[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was reading Gold Digger 241, and not only do we have an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: RCO004_1493236293.jpg (2MB, 1976x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO004_1493236293.jpg
2MB, 1976x3056px
So I was reading Gold Digger 241, and not only do we have an obvious transformers referance, but this issue has whats obivously supposed to be Skeletor and tons of other He-man referances, with slight name changes of course. Won't Fred perry get in trouble for doing stuff like this? I know he puts in cameos and referances to tons of things that he likes, but this really seems to be pushing it on the edge of a lawsuit. Unless its some kind of parody clause that keeps him safe. Any thoughts? We can maybe make this a Fred perry or Antarctic press thread.
>>
>>91891263
post more sagey tits
>>
>>91891263

Sorry anon, you need to make a comic thread about how great DC is or how SJW Marvel is if you want it to get any traction on /co/.
>>
>>91891525

Yeah starting to think that as well.
>>
>>91891263
>name slightly changed
>straight up calls him by his given name with an additional "o"
>>
>>91891263

I don't read Gold Digger anymore.

I buy it, but I haven't read an issue in five years.

It messes me up too much. 'Gold Digger' was not my first borderline psychotic fiction 'crush' (ha ha) but it's the one that has gotten into my head the most.

And if this is how Fred writes nowadays... bah.
>>
>>91891263
Cameos like that are very common and fall under parody. As long as they don't become major characters there's really nothing wrong with it.

That said, he -could- theoretically be sued over it or at least get slapped with a C&D and forced to take down or alter the offending pages, even when there is nothing wrong with it. after all, the "fair use" rights are often mockingly summarized as "the right to get sued by Disney". If the holders to the rights of a certain character care enough to sue you over what is arguably a completely fair and legit use, they will still beat you simply because they can just throw money at the court to keep you tied up until you can no longer afford a legal defense. It's just one of the many little ways that the legal system is completely and irreparably broken.

On the bright side, for minor stuff like a cameo in a webcomic there's really nobody who gives enough shits to spend the time and money (and the potential fan backlash) on taking actual action.
>>
>>91891263
>Won't Fred perry get in trouble for doing stuff like this?
He has for Steam Wars but I don't think anyone has gotten him for anything in Gold Digger yet.
>>
>>91891263
>Myaargh
FOR A REVOLUTION
>>
>>91891783
>He has for Steam Wars

A take on Star Wars?
>>
File: tumblr_l0cwsb1hGt1qzm6hao1_1280.jpg (426KB, 1280x994px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l0cwsb1hGt1qzm6hao1_1280.jpg
426KB, 1280x994px
>>91891733
Fred needs to end Gold Digger because the series is bloated as fuck with so many characters it gets hard to follow.
>>
>>91891909

Either that or subcontract. Make it into a full-blown comics universe.
>>
>>91891525
Didn't Disney stop paying you guys
>>
>>91891263
Back in the day, Fred did a metric ton of Macross and other mecha, before Malibu was swallowed by the corporation. I think he gets a pass, and whoever holds the license currently should offer him a job.
>>
>>91891263
if i remember correctly, he once get in trouble with wizard of the coast for a "psionics guide" he was doing
>>
>>91891733
You write like a psycho-stalker.
>>
but Macross comics were originally licensed under Eternity Comics, not Malibu. I don't think Malibu ever even got a chance to publish any of those books before Marvel absorbed them and their universe was never seen ever again.
I doubt Fred will work for any other company. He's pretty comfortable being the only Antarctic Press creator worth a damn.
>>
>>91891733
>I buy it, but I haven't read an issue in five years

... Anon... Why do you buy stuff you don't like?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.