[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 561
Thread images: 108

File: 1480394426951.jpg (882KB, 750x967px) Image search: [Google]
1480394426951.jpg
882KB, 750x967px
Worst Sith Lord Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Darth Maul #3 (April 26)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ [Embed]

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
https://youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA [Embed]

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
https://youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA [Embed]

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 1490625173802.png (1MB, 1920x815px) Image search: [Google]
1490625173802.png
1MB, 1920x815px
What is she looking at, /swco/?
>>
File: 1493297326298.jpg (46KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
1493297326298.jpg
46KB, 311x311px
>>
>>91916410

Megassa squeeze it.
>>
>>91916393
Damn, Faith looks like THAT now?!
>>
>people in the year 2017 think anything portraying a heroine woman being bad will ever be allowed again

vaginas are sacred cows
>>
File: poor Pablo.jpg (243KB, 1149x640px) Image search: [Google]
poor Pablo.jpg
243KB, 1149x640px
>>
>>91916459

And this is how equality dies...to thunderous applause.
>>
Repostan from the previous thread, because I forgot to refresh before posting.

>>91916233
I think so. Rian seems to have a vision and courage to push the trilogy into a new direction and the leaks make the movie sound much more unique than TFA was.

The basis for the characters is solid, I think, you can do interesting stuff with Finn, Rey and Kylo and depending on the way Luke is handled, even the destruction of his Jedi doesn't have to be much of a deal (ie.: he strives to build something completely different). The fact that the FO - Resistance conflict can again be boiled down to just X-Wings vs. TIE fighters is unfortunate, but if they put more focus on NR's internal politics rather than on the scrappy underdogs/big evil Empire dynamic, they could do something interesting with it.

Basically, at least in the movies alone, make the FO Star Wars' Mordor. Just an evil monolithic faction that serves no purpose but to present a challenge to its divided opponents and draw the drama from there. But yeah, the political side of the ST is still its Achilles' heel.

But I'm afraid even if TFJ is Rogue One-level quality (which I think is doable), people who go in disliking the trilogy based on TFA alone will hate it anyway. We've seen that before with RotS. No matter how different the movie might be, it does build on TFA's foundation. It will follow up on its themes. Rey is still the protagonist. Kylo is still the antagonist. Snoke is still Snoke. The Mystery Box will yield disappointing answers for many - that is an inevitable consequence of this destructive writing parlor trick.

So yeah, in a nutshell, I expect RotS 2.0. A good movie, but one with the deck stacked against it.
>>
>>91916527
>But yeah, the political side of the ST is still its Achilles' heel.

eh theres something TLJ that is postponing all ST content that isn't Poe's comic so I have a feeling there will be a lore bomb somewhere

either Ren stuff, Snoke stuff, Outer Regions stuff or TOR stuff
>>
>>91916423
Delete this.
>>
>>91916527

I just hope they don't leave major plotholes in again like how Rey goes from 'can't even use the Force' to 'mind tricks, you mean those things that require practice due to how subtle and powerful the influence on the mind is? THOSE ARE SO EASY MY FIRST TRY WILL GO PERFECT.'
>>
>>91916588
>I just hope they don't leave major plotholes in again like how Rey goes from 'can't even use the Force' to 'mind tricks

you are genuinely an idiot if you don't think this will be covered in TLJ
>>
File: oi.png (231KB, 350x464px) Image search: [Google]
oi.png
231KB, 350x464px
OI BOSSK
>>
>>91916459
>/ss/
>Phasma
>Pryce being a literal turbocunt
>>
>>91916606
DENGAR FOR THE LASSSST FUCKING TIME

SSSSSHUT UP
>>
>>91916588
She's already been trained but had her memories and connection to the force suppressed ala Darth Revan. That will be the twist. She used to be Snoke's apprentice and he took Ben after she was supposedly killed by Luke who couldn't go through with it.
>>
>>91916630
>movies
>>
File: jyn.jpg (29KB, 778x576px) Image search: [Google]
jyn.jpg
29KB, 778x576px
DIS A REBELLION INNIT?

OI FOOKIN' REBEL
>>
>>91916647
>Phasma
>>
>>91916646
>She used to be Snoke's apprentice and he took Ben after she was supposedly killed by Luke who couldn't go through with it.

this is the most sensical explanation I've seen and I can see people cunting out about it despite having no problem with Revan

it explains why Luke was gone from his academy too
>>
>>91916604

Like I said.

I hope they don't leave plotholes in.

Patching previous potholes is an acceptable way to not leave them in.

>>91916646

My thought was going to be that she was related to an extremely powerful Force user and that she had, before her memories shit out on her due to PTSD or whatever, had some rudimentary training.

I want to say she was never trained by Luke, though, and that her being on Jakku was an attempt to hide her from the First Order/Imperial Remnant.
>>
File: 386045331.png (1MB, 1920x815px) Image search: [Google]
386045331.png
1MB, 1920x815px
>>91916410
>>
Snoke is a ToR era ruler who was chased off by the earliest Jedi, which explains why he has riches and weird old era weapons and fashion choices
>>
>>91916668
And sort of explains the somewhat shocked and displeased look on his face when he first meets her. Maybe he thinks she's there to kill him and when he realizes she still doesn't remember he will be very hesitant to train her.
>>
>>91916740
He should just be Plagueis. Anything else would be disappointing
>>
File: tumblr_olowiutPt01urkl64o1_1280.jpg (295KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olowiutPt01urkl64o1_1280.jpg
295KB, 848x1200px
>>91916527

It helps that Rian Johnson is a substantially better filmmaker than JJ Abrams.

Johnson's previous films are all R-rates genre films done on tight budgets with all around great casting, performances, writing, directing, cinematography. He has steadily built himself up to larger projects over a long career.

Okay, the Brothers Bloom is a little twee and was mismarketed. But Looper is a film where Bruce Willis actually got a role to play.

Abrams loves to do more bullshit handwaving than obi-wan kenobi when it comes to massaging plot points and story beats in a script. Star trek relied on time travel "destiny" stuff to cover convenient plot holes, TFA has logic gaps like the Falcon making a lucky jump through starkiller base's shields, add targeting the heat regulator on a whim, etc.

I simply trust Johnson to have a higher standard for the writing. Everything else will follow.
>>
File: SABiNE.png (301KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SABiNE.png
301KB, 500x500px
>>
>>91916710
is this real??
is this andi????
>>
>>91916757
Except that would be terrible because him being alive would totally undermine Palpatine's story.
>>
>>91916768

Wait they replaced JJ Abooms?

I hope Mr. Johnson does a better job.
>>
>>91916809
No. He was only ever signed on for one film. A different director still is doing Episode 9.
>>
>>91916646
This is too complicated for the golden fish mentality of the general audience. Rey will be an orphaned stronk girl and that's it. It sucks but let's be realistic.

>>91916782
>is this andi????

Why don't you tweet and ask her :^)
>>
File: 1481920273403.jpg (71KB, 736x637px) Image search: [Google]
1481920273403.jpg
71KB, 736x637px
>>91916782
>he wasn't here the night Andi invited us to her private webcam show......
>>
>>91916806
No it wouldn't as long as Palpatine believed his story was true.

It makes no sense to introduce a new unconnected villain in the third act of a trilogy.
>First act introduces and shows the rise of the main villain, while also introducing the concept of a greater threat
>Second act shows the fall of the main villian
>Instead of bringing back the forshadowed greater enemy, throw everything out the window and introduce a new character with nothing to do with the other trilogies

It just doesn't work and it's sloppy
>>
>>91916833

...for what purpose would you do this?

Is it a cost cutting measure?
>>
>>91916847
>>91916850

lmao i'm shooketh
>>
File: marcia lucas editing room.jpg (19KB, 435x254px) Image search: [Google]
marcia lucas editing room.jpg
19KB, 435x254px
>>91916865

JJ Abrams is super busy and always has like 500 projects going on.

So if he can't do the second or third, they might as well get other directors, and if they want the third film to come out right on the heels of second, then they need a third director to split the work load.

Also the original trilogy has three different directors, so pottery.
>>
>>91916858
>It makes no sense to introduce a new unconnected villain the in the third act of a trilogy
>What is Emperor Palpatine

You're an idiot. You also clearly know nothing about storytelling if you think it is even remotely acceptable to use this character who was mentioned once in a very clear allegorical story told by another character to make a specific plot related metaphor as a villain later on after he is supposed to be dead. If Disney and the writers have any idea what they are doing, it will not be him.
>>
>>91916907

Huh. The more you know.

Thank you for the edification.
>>
>>91916865
All of the original trilogy movies had different directors too.
>>
>>91916850

Ah the good old days when Barriss still wore her hijab like a proper muslim.
>>
>>91916913

Well I think he probably read the Plagieus novel and thought it would be a convient way to tie it together even if it disrupts some of the story themes/elements in the series(I actually agree with you, Palpatine's master should stay dead.) but on other hand it keeps the story more 'in family' of other 6 films. You're giving up certain elements for others, and if you notice, starwars fans don't mind repetition if it hits favorable notes.
>>
Which character with an unresolved story in canon do you most want to see closure for, and what medium should it be shown in?

Hard mode: No Barriss.
>>
>>91916913
Palpatine follows the same fucking format though. Take a film class.

>Episode 4 introduces Vader as the main villian
>5 alludes to a greater threat
>6 introduces the forshadowed villain as the new big bad

Imagine if 6 came around and instead of Palpatine, the man we saw Vader talking to as a hologram, hes replaced with a random old republic nobody
>>
File: chin erso.png (527KB, 800x791px) Image search: [Google]
chin erso.png
527KB, 800x791px
>>91916648
2fukkinRiteM8
>>
>>91916964
AHSOKA

GIVE AHSOKA CLOSURE

FUCKING GOD DAMN IM SO UPSET SHE DIDNT DIE IN SEASON 2.

Seriously they missed their perfect opritunity for the most satisfying send-off for her. Anything except dying to Vader will just be underwhelming
>>
>>91916964
Cad Bane. If not a Rebels episode, then a comic series.
>>
File: 1919mvyssny3vjpg.jpg (635KB, 1800x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1919mvyssny3vjpg.jpg
635KB, 1800x1188px
>>91916913
>>91916858
>>91916806
>>91916757
>>91916740

Snoke's identity is that he's Supreme Leader Snoke, uber dark side ancient asshole.

Maybe he was also a teacher at luke's jedi academy or something stupidly convenient.

But that's all there is to it. Everybody wants there to be a secret twist like in ESB. Because SW fans love pottery as much as they hate it.
>>
>>91916992
She is dead. That ending was clear. Are you brain damaged?
>>
>>91916907
Kennedy also said that she wants each film to have its own authorial signature, similarly to how RotJ was cut from a different cloth than TESB and that was completely different from ANH.

In which case, I get it. TFA was a action-packed nostalgiabait, so of course you get JJ Abrams. TFJ is supposed to be meditative and psychological, which is something Johnson has a lot of experience with. Edwards is great with telling stories from the grunt's POV and grand action and Lord and Miller are the comedy guys.

I have no idea what Trevorrow will bring to the table, though.
>>
>>91916937
>>
>>91916967
People knew was really in charge when Vader knelled before a hologram
>>
>>91917013
>I have no idea what Trevorrow will bring to the table, though.

Thin plotting and characters, just like RotJ!

But don't worry, the trailer will have a slow piano cover of the star wars theme so it will make a billion dollars.
>>
>>91916996
Most likely this. He's definitely not Plagueis. The books have been implying that Palpatine has felt the presence of something incredibly powerful calling out to him specifically from the Unknown Regions which he believes to possibly be the source of the Dark Side and that he is constantly sending probes and scouts to search for it. Pretty obvious that this has some connection to whoever or whatever Snoke is.
>>
>>91917063
>Thin plotting and characters,
>just like RotJ!
Someone hold me back
>>
Snoke is a creation of Plagueis that Palps didn't know about.

Best and most plausible theory so of course it won't be the case.
>>
>>91917104
I think this is a fair middleground. As a huge Plagueis campaigner, this would be much much better than some random unrelated villain who means nothing to any of the characters
>>
>>91917040
>because of poor research into latin, Vader comes across as rather snide and condescending due to his use of thy rather than thine to someone who is his superior
>>
WAHHHH WAHHH STAR WARS MOVIE WITH A MAJOR CHARACTER UNRELATED TO THE SIX MAIN CHARACTERS WAHHH

fucking potteryfags. vader and boba being the most important fuckers in the galaxy was retarded. fuck you
>>
>>91917127
Plagueis means nothing to any of the characters except for Palpatine and Vader. He would fit the very definition of random unrelated villain being that Palpatine killed him before TPM.
>>
>>91917104
Snoke is one of Luke's first students
>>
>>91917154
Snoke is older than Prequel era
>>
>>91917152
>Plagueis means nothing to any of the characters except for Palpatine and Vader.
I wanted to debate this but that's actually kinda a fair point

Is there a snoke identity you guys could come up with that would be important and impactful both to the OT characters and the ST characters?
>>
File: 1471737535941.jpg (46KB, 736x838px) Image search: [Google]
1471737535941.jpg
46KB, 736x838px
>>91917076

Bro I love RotJ, but you can feel Lucas running out of steam with the writing.

