[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wonder Woman not getting marketed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 29

File: hm,mmmmm.jpg (127KB, 650x390px) Image search: [Google]
hm,mmmmm.jpg
127KB, 650x390px
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/91927124/questions-raised-over-lack-of-marketing-for-wonder-woman

"Wonder Woman is less than six weeks away from its June 1 release but has only three trailers on the Warner Bros YouTube channel. Recent stable-mate Suicide Squad has 30. There are more videos on the channel for Justice League - out in November - than there are for Wonder Woman."

Frankly I didn't know Wonder Woman was even coming out in a month until I heard this news. Does DC want to sweep this one under the rug?
>>
MoS only had three trailers too. I think BvS as well.
>>
There aren't enough quips to make more than three trailers.
>>
who cares?

about the movie, I mean. Even if there was marketing it doesn't really look like an interesting movie in any real way
>>
>>91896431
why have small shitty "entertainment" websites been writing these articles? I just saw two of them when I googled wonder woman a few minutes ago

I'm guessing WB knows the movie blows and don't want to pump any more money into than they have to. Trailer wise its probably because Gadot's acting wouldn't get here a side character role in a high school play, so they don't have a ton more footage to show in a trailer that isn't her talking
>>
>>91896431
marketing blitz usually doesn't start until 3-4 weeks before release
>>
>>91896431
>only three trailer
>only three
>only
I thought that was kind of the standard?
>>
>>91896431
They can't get the bitch to follow a tennis-ball with her eyes for a trailer shot. If you watch the shot with the bullet her face follows it but her eyes are glued to the camera.

who cares about this movie
>>
>>91896431
>>91896484
when the last BvS trailer came out, I had no idea that there was a new Wonder Woman trailer a week before it on the Warner Bros YouTube page until after I checked by chance
I think that's what it means
I've not seen anything to do with Wonder Woman anywhere
>>
File: damage control.jpg (91KB, 951x574px) Image search: [Google]
damage control.jpg
91KB, 951x574px
>>91896612
>why have small shitty "entertainment" websites been writing these articles?

shitting on WB/DC is the easiest way to create a clickbait article. Those who hate the DCEU want validation for their opinion while the others will run to defend it.
>>
Why waste cash marketing a movie almost guaranteed to get killed by the competition? Have you seen it's release date?
>>
>>91896431
Wasn't making her an honorary ambassador part of the marketing plan?
>>
>>91896431
WW is not a priority because WB is aware it won't make them money like Suicide Squad
No point wasting more money on a sure flop
>>
>>91896943
>Wasn't making her an honorary ambassador part of the marketing plan?
Of course!
>>
>>91897072
kek
>>
>>91896921
haha but that Spider-man trailer sucked

I mean, JL wasn't good either, but still
>>
>>91896795
It is for full length trailers, but justice league has a shit ton 6 second teasers for each character. Marvel in general releases featurettes and clips for their films before release and like 80 fucking tv spots. I think BvS had atleast 2 clips out before it's release. Even Spider-Man has like 3 poster to add to its 2 trailers. It's still sort of early but it does seem like WB isn't trying to create buzz for the film.
>>
>>91896612
Probably because Disney paid for them.
>>
>>91897005
>I'm gonna like this movie because of company wars

you are no better than the people who mindlessly praise marvel
>>
>>91897072
>Not OF COURSH

One fucking job anon
>>
>Wonder Woman not getting marketed?
And I still can't stop hearing about it from you fucks.
>>
>>91896431
>Wonder Woman not getting marketed
Well shit, I could tell you that.

I mean compare the way WW's marketing to the previous 3 movies and it's like a complete bust. BvS and SS took over the billboards at Times Square when they were coming out
>>
Why do people not fucking understand how this works?

Literally every single Marvel movie in the last year has got the same stupid articles going "why isn't the movie being marketed!!! It's doomed!!!"

You don't start marketing a month out from the movie anymore. You market the week of the movie and when it's out. Telling people something is coming soon doesn't fucking do anything if there's no product for them to get right now anymore. Welcome to the age of instant gratification.

The only people who care about a movie before it's out are fans on the internet, in which case they obviously don't need to be advertised to because they already know about the movie.

Move theaters are gonna be dead in five years anyway, the last thing distributors need is to be wasting millions of dollars on weeks of useless marketing.
>>
Well compared to BvS and SS it's not getting marketed as much, that's true.

They're probably gonna start marketing it more aggressively in the last 2-3 weeks, WB knows it won't make as much as BvS and SS so there's no reason to waste money on constant marketing for months.
>>
>>91896612
>I'm guessing WB knows the movie blows and don't want to pump any more money into than they have to.

Didn't stop them from slurging money into BvS and SS.
>>
>>91896431
Don't need to, Skeet! I do all the marketing in my head!
>>
I do think it's weird how little people are talking about Wonder Woman, but that might just be because it feels like there was a lot of whining about "why no wonder woman movie" for five or six years straight. Now that it's actually coming out no one gives a shit.

