[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

File: 56246c1ebcbd8fe55f1ad56b9c01617a.jpg (252KB, 900x1268px) Image search: [Google]
56246c1ebcbd8fe55f1ad56b9c01617a.jpg
252KB, 900x1268px
What went wrong?
>>
>>91964628
Editorially mandated poochie.

He was cancer from day 0.
>>
>>91964628
It's like Wally, but in reverse.
>>
>>91964628
I remember reading something, a year or two ago that Geoff Johns hates him as a character
>>
Dr.Manhattan didn't like his White lantern power so he erased it
>>
>>91964628
Hal Jordan came back and regulated John, Guy and Kyle to be his sidekicks.
>>
>>91964736
Bullshit you did.
>>
just like Tim,they dont know what to do with him once Hal came back.

at least we got omega men out of it.
>>
>>91964796

We need White Lantern Sinestro back. Fuck Kyle, seriously.
>>
>>91964796
that's the second best thing after Omega Men to happen to him in years
>>
>>91965082
Sinestro is dead so it could happen
>>
>>91965082
We need to forget about the white lantern.
>>
>>91964796
I fail to see how this is villainous, he did Kyle a favor considering all he was allowed to do as a white Lantern was fly around places looking special then jobbing horribly when a big bad showed up to make Hal look better.
>>
>>91964650
This.

They made fucking Alan Scott change his name.
>>
>>91965308
We need to forget about ALL the non-Green lanterns. With the occasional appearance of Atrocitus and Dex-Starr, Sinestro, and Laarfleeze. The Corps all need to be wiped.
>>
>>91965421
>forgetting about Saint walker
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>91965341
its not but still dr.m works in mysterious ways
>>
>>91965568
All right fine.
How about we cull the Corps and leave just one person from each?
>>
File: smugnestro.jpg (71KB, 406x434px) Image search: [Google]
smugnestro.jpg
71KB, 406x434px
>>91965308
There shouldn't be a white lantern in general, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Sinestro

I want to see his smugmeter reach maximum capacity
>>
>>91964628
Geoff johns is a massive faggot who felt the need to bring his husbandos (Hal and Barry) back.
>>
>>91964628
It was 'all new all different' for the 90s.

Still love him though desu.
>>
What if we cull the Justice League and have the founders become leaders of each corp, which faction would they belong too?
>>
>>91965756
His husbanos are Sinestro and Wally though.
>>
>>91965756
Geoff did the right thing

plus he brought us the greatest husbando of all, Sinestro
>>
>>91965771
First of all you need to say which fucking version of the Justice League you're talking about.
>>
>>91964796
The only white lantern should be swamp thing.
>>
>>91965756
He expanded the Cosmic side of DC and Lantern History. Kylefags stay mad
>>
>>91965834
anon said founders
>>
>>91965883
Which continuity m8, new 52?
>>
>>91965941
New 52 League Worst league. Where is my nigga Manhunter at.
>>
>>91965661
Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater, the emotional spectrum and the other lanterns just need some tweaking.
>>
>>91965941
he probably meant Best JL Continuity where the founders were Arthur, J'onn, Dinah, Barry and Hal
>>
>>91965756
Give me one good reason why Hal and Barry should stayed dead.
>>
>>91966062
Because Muh Kyle and Wally.
>>
>>91966018
No. The spectrum was the worst thing to happen to Green Lantern mythology. It's been almost the entire basis of everything GL for over a decade now.
>>
>>91966111
It's called world-building fag.
>>
>>91966111
The emotional spectrum IS the GL mythos. It's dumb and simple but it works for a symbol heavy universe like DC.
>>
>>91966336
>>91966175
We did perfectly fine for fifty years without the Rainbow Brigade.
>>
>>91965808
>Wally
What? Are you drunk?
>>
>>91964667
Wally without the years of character development and history to lend credence to his taking up the role.
>>
>>91965877
>Cosmic side of DC and Lantern History
No he shat on it.

>>91966111
>>91966436
This guy has it right. The cosmic side of DC and lantern history have been bended into knots to all revolve around lanterns and lantern related materials.
>>
>>91965378
Alan Scott changed his name before Kyle Rayner existed.
>>
>>91966497
If you read DC Universe Rebirth and didn't come to the conclusion that Johns loves Wally then you're an idiot.

