[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adveture time Elements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 29

File: elements.png (535KB, 1366x730px) Image search: [Google]
elements.png
535KB, 1366x730px
Just watched the second episode
i had never been more scared while watching a cartoon, finn's mom was right Ooo is scary

Also Marshmeline the campfire queen is a new pun level i had never seen
>>
>>91900827
Yeah, I finally got the time to watch Orbs and Elements. Good shit. Slime princess was hella creepy.
>>
>>91900827
The ending of Hero Heart was fucking horrifying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8NaE0hr0sA
>>
Anybody got a mega for the elements what not?
>>
>>91901169
https://mega.nz/#F!Ch1GBLTI!s6noidO-_jr2XgsWd1JWkA
>>
>>91901074
THAT ENDING THOUGH
despite the deus ex machina of how they fixed the world, Jake's... development... was really shocking and weird
>>
>>91901261
At least we're finally going to get to the bottom of why Jake is a shapeshifter. Only 20something episodes left to wrap up all these storylines, bro.
>>
So candy was the strongest of the elements, I guess?
>>
>>91901344
>At least we're finally going to get to the bottom of why Jake is a shapeshifter

can you explain?
>>
File: rRalZKtDgpc.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rRalZKtDgpc.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
Probably one of best bonding moments in the show. And one of best scenes in this mini series, seriously, this was so heartwarming.
>>
>>91901344
We already know why, alien bit his dad.
>>
>>91900827
I just want more Ron Pearlman Lich before the series wraps up.
>>
>>91901344
Well it's probably going to be
>Get Jack back to normal (1-2 Episodes)
>Betty / Simon Story-line Wrap-Up
>Winner of the Finn Bowl (Because, serious, at this fucking point it needs to happen)
>Final Arc dealing with the Lich coming back (possible bomb)

It's going to one hell of a wild ride
>>
>>91902480
>Jack
Fuck I am tired, Jake
>>
File: 1-2-hurts-just-a-little-bit.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-2-hurts-just-a-little-bit.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>show probably going on another 3 or 4 month break after Elements
>>
>just now hearing about this
>part7/8
I fucking hate cartoonnetwork, we're their any promos for this?
>>
>>91902480
¿And GOLB?
>>
>>91901344
How do we know it's 20 episodes?
>>
>>91902652
I legitimately hear more about upcoming AT episodes from /co/ than I do from CN
>>
welp i just finished watching all the episodes
it took 8 seasons but lsp just went from being the only character i didn't like to being my favorite, thank god they found a way to turn things 98% back to normal island and element have really made me realize how fucked up the world of adventure time is

also now im so scared that i can't look back at the earlier seasons as just funny fantasy adventures
>>
>>91903202
I don't see why not. The show is still just funny fantasy adventures, Ooo has always been a fucked up place and LSP has always been the best character.
>>
>>91901128
Am I alone in feeling that this was a terrific moment that got ruined by Finn escaping next episode?

It was chilling but Finn being saved anyway sort of makes it hard to appreciate how awesome this part was.
>>
>>91901737
It was a demon, but the point is still the same.
>>
File: 486846468.png (667KB, 1271x710px) Image search: [Google]
486846468.png
667KB, 1271x710px
>>91900827
The real question is, will pic related come back for real?
>>
>>91903598
I dont think so. I like that the rest of the episode was Finn using his brain to figure out how to make LSP work.

What I'm still on the fence about is Betty. I've never cared much for Betty but this is the first time I liked her use. Still, her character doesnt vibe with the rest of the series (I guess that's the point of her). I dunno. Is Lena Dunham still voicing her? Didnt sound like it
>>
>>91903654
Yes. I thought that was obvious.
>>
>>91903654
>Sweet P growing his horn out
>Ice Kings crown losing a jewel
>Betty ending up on Mars with Normal Man chastising her

Dat buildup tho
>>
>>91903656
Betty was Felicia Day in this series, probably gonna be that for the rest of the show too.

