[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is DCEU Pa Kent so fucking weird?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_5845.jpg (31KB, 853x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5845.jpg
31KB, 853x353px
Why is DCEU Pa Kent so fucking weird?
>>
>>91840919
Autism.
>>
he knew he was in a snyder film
>>
>What was I supposed to do? Let them die?
>Fuck yeah, those sons of bitches deserve to rot in Hell

Damn, Snyder, that was harsh.
>>
File: call me maybe.jpg (269KB, 696x4010px) Image search: [Google]
call me maybe.jpg
269KB, 696x4010px
He was forever tormented by the screams of drowning horses.
>>
>A father who thinks protecting is son is the most important thing in the world.

Terrible character, deserved to die.
>>
>>91841140
>>91841335
Sometimes I legitimately believe the people who hate MoS/BvS only do so because they fell asleep in the theater and dreamed a completely different movie from what was on the screen.
>>
>>91841360
>A father who unecessarily killed himself in front of his son, making him develop mental issues and wander around without friends, girlfirend or an stabelished job until adulthood.

>The nigger who is the reason for this superman being mopey, doubt humanity and follow his weird view of "just hide from the world bro until you are forced to show up by external circunstances" you are almost middle aged.

>Not being shit
>>
>>91841429
Sometimes I legitimately believe the people who blindly support MoS/BvS only do so because they fell asleep in the theater and dreamed a completely different movie from what was on the screen.
>>
>>91841360
How was needlessly committing suicide protecting his son?

It's literally the exact opposite.
>>
>>91840919

he was a furry

>teaches his son to never risk himself to save other people
>sacrifices himself to save a dog
>>
>>91841533
Yet the people who like the film aren't the ones using wrong quotes and shopped images to justify their opinions.
>>
>>91840919
Because he's human as written by people at think humanity is defined by its flaws rather than any higher merits.
>>
>>91841705
No, they're using sarcastic hyperbole.
But I don't fault you for not understanding jokes. That was obvious given what side of this shit you're on.
>>
>>91841429
Sometimes I've LITERALLY have Zero fucking doubt there are hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars, being deposited on so-called "Reviewer's" PayPal accounts as we speak, from some silly Disney subsidiary (if it was named Funtime Inc. it would be too poetic) that is too well hidden to prove anything.

This is how this happens.

This how a giant corporation kills art.

You are fucking seeing it: form opinions on people without giving them a chance to make up their mind. BvS is really an amazing accomplishment of storytelling, but it has a lot more in common with William Wyler's Ben Hur than The Avengers. It is a story about humanity and not a comedy about people who only look human on the outside.

It's a real shame 4chan can't see past Disney's deception. And Good riddance, i don't need you.
>>
>>91841517
But HE FUCKING SHOULD DOUBT HUMANITY we are god awful murderous trash, he taught his son not to be a naive fucking idiot, not doing so in a dark realistic world such as this would be fucking negligent.
>>
>>91841807
Committing suicide for no reason is more than just a flaw.

>>91841895
>Superman
>Not seeing the best in humanity

Fucking kill yourself Snyder please.
>>
File: ha.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
>>91841887
I needed a good laugh today. Thank you.
>>
>>91841140
Your a god damn lying mother fucker, he spit out mabye in desperation to get his point across if you actually bothered to follow the scene, he said "there is more at stake then our lives or the lives around us", he was saying them dying would be preferable to thousands dying in war & terrorism in the wake of godly powerful aliens being revealed to exist would bring.
>>
>>91841517
>>91841562
>He should have allowed his teenage son who he knows is an alien and kinda stronger than a normal human to jump into a fucking tornado to maybe save his father putting himself in physical danger while also exposing powers to everyone present.
>>
>>91841887
Kek DCuck you seem upset?
>>
>>91841845
It is possible I don't understand jokes. I was always under the impression they were supposed to be things that are funny. I guess they're something else though.
>>
>>91841936
He comiits suicide because he's a pesismistic, fearful, and paranoid. He believes with every fiber of his being that mankind is going to give in to its worst impulses when it finds out they're not alone in the universe. Rarther than tell his son everything going to be okay, he instills in Clark a message of "we're on the brink of everything turning to shit all day every day"

