[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Parks Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 402
Thread images: 70

File: Mystic Manor HK.jpg (506KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Mystic Manor HK.jpg
506KB, 1024x683px
What's the best attraction at a non-US Disney Park and why is it Hong Kong's Mystic Manor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeDx6V8dmXg
>>
>>91849685
That's pretty rad. Nice to see Disney can still make great rides even in this day and age. I understand alot of people were upset when Nordstrom was replaced by Frozen in Disney World Florida.

My family goes every 4 years during the summer but this time we decided to go during Thanksgiving last year. Capacity was NUTS! It was nice to experience the parks during the Holidays, but from now on we plan on going during the Spring/Summer. Much less crowded, the days are longer, and much more to do.

Favorite rides are Haunted Mansion and Star Tours.
>>
File: FEA.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FEA.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
>>91850016
Epcot fags get so butthurt if you touch anything (Sorry guys, nobody was riding World of Motion or Horizons when they got shut down) but Frozen Ever After is a legitimately great D-Ticket dark ride and gets bonus points for being post-movie, not a book report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElpJFzVB1SE
>>
>>91850016
>Nordstrom
Nordstrom is a store, silly. The Maelstrom is still alive in spirit, the ride is almost exactly the same track, including uphill into a bright light, backwards downhill, etc. All the animatronics are top fuckin' notch, especially the Olaf at the beginning. Looks like he's actually walking around on his fat little legs.

I've never been to a non-US Disney property, but I always enjoy Haunted Mansion and Pirates when I go. I got to go on Expedition Everest 6 times in one night with my daughter as they closed, so that was really cool. Little fart never wanted to sit in front, though.
>>
>tfw hollywood studios will never be a full park
>>
>>91850335
>>91850349
I didn't even get to ride The Frozen ride because, going during the holidays, it was at about a 2 hour wait at all times.

Rather than wait in line with my fiance, which was her first time going at all, we decided to do other things instead. I'm sure it will be less busy next time we go, especially during the summer.
>>
>>91850479
The lines are a meme. I once queued when it had a posted 90 minute wait, took less than 20 minutes on standby. They artificially inflate them to disperse crowds and fuck with the Guest Assistance Card holders (goddamn retards, we could have a whole thread about the "autism pass")
>>
>>91850528
>go on toy story yesturday
>posted 45 minutes
>off ride in around 20
>star tours posted 30
>off ride in like 20
>>
File: Ariel wdw.jpg (92KB, 696x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Ariel wdw.jpg
92KB, 696x1024px
>>91850601
But the meet and greets don't lie
>>
File: DSC_4700.jpg (2MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4700.jpg
2MB, 2992x2000px
>>91850681
we might aswell go ahead and start the waifu posting these threads last longer with it
>>
>>91850479
>went with my fiancé to the Florida parks as well
>she'd never been but she knows I go every year and this is my Mecca
>didn't give a fuck about her, trooped on like I do every year
>no shits about 1-2 hour lines, ignore the kids asking their parents where my kids are in character meets
>take her to shitty Hollywood studios in the Florida downpours because even the shitty parks have something and at least I get to use my Disney ponchos for a fourth time
>tired, beaten, broken, bruised
>she doesn't see me even enjoy anything because all of my happiness is internal at this point and I go here like a pilgrim suffering in modern Jerusalem because it's my duty
>she knew what she was getting into

She's seen my pictures and she's talked to my friends who were veterans of going to the parks with me. Everyone told her that she should take it easy and bring me to California Disneyland if she wanted to live through the week. Dumb bint thought it would be nice to book a 4-park for Florida and thought that everybody was exaggerating.

We're still together but she's cancelled the Disney cruise and stay at the Hawaii resort that we were supposed to go to for our honeymoon.
>>
>>91850479
I went in the week leading up to H'ween. The first time we went on the ride, we got in line as the fireworks show was starting. Estimated time was 75 minutes, but we got through in 20.

A few days later we went again during the day with our daughter. The wait then was 2 hours, and by God did it take 2 hours. Sometimes the time is accurate, and sometimes it ain't. I think you can get an app on your phone to tell you the estimated time. Also, when I went, you could go over to the Frozen ride as soon as the park opened; you didn't have to wait for World Showcase.

That German buffet is delicious, but it will take all of your money.
>>
File: Kimmy Schmidt season 3.jpg (250KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kimmy Schmidt season 3.jpg
250KB, 1280x720px
>>91850742
>That's the idea
>>
>>91850755
honestly you sound like a right asshole
>>
>>91850335
>>91850349
Eh, Frozen Ever After just feels more like a meet and greet then an actual ride.

You have Oaken and Olaf on marketing duty an barking about your trip to the mountain to meet Elsa. Then you pass by a bunch of snot nosed troll kids asking Grandpa to put the DVD of the movie on again. Then you get to the castle and run into Elsa for like 20 seconds before she sings her one song and sends you away so Marshmallow the burly Character Bouncer can fling you off the mountain and then you get some anticlimactic fireworks and an awkward In Summer singalong.

New build over in Magic Kingdom would have been better. Could have recycled those old Enchanted Snow Palace concepts by Marc Davis from the 70s.
>>
>>91850755
Jim Hill really should retire
>>
>>91850755
You sound like a bitter jerk, and should lighten up and enjoy yourself.

The cruise is great, you're missing out.
>>
>>91850528
Lines may be a meme most of the time but man I'm not so sure during Holidays. Everything telling about wait times was pretty close to spot on.

>>91850755
That sucks that your fiance cancelled your honeymoon plans but from everything you've told you really didn't seem to make it fun for her either. My fiance and I plan on going to Disney World for our honeymoon because we're pretty much kids at heart, and she really enjoyed it even with the busy holiday crowds.

>>91850756
I've always been curious about that German buffet, I'll have to go next time.
>>
>>91850755
>Dragging your gf from place to place without caring about whether or not she's having a good time
Your relationship is not going to last long.

>Cancelled the Disney cruise
Your loss.
>>
File: DSC_4691.jpg (4MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_4691.jpg
4MB, 2992x2000px
GOAT
>>
>>91850886
Honestly, why go around Christmas?
>>
>>91850857
>>91850812
I can't deny it. I am a bitter asshole and Disney is the only joy I get in the world apart from family and friends so I have to do it my right and my way.

And the cruises are great. Got to meet Belle's VA and hang out with chip and dale. Shame about the resort, never been to one of those:
>>
>>91850937
My family wanted to give it a whirl after only going during the Spring and Summer. We enjoyed it but we'll be sticking with Spring and Summer from now on.
>>
>>91850937
Magic Kingdom is really festive during the holidays if that's your thing. Otherwise, September has always been the best time of year to go.
>>
>>91850974
>my right and my way
>forcing "fun"
>acknowledging you're acting worse than a four year old but not striving to be better

Good luck with that marriage. yikes.
>>
>>91850886
My wife really wanted to go to it, being from an uber-German family. I was freaked out by the price and the fact that all you smell outside is sauerkraut, but it's better inside. Tons of food (of course, it's a buffet), live German polka you can get onto the floor and dance to, a nice faux-village atmosphere. I've never had better pretzels and beer&cheese soup. Eat it for lunch and you'll be too full for dinner. It might be cheaper that way too, I can't remember.
>>
>>91850974
>I have to do it my right and my way
That's the problem. Your gf was probably miserable during that trip and wasn't having any fun at all. Go by yourself next time.
>>
>>91850937
I can say from experience that early December is the best time to go for holidays. All the festive stuff with a lot less of the crowds.
>>
>>91851066
It seemed like the last place anyone wanted to go during the holidays. When we were at Epcot we ate at the Coral Reef restaurant. That was really great, price is also outrageous but the service was fantastic and the food was awesome. I recommend going if you haven't before.
>>
>>91851069
For the sake of our relationship, We agree that I am now.

It was an unfortunate but expected outcome.
>>
File: 1489535580680.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489535580680.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
>>91851146
>unfortunate but expected outcome
Please stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself, us, and dragging the thread down.
>>
File: DSC_0387.jpg (2MB, 3696x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0387.jpg
2MB, 3696x2448px
>>91850937
>>
Been saving up since forever but I finally ahve enough
I'm currently planning a 10 day trip down to Disney World
2 days at each park
and the other 2 days exploring other shit

is 10 days overkill?
>>
>>91851755
Ehh, depends on the person I guess. I would love to go for 10 days but as someone who's gone there plenty of times, I can't imagine spending more than a day in Animal Kingdom and a Day in Hollywood studious.

Until Hollywood studios gets their StarWars, Toy Story, and Avatar expansion I really can't see that changing.

My recommendation: Give Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios a day each, then the other parks two days if you truly want to. The rest of the money can be used for food at whatever restaurant you wish and cool souvenirs you want to grab.
>>
>>91851755
You can pretty much see everything that's in Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in one day each. I think Magic Kingdom is really the only park where it would take multiple days to do everything. A seven day trip may be better than ten unless you want to take a couple days to go to Universal or some other area.
>>
Anybody else giant sperglords meeting princesses?
>>
File: DSC_2109.jpg (3MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2109.jpg
3MB, 2992x2000px
>>91851755
I would do a week at must you dont need 2 days for ak or dhs
>>
>>91851832
>>91851843
>>91851914
okay
I'll cut Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios to one day

are they boring or bland?
>>
>>91851888
No I try to act normal as possible, but I'll keep a lingering hand or try to grab their tits. Most don't mind, and the worst they do is bat you away. They deal with such touchy kids all day their bodies are desensitized to it.
>>
>>91852011
Hollywood studios is boring AK is bland.
>>
File: DSC_2314.jpg (331KB, 2098x1666px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2314.jpg
331KB, 2098x1666px
>>91851888
ive been a cm for 3 months now and have yet to overcome my fear to meet princesses solo
>>91852011
ak isnt boring to me but some people dont get it
dhs just doesnt have enough to keep you in the park all day unless you want to see every single show and even then its a stretch
>>91852017
dont be that guy
>>
>>91852080
You're supposed to get lost in the trails and go to Rafiki's Planet Watch. Most people just want to ride big rides and bolt.
>>
>>91851888
My fiance went to Disney World her first time last Thanksgiving. She had always been really afraid of people in animal costumes but I told her that when she saw characters that were familiar to her that would change. She was a bit apprehensive about Mickey and the classic characters, but I saw her really start to come around when she saw Stitch her first time, she loved that. She decided she wanted to see Ariel and she absolutely freaked when it finally happened, after that she begged to go see as many princesses as we could, which we did. great stuff.

