[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have to write a research paper Grant Morrison. What are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: grant_twitter_400x400.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
grant_twitter_400x400.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
Have to write a research paper Grant Morrison. What are some things I should cover? How far should I go in covering sigils and the occult?
>>
>>91887678

Don't you have a research question or was that the actual assignment?

In any way, if I were you I would make an audience participation thing out of it. How he uses the Fourth Wall and mystical wishy thinking to engage people by adressing them and relating to things they could actually do themselves. Making it tangible with that. "Our sentence is up. Facilitating reader engagement through appeals to mysticism and metareferences" could be a title.

There, that could be the hook of your paper
>>
>>91887803
>Don't you have a research question or was that the actual assignment?
The professor is really bad at communicating with the class so all he gave us was "Pick an author and write a 7 page paper on the author and their works." So I picked Morrison so I'd have an excuse to talk about the DC multiverse.
>>
File: inv7_Lord_Fanny.png (72KB, 175x190px) Image search: [Google]
inv7_Lord_Fanny.png
72KB, 175x190px
>>91887803
The Invisibles is my Bible.

Lord Fanny.

Also, great pitch and hook for a research paper. Now, I want to write a paper on Morrison. Damn, it's been 7 years since I graduated college.

Do I even remember how to write a paper correctly?
>>
>>91887678
Cover his platoninism. His views concerning ideas about nukes
>>
>>91887678

Why does he look like a weeb in this picture?
>>
>>91887866
Everybody's going to laugh at you. Good luck.
>>
>>91887916
You might be confused because OP comes off as chuuni.
>>
>>91887920
Just pull a Carrie on their asses and blame it on comic books.

Depending on how convincing you are at acting schizophrenic, you could avoid jail time, and slum around a mental ward.
>>
File: morrison hex.jpg (69KB, 460x550px) Image search: [Google]
morrison hex.jpg
69KB, 460x550px
>>
>>91887678
Just write about Pax Americana
It has so many layers you could probably write a book about just that
>>
File: g3 (1).jpg (61KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
g3 (1).jpg
61KB, 576x768px
talk about hypercrisis, chaos magick, and his big fat cock
>>
>>91887945

Well it looks like he's wearing a gakuran.
>>
Are you asking seriously asking /co/ for help on your book report?
>>
>>91888726

Wha- Why... Just.
>>
>>91887866
God, just talk about Morrison. Don't be that autist that talks about my little pony. Morrison is great of its own, just watch the documentary, watch interviews with Morrison, how he studies mythology before using it instead of just doing a quick Wikipedia search, etc

Morrison is seriously great, don't waste your time trying to defend capeshit.

Op go. To YouTube and search for. Interviews, read Morrison book. That's all you need, please please don't end up embarrassed for talking about 52 fucking universes.
>>
>>91887866
>The professor is really bad at communicating with the class so all he gave us was "Pick an author and write a 7 page paper on the author and their works."

That means he doesn't care and you can half-ass it.

On the author: his bio and views/philosophy.

His views: don't pick DC only, drop some 2deep4u work summaries.
>>
>>91890076
I'd talk about his works before The Invisibles, The Invisibles, and his work after. Personally I think The Invisibles was his top craft when it comes to his views and philosophies. Everything comes from your understanding of that work. And don't tell people a synopsis of the work just talk about how his views are expressed through the work.
>>
>>91887866
I don't know if you are going to read this but my suggestion would be to write about who Morrison is, his philosophy about comics and analysis of Flex Mentallo which is pretty much an autobiography of Morrison's earlier years.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.