[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolute Editions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Absolute-Sandman-Volume-2.jpg (38KB, 529x595px) Image search: [Google]
Absolute-Sandman-Volume-2.jpg
38KB, 529x595px
What do you guys think of Absolute Editions? Are they worth the extra money for the large panels and extra content?

I'm thinking of going in for the sandman absolutes, which would be about $300 for the series, is this a total waste? I know everything from the watchmen absolute is also included in the deluxe edition, do you guys know if the sandman bonus content is particularly good and if it's exclusive?
>>
Well...if there's any series worth owning an Absolute edition of, it's Sandman. I read all 5 one summer and found them very pleasing to read. Large pages to show off the art, plenty of bonus content and definitely includes everything you need as far as the series is concerned. I can't speak to the exclusivity of the bonus content, but I think it's probably worth the purchase (though personally, I'd wait til you had 300 dollars to lose).
>>
I still only have Authority vol 1. It's fantastic.
I need the Planetary and maybe the Promethea collections, and the DC New Frontier collection would be very nice to have.

Sandman is an excellent series with excellent art in a lot of issues. You should get it for the stories if you don't already have other versions that you read with any regularity.
>>
Pretty good, imo.

I have Kingdom Come, Hard Traveling Heroes, All-Star Superman, Court of Owls, Sinestro Corps War, and Batman: Year One in absolute form.
>>
>>91931752

The Absolute Sandman volumes are easily one of the best purchases ive ever made. Took a while to get them all, but the glossy full colour wonder is great.
>>
>>91932589
Plus, you can beat someone to death with how big they are!
>>
>>91931752
is this advertisment
>>
The only absolutes I own so far are absolute Final Crisis and Absolute Batman & Robin. Both are fucking gorgeous.
Not sure about the newer Sandman absolutes, but most are typically knocked down to around $80 on Amazon and Instocktrades

>>91932694
everything is an advertisement
>>
>>91932163
>Absolute Promethea
I got volumes 2 & 3, but looking at prices for volume 1 is depressing.
>>
>>91931752
Absolute sandman is the only way to collect the series honestly. Outside of that due to the price it's not worth buying an absolute edition unless you consider the book your favourite and feel like paying four times the regular price is worth it.
>>
Depends. Some of them are worth it for the art and special features. The Sandman ones are probably the best that have been put out - great bang for your buck. The new Wonder Woman volumes are really nice too.
>>
File: absolute batman inc credits.jpg (2MB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
absolute batman inc credits.jpg
2MB, 1728x1152px
there sexy af
>>
These are the kind of things you get for something you've read a trillion times and plan on owning and re-reading until the day you die.
>>
>>91933423
>>
File: ncshelf.jpg (365KB, 912x2258px) Image search: [Google]
ncshelf.jpg
365KB, 912x2258px
I've got All Star Superman and Top Ten Absolutes, and plan on picking up Sandman/Death, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and Transmetropolitan 1/2.

I'd love the Promethea, New Frontier and Authority ones, but unless reprinted the cost is just ridiculous. I was lucky enough to find my Top Ten for £50, a third of the price I'd seen it elsewhere.

I only tend to buy the books I really like, and I tend to go for a hardcover over a trade if possible. I really don't mind paying a little more for a big fancy slipcased hardback of something I'm going to read for years.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.