd agree with this if Civil War and Doctor Strange weren't as great as they are.
>>
>>91987442
I read somewhere he wanted Ultron to free Abomination and also to introduce more new characters.
>>
So will we ever see more of Ultron or a better version? Or was this pretty much then end of him in films.
>>
>>91992002
Can't see why they'd do him again. He wasn't that well received by newcomers or fans. Plus he died in the movie.

In a reboot? Maybe. But that'll be at least 10-15 years from now.

I'm oddly looking forward to Ultron Sigma in MvC Infinite though.
>>
>>91982228
i like it
people actually HATING it is unique to 4chan, people generally have a good opinion of it
>>
File: dea8c569b0978482cf07841cdbfc5872.jpg (445KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
dea8c569b0978482cf07841cdbfc5872.jpg
445KB, 1000x562px
>>91982228
MCU Ultron is fucking mediocre, shit origin and not a thread.

Comics Ultron is amazing, great origin, always a big thread and defeated the Avengers in various timelines/universes.
>>
File: vision becomes adam warlock.jpg (855KB, 642x1973px) Image search: [Google]
vision becomes adam warlock.jpg
855KB, 642x1973px
>>91992349
>>
File: cap angry.jpg (76KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
cap angry.jpg
76KB, 500x256px
>>91989381
Why does Cap just disappear after smashing a single bot?
>>
whedon a shit

> black widow/hulk romance NOBODY asked for
> quiptron
> went with bayformers face ultron
> killing off quickslav because he has a shock boner for that bullshit
> married hawkeye with kids
> cut loki/thor vision quest shit, which made it stupid when he came back suddenly
> STILL doesn't get cap after russos laid easy template post-winter soldier

so fucking glad he's gone
>>
>>91982502
I think a big part of his character is being overly emotional in an indifferent and physically imposing body. Giving him facial features was a mistake
>>
>>91995618
What exactly didn't he understand about Cap?
>>
>>91989347
This is not okay.

>>91989381
This one I can bear, but not as THE climactic shot of the fight
>>
>>91995732
he was the one who had cap give up in civil war, when millar couldn't come up with the ending

whedon's said it a bunch of times in interviews, he's not a huge soldier character guy. he just doesn't "get" it. which is also why he totally hates frank as well
>>
File: 1458882952211.gif (3MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1458882952211.gif
3MB, 267x199px
>>91985563
>tfw your favorite avenger dies to appease Whedons bloodlust
>>
>>91982228
>Why does everyone hate this movie?
>Hydra goons are harder to defeat than Ultron Drones

I wonder
>>
>>91983801
>I knew it was going to be a lesser movie when they used a fight scene tracking shot in the first goddamn scene. It was the thing that people loved from the first movie put in without any weight.

I thought the point was pretty obvious. In the first film, that shot was there to show you that they're finally working together as a team.

The second movie opens with a similar shot, as a reference to this moment. It shows the audience that their strength as a team still remains. This is important to illustrate because this strength will be put to the test over the course of the film.
>>
>>91995618
>so fucking glad he's gone
Seriously. I'm glad the Russos are here to clean up his shit. If the MCU went the direction Whedon wanted it to the movies would be garbage by this point.
>>
>>91982228

>Quippy
>Bruce and Natasha romance was horribly written
>Thor barely in the fucking film
>Whedon's checklist includes killing a character every movie and it robbed us of Quicksilver

Hawkeye was much improved, though.
>>
File: i must go.webm (2MB, 720x312px) Image search: [Google]
i must go.webm
2MB, 720x312px
>>91989381
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
If Ultron was more like this would it have helped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbM
>>
>farm stuff is just chessy Disney nonsense
>widow hulk romance wtf
>Hawkeye not with Bobbi is just a sin and waste
>Hawkeye dad having and having a family is just character assassination
>Wanda is Willow from buffy "that's how it feels like" is a carbon copy of dark willow
>Thor hot tub time machine with slevig wtf.
>quicksilver dead
>quips,quips,quips
>camera work aging badly it looks like a TV movie now.
>>
File: 1096858537909.gif (1MB, 260x285px) Image search: [Google]
1096858537909.gif
1MB, 260x285px
>>91996762
Ok that was genuinely funny, thank you anon.
>>
Hawkeye being a father and having a family is so lame

Appeasing the man child dad market is as toxic as the sjw feminist
>>
>>91996762
Yes. But only if you retain the almost schizophrenic nature that comes from the disjointed dubbing.