That's a flaw. Most people just doll it up as "dark realism".
>>
>>91841936
He is aware of the good in humanity, that doesn't mean he has to be blind to the horror and consequences the bad side will bring.
>>
Written by an Objectivist.
>>
>>91841970
It was a joke
Holy shit dude
>>
>>91841970
You've been saying this for four years. Aren't you tired yet?
>>
>>91842015
No it is not a writing flaw, it is a perfectly valid take on the character.
Pa Kent's Job is to prepare Clark for the world, warning him of the awful she we do 90% of the time falls perfectly into that job description.
>>
>>91842063
>THERE'S NO ROOM FOR JOKES YOU FUCKING RETARD SUPERMAN IS SERIOUS BUSINESS FOR MATURE ADULTS
>>
>>91842069
I will be tired when you fucking sadist are tried of mother fucking lying.
>>
File: 2013-06-24-theliewetellourselves.png (127KB, 550x1008px) Image search: [Google]
2013-06-24-theliewetellourselves.png
127KB, 550x1008px
>>
>>91841887
That's some tasty pasta.
>>
>>91842105
I genuinely believe Bvs needed more light moments for Clark before the senate explosion.
It is these SPECIFIC god damn fucking jokes that people have used to demonize and warp people's perspective of the films that need to fucking stop.
You wanna criticize the films, be my fucking guest but stop fucking lying about that clearly took place on screen.
>>
>>91842127
>waaaah no one understand mys serious and mature artistic masterpiece

I got cable news to brainwash me into thinking that humanity is shit. Why the fuck do I need that from a comic book movie too?
>>
>>91842214
Never said it was a masterpiece, both films have plenty of flaws (bvs more so), the problem is people keep making shit up to make it seem worse then it is.
>>
>>91842083
>No it is not a writing flaw
It's a CHARACTER flaw, not a writing flaw, you knob. Being a paranoid cynic isn't a good thing, much less when you dress it up as "I'm just being realistic"
>>
File: That is a great big jar of piss.jpg (54KB, 848x422px) Image search: [Google]
That is a great big jar of piss.jpg
54KB, 848x422px
>>91842207
>that clearly took place on screen
>>
>>91842269
You're a hypocrite that doesn't seem to grasp that your perception of events isn't universal. For years now you've been inserting your own skewed viewpoint into stuff and expect us to accept and go along with it
>Jonathan was totally conflicted and struggling with it!
>They weren't just making out, they were trembling in fear!
It's cool if you see the events that way but you need to wrap your head around the fact that it's just YOUR view and not everyone's.
>>
File: 1493017960618.jpg (8KB, 309x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493017960618.jpg
8KB, 309x300px
>>91841140

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjBspxuUmU
>>
>>91840919
cuz he's in a-
>>91841107
ah, beaten to the punch.
>>
>>91841533

I don't blindly support Batman v Superman. Had to see it twice to get what it's doing. But then I started to appreciate it.
>>
>>91842617
I got what it was doing the first time I watched it.

It still sucked balls.
>>
>>91842617
if you have to watch something multiple times to properly appreciate it, the problem isn't you, it's the film. BvS isn't some Shakespearean shit.
>>
>>91840919
He best embodies the world Snyder is creating around Superman and the League.
>>
I always found it funny that Pa Kent sacrificed himself for the dog, and the next time Clark visits home there's a new dog

I get that the sacrifice was so Clark could live a normal life for a little while longer but they could've just as easily had his Dad get stuck or trapped instead of making it look like he just got tired of living
Imagine how much more impactful that scene would've been if his Dad was in actual danger and told him not to save him
>>
>>91842692
what a shitty view of art. So you understood everything the first time you watched 2001? Or Once Upon A Time in The West? or The Sopranos? Or read A Contract With God?
>>
>>91842617
I think that fundamentally most people believe that big-screen productions of superheroes shouldn't be wildly divergent Elseworlds with a mentally ill Batman murdering everyone and Clark raised by a nihilistic Pa Kent.

