[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would Walt feel about modern Disney?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: walt-disney-9275533-1-402.jpg (121KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
walt-disney-9275533-1-402.jpg
121KB, 1200x1200px
How would Walt feel about modern Disney?
>>
>>91858037
Modern Disney makes a lot of money and that's all he cares about.
>>
Artistically betrayed, financially proud.
>>
>>91858037

Didn't he really like animation? How would he feel to see that 2D is dead?
>>
Disney controls some of the most popular franchises out there, Disneyland is a cultural phenomenon known even by mud farming peseants in shitfuckistan, and their lawyers still meddle with copyrights. All according to his vision.
>>
>>91858055
Walt only gave a shit about the theme parks by the end.
>>
His autistic ass was more focused on making his surreal dreamworld a reality, his films were only one possible path to this goal, so he'd probably jizz his scratchy wool pants over seeing even more parks with advanced technology like holograms and plans for bonafide robots.
>>
>>91858037
something something too many jews
>>
File: 1489993626135.png (55KB, 263x149px)
1489993626135.png
55KB, 263x149px
>>91858097
>mfw reading about his plans for EPCOT before cancer got him
Walt really did want people to live in some weird dreamworld.
>>
>>91858037
"At least it's not anime. Two bombs weren't enough."

-Walt Disney
>>
>>91858037
>>91858068
Walt was always quick to embrace new technology, so I'm sure he'd be satisfied with CG, but nonetheless disappointed that the studio is no longer producing hand-drawn films.

Overall, his biggest disappointments wouldn't be with the feature animation studio, but with the live-action television programming. Things like We Will Rise and Blackish wouldn't fit in with his conservative world view. I mean, the guy was pretty liberal for his time. He hired Jews and blacks, and he wanted to train some women so they could eventually become animators. But he would be considered alt-right by today's media because of his traditional American values. Like, he'd probably be fine with most of the content in Star Vs., but the gay background characters would definitely trigger him.
>>
>>91858133
Great men like him are kept down by the weak in today's America. ;_;
>>
He'd be impressed and depressed by CGI at the same time, I think he'd really like the renaissance in the 90's

He'd be the most pissed at them turning his city into a theme park though, and a the world in general that it doesn't look like how he'd always dreamt it would
>>
>>91858162
Art school student who was penniless until he started drawing talking animals.

Yeah... we don't have any of those anymore...
>>
>>91858133
Like 1 in every 3 futurists from the 50s-60s thought we were all gonna live in self-contained pod cities that sent shuttles up to the moon 3 times a day. Wild times.
>>
>>91858133
I once read this alternate history fanfiction shit about a world where Walt becomes president. EPCOTS are implemented as planned communities like all those projects American cities tried during the post-war urban renewal periods. They go over about as well, too.
>>
>>91858222
We can still hope, anon.
>>
>>91858055
>Artistically betrayed
How? Unless you're referring to the loss of traditional animation Walt's period basically did the same content as modern Disney animation which is like taking fairy tale shit and translating them into these family friendly flicks.
>>
File: 1457362653556s.jpg (6KB, 250x140px)
1457362653556s.jpg
6KB, 250x140px
>>91858244
Movie or tv series about living in EPCOT would be awesome
>>
File: wwrgwrgwrgwwgwr.png (14KB, 610x119px)
wwrgwrgwrgwwgwr.png
14KB, 610x119px
>>
>>91858307
ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
>>
He will hate it, Walt hated UPA and it's ilk and will hate what happen to CalArts.

>>91858144
You do know that Walt loved Tezuka's work and wanted to make a TV show like Astro Boy (This was before Tezuka made the (furry) ludes as that came after Walt's death) which is why Disney's early TV shows were made in Japan, right?
>>
>>91858304
They were more like Celebration, Florida if it were behind walls than the EPCOT which Walt envisioned, from what I remember.
>>
File: Home-04.jpg (69KB, 550x348px) Image search: [Google]
Home-04.jpg
69KB, 550x348px
He would be happy that his company is the biggest media corporation now
He would be happy about tech advantage and actually wouldn't give a shit about 2D animation because CGI was always an ultimate goal they just didn't have that technology yet
He would only be mad that those productions are soulless shit with no charm or creativity
>>
File: u52gRNybAmAy4.gif (3MB, 480x360px)
u52gRNybAmAy4.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>91858378
Internet jokes, sometimes I make them. Sometimes, they work, sometimes they don't.
>>
i think he'd like cg films because he's obsessed with suspension of disbelief, The Illusion Of Life fluid movements that don't come to a complete halt
the pacing comedy and music would confuse the hell out of him though
>>
he would die a second time if he watched the tv shows though
>>
>>91858133
Hah people thought Andrew Ryan was a caricature of Walt. He was less inverted mirror of him. A lesser Reflection even.
>>
>>91858487
He'd dive right into VR Tech. Probably acquire or start working with Valve.
>>
"What the FUCK did you do?"
>>
>>91858684
Now that I think about it, what would Walt have felt about the recent live-action adaptations? Bet both Alice movies would've given him an aneurysm.
>>
>>91858753
no sexy girl in jungle book

I think he wouldn't like any of them
>>
>>91858753
dunno after his issues with Marry Poppins I think as long as they made them better movies he'd be okay overall with the results.
>>
>>91858037
>you made HOW much money?
>good job
>>
>>91858037
It's run by Jews now. He'd have a fucking aneurism.
>>
>>91858814
Why would Jews make his nuts shrink?
>>
>>91858133
>that time Batman TAS made an episode where Batman and Robin fought against Mr. Freeze and Walt Disney
>>
>>91858891
>Walt Disney used robots from Castle In The Sky
>>
>>91858915
That was the Fleischer bros, not Walt.
>>
>>91858814
Walt was willing to overlook his antisemitism as long as it made him mad cash.
>>
>>91858037
He'd look for another starving artist he could exploit.

Seriously fuck you OP
>>
>>91858037

See here is the conundrum.

In order for Walt to feel anything about modern Disney, he'd need to be alive to experience it.
But if Walt were alive, he'd never allow Modern Disney to exist in the first place.

So Walt can't actually feel anything about modern Disney (Until they revive him as Frankenwalt)
>>
>>91858222
And then the counterculture happened.

>>91858814
"Walt was an antisemite" was a lie spread by butthurt communists after the McCarthy era.
>>
>>91858307
wtf i love walt disney now
>>
>>91858307
Only to turn out that that is false.
>>
>>91858055
>Artistically
more like

>politically
>>
>>91859648
He was all about the politics of profit. If putting a gay guy in beauty and the beast made him a billion dollars, he'd do it. If showing a black guy eating a watermelon and stealing a bike made him a billion dollars, he'd do it.
>>
File: poff.png (91KB, 159x204px) Image search: [Google]
poff.png
91KB, 159x204px
>People still believe Walt was antisemite
>>
>>91859772
blame family goy for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAcIzPmOhBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xGlrx2l8hs
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.