It's Luke's movie, and the further away the script gets from him the weaker it gets.

Lando hangs out with Nien Nunb for most of the movie. Han and Leia are pretty static. Another death star used as a set piece.

Buuuuuut, the quality of the writing for Luke/Vader/Palpatine is never better, and the setting for Endor is incredibly rich. The ewoks do stupid shit like defeat stormtroopers with hang gliders, but they have a proper culture with elders, babies, and religious beliefs.

And the ending is great.
>>
>>91917138
Vader SHOULD be the most important fucker in the galaxy. Hes one of the only two Sith Lords in the galaxy.
>>
>>91917172
Jorus C'Baoth
>>
>>91917138
Boba isn't important. In the EU he was, but Canonically he is honestly just a fuck-up. His father being the Clone template was purely Lucas trying to appeal to the """"fans""" who hated him.

Vader was based on a concept that Lucas wanted from the very beginning. When he decided to make Vader, Luke's father, this was mostly to tell a character-driven story about fathers and sons, but it also helped Lucas's original concepts fall into place.
>>
>story about finding the truth about the first Jedi
>enemy of the first Jedi back for revenge who corrupts a Skywalker child and orchestrates the murder of another's students

>not a fitting villain
>>
Snoke is Palpatines corrupted force ghost being preserved in a cracked holocron
>>
>>91917174
>you can feel Lucas running out of steam with the writing.
Yes and no.

The problem with ROTJ is that Lucas had plans for like 12 movies, but the divorce he was going through made him wrap things up way early.

For example, Luke having a long-lost sister WAS supposed to come into play. But somewhere down the line, Lucas just tacked that onto Leia, and the "there is another" never actually pays off. (Although I am sure this is being retconned as we speak for the ST)

As for the Ewoks, they were just 'Nam imagery. Guerilla warfare and all that. Sure, I'll take ROTS Kashyyyk over the Endor stuff, but whatever. Movie is old, I am over it, I have no ill feelings to the Ewoks.

The Luke stuff is pure kino
>>
>>91917254
>Although I am sure this is being retconned as we speak for the ST

Leia originally survived a First Order attack by using the force in the original TLJ script before Carrie died
>>
>>91917222
Indeed. This is it. The first Dark Side user who somehow stayed alive for thousands of years that Luke probably accidentally freed from stasis in some temple somewhere where the ancient Jedi imprisoned him. The Genie slippers mentioned in the leaks are the visual tie to this idea.
>>
File: original skywalker.png (327KB, 900x940px) Image search: [Google]
original skywalker.png
327KB, 900x940px
>>91917207
>it also helped Lucas's original concepts fall into place.

Mark Hamill has said during the first star wars it came up that from Lucas himself talking to Mark that Luke's father, Obi-Wan, and Vader had a duel by a volcano. There's many interviews to substantiate that.

So by the time to came to write ESB Lucas streamlined Annakin and Vader into the same person. And we get to have one of the greatest sequel and twists in history.

Boba Fett was always best as an understated henchman. In fact I recall Lando was at one point envisioned as the son of clone. Now THAT would have been hilarious to see in the prequels.

A million smooth talking Billy Dee Wiliams.
>>
>>91917275
I was actually thinking that Yoda had a premonition about a savior that hadn't even been born yet (cough-Rey-cough)
>>
>>91917293
Maybe, if Luke isn't actually Rey's father. Otherwise him getting sliced to bits at Cloud City would mean no Rey to fulfill the prophecy.

Fuck, I hate prophecies in Star Wars.
>>
>>91917284
the big hints are the knights having melee weapons (no guns), the malachor saber and Rens helmet looking like Revana

the dude is fucking old and knows who the Jedi are enough to manipulate a baby early on to kill them later. he's also rich enough to fund the order. he's an evil old king
>>
>>91917284
That's not that whole brother/sister tree shit is it?
>>
>>91917418
that shit is ridiculously fake because it undermines Vader, something Disney would NEVER do
>>
>>91917427
Well they already undermined the OT cast by making everything accomplished meaningless
>>
>>91917418
No. There are recent leaks that describe Snoke's appearance in TLJ as wearing a a very ornate red and gold trimmed robe with literal gold genie slippers like pic related.
>>
>>91917291
The galaxy could not hold so much smooth alcohol.
>>
>>91917438
only hardcore otfags think that

>wah leia isn't a jedi bloo bloo
>>
>>91917291
>Hello what have we here?
>>
I think Snoke should be a combination of Nihilus and the Yuuzhan Vong. A "pure" version of the Sith that simply consumes anything that stands against it, along with a nice helping of Eldritch mind poisoning from exposure. It's been on a collision course with known space for decades and Palps was preparing the Empire to fight against it.

But if that's the case, I'd like it to be portrayed as more like a force of nature than a conniving villain. Maybe Snoke is just an emissary of a bigger threat?
>>
>>91917448
A least it's not sith-knock off black like the knights of Ren
>>
>>91917174
I think a lot of the problems RotJ has arise from plot points and teases TESB set up with no foresight.

The extended first act in Jabba's palace is great. It's exciting, character-driven (Leia, Lando), we see Luke demonstrating his experience, it adds new elements to the setting by delving deep into Jabba's syndicate. The problem is that it has nothing to do with the main plot of RotJ itself. It's an extended epilogue to TESB. The main presentation begins only when Luke arrives at Dagobah and the main conflict of the film (how to deal with Vader) is established.

And then there are the other things other anon already brought up with the original 9/12 movie plan. The way "there is another" was resolved is simply terrible. Bloodline, a book published odd thirty years after RotJ, did a better job with Leia dealing with the realization of being Vader's daughter than RotJ itself did. Han's character arc was on a trajectory towards a heroic sacrifice, but they neutered it, so now he just hangs around in the woods with nothing to do. The Death Star is conveniently pulled back to create an excuse for the Empire collapsing on itself so we can have a bright happy ending with all loose ends tied up.

Just for the record, Return of the Jedi is still my favorite SW movie. Unquestionably, always was. What it does right, it does so damn right. Jabba's palace might be superfluous, but it's so engaging. Luke, Vader and Palpatine, whether together or on their own, are at their peak and drive scenes which are clear highlights of the entire franchise. The battle of Endor is spectacular, both in the sky and on the ground. The ewoks are, and I'm not ashamed to say that, legitimately endearing and surprisingly fleshed out and provide a strong thematic message. It's just that it's also a very deeply flawed movie.
>>
>>91917493
>A "pure" version of the Sith

new canon has all kinds of evil force villains besides Sith. deal with it
>>
>>91917460

Eh if you compare old vision of leia to now, she like rest of OT have been severely undermined, nobody can argue otherwise.
>>
>>91917512
And it's bad. What's your point?
>>
File: 1334628464173.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
1334628464173.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>91917512
Ok, so throw one more in?
>>
>>91917522
"No!"

leia always existed to pump out jedi babies she just went on retarded adventures in the EU as well. character assassination my ass
>>
>>91917533
> universe being bigger is bad

go back to ToR where the world is all about miniMauls and miniBobas you cunt
>>
File: Snoke leak.png (1MB, 873x496px) Image search: [Google]
Snoke leak.png
1MB, 873x496px
>>91917427
Lucasfilm had no problem undermining him with Starkiller and other ancient Sith who destroyed planets with their farts. I don't see why Disney would be an exception.

>>91917448
>literal gold genie slippers

>WHO dares to wake me?
>Ain't gonna make this a mystery!
>>
>>91917541

She ran the New Republic, helped save Galactic Free Alliances era starwars universe, fought several wars and saw most of her children die.

I mean.. you could argue she was just a baby factory but in reality she did most for galaxy out of the original trio if you look at the big picture, story wise.

Luke's jedi order went into exile and became a political scapegoat.

what else do you have?
>>
>ToR
>has mini death star world in the notEmpire capital because people that look like Sheevs imperial officers running around makes PERFECT SENSE
>mandos work for the notEmpire because boba worked for vader

genius lore
>>
>>91917507
>Leia dealing with the realization of being Vader's daughter than RotJ itself did.

Leia's canonically pretty fast on the uptake when it comes to massive changes in her life and view of the galaxy and her place in it. How long was it after witnessing the death of her culture and everyone she's ever known that she's immediately as competent and focused as her rescuers, bullseyeing storm-troopers and throwing out casual insults to the rest of her crew?

I mean, we don't actually know how long it was between the destruction of Alderaan and Luke, Han, and Obi-Wan rescuing her, but the movie doesn't portray it as being more than a couple days maybe at most. As far as I'm concerned, Leia is pretty much stone cold unshakable.
>>
I thought Leia died early in TLJ but I just realized that would fuck with Luke pretty badly

she was originally going into a coma before Carrie dId, and they said she's not in IX, so is she confirmed DED?
>>
>>91917674
>Hears about Han dying
>Dies of a heart attack
>Same robot from the ending of RotS shows up, covered in dust
>"...She's lost the will to live"

POTTERY
>>
File: tumblr_ooeo6iX7jk1v2w3lfo6_1280.png (370KB, 749x536px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooeo6iX7jk1v2w3lfo6_1280.png
370KB, 749x536px
>>91917674

Seems like they took the most pragmatic solution to cutting her out.

I'm really happy they spruced up her wardrobe for TLJ, she looked like a janitor in TFA.

And i hope the rumors are true we'll see her use the force, we've missed out on getting to see her pilot an x-wing.
>>
>>91917174
I always felt the purpose of the second Death Star was literally to bait the whole Rebel fleet. The Rebellion known what threat a Death Star poses, so they would jump at the chance to strike it down before it was completed. Sheev counted on this and let the Bothans get the intel, and sprung the trap he set.
Which would have worked if not for the Ewoks.
It makes sense why they used a Death Star again.
The stuff with Luke, I can't say how things would be different. If Han, Leia, Chewie died out there, if Luke felt it he may have died or fallen to the dark side.
>>
Does anyone have the Plo Koon FUCK gif?
>>
File: rouge-one.jpg (145KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
rouge-one.jpg
145KB, 1200x630px
They're supposed to become the Knights of Ren, right? How does that work?
>>
>Rey was the faithful leader of the Knights that awoke first in Snokes tomb
>>
>>91917810
Snoke salvages their bodies from Scarif and over the years rebuilds their bodies and experimetns on them, twisting their minds into his loyal knights
>>
>>91917810
Death star laser radiation has given them unnatural powers
>>
>>91917810
Where the ever loving fuck did you hear such an asinine theory
>>
>>91917810
Where did this theory come from?
>>
>>91917641
>has mini death star world in the notEmpire
niggawatt
>>
File: Jedi_Temple_Guard.png (175KB, 318x681px) Image search: [Google]
Jedi_Temple_Guard.png
175KB, 318x681px
Rey was a dark side version of these guys that was protecting Snoke

YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT
>>
>>91917737

Within the story there's no reason the empire wouldn't pursue another death star, but for the audiences it can feel a little too neat. Which is why starkiller base was so feckless in TFA.
>>
>>91917893
So is she going to get a yellow lightsaber?
>>
>>91917871
>>91917866

Prepare your brains for one of the worst theories of all time, from someone who clearly has no fucking clue about Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QOpYMsFXQ
>>
>>91917737
I always wondered why they were building the Death Star there over Endor. I mean, I get secrecy, but that's such an out of the way nowhere planet and they clearly weren't getting the materials from there, so who picked it and how did they come to that conclusion? I can't imagine it was well known or even on many maps. Was it one of Palpatine's Observatory planets like Jakku? Also, Palpatine only lost because he totally failed to predict Vader killing him. He had fallen into a false sense of security thinking his apprentice would never rise to the challenge like a proper Sith and paid for it.
>>
File: honk honk.png (2MB, 1920x815px) Image search: [Google]
honk honk.png
2MB, 1920x815px
>>91916410
>>
How would Seventh Sister react, if Ezra actually enjoyed getting butt fucked by her? It wouldn't be rape anymore, making it no fun anymore.
>>
>>91917922
>Was it one of Palpatine's Observatory planets like Jakku?

THIS RETARDED SHIT THEY KEEP DOING WITH JAKKU BETTER PAY OFF
>>
>>91917921
>Haha, we did it, you guys! After suffering through three horrendous prequels...

