[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GotG 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 13

So uh
did you like it?
>>
I thought the extended Rocket Racoon/Gamora sex scene was a bit much. Did we really need to see anal penetration for twelve-plus minutes?
>>
It's not out yet.
>>
>>91891730
>just noticed 5.5 on the poster
what
>>
>>91891702
how can anyone not?
>>
>>91891730
Was released this week in many markets, US gets it next week.

Not sure why Marvel always does this with their movies.
>>
Was alright I guess. Didn't have the same comfy vibe the first one did. At least ego turned out alright.
>>
Outside of Drax being flanderised into "haha he doesn't care for feelings and laughs alot" and some jokes like the Pac-Man-transformation, I did enjoy it. Ego was a good villain and most of the jokes were good, action was also good

Shame that Drax was so fucking shit
>>
>>91891702
torrent?
>>
>>91891749
bait, shill, etc.
>>
>>91891829
>he doesn't care for legendary turds
>>
File: guardianes-galaxia-2-imax.jpg (142KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
guardianes-galaxia-2-imax.jpg
142KB, 600x875px
>>91891702
Thinking on seeing it today. Is it good enough to skip a College class to go see it?
>>
>>91894450
I don't think so. It was decent, but not as good as the first one. It's like they tried to make every single line into a joke of some kind, which was just too much at times.
>>
I just watched it as i live in an asian country where they have the marvel movies a week early oddly enough.

It was pretty good. Better than most Marvel movies. There was a clear theme that wasnt generic be a hero do the right thing bs. The theme of the movie was Family. And it was done well enough not to push it in your face too much.
>>
>>91891829
Drax had his story with his family, and they made sure to show that deep down hes really actually not the happy guy he seems. Plus theyre setting up him and mantis. Which initially i was thinking not to work, but they played off each other well in the movie.
>>
>>91891829
The pacman thing was dumb though. But gotta give the lowest common denominator bullshit. They had some good subtle jokes in it though. Like Drax's nipples.
>>
>>91895524
>. Plus theyre setting up
so sick of this shit excuse, make a good movie NOW, don't make it thinking about the sequel for fucks sake!
>>
Reeeeee

Why is every one else seeing it before me?
>>
>>91891702
I liked it not as good as the first but easily better than any mcu film to come out these past couple years. The soundtrack is even better than the and Batista is great so I can't complain.
>>
>>91891702
Okay just saw it. So spoiler free review.

I liked the movie. I loved the opening sequence, the trailer monster. The action was great. The music was great, even thought I don't listen to that music. The humor was hit far more then it was miss. The bad guy wasn't great, but he was serviceable. The lesser bad guys were good. The setting was good, even if the abundance of humanoids was a tad annoying. The explanation for holding the infinity stone last movie was good. The after credit scenes was long, but good. Certainty a good way to get people to sit through credits. Thought some people did leave anyway.

But here is the catch. Nearly everybody had too have a over emotional character arc, which just felt out of place. Everybody is way too open about their feelings. Most of them overact. Way too many tears. Raccoon and Yondu have this emotional thing which felt so out of place considering how they haven't interacted much. And the big emotional climax of the film felt out of place. I think maybe they are trying to cram two movies worth of emotional growth, into this movie so we can see evolved Guardians in Infinity War.

The movie is overall 8/10 . Gunn can really make great comedy and action. However he needs some better writers to fix up character building, and needs to get people to not overact in the emotional scenes.
>>
>>91891702
Is it ever explained why Yondu has a mohawk?
>>
>>91895750
Yes. It is how he controls his arrow. His original one gets shot, so he uses his backup experimental one.
>>
I'm at the cinema right now waiting for the session to start. I have a bad feeling.
>>
>>91891702
Yeah, I did like it.
>>
>>91895781
Yeah I know. I watched it moron. You should spoiler your posts.
>>
>>91891829
Drax was the funniest part of the movie. Pac Man was shit though.
>>
>>91895559
I dunno. Usually i agree, but putting them together in one movie would be bad in that case. But Quill and Gamora, that shoulda happened already in this movie.
>>
>>91895499
>theme
>family

Beg to differ. The theme was david hasselhoff
>>
Why is Marvel always releasing the movies at different dates over the world?