Which is par for the course, of course. And I doubt WB is going to sink millions into an inflated marketing budget they're probably not sure they'll make back like with JL or BvS. Plus this way if the movie fails they have an excuse.
>>
all the advertising they need to really do is how after the movie comes out there gonna be a ultimate edition of the blu ray and how that the movie we were really supposed to see
>>
>>91898786
>I do think it's weird how little people are talking about Wonder Woman
Well that's because regular people don't know really anything about WW except her powers maybe

Does anybody even remember how she had an invisible jet anymore? That used to be a recurring gag
>>
>>91898992
>Well that's because regular people don't know really anything about WW except her powers maybe
Frankly I don't even think they know that. I think they know she's female and that's all they really care about. MAYBE the whole "block bullets with bracelets thing" or the lasso but that's it.
>>
isn't she preggos?
>>
>>91896431
Justice league is DC's Avengers. The lynch pin of their expanded universe. Wonder Woman is the Hulk. If it works great. But if it flops who gives a shit.
>>
>>91896539
It looks edgy, humorless, with a cookie cutter plot and a shit ton of virtue signaling.
>>
>>91899016
They know about the Justice League cartoon network series if they are under thirty and if they are over 45 they know about Lynda Carter. She's far more popular with casuals then with hardcore readers.
>>
>>91898786
It feels that people expect it to succeed because Batman and Superman do. Say what shit you want to but both MoS and Returns made money. Hell, Dark Knight was a gold mine.
>>
>>91897339
Because most people don't understand that franchises are as much about brand as marketing. I can show you a billion Fantastic Four spots and they'll be awesome. It still won't fix the brand damage it has sustained.
>>
Have you seen the trailers? It looks terrible, showing even more if it will just put people off
It's not like suicide squad whose marketing was built in the back of the Joker and a meme actor like Leto
>>
>>91899318
Nobody is saying she's a literally who

But like do people really know her? Do they really know her powers? Her origins? Can you walk up to anyone on the street and ask "What island is Wonder Woman from" or if they can even pronounce Themyscira.

Can they name a single WW villain that isn't Hades because that's the easy answer? These are basic things you can ask about Supes and Bats to people but Wondy is so far out of the public eye she doesn't even have a solo video game

This is why it bothers me when people use her as a pedestal for [insert cause here] but don't know who she "is".
>>
>>91896431

I didn't start seeing ads for GOTG2 until a week before it came out. Same for strange. I think this is standard now
>>
>>91899513
>she doesn't even have a solo video game
She would be perfect for a video game, especially if she can't fly. It could be a fun one too!
>>
>>91900014
>I didn't start seeing ads for GOTG2 until a week before it came out.
Clearly you don't live in New York because there's been ads for about 3 or 4 weeks now
>>
>>91896431
I remember when movies basically only had 1 trailer. I usually only watch 1 anyway.
>>
>>91899513
>What island is Wonder Woman from

Paradise Island, home of the Amazons. Duh.
>>
>>91899274
Yeah but Justice League could use all the hype it can get after the fiasco of Batman vs Superman. A good movie leading into Justice League, one that's well-promoted, is not really a bad idea.
>>
>>91896431
They're probably saving it for closer to the release date to avoid getting lost in the midst of the marketing for all the other big hitters coming out (GotG2, Alien, Pirates, etc).
>>
>>91896943
>Wasn't making her an honorary ambassador part of the marketing plan?
She and WW got kicked out of the UN for not being feminist enough
>>
>In a twist fate of events, WW actually is the first fresh DC movie with lots of praise
>underpreforms and WB learns nothing from it
>>
There was absolutely no marketing done for Disneys frozen. They no no merchandise to sell to the public until 6 months after the movie was released. How much money did that make again?
>>
They fucked up by not adding armpit hair!
>>
>>91903078
You're not seriously thinking these are going to be the same situations are you?
>>
File: unrotten tomatoes.jpg (536KB, 1162x1422px) Image search: [Google]
unrotten tomatoes.jpg
536KB, 1162x1422px
Do you guys think the kids that like DC Super Hero Girls will stop being fans of the cartoons and return their toys and dvds if they go to see the Wonder Woman the movie is dark and has Wonder Woman cutting people up with a sword and is a bad movie?
>>
>>91896431
Isnt DC giving out Tiaras and bracelets for the movie too. And shes on soda cans like the last couple of movies.
There is marketing but its not loud market.
I dont think WB wants to sell it as something that its not. But there is tons of WW shit out already but the trailers should play more soon as well as spomsers from like subway or mcdonalds.
>>
I imagine there will be a HUGE marketing push around Mother's Day (USA). WB would be stupid not to at least attempt a mother-guilting campaign:

>You're not interested in watching WW as soon as it's released? What, do you hate your mother or something? Do you know how much she sacrificed for you!? The least you could do is watch Wonder Woman, which is basically a documentary of your mom kicking ass. If you don't watch it, you're literally a Hitler who kills mothers instead of jews.

