[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emara is completely creatively bankrupt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

File: 1488gasthekikesracewarnow.png (167KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1488gasthekikesracewarnow.png
167KB, 500x262px
https://deadstockparadise.wordpress.com/2017/04/28/emara-emirates-hero-art-copying-masterpost/

:^)
>>
Also Mishalover in the last thread was all THAT GUYS NOT A STAFFER. The point is he lied as he admitted in an earlier post he did.
>>
So, some shit some dude is doing for free on youtube is a bunch of eyeballed animation? The post even points out the dude didn't trace. I don't get what the issue is. It's not the greatest shit in the world, but it's not the Nutshack. Is the artist an asshole? I didn't read the screencaps of what I assume are twitter posts.
>>
>>91912599

It's actually a cartoon by a studio that it's gonna air on TV

They stole entire storyboards, it's not just frames that look similar. Almost every segment of that OP has been called out and the studio has been calling anyone who shares those articles from that blog and catsuka and others racists.

The first tried to justify it as tribute to anime they liked but when more obscure anime and western animators were found "referenced" there they went damage control.
>>
>>91912645
There's no justification of this shit at all
>>
>>91912857

I believe no one here said that
>>
>>91912464
>Didn't even bother to copy the tits part of the Cutie Honey OP
Confirmed sh-
>Arab Emirates
So why are they getting up in arms about something that'll not air anywhere else?
>>
>>91913037

It will, the studio even said it was about showing off arab emirates to the world or some shit
>>
>>91913060
Pff, 'k. I'm sure some girl in a not!Saiyaman outfit will convince people the Emirates aren't just gilden shitholes.
>>
File: 1415341964371.jpg (18KB, 447x495px) Image search: [Google]
1415341964371.jpg
18KB, 447x495px
>literally just watched the Emara OP
>oh neat it's cool to see something from the middle east that isn't a terrorist attack
>mfw this

It was a nice thought for those five minutes I guess
>>
Damn I didn't even recognize the Lupin one, and the Kairos one is pretty damning.
>>
>>91913095
And here I thought the Chinese were the kings of bootleg.
>>
That's just awful.

It pisses me off even more that they are actually playing the race card as a defense. Like, immediately they used it. Didn't place it in defense mode or face down they straight up special summoned on their first turn.
>>
File: 1493358948216.png (544KB, 390x1297px) Image search: [Google]
1493358948216.png
544KB, 390x1297px
If ur lazy.
>>
Not sure if this is in OP's link but here ya go.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jgGwFQUsAR4
>>
>>91913092
Don't lie you'd kill for more of the Great Saiyaman, and besides it's essentially the UAE military officer uniform
>>
>>91913225

That's pretty blatant
>>
>>91913233

Looks like we need an updated version of this
>>
>>91913233
My blog post covers way more but thanks for the gun thing
>>
>>91913297

Contact that dude and help him/her make an updated version.

Emara should not get away with what it's doing.
>>
I think we can all agree that headscarf MILF is hot af tho
>>
>>91913333

agree
>>
>>91913333
Looks like Marco's mom from Star Vs., so yes.
>>
>>91912464

That was actually pretty enlightening.

Too bad. I enjoyed the designs, and cultural appropriation is actually a good thing. But the degree of plagiarism here and the staff's response to being called out are enough to drive me away from this.
>>
>>91913458
>and cultural appropriation

what does this have to do with anything in this thread
>>
Doesn't Steven and the Jems rip off Evangelion all the time?
>>
>>91913460

You mean aside from middle eastern animators borrowing heavily from Japanese anime?
>>
>>91913327
Just thumbs up my comment on the video with the blog link so it's on top; private messages on Youtube are practically invisible
>>
>>91913458
>response to being called out
What response?
>>
these guys are so proud of their work they have yet to tweet it to the animators, many of them use twitter
>>
>>91913473
Read the blog, I already addressed these "cartoons dedicated very brief scenes in an episode to referencing a super popular anime, therefore it's ok to copy lesser known material like a non-licensed Gainax anime and a very obscure online animated commercial for a French comic in your INTRO, the sequence that's meant to represent the entire series made for a country that never had most of those shows officially licensed". Steven Universe's intro doesn't have stolen drawings and besides, if you look closely only two of the Steven Universe Utena fight shots are direct references and none of them are as shamelessly copied as the OP drawing
>>
>>91913615
But the cartoon in the op is more enjoyable than Steven Universe.

Also
>blog
>>
>ITT: one man is angry about a cartoon made in fucking Dubai ripping off his precious animes
>>
>>91913634
Not that guy but plagiarism is bullshit, and so is condoning plagiarism with indifference.

