[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for /co/mrades who are 20: do you guys associate more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20-13.png (29KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
20-13.png
29KB, 640x470px
Question for /co/mrades who are 20: do you guys associate more with the plentiful 2000-2006 era of cartoons (Samurai jack, Teen titans, Dave the barbarian, courage), or the shitty "Out of Jimmy's Head/Johnny Test" era of 2006-2009?

Like, if someone were to ask you "what were your favorite childhood cartoons", would more ones come from 2000-2006, or 2006-2009? Do you have sharp enough memories from when you were 5-9 to remember the "good era" of cartoons?
>>
>>91938342
I remember watching a lot of Dexter, Courage, Johnny Bravo, some Teen Titans, and whatever was on Boomerang. I have memories of watching Johnny Test but I was never really a fan. Don’t remember ever watching Out of Jimmy’s Head.

I’d definitely say my childhood cartoons were the pre-2006 ones, but I don’t remember if I watched them before 2006 or not. I of course must have, but I can’t definitively place my memories before that time period.
>>
2006-2009 was shit and it made me stop watching cartoons for couple of years.

Hell, i even remember some 90s cartoons.
>>
>>91938403
>Hell, i even remember some 90s cartoons.

Well, that's because they were still on in 2000-2006 due to cultural osmosis
>>
2000-2006

2006-2009 was the golden age of Youtube though
>>
Definitely the 00-06 shows, and even some from the late nineties because CN in my country always seemed to be a few years behind. Lots of Teen Titans, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Fairly Odd Parents and Cow and Chicken.

Johnny Test came around when I was starting to get tired of most cartoons, but I have a younger brother so I've seen it quite a few times anyway.
>>
>>91938342
Definitely 00s-06. Also a little from the late 90s due to reruns.

I was a little curious about the 06-09 period (like I kinda watched OoJH), but by that time I had moved to live action disney shows and YouTube.
>>
>>91938342
00-06 for sure. I loved watching stuff like Billy and Mandy, Fosters, and KND. 06-09 made me almost hate cartoons, but I there was nothing else for me, especially in the mornings before school when those stupid white blob people filled the commercials and bad Spongebob reruns were on Nick.

Even Chowder and Flapjack I strongly disliked but still watched regardless because there simply wasn't anything else on most of the time.
>>
Op here, If anyone's wondering why I included 2006 as part of both eras, it's because 2006 was really a transitional year that didn't fit neatly into either the early 2000s or the late 2000s.
>>
>>91938342
I associate more with the 2000-2006 era, though I didn't like any of the cartoons you mentioned (I've never been into action cartoons, or cartoons that take themselves too seriously) except for Courage (and Spongebob which you didn't mention).
I grew up mostly with late 90s cartoons since my family couldn't afford cable and in my country those cartoons were in syndication (still had some of the era you asked about though).
I do have very sharp memories about those years. I remember one summer when they had Ren and Stimpy during the afternoon, but my mom prohibited me from watching it.

When I had cable I stopped watching cartoons because I felt they were crap during the 2006-2009 era. I stuck with the old channels I watched before having it, as they also showed anime in the afternoons (HxH, FMA, Doraemon, etc.).

I still watch cartoons, mostly everything that's discussed on /co/, except for SU.
>>
27 here so i guess i still qualify.

Grew up with no cable so there was a system to what got watched. Cartoons aired 2-5 monday through friday and saturday morning was your new eps.

A lot of btas and superman. On the initial run of justice league i never really liked it wheni was a kid but enjoyed it later. Batman beyond and static shock were pretty good for what they were. We were a digimon and pokemon household. None of this arguing which was better shit. Medabots and ultimate muscle were fun. Flint the time detective was always cute to me and i don't think i can say i actually watched more than half of cardcaptor. The ripping friends was funny to me as well since i came from a household with lots of brothers. Recess and pepper ann are about the only abc ones i can remember being excited about.

Their were always shows i passed on but usually that just meant switching to the channel with the one i liked. The worst thing they could do was slot 2 shows i liked at the same time.
>>
File: 1491081655817.jpg (49KB, 525x610px) Image search: [Google]
1491081655817.jpg
49KB, 525x610px
20 y/o 2nd world slav here
TL;DR - I associate more with 00-06 era on cartoon network cuz thats all I had but later ones are also fine because I love cartoons sooo much

When I was a kid the many hours of time I spend today on my pc,which is allot,was spent on watching CN and playing with toys.
CN was the only cartoon exclusive channel my shit country (Bulgaria) had for a long while,everything else was cheap generic slav cartoons I always hated.
It was full english,not being translated until 2012.Anyway EEnE was and still is my #1 with Samurai Jack an extreemly
close second.The channel was kind of different than the west.No anime,no Toonami,CN Real never Happened,allot of repeating episodes and shows.
I mentioned it was in english and I liked that allot because spending daily hours watching this channel eventually I learned the language from it,
associating and translating to myself words with actions happening on screen.The later 2006-2009 era wasn't bad at all,Chowder was great
,Camp Lazlo was great,Juniper Lee was great,My Gym Partner is a Monkey was great.But around that time,I think 2007 my country got a second cartoon channel
called JETIX,and it was the shit.I love Oban Star Racers to death and many others like A.T.O.M,Sonic,Galaktic Footbal and Totaly Spies.It was all great until
around 2011 where shit was going down.CN got a complete bulgarian dub,Jetix turned into Disney channel and also got dubbed,we finally got nikelodeon but that got a BG dub too eventually.
The dubs ruined the channels for me so at that point I stopped watching cartoons on TV and moved on the internet,which somehow lead me to /co/.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.