And I sort of agree about Betty, but it's not like they can use the excuse that she is from another time. That's also Patience's entire character but Patience handled it way better since she actually talks about the past and is a lot more wacky and shit compared to everyone else, while Betty just fits awkwardly. I liked her more in Elements than any other episode though.
>>
>>91902480
You forgot Fern and the grass Cthulhu
>>
>>91903656
Felicia Day voiced her this time, I think?
>>
>>91903747
>>91903709
Day sounded better IMO. Lena Dunham is mediocre in everything at best.
>>
>>91903598
Probably would have had more of an impact if the next episode hadn't aired immediately after, and I imagine bingeing the entire thing wouldn't have helped either.
>>
>>91902527
Gotta make them last till 2018 somehow.
>>
>>91903695
>>91903674
Oh wait, really? I didn't think he'd ever make a proper comeback.
>>
>>91904098
Have you watched Orb/Elements?
>>
File: black licorice.png (309KB, 900x640px) Image search: [Google]
black licorice.png
309KB, 900x640px
Who would win?
>>
>>91904367
Pfft wow that's awesome. Definitely Aku, if Sweet Pea isn't able to get transformed then there's no way the shape-shifting master of darkness would fall.

Source?
>>
>>91904411
me. I made it just now.
>>
>>91901356

I think it had more to do with the fact that PB is more connected to the feelings that are related to her element, she cares about people and their safety

I imagine FP would have been stronger if she didnt learn to control her emotions
>>
>>91904472
Good art man, very simple but still real nice to look at and a very nice Aku design.
>>
>>91904170
I honestly only watched Orb, and just assumed the MO-Lich was just a gag.
>>
>>91900827
>>Also Marshmeline the campfire queen is a new pun level i had never seen
I came up with it (well, almost) 6 years ago, along with a whole list of others.
>marshmalloween the campfire queen
>voiceline the band choir queen
>mouseline the rattrap queen
>marsheline the quagmire queen
>matinee the popcorn queen
>grenadine the cocktail queen
>gasoline the brushfire queen
>Mescaline the cactus Queen
>myceline the mushroom queen
>melusine the mermaid queen
>margarine the transfat queen
>marshweed the samphire queen
>mountainine the rock spire queen
>spiraline the corkscrew queen
>mezzanine the balcony queen
>marmalade the orange peel queen
Man I miss those threads
>>
>>91902480
you think the lich is the final boss? no way man, no way. he's not even the most recent catalyst comet anymore. he's old hat. he's ALIVE again. at best he might lich up again upon natural death
>>
>>91903872
i loved her before. made betty sound offbeat and real
>>
>>91904995
They could have gave Lich a satisfying ending with him being Sweet Pea forever, the personification of evil and death being sealed up inside a baby is a pretty good way to do it all things considered, but all the hints they've been doing make me convinced that he's coming back one last time for better or worse.
>>
>>91905072
i feel they've done the opposite, but there's no real proof yet, and it sure wouldn't be the first time I thought this show was bending over backwards to preface something and then they do the opposite
the horn growing back is something that should have happened in the first place. by any logic, sweet pea is the creature that became the lich the first time. some monster kid with horns. the healing goo heals everything, it shouldnt stop at the broken horn.
>>
>>91905263
I thought the healing goo couldn't heal bone, hence why Finn's arm couldn't heal back. Or maybe the grass sword had pretty much taken over his arm by that point.
>>
>>91905327
he only got a tiny drop of the goo. though it is pretty impressive that the grass sword left a seed behind that grew an entire convincing but fake arm. actually that's a neat plot thread to bring back, maybe grass finn will meet up with the MAIN body of the grass sword that finn lost when unsuccessfully trying to hold onto his papa. that thing has surely coalesced by now into something new
>>
File: tumblr_oop7xtmMa81r1rr7so1_1280.png (811KB, 700x1028px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oop7xtmMa81r1rr7so1_1280.png
811KB, 700x1028px
So Elements finished airing on TV today.

