[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled Can we agree that Lasagna Cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: lasagna-cat.jpg (79KB, 647x454px) Image search: [Google]
lasagna-cat.jpg
79KB, 647x454px
Now that the dust has settled

Can we agree that Lasagna Cat was never funny and its hype was a product of a stealth viral marketing campaign ?
>>
t. Jim Davis
>>
>>91946955
You just can't enjoy anything for what it is, can you?
>>
>>91946955
>DUDE NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED CAN WE AGREE WITH CONTRARIANISM LMAO
>>
>>91946955
Didn't its creator state that he made Garfield to be as marketable as possible? It worked and now he's very rich.

Then again, I legitmately enjoyed late 80's-early 90's Garfield, that was the golden age of the strip,
>>
>>91946955
Viral marketing campaign for what?

Lasagnacat was great, the high production values, creativity and effort put in to the project all for the sake of a silly meme is something deserving of respect.
>>
>and its hype was a product of a stealth viral marketing campaign
for WHAT
>>
>>91947036
>>91947023
He'll respond with something that will amount to
>M-muh viral conspiracy theories
>>
>>91946955
I think what you're actually seeing isn't a "viral marketing campaign", it's the fact that they produced it with the intent of being "a meme"/"memey". Because it was "made to be a meme", even though some people enjoyed it, and it was well-made, it felt forced. Because it was.

It was ok.
>>
my IRL buddies showed this to me claiming to have been fans from way back
>>
>>91947094
ok?
>>
>>91947132
I didn't get viral marketed
I just got regular viraled
>>
>>91946955
The new stuff was interesting just in the sheer amount of effort put into it, but the joke doesn't hold over time. The original premise holds though.
>>
>>91947217
I think the craft and the variety is the best part. In some cases some jokes get a little dragged out.
>>
>>91947000
>>91947013
I will give OP this: the pipe strip posting was getting really annoying.
>>
>>91947165
Ambush marketing is when you pay people to go talk about pancakes. And then continue to do so for days or months. It hopefully turns viral, but is unlikely

Viral is when a product is designed in a way that it appeals to people so it spreads without you putting to much effort.

Lasagna Cat was mostly Ambush. Roiland and Harmon were helping with it and it was shilled mostly on /v/ and /tv/ which then helped it get popular on other places. It was 100% ambush marketing.

t. Someone who does work for a few digital marketing companies
>>
>>91947065
>>91947217
>>91947876

This
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.