[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has it happened to you yet, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

File: abe.jpg (132KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
abe.jpg
132KB, 1252x1252px
Has it happened to you yet, /co/?
>>
No, I was never with it.
>>
>>91934388
Nope.

Still youngish. 22 isn't old, right?
>>
>>91934388
nope
>>
>>91934411
This.
But I've still managed to become even less with it in recent years.
>>
>>91934443
Four more years, anon.
>>
Yup. All I see is garbage that you people consume.

That said, I recognize that the stuff that I liked as a kid was also complete garbage.
>>
>>91934388
With Star Wars.
>>
File: 1461825738527.jpg (25KB, 500x412px)
1461825738527.jpg
25KB, 500x412px
>>91934388

Yes, but it went full circle and now im fine
>>
>>91934388
Yep, I just dont get kids. All this social media crap confuses me and it was around me when I was growing up.

Before Myspace was just fun but now people wanna post every minute of the life on social media.
>>
>>91934388
Yes. My niece calls me "old guy" and from the moment dabbing got popular I realized I would never have fun with normie internet garbage.

"Here comes dat boi!"
Fuck yoooouuuuu and your fake memes. *Shakes fist angrily at memes
>>
>>91934388
Not really, I'm still pretty cool. I work on the second biggest rock media in my country, I'm a singer on a tribute band to a Murrikan band a guitar player on a thrash band, I play rugby on the national league, and I own my own business since I'm 24, this year I'm buying some land to put some berries and shit, I'm happy, I will visit 4 new countries before the year ends and I still have time to shit post in 4chan.
>>
Somehow I manage to be "with it" even though I don't want to be. Damn kids thinking I'm cool.
>>
File: Hyde.png (242KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
Hyde.png
242KB, 500x376px
>>91934388
>>
>>91934388
Yes, but slowly. I suspect by the time I'm out of college I'll be completely out of touch.
>>
I realized how much shittier everyone else's taste is, yes.
>>
>>91934388
I've realized the simpsons isn't that great. if that's what you meant.
>>
>>91934895
out of touch with who? teen girls? who gives a shit? only marketers care about them because they're easy to sell to. someone needs to post that craig ferguson clip.
>>
>>91934463
What happens at 26?
>>
>>91935374
Thats when you've mentally lived out half your life. Things start to speed up more and more so you can't keep up with the kids anymore
>>
>>91934388
With cartoons, yes.
Gumball really fucking blew it the whole cartoon thing I had going.
>>
I was never cool, but I'm also not bitter about it yet. So no, I guess.
>>
>>91934388
Just don't base your life on media targeted to specific age groups or live in an actual natueal culture that doesn't eat itself every ten years like neoliberal ones and you'll be fine
>>
>>91935424
Youre gonna die at 52?
>>
>>91934388
dubs checked
>>
>>91934388
Now that I'm 21 am I supposed to be upset that I don't know what the 13 year olds are up to? Just don't get stuck developmentally and this isn't a problem
>>
>>91934388
Oh Christ, I don't even understand Instagram and Snapchat.
>>
>>91934388
What I'm with isn't it.
>>
File: 56986282_p3_master120023.png (228KB, 450x840px) Image search: [Google]
56986282_p3_master120023.png
228KB, 450x840px
I enjoy new music too.

I think most modern cartoons are shit though, or I enjoy them until someone from a newer generation takes over writing and turns them shit.
>>
File: 1493086395048.png (128KB, 363x750px)
1493086395048.png
128KB, 363x750px
>>91934388
Kids are retarded i don't give a fuck
>>
>>91934596
>dat boi

shit, that was when i realized i'm old too
i seriously don't get it
>>
No way man. I'm still epic.