>closes tab
>>
>>91916757
Just make him an ancient dark side user who is outside the Jedi - Sith duality. Bendu the eternal Swiss force adept worked.
>>
>>91916393
Don't bully Atris. She's a librarian in over her head.
>>
>>91917982
anyone that isn't a massive retard thought Bendu was a lazy copout
>>
Trigger /swco/ in one sentence.
>>
>>91918041
prequels bad
>>
>>91918041
>>91918046
prequels good
>>
>>91917942

Why didn't they just put Rey on Tatooine?
>>
>>91917898
I agree that the planet-installed weapon of Starkiller Base was a dumb idea. It would have been just as effective a weapon if it was some large cannon-like thing, similar to, say the Gryps Colony Laser from Zeta Gundam. An asteroid-installed superweapon would have been just as effective, if not moreso since there's no atmosphere to have people safely roam the surface.
>>
>>91918041

Barriss did nothing wrong.
>>
>>91918013
Everyone set themselves up with their theories again. "Oooh, who could it be? An ancient Jedi? Are the Bendu precursors to the Order? Grey Jedi confirmed!"

And then he was just a literal force of nature. Which actually ties strongly into SW's environmentalist theme, but who gives a fuck right CANONIZE THE GREY CODE NOW

Theorycrafting is one thing, but overthinking it and becoming too invested in your headcanons and dreamed up speculation is always just setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>91918041
Karen Traviss's Mandalorians were good.
>>
>>91918134
> ancient force god thing that ACTUALLY EXISTS IN THE PRESENT that literally serves to bail the protags out and will never be brought up in any star wars lore or nucanon EU stuff ever again is acceptable

it's SHITTY FUCKING WRITING
>>
>>91917236
>corrupted force ghost being preserved in a cracked holocron
>>91917448
>genie slippers
Phenomenal Cosmic Powers!
Itty bitty living space!
>>
>>91918041
Ezra is for /ss/.
>>
>>91918186
Good job paying attention to the episodes then dumbfuck. He didn't bail the heroes out at all, he was a cunt.

But all you care about it "good guys didn't die = BAD ;_; "
>>
>>91916588

The movies never said that the Jedi mind trick required a whole lot of actions.

And you bet your ass if you or I found out we had force powers, the first thing we'd try is every Jedi ability we've heard of just to see if we could do it.
>>
How does the afterlife work in Star Wars for those who don't have the Force ghost ability? Is there even an afterlife?
>>
>>91918219
you dumb shill he literally exists to explain how there are still some rebels left after Thrawn fucked them

remove him and the series would've been over
>>
>>91918235

you rejoin the great hivemind. Keeping your personal identity after death in the 'force' is the trick.

Sith usually lingered as a remnant in real world, jedi figured out how to come back in the force.

if you ignore Tor, it's easier to understand.
>>
>>91917942
I think we all know it won't. Even Aftermath which brought all this shit up to begin with didn't make much sense of it. Just kept vaguely calling it "the Observatory" and talking about MUH CONTINGENCY and implications that it had something to do with the Ancient Sith. How the fuck did kicking that one retard who worshipped Palpatine down into a huge pit leading to the core almost make the planet explode? The author certainly didn't seem to know.
>>
>>91918186
>will never be brought up in any star wars lore or nucanon EU stuff ever again is acceptable
Can I borrow your crystal ball? There are some decent sized lottery jackpots starting to form.
>>
>>91918248
Yes.

What's the problem.
>>
>>91918041
Chuck Wendig is a pretty good author.
>>
>>91918235
Their energy just goes back into the Force, literally becoming one with it. But it's not an afterlife in the sense of Heaven or Hell since they no longer exist as an individual consciousness.
>>
>>91918235
Not really, not in the commonly accepted Judeo-christian terms. All living beings upon death are assimilated into the one Cosmic Force and their energy is then repurposed to give new life through midichlorians. It doesn't matter whether you were light or dark in life, there is no purgatory or anything. You lose all sense of self and dissipate.
>>
File: 250px-McD-McChicken.jpg (12KB, 250x145px) Image search: [Google]
250px-McD-McChicken.jpg
12KB, 250x145px
>>91918277
> introducing something retarded into the star wars universe just to bail out some shitty inconsequential kids show characters for a single more season is not a problem
>>
>>91918340
I guess it falls in line with the pantheistic beliefs that when you die your body becomes one with nature and shit like that?
>>
>>91918311

How could you type this, even in jest.
>>
File: buttercup.jpg (30KB, 296x394px) Image search: [Google]
buttercup.jpg
30KB, 296x394px
>>91918364
Quite easily desu
>>
>>91918340

I liked the way they described the force as a great river, with divergence in force(blocking off channel of power) and what it does to force user = dark side user, and removing the obstruction and being one with force equals light side user.

As a physical allegory for a metaphysics topic, it has best way of explaining in a eastern mysticism form of show how force relates to the world and through people and things.
>>
>>91918355
Sort of. Also sort of Buddhism where your soul finally stops being reincarnated once you reach enlightenment and detach your existence from the physical world to become one with the cosmic energy.
>>
>>91918041
TCW runied Maul.
>>
Speaking of Force afterlife, how long do Force ghosts last? Is it eternal or do they disappear eventually?
>>
>>91918343
It's not retarded, and that's not what happened.
>>
>>91918409
That's true though
>>
>>91918409
No. Rebels did. Should never have survived his fight with Palpatine on Mandalore. Bringing him back again after that was too much.
>>
>>91918412

Old lore allowed for them to last usually if they were tied to a living focus, like a bloodline.

And for the sith 'remnant' it was usually tied to a place or an object.
>>
>>91918412
It's eternal.
>>
>>91918434
He was never intended to die there.

>"I have other uses for you"

Pretty obvious tbqh. The comics continued that story thread, based on unfinished episodes.
>>
>>91918041
Kennedy, Rey, and feminist agendas are needed for Star Wars to survive.
>>
>>91918041
TFA was better than the prequels.
>>
>>91918409
Bringing Darth Maul back was cool and made for entertaining tv, but it did unfortunately set a very bad precedent that is ruining Star Wars very badly right now. It fell into the same trap as superhero shit where death doesn't matter and characters can just come back to life no matter what whenever someone feels like retconning their death. And it encourages fans to buy into retarded theories about characters like Snoke being old characters who are thought dead because the rules have already allowed for it before.

>>91918458
He was never intended to be alive after TPM to begin with. Checkmate.
>>
File: Rex-SWM.jpg (2MB, 1261x1712px) Image search: [Google]
Rex-SWM.jpg
2MB, 1261x1712px
?GMS na ro elfir reporp a fo daetsni noitautis yratilim lacitcat a ot nopaew yramirp a sa snugdnah luad sgnirb ssabmud adnik tahW
>>
>>91918041
RLM was right.
>>
>>91918409
yep, this
>>
>>91918515
>He was never intended to be alive after TPM to begin with. Checkmate.
Was Lucas himself who decided he did. Just how he decided Anakin Skywalker was alive as Darth Vader in '78.

>it did unfortunately set a very bad precedent that is ruining Star Wars very badly right now. It fell into the same trap as superhero shit where death doesn't matter and characters can just come back to life
Ok I am going to call bullshit right here anon.

Because the point you made is good, but you are going full retard if you think this is relevant to Star Wars at all. Since Maul's resurrection half a decade ago, the only time a character has "died" and come back is Phasma, and that shit hardly counts.

Filoni has talked about the importance of death, and why none of the characters he has killed thus far on the show will be returning.

Maul was an exception, not a catalyst. There is absolutely nothing suggesting that Maul's resurrection has (or will) inspire them to bring other characters back. Any fan theories are just that; retarded fantheories.
>>
>>91916527
Is the box still a thing? I kinda figured Rian would have dumped everything on the floor.
>>
File: 1491800274371.jpg (63KB, 581x700px) Image search: [Google]
1491800274371.jpg
63KB, 581x700px
you have ten seconds to defend Rebels getting rid of the Inquisitors
>>
>>91918621
Cancelled too soon
>>
>>91918558
>Not reversing the image as well
>>
>>91918621

chester the ezra molester was too sexy
>>
>>91918621
Those lightsabers were stupid
>>
>>91916588
The movie had a lot of problems but that was a minor one. She failed the first time and the FO troopers are trained to have all the individuality and resistance to command stamped out of them. They've implied the only reason their methods didn't work with Finn is because he's force sensitive and too empathic.
>>
>>91918621
They all had to die before ANH and were never meant to extend beyond this show. Just like Kanan and Ezra.
>>
>>91917810
Well, wasn't it confirmed from the get-go that the anthology stories have no bearing on the current trilogy?
>>
>>91918673
>They all had to die before ANH

???? they're just imperial grunts with sabers
>>
>>91918041
TFA was good and Rogue One was the best prequel.
>>
Tell me about Snoke. Why doesn't he wear a mask?
>>
> looking up Eighth Brother concept art

> Seventh Sister and Kallus were originally Chiss

WHAT
>>
>>91918717
They were experimenting around with Chiss designs for a while, but they always had Thrawn on the backburner.

I think they were holding out for him, to make him more special.
>>
File: Bazooka-Pilot-1024x663.jpg (165KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
Bazooka-Pilot-1024x663.jpg
165KB, 1024x663px
WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS
>>
>>91918690
>???? they're just imperial grunts with sabers

NO LASER SWORDS
>>
>>91917650
Well Bail did have her involved in the rebellion since her mid teens.
>>
File: Tech-Demolition-Designs-1024x663.jpg (166KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
Tech-Demolition-Designs-1024x663.jpg
166KB, 1024x663px
WHY IS BF2 JUST TIE PILOT GUYS WITH RED ON THEM INSTEAD OF THESE DUDES
>>
>>91918784
>>91918852
These look like retarded OC donut steels
>>
>>91918041
GRAYYYYY JEDIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
File: FB_IMG_1493398314183.jpg (44KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493398314183.jpg
44KB, 720x479px
The absolute madman
>>
>>91918852
>Demolitions
>flamethrower with tiny tank
>doesn't have additional tubes on helmet for air
>whole bandoleer of grenades dangling perilously at his midsection
>>
>>91918784
>>91918852
Because those guys are blatantly going to die fighting the Rebels in the comics?
Its still a crying shame though, I fucking loved the comic they got to themselves, where their leader explains why the Empire is a force for good from his perspective
I really hope they make it into a game at some point, the concepts are just too interesting not too
>>
>>91918041
The new canon books and comics are trash. The EU was vastly superior quality storytelling in every way. The NJO are some of my all time favorite books.
>>
>>91918784
>>91918852
Those guys are spec ops. Like at the direct service of the emperor spec ops. Not the we need to board that rebel ship or assassinate someone spec ops.
>>
>>91918784
What kinda dumbass brings dual handguns as a primary weapon to a tactical military situation instead of a proper rifle or an SMG?
>>
>>91918953
Some of them already did die (Thank God). What hideous designs. Unfortunately, those deviantart donut steels are going to show up in the future because Luke still has to rescue C3PO from them. Fortuitously, their dumb shit Liefield design is being scaled back into normal trooper armor with different shit slapped on instead of widly disproportionate exaggerated cartoon garbage. Fuck I hate those edgy faggots so much.
>>
>>91918852
Oh yeah. Their commander taught Lule how to use a saber in the fighting pits. He kept one on him when he called the Empire in to snatched Luke. For a non force sensitive he knows how to use one fairly well.
>>
>>91918997
dumb autist
>>
>>91918169

What are Karen Traviss's Mandalorians and why would that trigger people?
>>
>>91918997
I wonder what it is like to be so miserable
>>
>>91918997
Nope. All are still alive and hold C-3PO hostage. The captain just cut off his arm and got a cybernetic one.
>>
>>91918233

And yet Rey would have never seen it done before.