What happened to Wally is not what Johns had planned. People above him put the kibosh on Wally.
>>
>>91966631
>the ancient intergalactic police force founded by the GUARDIANS OF THE UNIVERSE is central to the cosmic side of DC.
Jeez, who would've guess.
>>
>>91966631
If there was no other spectrum/other corps then who would the corps face ? Qwardians? If you read silver age corps stuff it was pretty bland since they lack a common enemy, they usually just fought Krona/Rogue Guardians. Denying that Johns was able to expand the universe just because you're a Kylefag is pathetic.
>>
>>91966436
>We did perfectly fine for fifty years without the Rainbow Brigade.
Did you really tho?
>>
>>91966336

This. Hell, the War of the Lanterns/Emotional Spectrum was mentioned even back during the 80's, and in some side stories about Abin Sur leading up to his death/Hal's origin.
>>
>>91966497
He was published multiple times in the letters column, fought against taking the book from Wally/giving it to Bart in the first place, and has brought Wally back twice now.

People at DC do hate Wally but he's not one of them.
>>
>>91966497
He said he loves Wally than Barry.
>>
>>91966062
Barry should have stayed dead, but Hal has actually been a worthwhile character since coming back.

Also, when they brought Hal back. They still allowed space for the other Earth lanterns.

When they brought Barry back, they couldn't do it without taking a shit on Wally.
>>
>>91968616
Johns really did try, but DC didn't even publish his Wally stuff.
>>
The problem with pet characters is that writers make them to identify with, so they never take any chances with the writing and risk turning their guy into an asshole.
Ironically, this only makes the character even more lame than a character who's been deliberately made into an asshole.
Guy is a great character, and one of the most memorable 'Lanterns DC ever had.
And that's what happens when you take a chance and allow a character to be an asshole.
Kyle was destined for blandness from the start because of that.
>>
>>91967868
No. Whenever he's asked who his favorite character is he says "The Flash" and when asked which one he just repeats "The Flash."
>>
>>91964628
Moody artist boy filling the shoes of a badass fighter pilot. You tell me how that could go wrong.
>>
Geoff Johns is a faggot and a silver age fangirl, so he brought that mass murderer back. Because, you know, Hal Jordan is so interesting and full to the brim with personality and charm, they just had to retcon his murderous rampage, even though he already had his redemption arc as the spectre.

What an avalanche of shit. And to whoever pretends to enjoy the care bears in space: Fuck you.
>>
>>91964628
Bueno
>>
The only mistake they made with Kyle was not giving Marz an ongoing after Sinestro Corps War. He had written the Ion miniseries. One shots for SCW. The relationship was/is still good with DC. JUST FUCKING LET HIM DO IT. I like having all the Earth Lanterns alive and active. I like their conflicting personalities and camaraderie. I like getting something Lantern every week. Yeah the Spectrum is overused. But it's a fantastic concept that adds a lot to the GL mythos. Sure it could for damn sure afford to take a few arcs break (with good writers doing something else unlike right after Johns left and we got mediocrity.) But the comics are better with it existing than without it.
>>
>>91970796
>so he brought that mass murderer
An editorially mandated retcon used to push Kyle the poochie. No shame in retconning a retcon.
>>
>>91964628
Kylefags are literal cancer.
>>
the wrong Johns kid died
>>
>>91970796
>Because, you know, Hal Jordan is so interesting and full to the brim with personality and charm
Well I'm glad we agree on something
>>
>>91972999
You wasted those trips on a wrong opinion.
>>
>>91966062
their dull as shit that's why
>>
DC wanted to tell a tragic story with Hal. It worked at the time with the amount of shit he had been through.
Kyle then did one of two things: have bombastic adventures and achievements or suffer horribly.

Since Hal came back he's been the focal point of stories and Kyle is just there.
I was happy with his White Lantern stint because it gave him something else to be and do while Hal was ring slinging as THE GL.

Now he's just "there".
Kyle should be a WL so he can interact with all of the corps as an ambassador like figure and when the shit hits the fan bring down the thunder.