It's annoying having to wait 2 weeks after many people already saw it. You pretty much know everything about it unless you get off the internet entirely.
>>
What really threw me off was sly, what the fuck was sly doing there and did they hint towards a spin-off?
>>
>>91895917
What the fuck is Pacman you guys are in about?
>>
>>91896061

I miss worldwide same day release dates.

But marvels Jews love to have a movie open a movie in the US with a profit already confirmed
>>
Since it's Guardians related...

>Speaking to the Toronto Sun, Gunn reiterates the notion of concluding the main arc of Guardians of the Galaxy in the third chapter:

>“I think the first three movies tell a single story and that story is pretty simple. I think that there could be a Guardians Vol. 4, but it would not be the same. It would not be the same group… basically the story of this group ends with Vol. 3.”

>Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige explained during the GOTG 2 junket that what Gunn will do in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will help establish the next decade of the Marvel cosmic, and said Gunn could help “oversee additional stories” beyond his next movie. Gunn says the same, confirming what we already knew – that after Phase 3 concludes with the as of yet untitled Avengers 4, Marvel will be doubling down on the cosmic side of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

>“I will be helping to plant the seeds that will lead to the next decade. I’m helping to decide what projects we’ll be pursuing outside of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3… and what the next cosmic characters we will focus on.”

What other cosmic movies are we gonna see past GotG 3? New team for GotG 4 and I'm also sure they won't abandon the Thor franchise either, so what else could they do to expand that corner?
>>
>>91896123
Peter gets celestial powers and make a Pacman construct around him briefly. It is in reference to a earlier line about if he had the power he would create a massive pacman.
>>
>>91891702
Slightly above average and that is because of the characters and visuals.
Way to many forced jokes especially with Drax
Opening "scene" with Groot was garbage
Fight scene with the monster even worse
CGI was awkward at some places
Last 15/20 minutes of the movie were great
Really excited with Original GoTG and Adam
Every plotline was concluded by the end of the movie
Meh villain with expected twist
Action Sequences were garbage
Lines were meh

Would rank it above Thor 2 but way below Iron Man 3
6.5/10
>>
>>91896153
GotG 4 (Adam Warlock, Nova, Quasar, Moondragon, Bug)
Thor 4 (I'm almost sure Hemsworth will renew his contract even after Avengers 4, unlike RDJ and Evans)
Nova
Captain Marvel 2
The Ultimates
Fantastic Four?
>>
>>91895524
I don't think they are going for a romantic angle with Drax and Mantis. She's his replacement daughter, even if she's far uglier than the real daughter he lost.

>>91896123
Star-Lord can tap into Ego's powers, so he makes a giant Pac-Man to fight giant rock Kurt Russell. I liked it, it was set up earlier in the movie too. Just wish Skeletor and Heather Locklear had showed up too.
>>
>>91896199
>Meh villain
MARVEL! YOU CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

Iron Monger is still the best and will probably never be topped.
>>
>>91895906
what? that I should make a new thread that reads ''R.I.P Yondu''? ok

just because of you
>>
>>91896331
Don't get me wrong they showed why he was the villain and what his intentions were but the performance/lines were flat as fuck and the final battle? Was totally shit.
>>
>>91896061
>It's annoying having to wait 2 weeks after many people already saw it.

because summer starts earlier in some countries, vacation time, etc
>>
I'm a massive guardians fan but even I didn't get the end title reference.