Even Nolan's trilogy was mostly a certain TONE over the basic elements which remained unchanged. Batman didn't murder for instance.
>>
>>91840919
>another DCEU hate thread
Get a life.
>>
>>91842739
Have you never been in a tornado before? HE was trapped, his leg got hurt, and its fucking hard to walk in a tornado. He didnt kill himself, he saved the dog and then realized that he couldnt make it back in time as the wind picked up.
>>
>>91842759
>wildly divergent

it really wasnt and Pa Kent was nihilistic. And Batman murdering is not portrayed as a good thing you dumb dumb.
>>
>>91842413
>You're a hypocrite that doesn't seem to grasp that your perception of events isn't universal. For years now you've been inserting your own skewed viewpoint into stuff and expect us to accept and go along with it.

Yeah, sums you up pretty well pajeet. I agree with the other anon's interpretation way more than yours and I didnt even like the movie. You're insane.
>>
>>91841517
>he thinks Pa Kent knew he would die in the tornado
>not that he just saved the dog and hurt his leg and realized he was fucked

jesus, you lack basic scene comprehension
>>
Superman's super speed will always mean the audience will doubt whether he really could not save someone.

Pa should just have died some other way, completely out of Clark's hands to save him, or else don't kill him off yet.
>>
>>91842165
Looks memey as fuck, but that's right on. I disagree with the last panel, but that doesn't mean I think it is incorrect.
>>
>>91841533
Sometimes I legitimately believe you have no life and make these shit posting anti-dceu threads all day.

I'm sorry your life revolves around something you hate. Gotta suck to be you.
>>
>>91841562
>he knew he was going to die

no he didnt, so its not suicide, its him saving a dog and then he dies. He risked his life, but he didnt know he would die. You are one dumb man.
>>
>>91841936
>>91841807
but he didnt commit suicide
>>
>>91842754
you're basing my view on art based on a shitty superhero film.
>>
>>91842776
>>91840919

This. Get a fucking life you pathetic basement dweller.
>>
>>91842899
No, I am basing it on your words

>if you have to watch something multiple times to properly appreciate it, the problem isn't you, it's the film.

So according to you any art is flawed if it requires multiple views. Got it, you braindead idiot.
>>
>fails to make a GOTG hype thread
>instead decides to make an anti DCEU thread because he knows people care enough about the movies to defend them
Fact is: nobody cares about the MCU. Nobody will defend it because they know it sucks. The DCEU will always be better entertainment.
>>
>>91841976
OR just 8gnored the fucking dog, instead of exchanging his life for it without thinking about his family.

Hell, it wouldn't even be that weird if Clark didn't overun, because it took some time for the tornado to reach him, he just needed to run a little faster than the fucking dog.
>>
>>91842942
>>91840919

Hahah its true. OP is a shitstain.
>>
>>91842944
>exchanging his life for it

Thats not what he was doing, he saved the dog not knowing he was going to die. Pa Kent is teaching by example, always helping life no matter how small.
>>
>>91842944
> because it took some time for the tornado to reach him, he just needed to run a little faster than the fucking dog.

What? They were IN the tornado. You just dont understand how they work. They get progressively more windy and hard to walk, AND he hurt his left. Do you not how hard it is to walk in a tornado, let alone with a fucking hurt leg? No, you dont, because you are just stuck in your fucking basement and have no experience in the outside world.
>>
>>91842692

I think sometimes you approach something with the wrong mindset or the wrong expectations and end up enjoying it less than you would have otherwise.

It was lime that with this movie. There were a lot of thing that went over my head the first time because I didn't look at them from the right perspective. The second time a lot of them, like Batman's characterization, Eisenbergs eccentric performance, the presence of Doomsday actually clicked for me and I understood what their point was.
>>
>>91842940
my point was a really powerful and deep message should be at least remotely apparent upon first viewing. when I watched MoS and BvS I didn't get any implication of a deeper meaning whatsoever other than shitty religious/Christain symbolism shoved down my throat.

But okay, I'm the braindead idiot because I don't have a taste for shitty art. I just don't understand Snyder's magnificent and Shakespearean cape kino vision, obviously.
>>
>>91841970
Even the worst of the worst from /tv/ got that joke. How can one person be this autistic?
>>
>>91843098
See you are extrapolating, if you meant to say something about messages then say that, dont say ALL MOVIES SHOULD BE 100% UNDERSTANDABLE THE FIRST TIME YOU WATCH IT.

