[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

since I don't know what board to post this on, this'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

since I don't know what board to post this on, this'll go here

I want to start a comic but I'd rather do digital than print. What I want is a drawing tablet but I don't know which to buy. I'm leaning towards a Wacom Intous Comic tablet but I'm not sure if it would be good because of the small size. What's /co/'s opinion on what I should buy?

My screen is 15" and my budget is below $300 so you guys can help.

Also share your work on digital comics
>>
>>91941969

Try asking here:
>>91932129
>>
bigger is better because you can do long strokes. Wacom tablets can get really expensive really fast. their 100 dollar tablets are fine. Just remember that skill is more important than what tablet you have, though a well made tablet can help you do alittle more.
>>
>>91942077
should I post my deviantART then?

>>91942072
That's for ongoing webcomic ideas and such, mostly to help with stuff like panel layout, writing, art problems but not to suggest stuff like what I'm asking about
>>
Huion WH1409 or Wacom Medium

Can't use shoulder or elbow on smaller tablets which leads to shittier style.
>>
>>91942118
Yeah, but they know all about drawing comics digitally.

You could also try asking Batman:
>>91940735
>>
>>91942250
alright I think ill hit up both threads but i'd still like to receive others opinions on this thread
>>
>>91942179
so it would cramp up my hand?
>>
Spent 1K on a Wacom Cintiq 13HD. Best invested I ever made. Just could do an intuos when I had to not look where my hand was stroking so coordination was so hard. I can do work so much faster now.

But I only recommend it to people who are serious about digital art and will use it for at least freelancing.
>>
>>91941969
can't you just make a thread on /ic/? or are just just scared of posting there?
>>
>>91941969
Unfortunately Wacom has a big problem with its drivers, but they're still the best.
>>
>>91941969
Better question to ask yourself is:
1. Can I draw things confidently enough to use it and post my drawings?
2. Will I be using this oftenly that the price is worth it?
I bought one a couple of years back, I barely use it since I play games all the time. My drawings aren't up to snuff that I could say that it's good. For now, I practice with pencil and paper, they aren't all that different, 'cept the tablet makes a lot of things much more convenient.
>>
>>91943294
Man, I'd love to afford one (and a new computer, but that's besides the point).

I always felt an Inturos (my current tablet, btw) was rather unwieldy to use when it came to digital art. Sure skill is a major factor when it comes to good art, but when it comes to digital, I don't think it hurts to have decent equipment as well.
>>
There's a medium-sized Wacom One model which has a reasonable price point.
>>
>>91941969
If you don't mind giving money to our chinese overlords you could try the Huion brand of tablets, they're a lot cheaper and generally last around the same amount of time. I got a 19" tablet monitor for about $500 but you could get a standard one for WAYY cheaper.
>>
File: XqJjGjx.jpg (20KB, 600x687px) Image search: [Google]
XqJjGjx.jpg
20KB, 600x687px
Hey guys need a drawfag
Requesting ben affleck as a sad panda
>>
>>91941969
I bought this same one about a year ago and I barely use it, I found it's way to small for drawing on - I've used it for digitally inking and it's fine, but in terms of actually putting down shapes it's a bit awkward.
>>
>>91943294
Same here. My cintiq increased my output astronomically.
>>
>>91941969
try samsung galaxy note instead if you're gonna be spending 300 bucks, you might as well be able to draw on a screen.
and not tab but note, they're outdated but do the trick
>>
>>91948506
forgot to mention to get 8/10.1/12.2 instead of 1-7 which are phone models, plus drawing with a rubber tip on a plastic screen gets some getting used to
>>
CBZ
>>
I was kinda wondering the same thing but with the slightly more expensive manga version, it is $10 more than the comic one. Does anyone know the benefits it holds over others and if it is worth it? I want it so I can begin inking and drawing over using a mouse, because a mouse can emulate my hand strokes properly like a stylus can.
>>
>>91941969
Base it on your budget.
If you can get a base level Wacom tablet go for it - should be $80-$90 range for a small one.
Try that and see if it's your thing. If you tend to work painterly and want a bigger size it will cost more.
Ask yourself what you want: you want a tablet to plug and play and travel with? Bigger size to keep at your desk as you main work tool?
Maybe a Cintiq that you can use as a second screen which you can draw on? Or a mobile machine that is all-in-one like a Mobilestudio Pro?
>>
>>91941969
Medium Intuos or Huion h610 pro

Krita
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.