[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mignolaverse Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: bprd.png (1MB, 1026x694px) Image search: [Google]
bprd.png
1MB, 1026x694px
Someone please talk about Hellboy or the B.P.R.D. I'm dying. Broke my foot and finally picked Hellboy back up, I lost track around issue 3 of Hellboy in Hell because of delays. Reread all of Hellboy that I had torrented, everything essential, missing most of the compilations though. I also finally started B.P.R.D., and oh boy was it better than I thought. Unfortunately I don't have anything downloaded after the Long Death. Anyone got any Hell on Earth links? Or at least any recommendations on how or where I should collect it? Also, I've only been reading the essential issues, so I haven't read any Abe, Lobster, Edward, or anything else. What should I be reading?
>>
I have mixed feelings about the Long Death. Wish it was longer than 3 issues, felt like there was way more left to do with Ben. Kind of wish they didn't set him up to be killed, I would have rather had Krauss be the villain in this story.
>>
PLS
>>
>>91876943
the Hellboy in Hell library edition and the first of the Hell on Earth omnis was announced last month
>>
>>91877825

Is there any reason to collect the library editions or omnibus over the individual volumes?
>>
I miss Ben to, I hope they do a mini about his past or something, we didn't really get to see him dealing that much with his issues like the monkeys or the warejaguar, or what happened after he left the bprd but before she ran into him, sorry about your foot anon. Also read lobster Johnson, it's pretty fun and do you know about the anon that's storytiming the chronological mignolaverse on the weekends?
>>
>>91877941
I think it's cheaper overall for the omnis and better if you have space concerns

the library editions are just really nice
>>
>>91877961

Naw I had no idea about the storytiming. Where is he at ?

And I would love a Ben miniseries. His soul should still be in the wendigo, so he might come back.
>>
>>91878366
check the archive for chronological mignolaverse
>>
>>91878366
Ben in windigo form would be cool, he could take on smaller monsters but it would suck if he went up against a human bad guy. He wouldn't be able to kill them because of the curse
>>
Just read all the Chronological Mignolaverse threads.
>>
>>91876943
http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_Paperback_Collections This is a pretty complete guide to where all the stories are collected and which aren't.

libgen.io/comics should have most of the stories. Their servers are unreliable and slow so you'll need a download manager and possibly a proxy if you're in burgerland. For newer stuff searching "<series name> <number> http*" in a /co/ archive should give you download links.

As to the series I've read:
B.P.R.D. 194X is a flashback series, and Vampire is a sequel. I enjoyed them well enough, but not as much as mainline B.P.R.D.

Abe Sapien's first two volumes are adventure stories. Vol 3+ are set midway through Hell on Earth, so wait till you've read most of that before starting it. I found the ongoing boring after a while as its much more "slice of life" than most of the other series and it became repetitive, but it had very good art.

Lobster Johnson is a very pulpy adventure series, sort of humorous at times. One of my favourites.

Sledgehammer 44 is a WWII story, more melancholic than most of the other series. It provides some backstory for events later on in B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth.

Frankenstein Underground is about Frankenstein's Monster going underground. That's really all I can say. It's by far my favourite spinoff series, I really hope they return to this character in the future.

Rise of the Black Flame provides some backstory for Lobster Johnson and Sledgehammer 44. I found every issue extremely sparse and padded, I'd feel quite ripped off if I weren't a filthy pirate. I started skimming midway through, though the final issue was fairly good.

Overall, reading order doesn't matter a ton, other than getting to a certain point in Hell on Earth before starting volume 3 of Abe Sapien. For example the there's a macguffin that comes up in Hell on Earth, Lobster Johnson and Sledgehammer 44, but they contextualize it in each series when necessary.
>>
Chris Roberson is single handedly ruining the Mignolaverse, I couldn't even finish the last Hellboy and BPRD
>>
>>91880040

is he going to write the third act of bprd?
>>
>>91880360
at the moment it appears to be Allie, who I'm also not really a fan of. it's bumming me out, Hell on Earth wasn't paced perfectly but Arcudi is a very polished writer when it comes to character, dialogue and visual storytelling.
>>
>>91880360
>>91880360
this is an average Roberson page, covering up gorgeous art with word salads
>>
Where are The Pirate's Ghost and The Visitor storytimes?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.