And I disagree with your "point" anyway. First time I watched 2001, I didnt get any of the leaps of evolution ideas behind it. But upon re-watching I did.

If YOU didnt get anything out of the first viewing thats on you, especially when there are only two jesus references in the whole movie so if thats what you focused on thats your problem.
I got lots out of it the first time, and even more the second and third times watching it.
>>
>>91842781
>Have you never been in a tornado before?
Yes, I'm pretty sure most people haven't. And if we want to talk about realistic tornadoes, hiding under an overpass is one of the worst possible things you can do during a tornado and all of those people and the dog should've died

Pa's death was just too avoidable to be anything but silly, Clark could've gotten the dog, Clark could've gotten Pa even and it would've been believable.

Have the wind push the truck onto his leg, Clark runs out and tries to lift it, his Dad stops him, and gives a proper goodbye instead of the hand raise
>>
>>91843016
Oh, so you little bigger walked on a tornado already?

The funny thing, is that I was talking about CLARK not Pa Kent. If a dog can be alive and outrun a tornado, so could Clark, without making him look like a fucking god that can "run as fast as a dog".
>>
>>91843169
>Yes, I'm pretty sure most people haven't
No you havent, or else you wouldnt be asking such dumb ass questions and you would know not everything makes 100% sense in a disaster situation.

>And if we want to talk about realistic tornadoes, hiding under an overpass is one of the worst possible things you can do during a tornado and all of those people and the dog should've died

No, people do it all the time and it works out fine. I know its a myth that you should do that, but its still better than sitting out in the open, and do you really expect country folk to NOT believe in old wives tales? Like your levels of autism you project onto this movie is absurd, you expect everyone to be 100% logical machines.
>Pa's death was just too avoidable to be anything but silly, Clark could've gotten the dog, Clark could've gotten Pa even and it would've been believable.

No he couldnt have. He didnt have super speed yet and no one knew he was going to die until he did. You expect him to be psychic? Also why would Clark get the dog? like Pa Kent saw the dog, went to get it, and then hurt his leg, something he couldnt have predicted.

>Have the wind push the truck onto his leg, Clark runs out and tries to lift it, his Dad stops him, and gives a proper goodbye instead of the hand raise

But Clark has no idea how much damage is done to his dad. From his PoV Pa Kent is going to walk back to the overpass, but then his dad just raises his hand to tell him not to reveal himself and then is blown away. Clark didnt know that was going to happen you idiot.
>>
>>91843163
I get where you're coming from, I think its just we have a difference of opinion in the fact that I think he overdid the deep symbolic undertones in BvS. Mainly in the fact he decided to kill Superman off just for the sake of symbolism. Its the second film DCCU Sups has made an appearance in aaaaaand he's gone, for Snyder to wave his artistic dick around. As a fan of Superman and DC that annoyed me just a bit. The film had decent moments otherwise. I even kinda liked Riddler Lex.
>>
>>91843181
So he should have somehow predicted that Pa Kent was about to be blown away from the tornado?
>>
>>91843327
>Mainly in the fact he decided to kill Superman off just for the sake of symbolism.

But thats not why he did it. Superman died to show the world who he really was, and to be a reason for the JL to form.

You project a lot of stupid shit onto the movie, like using this term deep symbolic undertones that no one else but urself is using.

And if you actually think Lex acted anything like Riddler you need to read more comics. Riddler, 90% of the time, does not act like eccentric mad scientist lex does.
>>
>>91843388
>But thats not why he did it. Superman died to show the world who he really was, and to be a reason for the JL to form.

when the fuck was that established? he clearly scarified himself in order to kill Doomsday. in the context of the story the forming JL thing was an after thought.
>>
>>91843313
That's simply because the tornado misses the overpass.
>>
>>91843421
yes Superman did it to killed Doomsday and died in the process, but you said Snyder did it for the symbolism. No, Snyder did it so Superman could show the world who he really was, a mortal who had extraordinary gifts he used for the betterment of man. Not a god. Not a demon. A man. And yes this was established.

