[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many fucking abandoned carnivals, circuses and funhouses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: Batman-in-Arkham-Knight.jpg (248KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-in-Arkham-Knight.jpg
248KB, 1800x900px
How many fucking abandoned carnivals, circuses and funhouses does this city have?
>>
The abandoned factory factory that was abandoned got recommissioned as an abandon amusement park factory. It's doing pretty good business.
>>
>>91908894
Maybe if Bruce Wayne injected a little money into the local economy, carnivals would stop going bust and Joker wouldn't have a new hideout every week.
>>
Someone post it, please? i don't seem to have it.
>>
One amusement park, usually abandoned, and one circus ground, sometimes occupied by a circus.

Next question.
>>
>>91909057
Why does a city in which multiple billionaires and super geniuses live have so many abandoned factories?
>>
>>91909102
Because it's in New Jersey.

Also I doubt Wayne's factories are actually located in Gotham.
>>
>>91909141
What If Trump forces Wayne Enterprises to bring its factories back from overseas?
>>
>>91909200
Wayne and Trump are probably buddies, so after a game of golf, Trump will suddenly "reconsider" his policy.
>>
>>91908894
>The abandoned factory factory
One of my all time favorite /co/ posts, that anon nailed the delivery perfectly.
>>
>>91909102
Because all the money the factories made went into the owners pockets instead of back into the businesses.
The businesses eventually failed while the rich remained rich.
Failed business led to closed factories and poor people who turned to crime.
>>
About as many gargoyles.
>>
>>91908855
The problem with Gotham is that once something is left alone for more than a day it's immediately set upon by the dregs of society, and at that point it's easier just building a whole new thing than trying to get rid of them and fixing the abandoned locations up.
>>
>>91909693
That explains why is full of criminals.
Why batman doesn't go beating up rich people and politicians instead?
>>
>>91910810
He does occasionally if the writer wants to do that old social commentary bit. Happened a lot in the 80's.

He doesn't a lot because 1) beating up rich guys doesn't really do anything if he doesn't have evidence on them and 2) it doesn't make for that interesting a story if you do it too many times. There's entire arcs where he has to outwit some rich fucker and his goons to make them incriminate themselves.
>>
>>91908855
Imagine being a demolitionist in Gotham. Half the time you are afraid that the things you blowing up belong to a crazy freak that will take umbrage on your actions and do things that will make you wish you died, and the rest of the time is a random tossup between awakening an ancient evil, discovering something better left alone, being used to kill some hostage that was sealed inside the structure you are trying to bring down, or is the site of some epic confrontation with some villain, his goons, and The Batman.

That doesn't even bring things like transients, organized crime, random acts of crime, and the simple decay that seems to seep into every corner of Gotham during the night.
>>
Gotham is a shithole. That's why Batman is so angry all the time.

Plus he won't kill any criminal cause then he doesn't have a reason to adopt little boys for "training"
>>
>>91908855
Gotham is cursed. I'm pretty sure it's built over a portal to Hell. It wouldn't be surprising if these things just occasionally materialized out of thin air.
>>
>>91910810
Rupert Thorne is a rich corrupt businessman.

Harvey Dent was a politician.
>>
>>91908855
>Be a Gotham citizen
>Have 2 choices

1. Work at a low paid dead end job and get mugged and beaten up every other week which either lead to death by starvation or death by bleeding out.

>or

2. Start a criminal career and eventually be crippled by a crazy vigilante which leads to even less job opportunities and beeing less defensless against the next mugging

Fuck this City
>>
>>91911107
i mean more defenseless, dammit
>>
>>91908957
But then he wouldn't be able to be batman anymore!
>>
>>91908855
>filename
>clearly Arkham City
>>
>>91908855
they all went out of business after the joker got infamous, nobody wanted to visit them anymore.
>>
File: 1460101625582.png (36KB, 650x603px) Image search: [Google]
1460101625582.png
36KB, 650x603px
>>91908855
>>
>>91911526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Awk001gxWA
>>
>>91910986
>rupert thorne
I wish they'd bring him back, I mean is he even in the arkham universe?
>>
>>91911107
"Eh at least it's not hub city."
>>
S U S P E N S I O N O F D I S B E L I E F
>>
>>91908894
First post is the best post
>>
>>91908855
Man Bruce Wayne sucks. Dude could solve a lot of Gotham's problems if he used some of that vast wealth to actually modernize the city.
>>
>>91908963
Post what?
>>
>>91913773
What are you a communist?
>>
>>91913773
he fucking does. the wayne foundation funds nearly every charity in the city, and patronizes shitloads o development projects.

you think Gotham is bad now? Imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have Bruce Wayne slowing down the tide of decay.
>>
>>91908855
Gotham is a town perpetually imbued by a slumbering elder god into a low level of ambient hate and dread. They subconsciously keep trying to ward it off with new amusement parks, but they always fail.
>>
>>91911526
>Never change /co/

Sorry to tell you past anons. I've been here since that thread. It's changed....

As such, GOTHAM MAKES NO SENSE CUZ DC SUCKS! MARVEL BTFO!
>>
File: Capture1.png (248KB, 700x356px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
248KB, 700x356px
>>91915453
Then why doesn't Batman have his superfriends come and kill it? Or at least tell people about it so they can move to a different city.
>>
>>91915533
The question "Why doesn't Batman let his more capable friends solve his problems for him?" would end 95% of Batman stories in two pages.

When it DOES get addressed, it leads to embarrassing, unjustifiable jobbing by whoever showed up to help, so it's better just to ignore it.
>>
>>91911526

>this thread will be 8 years old soon
>>
Does gotham have the death penalty
>>
>>91908957
>billionaire rich faggorts giving back to the community.

My sides.
>>
>>91916185

Depends on the writer.
>>
>>91916185
Yes. If convicted, you get raped to death by Batman.
>>
One good excuse is that once a building is left empty for whatever reason, a bunch of squatters get in and you as the buildings owner cant do shit by law because the place now is housing people in.
>>
>>91916201
There are a couple of stories that focus on Bruce's charity work, Paul Dini/Alex Ross' War on Crime comes to mind, but the thing is, if what he's doing has any effect at all on the city, Gotham would eventually stop being such a shithole, and that's a status quo change they just can't bear.
>>
>tfw got this game today

Looking forward to it but i'm worried about the batmobile, heard it's in it way too much.
>>
>>91916429
Its not nearly as bad as people say it is. I cant remember one instance of being tired of using the Batmobile in the whole game. Most the stuff that involves it is optional anyways
>>
>>91916429
It's okay until the end of the game where it becomes way too much. It also doesnt help that you keep getting new moves for batman but the batmobile just pew pews the entire game and thats it.
>>
>>91910810
Do you mean like the Court of Owls? Beating up important people goes both ways
>>
>>91910900
I wouldn't even consider demolishing an abandoned chemical plant, that's just asking to get turned into a freak of nature in Gotham.

I bet there's actually a vicious cycle going on there. Demolitionists refuse to demolish an abandoned factory or chemical plant, which ends up being a showdown location for Batman and some goons, which turns someone into a super-villain one way or another, which contributes to crime in Gotham, which makes the economy worse, which leads to more abandoned factories and chemical plants that demolisionists refuse to touch.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.