[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he agrees with Ozymandias rather than Rorschach I shiggy diggy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: watchmen1.jpg (89KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen1.jpg
89KB, 640x356px
>he agrees with Ozymandias rather than Rorschach
I shiggy diggy.
>>
File: 1482623427271.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482623427271.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>Not growing up and agreeing with Manhattan
>>
>>91935147
Ozy' could've thought of better methods for his goal.
>>
>>91935147
I agree with Niteowl; he is the final victor.
>>
>>91935147

You're not supposed to agree with either of them, you buttlick.
>>
>>91935147
They're both hypocrites.

Rorschach thought the Truman using the A-bomb in WWII was justified, but Ozy doing nearly the same thing was wrong

Ozy could have just as easily let it slip what he was planning to do, with no deaths involved, and everyone has a common enemy: Adrian Viedt.
>>
>>91935192
Which Manhattan? The one that exists for most of the story, or after learning about Laurie's dad and the significance of human existence
>>
>>91936578
>muh Truman fallacy

Truman didn't try to cover up the bombings by murdering anyone who knew too much, though.
>>
>>91935147
>Rorschach

Go to >>>/pol/ kiddo
>>
>>91936578
>Rorschach thought the Truman using the A-bomb in WWII was justified

WALTER KOVACS thought the Truman using the A-bomb in WWII was justified.
>>
>>91936578
>nationalism was good
>nationalism was the impetus behind the deadly cold war

lose lose situation there

>>91935147

by the way, rorschach simply said stick to principles. he never said specifically "we have to risk the world blowing up". when people bring up "right or wrong" in this context, you have to remember that it's only directly proportional to the author's plot device that a nuclear war was DEFINITELY going to happen.

this is like when Robert Heinlein absolutely depended on the bugs in Starship Troopers to be incapable of diplomatic reasoning so Heinlein could push a political treatise that oversimplified the dialogue. if you have reasonable leadership that wants to use words instead of violence, you'll get a realistic scenario, not one from a comic book
>>
If anyone thinks Ozzy's plan would have worked then they're retarded. It would have lasted a few days, till humans started to grow comfortable from no attacks. Then everyone would start bickering about who gets to control the weapons and who doesn't. Then we're back in the Cold War. Ozzy not only delayed the inevitable, but he killed some extra people in the process, and he likely put the Americans and Russians on edge enough they they might have just been unhinged enough to press the button.
>>
Ozy was a control freak with an Alexander the Great fetish and a god complex.
Rosh was a zealot looking for some sword to fall on.
Doc was scientifically formulated to be as dull as he is bright.
And Nite and Silk were just average blokes, not looking for anything more than a fleeting thrill, caught in something bigger than themselves.

They were all interesting people, but the the Comedian was the closest thing the piece had to a realist.
>>
>>91937399
Well when you put it like that, yes a nihilist is the closest thing to a realist. Don't get me wrong I like the comedian too, but let's not pretend that we're not just as fucked up for identifying with him.

All that aside, Why did the comedian have to die again? What threat did he pose to Ozy's plan?
>>
>>91938071
he didn't pose any threat
ozy is just a cunt
everything ozy did is because the comedian made fun of him and beat him up one time
>>
>>91938071
I forget whether he was afraid of his connections and loose lips or if he just had a grudge, but the fact that the killing which set off the entire chain that clued the others into his actions was an unnecessary one was not an overlooked irony.

In fact one might even make a case that Ozy did it just to set these cogs in motion. Out of a pathological desire to have someone to tell about what he did.
>>
>>91935515

Cuckowl? Nah son.
>>
>>91938228
>cuckowl
Do you mean he cucked Dr. Manhattan by fucking Laurie or are you implying Laurie cheated on him?
>>
>>91938071
He found out the plan
>IMMEDIATELY gets blackout drunk and in tears nearly confesses to his nemesis
Sure, he didn't have friends, but if he got drunk again there's no telling whos door hell knock on
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.