>>91852011
They aren't boring or bland by any means, they just need more content. Hollywood Studios is going through a bit of an identity crisis right now, you'll probably spend a good portion of the day going around the park and the rest of it doing nothing but Star Tours because the ride changes each time you ride it.

Animal Kingdom, that's a bit more complicated, I didn't really appreciate its size until I went on a backstage tour with my fiance, I wanted to surprise her because she's getting into biology. The park is small but they ARE expanding on it VERY slowly, or at least they have plans to. In reality, the actual park portion of it takes up about 33% of the entire facility, while the rest of the place is a huge area for keeping the animals fed, healthy, etc. It's pretty amazing.
>>
>>91852121
They always stick the ugly Belles in Epcot.
>>
>>91852176
delet
>>
>>91852148
Fucking Sequel Trilogy integration ruins the theme of Star Tours: The Adventure Continues as being between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.
>>
>>91852230
I was a bit apprehensive about the new Star Tours myself honestly, but it was very clever of them to make the ride different each time. I had fun riding it regardless. Went about 7 times in a row. Was so pissed I never saw the Hoth portion.
>>
So they did some hardhat tour of the Guardians of the Galaxy overhaul of DCA's Tower of Terror and it sounds like they're going full on "Ironic edge comedy capeshit" with it.

Like the ride being a disgusting eyesore is part of the whole point because the Collector decided that Disneyland was the right place to set up shop and attract tons of tourists.

The giftshop is connected to the story as well in that by ride's end, you have started a gigantic riot and now all of the Collector's employees are selling off the Collector's shit to make a few bucks in the middle of the chaos.
>>
>>91852276
Hoth is the best, and has a Mission:Space reference
>>
File: 1491107793752.png (207KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491107793752.png
207KB, 300x300px
>>91851888
It's only as weird as you make it.
>been hugged by Rapunzel
>>
SUPERSTAR LIMO MUST RETURN AND I WILL FIGHT EVERYONE WHO STANDS IN ITS WAY
>>
>>91852320
fucking hell goddammit. Out of the ones I did see I liked the Naboo and Corusant bits the most. Also, Darth Vader pushing the ship around was fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1474853108202.png (542KB, 614x701px) Image search: [Google]
1474853108202.png
542KB, 614x701px
>People deny that this is a Marvel board
>We've got to the point where we're shilling Marvel rides at Disneyland
I miss /co/mblr
>>
On the topic of character meet and greets, went to Hollywood studios. Pretty awesome seeing Chewbacca. Went to see Kylo Ren, that was ok, kind of weird hearing his voice come from the ceiling. When my dad asked if Kylo Ren could Force Choke him for a picture the said that was a big nono, I assume for family reasons. Fucking LAME.

Went around and there were a pair of Jawas walking around casually taking pictures with people giving hugs, high fives, Voices, glowing eyes everything. Took a picture with them and told them they were a hell of alot more fun than Kylo Ren, way cooler too. To which they giggled gave a thumbs up and high fived my dad and I.

They need to relax and let us get force choked if we want that. Great photo opportunity.

>>91852390
They're getting like, what that one Guardians of the Galaxy Ride? I don't know of any others in Disneyland.
>>
>>91852390
>tripfag thinks their opinion matters

oof
>>
>>91852011
Hollywood Studios has very little to actually do right now because half the park is under construction for new lands and some other stuff is being closed for no reason. Even so, you definitely want to visit at night and see Fantasmic.

Both parks are neat. Just not enough stuff in them to warrant being there more than one day.

I'm still pissed that the former real animation studio was changed into a Star Wars meet and greet hub. Way to shit on your legacy.
>>
>>91852552
At least they have that Walt Disney Memorial Walkthrough thing which is pretty cool.
>>
File: DSC_2544.jpg (368KB, 1844x1713px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2544.jpg
368KB, 1844x1713px
>>91852319
im ok with this
>>91852320
whats the reference?
>>
>>91852589
Yeah, but they keep replacing the movie at the end with previews for whatever thing Disney currently has in theaters now while wasting a theater slot elsewhere in the park on "Star Wars Saga clipshow that's not much better then a YouTube Supercut"
>>
>>91852659
ouch, man They're having a really hard time with that parl.

Anyone remember Drew Carry's theater show thing?
>>
>>91852594
Same computer lady voice when you teeter over the edge on Hoth and after crashing on Mars.
>>
>>91849685
China is afraid of ghosts, so we got this magic monkey fun instead. And Tron Light Cycles seems fun. Will Splash Mountain be revamped to a Zootopia ride? I want Disney to make my Fox Lover real through the power of auto-erotica
>>
>>91852230
Eh, it's not exactly internally consistent. You still have the Trade Federation in the Naboo scene and going to Coruscant you see a Clone Wars battle, the Battle of Hoth is happening, etc
>>
>>91852724
That's funny
>>
>>91852749
Yeah but now you'll see Han run into the Falcon on the space station, only to immediately go to Jakku and have Finn on the Falcon.
>>
>>91852724
wow now that i think about it that makes so much sense
>>
File: Shadow.jpg (44KB, 345x565px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow.jpg
44KB, 345x565px
I want to be in a Disney Theme Park...
>>
>>91849685
what's the Disney ride that gets you pregnant if you ride it?
>>
>>91852808
Gaston
>>
>>91852808

Space Mountain, duh
>>
>>91852808
Any of the water park slides?

>>91852800
Back when the first game released there actually was a Sora meet and greet. Not sure about Kairi or Riku though.
>>
>>91852845
I said pregnant not naegleria
>>
>>91852878
I confuse the two
>>
>>91852800
I'm shocked they still haven't made it work somehow.
>>
>>91852808
Bill Clinton is in the hall of presidents...
>>
so what Disney ride has the highest death count?
>>
>>91852921
It needs to be profitable for them to want to make it work first.
>>
>>91852949
I dunno. I know that one woman got crushed by the old rotating ride in Magic Kingdom. And then some old guy died of a heart attack recently from Dinosaur.
>>
>>91852952
>>
>>91852800
you'd think they would have snuck some Heartless into one of the Halloween events by now, especially considering they made Hocus Pocus of all things part of one of them(even if said stage show was pretty amazing)

>>91852845
>Back when the first game released there actually was a Sora meet and greet
and the suit they had for Sora was an abomination

>>91852921
yeah Disney has done surprisingly little with the franchise themselves, in spite of them owning everything about it(besides the SE guest characters)

>>91852952
the thing is Kingdom Hearts has been a hugely successful franchise the entirety of it's existence
>>
>>91852982
Some things are best left as mysteries
>>
>>91852921
They should just build it in Disney Tokyo
>>
>>91852993
it could be licensing issues. They might not own the rights to heartless for the themeparks
>>
File: Sora_DLP.jpg (86KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Sora_DLP.jpg
86KB, 640x427px
>>91852845

I know about the Sora meet and greet, although IIRC it was done for Chain of Memories rather than the first game. I just want The Heartless to show up in some form, at least they look like Disney characters to some extent.

The meet and greet costume for Sora was also creepy as hell, that's one of the reasons why you don't see him these days.

>>91852921

I know they'll use areas around Disney parks to promote the games, I still remember hearing about some KH stuff appearing in Ikspiari a few years ago and the presale event that was supposed to be in Downtown Disney until they moved it to a nearby hotel.

And there's an official Trading Pin that features Mickey in an Organization XIII cloak.
>>
>>91852949
I don't know
But wouldn't be surprised if Disneyland Shanghai will have the highest death count soon
>>
File: CoP 1920s.jpg (505KB, 1909x1133px) Image search: [Google]
CoP 1920s.jpg
505KB, 1909x1133px
>>91852977
She was crushed by America Sings in Disneyland California. The Carousel of Progress (opened 53 years ago this week at the 1964 World's Fair) has a zero body count.
>>
>>91852993
The suit was certainly weird for Sora, but it was better than nothing.

>the thing is Kingdom Hearts has been a hugely successful franchise the entirety of it's existence
If you were to go to Epcot or Magic Kingdom today and say that to anyone who was there enjoying their day they would have absolutely no idea what you were talking about.

>but ree normies
Who do you think is easier to make money off of? Who do you think the parks cater to?

>Wanting the Heartless to show up at all
That would be cool but as I said, no one would have a single clue as to what they were.

>>91853088
Ah I got the two confused.
>>
>>91853003
its not a mystery. Disney had first dibs to make Harry Potter Land. JK Rowling was on board if she was allowed to retain significant creative controll. Disney said, fuck that, we're Disney we get control. So she said no. Universal, not being retarded, immediately said she could veto anything they did and be as involved as she wanted to be. This left Mickey Mouse standing there with his pants down, dick in hand. So, in a move not to look like a complete asshole in front of the investors, Mr. Mouse grabbed the nearest billion dollar property attached to obsessive creator they could get to show they could work with outside creators. Hence Avatar land was born
>>
>>91853033
Disney owns all the original content created for Kingdom Hearts. It's just that Disney America is mostly indifferent to the franchise.
>>
File: DSC_5332.jpg (3MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5332.jpg
3MB, 2992x2000px
>>
>>91853167
I love that the original plan would've had Pandora opening with three Avatar movies already released. Now it's opened with the first still being the only one and the next one not coming until 2020 at the soonest.

Even that's not definite because Cameron keeps putting it off and Disney has no assurances that he'll actually stick to the 2020 release timetable and absolutely no way of forcing him to do it.
>>
>>91853292
As much as I love Disney I really hope Avatar land crashes and burns. Fuck Cameron.
>>
File: 71aF3-VuNXL._UL1500_.jpg (105KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71aF3-VuNXL._UL1500_.jpg
105KB, 1500x1000px
>>91853035

And here's the cloaked Mickey pin, I usually see it in Tomorrowland's gift shops.

