[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come this show never got popular with kids?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: MegasXLR-banner.png (168KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MegasXLR-banner.png
168KB, 500x281px
How come this show never got popular with kids?
>>
>>91922535
Fake news

Source: used to be a kid, was popular with me
>>
>>91922535
Because CN doesn't dig giant robots.
>>
>>91922580
Not nice. Not nice at all.
>>
>>91922580
I DIG GIANT ROBOTS
>>
I honestly could just never get into it :/ sorry, OP
>>
>>91922535
Because all kids wanted to see were LOLSORANDOM shows like SpongeBob and Ed, Edd n Eddy.
>>
>>91922535
I fell like if I were to watch it again it would suck
>>
>>91922630
It wouldn't, trust me. Season 1 in particular holds up, though season 2 is good too.
I posted >>91922559 BTW, so I know what I'm talking about.
>>
It felt like it couldn't decide what age group it was targeting.
>>
>>91922535
it came too late, stuff like the swat kats came when kids were actually buying a lot of toys, Megas came when videogames were where kids would expend their money so the toy market was smaller, it was an expensive show ti animate but didnt had a name attacked like transformers or godzilla. It was a good show, it just didnt make snese to support it, it was cheaper to buy action shows from asia or invest in action shows with huge potential for toys like ben ten, it didnt help that it wnted to be a show for teens but never was allowed more mature content, it was doomed.

Thats all.
>>
>>91922737
Unlike many other shows, it didn't need to. The concept was so generic it appealed to all ages.
>>
File: Teletoon_logo_1997.svg.png (105KB, 1280x678px) Image search: [Google]
Teletoon_logo_1997.svg.png
105KB, 1280x678px
>>91922535
Because CN barely aired it.

Here in Canada, Teletoon liked it a lot more so many Canadian kids actually grew up with it.
>>
>you dig giant robots
>i dig giant robots
>chicks dig giant robots

doesn't say anything about kids
>>
LIVING HERE IN JERSEY
>>
>>91922603
When did you realize you liked men?
>>
>>91922535
their designs look more appealing to teenagers than preteens
>>
>>91922535
Because Generation Z(Mid 90s-early 2000s births) started becoming CN's target audience around 2004-2005 and they have shit taste.

Ever notice how CN cancelled shows like Megas Xlr, Samurai jack, and Duck Dodgers right around 2005 and replaced them with mediocre shows like Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a monkey, and Squirrel boy? It's because Gen z would rather watch shit than high-quality.
>>
>>91923044
Camp Lazlo was awful. I am still surprised it got the prime time slots it did. That whole time period was a fucking dark age for cartoons
>>
>>91923044
Camp Lazlo was played all the time, because kids loved it for some reason. If it was released in the 90s, it would have only lasted 2 seasons.
>>
>>91922535
Because kids have shit taste and can't recognize that it was beautiful homage to the mecha genre

It would have done much better if it was aimed at the Adult Swim audience
>>
>>91923143
>>91923206
Please. It wasn't that bad.
>>
Characters travel through time to modern times. Shows difference between generations
>>
>>91922619
>Ed Edd n Eddy
>randumb

kys
>>
>>91923143
>>That whole time period was a fucking dark age for cartoons.

Perhaps, but it was better than today's age.
>>
I loved this show when I was a kid
>>
>>91922761
It often felt like an adult cartoon that was watered down for children. It was a bit too juvenile to really draw the older audience, but at the same time the show relied heavily on mecha and toketsu conventions that few kids would understand. The show only ended up being popular with a very specific niche audience.
>>
>>91924538
Look at all the great cartoons we have now though (ones that are still running)

Adventure Time, Loud House, We Bare Bears, Clarence, Gumball, Steven Universe, Samurai Jack, Star Vs, Rick and Morty, and Bojack Horseman. That's some amazing stuff right there
>>
>>91922535
I absolutely loved it.
Still do.
>>
>>91924538
This.
>>91924656
Samurai Jack season 5 is a continuation, and a pretty bad one at that. The rest of those are shit.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.