Obviously the crystal guy is Martinex, and Ving Rhames was Charlie-27, Stallone is Vance Astro with a different name for some reason, but who was the red lizard dude and the little robot?
>>
>>91891730
IT'S OUT IN DENMARK I KNOW; IVE SEEN IT!
>>
>>91891702
It was retarded how it tried to outfunny Vol 1, it just came off as forced.
>>
>>91896379
>Stallone is Vance Astro with a different name for some reason

He's Starhawk.
>>
>>91891702
Haven't seen it yet. And I protest their having baby groot raised by a violent bunch of sociopaths. That's no place for a child. What message are they trying to make here? That raising children among violent sociopathis in extremely dangerous conditions is acceptable?
>>
>>91896379
The robot looked almost exactly like a Cyber Man from Doctor Who
>>
>>91896379
Krugarr and Mainframe (who is Vision's future incarnation in the comics).
>>
>>91896379
Sly is Starhawk
>>
>>91896546
Thankyou sir, well spotted,
>>
>>91896472
Give me a break! Get off my back, dammit! I didn't learn parenting, my daddy was a planet!
>>
>>91896654
>>91896465
of course the fucking orange shoulder things! I have no idea why i didn't make the connection before
>>
Are there any references to other Marvel movies?
>>
>>91896960
nuthin' at all. Gunn said that about the film ages ago.
>>
>>91896960
Stan Lee cameos as the FedEx employee from Civil War.
>>
Who was Miley Cyrus in the movie? I heard shes in it, but she didnt stand out to me.
>>
>>91897565
Mainframe's voice
>>
>>91897565
Mainframe's one line of dialogue.
>>
>>91897179
Does this confirm hes a Watcher?
>>
>>91897595
No, not at all. I don't know why people would jump to that conclusion in the first place.
>>
>>91897627
I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bunch of click bait articles who miss this.
>>
>>91897627
Hes hanging out with the watchers talking about "this one time i was a..."
>>
>>91897690
Yeah, I watched the movie. I still don't see why anyone would watch his two scenes and jump to the assumption that he's a Watcher.
>>
>another Marvel movie with a shitty, forgettable villain

Why do they keep doing this?
>>
File: file.png (950KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
950KB, 600x800px
F
>>
>>91897920
Gigantic, living, scheming, brainwashing, killerplanet -> forgettable how??

I honestly thought the Ego/Peter relationship was handled well.
>>
File: so original.jpg (134KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
so original.jpg
134KB, 960x960px
>>91898143
>Gigantic, living, scheming, brainwashing

How you think this is anything special is beyond me.
>>
>>91898143
Because that's bad storytelling. As soon as you take away the character and replace it with a big monster 'consuming hunger', or simply don't even both to have an actor or personality in the first place, you have a shitty villain.

I was glad they stuck with Russel right up to the end though
>>
>>91898143
Planetkillers are generally bad.
Because the objective is essentially "Kill everyone", they aren't allowed to do that in way, shape or form.
So they turn into something that is often on screen for like 3-4 minutes, being dismantled, and never heard from again.
>>
>>91898772
You just described every scenario where the villain loses.
>>
HOW MUCH IS MARVEL PAYING ALL OF YOU SHILLS?! MOVIE WAS GARBAGE! WORST ONE YET AND THEYRE ALL GARBAGE.
>>
>>91899192
Not enough grimdark Bamman and Suppaman for you there buddy?
>>
>>91891702
crap
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 259x194px
>>91895783 here

Woah, what the fuck happened? Gunn went full Whedon. The movie was all over the place, had no plot, the characters sucked and it was so fucking stupid and cheesy all the time thinking it is cool to be cheesy and stupid. This movie was made was made for six year olds while the first one was more for everyone. I haven't been this detached while watching a movie since Suicide Squad. It actually reminded me a lot of it.
>>
>>91900334
>Woah, what the fuck happened?
This one was written and made entirely by Gunn, who clearly got too cocky for his own good. First one still had the original script written by Nicole Perlman, which was then modified by Gunn when he came on board.

>Gunn’s rewrite changed the major villain of the film, added several crucial secondary characters, and reshaped the dialogue to fit his comedic vision. Perlman hasn’t disputed those changes; in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter she noted that Gunn “definitely bumped the humor up and added some characters and deepened the scenes.”

He went full retard with the humor in GotG 2, now that he had even more freedom to do what he wanted.
>>
Man that scene with them spacing the loyal crew members of Yandu was rough.