Also I think I figured out why Ultron's facial expressions are so jarring, his jaw and "cheeks" move as single units separating and coming together while his upper lip and nasal area move like flesh and his eyes and forehead remain static.
>>
>>91996567
>moontheme.nsf
>>
File: fonz.jpg (27KB, 350x259px) Image search: [Google]
fonz.jpg
27KB, 350x259px
>>91996893
Ayyyy no prob.
>>
>>91987442
I do think Whedon fought them over Wanda's inclusion in the MCU, and that they were the ones who insisted on shoving future stuff into the movies (Iron Man 2 being the infamous example).
>>
>>91996884
Buffy from Willow was herself inspired by Wanda, though.
>>
HIDE THE ZUCCHINI
>>
>>91997824
"DID YOU HIDE HULK'S COCK IN NATASHA'S PUSSY?"

Did Whedon go too far?
>>
>>91982228
Ultron had a few good lines, imo
>>
Ultron should've had a static face, with the emotions conveyed through the voice and intensity of eyeglow.
>>
>>91995618
>> black widow/hulk romance NOBODY asked for
I liked it
>> quiptron
I liked it
>> married hawkeye with kids
that was a great part
>> cut loki/thor vision quest shit, which made it stupid when he came back suddenly
There is nothing unclear aboput it. that scene is perfectly integrated in the mùovie as it was
>> STILL doesn't get cap after russos laid easy template post-winter soldier
Cap was great.
>>
>>91998055
This. Also this might just be me but whenever I read any comics with Ultron I imagined him having a high pitched very robotic voice rather than sounding like a normal snarky dude with like an echo filter.
>>
>>91982228
> 1.4 billion box office

/co/ just hating of successful and popular stuff so that they seem like social snowflakes
>>
But I can't hate it. I never saw it.
>>
>>91998120
I just thought of him as a more robotic Microsoft Sam.
>>
>>91982228
This is the kind of movie that really makes me wish that the DCAU was better. I don't think the MCU has had an out and out bad movie just yet like, but some have definitely been bland and redundant. If Warner Bros had been able to provide some actual competition maybe Disney would feel the need to take some risks. And give some of these films the punch they need.
>>
>>91998120
I picture him sounding like a Hank Pym vocaloid
>>
>>91998186

>If it makes money it's good!

Sure thing, anon
>>
>>91998440
I mean, Civil War happened because of the competition. It's confirmed that the Russos wanted to do Civil War, Feige and the executives were not convinced and when BvS was announced they decided to do it after it. They said it was because they had to do something big toobif they wanted to keep being the top boss in the superhero landscape.

Now, whether this decision was a good thing or a bad thing is up to you.
>>
>>91998487
*big too if they wanted
>>
>>91998487
The quote in question.

>Well, it helps that we're working within a very popular genre. But I also think social media has altered viewing habits and tastes. The quality of tentpole movies has gotten very good and very competitive over the last couple years. Because of social media and the discussion that happens there, the audience has gotten a stronger collective sense of taste and you're dead at 6 p.m. on Friday if you didn't make a good movie. And they're starting to champion more radical storytelling.

>Deadpool's a great example of that. I mean, holy shit, $750 million worldwide? For our part, when we finishedWinter Soldiertwo years ago and we were thinking about doing the next one, the only thing that seemed interesting to us was to deconstruct the Marvel Universe — because where else can we go at this point? There have been 11 or 12 movies so far, all with a fairly traditional structure. Our pitch to them was: People will tell you they love chocolate ice cream — until you give it to them five days a week. It's time to give them some rainbow sherbet. Kevin [Feige] is a maverick and he's very sensitive to how people are responding to his content. He said he thought we might be right. And after they announcedBatman v. Superman, he said, 'you guys are absolutely right.' We needed to do something challenging with the material or we were going to start to lose the audience.

So yeah, at the time the competition was felt. Not sure about now though, but if not from DCEU, they probably feel it from Fox because of Deadpool and Logan.
>>
>>91998186

Disney fired Whedon and their movie committee because it didn't make near the amount of money they were expecting.
>>
AOU is roughly the same quality as Avengers (except it's competently shot like a movie, unlike Avengers looking like a tv movie) but it no longer had the novelty factor of being THE team up movie to carry it.

It was merely okay and nothing more. Which isn't enough for a movie meant to be an event.
>>
>>91982228
Hawkdad and Widow hulk whore was such a bad decision
>>
Hawkdad was actually really good but Widow/Hulk was an idea that shouldn't have made it past first draft

Thor probably could have been cut from the movie too
>>
>>91998991
this

the farm thing was so cringe and out of character
>>
ultron is lacking as an villain. civil war should be considered as avengers 2 instead
>>
>>91998460
> it didn't sell so it must have been good

Making money is literally the only things movies that hit theatres are made to do
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.