I mean, shit, that's how I'd do it anyway.
>>
>>91896921
What was the mistake it avoided making?
>>
I guess WB saw all the stories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9waCtSVoZ0&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=GkRF-C2ozpjKUG-t-6
>>
File: star-wars-forces-destiny-logo.jpg (72KB, 1200x559px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-forces-destiny-logo.jpg
72KB, 1200x559px
>>91903351
they'll do it when something better comes out to replace it

the movie being bad is already a given
>>
>>91903511
Mom, want to see an action movie 2+ weeks after Mother's Day?
>>
>>91896484
MoS had more trailers. BvS had 4 if you count the first teaser.

Anyway I don't think it's being undermarketed. There's probably one last trailer coming.
>>
>>91904076
it's gonna bomb so hard
>>
See Ares briefly fighting at 12 seconds.

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/857753817034522624
>>
Nobody care about WW.
>>
File: bigger bomb than Pan.png (572KB, 760x666px) Image search: [Google]
bigger bomb than Pan.png
572KB, 760x666px
>>91904925
>>91904976
this
>>
File: upset dceu.png (223KB, 415x471px) Image search: [Google]
upset dceu.png
223KB, 415x471px
>>91904290
>Disney makes Lucasfilm put out these things because DC makes cartoons like this that start to become somewhat popular

I'm surprised they haven't gotten Marvel or Lucasfilm to make something like Teen Titans Go yet
>>
>>91899298
>edgy
I dont think you know what that word means
>>
>>91896921
This
>>
>>91899375
Literally nothing you said had anything to do with the post you replied to, other than they were both about marketing.

Like you basically just had a completely different thought and somehow thought it was related to that post you replied to.
>>
>>91898992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAOckoMitvA
>>
>>91898992
>Does anybody even remember how she had an invisible jet anymore?

Yes, in fact only pleb nerds don't seem to remember that, ironically
>>
File: Hollywood is dead.webm (1MB, 1920x790px) Image search: [Google]
Hollywood is dead.webm
1MB, 1920x790px
>>
>>91904076
Every trailer I see actually quite like......until Gal opens her mouth and reminds me that she can't act for shit.

Why the fuck they let Snyder hire a model with zero acting experience to play the most iconic and well known female superhero of all time is fucking beyond me.
>>
>>91904950
That actually looks pretty good, better than the last trailers.
>>
>Zero marketing
>Bad hype
>Screentests came out very negative
>Forced reshoots very recently while Gal is still pregnant

This is looking really bad.
>>
>>91904076
The lasso looks great
>>
>>91904925
>it's gonna bomb so hard
Why?
>>
>Thread already derailed by mouse shills

You really can't discuss anything DCEU here can you?
>>
>>91896431
Nobody is going to go see it anyway.
They're doing us a favor.
>>
>>91896431
Believe it or not but most people couldn't care less about Wonder Woman. They could have George Miller direct and Charlize Theron star and only console warriors and a few dykes would give a shit. No one wants a fucking Black Widow movie either. Captain Marvel is also uninteresting. If you want to make a womyn hero movie that isn't focusing on being slutty then stick to the small screen like Netflix.
>>
>>91896431
I forgot this was coming out this year because I'm used to companies releasing superhero trailers years before the films due for release.
I thought WW was another year off and we'd have to sit through like 30 more shitty teasers that show the same footage over and over again.
Glad that's not the case.
>>
>>91906593
He wanted her as Faora. And decided to bring her back for Wonder Woman and claimed she and Affleck hit it off.
>>
>>91909156
>womyn
Why do you spell it that way?
>>
>>91909059
As an admitted DC-shill, I want the film to be good.

But I very, VERY much dread that not being the case.
>>
>>91909260
>As an admitted DC-shill, I want the film to be good.
>But I very, VERY much dread that not being the case.
Warner needs either WW or JL to be a critical hit. One of the other.

And it is pretty clear at this point they are going all in with JL, because that has Batman in it.
>>
>>91909309
What's funny is that at this point it's much more justifiable to be pessimistic about Justice League than Wonder Woman. We already know what Snyder's DC movies are like. They're divisive and polarizing at best. We don't know what Patty Jenkins' DC movies are like. In this instance it really is better to pick the devil you don't know.
>>
>>91899513
>What's Wonder Woman's origin
She's Zeus's daughter. Or she's made out of clay. She's an Amazon princess, certainly. But she might actually be adopted?
>Where's she from
Some magic lesbian Amazon island perpetually stuck in ancient Greek times.
>What's her base of operations?
I have no idea if she has a city she protects like Gotham, Metropolis, New York etc. I guess she might hang out on her island a lot?
>What are her powers
Super strength and resistence. Lasso that forces people to tell the truth. Bracelets that can deflect bullets. A tiara she can throw. An invisible jet she hasn't uses since the 70s. I don't think she can fly normally unless she has a flight ring. Really I think her only power is strength and everything else is just magic gadgets.
>What's her personality
She's kind? But also she doesn't think twice about killing her enemies.
>Who is her love interest
Steve Trevor, Batman, Superman
>Who is her supporting cast
I don't know. Other Amazons I think?
>Who are her enemies
Circe. I know because of DC Online. Ares cause he's always a bad guy in anything based off Greek mythology. Hades too I guess. Cheetara I know because of furry posting.
I know nothing about any of their personalities or motivations or goals though.