>>91853109
>That would be cool but as I said, no one would have a single clue as to what they were.

And you don't really need a reason as to where they're from, that's the beauty of the Heartless. All you need is a name, what they're doing in the parks, and how they got there.

You don't even need to introduce Xehanort to add them, you can just introduce them as minions that Maleficent and Pete control and are giving partial control of them to other Disney villains for shits and giggles. The only wrench that fans would find is The Queen of Hearts controlling them, the Trickmaster Heartless was always the last boss in Wonderland the only hint of a possible villain being there was in the non-canon manga.
>>
>>91853292
Should have just made zootopia. That would have been amazing and made a shit ton of money. As is commonly known, furries have an absurd amount of money to spend on their fetish. Imagine, the furst themepark to cater to a sexual fetish, at Disney no less. I'm going to go drink bleach now
>>
>>91853292
>>91853367
Is there any hype for it at all? I can't imagine who would be excited for it. Even the diehard Avatar fans have mostly abandoned it and moved on.
>>
>>91853414
>furst
I see what you're doing there.
>>
>>91853418
As far as I can tell there's more confusion than hype for it. Everyone seems to be asking why it is rather than when it is. It wasn't originally affiliated with Disney, there is still no sequel, and it just seems shoehorned to people.
>>
>>91853418
in one of the meetings where they were debating on whether or not to make the deal with Cameron, an executive was pointing out how much money Avatar made. Then a saner mind asked if anyone in the room could name a single character from the movie. There was dead silence
>>
>>91853414

Avatarland was thing before Zootopia was even announced, so that's doing it any favors. Disney also has a policy against costumes if you're over a certain age, so fursuits are out of the question.

Oh, and it would've been the theme park equivalent of Rainfurrest.
>>
>>91853554
>Rainfurrest
Dare I ask?
>>
>>91853539
The only legacy that Avatar has is the fact that it re-introduced the annoying practice of movies being in 3D.
>>
>>91853619
It was okay in Avatar and Hugo. All other movies that used it sucked hard
>>
>>91853619
The best part about that is that despite arguably breaking ground with the way it used 3D, nobody actually followed suit because studios realized they didn't need to actually shoot anything in 3D- they could just do a cheap conversion and most people don't care.
>>
If you could have any intellectual property made into a theme park, with the same level of quality as the best Disney park, what would it be? /co/ related or not.

For me it would be Halo.
>>
File: when the cyanide hits.png (109KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
when the cyanide hits.png
109KB, 500x384px
>tfw too poor to ever visit the Disney parks abroad
>>
>>91853643
I didn't mind it in Avatar, because the movie was actually shot with it in mind, but that fucking every movie is in 3D, even when there's literally no reason for it to be so, is fucking dumb.
Luckily you can often choose not to have it, though you'll have to view the movie at the more off schedules.
>>
>>91853709
Nintendo.

I pray that Universal doesn't fuck it up.
>>
>>91853709
I want a marvel area or dc area done at that level
but it looks like we will get the marvel area at dca
>>
>>91853591

A furry convention that was discontinued after they failed to find a venue after being terribly run for years.

I can also compare it to Oklacon, which is another furry convention that was shitcanned due to poor management that got them banned from every state park in Oklahoma.

>>91853709

Either Sony vidya or Cartoon Network, I want a Ratchet and Clank ride where I can blow shit up for no good reason other than entertainment. And I'd mention the CN property I'd want to see a ride of, but then people would bitch about it.
>>
>>91853591
more or less
one year a bunch of scat and diaper fetishist
shat up a hotel
causing them to be the scourge of the furry community and the city
>>
>>91852319
>The giftshop is connected to the story in that by ride's end, you have started a gigantic riot and now all of the Collector's employees are selling off the Collector's shit to make a few bucks in the middle of the chaos.

Okay, I don't even like Guardians of the Galaxy or the fact it's replacing Tower of Terror, but even I have to admit that's a good story point idea for a ride.
>>
>>91853414
its a sad day when the themepark for perverts seems like a better investment choice for Disney than Avatar Land
>>
>>91853883

Don't forget the window full of dragon dildos.
>>
>>91853709
Blizzneyland. An ulduar ride would be cool as fuck.
>>
>>91853088
How did she get crushed? Did she do something she wasn't supposed to?
>>
>>91853883
if I worked at that hotel I would be convinced there was no god
>>
>>91853773
What about the Nazi furry convention?
>>
>>91853986

There were also children attending the convention too.

Let that sink in for a minute...
>>
>>91853970
you'd make a great lawyer for Disney
>>
>>91853970
Standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time during the stage rotation. They ended up installing break-away wall partitions afterwards as a result of what happened.
>>
>>91854013

What was the name of it?
>>
>>91853970
From wiki
>She was in the wrong place during a ride intermission; it was unclear whether this was due to inadequate training or a misstep as the ride had been open for only two weeks by this time. The ride closed for two days, and was subsequently refitted with breakaway walls.

They say you can still hear her screaming. That, of course, is bullshit. It's just Tony Baxter jerking off behind Autopia.
>>
>>91854020
Kek. But I meant as opposed to a ride malfunction.
>>
>>91853773
I didn't realize furries were so bad at managing cons. I mean I get why their cons would be unwanted for being about a creepy fetish and I'd figure health and hygiene issues would arise from fursuiting in a convention environment, but I figured they'd generally be decent at planning and money managing and those kinds of aspects.
>>
>>91854080
It's not so much that the ride malfunctioned, and more the fact that it wasn't build with the right emergency mechanisms in case of such a thing happening.
I don't know the specific circumstances around the accident, so I don't know how easily it could have been foreseen, and subsequently prevented. But still.
>>
File: DSC_3642.jpg (712KB, 2106x1728px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3642.jpg
712KB, 2106x1728px
>>
>Episode IX set for May 2019
>which means Star Wars Land is definitely projected for Apr/May 2019 opening
Disney was ultimately fine with letting Avatar drag its way to opening, but I can't see them letting SWL open any later than May, barring any major disasters that seriously delay construction. That means I'm stuck working in this garbage half of a park for another two years, so that I can be on the opening team for SWL.
>>
I really wish Disney would build all the other princess's castles to the scale that they build Cinderella's Castle and Sleeping Beauty's Castle
>>
>>91854366
whats your role and why dont you just transfer out now and go back later?
>>
File: Soarin Deux.jpg (904KB, 3105x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Soarin Deux.jpg
904KB, 3105x1600px
>>91854366
>Joe Rohde blows two major deadlines and an additional half a billion dollars
Remember when they said we were going to ride an actual animatronic Banshee, but then realized that would be a safety and capacity nightmare?
>>
File: C-TY-ukUMAIcNhC.jpg (398KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C-TY-ukUMAIcNhC.jpg
398KB, 2048x1536px
>>91854366
Disneyland's SWL will most definitely be ready in time for 9 considering their head start and how fast things have been moving since they started going vertical. It's Florida that's lagging behind.
>>
>>91854609
>Florida that's lagging behind
Oh gee wow imagine that who could have guessed that once again Imagineering shits the bed in Florida
>>
>>91850755
Anon why are you such an asshole to her? Do you not care to get married? It sounds like you just want to spend the rest of your life going to Disney alone.
>>
>>91850528
The "autism pass" of which you speak isn't around anymore, I'd know, my family abused that SOB for nearly 15 years.
>>
File: DRE4906891.jpg (169KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
DRE4906891.jpg
169KB, 1280x721px
>>91854440
The tricky part is how it affects skylines and the amount of space used.

That being said, you'd love what they're doing in Tokyo for Beauty and the Beast: Larger scale castle with a dark ride inside. Downside is that they seem to have bailed on the rest of their original Fantasyland expansion plan which initially called for moving Small World to a different part of the land and building a whole Alice in Wonderland mini area surrounding their Queen of Hearts themed restaurant.
>>
>>91853109
well the way I'd want to see them be used is about the same as what >>91853412 suggested, have them show up as the minions for the more famous Disney Villains as part of a Halloween stage show, heck if Disney ever did one of those Halloween mazes they'd be perfect monsters for one

>>91852982
>>91853003
>>91853167
>>91853292
>>91853367
>>91853414
>>91853418
>>91853460
>>91853539
>>91853554
so since Avatarland will probably end up being ditched within a decade at the most, what does /dpg/ think should replace it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVx9_HGWbs
I think this makes pretty good use of screens
>>
>>91854694
Beastly Kingdom.

Failing that, a Zootopia area.
>>
>>91854366
I want to be there too, even if all I get out of it is a chance to savor the interactive elements.

Granted, I'd have to do it on my own seeing as I don't know anyone who'd be willing to sperg out with me instead of hitting the rides.
>>
>>91854687
thats great to hear

talking about Disney Tokyo
was hugely dissapointed that King Triton's Castle wasn't a large scale castle in Disneysea
>>
>>91854454
I'm currently merch and transferring into attractions next month. I won't be able to transfer for another 6 months minimum anyway, and if I like working Star Tours, I may as well stick around, get to coordinator and hopefully get either coordinator or leader at SWL.
>>91854609
I feel like if they really push, they can get Studio's SWL out in time.
>>
>>91854694
Beastly Kingdom could function pretty well as an Avatar overlay if you shifted the lens from "Storybook fantasy" more towards a 80s album cover/Lisa Frank/psychedelia angle. That's the fringe benefit of picking something so derivative of everything.

The boat ride becomes Fantasia, the Banshee ride become a stable for training Griffins and Pegasi and the Dragon's Keep is a new build that boasts a sweet-ass symphonic metal musical score.
>>
>>91853412
For the longest time I thought that was Mickey in Muslim garb
>>
>>91853709
An original IP. I'd fucking love a Cartoon Network land or a Kingdom Hearts land, but I think there's real value to trying to make a unique experience all exclusive to a park system.

Disneyland created this sort of mystique and mythos to it over the years because it's always had this leaning towards stuff that you couldn't see in the movies or on tv. Even with all this IP whoring, I think that still remains true. Even Star Wars Land is being based on new material, not existing worlds or characters.