What I never understand about people like you is that you switch arguments. First you argue why Snyder did it, and then you suddenly switch to why Superman did it in-universe.
>>
>>91843461
great job not disproving anything.
>>
>>91843313
>but its still better than sitting out in the open
I would like to add you are wrong about this, if a tornado hits, that overpass becomes like a grinder with all the debris being thrown around
>>
>>91843567
eh idk, ive heard conflicting things. As someone who survived a tornado by going into an overpass I am inclined to disagree with you.
>>
>>91843388
>Superman died to show the world who he really was
Superman died because Snyder wanted to do the Death and Life of Superman as a trilogy and when he was told to do the Justice League instead he just grafted them onto that plot.
Just like Zod didn't die for any deep reason... he died because the 3rd act needed a shock ending to carry the film and they had Superman kill him without going back to make any changes earlier in the movie to make that decision sit in any sort of coherent context.

These things happen because Snyder is a hack. You can argue whether or not the movies have redeeming merits and they may well do so... but Snyder will always be a hack.
>>
>>91843612
Did the tornado miss you?
>>
>>91843329
Yes? You clearly doesn't need super vision to see a tornado that is seconds away from you.
>>
>>91843638
>Superman died because Snyder wanted to do the Death and Life of Superman as a trilogy and when he was told to do the Justice League instead he just grafted them onto that plot.

Source?

>Just like Zod didn't die for any deep reason... he died because the 3rd act needed a shock ending to carry the film and they had Superman kill him without going back to make any changes earlier in the movie to make that decision sit in any sort of coherent context.

Source? Because interviews say the exact opposite, that they created the whole story with Nolan and Snyder specifically put the death scene in there so that Superman could establish his no-kill rule.

Good job making up a bunch of stuff though.
>>
>>91843667
idk to be honest, it was windy as shit and some things were flying around. My car didnt get lifted though. It wasnt the perfect place to hide, but I survived.
>>
>>91843712
You dont understand how tornados work. They were IN the tornado already. It was just getting progressively worse as it flew over them. Its not like the tornado was miles away or anything, it was ON them.

You are so goddamn dumb.
>>
>>91843790
So you are saying that the decision was even more stupid? And that Clark having agency and saving the dog without looking super human was not that difficult of a chore to do? You are arguing against your point.
>>
>>91843790
You look so angry, it's funny.
>>
>>91841429
Yeah, if it was a good movie, then people wouldn't had fallen asleep.
>>
>>91843883
How am I saying that all please highlight the parts of my argument that say that.
Also by having the tornado ON them im saying no one knew Pa Kent was going to fly away on that very second. They were in the middle of it, things were unpredictable. Again, you are crazy if you think winds dont just pick up suddenly in the middle of a tornado or if you think the winds are a constant enough level that they could have predicted Pa Kent was going to be swept away at that very moment. Only person who could have known the winds were picking up on the spot Pa Kent was standing on was Pa Kent himself.
>>
>>91843921
>Don't have a rebuttal
>I know, I'll tell him how angry he is!

the ultimate answer of the brain dead loser.
>>
>>91843461
That's not how tornadoes work tho.
>>
>>91843969
Except that Clark could have easily saved the dog without giving away his identity.
>>
>>91844082
But that wasnt the point, Pa Kent wanted Clark to be safe and HE went to go the save the dog. He didnt know he would die doing it, he though he could save the dog and keep his son safe.

Why are you so autistic about this? There is nothing wrong with Pa Kent going to save a dog. You wanted Clark to do it for no reason, other than you having future knowledge no one else had. Pa Kent was closer to the dog and Clark had JUST saved a child.
>>
No one's is ever going to be happy about Superman not at least trying to save someone in danger.
>>
>>91843515
>And yes this was established.
Saying "yes it happened" is not the same as answering when it happened. This is why you guys keep getting accused of writing headcanon. Whenever we ask "where and how was this shown" you guys, at best, go "JUST WATCH IT FFS"
>>
>>91844082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j7lezDWh4M

>Clark is making sure everyone is safe in the overpass
>while Pa Kent is savign the dog, Clark is bringing a child to safety
>Clark just barely turns around in time to see his dad die

you are bad at scene comprehension.
>>
>>91840919
Something something 2deep4u
Something something Jesus
Something something DCkino
Something something STOP HATING IT YOU MARVELKEK YOU JUST DON'T GET IT REEEEEEEEEE

There, that should sum up these threads and the answer you are looking for.
>>
File: 1471294145282.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1471294145282.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91843515
>Not a god. Not a demon. A man.
Humans are social creatures. That Superman was not.
>>
>>91844164
But you never asked where it was established. This is the first time you are bringing it up. I can tell you exactly where it was established, it was established everytime Luthor, Batman, or anyone else thought of Superman as more than just a man.