Final thoughts on it? Liked it, didn't like it? How does it stack up to the show's other miniseries?
>>
>>91906072
>Elements finished airing on TV today.
were they airing two episodes a day or something? it's only been like a week since it leaked
>>
>>91906072
I hate how due to leaks we didn't have big proper discussions, everyone watched it at a different time. The shitty pacing of the show is what started it to dying, but nonstop bombs and nonstop leaks is finishing the job
>>
>>91906246
Yeah, leaked like last Tuesday I think and then they started doing two a piece on Monday and finished today.
>>
I loved the visual creativity. I remember at the beginning of Islands, people were like "there's so many places in Ooo they haven't gone to yet, and they're already leaving?" though interestingly, the #1 place people were hoping they'd go to was the first place they went before leaving
plus we got for the first time a proper full-world map in the show, so at least we know they're aware of where everything is..
so it was great seeing here that we could go back to places we've been to before in ways that made them seem fresh and new. even though each element already had an entire kingdom, each of which was still part of the new elemental zone, this was still refreshing. i particularly loved the fire land being all silvery gray with sickly blue fire

also I respect them for not overexplaining the whole 'element=emotion' thing that undercut the greater 'magic makes you insane' theme already running with IK and magic betty. They just made it self-evident. It was ilke another Graybles.
>>
File: 1492455235837.png (975KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1492455235837.png
975KB, 1280x738px
JUST
>>
>>91906464
hhehehehehe.
so weird seeing her without her jewel. until now I wasn't 100% sure it was a crown. several fire people seem to be part mineral.
though weirdly she has an identical jewel on her most common dress.
>>
File: JUST.png (311KB, 689x495px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
311KB, 689x495px
>>91906464
FUCK
>>
File: Sweet P's horn.png (582KB, 858x545px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet P's horn.png
582KB, 858x545px
>>91903654
Soon™
>>
>>91906562
there's literally no reason that would ever happen. the catalyst comet in the form of a nuke combining with a lot of magic hit some poor mutant kid and turned him into a lich, the same way it turned jake into one in the alternate timeline (the fact that that somehow continued to exist afterwards is fucked up and i hate that but I don't remember how that manifested)
then the goo brought something undead back to life. there's no precedent for a revived living thing turning back to being undead

now the fact that the lich's voice once spoke through him baffles me, but he made out that he was one of the Old Ones, which is patently false, so.. so just whatever. if anyone's the final boss, it's orgalorg
>>
>>91901128
pussy
>>
>>91906679
I reckon the final conflict will be the crown destabilizing from its missing jewel and trying to take over Simon's body, so they blah blah something something and it becomes Ice Thing and frees Simon for good. Then he gets to work on fixing Betty's brain and heeeere we go again!

i can't imagine an end for finn's story seeing as he's aged 6 years without a single change to himself or his basic life situation, so..
>>
>>91906725
Only 4 years, he's still 16. The show cheated with his aging a bit.

And if he's ever gonna have a design change or life situation change, it would happen at the end of the story to show he's now an adult and junk.
>>
>>91906893
fraid not m8, he's on the cusp of his 18th birthday, and the show started on the cusp of his 12th
and i didnt just mean visual change
>>
>>91907024
>he's on the cusp of his 18th birthday
Actually not true dude, from the man himself
https://ask.fm/MrMuto/answers/142986448840

And Finn's had a whole lot of change over the course of the series.
>>
>>91907065
then he's contradicting the show
which is fine, i mean.. it's gotten out of hand.

but no he hasnt. at all. not good change anyhow. but i still believe in him!
also fuck literally any other criticisms of the show, like the ones /co/ spatters around everywhere like diarrhea stuck in your moustache after tossing your incontinent grandma's salad
>>
>>91907121
Is he contradicting the show? It's not like the show has stated he's had a birthday recently. It is sort of bullshit, because this means that everything since the season 6 finale to now has taken place in less than a year, but still theoretically possible.