I'd love to see a new park that took another, more modern crack at the concept. A park designed from the ground up to be an entirely otherworldy experience, something that really used the full extent of modern technology to transport the user to another, more fantastical realm.

What I'm saying here is that I want my fucking robot cowboy hooker world and I want it now.
>>
>>91853709
Transformers
>>
File: wanna see my magic castle.jpg (90KB, 620x704px) Image search: [Google]
wanna see my magic castle.jpg
90KB, 620x704px
>>91852808
>>
File: 1421038042433.gif (266KB, 478x369px) Image search: [Google]
1421038042433.gif
266KB, 478x369px
>>91855275
>>
Give me one good reason why the Matterhorn shouldn't be torn down
>>
>>91854993
Or what about other monsters? Why not a bigfoot ride, or a nessie ride? Make Kryptids Kingdom and the Mystery Shack and Gravity Falls dark ride
>>
>>91854687
>Beauty and the Beast: Larger scale castle with a dark ride inside

That sounds great. Around what year is that supposed to be up?
>>
>>91853412
>The only wrench that fans would find is The Queen of Hearts controlling them, the Trickmaster Heartless was always the last boss in Wonderland the only hint of a possible villain being there was in the non-canon manga.

Wait, who was going to be the villain for Wonderland in the manga?

>>91854675

It still exists here in SoCal, they just changed the way it functions. It more like a reusable FastPass rather than a "Front of The Line" pass.

The problem is getting it, I was able to renew it twice before a CM suggested that I use the FastPass system instead.

>>91854694
>heck if Disney ever did one of those Halloween mazes they'd be perfect monsters for one

Lack of space and blocking walkways are some of the main reasons why "scare" mazes aren't done at Disneyland, another is trying to make one family-friendly.

But adding them to some rides would be a neat trick. I'd love to see Search Ghosts, Wight Knights, Gargoyles, and the Prison Keeper pop up in The Haunted Mansion.
>>
>>91854609
Holy crap, that is sure coming along.
Last I saw it there was a hole in the ground and the beginnings of a mountain.
>>
>>91850755
Anon you fucking autist. If you hang out with someone else make sure to let them have fun at their own pace
>>
File: warner-bros-theme-park-41.jpg (611KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
warner-bros-theme-park-41.jpg
611KB, 1000x563px
You guys seen the news about the new Warner Bros theme park they're building in Abu Dhabi?
It looks like the end all-be all of WB theme parks.

>Warner Bros. and Abu Dhabi’s Miral have unveiled details for their planned $1 billion theme park — including worlds for Superman’s Metropolis and Batman’s Gotham City.

>The park, which will open next year, will also include Cartoon Junction, Bedrock, and Dynamite Gulch, themed after the Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera brands; and Warner Bros. Plaza, which will be reminiscent of old Hollywood. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, located on Yas Island and set to open in 2018, will include thrill rides, interactive family friendly attractions and live entertainment.
>>
File: warner-bros-theme-park1.jpg (324KB, 670x357px) Image search: [Google]
warner-bros-theme-park1.jpg
324KB, 670x357px
>>91856177
>>
File: DAS.jpg (270KB, 2000x1433px) Image search: [Google]
DAS.jpg
270KB, 2000x1433px
>>91854675
The GAC no longer exists, but the DAS still accommodates precious autism snowflakes who can't stand in line like everyone else.

The funny part is they reengineered all the queues in Walt Disney World to accommodate wheelchairs, so using them doesn't get you to the front of the line faster like they used to.
>>
File: warner-bros-theme-park2.jpg (275KB, 670x357px) Image search: [Google]
warner-bros-theme-park2.jpg
275KB, 670x357px
>>91856210
>>
File: warner-bros-theme-park3.jpg (315KB, 670x356px) Image search: [Google]
warner-bros-theme-park3.jpg
315KB, 670x356px
>>91856224
>>
>>91852230
What's best combo for star tours?

I like Hoth,Ackbar and ending it on Naboo.
>>
>>91856177
I can't wait to see the pictures of it abandoned and rusting after the Saudi oil fields run dry.
>>
File: warner-bros-theme-park5.jpg (318KB, 670x357px) Image search: [Google]
warner-bros-theme-park5.jpg
318KB, 670x357px
>>91856254
>>
File: warner-bros-theme-park6.jpg (322KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
warner-bros-theme-park6.jpg
322KB, 670x377px
>>91856281
>>
>>91856265
Best combo to me seems to be Vader > Hoth > Leia > Death Star
>>
>>91856344
Wait there's something other than Vader stopping the ship?
>>
>>91856365
Stormtroopers and a recon droid. Instead of having the spy appear on the side monitor, the droid displays it on screen.

In the background, you can also see another group of stormtroopers cornering Han Solo, and both you and the Falcon make your escapes at the same time
>>
>>91856394
Still trying to track down all the subtle changes that can happen on that ride.

>Boba Fett showing up in the Vader opening
>Hitting Jar-Jar on Naboo
>Not hitting the Starfighter on Naboo

I remember getting the Falcon/Coruscant combo once and having the Falcon show up in the landing bay at the end of the ride, but I'm not 100% certain on it.
>>
>>91856177
Given how well the other parks have turned out, i really doubt it. IMG World and Motiongate's rides are almost all shitshows.
>>
File: 138.gif (115KB, 262x386px) Image search: [Google]
138.gif
115KB, 262x386px
>Warner Bros. Theme Park
>No Animaniacs

WHY?
>>
>>91856963
Nobody cares about them anymore.
>>
File: 1406269141066.png (315KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1406269141066.png
315KB, 640x480px
>>91856304
>>91856281
>>91856254
>>91856224
>>91856210
>It's all indoors.
>And all of the coloring suggests that ot's daytime.

Jesus FUCK, that just looks awful.

I get that they're forced to do this because it's in Abu Dhabi, but part of the theme park charm is lost when you make a park look like it's in the daylit hours 24/7.
>>
>>91856963
did you see what the UAE did to AT and TAWOG?
we should be thankful that there is no shitty movie ride of Animaniacs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJo1jjExzs
>>
>>91857082

What the crikey fuck is this? I mean how do you fuck this up so badly? all you have to do is make a dark ride that has humor in it that makes gumball enjoyable and everyone will go.
>>
File: 1404444169138.gif (2MB, 457x321px) Image search: [Google]
1404444169138.gif
2MB, 457x321px
>>91857082
>>
>>91856657
>IMG World and Motiongate's rides are almost all shitshows
Shit, I was really hoping IMG world could pull off all the concepts well. It seems they were just hit with the facts.
>>
>>91854056
If anyone wants to know about deaths at disneyland, you have to start with Mouse Tales by David Koenig. In addition to all the fun stories, he went through every single time Disneyland was sued to make their complete legal history. The most bizarre was a stabbing between Samoan and Fijian gangs.
>>
>>91857082
>rooms that have literal cardboard cutouts while you shoot at completely stationary targets on the wall
I'm struggling to think of how anyone thought this was a good idea
>>
The best thing about Disney Tokyo isn't the rides. They're short and disappointing if you don't do moon runes. Watch the floor shows, they're ludicrous. Boats and jetskis with giant flags flying around, humongous casts of backup dancers and shit, giant firebreathing dragon robots, it's pure eyeball sucrose. Oh, and DO go to the Indiana Jones ride, the animatronic is hilarious.
>>
>>91857249
>The most bizarre was a stabbing between Samoan and Fijian gangs
...You mind giving us some details about that?
>>
>>91857082
UAE also has a Gumball store that just sells Gumball merch. The only other one-cartoon store I've ever seen was in Japan. They must be big Gumball fans there
>>
File: 1378880102215.gif (2MB, 260x229px) Image search: [Google]
1378880102215.gif
2MB, 260x229px
>>91857082
>tfw you could make a better ride than this for Gumball in your backyard
>>
>>91857277
Ok I just got the book (which I strongly recommend every disney fan read). And it was actually a brawl between Samoans and Tongans because of "South Pacific cultural rivalry" that was thrown out of the park. But in the parking lot the Samoans shot one of the Tongans and killed him the day before his 16th birthday.
>>
>>91857357
Any other good stories?
>>
>>91857430
the 1971 yippie riot
>>
>haven't gone in like ~10 years
>we got the optional fastpass thing because the fastpass was great last time we went
>go to didney
>fast pass is limited to 4 rides a day and only has a number of spots, requiring you to "reserve" your spot days in advance or else someone else will take it

Well that was a load of horse shit. What happened to the "take a ticket and come back in ~2 hours" system
>>
>>91857612
Smartphones and apps happened
>>
>>91850931
would
>>
File: ohno.png (262KB, 339x492px) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
262KB, 339x492px
>>91857082
>>
>>91855930
>Wait, who was going to be the villain for Wonderland in the manga?

The Cheshire Cat, but he declined Maleficent's offer to join her little group.
>>
>>91859807
it's a shame that Maleficent never got a chance to recruit a new group after KH1(not to mention how underutilized said group was in general)
>>
I really need to go to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. I've lived in Japan for a long time and have no problems communicating, but I'm shit at kanji past elementary school level or so and sort of embarrassed to go alone.

I'd take a girl, but Japanese girls treat a Disney trip like an impending marriage proposal and I'm not about that.
>>
>>91857229
>>91856657
All this Dubaiworld shit is like some modern version of the whole Ozymandias poem. Once the oil dries up, it's all over.
>>
>>91861321
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1fveMErvdI
>>
>>91862181
remember, your here forever
>>
Disneyland Paris is celebrating their 25th anniversary and they had a special parade that had fucking every character ever, and it was pretty rad.

Tarzan is kinda cool, Jessica Rabbit less so. They also had characters like Moana and Elena of Avalor in the parade, so both very recent and also tv characters.

https://youtu.be/79oXyvIgnEI
>>
File: disney mochi.jpg (70KB, 529x940px) Image search: [Google]
disney mochi.jpg
70KB, 529x940px
These things are magic.
>>
>>91864583
>Darkwing and Launchpad
>Clopin
>Kuzco
>Milo and Kida
>Pleakly
Why is Paris so awesome?
>>
>>91852319
>
The giftshop is connected to the story as well in that by ride's end, you have started a gigantic riot and now all of the Collector's employees are selling off the Collector's shit to make a few bucks in the middle of the chaos.