Me for the win!
>>
>>91935766
I know someone I went to high school with who apparently still talks like this,

He graduated in 2012
>>
Literally every time a Family Guy thread is made shitting in the show. I was around for the first seasons and excited for the return. Apparently KIDS THESE DAYS get angry about it. I still find it passable.
>>
>>91935671
Music is better than it has ever been
>>
File: dubstep.jpg (354KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dubstep.jpg
354KB, 1600x1200px
>>91936002
>Music is better than it has ever been
>WUUUUUUB-wubwubwub-WUUUUUB-WOOOOOOONK-REEEEEEEEE-rererererere-HOOOOONK
>>
>>91936128
>dubstep meme

What is this, 2011?
>>
>>91934388
I was never with it. I had nothing to lose.
>>
>>91936187
>'11
I think you mean '09-10 dork. It hit critical normal fag in '11 and then experienced a slow death. If you started in '11 you were already the problem, you were never with IT and the people who were with it saw you as the wagon jumping fag you are.
>>
>>91935556
That's not what he's saying.

Once you hit 26, in the majority of cases, you've hit many of your major milestones in life. After that, major events are going to be fewer and farther between, and as a result, the growing time period between those milestones will be more of a blur. This is why shit feels slow as a kid but once you're grown you start wondering where all the time has gone.
>>
>>91936243
why 26?
>>
File: 1428778366202.png (220KB, 550x520px)
1428778366202.png
220KB, 550x520px
>>91934388
yes
I'm only 21 but i feel like i've lived through an extra half a decade of shit
>>
>>91934388
Yes. 10 years ago. I'm 35 now. Please kill me
>>
>>91934388
I was never with it so technically no.
>>
>>91935755
I dont get that either, or "succ". Fuck man.
>>
>>91934388
Yeah, I took my niece to the Warped Tour last year. Things have changed so much.
>>
>>91936344
"Succ" is just a funnier way to type "suck."
That's pretty much it.
>>
>>91934596
I dont' think I'm cut out for modern American society anymore.

is there somewhere that doesn't suck ass these days and people are just fucking normal human beings and not dead inside meme spouting retards? maybe tuscanny or something?
>>
>>91936287
I'm 21 too and I find myself missing the Internet of 2009-2013. I can't keep up with current meme culture like John Cena and Harambe and We are number one or calling yourself "fashy", seems cringey and forced to me.

Yes, I'm a total newfag compared to people here who are like 35 and miss the Internet of 1995. But hear me out here: every 5 or so years the Internet changes into something unrecognizable from what it was before, so I think it's justified that anyone of any age, be it a 40 year old, a 35 year old, 30 year old, 25 year old, 20 year old, 15 year old, 10 year old, etc. can say they miss the "old Internet".
>>
>>91936478
Harambe was the meme of 2016 but he's not relevant anymore
>>
>>91936478
Every meme you named is soooooo last year.
>>
>>91936478
the more things change the more they stay the same.

when you get out into the real world and not your internet hugbox safespace, all this shit falls away and becomes meaningless. so what if some kid has their 15 minutes of fame and a dumb youtube channel with a few followers? let them have their fun. you do your thing and others will do theirs. not sure why older people get so hung up on this and want to impress 15 year old kids. they seem mentally broken or something, like they must've missed out on certain milestones at that age and have regret and are going through a quarter life crises. it's pretty fucking embarrassing honestly.
>>
>>91936522
>>91936562
True but 2016 is barely different from 2017 - so far.
>>
This is /mu/ but I hate poptimism, it's just the fakest and dumbest shit. And it's not that I think all popular music is automatically band, most of the stuff I like tends to be popular. It's just that all these idiots who suddenly jumped on board with popular music are so fake. The same hipsters who shat on anything that wasn't released on an independent label and had BNM from Pitchfork are now pretending that popular music suddenly got good and that's why they like it now, and that it isn't because they're flaky dipshits who don't actually possess their own taste and just follow whatever critical trend is in vogue.
>>
>>91936763
automatically bad*
>>
>>91934388
whats "in" is fucking lame
>>
>>91936562
>implying fashy isn't eternal
Half a century of history disagrees
>>
File: saved....png (22KB, 1580x174px) Image search: [Google]
saved....png
22KB, 1580x174px
>>
>>91934388
>tfw only 21 and i feel it
it's a mixture of stallmanite refusal to buy into social media, and a vague feeling of nostalgia for the modernist future promised up until the late 1970s, which we've now forgotten. (Not a nostalgia for the 1970s, although the period is fascinating, but a nostalgia for the general trend towards the future which was cut short in that decade or the one after it. All that awaited us at "The End of History" was a nightmare.)