And given that she lives on Jakku, treats a droid as a companion because her life is lonely as fuck, and gets food from an asshole, I imagine the Rey's never seen a Jedi do dick.
>>
>>91917810
That's some "Slade is really Batman" tier bullshit.
>>
>>91919046
> I imagine the Rey's never seen a Jedi do dick.

except she's obviously someone who knew Jedi things before in a series with mindwipes
>>
File: 1486341414449.jpg (36KB, 640x586px) Image search: [Google]
1486341414449.jpg
36KB, 640x586px
>mfw flying inquisitors and bazooka stormtroopers are CANON

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH STAY MAD
>>
>>91919075
Or heard about the trick. She just got done denying Kylo into her mind. Could have figured what the hell, no harm in trying.
>>
>>91919046
She's heard of Luke, even if its just the stories. And every story of the Jedi would include a bit about how they can influence the weak willed, because that shit is just weird even if you do know what the Force is, and its stranger if you don't
>>
>>91919021
>What are Karen Traviss's Mandalorians
A culture comprised of a bunch of OC donut-steel EU Boba Fett wanna-bes

>why would that trigger people?
Because canon Mandalorians are the exact opposite.
>>
>>91919110
if you think Reys part was left out in TFA "because it doesn't matter" you're delusional. it's obviously a mystery
>>
>>91918041
Dark Greetings!
>>
>>91919110
Hell she just successfully reversed their connection and pushed into his mind, she could have just tried something similar on the trooper.
Or she saw him learn the mind trick from Luke in his memories
>>91919107
What's wrong with bazooka troopers? The upper armour is a bit bulky but stormies have had rocket launchers and other squad support weapons in canon (both old and new) long before Task Force 99 showed up.
>>
>>91919021
Karen Traviss was like the Cuck Wendig of the EU, except she could actually write so her crimes came down to being an obnoxious cunt who tried to overwrite almost everything in the EU with her Mandolorian OC Mary Sues who were stronger and better than Boba and Jango Fett, all the clones, and every Jedi ever. She was notorious for hating Jedi with a passion so she went out of her way to shit on them in all her books for no reason. And then created a self insert female Jedi who secretly married and got knocked up by a Clone Commando. It literally got to the point where George Lucas himself had to fire her because she wrote a TCW tie in book that openly shit on the show and contradicted George's versions of Mandalore and the Clone troopers, who in her books hated the Jedi for "enslaving" them and enjoyed killing them during Order 66.
>>
>>91916459
Rae Sloane? She basically founds the FO. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>91919173

Don't forget she also made sure to kill Zahn's waifu on the way out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvpdyB3wuE
>>
>>91919043
They're not all alive, they lost at least 2 guys, possibly 3. Vader even mentions how big a failure they were and was nearly going to kill the remainder before they upped the ante with Threepio.
>>
>>91918957
The only thing that triggers me here is that you posted 3 fucking sentences when it was supposed to be one you fucking shithead.
>>
File: 1443543114815.jpg (52KB, 596x800px) Image search: [Google]
1443543114815.jpg
52KB, 596x800px
>comics have spec ops troopers
>shows have Inquisitors

>meanwhile the Knights of Ren are jobbers with sticks and the troopers are generic and suck as usual in both TFA and RO

Why do bad guys who aren't the main villains always suck ass in the movies? Is it like some kind of mandate?
>>
>>91918957

But what you said is true.
>>
>>91919205
Yeah, and utterly destroyed Jaina Solo's characterization as well and almost completely derailed that series. Aaron Allston and Troy Denning must have had the patience of saints to put up with her shit while writing those books.
>>
>>91919284
id rather their be homages to ESB than making the homages into fucking plot points (hurr all the clones from the clone wars are boba fetts)
>>
>>91919312
I know, and I meant every word, but it pisses some of the autists here off like you wouldn't believe. Hell if I know why.
>>
>>91919021
>be Karen Traviss
>Work for the UK's version of the Coast Guard and not do anything of worth, yet claim you're hot shit for being IN DA ARMED FORCES!!!one
>Develop sub-par writing career with original novel series in 2004
>Get lucky in writing a Republic Commando novel and Lucasfilm hires you to do more.
>Hate the Jedi and Sith for being "perfect, flawless" utopian characters who do no wrong, so you latch onto the Mandalorians and do the same thing in making them perfect and utopian, because nobody else is autistic enough to build on their society like you can.
>Make the Jedi evil in treating the clones like slaves in your Clone Wars novels when every other piece of medium tends to show otherwise.
>Totally derail everything you're included in writing with your "MUH MANDO'A" bullshit. Kill off beloved characters like Mara Jade and have every character act out of character to kiss the feet and suck the dick of any Mando involved in the story.
>Get pissy and huffy when the Clone Wars cartoon totally blasts your shit out of canon, especially now that everything non-TCW that you've made is rendered non-canon.
>Move on to other stories and shit on Halo/Gears of War novels with the exact same MUH WARRIOR CULTURE nonsense and making anyone in authority positions absolutely venomous towards the "proud, loyal grunts and soldiers."
>Travganoffs in contact with Lucaschilds.

In a nutshell, Traviss does not write novels set in established universes, she writes her own shit and shoves Star Wars, Halo, and other settings around it, like trying to shove a square peg into a round hole.
>>
>>91919284
When did this "Star wars needs to be funny" meme came from?
I mean, when you look at the supposedly greatest sw movie, Empire, there were maybe a few lines from C3PO (A not really important character) that were supposed to serve as comic relief and that's it. And he with his lines, was pretty much ignored in-universe.
>>
File: Ren-1-web.jpg (98KB, 972x942px) Image search: [Google]
Ren-1-web.jpg
98KB, 972x942px
>>91919306
No one is going to spend the money on tarting up generic mooks to look good. Its a lot easier to draw or model those kinds of badasses than it is for a prop department to make them
I am a little upset the Knights look the way they do though. I really liked the mask designs from the concept art, I'm hoping those at least translate properly when we finally get a proper look at them
>>
>>91919420
>When did this "Star wars needs to be funny" meme came from?

the world is getting worse at an exponential rate and we're on the brink of full scale nuclear war so people want some levity in their lives

i doubt TLJ will be funny outside of Finn's plot anyway
>>
>>91919132
I'm only saying it may not be as important as people are making it out to be. Personally I think she's Kenobi's grand daughter. My theory is he knocked up Satine, and she had a relative raise her "nephew" who later knocked some chick up. The kid starts showing force sensitivity and they either take her to Luke or the nephew's "mother" tells him the truth. But I'd honestly be relieved if she wasn't related to the original cast at all.
>>
>>91919420

Starwars has always had a theme of humor from the beginning, Lucas stole it from other older stories that always had a punchline character running throughout the series, I always assumed it was just him riffing on older ideas

and then you combine them with qualities that get you to sell lots of toys. C3po/r2d2, jarjar, etc.

C3p0 becomes a walking punchline in ESB and Jarjar is essentially the same thing just more obnoxious.

Lucas liked to have humor somewhere in story because usually war stories tend to be very serious, so he liked to add levity.
>>
>>91918041
The Force Awakens did everything A New Hope did but better.
>>
>>91919459
>the world is getting worse
u wot m8? The world is consistently, objectively getting better in most regards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq6Z8OG7F_Q
>>
>>91919470
>Kylo is Vader
>Rey is Boba Fett

HAHAHAHA I CAN FUCKING SEE IT
>>
>>91919420
>>
>>91919372

This triggers me because it's like a fanfiction author who has so many OCs in their fanfiction that if they just wrote a regular book they'd be a published author by now.
>>
>>91918041
Ventress was a shit waifu and deserved to die.
>>
>>91919420
They want the Marvel audience. Quips and one liners for everyone!
>>
File: 1409859732650.gif (1MB, 269x151px) Image search: [Google]
1409859732650.gif
1MB, 269x151px
>>91919470
>IX has mandos come back

>once again Vader and Boba Fett are the two most fucking important characters in the universe (because Mandos are just Bobas armor the people)

oh christ almighty i fucking hate star wars
>>
>>91919470
>two pure Nordic Aryan ubermensch mate to produce bucktoothed brunette offspring
Rey being the daughter of Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano is more probable, being half alien would at least explain her fucked up face
>>
File: tumblr_oo3a1cyt4n1w57qoxo1_540.png (483KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo3a1cyt4n1w57qoxo1_540.png
483KB, 540x720px
>>91919617
>her fucked up face
>>
File: 1378257125580.png (107KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1378257125580.png
107KB, 320x287px
>Kenobi child that is also an heir to Mandalore

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MERCHANDISING
>>
File: wat.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>91919613
>that gif
>>
File: WhenYourXenoWantsABackRub.jpg (91KB, 474x762px) Image search: [Google]
WhenYourXenoWantsABackRub.jpg
91KB, 474x762px
>>91919648
>>
File: SkekSil.jpg (32KB, 360x252px) Image search: [Google]
SkekSil.jpg
32KB, 360x252px
>>91919648
is that a photograph or a muppet
>>
>>91919705
behind the scenes of Alien was fucked up
>>
>>91919617

I thought Rey's actor acted very well for someone who has had two strokes!
>>
File: tumblr_oo3a1cyt4n1w57qoxo2_540.png (527KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo3a1cyt4n1w57qoxo2_540.png
527KB, 540x720px
>>91919720
>>91919727
>>91919744
>>
>>91919372
In case anyone is wondering why the story in 343's Halo games is so shit, it's actually because of her. Not only did she crank out a bunch of shitty Halo books after Lucasfilm kicked her to the curb, she also wrote parts of Halo 4 and all of Halo 5. The retcons to Doctor Halsey that made her way more borderline evil yet somehow free of all guilt for doing what she did to the Spartans II's actually made her identical to one of her characters in the Republic Commando books, Sergeant Skirata. He was clearly one of her favorite OC's who could do no wrong while constantly punching out Jedi and Republic Generals for "disrespecting his Clone 'sons" left and right without so much as a slap on the wrist for his disrespectful bullshit. And some of those characters even apologized to him for it! It was like the Sixes article only real. She's totally insane too and truly believes that she's better than everyone because she has "military experience" and that civilians are scum. "MUH WARRIOR CULTURE" is literally it, it's all she ever talks about in any of her books.
>>
rearrange the following based on how likely they are

>Rey is a Kenobi
>Del Toro is Ezra
>Snoke is Plagueis
>>
>>91919824

I added one to make this more accurate.

Del Toro is an Ezra
I WILL HIT THE MEGAMILLIONS TONIGHT
Rey is a Kenobi
Snoke is Plagueis
>>
>>91919205
That was a good thing.
>>
>>91919687
Any mando is an heir to the throne if they have the balls to take it.
>>
>>91919815
>she also wrote parts of Halo 4 and all of Halo 5.
Erm, what's your source on that? This is the first time I've ever heard anybody make that claim.

However I do agree that the Kilo-5 trilogy was ass. And besides the mentioned Halsey bashing that made several characters act OOC, she also did a lot of disservice to the Sangheili by making them seem like retards.
>>
>>91919854
Strongest bait in the thread. Here's your (you).
>>
>>91919824
>Del Toro is Ezra
Probability: even odds
>Rey is a Kenobi
Probability: one in a hundred
>Snoke is Plagueis
Is it possible to have a probability less than zero? If there are an infinite number of universes in an infinite combination of variables, Snoke is Plagueis in none of them
>>
File: qdXQJeh.jpg (980KB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
qdXQJeh.jpg
980KB, 2988x5312px
>http://m.imgur.com/a/DcFvJ?grid

These all seem to be lifted or at least inspired by Zen Buddhist and Taoist texts. I recognize at least some of them like pic

Still, it does wonders towards making the Force sound and feel beautiful
>>
>>91917650
Yeah that's her thing. Leia's got her shit together.
>>
>>91919753
I'd fuck her.
>>
>>91919687
>Kenobi child that is also an heir to Mandalore
You mean Korkie?
>>
>>91919882
>>91919936
>>91919687

God fucking damn it, I was reminded of the feels I got when Darth Maul literally was just five minutes too fast to get interrupted by his Master.
>>
File: tumblr_om80bvYIG01vel11ko4_400.gif (803KB, 268x243px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om80bvYIG01vel11ko4_400.gif
803KB, 268x243px
>>91919930
>I'd fuck her.
>>
File: 1476117348874.png (704KB, 941x1051px) Image search: [Google]
1476117348874.png
704KB, 941x1051px
>>91919930

