[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT shows that havn't aged well.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: animaniacs.png (345KB, 719x480px) Image search: [Google]
animaniacs.png
345KB, 719x480px
>>
File: joker_btas_by_popnfrshtv-d7otvu0.png (241KB, 606x1318px) Image search: [Google]
joker_btas_by_popnfrshtv-d7otvu0.png
241KB, 606x1318px
Look at his costume! Even when the show was new, the 1950's had been over for half a century! And the whole setting, Black and White TV's while having computers? It's like nobody knew when exactly the show took place.

It's for this reason and more that The Batman beats BTAS so soundly!
>>
Animaniacs wasn't good at the time.
>>
>>91945565
Why ? Yeah alot of jokes are old as shit and hard to get if you aren't american/if you are 18 or less.
I'm still laughing my ass off watching those bastards tho.
>>
>>91945565
>>91945667
Edgy!
>>
>>91945565
What are you talking about? My nieces and nephews ages 7-13 love this.
I still enjoy it.
>>
>>91945646
>nobody knew when exactly the show took place

That actually did mess with me. The setting looked very 40's. But then there were tv's, computers, and lots of technology like cell phones.

They completely dropped that 40's thing later on
>>
>>91945698

I do like the idea of a mixed technological setting, retro-futurism is especially interesting.

However, I also like the idea of super hero stories taking place in the past. Like, do we really need super-hero stories that take place in the 'now' or the near future?

Can't we have a 1930s superman for once? A 1920s batman?

A legit WW2 captain America story that doesn't involve time-travel or freezing for the future?
>>
>>91945689
Happy to see I'm not the only one with a niece who loves this show.
>>
File: Bugs Bunny Mammy.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs Bunny Mammy.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Look at this picture and tell me who Bugs Bunny is supposed to be? Sure Al Jolsen was hot stuff in the 1930's but does anyone under the age of 100 even know who he is?

And this isn't the only time Bugs Bunny mentions old stuff from before your parents were even born! Bug Bunny is older then your parents! Think about that! Who knows who Bugsy Malone is, or Johney Weislhummer and why is he in a leotard and screaming?

At least the new cartoon Wabbit didn't make the same mistakes, now there is some timeless animation!
>>
File: Benjamin Disraeli.jpg (47KB, 459x342px) Image search: [Google]
Benjamin Disraeli.jpg
47KB, 459x342px
>>91945565
Some of it still works, but watching it recently, you realise just how much Animaniacs relied on references to early 90s pop-culture for its comedy.
>>
>>91945885
who the fuck cares if you don't get ONE SINGLE joke
>>
A lot of Klasky Csupo shows
>>
>>91945885
>Look at this picture and tell me who Bugs Bunny is supposed to be?

Can't you tell? It literally me
>>
File: superman character sheet.jpg (231KB, 1280x897px) Image search: [Google]
superman character sheet.jpg
231KB, 1280x897px
>>91945841
Superman did start out as another purposely anachronistic setting, but they changed their minds and went full modern.
>>
File: Simpsons_FamilyPicture.png (88KB, 268x315px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons_FamilyPicture.png
88KB, 268x315px
>>91945565
>>
File: BabsBunny.jpg (20KB, 200x400px) Image search: [Google]
BabsBunny.jpg
20KB, 200x400px
>Hahaha she do the funny impression reference

When Tiny Toons DOESNT go for the pop culture gags, it can be great.
>>
>>91945688
animaniacs was the family guy of its era.

go back and watch it. it's mean spirited as fuck and full of dated pop culture garbage. it's a poor man's looney tunes. this and tiny toons with those stupid music videos were cringeworthy as hell.
>>
>>91946100
>everybody got a tan
>>
>>91946246
It's not just their skin. The whole color palette got darker and higher contrast
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.