So by dying, Snyder is having Superman show everyone that he is just a man.
>>
>>91844186
literally no one has said anything about any of that except you and people bitching about it.
>>
>>91843752
>that they created the whole story with Nolan and Snyder specifically put the death scene in there so that Superman could establish his no-kill rule.
I've read that interview and not only does that logic still make no sense, the parallel Snyder draws between Man of Steel and Star Trek showed a fundamental misunderstanding of the latter.
>>
>>91844178
>Clark watches almost a whole minute watching his dad die
>>
>>91844209
>But you never asked where it was established.
First off, I'm not the anon that asked.
Second, he clearly did.
>>91843421
>when the fuck was that established?

It's not a good look to criticize everyone else's perceptions and reading comprehension and then not be able to register a six word question.
>>
>>91844208
>Superman wasnt social

>tries numerous times, even as he is dying, to talk to murder hobo batman
>talks to Luthor right after he pushed Lois off a roof
>talks to the general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYkvRm_Zokk
>talks to the people on the oil rig he saves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciZHndMQ-6E
>talks to Perry
>talks to everyone in gotham: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCik5tlh3m8
>talks to Bruce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLTEIaOO8Yo&
>cracks jokes with WW and Batman a minute after meeting WW
>talks to lois the first time they meet and he has to save her
>talks to the priest
>first thing he does as Superman is talk to numerous military personel and give an interview
>catches a falling pilot and asks if he is okay: https://youtu.be/z8EydFeuPK8?t=265
>first chance he gets, he goes to a Senate hearing about him to talk to the world
>flirts with a waitress and tells a guy to chill at the roadhouse
>Pete Ross holds out a friendly hand to him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2F1Fllstno

Oh yeah, REALLY anti-social....
>>
>>91841429
Funny because the only way you people defend the movie is by pushing your headcanons and artistic interpretations as hard as possible to make up for the movie's blatant issues and insist that anyone who calls you out on bullshit is a dumb Marvelfag.
If anything you are the people who defend about a completely different movie than the one you actually saw.
>>
>>91844238
Nah, the logic makes sense, and it doesnt show any fundamental misunderstanding. I think you fundamentally misunderstand Superman though, even Jurgens, a comic writer, said the way MoS handled the death of Zod was superior.

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/06/superman-legend-dan-jurgens-man-of-steel-handled-zods-death-bett/

But I'm sure you understand Superman more than a comic writer does....
>>
>>91844363
>he should have just known he was going fly away, he should have been psychic

man you are dumb.
>>
>>91844482
No, you are the one pushing your headcanon. And no one in this thread has called anyone a Marvel fag. That is LITERALLY your headcanon, you sad, delusional fuck.
>>
>>91844445
If you have to bullet list it then yes, it wasn't enough to stick with people.
>>
>>91844564
thats retarded and doesnt make any sense, I can bullet list every time he does it in the comcis too and then by your logic it wasnt enough to stick with people. It stuck with me plenty, its YOU that is the problem. I had to bullet list it to show YOU, not everyone else who doesnt make these retarded threads.
>>
>>91844564
>If you had to show it to me then its the movie thats the problem, not me!!!

holy shit kill yourself.
>>
>>91844482
How? Pa Kent clearly wanted Clark to let him die in order to protect his secret, he didn't believe Clark was ready. And Clark let it happen because he felt guilty about "you're not my real dad" and wanted to honor Jon's last wishes.

"Why did you say that name" made sense because it not only made Batman top fighting and listen (something he established before the fight as something he wasn't interested in), it made him see that Superman genuinely cared for humanity, he cared more about one human being than his own life.

"Oh but they didn't show-"
Yes they did. These are things I understood instantly the first time I watched it, maybe you're just an idiot.

