[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6p0vq-3OvQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: kino.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>Little did they know, the greatest /co/ ever was about to drop
>>
>you're the only one in school that liked King Of The Hill
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (10KB, 274x274px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
10KB, 274x274px
>>91887476
>>
>>91887393
i was THERE, man. I remember that night. I was 11.
truly it was non-stop fox.
god i remember watching the sex ed episode and afterwards dad making sure we know what kind of genitals the sexes had. like yeah guy, you had a son and a daughter, so yeah they do know.

i remember family guy's first night, too. I remember fuckin news reported on how fresh and unusual its fast-paced humor was, with constant cutaways that hadnt been done like that before. i mean, it was true. the swampy seasons are still remarkably funny.
>>
>>91887750

The first three seasons of Family Guy are still funny because the characters are more endearing and less cynical. (Same goes for the humor.) I mean, yeah, those episodes feel incredibly dated and look awful compared to even the first post-cancellation season (WHY DID PETER'S HEAD SHRINK DURING THAT MUSICAL NUMBER?!), but they are actually funny, and that is what fucking matters. And you can actually like the characters because aside from the Stewie/Lois "feud", everyone seems to actually give a shit about one another as people rather than outlets for physical, emotional, and psychological abuse. Fuck, Meg was actually just mildly unpopular and a tiny bit "ugly" in the original seasons, but her family still loved her and tried to help her with stuff. Now she's just a disgusting freak and a punching bag for her family; the point where Lois gave Meg the means to kill herself and said "whatever happens, happens" is one of the worst fucking things the show has ever done.
>>
>>91887393
They really focused on the physical humor, the slap stick stuff. But that really doesn't characterize the cartoon when I think back on it. It had some great physical comedy, yes, but the funniest part to me was the characters, the situations, and the town, more than anything.

How can a show be so comfy, so funny, so real, and so down to earth, without going full Archie? It ended just a little late, but otherwise, a really well done cartoon. I'd never guess that it was from the guy who made Beavis and Butthead.

Just solid.
>>
>>91888500
First sentence refers to the commercial.
>>
The first 5 minutes of the cartoon why the show would not work in live action. The first shot is a overhead pan of the neighborhood. There's birds and butterflies flying about.

You can't do that in a live action sitcom... even with a $100,000,000 budget.
>>
>>91888061
>Lois gave Meg the means to kill herself and said "whatever happens, happens" is one of the worst fucking things the show has ever done
Maybe it was like 9 years ago, it's not even in the top 20 worse shit they've done
>>
>>91888540
>The first shot is a overhead pan of the neighborhood
You can hire a helicopter and do it in an afternoon but ya, it would be too expensive for a sitcom establishing shot
>>
>>91887393
It dropped a few days ago but got copyright claimed.
>>
>>91888710
You couldn't do the firefighting episode in a live action unless it has someone like Jackie Chan who has total control over the budget and time production
>>
>>91888733
by who?
>>
>>91887750
>swampy seasons are still remarkably funny.
one does forget that one of the main people behind Phineas & Ferb was one of the main people behind Early Family Guy, and I think that's one of the things that made it so good, as it was able to be funny beyond just the dirty & shock humor Family Guy focused more and more on after it came back

>>91887393
ironically I think everything Hank mentioned as not appearing on KOTH did eventually show up on the show at one point or another
>>
>>91888763

There's also A LOT of locations. Most sitcoms bounce between a home or two and work/school and maybe have a single act somewhere else.

KOTH could bounce everybhousevin the neighborhood, the school, everyone's job, and different town locations much more easily and for a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>91889126

Early season Family Guy was a goofy take on classic family sitcoms. Sure it poked fun at them, but it used many of the standard plots and at the end of the day it always ended up confirmin themes like togetherness, love, acceptance, and the importance of communication.

Even the oh so controversial Jewish episode was, at heart, about Peter wanting what's best for his son and ended on the note the Jewish stereotypes aren't very accurate and that they're just people like anyone else.

In a modern season it would have involved Peter becoming Jewish as part of some hate brained scheme or fad, featured an actual Jewish stereotype and likely ended on some joke about how stereotypical Mort is.
>>
>>91889173

>In a modern season it would have involved Peter becoming Jewish as part of some hate brained scheme or fad, featured an actual Jewish stereotype and likely ended on some joke about how stereotypical Mort is.

They, uh...they actually did that. Remember the episode where Lois finds out her mother is Jewish? The only thing different from your bit is the "end on a Mort joke" part, because they went with a "Jesus says all religions are crap and Brian gets to act all up-his-ass righteous about it" gag.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.