...Okay that's pretty good.
>>
>>91857082
lol this is just bizarre
>>
>>91852319
How do they incorporate the elevator drop into the ride?
>>
>>91852319
I gotta admit that's pretty clever

I question the "purposefully ugly lmao" thing though because it's gonna be such a big eyesore
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-16-23h11m19s191.png (363KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-16-23h11m19s191.png
363KB, 640x480px
any cringey park stories?
>>
>>91866653
The elevator's a lift for moving stuff throughout the complex that Rocket hacks during the big escape plan, which results in elevator drop sequences tied in with a Mixtape playlist that has almost no connection to either of the movies.
>>
>>91867115
What songs?
>>
>>91850528
>They artificially inflate them to disperse crowds and fuck with the Guest Assistance Card holders (goddamn retards, we could have a whole thread about the "autism pass")

Wow how fucking salty can you get.

>>91856223
>precious autism snowflakes who can't stand in line like everyone else.

People like you faggots get so upset over accomodations but per experience I can guarantee you cunts would be the first people to say shit the second a person with autism makes any sort of noise or movement in line. It's as much for the gusts with disabilities as everyone else.
>>
>>91867377
>“Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar (1980)
>“Give Up The Funk” by Parliament (1975)
>“Born To Be Wild” by Steppenwolf (1968)
>“I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5 (1969)
>“Free Ride” by The Edgar Winters Group (1973)
>“Burning Love” by Elvis Presley (1972)
>>
>>91867715
I actually hate that things like this and the shit animated series go out of their way to incorporate random songs into the action. Gunn specifically chose certain songs that had meaning towards the overall story and tied it to Quill's mom. These hacks just say "lmao it's a 70s song" and slap it in there. IT just feels so forced. I'd rather they reused songs from the two movies over shoehorning shit out of nowhere.
>>
>>91856177
>Abu Dhabi
Well fuck you too Warner Bros
>>
>>91867715
Kinda interesting the drops are timed to music

Not interesting for me to wish this was in WDW but kinda novel

Glad we seem to be getting a GOTG coaster instead if rumors pan out
>>
I was in Disney a few weeks ago for the Star Wars: Galactic Nights event and it might have been the best (maybe second best?) time at Hollywood Studios I have ever had.

They kept on giving us free food, free cannolis from pizzarizzo, free lightsaber churros. The rides has 0 lines.

I was waiting in line for a drink and some chick literally ran into me trying to get across the park as I was stepping up to the counter and it was one of the actresses from The Last Jedi.

Cool (but a bit underwhelming) motorcade. Awesome lightshow at the end. Loved the sticker scavenger hunt.

Just an overall good night.
>>
>>91867901
Well each musical drop profile has a different escape scenario playing out on screens as you go up and down, but yeah, just "DUDE DADROCK LMAO"
>>
>>91868131
>and it was one of the actresses from The Last Jedi

The Asian?
>>
>>91868228
Yep.
>>
>>91852319
...Alright, that's actually pretty clever.
>>
>>91868131
Whats the new Star Wars attraction like?

I'll be going on a family trip in June and I want to make sure to hit all of the Star wars stuff there
>>
>>91868583
Star Wars Land doesn't open until 2019.

What they have there now is just Star Tours with added TFA stuff, the Launch Bay which is just character greets and prop exhibits, and a Star Wars fireworks show.
>>
are kids as bad as I imagine them to be at these parks
>>
>>91868706
didn't they add a new store and theater?
>>
>>91868706
Let's not forget Star Tours 2 is getting a Last Jedi add-on like Force Awakens.
>>
>>91868768
Depends on your personal tolerance for kids and, I suppose, which park you go to. I work around kids, and they're usually not nearly as unruly as some of the more mature grown-ups out there, at least from my experience.

It's ultimately up for you to decide, but it's probably not as bad as you think.
>>
>>91856223
I don't want to have to stand in line next to a severely autistic drooling gibbering rocking back and forth annoyance of a human. As long as too many people don't abuse the system I hardly have to wait any longer in line, so it's well worth it.
>>
>>91868825
Launch Bay has a gift shop and they threw a Star Wars clipshow into the Sounds Dangerous theater but nobody gives a fuck about that.
>>
>>91868921
>They're making DLC for theme park rides.
>>
>>91868768
As somebody that hates the fuck out of kids in general and can even get stressed and anxious around them sometimes, it really hasn't been so bad in my couple of experiences visiting the parks. Unless you get stuck with a particularly unlucky encounter, but that can just as easily happen with a weird or shitty inconsiderate adult in this environment. It's really not like when you come across a kid in the grocery store or public bus having a tantrum because they're cranky and bored and their mom is dragging them along with her errands- these parks are explicitly designed to placate children as much as possible and when they've got so many pleasant distractions and so little to fuss over, they become much more manageable and peaceful. It also probably helps that they're parents are also on vacation and usually in a good mood in this situation.
>>
>>91868768
Sometimes you get clueless parents who let their kids wander around when they're waiting in line but overall it's okay
>>
>>91867009
>walking by The Walking Dead haunted house at Universal with friend who is something of the snarky hipster type
>actors dressed like survivors and zombies wander outside trying to scare people
>both of us are a little uncomfortable since we tend to get scared easily
>decide to bully friend by pushing her towards a crowd of zombies
>she then blurts out a little to loudly
>"Oh no Anon! it's residents of Georgia!"
>I should mention we are surrounded by white trash family reunions and black marching band senior trips
>everyone around us including some of the actors playing feral zombies start to look really uncomfortable, but fuck if her timing wasn't perfect
>it took everything I had not to laugh at the state of Georgia
>>
>>91867009
>starts to rain at Magic Kingdom
>it's actually comparatively kind of chilly that day, so end up smooshed with my friend and a crowd of people under Cinderella's castle, avoiding getting wet
>it's actually coming down pretty hard, time passes, and it looks like this is getting to be a longer sort of shower instead of a two minute burst
>there's a small girl and her father standing next to us
>the little girl wants her mom
>the dad is clearly torn: wants to go out into the rain to find the girl's mom or buy an umbrella at a nearby shop, but doesn't want to drag his small dry comfortable child out into the heavy rain
>friend overhears and gets the gist of this, and well meaningly but somewhat foolishly offers to keep an eye on the kid while the dad runs out to do whatever he needs to do and come right back
>poor guy is put into an awkward spot: on the one hand, he's not a complete idiot that's about to leave his small toddler daughter with some random stranger neckbeard
>on the other hand, it's difficult to make a polite refusal to what could also just be a well meaning and helpful, if a little tactless, passerby
>just kind of awkwardly manages a "n-no thanks..." and tries to look the other way
>see on my friend's face the realization of the spot he's put the guy in, he also avoids looking at the dad
>we're all packed in pretty tightly and forced to just awkwardly stand next to eachother until the rain finally stops and we disperse
>>
>>91850335
I'm not getting why they have projection faces when the actual models in the film are flat and plastic-ey enough to make a convincing robot that should work well enough.
>>
>>91871842
Because projector faces are cheaper to maintain
>>
File: 1452524607702.gif (92KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1452524607702.gif
92KB, 500x377px
>My parents never ever took us to Disney World
>Even though we lived just a couple hours from it
>Always wanted to go
>They considered the places to be gay pride parks tailor-made for "the gays" since they have super special gay days (that they think Disney invented)
>Junior year in high school talking to a few of my friends about it, none of us had ever gone so we decide to go for a few days any damn way because never once got to in childhood
>Weekend was fucking amazing, only go to Magic Kingdom and Epcott
>Come back home, parents believe that was the actual coming out of the closet event they have been dreading for years and refuse to accept any other explanation for going whatsoever
>they never got it out of their heads that I went to "some huge gay orgy in the Disney park" despite taking my girlfriend with me at the time or any other they met after the fact
>Father picks up this habit of making gay jokes, each time I mention absolutely any male name for any reason in conversation he will interrupt with "Is that your boyfriend?" every. single. fucking. time.
>He still does this 8 years later
>cannot even use pronouns like he, his, etc without the mandatory "is that your boyfriend?"
>>
Nickelodeon Universe anyone?

I know most fellow minnesotafags are annoyed that the only thing people think about when they visit MN is our fucking mall.

Fun fact: We have the biggest and the first mall in the United States.

I went to the grand opening in 08 and got to see my waifu Miranda cosgrove.
>>
>>91852121
sperg out meeting a D-list actress who cannot even get into stage plays yet?
>>
>>91872274
You have awful parents anon. Like holy shit I'm not even trying to mess with you, your parents sound like terrible people.
>>
>>91872274
Damn I remember my parents chating with this muslim couple at Epcot. You'd think if they liked Disney people like your parents would be ok with it
>>
File: [email protected] (51KB, 163x152px) Image search: [Google]
3533466@200-1268105877.jpg
51KB, 163x152px
>>91856177
Meanwhile all we ever get Warner themed in the US is Six Flags......
>>
>>91872362
Why are you posting a shoop instead of the actual park?

Also, Camp Snoopy was better
>>
>>91872274
I'm willing to bet there's a fairly good chance your father is gay.
>>
>>91872564
>Why are you posting a shoop instead of the actual park?
I just got it off of google idk. Didn't even realize it was.
>Also, Camp Snoopy was better
You are correct. Had some great memories there.
>>
>>91872612
>>91872564
Just now am I realizing they shopped the fucking NYC skyline into the skyway.

Why would someone do this?
>>
>>91872432
They are really really incredibly homophobic to a weird level. They constantly accused me or my sister of secretly being gay all the time. My father would never go to any parades because he considers them to be all pride parades. Or he just cannot separate pride parade from any other type of parade one would have.

