[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soooooo .... What about this was supposed to be unfilmable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Watchmen_comic_Critica.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen_comic_Critica.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Soooooo ....
What about this was supposed to be unfilmable
>>
Probably the fact that every detail was in part crucial to the overall narrative and meaning, because Moore and Gibbons were obsessed with details. Terry Gilliam was smart enough to see this and jump ship.

All the things that Snyder left out change the story. Instead of a story about the supermen, we got a superhero story with sex and violence
>>
Squids
>>
>>91961227
This. Watchmen is a book that takes advantage of the medium to add layers to the story that are not possible in a filmed version, just as there are things you can do in a film that you can't replicate on paper.
>>
Do you know anything about comics? It's pretty obvious really. The story is straightforward and not hard to adapt. But the actual structure is impossible. It just little things like layouts and such. You can't do it on film because the audience only sees one thing at a time. Transitions are completely different. No page turns, no gutters.
>>
>>91962012
this had to have been satire

the writers and artist had to have seen how absolutely corny this was

Dont they want to make profit ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oltd-Jsi2I
There you go.
>>
>>91962307
What is this from?
>>
>>91962670
You can't really adapt something to film faithfully, you have to be content with adapting its spirit rather than the work itself.
>>
>>91960891
Would have been easier to do as an animated film
>>
>>91964308
They are making an animated film.
>>
File: 640.jpg (36KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
36KB, 640x420px
Is it general consensus that this is the best superhero comic ever, rivaled maybe by TDKR and All-Star Superman?
>>
>>91961568
>>91961691
>>91961824
>>91961927
>>91962012
>the brick wall in the background
I see you're a Sargon subscriber.
>>
>>91964994
>best

In terms of the pure technical craft poured into it by all parties? Most likely, although Moore may have put even more work into From Hell. Not many comics get their own companions, those are two of them

If you just want a favorite then honestly I prefer Moore's work in Swamp Thing or Miracleman
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.