And I used to feel the same as you, thinking that all of Finn's character development and maturity mostly resulted in Finn being more sad, passive, and boring, but the recent seasons have brought me back. Thought the boyo was ace in both recent miniseries. Either I finally accepted it or they started writing a more mature Finn in a way I was happy with, but now I like nu-Finn.
>>
So, will a piece of The Lich being in all/most alternate dimensions count for anything, or...?
>>
>>91907215
People just got way too hyped over that when all it was was a demonstration of what would happen if the actual Jake-Lich got in that portal and not just his arm.
>>
>>91907188
I recall either
>a birthday plus a significant amount of time since saying he was 16
or
>saying he was 17 and some time passed since then
>>
>>91907321
>a birthday plus a significant amount of time since saying he was 16
Yeah. In The Comet he said he was 16 and he was already well into 16 by the time he said that. Now supposedly 3 months had passed PLUS the time after The Comet and he's right on top of 17 in show unless they fuck with the time again.
>>
>>91907215
what?
>>
>>91907386
hmmm okay maybe I was wrong and it's been 5 years.

either way leave his fucking moustache alone, BMO. plucking causes permanent damage. it's so weird finding out that, of all the old wives' tales, that one's actually true. I first heard that one on fuckin Bobby's World.
>>
>>91907391
In the most recent farmworld episode, a piece of The Lich was scattered across the dimensions, but so far nothing has been done with it.
>>
File: elements part 3 winter light.png (778KB, 1361x735px) Image search: [Google]
elements part 3 winter light.png
778KB, 1361x735px
what was up with this scene. did he think finn turned into a two-headed monster or something
>>
>>91906679
I think the Lich is more than some random mutation. He's a fundamental force of the universe.

The lich is merely the personification of this force, and a lich will always appear regardless of how you change the time line, butterfly theory style.
>>
Will GOLB ever reappear?
>>
>>91907635
That had me laughing my ass off lol
>"Oh, the top one is the fake one"
>>
>>91901721
I loved Ice King's followup. "Did you two get haircuts? Without me?"
>>
>>91907851
>>91907809
Yeah, I gotta admit, this miniseries had some pretty funny moments.
>>
>>91907809
it was hilarious. same with the part with cinnamon bun
>we're both loners!

the humor in this show is somewhat underrated
>>
File: duck dogers.jpg (115KB, 507x461px) Image search: [Google]
duck dogers.jpg
115KB, 507x461px
>>91901128
>>91903598
>tfw they didn't do something with candified Phoebe trying to bring Finn to the sweet side in creepy fashion during the next part of the scene rather than LSP getting him out right away
>>
File: lich av.png (58KB, 220x208px) Image search: [Google]
lich av.png
58KB, 220x208px
>>91902285
Same, there was quite a bit of Lich foreshadowing in the series I think, the snail seemed to be more in-focus than usual and, more directly, Sweet P got his missing horn back. That's probably Bad.
>>
>>91908009
You just reminded me of Fire King and Bun Bun

I hope we get to see them before the show ends
>>
>>91904367
Cool pic but Aku would ruin her day
>>
>>91903497
LSP is shit, and has always been shit.
>>
>>91907904
>>91908009
>"...Do you do squats?"
>>
>>91907904
bmo only had like 5 lines but they were all gold

>is this some kind of sic joke
>i love it
>>
>>91907521
man that episode just went in one ear and out the other, i couldnt make hide nor hair of it
>>
>>91907730
nah he's just the catalyst of that era. every comet is different. I guess it's possible the same one recurs every couple eons, since we saw another curly-horned green comet in Evergreen's day (I think?) but wasn't that supposed to be the dinosaur-killer comet?
>>
>>91902652
Don't expect them to talk about this show any more on TTGO Network.
>>
>>91908052
Finn's been through enough headgames, maaan...
>>91908067
i DID notice the snail a lot more than I usually do.
>>
>>91907215
Probably not.
Not enough time left in the show to do anything with that.
>>
>>91908660
>The snail didn't transform.
>>
>>91905072
I am thinking Sweet pea and the Lich are separate entities. If the Lich was extracted from him, he would still be a living boneless Sweet Pea.

