[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Batman Support American Drug Laws?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Like let's say Batman caught some dickhead thugs smoking weed in a alley, would he break every bone in their body and leave them on Gordon's doorstep?

Extra Credit: What if he caught Joker smoking weed? (thats his only crime he committed that week)
>>
>>91862698
its not like joker kills his parent
>>
>>91862698
>Like let's say Batman caught some dickhead thugs smoking weed in a alley, would he break every bone in their body and leave them on Gordon's doorstep?

Which Batman?

Pic related would beat them, maim a couple permanently through excessive force, probably kill anybody who looked like they might be carrying more than "personal use", murder the medical dispensary staff by driving his tank into them, and so on.

Arkham-series Batman would mash A repeatedly until the problem went away, then level up a totally unrelated skill tree to make a late-game boss fight easier.

Adam West Batman would spray some air freshener and have a polite chat with anybody who wasn't dealing, maybe talk about medical uses and the dangers of operating heavy machinery under the influence for a moment, then sadly arrest the culprits and hand them over to equally sad Chief O'Hara before gently remonstrating with the Commissioner about it. As long as they weren't commies or Keynsians - then he'd really be mad about it.

Anybody else... it's up to the writer. Assuming Gotham is basically Jersey (or New York like 40 years ago at the latest, but with modern laws), it's a fine at most for the majority of possession cases, with optional jail time for people who aren't being cool.

But at this point it's legalized in 9 out of 50+ jurisdictions (including DC and other non-states that are part of the federal union), decriminalized in a further 14 (including New York) and available on a scrip in a further 39.

So I'm guessing he wouldn't bother in most places, unless he's retarded. He's not usually written trying to impose what he thinks the law should be over what the law actually is, is he?

From 1937 to 1969, incidentally, he'd have probably been fine with it as long as the due tax was paid on the sale

>Extra Credit: What if he caught Joker smoking weed? (thats his only crime he committed that week)

Crimes don't get rolled over at the end of the week if you haven't been caught yet.
>>
>>91862751
no but let's not forget that his parents are dead
>>
>>91862698
I dont know i think that >>91862964 is right that it would depend on what batman but i think we dont know enough about the BvS Batman yet. I think nolan Batman would be cool with it, he gets high all the time on the fear toxin shit, he cant be a hater.
>>
Not one single iteration of batman is beating up on users. He's mean to criminals not victims. He'd beat the fuck out of a heroin dealer though. Probably the way he treated the sex trafficker.

Those aren't victimless crimes, they effect hundreds of people through degrees-of-separation. Batman generally fights so there are no more victims, not so there is no more crime. That's the distinction I make at least. He doesn't want another him to be created (a lost, orphan not a masked vigilante... that too though). Victimless crimes like shooting up or buying a drug seems to me something batman would either snitch on to someone that could be more gentle or even just to bring them in to a rehab clinic paid for by that rich Wayne guy he knows so well.
>>
>>91862698

Batman doesn't beat up users. When he arrests them, it's usually either for more violent crimes they committed while using, or for dealing (heroin, cocaine, etc.).

I can't imagine him ever giving two shits about some teens smoking reefer.
>>
>>91863919
Only way I see him caring is if it's a kid he's tried helping before. Like in "War on Crime". If a kid he helped (I assume he keeps an eye on them every once in a while) started to get high he might drop in, spook him, and tell him rumpelstiltskin is cool and to drink yoo-hoo.
>>
>>91862964
Quality post.
>>
>>91862698
THugs: Ask them to come in, then knock them out if they try to run
Joker: He'd probs follow him until he found out this weeks plot
>>
>>91864265
>tfw you're just trying to chill and smoke a dubbie but some freak dress as a Bat is stalking you waiting knock your teeth out
>>
Batfleck would murdee them
>>
>>91865395
So funny.
>>
File: batlaugh.jpg (150KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
batlaugh.jpg
150KB, 1000x563px
>>91862964
>Arkham-series Batman would mash A repeatedly until the problem went away, then level up a totally unrelated skill tree to make a late-game boss fight easier.
>>
File: 1487712283432.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487712283432.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>91862698
>would he break every bone in their body and leave them on Gordon's doorstep?

He's a superhero not a cop.
>>
>>91867708
Kek
>>
Probably if they are part of a gang
>>
>>91862698
Batman wouldn't punish the users, he would find the dealers, through torture if necessary and he'd most likely take your drugs but you've got to be a pretty scummy person to personally attract the bats attention in gotham to begin with.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.