Was there anything else you disliked that I can easily rip to shreds?
>>
>>91842015
I... honestly this interpretation of Pa Kent reminded me of the parents in that one The Spirit Story about the guy who could fly. That his folks just beat him and bore it into his skull that he was to never use his gift.

However someone once pointed out to me that this version,*maybe* the intent was, however flawed that yes, Pa Kent felt that the worst of humanity would show itself in reaction to Superman being Superman, but not just that.

If you look at it from another point of view, Pa Kent loves his son and is scared that the law/government/the world itself will take his child away. He thought he was protecting his son, when really, it's the other way round: the world needs Superman to protect itself.

Now, I personally still feel that the movie *didn't* do this justice (haw) but I at least feel that was probably what they were going for, like how Man of Steel itself wants Superman to win but he's still trying to earn the trust of everybody else by the end. It's their idea of giving Superman a challenge to work through.
>>
>>91844536
Man, on the entire conversation you are acting like a mad angry autist.

And really, you keep saying how tornados are DANGEROUS and HARD TO PREDICT, and them goes and say "waaah, he had no reason to CARE, to look for people, and was taking by surprise when he saw that his dad was stuck on the tornado!"

Its not like he has super senses or anything, it was a SURPRISE!
>>
>>91844524
>Nah, the logic makes sense, and it doesn't show any fundamental misunderstanding.
That was a two part sentence you're responding to. The logic doesn't make sense because people naturally have a no kill code; you don't NEED to establish something that's already a given, and if you need to it's actually a warning flag for sociopathy rather than anything else.

The fundamental misunderstanding is with regards to Snyder comparing Clark having no choice in killing Zod to Star Trek's Kobayashi Maru, To quote:
>I felt like, if we can find a way of making it impossible for him – like Kobayashi Maru, totally no way out
Except that there's tons of ways out of the Kobayashi Maru. Literally the entire point to it is that your heroes either flat out beat it or win a moral victory over it and the only people that accept it as a no way out situation are scrubs, villains, and red shirts

Not to mention that in that samei interview that you had me look up, he notes that the no kill code is just a part that's unexplored and exists as part of his DNA like, to quote,
>just like him putting on the glasses or going to the Daily Planet or any of the other things that you’re sort of seeing for the first time that you realize will then become his thing

Which is odd because not only do we skip over those parts, and not only do we see those all the time so they're not unexplored like he claims, those parts were actually crucial missing pieces of the story's narrative that got skimmed over. If the main internal conflict Clark has is finding a way to join humanity in spite of his powers then why did they skip over the adoption of a secret identity in such a way?

As for "this writer says it's okay" appeal to authority fallacy you just tried, do I really need to pull out Waid and Morrison saying they'd do it differently?
>>
>>91842015

You do know that the movie showed that Pa Kent believed Superman would grow up to be a hero, right?

He only tried to make Superman hide his powers and not attract attention because Superman was still too young and immature for such enormous responsibility.

He didn't want Superman to expose himself as a kid or teen by trying to save someone in Smallville when that could jeopardy the possibility of him saving the entire world in the future.

Pa Kent thought about the bigger picture and that was his flaw, because while he thought about the far out future he couldn't see how his actions would harm Clark's development in the immediate future.
>>
>sacrifice yourself for a dog
>It probably dies year later
>Get a new one immediately
>>
>>91844555
>>91841887
Your next line is a No True Scotsman argument.
>>
>>91844667

That's not it at all.
>>
>>91840919
I love how this movie is seem and will forever be remembered as the modern Batman&Robin, but without all the fun.
>>
>>91844703
never did I say he had no reason to care, he had every reason to care which is why he protected that child and everyone in the overpass.

And if you remember the "World is too big" scene he gets overwhelmed using his super senses, and its not like that would in anyway help him predict that his father was going to die.... Like even if you can super sense the wind and all that shit its not gunna make it any more predictable that Pa Kent would have a hurt leg and suddenly get blown away.