>>91906072
The islands one was better.
>>
>>91909358
i mean if you used the healing goo on the lich'd jake, would you really expect him not to be just regular jake again, forever? I'd expect that

now I guess the real mystery is why jake has reverted to the alien half of his genes just because he transformed a few times when nobody else showed any real side-effects of that.
>>
>>91909424
I wonder about that. The Lich definitely survived inside of Sweet Pea. It looks like the Citadel Guardian's blood merely contained him by creating a living shell.

Perhaps Jake as a dog was an unconscious disguise and LSP's power unintentionally revealed the true form.
>>
>>91909424
>>91910050
maybe he's some kind of elemental
>>
>>91902480
>Winner of the Finn Bowl (Because, serious, at this fucking point it needs to happen)
No it doesn't. The series can end without it happening. It's not important.
>>
>>91902809
Because there was an image a while back of a cake celebrating the end of the episode productions of Adventure Time from the staff. The cake had around 285 episodes or so on the cake.

We just finished episode 261. There's not many episodes left
>>
>>91910050
I just figured, like, it healed up the flesh including the flesh memories of sweetpea, but the soul or some other aspect of the self is still the undead fucker.. at least, it has some of his memories, just buried. i like to think the nuclear undead entity is totally gone beyond his memories.
>>
>>91910952
what, like the numeral 285? what do you mean 'around'?

guys i'm not ready for it to be over. not like this. granted this last season's been a high note by far, but I thought we had one more whole season to go

oh no wait fuck i'm thinking of archer
>>
File: TAPD3gX.png (746KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TAPD3gX.png
746KB, 1280x720px
>>91903720
Screenshot this. Jake's form is a Primordial Demon akin to Lich and Orgalorg. Probably a relation to it, some closure between Martin and Finn (His cosmic crime and change from caring father to utter jerk), and absolutely none of this happens because Adventure Time cant tie up any loose ends.
>>
>>91911307
so why would one of those be in another dimension and have joshua and margaret searching for it?
>>
>>91911658
Its a jumper, man.
And maybe it wanted to be found? Or it just didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>91911721
i didnt mean why did it HAVE them searching for it, I meant like,
how can an Old One be something mulder and scully are looking for? this guy was clearly native to another dimension
>>
>>91911721
I thought it was fairly obvious it was lost and basically running on pure instinct.
>>
File: UpFpC8pjScY.jpg (57KB, 564x642px) Image search: [Google]
UpFpC8pjScY.jpg
57KB, 564x642px
They did heaviy mention Finn's past relationships. Do you think he'll choose someone in the end?
>>
File: 1491967079321.jpg (64KB, 564x650px) Image search: [Google]
1491967079321.jpg
64KB, 564x650px
>>91914082
Yes. Pic related.
>>
>>91906499
MY
>>
>>91908052
What makes me sad is artfags won't draw candified Marcy or Phoebe Or Bonnie if you're into that kind of thing seducing and infecting a scared Finn.
>>
File: fourhumors.jpg (946KB, 1178x793px) Image search: [Google]
fourhumors.jpg
946KB, 1178x793px
>>91900827
I just finished the series, so I haven't been following the threads, but has anyone pointed out the connection between the four elements and humoral theory?