Maybe that hit me harder than most, I really hate seeing loyalty go unrewarded or worse punished.
>>
It was a Marvel movie, so it goes without saying that it was brilliant.
>>
>>91899331
>Not enough grimdark Bamman and Suppaman for you there buddy?

not enough, that would have made the movie watchable.

so sick of ''its just a comic book movie! turn off your brain!''
>>
>>91891749

Some of us are DnA fags
>>
>>91891759
It lines up with Free Comic book day weekend which is to my knowledge US only
>>
>>91891702
>>91891702
Yes. I don't know if /co/ ruined my tastes but I didn't like some of the jokes. However the second part of the movie is fantastic
>>
Saw it at the IMAX in Digital Laser Projection today, so let me sum up my thoughts a bit:

The mix of 8K RED and IMAX cameras did a great job, the movie looks great and so do the SFX. Yondus arrow gets a whole lot cooler showtime than in Vol. 1, it's gorgeous.

It's still a James Gunn movie and it's not trying to recreate the beats of Vol. 1, which was one of the things I disliked heavily about Avengers 2 compared to 1 - also makes me wonder and fear how Avengers 3/4 will work out with this mix of serious quippers and the more lighthearted less superpowered Guardians.

The Worldbuilding is well done, Ego is great and a memorable villain (especially compared to the worst Marvel villain ever, the guy from Ant-Man) and the gift Peter gets was a wonderful little detail seeing how James Gunn blogged about that device back in 2010 with nothing but praise.

I can understand how this scored a perfect score with Marvel's own test audiences and I hope the non-EU people (Britbongs, Murriclaps) will enjoy the movie as much as I did.
>>
>>91891829
Drax had Mantis as a surogate daughter. the whole movie had references to fatherhood, some more developed than others
>>
>>91901013
>compared to the worst Marvel villain ever, the guy from Ant-Man
Nah, it's the guy from Thor 2
>>
Why can't the star-lord use his powers any more when his father dies?

If he can be used as a battery that should also mean that he is a power source himself.
>>
>>91891725
I couldnt believe that scene, how did Marvel get away with this?
>>
>>91896153
Nice!
But I have no idea
>>
>>91901048
The Light is the source of the celestial powers. The Light is gone, so the celestial powers are gone as well. He's still half celestial though and managed to hold an infinity stone without tapping into The Light before.
>>
>>91901048
He was harnessing power from Ego. No Ego means no power.
>>
>>91901048
>If he can be used as a battery

that means that his powers are limited
>>
So how do they set up Peter getting a third mixtape?
>>
>>91901013
>I can understand how this scored a perfect score
this is how you know there are shills on 4chan
>>
>>91896472
References to fatherhood: Ego-Starlord, Drax-Mantis, thanos-Gamora and Nebula, Yondu chatting wwith Rocket, the whole team with Groot.
>>
>>91901180
He gets an obsolete piece of technology from 2008 that can hold 300 songs
>>
>>91901180
wont be a third mixtape, he receives a zune mp3 player with 300 songs at the end
>>
File: 175252545633.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
175252545633.gif
1MB, 300x200px
Honest talk, I like the MCU a lot but I wish they'd have some tone variety from time to time.

Can we have another movie with the tone of Winter Soldier? I don't want them to go full grimdark super serious across the board and I'm not the type to sperg out if the characters tell some jokes, but I just want another movie that's not primarily an action-comedy. I can't imagine how they'd make Black Panther a comedy, so I'm hoping that's the one that will change the tone a bit.
>>
>>91901189
Marvel test screenings are with Marvel employees (as is known to everyone except Mr. DC here) and my statement is based on that. Sorry to ruin your hopes.
>>
Is Ego giving Peters Mom cancer a reference to how Zak Snyder gave DC cancer?
>>
Post yfw the madmen actually put a face on Ego's planet
>>
>>91901211
>300 songs

I expect to hear all of them in the third movie.

