[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gorillaz - Humanz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1200x630bb.jpg (60KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1200x630bb.jpg
60KB, 630x630px
Probably the best morning I've ever had.
>>
Eh it was kinda lackluster to me.
>>
In the middle of listening to the album for the first time.

I'm easy to please, and pretty much all the song have me into them by halfway in at latest,
But the album feels like a bunch of songs so far, not an album.
It could be just cause I've listened to the older albums a lot more, but they felt like their songs mostly chained from one another to make a vague story to imagine (especially Plastic Beach).

But like most Gorillaz albums I'm sure as it'll grow on me in a way that will have me listen to the entire album once a day for a month without realizing it.
>>
File: 1qw2.jpg (26KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1qw2.jpg
26KB, 720x480px
Demon Days=Plastic Beach>s/t>G-Sides>The Fall=Humanz
>>
>>91917523
They're doing an AMA right now
>>
>>91917775
What about their album labeled Gorillaz?
And idk there's enough going on in Humanz so far to feel it's above The Fall and prolly G-sides.
>>
>>91917826
They should have made an account for each member.
>>
>>91917523
hello /mu/ my old friend.
>>
>>91917863
S/t means self-titled.
>>
Wish I saw this album before making a thread.

Favorite songs?

>Busted and Blue
>Andromeda
>Submission
>Strobelite
>>
>>91917892
Ah
Then yeah I mostly agree with you tier list.
>>
>>91917863
>>91917944
Also, I feel like the Fall and Humanz are both very much alike. I see too little instumental or genre variety, and most of the songs feel like incomplete ideas that could've used more work. The last three or four tracks are by far the lowest point in Gorillaz history, and the interludes don't do anything for atmosphere or story in my opinion.

Plus, I'm liking some of the bonus tracks more than the main ones.
>>
>>91918056
It's prolly a bad sign for an album if you're looking towards the bonus tracks.

I remember D-Sides the only song I really liked was the remix of Kids With Guns.
>>
>>91917939
>Charger
>Saturn Barz
>Strobelite
>Submission
wish Charger kept going for another minute. I hear the deluxe tracks are apparently strong. Need to go find them.
>>
>>91918138
DB was so good on submission, huge fan of his stuff and the beat was really different from what he usually raps over.

Also just buy the deluxe version man cmon.
>>
>>91918159
I already bought the standard cd. Not my finest moment of thinking.
>>
>>91917523
it's literally the biggest meme album ever released, every part of it taylor made for reddit
>>
>>91917724
Op here. Almost done listening to it. I'm really enjoying it so far. This album has already grown on me so It'll be the only thing i listen to for the next month lol
>>
>>91918215
>lol it's just reddit, a-am I cool yet 4chan..?

nice buzzword you fucking troglodyte. Kill your self pl0x.

I remember when people called something reddit, it actually meant something. Now it's just like people unironically using 'cuck' as an insult. So overused it has little to no meaning anymore.
>>
>>91918215
how?
>>
File: 1481148195844.gif (3MB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1481148195844.gif
3MB, 640x479px
>>91918207
I just realized I bought the regular album too.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>91918391
and we dont even get to pick which creepy manequinn is on the cover. grand
>>
>>91918224
I see a lot of negative buzz but I really ended up liking every track. The middle being the strongest.
>>
>>91918436
does amazon music let you refund an album?

I pre ordered only a couple of days ago
>>
File: 1446515387161.jpg (17KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1446515387161.jpg
17KB, 500x371px
>>91918463
welp I gotta pay 8$ more to get the songs I didn't get on the regular album, when I distinctively remember clicking on the deluxe album on amazon, fuck everything.

At least some of it goes to supporting one of my favorite bands.
>>
>>91918138
The Apprentice is the fucking best track in the whole thing
>>
Too much political shit desu lads
>>
>>91918838
Gorillaz have always been political, they have a bit more on this album because political shit is relevant, but there's plenty of tracks that aren't about politics.
>>
>>91918257
>nice buzzword you fucking troglodyte
W-Why do i like this sentence so much?
>>
>>91917523
I feel bad for you man. You could always become an hero.
>>
>>91918436
Did the Deluxe album have any other covers besides the Noodle one? I just saw the 2D and Russel ones for the regular edition
>>
>>91917523
it just feels like a mix tape featuring a random assortment of experimental rap songs occasionally featuring Damon Albarn on vocals for a chorus or a verse or two. it's doesn't seem cohesive and nothing about it really says Gorillaz to me. i almost feel like Albarn got tired of everyone asking about Gorillaz so he decided to make his more politically focused hip-hop project the next album.

at least it's not just him breaking the same old ground but it really doesn't feel like a proper successor to Plastic Beach.
>>
get the deluxe version everyone.
>>
>>91917939
>She's my Collar
>Saturnz Barz
>The Apprentice
>Let me out
>Busted and Blue
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.