>Four temperaments is a proto-psychological theory that suggests that there are four fundamental personality types, sanguine (enthusiastic, active, and social), choleric (short-tempered, fast, or irritable), melancholic (analytical, wise, and quiet), and phlegmatic (relaxed and peaceful). Most formulations include the possibility of mixtures of the types. The Greek physician Hippocrates (c. 460 – c. 370 BC) incorporated the four temperaments into his medical theories as part of the ancient medical concept of humorism, that four bodily fluids affect human personality traits and behaviors. Later discoveries in biochemistry have led modern medicine science to reject the theory of the four temperaments, although some personality type systems of varying scientific acceptance continue to use four or more categories of a similar nature.

sanguine=candy
choleric=fire
melancholic=ice
phlegmatic=slime
>>
>>91915310
This disgusts but arouses me.
>>
File: 1482687342419.jpg (385KB, 1490x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1482687342419.jpg
385KB, 1490x2048px
>>
>>91915469
Nice!
>>
File: 1482178492007.png (261KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1482178492007.png
261KB, 1200x1200px
>>91915486
Oh, the source https://twitter.com/tatunootosigo1/status/856119550386946048
>>
>>91909424
Didn't the doctor cat become alive again?
>>
>>91915565
Man, that guy really loves Huntress Wizard.
>>
File: 1480363980600.jpg (60KB, 1013x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480363980600.jpg
60KB, 1013x1024px
>>91915655
Yeah, it's so great.
>>
>>91910905
I agree, but at the same time I would like to see Finn meet a nice human girl in the final episode
>>
>>91915310
>Marshmaline literally forcing Finn to suck her face.
>>
File: tumblr_o6bl12i1MX1s71q1zo1_540.png (497KB, 491x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6bl12i1MX1s71q1zo1_540.png
497KB, 491x810px
>>91915310
>seduction/corruption art

I NEED IT
>>
So what hints towards the Lich coming back
>Jake-Lich's hand falling into the treehouse
>SweetP being immune to the elements
>His horn growing back which he hasn't had since he fought Billy
>>
>>91917397
That scene in Orb where the Lich was played by a Mo. He spoke in whispers and there's an upcoming episode titled 'Whispers' so there could be a connection there.
>>
>>91901224
Anyone else having problems with the mega?
>>
So, are PB and Marceline a couple now or what?Post Stakes, I don't know how else to honestly interpret it.
>>
>>91915344
underrated post. I think you just cracked the series. I thought making slime and candy elements was just classic Adventure Time joke BS
>>
>>91904367
This would actually be interesting

I think Aku would still win, but perhaps PB would be supreme in her domain?

Also this pic made me nostalgic for that era of /co/ when AT drawthreads were a constant thing. Ah, those were the days.
>>
File: amMJoUiahWE.jpg (107KB, 872x1080px) Image search: [Google]
amMJoUiahWE.jpg
107KB, 872x1080px
>>91918181
I think it was kinda obvious? Doent make it less cool though
>>
>>91918022
Semi-hinted until the end of the show most likely.
>>
File: IMG_1893.png (84KB, 708x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1893.png
84KB, 708x768px
>>
>>91910905
Yes we do

>>91918022
>>91918721
no
>>
When will they kill Betty off?
>>
File: 1492141829171.jpg (48KB, 538x496px) Image search: [Google]
1492141829171.jpg
48KB, 538x496px
>>91918493
>tfw 18
>tfw loved Adventure Time back then but never knew about /co/ as a kid
>always thought 4chan was a gore, meme, and hacking site and didn't come until 2 years ago
>by that time 4chan stopped caring about AT and missed the drawthreads
life sucks man
>>
>>91915310
/trash/ and /aco/ have drawthreads.
>>
>>91914082
men don't choose, men are chosen
>>
>>91915344
we noticed the emotional thing and I assumed it was the four humours but I never could remember what they are
I just noticed bliss, anger, calm malaise, and disaffectedness
>>
>>91917397
was he immune? I thought he was just successful in hiding
>>
>>91918022
I think they've made it pretty explicit that they're friends who were formerly estranged after initially getting along when they met but then falling in with different crowds.
now if you believe in lesbians then yeah they're potentially on their way in the future, but the idea of it being in the past or present is clearly inaccurate
>>
>>91918181
>I thought making slime and candy elements was just classic Adventure Time joke BS
I mean, in Evergreen it probably was.
>>91920021
shit dude i'm sorry about that. at least they're archived.
>>
>>91920098
not free anymore
>>
>>91921606
what?
>>
>>91901128
I wish that I could turn back time
But now the fault is all mine~
>>
>>91901356
Probably not if FP used the famous "get out of the way" move
>>
>>91921606