Also if he's got 2008 tech does that mean 90's and early 2000's songs?
>>
>>91901228
"Captain America: Civil War" came out just last year and had a more serious tone. "Black Panther" will too and same goes for "Avengers: Infinity War".
>>
>>91901211
Gunn avoids to make Peter to go to earth for new music by doing that
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
>>91901429
>"Captain America: Civil War" came out just last year and had a more serious tone

no
>>
>>91901247
so your statement is based on how Marvel employees gave a perfect score to a marvel product?

shocking
>>
>>91901599
Yes.

It had the same tone as "The Winter Soldier".
>>
>>91901688
>Civil War was serious because it had the same tone as the generic action-comedy we called a 1970s political thriller.

I see this argument is going nowhere fast.
>>
>>91901013
Reportedly the Avengers will all be serious and brooding over Vision's death and the Guardians will add levity to it when they cross paths.
>>
>>91901734
You're moving goalposts. It was more serious than other Marvel movies.

Also ease on the "political thriller" butthurt. It's been three years.
>>
>>91901688
so it was a mindless action movie about going from point A to B with a one note villian that was barelly developed, on screen but I'm meant to believe it was because of a couple of throw away lines?

What its embarrasing is that people compare the movie about 3 giant flying battleships killing people from the sky using machine guns because math told them to the Dark Knight
>>
>>91901793
What does that have to do with the fact that it had the least comedy out of all MCU movies?

Like it or not, you can't deny it wasn't as joke-y as other MCU movies.
>>
>>91901781
>It was more serious than other Marvel movies.
not really.

I don't see the difference between Winter Soldier and Thor 1 or Iron Man 1 tone wise

also a movie about politics in which the oposite view is EEEEEEEVIL while U.S.A Flag Man is all about perfect freedom!
>>
>>91901847
yeah but you are saying it as if it was such a change in tone while its just the same dumbed down shit
>>
Absolutely loved it, liked it better than vol1, gorgeous visuals and had the first great villain in a Marvel movie.

>>91891829
DnA's Drax was shit anyway, this Drax brought a little of the Starlin wiseness that I really appreciated.
>>
>>91901350
Seeing as the first song we hear him play back on it is Cat Steven's Father and Son, I wouldn't be too sure.
>>
>>91896088
He was Starhawk, one of the OG Guardians. It's setting up GotG Vol3 for being the OG/DnA team-up/face off
>>
>>91901956
>also a movie about politics in which the oposite view is EEEEEEEVIL while U.S.A Flag Man is all about perfect freedom!

But that's wrong.
>>
>>91901326
No its a reference to Spider-Man's radioactive cum
>>
>>91894510
It was like I was watching a parody dub of the movie
>>
>>91901793
>What its embarrasing is that people compare the movie about 3 giant flying battleships killing people from the sky using machine guns because math told them to the Dark Knight

