[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this just a big fuck you from Bendis to HydraCap fans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: $.png (2MB, 1174x900px) Image search: [Google]
$.png
2MB, 1174x900px
Was this just a big fuck you from Bendis to HydraCap fans?
>>
File: www.png (1MB, 1000x781px) Image search: [Google]
www.png
1MB, 1000x781px
>>91846571
Was this just a big fuck you from Bendis to Kitty, Colossus and Iceman fans?
>>
>>91846644
who dis? Bendis and Kitty?
>>
Bendis is the pettiest little shit in comics. One of the few people in the industry that I think needs a straightforward asswhupping.
>>
>>91846714
Kong was a Bendis self-insert that Bendis ironically killed off.
>>
>>91846571
I think it was more of a big fuck you to Nick Spencer for undermining every single one of CW2's plot beats by having HydraCap keikaku-ing all over them

Which Nick promptly returned in his post-CW2#5 issue and The Oath by going "Yeah, well my guy still wins in the end!"
>>
>>91846571

Nope just his latest attempt at making Miles relevant.
>>
>>91846571
Reminder this was the Marvel retreat where they decided on Civil War 2:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020

>Though they also didn’t immediately settle on a big-name hero to turn into the culprit, Bendis kept referring to the doomed hero as Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man.

>“Do you see me worried? I’m not worried,” whispers “Amazing Spider-Man” writer Dan Slott. “This is not my first rodeo. By the end of the afternoon, it won’t be Peter Parker.”

Realistically they knew they were going into Secret Empire and while the details of that hadn't been finagled out they probably talked about which hero would be in the vision of future Cap and 1) either Bendis just won out on it being Miles or 2) because Civil War 2 was Bendis' event he was able to select this guy.

So no OP, I don't think so. I don't think this is right either >>91847018. It's just typical fans-as-creators 'inmates running the asylum' josting as ever. You know, the kind of thing good editorial lol could cut down on.
>>
>>91847169
That's about Bruce's role, not Miles's.
>>
File: 1492978152831.jpg (658KB, 1280x1995px) Image search: [Google]
1492978152831.jpg
658KB, 1280x1995px
>>
Are you acting like Bendis blowing on Miles' dick and making him win everything with venom blast is something new?
>>
File: SECEMP2017007_Cov.jpg (336KB, 838x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SECEMP2017007_Cov.jpg
336KB, 838x1200px
SECRET EMPIRE #7 (of 9)
NICK SPENCER (W) • ANDREA SORRENTINO (A)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
Hydra Hero Variant Cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
Villain Variant Cover by DAN MORA
Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
• It was foretold by Ulysses, it’s haunted Spider-Man’s nightmares for months, and now the moment has arrived: It’s time for Miles Morales to kill Captain America! Unless Natasha…
40 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
>>
>>91847259
You really don't think they also discussed other characters during these meets? Really?
>>
>>91846571

Considering this was a big thing during CW2 I'm going to attempt to give them credit and say this was a set up for Secret Empire. As shown in >>91847288 it kind of starts making more sense.
>>
>>91846571
No, it was Bendis trying to shoehorn Miles into Spencer's story by setting up something that Spencer would then have to address.
>>
>>91846571
are they going to kill cap again? fuck marvel
>>
>>91847750
This.
>>
>>91846571
What, a black guy killing a white guy? Nothing new in america.
>>
>>91847836

the white guy was a brainwash super nazi soooooooooo.
>>
>>91847259
Not sure you're getting my point senpai. I'm pointing to the method as well as the specifics. But they definitely discussed who'd be the one set up to defeat HydraCap either at this summit or at the net one.
>>
>>91846571
A better twist will be they reversing the roles here (Cap killing Miles)
>>
>>91847750
>>91847830
Wasn't the fact that Ulysses' visions not being the unchangeable future be enough to void the scenario on Spencer's end?

>>91847288
Oh look, it's how they're going to rationalize Cap's actions in the MU after everyone gets tired of dealing with HYDRACap fallout.
>>
>>91847288
Isn't this actually a really weak team, minus Cap getting the hammer? I feel like Herc could basically solo these guys
>>
>>91848095
Venom Blast backfiring into mile turning him into a vegetable.

He wakes up thinknig he's Ultimate Peter or only Remembers his Ultimate timeline.
>>
Wait a fucking minute
So this vision that Ulysses had actually has to do with Secret Empire?

What the fuck is happening? Have I missed something here?
>>
>>91848584
No shit, they didn't even hide it back when he had the vision.

It was just the in-universe characters that thought he had perfect foresight
>>
>>91848584
m8, how new to comics are you?
>>
>>91848659
>>91848646
When CV2 came out, there wasn't even any mention of Secret Empire was there? I thought it was just a vision. I know a lot of the Marvel events like Monsters Unleashed were teased from his visions, but how exactly was the Miles one linked to Secret Empire?

Keep in mind I haven't been following the Cap ongoing all that much.
>>
>>91848865
We knew Cap was going HydraCap for FCBD which was before CW2
>>
>>91849111
I must have missed that, thanks anon.
>>
>>91848584
>So this vision that Ulysses had actually has to do with Secret Empire?
No fucking shit? It was pretty obvious that was the case the second it happened.
>>
>>91848865
>there wasn't even any mention of Secret Empire was there?
Captain Hydra was already like 4 issues in by the time CWII happened and it was clear as fuck that Captain Hydra's book was building up to an event comic.
>>
>>91847018
How did HydraCap Keikaku CW2?
>>
>>91849410
Pretty much everything was instigated by Cap. He couldn't have Ulysses outing him as Hydra, so he needed to set things in motion that would be a bigger deal than that so Ulysses would have visions of things other than Cap being Hydra.

The "Bruce Banner is going to Hulk out and killing everyone" vision happened because of Steve. Steve was also pushing both Tony and Carol's buttons to try and get them to fight each other. It's also implied that the shield around Miles in the final battle that causes Tony to attack Carol over was created by Steve. Tony thought Carol put it up to arrest Miles, and Carol thought Tony put it up to keep Carol away from him.
>>
>>91849638
Was this in cap's ongoing or what?
>>
>>91849750
Yes. The implication about the forcefield is in the core series though, because the scene is framed like Tony is the one putting the forcefield up to stop Carol yet Tony's attitude towards it implies he thinks Carol put it up.

Meaning either Cap did it, or Bendis is just an even shittier writer than expected.
>>
>>91846571
Wait, Miles killed someone?
>>
Wait, Hydracap has fans?
>>
>>91849410
>Hey Tony, Carol said she's seen better facial hair on a 14 year old Turkish girl.
>That bitch! My facial hair is awesome! Just ask Dr. Strange!

Followed by:

>Hey Carol, Tony said he's proud that you're finally transitioning into a man and that he's already built you a robot cock for when you start calling yourself Carl.
>Ha ha ha, I guess it's better than all the bull dyke jokes I usually get.
>Oh. Umm...he also said the Red Sox suck.
>I am going to beat that fucker to death with his own leg.

And that's how Civil War 2 started.
>>
>>91849859
Probably Bendis just being shitty.
>>
>>91849901
Not yet :)
>>
>>91850039
We hate Miles more
>>
>>91851207
>we

Speak for yourself, moron.
>>
File: THe Dream.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
THe Dream.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91850039
Yes, i like him. Also, fuck you
>>
>>91848317
Cap could probe OldManLogan's mind and shortcut to find out how all the heroes were defeated in his world, and then use his global influence to enact them or at least threaten to?
>>
>>91851207
this
>>
>>91847288
>Spider-Man
>Fighting against nazis
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.