>I'd fuck her
>>
>>91919824
>Del Toro is Ezra
Because its the kind of thing that would make the LSG look smart and clever for threading their pre-OT and post-OT material together. Plus we'll know if Ezra survives or not before TLJ so it won't be a spoiler.
That and I just like the idea of Finn meeting a 'Jedi' of his own
>Rey is a Kenobi
Pretty unlikely purely because that would mean retroactively undoing a lot of Obi's characterization as the Jedi Knight's Jedi Knight, and frankly the time gap means she'd be barely connected to Old Ben anyway
>Snoke is Plagueis
I'm not convinced Snoke is actually all that important to be brutally honest, and I doubt they'd make a call back to one scene from the PT over just making up their own new threat.
>>
File: LMZ8mVi.jpg (993KB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
LMZ8mVi.jpg
993KB, 2988x5312px
>>91919910
Apocryphal? So the Jedi Code we've all come to know is actually inaccurate but was regardless accepted as true.
>>
>>91919127
Mandalorian so work best as just Space Vikings/Mongols. None of that MUH HONOR bullshit. Just a bunch assholes who like to loot, rape, and burn down planets without a hint of regret or apology.
>>
>>91919930
>>
>>91920076
they're space prussians
>>
>>91920076
Vikings did have some honor though. They were just really pragmatic. They could barely grow anything on their own land so they raided. If a town said they wanted to trade or just straight up give them supplies the vikings had no desire to pillage as they wouldn't be able to come back for more supplies next winter.
>>
>>91919930
You'd fuck a bagel
>>
>>91920147
This
All the cold blues, whites and blacks on Deathwatch and Protector armour was the first clue, the fact that Lucas and Filoni have both talked about the Deathwatch being inspired by the Freikorps is the second.
I do hope we see more Mando politics in the future because the idea of Game of Thrones but with blasters and jetpacks does hold a certain appeal, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about them showing up in the movies. It would be awesome if they were an alliance of last resort for the Republic or something, with Leia reaching out to them in desperation, but I honestly couldn't say how the public (who don't watch TCW or Rebels) would respond to them
>>
File: tumblr_ooodwpnUaJ1s0imuno3_250.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooodwpnUaJ1s0imuno3_250.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>91920203
>You'd fuck a bagel
>>
>>91920214
Rey is literally the only way for Mandos to become important again
>>
>>91920203
I probably would if it had cream cheese.
>>
>>91920243
Or Del Toro could be ST era Ezra Bridger, who Poe is sent to contact as part of Leia's bid to bring the Mando's into the war, banking on favours she has with both Ezra and Sabine to help bring the Mandalorian Fleet into battle against the First Order
>>
>>91916393
No more Mandos please just stop with the Mandos.
>>
File: 2017-04-28-13-05-07-1578906670.jpg (9KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-28-13-05-07-1578906670.jpg
9KB, 195x258px
Hey Uncle D, can I be canon again?
>>
>>91920276

Or Del Toro is a completely unrelated character and the mandalorians make no appearance whatsoever.
>>
>>91920452
Probably this. If Ezra isn't Snoke, then he's going to die.
>>
File: MKR_Shang_Tsung.png (47KB, 202x453px) Image search: [Google]
MKR_Shang_Tsung.png
47KB, 202x453px
>>91920441
>>
Del Toro is not!Lando who owns a casino and betrays Finn to the First Order. And Phasma action scene.
>>
>>91920452
Is the most likely (and if I'm entirely honest, preferred) answer
I was just answering the question of how you might bring the Mando's into the sequel trilogy
>>
File: hmmmm.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>normies love The Force Awakens and hate Rogue One
>hardcore Star Wars fans love Rogue One and hate The Force Awakens
>>
>>91920627
Force Awakens is weird dialogue and rehash.

I thought I was going to hate Rouge One but I came out of it really enjoying myself.
>>
>>91920627
Normies love both, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170428-111555.jpg (317KB, 1879x599px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170428-111555.jpg
317KB, 1879x599px
Man, they're really driving the point that Kylo is Anakin huh

>scar and long hair
>TWC Jedi armor lookalike wardrobe

And Rey is Qui-Gon I guess?
>>
>>91920716
Rey's more akin to the real Anakin. I think that's the point.
>>
>>91920627
Fuck normies. They eat the garbage the studios feed them.

It's why trash like the MCU is considered "good". TFA was like an MCU movie. Polished, but mindnumbingly uncreative to the point where it's not even worth watching.

If it wasn't for Star Wars in the title, TFA would have fallen into mediocre obscurity by now. Just like all those MCU shits.

Rogue One felt like it was made by an actual fan, for actual fans, while understanding that its also good to take risks so that your own imprint is left on the franchise.
>>
>>91920713
>Normies like anything

Thanks anon you really made the high marks this time.
>>
>>91920716
Rey is Luke
>>
>>91920713
My normie friends have been shitting on Rogue One saying it had bland characters who "didn't interact enough together".

Seems to me like they're taking vague complains about BvS and Suicide Squad and applying them to the newest "team-up" movie to sound smart.
>>
>>91920493
>If Ezra isn't Snoke

It's confirmed that Ezra isn't Snoke. Ezra is Human, Snoke is not.

>>91920276
I think it'd be better to use a grizzled old Hera with Poe at her side instead.
>>
>>91920755
The Force Awakens was a joke and with how Mark feeling unsure about the Last Jedi its only going to get worse.
>>
>>91920775
>Rouge One had flat characters

I want to die sometimes.
>>
>>91920755
It's amazing and baffling to me that a movie set immediately before Rogue One has a unique identity and is way more creative and inventive than a movie set thirty years afterwards in an all-new untapped era.
>>
>>91920784
I think Hera's future is clearer than Ezra's so seeing closure for Ezra in the ST would work better.
>>
>>91920824
>a movie set immediately before Rogue One

I fucked that up, I meant set before A New Hope.
>>
File: MoAbhN5ZEV8.jpg (125KB, 736x1105px) Image search: [Google]
MoAbhN5ZEV8.jpg
125KB, 736x1105px
>star wars
>>
>>91920627
I loved both and I'd consider myself a hardcore fan.
>>
>>91920824
You mean ANH right?
>>
>>91920875
Yeah, I had a brain malfunction.
>>
File: tumblr_op3yrf6lBX1r8kwvso1_500.jpg (89KB, 424x344px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op3yrf6lBX1r8kwvso1_500.jpg
89KB, 424x344px
>>91920716
Bigger version
>>
>>91920895
Bigger Rey
>>
>>91920914
Reey
>>
>>91920892
It's alright, bruv, happens to me too.
>>
>>91920627

I liked the book of Force Awakens, only sorta liked the movie, and I never saw Rogue One.

Is it even about Rogue Squadron?
>>
>>91920958
What are you even doing in /swco/?
>>
>>91920214
Personally if they put them in I think they should be like squads of ARC troopers or RepComs. Rare but skilled and powerful. Definitely not front line soldiers though. Tactical strikes with small groups to make breaches for a company of soldiers to make the real assault.
>>
>>91920958
>I never saw Rogue One.

>Is it even about Rogue Squadron?

Why are you here?
>>
>>91920914
Bigger forehead at least.
>>
>>91920958
>Is it even about Rogue Squadron?
You casual scum!
>>
>>91921067
She's a big girl.
>>
>>91920895
Is there a bigger version of Kylo Ren too?
>>
>>91920895
>We Jaina Solo now, only less interesting.
>>
>>91920958
You read the fucking book adaptation of TFA, but not even watched Rogue One?

The fuck are your priorities bruh?
>>
Post the dumbest SW fan theory you have ever heard in your life.
>>
>>91921232
Snoke is Windu.
>>
>>91921216

I was working 60 hour weeks when Force Awakens came out.

So I read the book before I saw the movie.

I don't know why I never bothered to see Rogue One.
>>
>>91921210
Oof, and it's fucking HARD to be less interesting than Jaina was by the end.
>>
>>91921232
That one posted earlier in the thread about the Rogue One characters being the Knights of Ren might be it. That or the sheer insistence of the "Snoke is Plagueis" crew just becoming really embarrassing at this point because it shows a sincere lack of comprehension on their part that they didn't understand the allegory and meaning of Palpatine's story and instead just heard "NEW SITH LORD THEY'LL PUT IN OTHER MOVIES" like a pack of mouthbreathing retards.
>>
>>91921232
Snoke is Vitiate
>>
>>91921232
Han Solo is Force sensitive
>>
>>91921297
And hopefully more difficult to be as poorly written. After Karen Traviss ruined her, her characterization was all over the place and awful in Fate of the Jedi. As were Han and Leia and many othe other Jedi. I will never ever not be mad at what happened to Kenth Hamner.
>>
>>91921232

Jar Jar is a Sith Lord.
>>
Any good Dengar stories, be they novels/comics?
>>
>>91921342
I believe in that theory in the sense that the Force can benefit anyone; the major coincidences aren't just coincidences. The plots of Star Wars are often very convenient in terms of who meets whom and how everything falls into place, and I believe that's where the Force comes in and kind of writes fate.
>>
all the foreshadowing with Snoke in the extra materials should be proof enough that lucasfilm isn't ashamed of him
>>
>>91921444
Tales of the Bounty Hunters
The Bounty Hunter War trilogy

And that's it.
>>
>>91921444
The Freemaker Adventures
>>
isn't it kind of retarded that all these bounty hunters are friends because they stood next to each other in ESB
>>
>>91921462
They published the Aftermath books. And Lords of the Sith which is riddled with minor errors, and I'm sure many of the other books were too that one is just fresh in my mind because I finished it two days ago. They clearly have no shame to begin with m8.
>>
>>91921484
No one likes IG-88
>>
>>91921484
Darth Maul and Darth Talon are lovers/friends because George Lucas thought they looked cute together.
>>
>>91921484
They arent.
Boba and Bossk are rivals.
Boba and Dengar hooked up only after the events of RotJ.
IG-88 gives zero fucks about squishy meatbags.
>>
File: KyloBFII.jpg (120KB, 479x318px) Image search: [Google]
KyloBFII.jpg
120KB, 479x318px
>>91921179
Here it is.

I kind of miss the scruffy look he had in TFA.
>>
>>91921541
Arent they like 130 years apart?
>>
>>91921515
I mean that Lucas story group isn't going "oh fuck jj fucked us nobody cares about snoke shit" and actually relating him to the outer regions, palp, etc
>>
>>91921484
Maybe they're all part of a bounty hunter's guild/union or some shit.
>>
>>91921572
I miss the helmet, but I like the full cape.
>>
>>91921572
I'm going to really miss his helmet.
>>
>>91921572
> that scar

JUST
>>
>>91921622
>>91921628
makes sense for him to have to ditch it to fully grow

the question is if he smashes it or snoke
>>
File: 4080581-7031236195-darth.jpg (64KB, 900x706px) Image search: [Google]
4080581-7031236195-darth.jpg
64KB, 900x706px
>>91921572
One step closer...
>>
File: rey catches the tism.gif (885KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
rey catches the tism.gif
885KB, 245x160px
>>91920627

I enjoy both while recognizing their flaws.
>>
>>91919306
You could as well ask why mooks job in every action movie ever made. I wouldn't judge spetnaz performances by how they were treated in Red Dawn.
Because "the heroes were quickly cut into pieces by superior numbers and massive firepower" doesn't make for very heroic stories, and movies like Army of Shadows aren't blockbusters.
>>
>>91921671
Snoke most likely tells him he needs to cut out all the Vader wanking and start acting like a big boy
>>
File: ooevqsVHeJ1uhzjgho2.gif (190KB, 268x332px) Image search: [Google]
ooevqsVHeJ1uhzjgho2.gif
190KB, 268x332px
>>91920797
>Mark feeling unsure about the Last Jedi its only going to get worse.

He's been wrong before.
>>
>>91921232

Snoke is Anakin's twin brother
>>
hey guys, Colin Trevorrow here. in spirit of Kylo Ren's character development his next design will be naked except for wearing Vader's moon shoes
>>
>>91921572
Accordion sleeves still look stupid
>>
>>91921587
I sure hope Rian does some heavy lifting with Snoke in TLJ because I really don't find him impressive at all.
>>
File: 149015748596024.webm (2MB, 1212x540px) Image search: [Google]
149015748596024.webm
2MB, 1212x540px
>>91921574
Only in the old canon
>>
>>91921671
He does. He immensely regrets killing his dad and is turning against his hero worship of Vader, so he smashes the helmet out of spite for himself.
>>
>>91918041
/ss/ is wrong
>>
>>91921822

We can take this further.
>>
>>91921864
That looks like a fanfilm.
>>
>>91921822
Sounds legit. Is Chris Pratt going to show up as Han Solo's Force Ghost too?
>>
>>91921902

Better, it's a porno.
>>
>>91921902
Of course it is, in a real Star Wars film the saber would have cut off the tip of her tongue.
>>
>>91921901
STOP. TURN BACK BEFORE THIS BECOMES THE NEW GERUDO LINK!
>>
>>91921930
>watching porn

craves these things a Jedi not
>>
>>91921967

From my point of view the Jedi are evil!
>>
>>91921967
My dick went to the Dark Side long ago. Once down that path you go, consume you it will!
>>
>>91921901
fuck
>>
>>91921997

THEN YOU ARE LOST!
>>
>>91919110
>>91919165
Pablo Hidalgo said he interpreted it as Rey learning a bunch of things from Kylo's mind.
>>
>>91922241
I'm not a fan of anything in a movie that has to be explained after the fact to make sense.
>>
>>91921671
Most likely him with his lightsaber. It's smoking in that picture and that's a classic Kylo move.
>>
>>91922150