You mean the movie where Batman where Batman finds a perp by shooting walls until he creates a crack vaguely similar to the one a crook might have shot a guy with, stops the villain using a magic cellphone hacking software that somehow creates a live digital map of the entire city right down to the interior of an abandoned construction site or where they managed to cover up an adored public figure going on a murder spree even though the guy's face is half burnt-off and he's walking around killing people in broad daylight?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (61KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
61KB, 384x384px
>>91891702
Just saw it and I really liked it. Love how Gunn is keeping his promise of making the GOG movies feel like a separate series and not a vehicle for the next Avengers or MCU movie. Although I feel like they went full Quip Mode with this movie, I'm not mad in the slightest cause the first was exactly like that too. Of course there were some scenes that got borderline cringy but nothing too bad. Only thing I legitimately disliked was how they never used the second part of "The Chain" . Also, i found it funny how even through these movies are more comedic than the other ones, someone actually died here. Overall a fun movie on par with the first one.
>>
>>91902671
Exactly my thoughts.
>>
>>91891759
So they can say "Marvel Movie Number 456 has sold 1 million worldwide!" and shit like that when it releases in the states
>>
File: images (2).jpg (23KB, 385x382px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
23KB, 385x382px
He is coming back in Avengers 3/4 right?
Someone said he was spotted filming and he said he would love to team up with Reedus
>>
File: RetardedDrax.png (861KB, 444x672px) Image search: [Google]
RetardedDrax.png
861KB, 444x672px
>>91902009
Indeed.
>>
>>91903387
Seriously, the movie designs are so much better than the comics ones it's not even funny. What the fuck were these people seriously thinking when designing those godawful costumes? And this is not only in GOG but every comic book movie in general
>>
I guess not many have seem it yet
>>
Still mad Cosmo wasn't in it. He better be a major character in vol. 3
>>
>>91895524
It'll be interesting to see them date, especially since they think the other is super ugly
>>
>>91905406
It's a father/daughter relationship, its not sexual.
>>
>>91891702
I didn't really like it. I felt like they did the bare minimum they could to have "character arcs." Like we get basically one scene of Racoon being an ass to establish that he is an asshole (which makes no sense because he wasnt like that in the first one, and there was no reason for him to act that way) and suddenly Yondu can just 100% read him as a character because they had 10 minutes alone together in a cell? And all of this so Racoon could have an unneeded "arc."
Also shit like the Yondu/Ego father parallels have 0 subtlety--Yondu flat out yelled "I'm your real daddy!" Like jesus christ, I know these are for kids, but you can trust their cognitive comprehension a little bit.

The poop jokes were kind of bad, in fact a lot of the humor was bad (the poop jokes and the pac-man joke for example). But I did laugh a few times. It felt like they just threw tons of jokes at the wall and hoped something would stick.

Also a lot of the cgi was bad, too much obvious green screen..

I could go on, but people will just call me a DC shill or whatever.
>>
>>91895691
>easily better than any mcu film to come out these past couple years.

eh, I thought Civil War was better. But I don't think either is particularly good.
>>
>>91895715
>this is good, this is bad, this is good, this is good

what a shitty review, try actually thinking and explaining WHY you like something or dont.
>>
>>91900334
I agree 100%, but people are going to call you a shill
>>
>>91896199
spot on review m8, matches my thoughts more or less. Except id say the last 15 minutes of the movie were trash
>>
>>91896199
>Every plotline was concluded by the end of the movie
Not true. Didn't conclude the story of the golden people coming after the guardians.
>>
>>91905798
Those guys were great.

Except Xylak. Fuck that guy
>>
>>91898870
Not at all. Lex killed Superman when he lost and had his plan working from the beginning of the movie, not in the last 10 minutes like Ego.

Zemo also had all his parts movie about 20 minutes into the movie, and almost got his wish by having Cap and Iron Man fight.
Hell, even Iron Monger's plan was more subtle and better executed than Ego's.
>>
>>91895559
Anon you are an imbecile
>>
>>91899331
>grimdark

Define what this means to you.
>>
>>91901152
but that doesnt make any sense, wasnt The Light part of ego? Why would killing ego destroy ALL of the light?

>>91901155
if he was harnassing power from Ego, why did Ego need his power to take over the universe?

>>91901157
so? how does that explain why they are gone?
>>
>>91906007
>Zemo

His plan depended on lazy writting let's be honest.

His plan depended on Cap not telling what was going on to the rest for most of the movie.

It depended on Iron Man going after Captain America and the rest for a really dumb reason. I get him feeling bad but turning into the goverments attack dog? seems like the character changing his well stablished personality in one move

too much stuff
>>
>>91901048
I agree with you its stupid and doesnt make sense, but look at all the marvel drones try to defend it with nonsensical defenses.
>>
>>91891702
I want it to be a success because of how colorful and grand it was. It was so goddamn beautiful
>>
>>91901155
>He was harnessing power from Ego.
So if he was just using Ego's power, why did Ego need Quill at all?
>>
>>91901152
Why is The Light gone? Did ego have all of it? If he had all of it, why did he need Quill at all? If he didnt, then why is it all gone?
>>
>>91906248
His plan didn't depend on that. He just took advantage of it.
>>
>>91902748
>Love how Gunn is keeping his promise of making the GOG movies feel like a separate series and not a vehicle for the next Avengers or MCU movie

What? The whole movie revolved around setting up Warlock for Infinity War, setting up Quill's Celestial bullshit (which will also pay off in Infinity War), and setting up the next Guardians for the next movie.
>>
>>91902748
> I'm not mad in the slightest cause the first was exactly like that too.