That's all I've gleamed from posts about her on /co/.
>>
>>91899513
Do you think anyone knew anything about Iron-Man before 2008?
>>
>>91909708
WW's in a weird position though where her name is super well known and she's an iconic character, but no one knows anything about her.
It doesn't matter that no one knew Iron Man before 2008 because Iron Man wasn't iconic.
>>
>>91909059
Hard to discuss anything Marvel or DC here. Shitposting seems to have gotten even worse than usual lately.
>>
>>91909753
WW has the advantage of being iconic and people can better learn about the character then.
>>
>>91906593
>>91909235
WB has wanted Gal Gadot to be a star for a looooong time. She was a guest star on Entourage in what was supposed to be a big role, but she was so awful -- so goddamn awful on a mediocre-ish show with mediocre/bad actors -- that the role had to be changed.
>>
>>91909796
:^)
>>
>>91909873
Good point.
Also kek.
>>
>>91909822
Why do they keep pushing her when she clearly can't act? There are times when you've just got to cut bait.
>>
>>91909923
Israeli beauty pageant princess.
She's the chosen one. Babs is getting really fucking old.
>>
>>91909923
I absolutely hate the "jewish media conspiracy" shitposts but Gadot being a thing makes a good case for it.
>>
File: diana-is-confused-again[1].jpg (157KB, 557x818px) Image search: [Google]
diana-is-confused-again[1].jpg
157KB, 557x818px
>>91909873
>Wonder woman film comes out.
>Does terrible in commercial, critical and every possible aspect.
>Hurt so much her image she's dethroned as DC main female character.

Which female character do you think could climb to fill her spot?
>>
If WW fails (which is will) we're not going to get another female led cape film for another 30 years.
>>
>>91910024
The obvious answer from marketing, and probably from the morons at Warner Bros, is Harley Quinn. I like to think DC, itself, has too much integrity to stoop that low, however.

But Wonder Woman IS their highest-profile female hero that isn't tied into a male-dominated franchise. I suppose they could try again with a Green Lantern and push Jessica. Zatanna has also received a small push lately, given how prominent she's been in the JL Action cartoon.
>>
>>91910024
Harley
>>
>>91910075
Cap Marvel is coming, how yuri will it be?
>>
>>91910081
>>91910107
>Harley
Fuck I hope not
>>
Will this harm Justice League sales? I mean its hard to imagine JL not doing well, but I cant help but feel theres a slight bit of apathy for the casual audience when it will finally release
>>
>>91910075
Harley film, along with catwoman and poison ivy is coming too.
>>
>>91910158
Do you know how many girls dressed up as her for halloween?
>>
>>91910173
The thing that's pissing me off about the JL movie is that they are trying to keep Superman coming back a secret when literally everyone and their mother knows that he's gonna be in it. There was no good reason to kill him off in BvS, he should be front and center recruiting new people with Bruce as one of the founding members, but instead it just feels like Batman(with friends) vs. Parademons.
>>
>>91910219
Frankly Im disgusted by it
>>
>>91910219
She's a terrible character played by a terrible actress with a terrible outfit.
I don't care if fucking Donald Trump dressed up as her. The character needs to die and remain forgotten for all time.
>>
>>91910297
Your opinion matters for naught. People like her.
>>
>>91910263
Its really becoming annoying in marketing. Personally, I wanted to see Superman rally these people together. But instead we all have to sit here, and pretend his "death" was justified and not a dumbass decision made by WB. Think about that, think about how many people greenlit that idea for it to happen in BvS. At no point did anyone stop and go "This is kind of fucking stupid"
>>
>>91910331
Also the fact that Clark had an open casket funeral so how are they going to explain Clark coming back to life when people he used to work with all saw him dead and buried? How can a billion dollar company be this clueless?
>>
To me Harley Quinn is proof that feminism is a lie.
Woman want to be slutty objects.
>>
>>91910369
Real feminism doesnt exist anymore. Feminism was constructed so women could fight for the right to have the same opportunities as men, meaning they would have the same ability to work for things and be treated the same for their accomplishments. However in modern society its been warped into this joke where women pretend its still the 1950s and want everything handed to them with no effort like its their right. They've drank the koolaid and dont realize how much more harm theyre doing for women.
>>
You know that cereal thing? How Superman gets Trix and Green Lantern has Lucky Charms and Flash has Cocoa Puffs?

Wonder Woman gets stuck with Multi-grain cheerios. That's who she is as a character. The multi-grain cheerios in a world of chocolate frosted sugar bombs. That's why she's not getting a huge push from the marketing department.
>>
>>91904029
It didn't say "directed by Zack Snyder"
>>
>>91910024
>>Hurt so much her image she's dethroned as DC main female character.

She's already been dethroned. People like Harley now.
>>
>>91910331
>Personally, I wanted to see Superman rally these people together.
That was never going to happen. According to Snyder it was always Batman's job to unite the seven samurai as Superman would have too easy a time getting them to work together.