Nick Simmons got raked over the coals for ripping off Bleach, and rightfully so. Same case here, I don't care where these thieves happen to live.
>>
>>91913668
>Nick Simmons
Who
>>
>>91913670
Gene Simmons' son
>>
>>91913692
Yeah I googled him and did an ounce of independent research for once in my fucking life, and wow this looks fucking retarded. He should totally be racked over the coals, not for whatever dumb plagiarism stunt he pulled but for his absolutely shit comic.
>>
>>91913668
People just think it's OK cuz muh Muslims. Infantilization of other cultures, racism in the name of anti racism. Also this is getting mad traction with dumb Western animators, the studio for The Reward will already do animation for them and many others are shilling it
>>
File: 1452532141906.gif (2MB, 270x138px) Image search: [Google]
1452532141906.gif
2MB, 270x138px
>>91913473
We'll be here all day fighting over what constitutes as homage over plagiarism. Some cases are completely obvious in regards to others.

I think that if you pepper in homages creatively within the full body of work that contributes to, rather than relies on, pushing the visual narrative then I think you're safe. Since the promo in OP's post is considered to be a presentation what the core of the show will look like, having nothing but exact frame-for-frame 'homages' pretty much indicates for the how the rest of the show will be and comes off as highly derivative. It also could imply a lack of technical skill as well.

Idk. I remember a lot of back and forth that was had on /co/ when GTLAS had a frame for frame reference to Gurren Lagann, and the new TMNT to an anime fight scene. If someone has the gifs post em.
>>
>>91913668
I agree, Zack Snyder should be dragged over coals too for this crap
>>
File: my sides.png (229KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
my sides.png
229KB, 460x360px
>>91912464
Haha oh wow, those racism deflections.

>I'm Arab, criticizing anything I do is racist!
>Whitey is just trying to keep me down!
>>
>>91913208
A lot of countries are bootleg paradise. All it takes is to have relatively little American influence plus a government who doesn't give a shit about copyright. China is just the most famous example.
>>
>>91913783
It's scary how well they learned to parrot the SJW rethoric, sans the broken english.
>>
I don't think it's plagiarism, it's more like Sonichu or Chinese bootlegs, people with no culture of art nor creativity that copying things is how it's done.
>>
>>91913799
it's more of the other way around.
Arab countries access to the internet eploded in the past 5 years, and sjw thought they were talking to their friends when the whole "if you hate my belief you are fat with a hat". They just didn't get the religion they were defending was islam and not american Jesus.
>>
>>91913819

Normally I would agree with you, but it's not going to air in just Arab countries.
>>
File: Nipponplagiarism.gif (2MB, 256x288px) Image search: [Google]
Nipponplagiarism.gif
2MB, 256x288px
>>91912464

Not defending it but its a more standard practice than you think. Animu has been doing that shit for decades.
>>
>>91913819
Oh shut up, a bunch of Twitter Arabs agreed with me
>>
>>91913799

Chinese students in US universities tried to ban Dalai Lama from speaking by using the "muh hurt feelings"-rhetoric.
>>
What puzzles me is why would they plagiarise Cutey Honey lesbian OAV among anything?
Did they just throw money at a foreign studio to make it?
>>
>>91913868
Those 2 sequences are copying an iconic bruce lee movie.
Try again.
>>
>>91913868
Your Naruto example is widely recognized as plagiarism. No one defends that.

Anime usually does it the same way American cartoons do it, popular shows and if it's a really close reference it's a VERY quick like the Akira motorbike scene.

Or visual cliches pop up, like the running shots or the flat horizontal shot with the characters & giant monsters from the DBZ OP that One Piece and whatnot was inspired by. But those are not copied to the extent of a lot of these; it's just the core idea, not stealing the composition or outright drawing over it.

Then you have those Boruto and Bleach OPs that "steal" shots from each other, except it's not theft because both shows belong to the same studio.
>>
>>91913917
>Your Naruto example is widely recognized as plagiarism. No one defends that.
This is wring though, and shows you spend too much time on subreddits instead of actually searching about the animation industry and who's working in it.
>>
>>91913634
>one man

all that blog did was collect what tons of people in twitter found, you should go find the replies to the original post in the studio twitters

even news outlet got called racist whiteys
>>
File: Cutey Honey old.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Cutey Honey old.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>91913897
Probably thought they could get away with it, since it's so obscure. The most incriminating thing about this whole ordeal is how relatively unknown a lot of the sources are.

