[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post art from your favorite comic artist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 9

File: mccloud and mckay.jpg (331KB, 680x880px) Image search: [Google]
mccloud and mckay.jpg
331KB, 680x880px
Fresherluke has a very charming style to his linework that makes me so damn jealous.
>>
File: Love & Rockets vIV 002-036.jpg (794KB, 2381x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Love & Rockets vIV 002-036.jpg
794KB, 2381x3056px
Xaime
>>
>>91891975
i'm not dissing your taste, i've never got the appeal of L&R, neither for its art nor its subject matter

i'm not going to ask why you like the stories, maybe they resonate moar with your experience; but what is it about the art that really grabs you?

not asking for a friend, i'm genuinely curious

... and please note, i haven't given any opinion on the art other than to say i don't get it, so i'm really not attacking it or you

if anything i feel like i must be missing something, and the fault lies with me
>>
>>91892239
Dunno what to say other than Jaime's just perfect, y'know. He's so incredible at using comics to tell a story and everything he draws is exactly what it needs to be. No one spots blacks like him or has a cleaner line. There's never any unnecessary detail or anything. I never know how to describe it but Jaime's comics open a portal to my brain and forge this deep connection like nothing else ever has. He's the best cartoonist out there.

Gilbert's the second best and I can understand why people wouldn't dig him though.
>>
File: IMG_6699.jpg (138KB, 735x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6699.jpg
138KB, 735x1088px
Not my favorite comic artist but just favorite artist in general
>>
>>91892509
in between me asking and you replying, i stood back and looked at the page you posted for several minutes and it suddenly dawned on me that the minimal use of line was enough to convey a much larger world... and it was the electricity pylon which acted as that key

then i noticed other things, such as the waiting wrestler's face being obscured by the rope, the steps leading up to the ring, and the depth of the scene almost only 'alluded' to by the crowd

i think i get it

i'm still not sure whether i like it though and it's because of this
> There's never any unnecessary detail or anything.

i agree with you - this picture has the barest essentials put together almost frugally to convey everything we need to know.. and i can't help but recognise the craft

but i like chaos, i love the baroque and wild and non-essential, such as a 'where's wally' cartoon where every individual is doing a unique action while making up a greater whole, and one must hunt for the central character (or theme) while enjoying the journey of discovery

i don't disagree with you, the art of Xaime has taken on a whole new dimension for me, and i may grow to appreciate it more - but even if i don't, thanks for patiently allowing me to articulate this and giving me fresh perspective

i envy your ability to see it as you do
>>
File: TheLoveBunglers.png (4MB, 3258x2048px) Image search: [Google]
TheLoveBunglers.png
4MB, 3258x2048px
>>91892811
Neat. Thanks.
>>
File: L&R.jpg (635KB, 1000x1316px) Image search: [Google]
L&R.jpg
635KB, 1000x1316px
Someone already posted mine but fuck it.
>>
File: C9SZzStXYAEPHDx.jpg (228KB, 1200x1178px) Image search: [Google]
C9SZzStXYAEPHDx.jpg
228KB, 1200x1178px
I like the expressions on this one.
>>
File: 20170428_001646.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170428_001646.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I dunno if I have a favourite. But this is on my wall...
>>
>>
File: MOEBIUS_1986__Starwatcher_p85.jpg (547KB, 1046x1499px) Image search: [Google]
MOEBIUS_1986__Starwatcher_p85.jpg
547KB, 1046x1499px
>>
>>91894942
Reminds me of an 80's fantasy movie.

How's the story?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.