Never got it, really don't want to get it. But I decided later on "Fuck all of it, I'm going to do what makes me happy" because they seem to have made up their minds years ago anyway.
>>
>>91872581
The man has a degree in music then joined the army for 20 years.....

not a lot of math to do there..
>>
>>91870504
Georgia really is the Ohio of the South isn't it?
>>
>>91872493
I think it has more to do with the parks having some semi sponsored lbgt day in the late 90's that scared them.
>>
File: 1455134251227.png (553KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1455134251227.png
553KB, 640x480px
Post an interesting experience you've had at a Disney/Universal theme park.
>>
>>91872679
If I were in your position, I'd just cut contact with them.

On the positive side, if you ever have kids you'll be know what not to do to your children, and all around be a much better parent than your own.
>>
File: 1490122675817.jpg (12KB, 138x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490122675817.jpg
12KB, 138x200px
Post your favourite ride in:
>Magic Kingdom
>Epcot
>Hollywood Studios
>Animal Kingdom
>Universal Studios Florida
>Islands of Adventure
>Seaworld Orlando
>Busch Gardens
>>
File: 1480806721428.png (243KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
1480806721428.png
243KB, 640x482px
>>91872793
>Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
>Epcot
Spaceship Earth
>Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror
>Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
>Islands of Adventure
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
>Seaworld Orlando
Manta
>Busch Gardens
SheiKra/Cheetah Hunt
>>
File: 1449085916730s.jpg (10KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
1449085916730s.jpg
10KB, 250x229px
>>91856177
>>91856210
>>91856224
>>91856254
>>91856281
>>91856304

Why can't we ever have a Warner Land in the states?

All we have are the most superficial attempts imaginable at various Six Flags. And even then all they do is put Bugs and Superman stickers on generic rides.
>>
>>91872915
I don't see how they can't be.
>>
>>91872793
pirates
>>
>>91872672
It's a loose proof of concept for a version of Nick Universe they're building for a mega-mall project in New Jersey.
>>
What is your best/most memorable experience on Star Tours: The Adventure Continues?

It was the last time my brother had ever gone to Walt Disney World with us and we wanted to have the best time possible. We hadn't been to Disney in a few years so Star Tours II was high up on our list of stuff to do, especially because of the different possibilities.

We rode it several times and we were disappointed. We kept on getting the same ride over and over again and it was the worst possible combination (Troopers, Kashyyk (Hoth a few times tho), the ending was I think it's from either Episode II or the very beginning of III but it was ass).

We decide to go one more time later in the day, just to see if we could get anything else.

That's when we heard the Imperial March playing. Darth fucking Vader appears and we were stunned, we had no clue there was a different opening. That's when Darth Vader revealed the dastardly Rebel Spy to us.

Me.

Fuck, Darth Vader is hunting after ME. I guess we have to go to Kashyyk again (which we did). Admiral Ackbarr does his little speech (I was a bit disappointed bcuz I wanted Leia) and I was bracing myself to Coruscant for the sixth time today.

We leave lightspeed and start drifting towards a red planet, my heart stops.

The Slave-1 appears out of nowhere and suddenly the most dangerous bounty hunter, Boba Fett, is chasing after Star Tours for ME.

Threepio takes us through the not-yet-finished Death Star and I am floored. We finish the ride and my jaw is still on the floor.

That was literally the best possible ride ever ('cept Hoth would have been a better opening and Leia would have been cooler).

We decided not to go on it for the rest of the night (EMH) because nothing could ever top that.
>>
>>91872793
>Haunted Mansion
>Spaceship Earth
>Tower of Terror
>Everest
>Escape from Azkaban
>HP Forbidden Journey

Haven't been to SW or Busch in forever
>>
>>91872753
One time I managed to do both Hollywood studios and epcot in the same day by walking between the parks.
>>
>>91872793
Haunted Mansion
Spaceship Earth
Tower of Terror
Everest
Hollywood Rip Ride
Twin Dragon Harry Potter Coaster
Never been
Alpengeist
>>
>>91873098
Get on this guy's level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nniVxpN0Slc
>>
>>91872793
>Big Thunder Mountain/Space Mountain
>Soarin'
>Rock n' Rollercoaster
>Expedition Everest
>Simpsons Ride
>Forbidden Journey
>Kraken
>Haven't been yet
>>
The redux of the Matterhorn and the newly revamped Indiana Jones rides at OG Disney Land are actually pretty under rated. Indiana Jones was always ahead of it's time on the animatronic front, but they really went the extra step this last season to make the realism a big deal.
The Matterhorn has an actual, moving Yeti that chases your bobsled down now. The seats have been redone as well so you're not just sitting in some rando's lap.
>>
>>91872999
That happened to a friend of mine when we went together.

>West coasters
>Friend hasn't been to DL in well over a decade due to moving out of state
>Decide to take him when he decides to visit.
>We get the Vader opening
>He's the Rebel Spy
>IIRC, we end up getting the Hoth/Yoda/Coruscant combo
>Being a massive, and fellow SW geek, he's pretty much beaming for the rest of the day.

Ended up telling him later about the Geonosis/Death Star ending (and the Mighty Microscope cameo)
>>
>Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain

>Epcot
The drinking around the world (I hate Epcot)

>Hollywood Studios
Rock'n Roller Coaster but the only other ride worth going on is Tower of Terror so it's not a fair question

>Animal Kingdom
I really just like animals but I'll take Everest

Simpsons

>Islands of Adventure
Tie between HULK and Azkaban

>Seaworld Orlando
Trash place, don't go there and don't want to

>Busch Gardens
Cheetah Hunt
>>
>>91873173
Impressive
>>
>>91872274
Kind of reminds me about how some parents used to feel about my local renaissance fair. They believed that just because there were outdoor alcohol vendors and that open air drinking was allowed on fair grounds, that it was some kind of evil gathering of debauchery where everyone was off their ass drunk constantly acting dirty and inappropriately, and that their precious wholesome children could take no part in it without being corrupted.
>>
>>91865580
what do they taste like?
>>
>tfw rebel spy never
>>
>>91873913
Try bringing it up in casual conversation the next time you see a cast member while waiting to board.
>>
>>91873913
This. Worked for a friend of mine. He wasn't even trying, just in all seriousness happened to say to me "I hope I get to be the rebel spy this time!" while we were in line, and ended up being the spy. It wasn't until after we got off later that he thought "do you think somebody overheard me while we were in line?" and realized that's probably a really good way to pick the best person that'll get the most from it.
>>
>>91873939
thats cheating imo
>>91868214
yep thats how it is
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/04/ride-to-the-beat-of-favorite-tunes-on-guardians-of-the-galaxy-mission-breakout-at-disney-california-adventure-park/
>>
>>91872915
Anon as someone who worked as various costumed characters for two years at six flags I can guarantee you all the actors know all the in jokes and sometimes goof off behind the scenes in the costumes about it.
>>
>>91871842
No need to build an animatronic face. Its cheaper plus easier to update. Looks lazier though
>>
>>91874231
>Batman actor making gay Adam West style jokes with (what I assume would be) the grown woman playing Robin

Dammit, why do I think this sounds so cute?
>>
File: vmk.jpg (228KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
vmk.jpg
228KB, 800x600px
Do virtual theme parks count?
>>
>>91854687
>Alice in Wonderland mini area surrounding their Queen of Hearts themed restaurant.
well thats lame
>>
>>91849685
>tfw never been to Disneyland
>tfw the most exciting ride I've read about is Alien Encounter and it closed over a decade ago
>>
>>91874649
I remember it
>>
>>91874852
If Alien Encounter sounds cool to you, maybe you'd be interested in Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights
>>
File: 69838e_o774367109.jpg (74KB, 604x553px) Image search: [Google]
69838e_o774367109.jpg
74KB, 604x553px
>>91872793
>Magic Kingdom
big thunder

>Epcot
Test track

>Hollywood Studios
Rock'n'Rollercoaster

>Animal Kingdom
Everest

The mummy

>Islands of Adventure
Dueling Dragons

>Seaworld Orlando
Kraken

>Busch Gardens
Cheetah hunt
>>
>>91872274
your parents are both idiots and assholes, you should definitely cut them out of your life
>>
>>91868768
Obnoxious adults and teenage Brazilians will always be ten times worse than any kid.
>>
>>91872274
You should have kicked your dad's ass years ago to be desu. If you can't or won't for whatever reason, you're part of the problem.
>>
File: Maybe_I_shouldnt.png (109KB, 723x669px) Image search: [Google]
Maybe_I_shouldnt.png
109KB, 723x669px
>>91850755
She deserves better than you
>>
File: 1491845915046.png (58KB, 260x262px) Image search: [Google]
1491845915046.png
58KB, 260x262px
>>91852017
>>
>>91875713
Maybe anon is a well adjusted adult but when it comes to Disney he goes full blown autismo
>>
File: 1492201009810.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492201009810.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>91854758
Zootopia area would just be a furry conglomeration

That's just asking for trouble
>>
File: Eric_andre_dying.gif (333KB, 375x286px) Image search: [Google]
Eric_andre_dying.gif
333KB, 375x286px
>>91854109
For the amount of Furry convention that there are, they're pretty good at managing convention percentage wise, it's just when you fuck up a normal convention it's just boring and bad but when you fuck up a furry convention SHIT GETS BAD
>>
>>91875858
Disney would have to come up with a system of undercover furry cops to police them and try to keep them away from normal guests.

It's just too much effort to be worth it.
>>
Princess Marathon sign up next week! Who /rundisney/ here?

