[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some retard actually likes this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

Some retard actually likes this character?
>>
>>91865472
I think you meant to upload a Carol Danvers image, OP.

Diana is the female superhero with the best catalog.
>>
I wish i didn't, but she reminds me of my mom and i have some serious mommy issues.

Still, being a Wonder Woman fan is pure suffering. There are so many bad portrayals of her that the most consistent bad take on her characterization has almost become the default one.
>>
>>91865498
You mean her history is a cluttered mess with writers constantly rebooting her for a decade

WW sucks but since she is iconic because of the 70s show DC can't really just give up with her.

Her concept sucks though
Hence why little girls have abandoned her for Harley Quinn
>>
>>91865552
>You mean her history is a cluttered mess with writers constantly rebooting her for a decade
And yet she still has the best catalog of any female superhero.

Cry a river, Carolfag.
>>
>>91865532
>There are so many bad portrayals of her that the most consistent bad take on her characterization has almost become the default one.
For example?
>>
WW is your mom and moms aren't dads
that's the real problem with her character besides being female in a male dominated medium
also she's really boring
>>
>>91865592
The source is his own ass.

I wish /tv/ stayed in /tv/.
>>
https://youtu.be/WwbnvkMRPKM

10,000, a whole 10,000 whole years of screaming what the kinky cord motherfucker is doing
>>
>>91865579
Well if that's the bar then WW set it really low
Any random female character with an ongoing has a better catalog then her.

And that's because they aren't constantly getting rebooted once a new writers comes around.
Seriously 10 years of ongoing reboots
pants
no pants
jacket
no jacket
memories
no memories

WW is a mess and it began with marston who made a really poor female version of superman who could be beaten by being tied up with rope

WW never recovered from that imo
>>
>>91865579
Carol is bad but she's never gone 70+ years with shit writing like WW

Hell the only bright spot azzarello got met with scorn and subsequently rebooted yet again

Its pathetic
>>
>>91865686
>changing outfit is now considered a reboot.
>>
>>91865686
>Any random female character with an ongoing has a better catalog then her.
Such is the opinion of a Carolfag.

Go back to read Kelly Sue, friend.
>>
>>91865472
Why shouldn't we?
>>
>>91865552
It really does speak to how shitty DC's female characters are though
most of them are derivative of male characters but WW is a special case of a female character with a mythos and personality that are completely apposed to each other
>>
>>91865710
>Carol is bad but she's never gone 70+ years with shit writing like WW

>I literally never heard of Wolfman and Rucka
I want tumblr to leave.
>>
>>91865686
biggest mistake was perez revamp
they had to replace her on the JL with Black Canary

That's how you know the character is cancerous and nobody wants to use her.
>>
>>91865752
>It really does speak to how shitty DC's female characters are though
As opposed to Marvel female characters who doesn't have a story beyond having sex with the male heroes?
>>
>>91865761
>shit taste the post
next you are going to say gail simone's run was iconic
>>
>>91865552
>Her concept sucks though
>Hence why little girls have abandoned her for Harley Quinn
Because Doctor who fucked her way through college who then gets brainwashed by a psychopath into becoming his bitch and helping him with his crimes is a better concept for little girls to grab onto?
>>
>>91865472
Lol good one op
>>
>>91865810
>gail simone's run was iconic
Not as iconic as Brian Reed (AKA the second Alan Moore) on Carol Danvers, I guess.
>>
File: wwbeaton.jpg (104KB, 800x287px) Image search: [Google]
wwbeaton.jpg
104KB, 800x287px
pretty much sums up why WW is shit to me
Most of her fans don't even really like her outside of superficial reasons
>>
>>91865852
Just like Batfags.
>>
>>91865800
vs DC females becoming bisexual or lesbian because its trendy

Marvel at least has its characters act like human beings
>>
File: harley cupcake.jpg (106KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
harley cupcake.jpg
106KB, 500x384px
>>91865812
No they just agree Harley Quinn is fun and not a boring stick in the mud like WW
>>
>>91865864
>batman
>is the only superhero that has actual literary potential outside of monday cartoons
>the most iconic (and overall the best) line of villains in any piece of fiction conceived
>has had actual talent working behind him

go kill yourself
>>
>>91865883
With marvel putting bonus Koranic verses of course
>>
>>91865472
Yes. His name is Greg Rucka. He thinks he is a lesbian. He needs serious help.
>>
>>91865917
don't take the bait anon
we aren't arguing batman vs WW we are just arguing the superficial reasons people put up with shitty writing on WW for decades

Iconoclasm being the main thing keeping WW afloat now
>>
>>91865909
WW has a mommy personality but somehow injustice Harley can both be a mommy and fun at the same time.

DC really has failed WW
>>
Meanwhile outside /co/, in the real world.

Wonder Woman #18 - 47,484
Wonder Woman #19 - 46,745
Hulk #4 - 30,304
Mighty Captain Marvel #3 - 28,649
Jessica Jones #6 - 27,342
Gamora #4 - 21,136
Elektra #2 - 19,712
Ms. Marvel #16 - 19,172

If nobody likes her and she outsells EVERY Marvel female without even trying, does this means that Marvel females are beyond trash?
>>
>>91865472
She reminds many readers of their mom.
That's literally the only reason.
>>
>>91865986
yes
>>
>>91866063
Then that's the answers.

People like Wonder Woman because if you want to read female characters, only Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Cassandra Cain are readable, since all Marvel female characters are beyond trash and don't have anything outside of something that Claremont or Byrne write only to masturbate.
>>
>>91865592

What has come to be called so affectionately as "Betty Bonkers Wonder Woman".
>>
>>91865986
all the good Marvel girls are X-men
>>
>>91865472
You don't like tits and ass? What are you? Gay?
>>
>>91867082
Fuck off Linkara.
Also, not canon comicbook made by a moron.
>>
>>91865472
I've tried reading about her.
She's either the compassionate mother and sister figure to all mankind who truly loves everyone...
...or a hardass lesbian killing machine who kills disgusting men (which is all men amirite lmao) to destroy the oppressive patriarchy.
I love this character and loathe this character, depending on the writer.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.