>>91910361
The Clark Kent identity is an afterthought in this universe so...fuck it?
>>
>>91906153
What is she thinking right now?
>>
File: 1493156834446.jpg (223KB, 1233x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1493156834446.jpg
223KB, 1233x1003px
>>91910525
>the seven samurai
Did he really say that?
>>
>>91910525
SUPERMAN IS A FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE

THE WAY THIS IS SETUP HES JUST GONNA SHOW UP AND BE PART OF THE BAND AND IT COMPLETELY NEGATES THE WHOLE POINT OF IT

I AM LITERALLY SEETHING AT THE WAY THEYVE GONE ABOUT THIS
>>
>>91910665
So how about that evil brainwashed Superman fight, huh? You get that Red Lantern ring yet anon?
>>
>>91910656
Oh, yes. Someone pull up the quote, I don't have it.
>>
>>91896431
They might as well just save the extra 50 mill of marketing, it's not like anyone outside of feminists, the retarded part of normies, and the hardcore DCEU fans (all 7 of them) will go see it.

They are probably preparing to market the shit our of JL tho. It's their last chance and they fucked up the date.
>>
>>91910665
Actually Superman wasn't a founding member... Martian Manhunter was. MM even transformed into Superman as a joke one time, but immediately stopped the gag and apologized when he realized he was playing with the team's hopes of being considered a real organization.

It was Batman, Wonder Woman, MM, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. I can't remember if The Flash founded it too or if he joined later when he started being BFFs with Hal.
>>
>THEY DIDN'T MARKET IT ENUFF!!!
they're already doing damage control, wow
>>
>>91909761
This desu, its shit on both sides and not just in movies and tv, its spilled into comics too.
>>
>>91910804
>Actually Superman wasn't a founding member
Actually he was
>>
>>91910656
Why does that trigger you? He's not close to the first person to compare some scifi / fantasy property to Seven Samurai.
>>
>>91909761
I still remember the days when Avengers was just a distant movie and /co/ was hyped for every bit of MCU new.

There might be hints of Hank Pym in Thor? HOLY SHIT, we in for a ride guys!!!!

Now it's just /tv/ level of shitposting about expecting every single movie to fail.
>>
>>91910921
I looked it up and it seems like I must have read the one reimagining of JLA that doesn't have Superman as an initial founding member. He was hinted in the opening that I mentioned with MM pretending to be him and had joined by the next issue. They pulled a "Death of Spock" on the readers.

You are correct that in most of the JLA origins Superman is either an initial founding member or immediately agrees to join.
>>
File: anc.jpg (15KB, 300x291px) Image search: [Google]
anc.jpg
15KB, 300x291px
>>91896431
21 seconds of googling shows the movie's on magazine covers, there are billboards, bus ads, multiple trailers and tv spots.
>>
>>91911049
>Someone admitting they're wrong on 4chan
Mind blown
>>
>>91910665
So don't watch it.
It's an elseworlds different take don't be a disney shill etc. Just skip the fucking movie. That's the only thing that they'll listen to.
>>
>>91911194
I feel like making a blatant elseworlds universe is a really bad idea if your goal is a major motion picture franchise.
>>
>>91911194
I'm not a disney shill

>It's an elseworlds
>Literally excusing bad writing

Killing Superman off in BvS showed no foresight especially if you know you're doing a justice league movie next.
>>
you people are fucking retarded, this same thread was made a few days ago but about GoTG
>>
>>91911507
>implying we don't use these threads for discussion of the general topic in the OP

Don't judge a thread solely by how it appears in the catalog.
>>
>>91910263
>"Let's kill off Superman in the second movie of our major motion picture franchise!"
Whoever let that idea slide was a fucking moron.
>>
>>91911520
>Implying this thread wasnt made specifically to shit on the dceu and promote company war cancer
>IMPLYING
>>
>>91896431
>"Wonder Woman is less than six weeks away from its June 1 release but has only three trailers on the Warner Bros YouTube channel.

Because they can't show more because the movie is a mess
>>
>>91899298
>virtue signaling
Can't you filth just die already?
>>
File: 432F87665L977O876P7665Y.jpg (33KB, 700x696px) Image search: [Google]
432F87665L977O876P7665Y.jpg
33KB, 700x696px
>>91896924
The movie was killed when they hired her.
>>
File: 24324RG345.jpg (145KB, 1415x600px) Image search: [Google]
24324RG345.jpg
145KB, 1415x600px
>>91908524

Miscast
Worst actress of all time Gal Gadot
Awful universe created by Zack Snyder
Terrible trailers
Worst screenwriters
Worst director
The worst producers in the world
>>
>>91905027

A lower opening is expected. She's following a superman film , superman and Batman and a Batman joker and Harley film featuring will smith
>>
>>91910804
The fuck are you on about? That isn't what happened.
>>
>>91911839
I honestly wouldn't mind the skinniness if she could just fucking act. She has no charisma at all.
>>
>>91911839
Snyder is the worst director.
>>
File: 43647t589869.jpg (35KB, 320x425px) Image search: [Google]
43647t589869.jpg
35KB, 320x425px
>>91909954
>Israeli beauty pageant princess.