This is the end for you, my master.
>>
>>91921902
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBz--oWMvWU
>>
File: 1435100662974.jpg (3KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1435100662974.jpg
3KB, 125x112px
>>91921997
>>91922318
I bet she doesn't even know who star wars is.
>>
>>91922308
I could see that happening. Snoke calls Kylo to chew him out for his fuck ups back in TFA. As soon as Snoke hangs up Kylo flies into an autistic Dark Side temper tantrum.
>>
>>91922533
I'm never not going to be bothered by his bitch fits. He's fucking 30. THIRTY. Even the most fucked-up people don't spaz out like that once they're into their third decade. And the ones that do are legitimately mentally ill, to the degree that they can't function in social settings.
>>
>>91917934
She'd just pound him harder until the whimpering and the moans turned into groaning and screams of pain.
>>
>>91921515
>Lords of the Sith which is riddled with minor errors

What is there besides Sixes?
>>
>>91922570
You know he's corrupted by the dark side, right?
>>
>>91922570
I wonder how Snoke feels about his pupil being a legit autist. Not even was as bad as this.
>>
>In Lucas' original drafts the Jedi Bendu were the most feared warriors of the Empire until the latest Emperor was so corrupt that he formed the Knights of Sith and nearly exterminated them. They originally weren't monks but warriors and generals.
>Lucas made Star Wars because he didn't like the current moral objectivity of the 70s and wanted a clear cut 'good guys fight bad guys and save the day' movie.
>Guardians of the Whills shows that the Jedi Code from the prequels wasn't the actual code the Jedi were supposed to adhere by.
>The Jedi Temple on Coruscant was built by 2 Jedi Mages and 2 Jedi Warriors.
>Luke finds out that the Jedi weren't supposed to be complete peace loving hippies, but they were intended to serve as generals in the army of the Republic to fight against evil. The Jedi are intended to kill evil people like Palpatine and Dooku, not allow these corrupt people to live and further harm innocents.
>The reason the New Republic failed is because it didn't have Jedi Generals actively defending it from the Imperial Remnant.
>Ben constantly wanted to militarize the Jedi to better fight evil but Luke always told him not to.
>After the Jedi fall again Luke finds this all out and realizes that his Jedi Order was just as much of a fuck up as the last one and that Ben was somewhat right.
>>
>>91922570
I wouldn't say a guy who goes around torturing people with the Force, idolizing his Sith Lord grandfather, helping blow up planets, hates his co-workers, and who stabs his own father to death is particularly "functional in social settings". But at any rate, I disregard anyone who tries to boil this character down to "whiny" or "bitch fits" because that's simply not true and is disingenuously reductive. Nothing at all weak about him and you misunderstand him entirely.
>>
>>91922732
My judgment of his character is that I find him annoying.
>>
>>91918717
SS was actually Pantoran
>>
>>91922686
One that stood out very blatantly to me was a part where, after Vader and Palpatine crash along with two surviving Royal Guards, they get attacked by some Rebel ships who tracked their crash vector. Vader and Palpatine use their Lightsabers to deflect the blasts and one is described as accidentally hitting one of the Royal Guards and instantly vaporizing him. The next page after the ships are downed, both Royal Guards are said to be alive and unharmed. Again, there were only two left alive to begin with, one is described as being killed violently, yet neither are dead after the brief fight.
>>
>>91916996
Snoke is the Son
>>
>>91922732
Kylo was a socially inept wannabe Sith and a hardcore Vader fanboy. I bet he'd have gone to see Rogue One on opening night and jizzed himself right in the theater
>>
>>91922713
>but they were intended to serve as generals in the army of the Republic to fight against evil

But the Jedi did serve as generals in the army of the Republic to fight against evil. And this directly led to their ruin. Furthermore, what you wrote up completely invalidates the crucial decision Luke makes in Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>91922892
This is actually something I've been thinking about lately. With the books saying Palpatine felt the presence of what he thought could be "the source of the Dark Side" with the implication that those hints are pointing at Snoke, it does sound related.
>>
>>91922851
One thing that stuck out to me was how someone gets shot in the head with a blaster and it describes it leaving a blood stain behind his head, which not only contradicts everything we've seen about blaster shots before but also doesn't make sense because a blaster shot would logically cauterize the wound.
>>
File: ea4.gif (1MB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
ea4.gif
1MB, 1200x666px
>>91919850
>he doesn't hit the megamillions every other night
>>
>>91918041
Snoke is
>>
>>91918041
What is she, /swco/?
>>
>>91920914
>>91920925
thanks for reminding me of the most retarded conspiracy theory ever
>>
RJ comes to you and tells you that Rey Solo is happening
You have the choice whether it's by birth (meaning she's secret sister of Ben) or by marriage (Reylo)
What do you choose?
>>
File: 2083631-darkseidjpg.jpg (106KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2083631-darkseidjpg.jpg
106KB, 1024x768px
>>91923109
Snoke is.
>>
Sabine is for bullying.
>>
Is there any character introduced in TFA that you legitimately like?

Or for that matter, anything introduced in TFA?
>>
>>91918041
The movies are all equally enjoyable and the EU and NuCanon are both well-beloved continuities with a lot of positives going for each of them.
>>
>>91923203
Marriage. Not even a woman or a gay, but I ship it. You never heard that from me though and I'll deny it forever if pressed. I think there's a good story there if he goes toward the light for her and her towards the dark for him to fully realize the balance. A literal Yin and Yang of the Force.
>>
>>91923255
The fat X-Wing pilot. The fat ones are best.
>>
File: hugs__by_arrival_layne-dau4wzi.jpg (126KB, 879x908px) Image search: [Google]
hugs__by_arrival_layne-dau4wzi.jpg
126KB, 879x908px
>>91923242
Sabine is for cuddling.
>>
>>91923255
Kylo Ren. Finn. Maybe Poe, but he's barely in it.
>>
>>91923301
Rey/Kylo shipping is as bad as Hermione/Snape shipping.
>>
>>91923255
Finn.
>>
>>91916393
I liked Atris but only with the context of the Exile to exist with. On her own she's basically a fascist librarian which is hilarious but not really interesting.
>>
>>91923320
You should read the Poe comic. It's underrated.
>>
>>91923312
You mean Snap Wexley from the Aftermath books?
>>
File: sabine BTFO.png (1MB, 1202x729px) Image search: [Google]
sabine BTFO.png
1MB, 1202x729px
>>91923315
>>
>>91923315
>"It is good that you have never wondered what lay beneath her armor, if her alabaster skin was as white and unblemished as her face. Or if perhaps she bore the scars of slavery... and if that would stir you more. Perhaps her deferent tone would change once you held her by the throat, and showed her how far a Jedi can fall." -Kanan "if you touch her I'll Bendu over my knee" Jarrus
>>
File: thrawn of approval.png (374KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
thrawn of approval.png
374KB, 600x645px
>>91923361

fucking kek
>>
>>91923325
Finn is the best ST character so far. He's got so much more life and energy to him than Rey or Poe.
His backstory, as we see it in TFA, is so much more thoroughly explored and compelling than anyone else's.
In the final fight with Kylo, I kind of don't give too much of a shit when Rey is fighting him. Just waiting patiently for her to get good down the road, in later films.
But Finn? When he pulls out Li'l Ani's old lightsaber and squares up to Kylo Ren, I'm right there with him. Highlight and true climax of the movie for me.
>>
File: Bc7Poy7.jpg (239KB, 911x627px) Image search: [Google]
Bc7Poy7.jpg
239KB, 911x627px
>>91923361
10/10
>>
>>91923255
>Is there any character introduced in TFA that you legitimately like?

Poe Dameron, the other pilots

>Or for that matter, anything introduced in TFA?

They all have potential. TFA's actual plot is wonky as hell in retrospect.
>>
>>91923255
Kylo Ren.
>>
File: aotctfa.png (24KB, 1330x205px) Image search: [Google]
aotctfa.png
24KB, 1330x205px
Was there ever a truer /swco/ post?
>>
>>91923315
>tfw no shorthair tomboy gf to cuddle
>>
File: 1491197368403.png (950KB, 2048x877px) Image search: [Google]
1491197368403.png
950KB, 2048x877px
>>91923852
>a truer /swco/ post
Every single hat post
>>
>>91923480
Yeah, Finn powering up the saber and facing off with Kylo is fantastic. You can just hear him telling himself, "Fuck it, I'm done running away. I'll be the hero for once, or die trying."
>>
>>91916645
Oi, Iggy-88
>>
>>91923935
Especially since we just saw him get his ass handed to him by a random stormtrooper with a baton. He knows he's hopeless with a lightsaber.
And now, here comes the fucking prince of darkness, ready to go, and what does he do?
His friend is in danger so he takes out the saber and he has a go.
Finn is a bro and he's next-level plucky. Seriously one of the few moments in TFA that got an emotional response from me.
>>
the fact that finn has the cool fancy planet plot and all of reys scenes will be carried by finn is proof enough that tlj will be good
>>
>>91924028
*carried by Luke
>>
>>91923480
I wish Finn was the Jedi in the ST. I know the trailers baited a lot with that idea
>>
was it just me or did Hans character kind of go to shit after ANH?
>>
>>91924079
if bdt is ezra he may get his saber
>>
File: harrison ford nun.png (515KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
harrison ford nun.png
515KB, 480x670px
>>91924087

Ford was aware of this, which is why we he gets a solid role in ESB.

Hamill has a funny anecdote about going to meet Harrison at a bar and discovering Ford was re-writing his dialog and Mark was like "You can DO that?"
>>
File: wpid-wp-1447140341439.jpg (50KB, 1170x797px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-wp-1447140341439.jpg
50KB, 1170x797px
>>91924028
We live in hope, anon.
Honestly he's the only returning-OT character I'm actually excited to see more of.
Sure, I'm curious about finding out more about Rey and Snoke and Kylo Ren. But curiosity is different from caring about a character. Finn is the only one with a story and a journey that actually made me give a damn about it.
>>
>>91924087
He's great in ESB, but Ford had a point about wanting him to die in RotJ to give his character meaning since he felt like his entire character arc ended with saving Luke at the end of ANH.
>>
>>91924152
>solid role

he's never as good as he is in anh while leia and Luke get better
>>
File: get.gif (2MB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
get.gif
2MB, 500x451px
>>91924079
>>91923480

Oscar Isaac does more with his fifteen minutes as Poe than any other secondary character.
>>
>>91924169
that's because Finns story doesn't need another movie to complete it
>>
File: harrison ford rocker.png (711KB, 600x856px) Image search: [Google]
harrison ford rocker.png
711KB, 600x856px
>>91924207

He gets to grow as a character in ESB. Lando represents the man he was. By RotJ though he's go nothing else to do.
>>
>>91924209
Oh sure, there's no denying that Poe is memorable or Isaac is charismatic as hell in the role. But there's so little there to work with.
Poe is quippy-man with the wicked quips. And he flies an X-Wing. Apart from that? There's not much.
It's telling that he was originally going to die in the TIE crash on Jakku. I get the feeling that the great job the actor did with the part was what kept him in the franchise.
But where else can you take this character? What else can you do with him? I dunno. Unless they give him some compelling backstory or major drama I can't him going anywhere.
>>
Guys, help me out.

I was making plans for my annual SW marathon and came across a small conundrum.

Should I include Rogue One?

On one hand, it is a spinoff, an anthology movie. It does not contribute to the main overarching storyline of the Saga: the Jedi, the Sith, the Force and the Skywalker family. This is the reason I also never included The Clone Wars movie.

However, TCW also was utter shit just like most of the animated series so I never gave it a second thought.

But I do remember RO being goddamn great. And it made me appreciate A New Hope a lot more when I saw at how high a cost did Rebellion get the Death Star plans, so it does contribute to the Saga in an indirect way.

What should I do?
>>
>>91924337
If you're watching in chronological order, you might as well include it because it bridges the gap very well.
>>
>>91924079
I've watched TFA many times, and I am quite certain he is Force sensitive. He "awakens" from his mental Stormtrooper conditioning in the beginning of the film when his squadmate dies in front of him, yet none of the others break out of it. He is frequently very lucky throughout the film, uncannily so, starting with surviving the TIE Fighter crash and being good enough with gunning in the Millenium Falcon and TIE to shoot down missiles and pursuing fighters, including after the gun breaks on the Falcon. When Hosnian Prime is destroyed, he seems to feel it much like Obi-Wan felt Alderaan and in that scene when he looks up and sees it you can sort of hear a bunch of quiet screaming. His fight with Kylo Ren isn't as short and one sided as it should be if here were just a regular dude too. I think the seeds are there and I think he will be trained eventually as well.
>>
ok here's something that confuses me (and a lot of this info comes from MSW, but based on how spot on he was about Kylo's outfit, Crait, the new walkers etc I'm going to believe him here)

>new stormtroopers with electric axes
>Phasma has a bigger role and has a spear at some point
>Snoke's guard have weird weapons (lol nunchucks) and an action scene
>Knights and Kylo fight Luke and Rey

A LOT of characters now have melee weapons, and considering that Luke doesn't use his saber on the Knights even though he schools them I'm wondering how Finn is going to fight them

I think a lot of this is pointing towards BDT being a jedi of some sort because we know he goes with Finn, Rose and BB8 after Canto Bight and the last place we know of where Finn goes to is Snoke's ship

Is Rey supposed to fight ALL of these people or will Finn (or someone he's with hint hint) go toe to toe with them?
>>
File: 1422328524605.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1422328524605.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>>91923935
>"That lightsaber. It belongs to me.
>"Come get it!"