You can't just say something ominous and cryptic only to immediately bail Anon...
>>
>>91917673
You’re not the only one.
>>
>>91908067
>>91903654
The Lich is genuinely one of the scariest characters in a cartoon I've even seen.
>>
>>91903628
Nah, it was some extra-dimensional alien that impregnated Jack's dad with the bite.
>>
>>91907730
Isn't the Lich basically the elemental representation of death? He appeared during massive cataclysms, the meteor that wipes out the dinosaurs and the nukes that basically rendered humanity nearly extinct.
>>
>>91923716
the catalyst comet is different every time. most recent one was just a purple thing. who knows what might have happened had it actually struck earth, but Finn talked to it and it decided to just bugger off and take Martin with it.

the weird thing is, we know major cataclysms and changeups dont happen every 1000 years, even if they do happen every so often, so.. i wonder how often someone just talks it away
>>
>>91903654
When confronted with GOLB, do you think they'd team up, one would fear the other or would they fight?
I mean, one wants all life in the universe dead, the other simply makes it un-exist.
>>
>>91906679
Orgalorg got his shit pushed in by the fucking GRASS SWORD, of all things. FOUR seasons of build-up after Hunson confirmed Gunter to be an arcane evil force, and he ends up being the biggest jobber in all of Adventure Time. shit sucked

If the final boss isn't Lich, it's Golb
>>
>>91924167
final boss is probably golb yeah
but why was it strange to you that a braindamaged orgalorg could be defeated?
>>
>>91924167
It's not really fair to call that build up really, it was more like 2 1/2 episodes of build up, but you're pretty on the money otherwise,
>most evil thing the Lord of Evil has ever encountered
>gets blown the fuck out in like ten seconds by some standard variety cursed weapon
What a pansy
>>
The way LSP was fawning over Finn this miniseries was cute but I find it hard to like it because LSP did sort of date rape him way back when
>>
>>91924224
that's like saying Finn beat the Lich too easily
same situation, he was in a severely weakened state from ages of imprisonment
>>91924306
it's almost like that's normal natural behavior
>>
>>91924462
With the Lich I was able to consider him still an intimidating opponent even if he got taken out real easy but Orgalorg just failed to impress on every level.
>>
>>91915344
I knew I had seen it before!
Also two active (candy, fire) and two passive (slime, ice) and two positive (candy, slime) and two negative (fire, ice).
>>
>>91915189
FLAME
>>
>>91925353
UP
>>
>>91924462
Finn straight up just ripped the Lich's head off first time and the fact he's a rotting corpse, it kind of made sense

Orgalorg is apparently an Old God/Monster before time as seen in SweetP/Lich's speech and he was treated as a bit of a joke
>>
>>91924531
what if orgalorg's kitten is the final boss?
i love that AT continues to do weird plots that i've done, like a strange magical being giving birth and you wonder what it'd be and eh it's a kitten.
>>
>>91925657
a joke? shit man he had ambition, he almost won in the most massive cosmic way one possibly can
it's just he got turned into a penguin in our gravity
>>
File: kill her.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kill her.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>91900827
The entire mini-series was like a bad acid trip.

>boythatescalatedquickly.jpg
>>
>>91912028
I thought the creature had come intending to find something suitable to breed with.

