[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all http://www.strawpoll.me/12861100

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Rick and Morty.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rick and Morty.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
Let's settle this once and for all

http://www.strawpoll.me/12861100
>>
I dunno if it panders to reddit so much instead of reddit just bending over backwards to like it so much.

I'm sure they'll be able to find some bullshit meaning in pickle rick that makes it actually really clever if you think about it
>>
I don't actually go to reddit, but I assume it's just the same thing as here so pandering to reddit = pandering to /co/ to me. It's still a funny show though.
>>
>>91957375
It's better then the usual shit.
Name a recent, ongoing, weekly, entertaining series that's still on air.
>>
>Show is actually pretty clever.

Is there some type of punchlines I'm missing? All the jokes are the same.

>Something bad happens.
>Rick tells Morty to do dangerous thing
>Morty doesn't want to.
>They yell
>Morty does it
>Turns out Rick didn't mean it.
>Rick rants about Nihilism.
>>
the show's definitely not terrible, but it's not really my thing.

Wish there was an "indifferent" option
>>
>>91957463
this.

It's a good show, but reddit makes it out to be this genre-changing mind-bending philosophy statement that it really isn't.

It's no Futurama, but it's still a good show.
>>
It's a good show
https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/43uxdq/one_of_the_best_rick_and_morty_philosophy_and/
but this shit is fucking stupid
>>
>>91958408
Yes.
>>
>>91958190
>Rick rants about Nihilism.

He's only really started doing that in Season 2. Season 1 rick is actually pretty funny, and a way better character imo.
>>
>The show is actually pretty clever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
>>
>no I liked it but slowly began to lose interest in it option
>>
>>91958566
Doesn't make the season 1 jokes any less shitty. The vast majority of the jokes come from Rick and Morty talking over each other about something absurd that happened with no punch line. It's dangling your keys in front of a baby.
>>
Rick and Morty is bad because
1. it's popular
2. it's liked by people I don't like
>>
>>91958620
>The vast majority
uh, no

The vast majority of the shows humor is either stupid corny shit that has to do with aliens or over indulgent comic violence. Yeah it's immature, but it's still funny.
>>
>>91958820
You say that like they're mutually exclusive. After every violent moment, you get the drawn out moment of Morty stuttering on and on about it in a desperate attempt to have some sort of punchline. And even then, when you take out the stuttering jokes, you're left with toilet humor. Really shitty toilet humor too, the kinds you'd hear from any middle schooler.
>>
>>91959111
Nope

The stammering is a product of the writers trying to force dialouge out of rick and morty, and even though they have some okay jokes a lot of it is pretty bland, obnoxious shit. It's why S2 is way weaker.

The show's best asset is it's bullshit insanity, when it's just an excuse to showcase dumb goofy shit it's actually pretty entertaining. In a childish way maybe, but it's fun. There are actually pretty nifty ideas in the show, and they're held together by decent gags and weird ugly animation that's just ugly enough to look interesting. But since reddit likes pretending the show is deep, they're gonna keep forcing the characters to say moronic shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.