His first proper lightsaber battle ended with him getting throw on his ass.
He's going up against someone who could curbstomp him into oblivion even after taking a plasma grenade launcher thing gun to the gut.
And he still refuses to go down without a fight.

Finn really is the best thing in TFA by far.
>>
A very minor complaint I have about Rogue One that I'm pretty sure nobody else cares about.

When they showed Leia at the end it should have played a bit of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtkuZbcZORE

instead of the Force theme.
>>
>>91924402
not to mention his plot in TLJ is him investigating a casino planet and then going on a spy mission on a star destroyer
>>
>>91924337
I've been wondering myself in what order should someone view the films for the first time with that in there now. Start with it and then do the OT or watch 4-6, 1-3, 7, and then Rogue One?
>>
>>91924445
tfw best character becomes James Bond in space.
Cautious optimism abounds!
>>
>>91924447
The very first time? Always go with the release order. The new aclytes should experience it the same way the rest of the word did.
>>
>>91924263
The Mystery box totally hampered Rey and Kylo. They are interesting characters in their own right. Rey has her delusion, broken psyche and a weakness for overconfident impulse decisions and agressivity and Kylo is insecure, zealous and with troubled conscience... both have their own arcs they went through in the first movie and both are on an interesting trajectory going into the sequel (Rey leaving her whole world behind and pursuing a destiny she never asked for and Kylo having to come to terms with the dark side being a dead end for him).

The problem is that so much of their backstory is deliberately obscured for the sake of generating a pointless carrot on a stick sequel tease. They aren't allowed to be complete characters in the way Finn does. Any discussion about Rey is just bound to hit the wall of the parentage question and Kylo's true motivations are left to anyone's guess. They are reduced to an enigma, a puzzle to be solved, instead of being let free in a confident story.
>>
File: Last-Jedi-Finn.jpg (95KB, 1240x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Last-Jedi-Finn.jpg
95KB, 1240x1240px
>>91924507
get hype
>>
>>91924447
Release order or 4>5>1>2>3>6>whatever
Only two options worth considering.
>>
>>91923321

That's a pretty dank meme.
>>
>>91924543
What the fuck is that nose?
>>
>>91924543

what kind of monstrosity is that nose
>>
>>91924577
>>91924586
finn gets his nose chewed off by rose in the finale
>>
>>91924577
>>91924586
That's racist
>>
File: IMG_3476.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3476.png
1MB, 1920x816px
Hell, and I thought the Mortis arc was trippy...

So does this mean that Qui Gonn used to secretly sneak out to this weird planet to learn how to become a ghost for quite some time before his death, and never told anyone until like 12 years later?

Also, so the Jedi eventually knew their clones came from Dooku, and that they had suspicious implants that Kaminoans failed to mention before, and Fives warned them about a conspiracy earlier, and still rolled with it?
>>
>Luke and Rey and Kylo and Knights on Ach-To
>Poe and Laura Dern stuck on Crait doing military stuff

>MEANWHILE Finn, Rose, BB-8 go on planet quest to save BDT and then have to come back and bail everyones asses

everyone else got the short end of the stick
>>
>>91924521
This anon speaks truth.
There's little enough I can add to this, apart from saying that, for me at least, the way they are dangled in front of the audience as an intriguing enigma seems so... routine.
Watching TFA and feeling all the familiar New Hope beats go by like a checklist being ticked off, I think a lot of us knew right off the bat that none of this would get resolved until the next film, and that we'd get an 'x is y's father' moment or two then.
Kinda made me shut down and not get my hopes up when it came to those characters. I put my emotional investment in them on hold.
>>
>>91924402
Yeah. Dude struggled but still he got his ass kicked. Gotta respect him for actually trying to fight a force using school shooter. Rey just hears ''The Fawce'' and becomes a Jedi master who saves the day.
>>
>>91924653
>Laura
>Rose
Did they add these characters to stop all the Finn/Poe shipping.
>>
>>91924447
For the new generation chronological order is best all around. Everyone universally knows Vader is evil and a bad guy, its just as surprising when your main good guy becomes the main bad guy you've heard so much about. Nearly everyone knows the "I am your father" line as well.
>>
>>91924744
Rose to give Finn someone to talk to besides BB8 until they save BDT and maybe a love interest (but if anyone is a FO traitor its going to be her)

Dern is Admiral Holdo who is the NR leader now and fights with Poe on what to do after Leia bites it or gets kidnapped

I think she and Kylo meet at least once before she dies though as he finds out where Luke is
>>
>>91919420
>there were maybe a few lines from C3PO (A not really important character) that were supposed to serve as comic relief and that's it
>I'd rather kiss a Wookiee
>Yoda beating R2 over the head with a stick because he won't share his space trail mix
Nevermind it's more than a few lines, it's basically all Chewie and Threepio do for the last act is yakkety-saxing around with his mangled body
>>
>>91924337
>I was making plans for my annual SW marathon and came across a small conundrum.
>Should I include Rogue One?
Yes

>utter shit
>most of the animated series
You have shit taste
>>
>>91918233

Yeah, but we've seen mind tricks fail before.

In the movies, Qui-Gon pulls it off on Boss Nass, Obi-Wan succeeds against the stormtrooper, and then Luke manages it against Bib Fortuna. All of them are trained Jedi before we see them even attempting it.

When we see Ahsoka attempting it on that Trandoshan in The Clone Wars, it didn't last long. He broke it right after he did what she told him to. Ezra was shooting off crazy huge accidental Force pushes in season 1, but every time he's tried a mind trick it's failed miserably.

And yet Rey fumbles her way into a perfect success without any training. How does she even know that the Jedi mind trick is a thing? Luke didn't know about it until he saw Obi-Wan do it.
>>
>>91924918
Qui-Gon also failed it on Watto since his Jew species is immune to mind control.
>>
>>91924918
>And yet Rey fumbles her way into a perfect success without any training. How does she even know that the Jedi mind trick is a thing?

MYSTERY

BOX
>>
File: zoidberg.png (18KB, 548x420px) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg.png
18KB, 548x420px
>>91924609
>That's racist

That's zoidberg!
>>
>>91924204
which is why his death in TFA was so obvious.

ford would never come back unless they told him they were killing solo off
>>
>>91924918
>>91924991
Easy. She's already been trained but had her memories wiped like Revan. As she begins to get reconnected to the Force her memories will start to come back, allowing her to subconsciously know how to do things she once had training in.
>>
>>91924337
>TCW also was utter shit just like most of the animated series

if you mean most TCW is shit, i kinda agree. i'm trying to get through it now and i'm so fucking sick of the padme politics episodes. just show me more clones/anakin episodes, fuck.

rebels is great though
>>
>>91924521
I disagree on this with Kylo. We know enough and can glean enough that we don't need more details on his past in the very first movie. It's fine for some things to remain a mystery for tension. After all, he's not the protagonist.

With Rey, it does hamper her though. All people care about with her is what OT character may or may not have popped her out and nobody gives a damn about where she might go in the next movie. That's the fault of the mystery box.

The idea of Finn being a good and complete character is a meme. It's easy to complete a storyline when you didn't make a character's backstory that should complicate their reactions and interactions actually matter. They skipped over everything difficult and worthwhile with Finn and made him the part audience insert, part comic relief.
>>
>>91925145
>The idea of Finn being a good and complete character is a meme. It's easy to complete a storyline when you didn't make a character's backstory that should complicate their reactions and interactions actually matter. They skipped over everything difficult and worthwhile with Finn and made him the part audience insert, part comic relief.

except he has fine development for a deuteragonist in part 1 of a 3part mega movie
>>
>>91919420
>We don't have time to discuss this with the committee
>I AM NOT A COMMITTEE
>>
>>91925229
Their glossing over of his backstory having any effect on his characterization is unforgivable. Unless they fix it big time in VIII, it'll always ruin the character. Too late anyways. He already became a bumbling nice guy in two seconds in TFA.
>>
File: 1493042192536.jpg (73KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493042192536.jpg
73KB, 1500x500px
>we probably won't get Kylo Ren shouting 'what would you know about the dark side' to ghost Anakin
>we probably won't get an exploration into how he was manipulated into idolizing Darth Vader
>we probably won't get Anakin roasting Ren
>>
>>91925145
Totally agree with the Ren/Rey stuff.
Regarding Finn, he did have to share screentime with a fair amount of fan favourites and new protagonists/antagonists. I think we got enough of an arc for him for that movie. We saw him escaping a bad situation and trying to figure out what 'step one' of his new life would be: join the resistance or go and lead a quiet life far away from it all.
It opens up the potential for exploring the complications and implications of his desision, as well as getting into the personal toll it took, in the next movie, which, of course, is traditionally the darkest and dwells the most on character and drama.
I think it's the reverse of the problems with, say Rey, as you laid them out. An origin laid out with the potential for the drama and reflection to come down the road.
>>
>>91925276
>finn sees the horrors of war
>decides to become a doctor, because he can't find it in himself to hurt someone, especially not those he used to serve next to
>spends his time helping people

That would be a good way to deal with him
>>
>>91925303
My point is that Finn's story would be fine IF he was just some rando who got caught up in something he shouldn't and not a Stormtrooper brainwashed from infancy. His characterization and arc doesn't work with that backstory.
>>
>>91925289
all I want is hayden
>>
>>91925289
I feel your pain, friend.
Instead we'll have to make do with shittily-edited YT videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAS6VIo-hH0
>>
>>91925325
I think they needed more time to hammer home the horrors of war thing. It should have taken him longer to break out of his brainwashing and care about the Resistance or the people in it. Doing it through personal connections to people like Rey and Poe makes sense, but it should have taken longer than this. He should have been looking at and reacting to things strangely or somewhat nonchalantly instead of whooping over the Resistance kicking First Order ass, etc.
>>
>>91925093
she was 5 when she was placed on jakku
>>
>>91925370
What are you going to do, scream when that's retconed into being false?
>>
>>91925289
>we probably won't get Kylo Ren shouting 'what would you know about the dark side' to ghost Anakin

>Mustafar is confirmed for sometime in the ST and Hayden is the only one of the prequel actors to still be fucking around with Star Wars
>>
>>91925388
It won't be. The easiest and obvious answer is that she didn't have any fucking training that was mindwiped away.

Rey is just super strong and naturally talented. People waiting for some big explanation from her past have got to let it go already.
>>
>>91925417
I just want Obi-Wan busting Anakins balls about his vaderboo grandson
>>
File: IMG_0122.jpg (391KB, 1500x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0122.jpg
391KB, 1500x731px
>>91922713
>ywn watch The Adventures of Starkiller, Episode 1: The Star Wars in theaters
>>
>>91925420
>character consistently says "I'm no one"