I mean it has no problem returning to it's own dimension, so I don't think it was lost.
>>
>>91921575
>the idea of it being in the past or present is clearly inaccurate
I disagree. Up until Broke His Crown, I would've said there was room for platonic and potential romantic interpretations, but it seems pretty clear that they're seeing each other now. It just doesn't make sense to me otherwise, with the sheer amount of subtext, and the general way they interact.
>>
>>91929448
the general way they interact? you mean like friends?
>>
>>91929538
>you mean like friends?
Not since Broke His Crown. Think of it from the writers' point of view. There are moments that are hard to justify why they would include unless hinting at something. It was the same thing with Korrasami. To me, it's like they've implied it as heavily as they can without making it explicit.
>>
>>91929729
but korrasami could not have been more out of nowhere. are you just wearin like a whole lei of lilys?
>>
I liked Elements but it felt like it was both rushed and too drawn out at the same time. I sort of wish more attention was given to Betty because while the adventuring and exploring the kingdoms and retrieving the gems was pretty cool they didn't provide much for the characters, other than a bit for Finn I think.

Definitely the miniseries that I feel was executed the lest good, even if I didn't like Stakes that much.
>>
>>91929772
>but korrasami could not have been more out of nowhere.
This makes sense.
Korrasami wasn't done well at all, but I thought that it would happen about halfway through s4. It's all in the subtext, and questioning the writers' decisions.
>>
>>91911307
>Jake's form is a Primordial Demon akin to Lich and Orgalorg
I think this as well. Going to be 100% disappointed if Jake isn't the final boss of this show.

>>91912028
>I thought it was fairly obvious it was lost and basically running on pure instinct.
Yeah, things running on pure instinct usually laugh evilly after they've successfully accomplished a fiendish plan, I'm sure.
>>
File: IzPITGHa5eA.jpg (83KB, 1280x1031px) Image search: [Google]
IzPITGHa5eA.jpg
83KB, 1280x1031px
>>91929729
Im pretty sure they wont announce their relationship or anything like that. Because I dont think that after being around someone for hundreds of years you just say "hey lets go date". Because im sure they already went through all kinds of relationship before the moment show started and now they are just close. Bonded. Probably more than any other characters in this show. And "romance" honestly sounds kinda bleak compared to their bond.
>>
File: tumblr_olotroNkO91t4f2ooo1_1280.png (934KB, 643x869px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olotroNkO91t4f2ooo1_1280.png
934KB, 643x869px
>>91931634
They almost definitely won't. If they wanted to/could have they would've done it already. It's clear that they're very close, and that's all that really matters to the story.
>>
File: 39998513_p20_master1200.jpg (194KB, 682x681px) Image search: [Google]
39998513_p20_master1200.jpg
194KB, 682x681px
I thought it was great. A very nostalgic return to Adventure Time's surrealist roots and I can't wait to watch the episodes on the fallout of this miniseries. The ice kingdom episode was just bleeding with atmosphere, one of my favoruite AT eps definitely.
>>
I kinda figured there might be two miniseries this season (mainly cause they seem like they might be fun to write). Anyway. How many miniseries do you think there'll be in s9? And how many double parters/multi-parters, if any?
>>
>>91934175
>How many miniseries do you think there'll be in s9?
None, Elements was the last. The finale will be a multi-parter, and the Jake parentage arc might be a double parter, maybe at the start of s9.
>>
>>91901356
Seems so
>>
So, why was PB so much stronger than the other elementals?
>>
>>91938328
800 years old.
>>
>>91938328
Bad writing.
>>
So the the elements suppose to tied to certain emotions? Ice people were mostly sad, Candy people were happy all the time, and Fire people were always angry. What the hell was slime?
>>
>>91938848
See >>91915344, which is pretty on the money.
>>
>>91901128
So bubblegum is the strongest elemental? how horrifying. I can see why they needed a hard counter like lumps.
>>
>>91938328
I don't think it's a matter of strength so much as focus. Compared to FP's rage and Slime Princess and Patience's lack of fucks to give, PB was the only elemental with the mindset to actively exert her will on others.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.