[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leo Baxendale: Bash Street Kids and Minnie the Minx comic legend dies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39730388

>Comic artist Leo Baxendale, whose characters like the Bash Street Kids and Minnie the Minx entertained generations of young readers, has died.

>With his sense of anarchy and humour, Baxendale and his creations became a big part of the appeal of comics like The Beano from the 1950s. He was regarded by aficionados as one of Britain's greatest and most influential cartoonists. His creations also included The Three Bears, Little Plum and the comic Wham!.

>Baxendale's son Martin, also a cartoonist, said his father died at the age of 86 after a long fight with cancer.

Well this sucks.
>>
>inb4 le ebic Immortal Stan lee meme.

Shit sucks.
>>
>>91895480
Rest In Peace.
>>
>tfw you just watched a documentary last week about old british humor comics and a big part of it was how cool Baxendale was
Shit sucks indeed. RIP.
>>
wen cure
>>
F
>>
>>91895480
Shit man, I don't have an 'F' large enough for this so I'm not even going to try.
>>
RIP in Pisces

Was more of a Dandy lad but Little Plum was tops
>>
>>91895480
Shit sucks, RIP in peace.

STICKY WHEN, MODS? DON'T LEAVE IT UNTIL HOURS LATER LIKE YOU DID WITH STEVE DILLON
>>
>>91897352
Doubt he's popular or relevant enough for the few Britbongs among us
>>
>>91897377
I'm a Australian who has never left the country and I know him enough that I'm complaining about the lack of a sticky.
You'd be surprised.
>>
darn
>>
postin in a sticky
>>
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!
>>
>>91895945

What was that doco called? I just watched the 2000AD one and found it very informative and honest. Any documentary I've seen of DC and Marvel just seem like are and propaganda
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.