>ACTUALLY thinks they'll play it straight that she's no one

this is filmmaking 101. you're a tard
>>
>>91925338
Do you mean that somebody brainwashed from birth should have struggled harder to break the programming? Maybe struggled more with an itchy trigger-finger any time he saw Leia, or a resistance jacket or symbol, for instance?
I can buy that as an objection. But, again, I think it comes down to time concerns. Sure, I'd have liked it if we got a few moments like that in TFA. Would've helped his character. But I think it can be remedied by having it explored down the road.
And maybe the brainwashing isn't all that. That'd be a good way to have Finn leading a stormtrooper revolt or something. Could make for a fun arc.
Hell, maybe Hux really should have used a clone army, after all!
>>
>>91924645
>and still rolled with it?
What would you have them do anon? The Jedi still didn't want the droids and Dooku to take over the galaxy. With no clones, they had no army and wouldn't have been able to stop him on their own.
>>
File: WUT.jpg (338KB, 1024x1356px) Image search: [Google]
WUT.jpg
338KB, 1024x1356px
>>91925539
>that webm
>>
>>91925539
>>91925460
I mean that if you're waiting for them to give you some reason that all her stuff in TFA makes sense and explains them fully, it's not going to happen. Even strong lineages need practice to do these things.
>>
>>91925539
They have odd reactions to her because she's so awesome and they love her immediately. If you're suggesting Han or Leia or Kylo knows her from the past, you're wrong.
>>
File: IMG_20170424_012857-1.jpg (212KB, 616x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_012857-1.jpg
212KB, 616x653px
>>91925539
That webm
>>
>>91925615
link me the canon DnD star wars rulebook that says you have to be level 25 to use a jedi mindtrick
>>
File: 1459348415469.jpg (22KB, 553x380px) Image search: [Google]
1459348415469.jpg
22KB, 553x380px
>>91925539
>webm
What the fuck anon.
>>
>>91925539
2 girls 1 cup ain't got shit on that webm
>>
>>91925715
>>91925688
>>91925650
>>91925599
What was it?
>>
I'm really hoping that there was someone like that old guy who revered the jedi watching over Rey for all those years. Just enough to tell her about the jedi and shit like that.
>>
>>91925781
Japanese vomit porn.
>>
File: ObiGeonosisCap_zpsd28118d1.jpg (118KB, 443x300px) Image search: [Google]
ObiGeonosisCap_zpsd28118d1.jpg
118KB, 443x300px
>>91925781
Uncivilized
>>
File: 1490161362822.jpg (617KB, 1920x834px) Image search: [Google]
1490161362822.jpg
617KB, 1920x834px
>>91925808
what the fuck.
>>
>>91925790
I wanna know what version of events she's heard. I want to know what 'myths' she's been told about Luke, and how the events of ROTJ got twisted and warped and exaggerated into fable.
>>
>>91925880
11/10 reaction image.
My sides!
>>
So I've been lurking for some time...
And is this the main place to talk star wars in general on 4chan?
Because /tv/ doesn't have star wars general, and besides it's more /pol/ than /tv/ these days.
>>
>>91925902

LUKE SKYWALKER SINGLE HANDEDLY DESTROYED THE DEATH STAR BY POINTING HIS FINGER AT IT AND SAYING "BANG".
>>
>>91925967
Certainly if you're into canon (whether old or new) beyond the films.
/tg/ can be a good place to talk about it sometimes, too, in my experience, but it's heavily dependant on how into the various roleplaying/tabletop games you are.
>>
>>91925976
>Lando gets no recognition
>As usual
Poor fucker.
>>
>>91925976
LEIA GOT COMPLETELY NAKED I MEAN YOU COULD SEE EVERYTHING AND SHE BONED A KIND OF FAT... SNAKE...DUDE OR SOMETHING I DUNNO IT WAS TOTALLY SICK BUT SUPER HOT IN LIKE A GUILTY WAY
>>
>>91926011
Hmm, there is a star wars general there, though it's way less frequented than this thread.
To be honest I never particularily was into canon, though I'm slowly starting to get into it.
>>
File: anger.png (202KB, 326x526px) Image search: [Google]
anger.png
202KB, 326x526px
>>91924337
>TCW also was utter shit
>>
>>91925572
Become more cautious, launch an intensive investigation into the Kaminoans and what exactly are they putting into the clones, make capturing Dooku for interrogation their priority, etc.
>>
>>91916393
r8 my jango impression /swco/
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0G6uxgnNRKq
>>
File: suvAMuY.jpg (1MB, 1592x2556px) Image search: [Google]
suvAMuY.jpg
1MB, 1592x2556px
>>91926172
Discussion here tends to skew towards The Clone Wars/Rebels a fair amount, and by far and away most of the posters here are canon-inclined.
That said, if you're looking to get into canon and the expanded universe this is the place to come for discussions.
But in general, at least in my experience, this is definitely the place for star wars chatter on 4chan. Even if you're just into the films. /pol/tards don't have as much as a foothold here, and if you can put up with some of the regulars (watch out for /ss/-anon, I'm sure you'll meet him soon enough) you'll find this is the place to be.
Here's the guide to Clone Wars if you're thinking of getting into it. I'm obliged to give this to you as part of the /swco/ welcome package.
>>
>>91923910
>tarkins fucking huge ass sheriff hat
>>
>>91926393
>muh /pol/ boogyman
Fuck right off
>>
File: 1473440535858.gif (45KB, 165x180px) Image search: [Google]
1473440535858.gif
45KB, 165x180px
>>91926412
>instantly triggered
yikes
>>
why is Mark so bitter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0IR6fJlV0
>>
>>91926444
>dude out of context clips lmao
>>
>>91926292
bretty gud anon
>>
>>91926444
>/tv/ thread from earlier
>>
File: 1492228434031.png (227KB, 545x409px) Image search: [Google]
1492228434031.png
227KB, 545x409px
>>91926394
>>
>>91926444
He's opinionated and he cares deeply about the character.
He doesn't toe the line and speaks his mind.
Mark is a bro.
>>
File: BIG2.png (2MB, 1920x819px) Image search: [Google]
BIG2.png
2MB, 1920x819px
>>91926394
>>
>>91926592
fucking kek does anyone have the one at the moffrence table?
>>
>>91926614
>everyones wearing a hat but Krennic
Tarkin probably took Krennic's hat and his chair too
>>
>>91926592
We need an edit of the Death Star with Tarkin's hat.
>>
>>91926662
How will Krennic ever recover?
>>
>>91926614
>tfw Krennic will never have a seat at the table
>tfw it was my achievement, not yours
>tfw no-one told me about silly hat friday
>I'm gonna rat you all out to lord vader then you'll be sorry you'll see he'll tell the emperor you're all homos
>>
>>91926651
krennic is also sunburnt because he forgot his hat
>>
>>91926614
>>91926651
>fucking tarkin thats my chair
>and my hat too
>this seat im in was for galen
>this death star is my achivement this is my meeting room why isnt anyone listening to me
>im way better then any of these idiots look at my fly ass cape
>i miss u galen
>my feet hurt
>>
>>91926614
>the seat near Tarkin is empty in the original ANH
>it was Krennic's seat all along
Deepest Lore
>>
>>91923852
I would say that's about right.
And the reason I don't like TFA is the same reason I don't like Mad Max Fury Road.
Well made movies with good action, actors etc.
But the story's not there.
And for me it's kind of obvius:
Why am I supposed to care if you direct oscar winning performances, you nail the cinematography, you have perfect realistic effects, if ultimately the story is about poo in the loo. Those are only techinques, tools.
Not to mention, even more importantly, the mythlogy of star wars, a thing that sets this universe apart from every other sci fi franchises ever created, doesn't get the treatment it deserves.
>>
File: tarkin star.png (1MB, 1343x1343px) Image search: [Google]
tarkin star.png
1MB, 1343x1343px
>>91926662
>>
>>91925539
You suck motherfucker
>>
File: tumblr_nu5vfyNzDq1qdt6e2o6_1280.jpg (66KB, 721x481px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu5vfyNzDq1qdt6e2o6_1280.jpg
66KB, 721x481px
>>91926886
>I don't like Mad Max Fury Road.
>the story's not there.
>>
>>91926964
I mean... I genuinely don't understand the love this movie gets.
It was literally about a road trip, with one emotional moment I didn't care about, and nice explosions.
Don't get me wrong, explosions are fun and all that, but... I've seen thousands of explosions in films.
It gets kind of boring after a while, especially if the explosions are literally the main selling point of the movie.
>>
>>91926918
How many geonosians worked themselves to death to make this?
>>
>>91926918
Glorious! Thank you.

Krennic's face when he sees that would be priceless.
>>
File: 1485567077165.jpg (98KB, 877x651px) Image search: [Google]
1485567077165.jpg
98KB, 877x651px
>>91926918
>>
>>91926918
>hat_day_at_the_death_star.jpg
>>
>>91927084
Many geonosians died to bring us this hat...
>>
File: 379126_full.jpg (87KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
379126_full.jpg
87KB, 1000x667px
>>91927135
Nobody waifus Mon Mothma even though her (current) actress is a total qt.
Seems unfair.
>>
File: tumblr_nu5vfyNzDq1qdt6e2o3_1280.jpg (110KB, 721x481px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu5vfyNzDq1qdt6e2o3_1280.jpg
110KB, 721x481px
>>91927064

The explosions aren't the selling point, it's that Max is a POV character for Furiosa and the Brides' escape from slavery.
>>
File: REALLY.jpg (104KB, 1920x802px) Image search: [Google]
REALLY.jpg
104KB, 1920x802px
>>91926918
>>
>>91927195
more waifuing for you anon
>>
>>91927195
Honestly, she was the first SW female to get my attention. Just not in a waifu kind of way.

I remember reading about her in the books, but I had the wrong idea appearance-wise. Hell, even her original actress was pretty cute in a mature way.
>>
>>91926918
Many Bothans died for this.
>>
Hey guys, I'm finally on my two weeks vacation from janitor duty on Scarif. I know it sounds cushy but that sand bullshit gets EVERYWHERE and I'm the one to fix it.
I'm taking a trip to the holy city of Jedha and meeting with family on Alderaan.

Any tips on travel while I have my two weeks?
>>
>>91927210
I mean if you found that story interestingm that's great.
It's just that I heard many people who loved the movie admit that the story is non existent, or just shitty, but they still loved it.
And that I can't understand.
>>
File: 1471638575036.png (152KB, 540x478px) Image search: [Google]
1471638575036.png
152KB, 540x478px
>>91927319
An awesome cape is recommended
>>
>>91927319
>Alderaan
Yeeeeaaahhh, you might wanna stay away from this big boy a little while.
>>
>>91927195
The original Mon Mothma always reminded me of my mom. No thanks.
>>
>>91927319
Watch out for those Guardians of the Whills, especially the blind one. They're con artists.
>>
>>91927319
You seem like a decent sort. Maybe check out the volcanic wonders of Mustafar. I imagine a planet so hot that sand literally melts might appeal to someone like you.
>>
File: (You).png (1MB, 1180x1000px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
1MB, 1180x1000px
>>91926393
>posting bad viewing guide
>>
>>91927514
>Dark Side points added
>>
File: FuTVCykc_400x400.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FuTVCykc_400x400.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>its a Jar Jar Abrams video
>>
>>91927336
>>91927210
Not him, but, Mad Max movies aren't really about characters or drama, or even plot per se (apart from the first one sorta, but that's an anomaly)
There much more about the strange, bleak tone and fascinatingly fucked up societies they show.
Hell, Max spends most of 2 just looking at this weird encampment through binoculars.
Not every movie can get away with that kind of thing, but Mad Max is special.
>>
>>91924543
That reminds me of the noses I would draw when I was 5 years old.
>>
>>91927612
>This again
For helping newbies and normies get into the show, there's none finer.
>>
>>91927970
Five-year-old you must've seen some fucked-up shit.
>>
>>91927989
None that exists, but one could easily be made that is far better
>>
File: 1468035163123.png (1MB, 788x2352px) Image search: [Google]
1468035163123.png
1MB, 788x2352px
>>91928123
You mean this one?
>>
>>91927989
If they don't like the show then don't make them watch it.
This is no different from people telling people to watch Star Wars but to skip the prequels.
If you do want to give people a taste for the show then just recommend the best episode or arc, then they'll decide if they like it or not.
>>
>>91928123
We'll never get a consensus on the 'best' episodes. That's too much a matter of personal taste. But in terms of highlighting the recurring and important themes and arcs of the show, I think it does a fine job.
'Honorable mentions' are there to point you in the direction of the hidden gems. Like the fucking Zillo Beast, where Sheev unleashes a kaiju on coruscant and rides around on R2. Not essential to the show, but still a whale of a good time. Other guides leave them out.
>>
>>91928025
I was six when I saw Alien for the first time. It scared and confused the shit out of me
>>
>>91928258
>just recommend the best episode or arc, then they'll decide if they like it or not.
Isn't this precisely what this does, in essence?
>>
>>91928373
I just think it's too much. The guide looks like it's telling people to watch only half the show and skip the rest. People have complained in the past about using this guide and how it ruined the experience for them because they missed out episodes that were crucial to the story.
If you just recommend one good episode or arc then they won't be missing out much.
>>
>>91928236
That one needs to be formatted better
>>
>>91928331
Aaay, another one! Me too. I've never fully recovered.
Around the same age I first watched Star Wars, as well Slave Leia confused the shit out of me then, too
>>
>>91928307
>But in terms of highlighting the recurring and important themes and arcs of the show, I think it does a fine job.
It really doesn't. The honorable mention shouldn't exist and should just be part of the episodes that it recommends.
>>
>>91928506
I can see what you mean, certainly. A lot of the objection comes from the title 'so you want to watch TCW but can't be bothered to see it all' implies they're going to skip over lots of it.
Instead, I think it should be treated as a representative cross-section. People get to see what they can expect from the show, just as you suggest.
>Hey, Mandos, I love those guys!
>Hey, Maul, I love that guy!
>Hey, Sheev-scheming, I love that guy!
People get a sense of what's in store and if they like it, they watch it, and if it's not for them, they won't watch it anyway.
Thread posts: 561
Thread images: 108

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.