[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CAN THEY SAVE IT ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Theoretical situation: Platinum games is tasked with doing the next season of Legend of Korra. They have free reign over the plot and instead of classical animation they will use their game engine to animate it.

Could it work ? Would you give it a chance ?
>>
Does this mean we could get a villain end for Korra herself? I'd kind of like that.
>>
>>91856068
Oh, fuck, I confused Platinum with Telltale for some strange reason. Never mind.
>>
>>91856087
>telltale
Their engine can barely animate a fist fight and you'd want them to try animating bending?
>>
>>91855983

No. It's over man.
>>
>>91856329
All it takes is one good writer and one good run to redeem a character. I would give it a chance, especially if they the villain fun in that Platinum style.
>>
>>91855983
>free reign
rein
>>
the "next season" is gonna be the comics
>>
>>91855983

No, they tried their hand at Korra and the best they could do was something boring. Let it stay dead.
>>
Didn't Platinum actually make a Korra game? How was it?
>>
File: 1421817016219.png (305KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1421817016219.png
305KB, 500x353px
>check the comic artist's tumblr because whatever
>she says she added black people to the setting
>>
>>91856483
It was fine, what head it back is that it was a budget game rather than a real well funded project.
>>
>>91855983
>bending is powerful again
>Probably moreso than in the original series
>Avatar state us CUH-RAY-ZEE
>We get more giant robot vs. people fights
>Korra picks up a whole fucking building with bending (becaus,e you know, concrete is stone and there's metal reinforcements) and clubs a machine to death with it
>>
File: 1489818579389.gif (76KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1489818579389.gif
76KB, 160x120px
>>91856492
>Everyone in Avatarland is some flavor of asian or inuit
>"BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BLACK PEOPLE"
Of course
>>
File: 1418761170332.png (114KB, 467x554px) Image search: [Google]
1418761170332.png
114KB, 467x554px
>>91856623
i guess she won't mind if people start making white avatar ocs then
>>
Can someone tell me why Avatar fans have such a problem letting go? The first series was alright and the second one never topped a 6 or a 7. Why after over a decade since the show started do people still want to see more of this ill thought out mess? There's noting in TLA or LOK that hasn't been done elsewhere and better.
>>
>>91856663
i don't think people ever thought there'd be another avatar series after atla, but since lok happened and it was about the avatar after aang people have liked the idea of a full cycle getting its own show.

also people are still bitter about lok and don't want it to be the franchise's ending note.
>>
>>91856645
How the fugg do you obviously portray an asian in a style, anyway? Like Overwatch has two Asian girls and two Asian guys. None of them have even slightly narrowed eyes. One gets a pass because he might as well be a robot but seriously, chalk it up to my evil Eurocentric mindset, but if D.Va and Mei didn't speak Chinese or Korean I'd never have thought them Asian

>>91856663
When you grow up with something it begins to have a hold over you. Thankfully, I didn't grow up with or particularly enjoy Avatar as it was coming out.
>>
>>91856714
there are ways to do it besides just the eyes and dark hair but i can't find the tutorial for it. blizzard and a lot of other artists are pretty guilty of just drawing a white person, changing their hair/skin/eye color and smacking an asian name on them.
>>
>>91856759
A shallow and round face are also pretty good, but seriously the #1 Asian identifier is the epicanthic fold BUT GOD HELP HIM WHO DARES to allude to it in any fashion or it might as well be "slapajap" propaganda in the eyes of the terminally offended
>>
>>91856147
Yeah but their game would probably be better written than LOK.
>>
File: zzzzzzzzz.png (1MB, 1434x806px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzz.png
1MB, 1434x806px
Whatever gets me emotionally crippled Earth Republic president Bolin.
>>
>>91856663
The way you ask it just makes you sound bitter. More than that, the question is why they want more when both series are over? They completed their plots and had endings. Why would they need another season? Sometimes it's okay for stuff to just end.
>>
>>91856696
>>91856944
What flabbergasts me is why people care so much as to think more seasons are even a good idea. Korra was disappointing across the board, why would another series not be the same? It's the same shit as the original Teen Titans.
>>
>>91857030
Teen Titans was fine aside from tossing in that stupid episode about Terra as the finale.
>>
File: korra_cyborg.jpg (862KB, 750x1236px) Image search: [Google]
korra_cyborg.jpg
862KB, 750x1236px
>>91855983

This one is better.
>>
>>91857095
But it was a show that was, at best, a seven. Even at seven, you can't even talk about Raven or Starfire without someone saying they should bring back the show. What I'm getting at is that neither of these are a Batman or Justice League or Samurai Jack, they're mediocre.
>>
>>91857217
Oh, fuck off with giving arbitrary number scores to shows. It makes you sound like a pretentious cunt. You either liked it or you didn't, simple as that.
>>
>>91857212
I'd argue but didn't expect more people to make art combining those two.
>>
>>91859178
It makes sense because Platinum has a huge fanbase.
>>
>>91859250
Well it's well earned. Personally I wouldn't actually mind a darker Avatar story, what could it be about ?
>>
>>91860333
This may be a bit too dark for TV, but... Lesbians.
>>
>>91861696
True, they have to delegate sick stuff like that and black people to the comics.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.