>>You can contain a sun going supernova?
>>keep it dowb, This shit is not easy! Would you go throw a boxing glove at Sinestro already!
>>
File: cartman.png (94KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
cartman.png
94KB, 300x275px
yeah fuck Kyle, seriously
>>
File: hatersgonnahate-sinestro.jpg (238KB, 495x887px) Image search: [Google]
hatersgonnahate-sinestro.jpg
238KB, 495x887px
>>91965082
>>
>>91964628
He was and is a largely directionless character. He has no recurring arch enemy and no supporting cast worth talking about. His most interesting stories were Parallax/Hal stories.
>>
>>91965421
>Laarfleeze
we need more of him in an serious book
>>
>>91975646
>when the shit hits the fan bring down the thunder.
That's why WL Kyle was shit, he didn't do anything a GL couldn't do except show up in crossovers so everybody could suck his dick
>>
Johns being a fanboy
>>
>>91964628

He was devised as just a lame Peter Parker clone, and while that was the way to do things in the 90s he's been pointless for years even before Hal came back.
>>
File: glconstrcts.jpg (98KB, 462x680px) Image search: [Google]
glconstrcts.jpg
98KB, 462x680px
Maybe its just cause he was the GL I grew up with...but I like Kyle. He actually does creative things with his ring constructs. Its become almost a cliche how each lantern has a preferred construct like Hal and his boxing gloves/jets or John and his army gear.
Guy breaks that mold too. And he at least has a personality that extends beyond 'moody artist with girl troubles' that has come to define Kyle
>>
>>91975866
>Larfleeze
>serious

meh
>>
>>91978410
I feel like he's not unlikable, but there's just not really much to him. He has no real thematic resonance that makes him unique.
>>
>>91978459
Sadly all of the human lanterns suffer from a flat personality.
Hal was fun when he wasnt in a position of leadership in the corps. His attitude about doing what HE thinks is necessary is only interesting when he does not have the rank to get away with it every time.
Guy is the douchebag with a heart of gold. He's the high school jock who always insults everyone, then one day he shows up to school with a black eye and an arm in a sling and you find out he got in a fight defending a freshman from a gang.
John is the stereotypical army guy who still has regrets about things he did in the field for them, but struggles and rises above those regrets and doubts.

And Kyle is the moody artist with girl troubles and self esteem issues.
>>
>>91978560
I feel like flat personality is ok if it's very distinct, but Kyle's troubles don't provide a good gimmick. Even the other newbies like Simon and Jessica have a good thing attached that in the long run writers will be able to go back to.

It was kind of out of nowhere but going all-in with the religious thing from Omega Men wouldn't be a terrible idea.
>>
>>91978560
Alan is great.
I prefer Alan first, then Guy.
>>
File: kyle-jimlee.jpg (58KB, 400x749px) Image search: [Google]
kyle-jimlee.jpg
58KB, 400x749px
I liked Kyle up until this outfit happened. Things just started going to shit from there.
>>
>>91978560
>Sadly all of the human lanterns suffer from a flat personality.
That's only true under bad writers

They've all got a lot of (mostly untapped) complexity except John, MUHRINES ruined him
>>
>>91979817
And Johns is not a very good writer when it comes to character development.
>>
File: tumblr_nee5bmlYl31s3ku9xo1_400.png (247KB, 257x447px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nee5bmlYl31s3ku9xo1_400.png
247KB, 257x447px
>>
File: 1462569497233.png (20KB, 412x378px) Image search: [Google]
1462569497233.png
20KB, 412x378px
>>91965421
What we need is a seperation between the GLverse and the rest of DC. It fucking sucks how half+ of the stories that have space in its entirety to its disposal happen on in around with Earth(America). We have literally every other book and hero for Earth(America).
Secound thing is that they should take a step back from once crisis right into the next. Relax with the reality threatening events that happen faster then some character developments. Let them do space cop stuff in space againIn space, not Earth(america)
>>
>>91964796
White lanterns should never have been created
>>
>>91982278

hes half beaner though
>>
>>91986262
Beaners are white
>>
>>91986262
He didn't know that at the time, he met his Mexican dad later
>>
File: thcipguygardner.jpg (83KB, 580x343px) Image search: [Google]
thcipguygardner.jpg
83KB, 580x343px
Guy > Hal = Alan > Jessica = Simon > John > POWER GAP > Kyle
>>
lol, every other website hate Guy and love Kyle but here it's opposite land.
>>
>>91988365
People who hate Guy aren't worth listening to
>>
File: Parallax_Kyle_Rayner_02.jpg (126KB, 768x796px) Image search: [Google]
Parallax_Kyle_Rayner_02.jpg
126KB, 768x796px
>>91964628
They didn't make Kyle Parallax stick.

"I always take what you do and make it better, Hal."

I had been thinking Kyle could've really had some development if they took too long to separate him from Parallax and he'd racked up enough of a body count to force him to carry the same burden Hal does

I mean, let's face it, Kyle is only interesting when terrible things are happening to him.
>>
this fucker ruined every girl he dated
especially jade
he deserved what she did to him
>>
>>91964628
His refrigerator warranty expired.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.