So, this is the most beautiful woman in Israel?
>>
>>91911652
>mess

Every disney shill always uses the same terminology.
>>
File: THIS CANT BE REAL.jpg (162KB, 1539x900px) Image search: [Google]
THIS CANT BE REAL.jpg
162KB, 1539x900px
>>
>>91896484
Mos had four main trailers I think. the fourth one was that Fate of Your Planet trailer(more accurate depiction of the film than the previous trailers). then it had like 10 or 12 30 second teasers.

didn't really pay attention to BvS so I can't say. but for WW, WBDC seem to be doing this wonder wednesday thing. they'll probably release a 30 second spot or two every wednesday until the day of release.
>>
>>91911953

I don't think they need any shill for that
>>
File: 1487970534332.jpg (330KB, 1038x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1487970534332.jpg
330KB, 1038x1098px
i don't understand why they choose actresses with unrealistic proportions
this is not the Marvel way who people love
>>
It could have the best script, actors, director and producers behind it, following a bunch of critically acclaimed movies, and it still would underperform with such jampacked competition.

Prepare for a flop.
>>
>>91912270

Nah if it had all that it would stomp Transformers everywhere but China
>>
File: 1470618408011.png (214KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470618408011.png
214KB, 800x480px
>>91896431
WB knows its bad and is cutting back marketing budget to minimize the losses.
>>
>>91912923
>WB knows its bad and is cutting back marketing budget to minimize the losses.
I am just amused that there is a Golden Ticket that offered infinite amount of views of the film for 100 dollars.
http://www.regmovies.com/wonderwomanultimateticket
Just exactly who would even watch this film more than once?
>>
>>91913186
Can you give it to someone else to use?
>>
>>91898992
Pretty sure the Lego Movie reminded people of that one
>>
>>91899298
Someone didn't experience the 90s if he think WW looks edgy.
>>
>>91909235
Aww fuck imagine there's an alternate universe where Faora's actress plays Wondie!
>>
>>91911218
What's the MCU then?
>>
>>91913269
>Can you give it to someone else to use?
It is a metal card with your name printed at the back, so only you can use it.
>>
>>91896431
>Does DC want to sweep this one under the rug?

Yes.

If they cared then they'd move it away from all the competition. It's going up against multiple bigger movies that will eat into it's profit.

May 19 - Alien Covenant
May 26 - Baywatch + Pirates 5
June 2 - Captain Underpants
June 9 - The Mummy
June 16 - Cars 3
June 23 - Transformers 5

Pirates 5 will be it's biggest problem.

Alien Covenant and/or Baywatch may cause problems if either of them is any good. Same with The Mummy.

By June 16 it's dead. They've lost the kids and family audience to Cars 3. They risk losing it earlier to Captain Underpants if kids take to the movie like they do to the books.
>>
>>91912725
Ah. Is WW even coming out in China?
Don't see how they could pander to them in that setting like Marvel has done in the past few years.
Makes me wonder if the Chinese dub will help over some of Gadot's acting issues.
>>
>>91911254

Zack Snyder believe that Superman the strongest hero ever and thought that there no need for a JL with Superman around.
>>
>>91913389
>What's the MCU then?
MCU is its own universe but it isn't Elseworld. Just as Marvel and DC cartoons are not Elseworld.

Elseworld is when you intentionally portray characters differently because you don't like what they represented before. Like what Snyder did.
>>
>>91913418
>Ah. Is WW even coming out in China?
2nd of June in China confirmed.
>>
>>91913437

If the MCU isn't an Elseworlds, then the DCEU isn't either.

The MCU changed a lot of things from the comics. Like Pym not being one of the most important founding members of the Avengers or being a old dude with a daughter and dead wife.
>>
>>91913437
So you mean like the Guardians have been portrayed differently?
Or Tony having ushered in the Age of Quiptron?
>>
>>91904029
Not paying for praise
>>
>>91913449
>If the MCU isn't an Elseworlds, then the DCEU isn't either.
>The MCU changed a lot of things from the comics. Like Pym not being one of the most important founding members of the Avengers or being a old dude with a daughter and dead wife.
See, Pym was a founding member of SHIELD instead. Avengers just got created later.

And I don't care if you think Snyder Superman is somehow exactly the same as he was portrayed in past media, because nobody would believe you.
>>91913465
>So you mean like the Guardians have been portrayed differently?
>Or Tony having ushered in the Age of Quiptron?
Since you have no idea what you are talking about, I don't see how I should be arguing with you. Superman in DCEU is one of the least experienced and least qualified heroes on Earth.
>>
File: 1493223852654.png (306KB, 751x696px) Image search: [Google]
1493223852654.png
306KB, 751x696px
>>91904076
Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?
>>
>>91909653
>>91901266
You are on the internet and on a website about Western comics, so you aren't casual enough to be the mainstream audience that >>91899513
is talking about.
>>
>>91913496

Pym isn't a founding member of SHIELD either, he was an operative.