Culturally I'd only identify a much slower pace of decline, which has been caused by a sort of small-c conservatism, a reluctance to take risks and do new things. All we can do is repeat the same things over and over while pumping up the spectacle. (By analogy, imagine if we had only one song but kept turning up the volume, nightcoring it, etc.)
>>
>>91934411

This
>>
>>91934388
The music for sure.
>>
>>91934411
This. Even when I was 12 I knew people around me where shit eating normies.
>>
>>91936243
That's not true though. What the heck is a fuckin "life milestone" to begin with. Explain yourself normie, you sound like a fucking slave living on a schedule.
>>
>>91936412
What's so funny about it? That make you sound like a toddler saying "shit" for the first time.
>>
About the time the GOTG2 trailer hit and everyone was saying how awesome it looked. I felt nothing and just thought it looked bland and the characters obnoxious.

Then there was the Gardens of the Galaxy "joke" in the add. how is that a joke, what's funny about replacing the word Guardian for Garden?
>>
>>91934411
Yup.
>>
>>91939199
Graduating HS would be a milestone, for example. So would your first job, or going to college. Getting a drivers licence. That sort of thing.
>>
>>91939224

I feel the same way but about every MCU movie, I can't fathom why people eat this shit up and use it as an identity thing like calling yourself a nerd.
>>
>>91939199
He's just a sad retard who's going to peak in high school because he can't think of anything to do with his life except the bare minimum.
>>
>>91939186
>>
>>91939250

And Star Wars also. Never really cared with it to begin with but I felt zero enjoyment watching TFA.

I should also add I was never truly with it to begin with but sometime around 07/08 when smartphones began to get really popular along with social media I feel like that's when I truly hit the point of no return and feel like a complete outside to normalfags.
>>
>>91934411
This
>>
>>91936478
>We are number one
That's like the only one I liked because it was silly.
>>
well I don't understand what's so funny about Let's plays and how Youtubers became famous
>>
I just don't care at all about hip-hop, which I guess makes me an outlier.
>>
>>91934411
this but
>>91934451
also this.
being 26 doesn't help either.
>>
>>91934388

I think so, even though I'm only in my 20's. Especially Internet-wise. I dislike social media in general, I think a lot of contemporary Internet memes are utterly retarded and unfunny, and I often find myself feeling nostalgic for the mid to late 2000's Internet.
>>
>>91939205
It's no better than ROFL copter or SAUCE.
just dumb internet phrases.

>>91935755
No different than that dancing gay spiderman meme or that dancing CGI baby from that shitty fox show.
Don't forget, your elders were baffled by our everyday use of OMFG, OMG. WTF, 1337, BRB, and even LOL
long cat sure is long, dere goes dat boy.
>>
I'll be 31 soon and I've basically checked out of society. Everything is loathsome, degraded, meaningless. I can't comprehend how terrible things have become over the years and how much they changed for the worse. It's incredibly jarring to witness it all, it's nothing short of an unending attack on the soul and the individual. It's as if we as a whole chose all the worst possible outcomes and "solutions." Except we didn't, (((they))) did, but we're the ones having to live in this hell we call Earth. I have a job that doesn't pay a livable wage because Croatia but apart from that I go nowhere and do nothing because there's nowhere to go and nothing to do. It's all shit. I don't have a single genuine interest in anything anymore.

There's no reason to lament not being with it because it is terrible and harmful. So try to see it from that perspective at least, it helps.
>>
>>91939478
I liked it too, felt like a throwback to older memes like the Rick Roll
>>
>>91935609
same.
never even bothered after everyone left myspace.

