[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on Monster House ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: - monster house.jpg (148KB, 874x1300px) Image search: [Google]
- monster house.jpg
148KB, 874x1300px
>>
It's the perfect movie to let the TV on for white noise during halloween.
>>
A surprisingly great horror movie in the same vein as stuff like the monster squad and the gate.

The cgi is pretty dated but I think it adds to the overall vibe of the movie. I also like how grounded the characters are and how the crazy old man archetype gets a decent humanizing spin to him.

The monster house design is fucking based.

I haven't seen it in years but I always felt very positive towards it.

Aside from paranorman I can't think of any other explicitly horror movie kid animated movies are out there, which is a shame. Kids should have more of a selection of horror stuff besides shitty found footage movies.
>>
>>91942253
Original concept was much cooler
>house interiors were originally supposed to be made of flesh
>>
Ahead of its time. The antagonist literally died because of fat shaming. If it weren't for unrealistic beauty standard all those kids wouldn't have died.
>>
>>91942357
Mmmmph,i prefer the final version then,the original concept sound too much like Silent Hill (it would have been too much for a children movie)
>>
>>91942357
Edgy
>>
>>91942939
That doesn't sound edgy at all. Is "edgy" the new "cringey", destined to be overused to the point of replacing it's actual definition?

>>91942253
Schrab and Harmon probably made it into a better movie than what it would've been with just Gil Kenan.
>>
>>91943028
>Is "edgy" the new "cringey",
Holy shit how new are you?
>>
I loved watching this movie when I was younger. I even watch it when it shows on CN in October.
It had a really good plot, and really was a good horror movie for kids.
>>
I want to fuck the house
>>
Love this movie. Put it on every Halloween alongside Nightmare Before Christmas ad Song of the Sea. It did kinda bother me near the end how there was nobody aroudn hwen the hosue started chasing the kids through the neighborhood to the construction site, and that nobody died .

Apparently the PS2 game that was a knock off on Resident Evil was apparently really good, too.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.