And what's the problem of Superman being inexperienced? In pretty much every retelling after some reboot Superman is shown to be more inexperienced than Batman. Post-CoiE was, Post-Flashpoint was, even the DCAU version was.
>>
>>91896431
>I didn't know Wonder Woman was even coming out in a month until I heard this news
So, you live in your moms basement playing doom and duke nuke em. Try IDDQD
>>
So the movie has a $100M budget and it's tracking to have a $80M domestic opening weekend, climbing up to $300-500M WW gross realistically (about the same of Kong). That's breaking even the first weekend and potentially being even more profitable than Suicide Squad, which was almost Fox tier profitable.

The trailers don't even look bad outside Gadot, better than Spider-Man's at least (low bar I know but still)
>>
File: The Producers.jpg (67KB, 700x386px) Image search: [Google]
The Producers.jpg
67KB, 700x386px
>>91911839
Sounds familiar.
>>
>>91913496
Pretty sure that the Rocket from the movies is way different from his original version. He doesn't even come from Halfworld.
And let's not get started on Drax who used to be from earth and not retard. Or Pete who became Nate Drake in Space.
>>
>>91913550
>better than Spider-Man's at least
Come on anon be nice, that's a kids movie, just like finding dory or Angry birds. Look at me, I´m more than 12 yo so I wont pay for watching it.
>>
>>91913550
There's also no movie I've watched these past months that doesn't have a WW trailer running before the actual movie.
>>
>>91910656
Flash and Aquaman are going to fight crime for 3 meals of rice per day and be damned grateful for the opportunity!
>>
>>91911839
>Miscast
>Worst actress of all time Gal Gadot
>Awful universe created by Zack Snyder
HA you are so fucking 2015 dummy. .
>>
>>91896431
Gal Gadot was a mistake
>>
>>91910656
Being "inspired" by something doesn't mean shit. Star Wars is a Kurosawa rip off and they shat the bed ffs. Look up what the Russos said they took inspiration for in Civil War if you want to have a laugh
>>
File: bait.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>91896431
>>
>>91913635
You sound like my old co/ buddy who wanted emily blunt so bad for the role that it was heartbreaking
>>
>>91913437
they're just using elseworlds to mean alternate universe you autist.
>>
>>91896431
I feel like this is just going to be an excuse for if it does poorly.

>Why didn't it do as well as other DCEU releases?
>Well, it was marketed poorly.

I'm not even sure more marketing would have really helped anyway. All along the way of this movie being made absolutely nothing has excited me, certainly not the actress, not the villain or the setting, premise, or story. Maybe hearing Etta would be in it was nice. I really don't even like the sword and shield. It could just all be me but even if it had a larger media presence I don't see myself caring.
>>
>>91909259
So newfaggots like you expose themselves
>>
>>91913795
>if it does poorly
Are you nuts dude? finally we will see the overwhelming power of women audience so appreciated by big shot callers like kathleen kennedy. beware....
>>
>>91913869
You're right.
What was I thinking.

I mean certainly, if it wasn't for all that outrage over whitewashing, GitS would have blown all other movies out of the water when it released.
>>
>>91913938
Ah. How did GitS do?
>>
>>91913938
female lead character
no whitewashing...
I'm gonna say 1.2 billion
>>
>>91913988
Worldwide: $163,722,713

DAMN WHITE WASHING

>>91914004
I think that's a modest estimate...maybe you mean opening weekend.
>>
>>91914039
That's not a lot with a big name like ScarJo. Guess that GitS is one of those anime that even normies seem to know one way or another doesn't actually help in this case
>>
>>91914069
Especially when production was 110 mill
>>
>>91910263
he was literally front and centre way back in the very first teaser image of the film last year, they int keeping shit secret
>>
>>91911839
>Worst actress of all time Gal Gadot
>Awful universe created by Zack Snyder
none of that is true

especially not
>Worst director

Maybe this is true though
>The worst producers in the world
>>
>>91914235
The universe is awful.
>>
Because it's going to suck.
>>
>>91896431
>.nz
>>
>>91914274
you're awful
>>
>>91896431
> "Suicide Squad has 30"

TV spots, which mostly shortly proceed or follow the film's release, ramp up that number.
>>
>>91908509
>The lasso looks great
>TFW the lasso of truth in the trailer isn't even a lasso
It's just a glowing CGI rope she just throws out that's not even a lasso!
>>
File: Catwoman.jpg (114KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Catwoman.jpg
114KB, 1024x768px
>>91910024
>Which female character do you think could climb to fill her spot?
Catwoman
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
>>
>>91899298
>virtue signaling
KYS
>>
>>91899298
Literally all wrong: the post
>>
I have a feeling this will be DCEU's best received movie, at least critically. Whether it's because they won't shit too much on the first female led superhero movie (everyone wants to pretend Catwoman and Elektra didn't happen) or if it's because it's actually good remains to be seen.

