[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I did not like this ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nii71fP0th1tl5boeo1_1280.jpg (517KB, 640x842px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nii71fP0th1tl5boeo1_1280.jpg
517KB, 640x842px
Does anyone else think the ending did not have any romantic development?
>>
>>91967230
The ending was the romantic development. It was literally the first step in them starting a relationship.
>>
It wasn't a well-written ending, but I'm still glad they did it. Not doing it would have ended a boring series on a boring note.
>>
File: daSbGIs.jpg (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
daSbGIs.jpg
79KB, 1920x1080px
I especially love how the previews of that Korra comic would have us believe there was romantic development to some of the few Korra/Asami interactions in the show, like "Remember when you let me drive? I totally wanted to eat your pussy right then and there!"
>>
It's better than good, it's PROGRESSIVE!
>>
>>91970806
But Korrasami is boring as fuck. Atleast by not ending on it they could have done something worthwhile with the ending.
>>
>>91971241
You must not know a lot about romance
>>
>>91967230
It didn't. Shippers would claim certain scenes as development as far back as season 1, but where wrong according to everyone, including the creators. Now though Bryke is revising the show through comics, once again pandering to certain fans, so that it started in season 1.
>>
The ending was an asspull, are we really supposed to believe all this time they were fighting over Mako was it so they can suck the juice molecules of the other off his dick, its pretty far fetched if you ask me.
>>
>>91967230
I just know you're baiting people to shit on Korra so you can go complain about /co/ faggots on /u/ and circlejerk in Avater general. Alas

Look, every romance in LoK was handled poorly. Honestly, it was a mediocre show overall. Not like the lesbian ending made any difference. I dropped the show after season 1 because I was so disappointed. Came back for season 3 and parts of season 4 but I couldn't handle it. It felt hollow, characters acted because the plot demanded them to not because they had goals on their own. Their interactions were superficial and lacked any depth. The story felt forced and pointless, there was no excitement. I felt amused at the Korrasami ending, it showed that they had some good intention but weren't able to properly execute them.

It's always one side saying that Bryke used Korrasami to shield themselves from critisism and other side saying people were mad becuase they couldn't self-insert in relationship with Korra, or are mysoginists.

Both claims are equally absurd.
>>
>>91967230
I'm only in it for the Kyhu art, bless her girlboner
>>
>>91967230
I can believe them starting a romantic relationship at the end, there's enough to justify it, but if you aren't going to properly explore it then what's the point? It felt half-assed.
>>
>>91973860
Her art is shit as fuck. She doesn't know how anatomy works whatsoever, she draws some ugly lumps where muscles are supposed to be. It's always the same 3/4, cropped at the waist portraits. Also sameface. ZERO sex appeal.

She never improved in those 4 years, like what the fuck.
>>
>>91973860
Too bad it's kinda dead now, or it would be if she drew some things that aren't korrasami.
>>
File: 1493477381399.jpg (310KB, 1280x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1493477381399.jpg
310KB, 1280x1432px
Once again /a/ does it better.
>>
>>91973971
Can't really argue with that. If anime does one thing right it's properly showing affection and developing feelings through body language, well-timed camera close-ups, unambiguous signs and the like. You can see how the character feels, because they go an extra mile to show it. It's the emphasis on emotion that I appreciate in anime.
>>
>>91967230
It's out of nowhere.

All they share is being dumped by Mako and like 2 or 3 moments of being something above level of acquaintances

A lot of people point out that they were pen pals for half a year, but, like, fucking so, I am pen pals with lots of foreign people, doesn't mean I'll be sucking their cocks or whatever they have..
>>
>>91967230
Could not give less of a shit about the 4th season, this was probably the only good thing about it.
>>
>>91974187
>That
>A thing in 4th season
Them entering the portal together is literally all you get.
>>
>>91973971
Which animes are they? I like the art
>>
it was an asspull to appease the fanbase

anyone that thinks otherwise is delusional
>>
>>91967230
It's called we're poor writers so we created a deflection from criticism in the name of diversity and progressiveness. Had Aaron Ehasz been overseeing them like AtLA I believe Korra would have been a great show and could have actually had well crafted homosexual relationships.

But we got this instead.
>>
File: 1332800007265.jpg (38KB, 1280x724px) Image search: [Google]
1332800007265.jpg
38KB, 1280x724px
>>91967230
I just thinkt he ship itself is boring. Neither character bounces off each other very well and we're just kind of told/shown they are now super-good friends regardless of how uninteresting they are together. Aside from the driving scene in Book 3, banter is almost non-existent between them.

Honestly, Korra's at her best when none of the Krew is present. That's a major failure on Bryke's part; Korrasami being shit is just a symptom.
>>
>>91967230
Did anyone else drop the show sometime between season 2 and 3? It was boring me to tears and a disappointment compared to ATLA, i couldn't even get to Book Four
>>
>>91967230
Yes, but at least it fucking ended.
>>
>>91967230
The only hints of them having any sort of relationship happened in book 4 earlier. Asami being the only one Korra wrote letters to, and her complimenting Korra's haircut. Still a shitty out of nowhere ending, plus somehow I doubt a 1920s parallel of an Asian cultures will be accepting of Kung fu Jesus being in a lesbian relationship.
>>
>>91975789
>Honestly, Korra's at her best when none of the Krew is present. That's a major failure on Bryke's part; Korrasami being shit is just a symptom.
I agree, Korra always did best when she was with other characters, especially the older ones like Tenzin and Lin.
>>
to me the show was a shit relly i stop give a shit after season 2 and they turne the show into shitty triangle love and over power character and pure writing, i really hate
>>
I gave up on S4 the moment the giant laser cannon was strapped on the arm of a giant shitty cgi mech.
>>
>>91967230
Welcome to three years ago.
>>
>>91973860
>>91973911
>>91973915
>>91973943
The critical about KYHU It is more interesting than the theme of this threat.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.