[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought it was okay.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (95KB, 542x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 542x482px
I thought it was okay.
>>
Your opinion is wrong
>>
>>91842716
I can't think of anything that has tried to be edgier.
>>
>>91843173
At least it was different from all the 2000s lolsorandom and 2smrt4u webcomics like Memestuck and xkcd
>>
>>91842716

I love it. I still do.

>>91843173

Then you must be pretty sheltered. Compared to, say, 'The Goddamned', 'Crossed' or 'Preacher' it was pretty gentle.

I miss the good times. The board was so much fun. Some of the happiest years of my life happened when 'Jack' was at its peak.

And now it's gone.
>>
>>91842716
I was honestly amazed how that author managed to interconnect a whole fuckload of characters. The worldbuilding and continuity is far better than it has any right to be.
>>
File: jack.jpg (90KB, 735x281px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
90KB, 735x281px
>>
>>91844468

David Hopkins gets more shit than credit.
>>
>>91844603
>the author is a piece of shit
?
>>
>>91844603

I will forever honor and respect Dave just for creating a 2000+ pages comic over 15 years practically on his own, getting so much shit for it and still committing to it.

He has discipline and he cares.
>>
>>91844603

"Unapologetically dark and horrible in a way no other comic wants to go into" The fuck you talking about, jo-jo? There is SO much worse stuff out there.

I ought to know, I made some of it.

The strangest fact of all: The main message of 'Jack' is NOT horror, although it is a horror comic, it's hope and love.
>>
that comic made me reevaluate my religious views
>>
>>91844731
That's another thing that surprised me, that comic has actually quite reasonable morals past the edge. That kid seemed to take his faith sincerely, albeit in a weird and admittedly autistic way.
>>
>>91842716
I don't think it's good but parts of it were effective
>>
Since it is unlikely I will ever have another opportunity to show these off to anyone...

Covers for the longest arc of the series.
>>
>>91845154
>>
Just because he worked hard on his shit and put care and thought into his shit doesn't make it any less shit.
>>
>>91844258
Tried is the operative word here. Jack tried really fucking hard, and for multiple reasons it just didn't work.

Also The Unfunnies might have tried harder actually, now that I think about it.
>>
>>91845154
>>91845172

What animal is the brownish orange one supposed to be?
>>
>>91845172
>>
>>91845208
No argument here.

It still didn't stop me from marathoning this shit in one sleepless night and having the time of my life.
>>
>>91845219

It worked fine for me. Besides of which, how was it supposed to 'work'? Is there a standard for webcomics? Ha. That would be something.

>>91845250

Nobody knows. That's Megan, btw.

>>91845277

Last one I finished.
>>
>>91845309

One night? Damn, it took even me two days, and that was when 'Debts' was still running.

Do you have a favorite?

Mine always used to be 'Games we play in Hell' until 'Megan's Run' came out.
And no, not because of Musical Holes.

Hopkins actually edited the arc later to omit most of that!

Almost 50% of the infamous rape content of the series actually occurs in 'Games'.
>>
>>91844258
I miss cardboard WHALE bro
>>
>>91844603
Well I sort of agree. It's what makes it endearing, even though it's so laughably grimdark/edge incarnate. There is some sort of angsty teenager innocence to it. it's so heartfelt.

What did the author do?
>>
>>91845405
>Games we play in Hell
That was one of my favorites as well, it's the perfect chapter to show to your friends to give them a clear idea what the comic is about.

I personally liked Drip's(?) backstory and other chapters focusing on worldbuilding. It's stuff like that that made the comic feel like a poor man's Homestuck.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.