I don't really want to run the princess races, but it's the best weekend that works for both my and my sister's schedule.
>>
>>91854721
This was nicely done! It looks fun to be honest
>>
>>91872793
>Haunted Mansion
>Three Caballeros
>Rock n Roller Coaster
>Kilimanjaro Safari at night

Haven't been to Universal in over a decade and the rides I remember the most probably aren't there anymore. Never been to Busch Gardens.
>>
>>91864583
>The Aristocats Cubs
>Darkwing Duck
>Friar Tuck
>Ze Carioca
>Kuzco
>Kenai and Koda
>Mr Incredible
>Milo and Kida
>Jim Hawkins and BEN
Why is Disneyland Paris so based? Makes me proud of being a eurofag
>>
File: ice_cube_madoka.jpg (81KB, 500x295px) Image search: [Google]
ice_cube_madoka.jpg
81KB, 500x295px
>Disneyland Paris when I was 12
>Want to get Chip and Dale's autographs for my autograph book
>Dale was super nice, gave me and my sister hugs and signed my autograph book
>Chip who was also there was too busy taking pictures with 18 year old girls, creeping on them, hugging them for uncomfortably long periods of time
>The dude seemed drunk or just a creepy horny old man
>Waited for 15 minutes while he was dicking around the girls
>Finally get to him while he's not busy
>He leaves without signing my book
>I don't have fucking Dale's signature but I have Chips

Same time too
>Go to the Haunted Mansion in Euro Disney
>Loved it, maybe just being a kid made it more creepy in French but something about it was beautiful
>Exit
>HOLY FUCK ITS WOODY AND BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
>Get Buzz's signature no problem
>Walk up to Woody to get his signature
>Walks by me
>I try to get in his field of view
>Pushes me and my sister
>My sister is crying
>Woody fucking bolts

Fuck Euro Disney. It's a shame I love the location but your mascots need to learn some fucking restraint and manners.
I still need to go to HongKong and Shanghai Disneys. It's pretty cool to have gone to all of them to see how different they all are.
>>
>>91877862
I feel ya. Back when I was 11 I went to Euro Disney and I remember there was this Sulley who was just walking around and completely ignoring everyone who was trying to get his autograph. I mean all other characters were great, but stuff like this is still unexcusable.
>>
>>91877862
>>91878043
well take solace in the fact that if they acted like that to you guys, they probably continued acting like that and eventually got fired
>>
>>91867009
In line for Pirates during our honeymoon, some fat guy gets behind us. And starts talking to us. "Oh what are you here for? That's cool, how did you meet? eHarmony? Christian Mingle? JewDate (is this even a thing?)? I've been in Florida for a few months now, this is the [#]th time I've been to Disney (pretty much proving the guy's a parent-funded loner NEET)."

It goes on. The line wasn't too long, so it wasn't THAT bad. But upon the boat placement, they sit him next to us in the front row. I sit in the middle to spare my wife. He chatters through the ride, of course. But then we get to the boat/fort battle, and he starts wincing from the water, and scooches closer to me each time. Reminder, he's not small.

Well, that was when the boat stopped. And started slipping backwards, slowly. Back into the splash zone from the cannon shots. So this sperglord starts uttering loud obscenities and scooting closer and closer and is hugging me harder than my wife is trying to not get wet. And he's complaining and yelling like fuckin' Superman is going to come down and save his fat ass. And this continues for about 10 minutes. Splashes, sweaty cuddles and shouting. Eventually the ride restarts and he's just celebrating until we get off the boat, where cast members are handing out free FastPasses. He starts in on this poor girl like she herself paused the ride. My wife grabbed my arm and started dragging up the ramp before the guy could chat us up again.
>>
Got any food recommendations for California Adventure? Going for the first time next week.
>>
File: PotC Magic.jpg (82KB, 900x655px) Image search: [Google]
PotC Magic.jpg
82KB, 900x655px
>>91879487
Always refuse to sit next to strangers on rides, especially Pirates.

If you are a POTC cast member and you put people in rows who don't know each other, FUCK YOU. I don't care what your shift supervisor says. I don't care what your manager says. Never fucking do this.
>>
Rides with 3 or 4 people per row are the worst. Good design and moves the line along faster, but the worst.
>>
>>91880636
I go solo and I dont mind to sit with people but im always put in a empty row
>>
File: DSCN0490.jpg (844KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0490.jpg
844KB, 2272x1704px
>>91873835
Mochi with chocolate, vanilla and strawberry creme filling.
>>
>>91872793
>Magic kingdom
Star tours/Space mountain
>Epcot
Test track
>Hollywood studios
Rockin roller coaster
>Animal kingdom
Expedition Everest

Lol I've only been to Didney mate
>>
>>91874649
I could never get this stupid shit to work
>>
>>91872753
>Be Me
>Family has season pass to Universal Studios Hollywood
>Not really that into it but its fun to be with family
>Go to the Harry Potter section to make fun of all the "sad lesbians" as my dad calls them.
>Got to wizz
>nobody in the bathroom b/c we get there early to avoid the lines.
>Getting set up in the urinal
>"Your not going to tease me, are you"
>The hell?
>Dick goes into fuck or fight mode, can't piss.
>Suddenly remember the ghost chick from the books.
>Still have to find another bathroom to piss in because I get pretty gun-shy.
This was a weird design choice.
>>
>>91882656
>Go to the Harry Potter section to make fun of all the "sad lesbians" as my dad calls them.
>"Your not going to tease me, are you"
>Still have to find another bathroom to piss in because I get pretty gun-shy.

It's almost pottery anon.
>>
>>91882772
I can't piss if someones talking to me, anybody at all.
>>
>>91882850
total opposite, half the time I'm talking to someone or on the phone when pissing
>>
>>91852742
>China is afraid of ghosts, so we got this magic monkey fun instead.
Why are they afraid? Is it a cultural thing? The Mystic Manor (and it being mostly projection stuff) sucks in comparison to the HM.
>>
>>91884223
The Chinese government is stingy with spiritual shit
>>
>>91884223
It's a cultural thing, but less to do with 'I'm afraid' and more to do with 'overwhelming respect for the dead'. Mediums with ghosts have to be handled delicately, or else you wind up in taboo territory.
>>
>>91884295
>>91884411
I hadn't heard all this before, interesting.
>>
>That one attraction you wish you could've rode before it closed down

What was it, /co/?
>>
>>91886269
I was too scared to do Jaws as a kid.
>>
>>91886269
Adventure Thru Inner Space
>>
>>91853709
Cartoon Lagoon gets redone with a CN theme.

Jake coaster and Candy Kingdom.
Steven Universe boardwalk restaurants, and a temple that houses a motion sim ride.
Something with Amazing World of Gumball.

Halloween themes:
Rick and Morty takeover.
Aku unleashes an UNSPEAKABLE EVIL.
>>
>>91886269
Superstar Limo, a treasure cruelly taken from us
>>
>tfw johnny depp does actually show up in pirates like people say
>>
>>91887979
wat
>>
>>91888100
Johnny Depp was on the pirates ride in Disneyland in full costume yesterday. He's done it in the past mostly at land but occasionally at world.
>>
>>91888789
He supposedly goes to the children's hospital dressed as Jack too and spends a few hours with the kids there, pretty cool.
>>
>>91888789
/ourguy/
>>
>>91852949

I dunno about rides but a little kid got dragged off by an alligator in the lagoon the day after I left last summer. That was Disney World down in Florida, of course.

This summer we'll be leaving just before Gay Pride week, funnily enough. Guess I have a thing for escaping just before child-hungry predators show up.
>>
>>91889847
Gb2/pol/ and et cetera.
>>
>>91890442

That's not /pol/, Tumblr
>>
>>91872793
>>Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, followed closely by Haunted Mansion
>>Epcot
Spaceship Earth
>>Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror
>>Animal Kingdom
Safari Ride
>>Universal Studios Florida
>>Islands of Adventure
Harry Potter Lands
>>
>>91872742
Yup, and miss/bama is te indiana of the south
>>
>>91872793

>Magic Kingdom
Thunder Mountain maybe?
>Epcot
Spaceship Earth maybe?
>Animal Kingdom
Dinosaur maybe?

>Universal
>Islands of Adventure
>Seaworld
>Busch Gardens

Fuck I haven't been to any of these for years.
>>
>>91889847
I chuckled a bit.
>>
>>91849685
>>>Magic Kingdom
>space mountain or splash mountain
>>>Epcot
>Soarin but i go there for hanging out
>>>Hollywood Studios
>rock n roller coaster
>>>Animal Kingdom
>everest
>>>Universal Studios Florida
>mummy
>>>Islands of Adventure
>dueling dragons. fuck you its still dueling dragons.
>>
>>91852800
Apparently, they've been playing Kingdom Hearts music at the parks. My stepmother mentioned that the World Menu theme from the first Kingdom Hearts at EPCOT, saying she heard it constantly. Maybe there's hope for Kingdom Hearts at the park after all...
>>
File: 1489353070178.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1489353070178.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
>TFW gonna take my kids to disney world in 10 years
the world could be crumbling but we'll still have disney world
>>
>>91894550
>Apparently, they've been playing Kingdom Hearts music at the parks. My stepmother mentioned that the World Menu theme from the first Kingdom Hearts at EPCOT, saying she heard it constantly.

That's technically nothing new. I remember occasionally hearing "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary" in the now-defunct Starcade at Disneyland, but this is the first time I've heard people mentioning hearing the game's various themes in Disney theme parks.
>>
>>91894756
And suddenly I'm imagining them playing 'End of the World' during Halloween Time
>>
>>91894795

Or any of the other end-game level themes, we also have Hollow Bastion's and The World That Never Was', and Castle Oblivion's.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4oPSmxCeqU
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnE9eus5b_c
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCOrvDL-gY
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaVxOehOKF4

But now I'm wondering if they'd play the original versions or the remastered versions in the parks.
>>
>tfw two years ago anons on a Diseny Park thread tried to tell me that Avatarland was a better investment for Disney than making a Marvel section on the West coast where they legally could
>tried to tell my Avatar had more fans than Marvel

Sometimes I still wonder if they were just trolling or actually serious
>>
>>91894550
Doesn't mean anything. Areas in the parks like that just use an hour long loop of random music that fits the theme of that area. They probably just had the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack within their library of music and thought that particular tune would work.
>>
>>91895029
To be fair they probably thought the Avatar sequel would be out by now and not pushed back to 2035 or whenever Cameron does it
>>
>>91853643
I thought it worked well for Coraline. Gave it this neat diorama kind of look

otherwise yeah
>>
>>91896041
Coraline was fucking amazing in 3D and this is coming from someone who gets violently ill from 3D movies.
>>
>>91895029
Wonder who's going to be more upset. Disney because they're forced to keep this albatross of a park addition. Or Cameron because all the kids will think Avatar comes from Disney when the sequels finally come out.
>>
>avatarland
yeah that movie was successful
but does anybody remember anything from it?
cause I certainly dont
>>
>>91853460

To be completely honest I'd probably enjoy it, more than I enjoyed the film anyway.