Either that, or they're just big Imaishi fans. Maybe they genuinely appreciate the sakuga they rip off, but just don't have the willingness/creativity to make their own.
>>
>>91913868

aren't these both taken from the same movie
>>
>>91914014
Are you seriously suggesting that the Cowboy Bebop movie starred Naruto?
>>
File: 1492007588513.jpg (39KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
1492007588513.jpg
39KB, 637x476px
>>91914019

yes
>>
>>91914000
>cutey honey
>obscure
She's not sailor moon but I guarantee you most european millenials (and the gen befor) knows her. She's part of the fist "mainstream anime wave" from the late 70's early 80's, like minkie momo, candy candy, Grendizer or Attacker You
>>
>>91914146
Cutey Honey isn't, what with it being from Go Nagai and all, but the revival OVA they rip off certainly is.
>>
>>91913907

Yet the camera angles are different from the movie scene. Sorry to hurt your feelings Narutard.
>>
>>91914029
Don't worry, you're absolutely correct.
That other guy is just messing with you.
>>
>>91914183
>y.y.ou are just a narutard so I win
Virtue signaling is bad ad you soould feel bad.
>>
>>91914202

Why? Its a fact the camera angle is different, so Cowboy Bepop did the scene from scratch and copied the fight choreography. Naruto copied both the camera angles, the pacing and the choreography from the Cowboy Bepop film.

Its not my fault Naruto fanboys live in denial.
>>
>>91912464
>playing the race card before playing the "it's a homage/parody/tribute" card
you fucked up...big time.
>>
>>91913233

At least the music is kinda nice. You really can't expect much out of most nonwestern countries. Japan, Korea, and India are really the only ones that put on a decent show. China tries but unless Steven Chow or Jackie Chan has a hand in it it's gonna be shit 9 times out of 10. Good on them for trying though. If they keep at it maybe in a few years time they'll be able to put out cartoons that are almost up to Canada's high standards.
>>
>>91914314
the DPRK does some good stuff
>>
>>91912645
How do we know it's entire storyboards if zero episodes have been aired?

>>91913095
it could be traced gumball, for all I care. If they can get through this without anyone getting beheaded, I'll consider it good enough progress.
>>
I got really fired up about this when I read your post but when I checked Twitter and tumblr i noticed you left out A LOT of information: 1) the fact that they publicly admitted to the references and were even the ones to point out the ones you didn't notice

but they way you posted it on tumblr made it look like you discovered it all and they were trying to hide it... which isn't true.

I've also noticed that their racist accusations or whatever were in reply to tweets that you seem to have deleted ? thats kind of suspicious.. there's also replies to a tweet you deleted where you were trying to promote your YouTube channel in the middle of what seemed like a heated argument

Also I checked on the artists you mentioned and they actually work for Cartoon Network not Emara. There's only one person who responded to you that actually works on the show and ironically she's the only one you failed to share any of her responses to... which I understand after reading her conversation with you it actually gives a lot of context to the whole situation and how grey it actually is rather than the black and white you're trying to paint it as.
(I also kinda feel bad for her because it looked like she was trying to have a decent dialogue with you)

I also continued reading her conversation with Catsuka where they pretty much say the same thing you are but as a proper critic and not just bashing and she totally accepted it and even pointed out to you that "this is how you critic" or something along those lines

So if you're trying to promote your post or whatever to get them to accept that "Hey this is too much" they've already accepted that feedback so I don't understand why Im seeing so many posts of you just trying to drag them ? Honestly, I probably wouldn't watch their show either way (not a fan of how cartoony their art is desu) but I need to point out that you're being kind of shitty and seem to just wanna spread hate to the project rather than "enlighten" anyone.
>>
File: 1432009587452.png (248KB, 759x903px) Image search: [Google]
1432009587452.png
248KB, 759x903px
>>91914937

I think he might be fishing for more views to his blog...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgGwFQUsAR4

In the comments section there are only 6 comments and 3 of which are him spamming his link. Then again, in his defense it IS an unlisted video.
>>
it's funny cus I was 100% on your side up until I actually read the conversations between you guys. their animation aint shit and neither are you so just leave em alone. You just want to bully them.
>>
I'm arabian
And i'm really ashamed of this cartoon
>>
Arabian people don't refer to themselves as arabian. You're probably white.
>>
File: 1402208299939.jpg (115KB, 678x800px) Image search: [Google]
1402208299939.jpg
115KB, 678x800px
>>91912464
>think it's kinda weird that the middle east would make a cartoon about a female superhero fighting men
>mfw it turns out all the men she fights against are gays and trans, who she sees as complete degenerates
>tfw this will probably not happen
desu, a hyper conservative muslim cartoon with a brown waifu would be pretty hilarious.
>>
>the fact that they publicly admitted to the references and were even the ones to point out the ones you didn't notice
I admitted this in the blog.
>but they way you posted it on tumblr made it look like you discovered it all and they were trying to hide it... which isn't true.
Once again, I mentioned this in the blog. You're being deeply disingenuous.
>I've also noticed that their racist accusations or whatever were in reply to tweets that you seem to have deleted ? thats kind of suspicious..
No, they're not. I only deleted some shit arguing about Boondocks that people kept asking me about. All the posts where I mention ethnicity are still up. I asked them why they called me a racist and their only argument was "BECAUSE YOU NEVER CRITICIZE NON-ARABS FOR THIS" and when I pointed to a video I posted on my throwaway shitposting Youtube where I criticized a Japanese person for plagiarism they started accusing me of advertising so I deleted the tweet.