Point being, there's no way this will be any lower than 60%. Now, I'm not entirely sure that will help with the box office, because it's been proven time and time again that the general public doesn't care about RT scores (only about word of mouth from relatives/friends etc). It has so much competition around it that it's practically impossible to do as well as the other movies and it's gonna be dead in the water in Asia because they don't care about war settings. Competition + setting that's hard to swallow for many + no Batman (at least in trailers) + woman led + Gal Gadot not being a well-known actress + DCEU not being a strong brand yet is gonna cripple the movie a bit. Best case scenario is 650 million (doubt it will happen) and lowest I see it getting is 400 million. If it gets Ant-Man numbers (so about 500 and a bit) I think WB will consider it a success, given how much it has going against it. Personally I think it will be the best one yet quality wise (if only because it doesn't seem to try to do 100 things and once like BvS and I think WB learned from SS to give the movies better editing). I was hopeful about Suicide Squad though, so I might be wrong and this will also be a dumpster fire.
>>
File: lynda-carter-bikini.jpg (105KB, 488x886px) Image search: [Google]
lynda-carter-bikini.jpg
105KB, 488x886px
>>91912206

Women nowdays have horrible bodies. Is it something in the water?.
>>
At this point Wonder Woman is a bump in the road on the way to Justice League.

Nobody cares about it.
>>
>>91914069

Scarjo can't sell a movie, is another issue. They think she's a bigger name than she is.
>>
>>91911882

You are retarded.
>>
>>91896431
I don't recall Ant-Man getting much marketing either, almost none, still did well though.
>>
>>91911765
she was pretty good in Keeping up with the Jones' I think she'll be fine
>>
i hope they spend the market money marketing it after its out.
thatd be better anyway
>>91899274
>>Justice league is DC's Avengers.
I disagree.
all the heros on the JL at its creation were popular solo characters with their own books.
The Avengers was a much of randoms and shit
>>
>>91915743
Yes it is.
>>
File: producers.png (349KB, 696x384px) Image search: [Google]
producers.png
349KB, 696x384px
>>91913581
>>
File: IMG_0218.jpg (135KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0218.jpg
135KB, 1080x1349px
>>91915743
Not at all. It's shit casting directors.
>>
>>91914069
They butchered the plot, and it showed during the trailer. They basically reduced it to an origin story, complete with overused one-liners like "everything they told you was a lie".

The bad reviews didn't help (but they were deserved, sans the white-washing shit-flinging).
>>
File: 1.png (980KB, 1268x576px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
980KB, 1268x576px
She looks pretty great in some shots. Actually she looks so different in like every scene, including BvS.
>>
>>91911757
Bigot.
>>
>>91896431
GotG 2 was barely marketed as well. It's Summer-ish. People are going to watch movies to beat the heat. The weather does your work for you.
>>
>>91896824
you'll see who cares soon enough when the BO comes in (hint: it's gonna be a shit ton of people)
>>
>>91905027
hahaha sure...
>>
>>91906593
Bullshit you fucking moron. She's a fine actress.. AN ACCENT DOES NOT MEAN BAD ACTING. You silly stupid twat.
>>
>>91907434
Literally none of those are true you stupid fuck.
>>
>>91919221
>>91919282
>>91919351
>>91919383
sad sad shill
>>
>>91909968
you are human trash. fucking rube.
>>
>>91910369
You are a true scumbag. Please fucking end it all man, you aren't wanted, needed and are a literal waste of goddamn flesh. Small-minded hick retard
>>
>>91910448
Hey.. I'm sorry no one will fuck you, but backward thinking misogynist horseshit won't help, you fucking hopeless moron.
>>
File: 1483469048776.webm (1MB, 1280x530px) Image search: [Google]
1483469048776.webm
1MB, 1280x530px
>>91919351
>AN ACCENT DOES NOT MEAN BAD ACTING

But bad acting means bad acting.
>>
>>91918172

Sauce?
>>
>>91920007
https://www.instagram.com/biancakmiec/
>>
>>91918410
Some shots have more special effects. Warner is shooping even behind the scenes pictures.
>>
>>91910448
Your mom breastfed you for too long.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (141KB, 713x700px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
141KB, 713x700px
>>91899149

She was, weeks ago
>>
>>91922683
Pretty sure Scarlett's just wearing a push bra.
>>
>>91918172

WOW>>91920069

She could be my choice to be the Wonder Woman
Young, athletic and with a killer face
10/10
>>
File: 9234da0aa6b29de.png (32KB, 1420x1000px) Image search: [Google]
9234da0aa6b29de.png
32KB, 1420x1000px
>>91914931

> Literally all wrong: the post

> Literally
>>
>>91922683
She's going to need a midwife.
>>
>>91910024
I'd love Zatanna to but realistically, it'd just be fucking Harley Quinn.
>>
>>91910024
Dethroned? Yeah right! All it would do is give DC an excuse to put a big titty monster in her role instead.
>>
>>91897339
I agree with the marketing stuff. I thought it was strange that a couple weeks ago it seemed nobody was talking about Guardians. But this week I've been assblasted by ads and articles and reviews. It's a pretty effective strategy I think.
1. Release teaser trailer for fans first look
2. Maybe a second trailer a couple months out
3.Go silent
3. Marketing blitz in the two weeks leading to the film
>>
>>91910081
>>91926048

How the fuck did Harley become so popular all of a sudden anyway? Her comic has been shit for decades.
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.