Though yes, I am confused.
>>
>>91896233
I remember they had sex with hair tentacles
>>
>>91896233
The ugly blue people?
>>
>>91896233
Nope blue monkey people and hair sex. Though to be fair we're supposed to be at least halfway through his quadrilogy by now. Not waiting another four years into the next decade for the second film.
>>
>>91896233
Everyone forgot about that movie a month after it came out. It made money but it sure ain't successful.

>>91896222
It was a stupid idea from the beginning and they had a few years to call it off or change it into something else had they really felt like it. Yet, they stuck with it for this long anyway.
>>
>>91896233
that scene where the colonel or whatever is on fire but straps himself into that mech before putting it out is the most memorable thing for me
>>
so who's the asshole at Disney that thought Avatarland was a great investment?
>>
>>91896400
Disney can refit it to be Endor or Kashyyyk if needed.
>>
File: jurassic-park-jeff-goldblum.jpg (186KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
jurassic-park-jeff-goldblum.jpg
186KB, 1600x899px
>>91896233

>Aliens fuck with ponytails
>Aliens have blue nipples

Think they'll have that on the tour?
>>
>>91896400
>It was a stupid idea from the beginning and they had a few years to call it off or change it into something else had they really felt like it. Yet, they stuck with it for this long anyway.

Considering how many projects they scrap I'm baffled it got this far
>>
>>91896467
Bob Iger and their now former COO Thomas O. Staggs were the ones that approached Cameron for the project. So nobody that wants their job is going to tell them this is stupid.

Better to fail and look like Cameron is to blame than cancel the project and admit it was a bad idea.
>>
>>91896455
anon Im at work please dont post porn like that, I cant handle it
>>
>>91896687

>Not carrying out a stealthy underdesk rub

Pussy
>>
>>91896635
>>91896429
Additionally, besides being a mad scramble for something to counter Potter, it was also picked to spite Universal, who considering their pre-existing relationship with Cameron on Terminator 2 3D, probably had Avatar on their list of possibilities for new attractions.
>>
File: 11023454.jpg (129KB, 1180x634px) Image search: [Google]
11023454.jpg
129KB, 1180x634px
>>
>>91899668
The most abused earlobe in the business
>>
>>91899668
>>91899708
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-04-19/disney-s-intergalactic-theme-park-quest-to-beat-harry-potter

>The first thing you notice when you meet Joe Rohde is his left earlobe—the one that stretches down to his jawline because it’s carrying 12 hoops. He’s collected them in journeys to Africa, South America, and the Himalayas, and it’s gotten to the point where locals now give him unsolicited earrings, either because they like his style or want to test the limits of what Rohde refers to as his National Geographic ear. “It’s happened with Tibetan people on a trail, Thai hill people, Masai warriors,” says Rohde, a veteran executive in Walt Disney Co.’s Imagineering division, which designs theme parks. “They just hand me stuff.” He shrugs.
>>
I'm handicapped but I really want to work at Disney.

Think I should do it, /co/? I'll probably apply to the College Program in a few years.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20OGVyFr13A

Could this be any uglier
>>
>>91901012
Sure, plenty of work to be done in the utilities department
>>
>>91901012

There's a tranny working for a restaurant in the Wild West, last time I was there.

Freaked me out, it did...
>>
>>91901238
I'm not a tranny, I just walk funny (kinda like trannies post op).
>>
>>91901275

I know I was just saying they obviously take freaks.

>(kinda like trannies post op).

Teehee
>>
>>91901298
well im not a freak. I look rather normal. It's just hard for me to get around easily.
>>
>>91897139
Well part of that is the immersion get a butterbeer at the Leaky Cauldron buy a wand at Ollivanders or a set of Robes at Malkins. There is nothing in Avatar to get into to feel like you are part of the world.
>>
>>91901012
ADA guidelines exist for a reason. You're fine.
>>
>>91901238
That Disney World or Disney Land?
>>
>>91901019
Well, at least SWL is coming along nicely...
>>
>>91901355
>>91901275
>>91901012
sounds to me like you'd still be employable, would just have to be at a position without a bunch of walking around(this assumes that you can stand up for long periods of time though)
>>
>>91901560
Well Florida the utilities system is wide hallways and motorized carts.
>>
File: DSCN0116.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0116.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>91849685
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApSzmzhflMA
>>
File: DSC_0269.jpg (2MB, 3696x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0269.jpg
2MB, 3696x2448px
>>91901785
crop the people out and this would be a pretty good pic
>>
>>91854694
>>
When is Epcot going to add more countries to the world showcase?
>>
>>91902057
Word's going around that a Spain pavilion is coming so they can shove an attraction based on Gigantic into Epcot. Brazil is also in the running as a possible new pavilion.

Additionally, Ratatouille ride from Paris is coming to the France pavilion and they're adding some minor ride to the UK pavilion, possibly Mary Poppins themed.

Because you know, World Showcase is just Fantasyland with booze now.
>>
>>91902057
probably never
>>
File: cinderella'scastle(night).png (1MB, 984x656px) Image search: [Google]
cinderella'scastle(night).png
1MB, 984x656px
>>91901896
It's an old pic from my 2009 trip.
>>
>>91901534

World

In Flarda
>>
>>91902611
thats better imo
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/04/creative-collaboration-key-to-designing-new-merchandise-for-pandora-the-world-of-avatar/
>>
File: DSCN0091.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0091.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
>>91902662
It was the only time I saw the CADCTP, and the last time I ever saw Spectromagic.
>>
>>91902174
>Don't put anything regionally appropriate or fun in World Showcase, just let it continue to be a bland shopping mall for eternity!
Ugh, Epcot fags are the worst.
>>
File: DSC_1064.jpg (2MB, 3696x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1064.jpg
2MB, 3696x2448px
>>91902816
idk what that stands for but thats another good pic
>>
>>91902024
I'd love for Rescuers to have some proper park representation, but it really wouldn't be able to sustain an entire section of a park to itself
>>
>>91902967
You can put regionally appropriate and fun things into World Showcase without relying solely on cartoons created by American animation studios Mr. Chapek.
>>
>>91903439
Totally disagree. If anything, Disney the man and his legacy corporation should be congratulated for keeping dozens upon dozens of European fables in the public eye.
>>
>>91894756
>now-defunct Starcade at Disneyland

Wut? No...nyooo

Last time I was there it was full of all the awesome retro games from Flynn's Arcade they switched over when they butchered Electronica to that abomination Mad Tea Party. Don't tell me they killed Starcade. I spent my childhood drooling over the lifesized X-wing fighter they had in there long ago and wishing I had that thing in my backyard.
>>
File: Disney Gay.jpg (16KB, 584x127px) Image search: [Google]
Disney Gay.jpg
16KB, 584x127px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>91906623
It's been closed off for quite some time. No clue what, if anything, is being put in there.
>>
>>91908005
Last time I bothered to even look it was a promotion showing off the Tomorrow Land movie.
I think the Star Wars gift shop has encroached a bit into the space these days.
>>
>>91906623
>>91908054
Currently being used for some meet and greet space exclusively for Annual Passholders.
>>
>>91886269
There's quite bit some but main two are alien Encounter and Mr Toad wild ride. the latter I remember we coming out of HM and it was night time, and then decided wanting try out Mr Toad. till we got there and it was close down but I think it was for refurbish at the time (happen around 1992). then coming back few years later only find out it was closed for good.
>>
>>91854295
more
>>
>>91902024

Personally, I would go for South America. The scope they can do with a recreation of rain forest, Andes mountain and Amazon river ride would be fantastic. And some neat Central America/Mexico theming design.
>>
>>91908081
That's neat. I thought the only special AP things were buttons, these days.
>>
>>91902967
I'm big epcot fan but Honestly, can't blame the fans with what's going on with Epcot lately. Epcot seems to be losing what made Epcot...Epoct to begin with.

Even as a kid, I knew and recognize that it's not MK and that it shouldn't have Disney animated IP plastered all over the place. I knew that it was suppose to be a different kind of park. I think what most are upset about is future world and that losing it's identity.

World show case is fine imo. I'm not even mad or upset about frozen in Norway to be honest. I am slightly annoyed about Rio del el Tiempo becoming three caballeros but whatever, and it's still almost essentially unchanged.
>>
>>91908444
There's also secret menus too
>>
File: DSC_3650.jpg (4MB, 2992x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3650.jpg
4MB, 2992x2000px
>>91908196
thats the only one thats lewd i think
>>
File: DSC_3290.jpg (494KB, 2388x1552px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3290.jpg
494KB, 2388x1552px
>>91903082
>>91908743
why the fuck are my pics posting like this?
>>
>>91908005
>>91908081
>>91908054
I joined the military 2013 and havent been back since. That sucks, it was part of my childhood. Arcades have almost gone extinct it seems.
>>
>>91908472
Caballeros at least utilizes actual Mexico as a setting and backdrop for the adventure. And it's cool that they've put those Mickey Mouse Revue figures at the end now.

Frozen Ever After on the other hand is purely about the film.
>>
>>91908818
They might as well be. Finding a genuine arcade without any of that redemption crap has become more of an endeavor over the years.

It really is sad. I remember being introduced to the Tron arcade cabinets via the Starcade
>>
File: DSC_5323 (2).jpg (443KB, 1183x1714px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5323 (2).jpg
443KB, 1183x1714px
YASSSSSSSS QWWWWWWWWWN
>>
>>91908786
4chan strips exif data which can change orientation of phone pics
>>
>>91852594
DONT
MOVE
A MUSCLE
>>
>>91872793
MK: Jungle Cruise
Epcot: Spaceshhip Earth
Hollywood studios: Great Movie Ride
AK: Kilimanjaro safaris
Universal florida: the mummy
Islands of adventure: the harry potter ride
last two i havent gone to
Thread posts: 402
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.