[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did y'all think of this episode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: brian and stewie.png (358KB, 635x655px) Image search: [Google]
brian and stewie.png
358KB, 635x655px
What did y'all think of this episode?
>>
>brian eating stewie's shit
kino
>>
>>91860118
About as good as Family Guy gets...
>Only the two best characters
>No cutaways
>>
>>91860118
>that poor attempt to make Brian sympathetic
>>
>>91860118
>>
I give it points for trying to tell a different kind of story - for Family Guy, and for Western mainstream adult animation.

Unfortunately it's Family Guy, so the shock/gore humor and lack of narrative flow drag it down.
>>
>>91860258
>two best characters
Those aren't Chris and Joe.
>>
>>91860118
I really enjoyed it as a change of pace. I've always liked when shows oriented around silly themes or slapstick comedy get serious.
>>
File: Joe.png (84KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
Joe.png
84KB, 500x352px
>>91863129
>>
Aside from the shit eating and rimming, probably the best Family Guy episode post-revival. Though, that's really not saying a whole lot.

Still didn't make me give a shit about Brian.
>>
I give it props for no cutaways and trying to be different, but they dragged out the whole Brian eating Stewie's diaper scene a little too long.
>>
>>91860118

Liked it because Brian realized is that his true destiny is to be the best friend to a kid born to a shitty family. Dragged out longer than necessary but a good episode.
>>
>>91860118
It's literally the worst episode of Family Guy ever. The fact that /co/ doesn't loathe it shows how terrible of a board it is.

Family Guy is best for cheap laughs, when it tries to do shitty melodrama, it falls flat on its face. Same thing with that fucking hurricane episode.
>>
>>91860118
it was about as good as a mediocre episode of American Dad, which is outstanding for Family Guy
>>
>>91860118
Drama doesn't really work when the involved characters were basically used as cheap platforms for telling shitty jokes two episodes ago.
>>
>>91860118
Brian should've killed himself.
>>
How is a dog allowed to buy a gun?
>>
>>91867047
same reason he's allowed to buy a Prius and have a drivers license
>>
File: 1492183553831.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492183553831.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>have to stay in a bank vault for 2 days
>uuuuuuh how dark and depressing, let's get drunk and talk about mortality
>>
>DUDE LE EDGY COMEDY SHOW IS DOING AN EP WITH TALKING ONLY SO FUCKING DEEP
it's shit
>>
I found the writer's twitter and told him to eat shit.
>>
>Family guy episode starts
>Character X is doing some crap (maybe with character Y)
>X does something with Y and it develops into the main plot-line of the episode with the help of useless LE FUNE flashbacks
>Sometimes a sub-plotline is shown through the episode and character C does some shit (because the episodes are 22 minutes long)
>More "funny" gags with X & Y
>Something something "oh fuck i fucked up i'm sorry ch. Y i realized i was doin-" while the fucking screen slowly approaches ch. X
>Awkward music with both smiling at each other
>Sub-plotline with Character C is used for the end of the episode as a gag
Is this the Family Guy formula?
>>
>>91871173

Well if by Family Guy you mean most sitcoms. The Simpson's episode I saw yesterday started out with Homer taking sleeping pills to cure insomnia which led to sleep walking and Bart taking advantage to make zombie Homer drive him around town until they crashed into the fire station injuring all the firemen and setting up the actual plot: Homer and some other volunteer firefighters robbing people whose places caught on fire.
>>
Forced hack shit.
>>
>we're going to make a serious episode about serious issues
>let's do a five minute "Brian eats Stevie's shit" gag
>oh and then he throws it up and has to eat shitty vomit

Family Guy really does go for the bottom of the barrel too often. There seriously wasn't one person in the writers room to suggest anything better? Not even cutting it completely but did you really need to drag that joke out over that long? You're trying something new and this is what you waste your time on? And then expect us to find the douche discussion insightful? Ten minutes after watching one character literally eat shit?
>>
>>91871587
>douche

How the fuck do you get that from suicide auto-correct?
>>
>>91860118

It was fine except for the part where Brian eats Stewie's crap. That was just completely unnecessary, not to mention a lame attempt at shock value.
>>
>>91860118
Another "Family Guy tries to be emotional and serious but do an awful job of it" episode.
>>
>>91863129
Joe's easily the best character, bar none.

>This is stupid IWANNATALKABOUTVAGINAS
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.