>>91936128
Good dubstep is still a thing.
not everything is skrillex.
>>
I guess, it was when I realized that if I had grandchildren they would see bathrooms divided by gender the same way we see bathrooms divided by race, and their grandchildren will see eating meat like cannibalism

I'm 27
>>
>>91936002
For what genre? I'll admit that popular music is better in general then in the 90's and early 00's, but music when I was a kid was pretty good, same with the shit that came before that. Unless you listen to country, it went through a phase of terrible music that lasted from the 70's until basically now.
>>
>>91940019
None of that is going to happen. That extremist shit is a fad like prohibition.
>>
>>91939908
I hit that point 5 years earlier than you and I found a solution.
literally go outside where there aren't people.

I bike and it's been a life saver. just bike away from it all.
no traffic texting assholes, no constant marketing bombardment and zombified childhood heroes, just you, the bike and the quiet peace of concentrating on cruising along.

also, you could try your hand at creating the kind of things you think aren't shit.
The internet has made sharing that sort of thing with like minded people a possibility that someone born too much earlier would get to use and too much later wouldn't appreciate.
>>
>>91940063

>literally go outside where there aren't people.

You need to translate this into cro terms. By that I mean even the village I grew up in which was once a peaceful, rural and beautiful place is now an urbanized tourist fuckhole of concrete and noise. Normies ruin everything. The whole of Dalmatia went from a jewel to a whore in a decade or so. Summer is hell, pure hell. Mass tourism has destroyed us and made everything ugly. My ideal solution would be to go into the disregarded hinterland and make myself a home there. Chickens and a vegetable garden kind of deal. But I have no money and it's impossible to save up money here.

I'm stuck.

>you could try your hand at creating the kind of things you think aren't shit.

I truly wish I could and maybe I'll give it a proper go.
>>
>>91940156
>maybe I'll give it a proper go
You've got nothing better to do if what you said is true.
>>
Yes. On the day I was born because I never was into the current trends of anything.

I mean shit, do you guys remember Heelys? Everyone had those and I was always just thinking how fucking stupid you look with them.
>>
Nope.
Everything I like have and will always be awesome and everything you like will ALWAYS be shit.
Doesn't matter if I'm 12 or 112.
>>
>>91934388
Yes, even though I was never with it, I still had some idea of what it was and how it came to be. Now I know nothing.
>>
>>91940019
I don't think it'd be seen as similar to a racial divide (since that was openly discriminatory, whereas male/female bathrooms are the same basic facility and the only reason one is absolutely disgusting is due to it's occupants.), more like a novelty. I can't think of a good analogy for the distinction, though. (Perhaps like once having different cameras to take photographs and amateur video?)
>>
>>91934388
I avoided cartoons that weren't in my daily routine so I could play more vidya and I only enjoy a handful of them in hindsight either because I'm old enough to appreciate the humor and production values or I need something to wax nostalgic about.

I can see trends and I can only encourage the younger generation to follow them even if I don't "get" them all the time. However, Cartoon Network or modern Disney shows aren't lost on me. I'm just not that big on fapping to spoons, Latino Trap Shotas, or lesbian space rocks.

Hell, I can't even find myself getting mad about the new Ducktales. Sure, it's not the one I grew up with but I don't mind it's trying to be an action comedy either. If kids like it, good. If they don't, at least they tried.

I think the only time I wasn't "with it" is the fact I'll never be a salty bitch about April Fool's Day the rest of my life like with most my peers.
>>
>>91936002
>music
I think the top 40 pop stuff is marginally better than it was in the 00s but aside from that music is terrible now.
>>
>>91940156
Oh my friend, I am from Hawaii. By the time I was born it was already a burnt out husk of tourist shit, with ever dwindling numbers as people just stop caring. The natural beauty is so incredible next to the stark contrast of exploited and colonized land everywhere. I was where you are.

You have to get out. You cannot bloom there. You have to find a place that is rich and make it there.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.