[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can DC destroy the Batman franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: DUR.jpg (101KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
DUR.jpg
101KB, 718x718px
How can DC destroy the Batman franchise?
>>
Make him black
>>
Make him trans
>>
kill alfred
>>
Do what Marvel
>>
Have him start killing people on a regular basis.

I can't really think of anything else that would completely undermine his appeal
>>
>>91911742
Or make him Job to supervillains which is what would really happen realistically
>>
File: Batman-and-Robin-1461188331324.jpg (179KB, 924x800px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-and-Robin-1461188331324.jpg
179KB, 924x800px
>>91910239
Finally admit that the Dick rumors were all true.
>>
>>91910239
Put Frank Miller in charge of writing.
>>
>>91910239
Exactly what they are about to do now. Oversaturation.
>>
Stop making Batman stuff for 15-20+ years.

Easy. Right now Batman is just the quintessential Mary Sue so much he's lodged that way without a severe moratorium. Like Zorro.

OR make him a Trans Polynesian Amputee woman either one.
>>
What they need to do is pander to the, "HOW CAN BATMAN POSSIBLY FIGHT ON THE JUSTICE LEAGUE?" faggots and undermine him at every opportunity, like the scene from Geoff Johns' JL where Batman couldn't do shit to Superman but run like a little bitch. Show what would actually happen if some dude, who, though fit as fuck, rich, highly intelligent, and with some scientific knowledge, went up against alien warlords and shit. Just make him look incompetent at every fucking opportunity. Deconstruct the entire concept of Batman so people would realize how fucking stupid it actually is.

I actually love Batman but if that's what it would take for WB to quit riding Batman's dick and shoving Batman stuff down everyone's faces, I'm down for it. Maybe then WB would focus on some of their other properties.
>>
>>91912354
Comics don't make superheroes other races or genders, they have another character be a temporary stand-in or legacy for the original.
Next time you see a meme on /tv/ try reading a wiki before casualling on /co/.
>>
>>91910239
Easy.
>>
>>91910239
Its actually quite impressive how enduring of a franchise Batman is. There was so much shit piled into his history that would have otherwise killed all interest in anything thing else, but even after all that, he continues to be one of the most culturally relevant fictional characters ever.
>>
>>91912805
That's because Batman represents the dark part of the psyche.
His enemies all embody madness, delusion, hypocrisy, sadism, obsession, etc... etc...
It's more than reading about a character, the stories can also reflect the inner mind of the reader.
>>
>>91912515

I already know that but "Batman" is a title previously filled in by other characters, so you absolutely can make "Batman" a trans polynesian amputee woman if you wanted to kill the franchise.

Or just stop making him.
>>
>>91910239
More joker will probably do it. Lots of Joker and Harley, so that kids start demanding more of Harley and then just suffocate Batman under the weight of ALL JOKER ALL THE TIME.

It wouldn't destroy it for casuals or normies because they aren't regular enough consumers, but for frequent regulars that should do it.
>>
>>91910260
>>91910454
These.
>>
>>91911763
Batfags really cant stand any Batman that isnt Batgod.
>>
>>91913375
Thats why its so satisfying seeing Batman get his shit kicked in every once in a while
>>
>>91911859
This, probably. LBGT will claim it as "theirs" and a "victory" even if they don't read comics, current fandom will feel betrayed and alienated.
>>
Where's left for Batman to go as a character?
>>
>>91913409

Batman's parents come back to life.
>>
>>91913409
he hasn't been a mother yet
>>
>>91913409
batpope
>>
>>91913420
Someone didn't read the button part 2 and saw flashpoint Thomas and Bruce meet
>>
>>91913432

What if Bruce had to become Alfred's Alfred?
>>
>>91913409

Space. Like lost in space.
>>
>>91913404
Ah, but then a subset of that part of the fandom would start screaming about it being incest and paedophilia until they're the loudest, most offended voice out there. And then "media" (Buzzfeed, Huffington etc) would go crazy.

There are people on Tumblr who don't talk to or interact with people who ship JayTim and other bat/Robin ships because they're "incest" and therefore terrible...
>>
>>91912805
He's versatile. You can write him in an almost noir detective kind of stories, or heist/terrorist stories, or gran sci-fi epics. Also having the best rogue gallery of villains of any franchise ever by far and away helps a little
>>
>>91910454
Wew this. Let Marvel write Batman for a couple years and it'll make him completely unsellable.
>>
>>91911859
Man, Quitely is obviously a massively talented artist but I just hate that scrotum texture he puts on EVERYTHING.
>>
>>91913404
>tfw bi and avid reader
I'm not a diversity/representation retard but it does chap my ass when it's implied fags don't read comics, especially considering the only person I know in real life that is a big reader is also a fag. It's not that lgbt people don't read, it's tumblr bitches who claim to speak for us that don't.
>>
>>91913620
>Everything
> 6+ distinct textures in the image
>>
>>91911742
How about dressing him baby blue?
>>
>>91913661
>6+ distinct scrotums in the image
>>
>>91913479
This
>>
File: PunisherBlack03.jpg (55KB, 300x459px) Image search: [Google]
PunisherBlack03.jpg
55KB, 300x459px
>>91912515
Not true.
Once the Punisher, Frank Castle, became black.
>>
>>91910239
what do you mean "how can"? that would imply it's not ruined already
>>
>>91912990
In the beginning he was yet another goofy person in long underwear fighting themed villains.
>>
Make Batman trans
>>
>>91910239
Make batman fun again. All the casuals would leave because he was grimdark enough.
>>
>>91913523
If for a year we had batman lost on an alien plant due to rebirth shenanigans and we got to see batman go full Rambo trying to survive in nature while being hunted I'd be a very happy person.
>>
>>91917840
Like Superman?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.