Oh yeah because there were poop and pac-man jokes in the first one too....
>>
>>91891725
It was surprising, certainly, but for me the Nebula bum-drilling Mantis scene was even more extraordinary, even though it was shorter.
>>
>>91905924
eh, they were pretty generic elitist types. And they didnt really have any kind of "presence" despite how hard the movie tried to make it so.
>>
>>91906378
Adam Warlock isn't in "Infinity War" and Star-Lord lost his powers. He only planted seeds for his own sequels, which all movies do.
>>
>>91906016
>he is an imbecile because he wants movies to not constantly be setting up future movies

no anon, YOU are the imbecile.
>>
>>91900934
Australia too
>>
>>91906248
>>91906360
I'm not saying Zemo was good or not. There were parts about him I liked and parts I didnt.

All I'm saying is that he is not like
"So they turn into something that is often on screen for like 3-4 minutes, being dismantled, and never heard from again."
>>
>>91906408
You're right. There were cum and Footloose jokes instead.
>>
>>91906298
> It was so goddamn beautiful

It looked like someone vomited skittles
>>
>>91906452
>Adam Warlock isn't in "Infinity War"

How do you know?

> Star-Lord lost his powers

No he didnt, he just lost his access to Ego's "light." He was still able to hold an infinity stone and is still half celestial.
>>
>>91906452
>anon who doesnt know what he is talking about tries to pretend he knows what he is talking about, the post
>>
>>91906488
huh, I guess you're right. They both had shitty humor.
>>
>>91906540
Feige and Gunn already said he's not involved. But he will be a major character in Phase 4 and beyond. Probably leading the new Guardians of the Galaxy they're apparently been meaning to introduce.
>>
>>91896960
Uatu the Observer
>>
>>91898558
DC and Fox are a waste of time and space.

MCU ones are perfect.
>>
>>91900555
GotG likely still had Perlman's structure (given writing is essentially building layers upon layers). His excesses were curved by working within Perlman's structure.

Gunn this time had to write from scratch, with no structure to build on. Gunn is good at many aspects of storytelling but he is not good at plot.
>>
>>91891730
>>91891748
>>91891759

Just came home from seeing it. Was a bit more cheesy than the first one but with much more feels.
>>
>>91901688
I enjoyed Captain America: Civil War immensely until Spiderman showed up and ruined the tone of the movie (and sucked away screen-time from other characters like a fucking vampire).
>>
What was the hottest scene in the movie?
>>
The scene where Nebula and Gamora find those skeletons and when Mantis explains to them what Ego does to his children that don't have his celestial powers reminded me of this beautiful creepshow. Not to mention the homeplace of both of those characters seems like a creepily artificial paradise.

Are there other movie villains whose motif is "seeminly dotting and perfect parent that actually is just luring children to consume them"?
>>
File: mantis.png (201KB, 655x315px) Image search: [Google]
mantis.png
201KB, 655x315px
>>91907272
Mantis sleeping with Drax and using her empathy powers touching Drax with her feet.
>>
>>91907122
He was in it for 10 minutes.
>>
>>91891702
I want to fuck Gamora what the actual fuck, I'm genuinely suicidal over the thought that I will never EVER get to go down on a smoking hot alien babe and use her thighs as earmuffs while she denies having any feelings for me but keeps my head between her legs while not understanding any earth culture references I make ;_;
>>
Y O N D U
O
N
D
U

Michael Rooker MADE this fucking movie.
>>
>>91907272
Either the brothel of robot prostitutes or all the attractive golden skinned gamer girls.
>>
>>91906875
this guy
>>
>Krugarr is actually a sorcerer