They actually only called the Catsuka admin a racist directly. He was far more diplomatic than me.
>Also I checked on the artists you mentioned and they actually work for Cartoon Network not Emara.
>There's only one person who responded to you that actually works on the show and ironically she's the only one you failed to share any of her responses to...
Once again you've not read my blog post. I've mentioned how one of them said he didn't work on the show, yet earlier he said he did. The girl you mentioned faved a bunch of those delusional racism accusations so it's clear where she stood and why she's not the pure little angel you're making her look like.
>>
>>91915538
>>91914937
Also
>(I also kinda feel bad for her because it looked like she was trying to have a decent dialogue with you)

No she didn't. I was like "lol so creative" snarky mode when replying to the original post on Tumblr from the studio because I was referring to a faceless corporate account and not individual staffers. As soon as she came up I was far nicer in my criticism, even complimenting and encouraging them but saying why the copying bothered me. Her response was basically "lol we dun care" so I gave up on trying to change their minds.

>also continued reading her conversation with Catsuka where they pretty much say the same thing you are but as a proper critic

Yeah and then she faved all the fucking posts calling him a racist. Give me a fucking break.

You're also leaving the part where I asked them why I'm racist and they said "BECAUSE YOU ONLY CALL OUT ARABS FOR THIS". The "advertising" Youtube link I deleted was from my pointless shitposting Youtube where I just made a video comparing two songs to show I care about plagiarism regardless of race. They started accusing me of advertising so I deleted.

>>91914979
Oh fuck off. If you actually looked you'd have realized I hadn't used that blog since 2011, I just copypasted it on some old blog account I had cuz linking Tumblr would have made people here freak out.

>>91914987
You're buying into their "harassment" narrative. Being a bit snarky online is not "bullying" especially if it's to grown-ass professional TV animators.
>>
>>91915663
>>91915538
lol
>>
File: foRFFQI.png (22KB, 470x507px) Image search: [Google]
foRFFQI.png
22KB, 470x507px
Here's the screencap of the conversation that made me stop trying to change their minds by the way.

Also you're full of shit about the whole "they admitted everything" because they said "WE ONLY REFERENCED OUR FAVORITE ANIME OPENINGS" but didn't mention the obscure-ass (with anyone outside of the sakuga community) Kairos trailer which is what an entire scene was copied from. The only extra they mentioned was Death Note (I had already mentioned Bleach) which was by far the most different and made them look good as if they "just referenced".

They also didn't mention Lupin and they only came out and said it after someone pointed out the obviously traced pic in the OP and linked the RE: Cutie Honey OP.
>>
>>91915719

Lol those guys are assholes. I wonder how many "homages" we'll get to see when the first episode drops.
>>
File: 7pe9Mc2.png (26KB, 642x374px) Image search: [Google]
7pe9Mc2.png
26KB, 642x374px
>>91914937
>So if you're trying to promote your post or whatever to get them to accept that "Hey this is too much" they've already accepted that feedback
No they didn't. She said "THAT CRITICISM IS BETTER" cuz she was trying to suck up to Catsuka then later said "oh no I never did that" and started faving the racism accusation tweets aimed at Catsuka
>>
>>91912505
Misha on suicide watch
>>
These references are all pretty obvious especially the bleach one to me. I don't think they were trying to hide anything especially if they were going to air this at the start of every episode. That said if these almost 1-1 references continue into the show itself they deserve to get shat on.
>>
>>91915983
>I don't think they were trying to hide anything especially if they were going to air this at the start of every episode
Their normie arab audience won't realize and that's what matters, and even as far as online goes they're already blocking any critics from their Tumblr. If they really didn't think about these things and didn't realize they went too far and that the trailer is a bunch of copied shit then they're complete and utter morons.
>>
Also if they didn't feel guilty chances are they wouldn't have started calling Catsuka admin a racist or block multiple critics
>>
The biggest references are from a not so popular gainax anime and an obscure French trailer for a French comic
>>
>>91912464
wow scenes lifted again from mango
/co/plagiarism2.0
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.