MADMEN
A
D
M
E
N
>>
>>91907037
Where did you see it?
>>
>>91907811

PTY
>>
>>91907037
>much more feels
>feels

They were much more manufactured. Suddenly Quill has daddy issues out of nowhere. Suddenly Rocket is an asshole. Suddenly Yondu is a good dad, I guess, after fucking abducting Quill.
>>
>>91907477
he was literally the only good part of the movie. When he was on screen every other actor seemed like shit.
>>
>>91908404
>Suddenly Quill has daddy issues out of nowhere
Rewatched the first movie yesterday. Those dad issues didn't come out of no where.
>>
A lot of the jokes (like a solid 50%) don't hit the mark and it's the first Marvel film where I really felt the quips were ruining dramatic moments. The plot structure and pacing is a bit shaky.

At the same time I loved the movie. Visually these are easily the best Marvel films: so much in this movie has been really thought out and effort is put into every single visual detail. Yondu is basically a main character in this film and his arc and story in it are completely the highlights. Rocket is also good, Nebula and Gamora get some resolution and Drax is probably the character that mostly falls flat (although they do build up some interaction with Mantis).

The dialogue in the first 3 minutes is probably the cringiest stuff in the entire film.
>>
>>91908404
None of that came out of nowhere.

You should rewatch the first movie.
>>
>>91900880
Why does grimdark edginess = intelligence and maturity to you people?
>>
>>91899192
Haha. I wish I was paid.
I'm doing free work and shilling the shit I love.
gotg2 should start campaigning for best make-up or visual effect oscar
>>
>>91900934
Japan has it, Flipland (Philippines) has it too, in fact if your country has an LCS it's most likely participating. Get out of your limited world bubble
>>
MANTIS IS CUTE! NOT UGGO! CUTE! (in the inside)

>>91895543
Oh yeah, it made me smile but it looked so so so fucking stupid. Like something out of an Adam Sandler movie

>>91895715
>tfw shitty public transpo broke down making me miss the first 15 minutes.

Goddamn it.
>>
>>91896153
>“I think the first three movies tell a single story and that story is pretty simple. I think that there could be a Guardians Vol. 4, but it would not be the same. It would not be the same group… basically the story of this group ends with Vol. 3.”

I'd love for him to do a movie based off the OG GOTG, though with some characters already appearing right now that's pretty unlikely. Maybe something based off the Annihilators?
>>
>>91897179
false. He cameos as a Space Man chatting with the Guardians
>>
What do you guys think of the soundtrack compared to the first one? The few standouts for me was Wham Bam Shangalang, Southern Nights, and Father and Son.
>>
>>91906540
>He was still able to hold an infinity stone and is still half celestial.
There was no Infinity Stone at all in this movie.
>>
>>91903212
could be a flashback, could be just visiting.
>>
>>91897690
>>91897789
so Stan Lee is a Watcher and takes various forms so he can see major battles/etc?

But since he's also in ASM, he's not the MCU official universe watcher but one who hops around?
>>
>>91898558
Post Ego planet with a fucking face
>>
>>91899192
A fair bit more than DC is paying you, probably
>>
>>91908404

Rocket's always been an asshole. Quill's had daddy issues. Did you even watch the first movie?
>>
>>91901599
It was vastly darker and more serious than anything else in the MCU outside of after Spider-Man enters the film to Spider-Man leaving the film
>>
>>91901200
>>91901023
>>91901023
shit, you're right.

>Drax, ex-dad
>Peter's dad
>Gamora + Nebula vs shittiest dad in the world
>Yondu sold by dad
>Rocket is a dick about being a creation/scientist "dad"
>Groot ...is a baby. the GotG ARE the dad

>main villains have absolutely zero dads
>Ego popped up from nowhere
>Sovereign engineered in tubes

it's pottery
>>
File: YEAH 01.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
YEAH 01.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>91901349
same face I had when I saw Dormammu with FACE LINES

But I had an even bigger face when they showed UATU + WATCHERS
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.