You lack logic.
>>
>>91844753
>You do know that the movie showed that Pa Kent believed Superman would grow up to be a hero, right?
None of what you said actually conflicts or denies the idea that he has a low opinion of his fellow humans.
He can think humanity is shit AND that Clark will be a hero. You're allowed to defend the latter and I'm allowed to claim the former.
>>
>>91844808
>nigga can hear a hearth on another continent
>cant hear a person that he knows walking some feet away.
>>
>>91844738
> The logic doesn't make sense because people naturally have a no kill code

Well thats just not true, or else war and murder wouldnt happen. Do you never leave your house or something? In fact its the opposite of that, we have a whole set of laws that say when it is appropriate to kill someone. Either in self defense or by the state's decision should they break the law too hard.
>Except that there's tons of ways out of the Kobayashi Maru.

What?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobayashi_Maru

>The Kobayashi Maru[needs IPA] is a training exercise in the fictional Star Trek universe designed to test the character of Starfleet Academy cadets in a no-win scenario.

its literally a no-win situation, which is why Kirk has to cheat to win... I've never seen someone be so wrong in my life.

>If the main internal conflict Clark has is finding a way to join humanity in spite of his powers then why did they skip over the adoption of a secret identity in such a way?

But they didnt? Like every flashback was him in his secret identity. Did you miss all the parts of him not using his powers and hiding out as a human?

Also his no kill code IS part of his DNA but still needs to be established. Like its part of comics Superman but he still has killed people (like Zod) despite this desire NOT to being so innate.

Again you lack logic, I really fear for how your brain works.
>>
>>91844667
The thing is I like the idea and it's a good challenge. The execution just isn't great. Least of all because the solution to the internal conflict is such an afterthought.
I GET that from a certain point of view Jonathan goes "Son I love you but if you do this you'll never have a normal life" but what defenders seem to gloss over is the fact that the way for Clark to have a normal life is just time skipped. That's a vital part of the character arc and we don't get that.

Birthright did it so much better.
>>
>>91844846
how does hearing Pa Kent let him know he was going to get blown away?
>>
>>91844923
> Least of all because the solution to the internal conflict is such an afterthought.
Source? Because it wasnt an afterthought.

>The execution just isn't great.

Nah it is, I'm sorry you have bad taste.
> the fact that the way for Clark to have a normal life is just time skipped.

But it isnt? We get flashbacks to him as a child, we see him wandering as a young adult, we get way more of his time pre-Superman than the Reeves movies ever did.
>>
>>91844923
>Its that same fag who has only read Birthright and a few modern Superman comics
hahaha you stupid Casual. Come back when you've read Secret Identity, For All Seasons, and For The Man Who Has Everything.
>>
>>91844989
You are insane and paranoic.

Not even him.

This seems to be something common on snydercucks. It is also patethic seeing you mention casual tier comics to pretend to know something about anything, even more when these comics were well executed...unlike a certain bad movie...
>>
>>91844840

Jonathan Kent care for his fellow human beings. That's why he tried to instill in Clark the importance and weight his existence carried as something different, special and greater than us. He wanted Clark to understand just big his responsibility was. How big and important the whole thing was.

Jonathan Kent was just scared shitless of the whole thing being blown off before Clark was ready to weather the storm. Specially after Pete's mom came barging in their house saying Clark was a miracle child and that everybody should know about it.
>>
File: 1344442938_laugh-at-you.jpg (18KB, 250x172px) Image search: [Google]
1344442938_laugh-at-you.jpg
18KB, 250x172px
>>91845060
>you are insane and paranoid for telling someone to read better comics than Birthright

AHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh wait, you're serious?!

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH
>>
>>91845060
>paranoic

Learn to spell.
>>
File: birthright secret identity.jpg (216KB, 900x1421px) Image search: [Google]
birthright secret identity.jpg
216KB, 900x1421px
>>91844921
>Well thats just not true, or else war and murder wouldnt happen.
It actually is true. Normal people have an aversion to killing other people and that's why militaries have to put their recruits through dehumanization training. You have to be taught to regard your target as a target and not another person. Believe it or not (you won't) this practice and the examination thereof is literally called killology.

>its literally a no-win situation, which is why Kirk has to cheat to win... I've never seen someone be so wrong in my life.
Yes but it's a test of CHARACTER. The tests exists as a way to give the audience insight into the character and how they think.

Kirk cheats, because he don't believe in no win situations, Sulu is perceptive enough to detect the trap, and never gets into trouble in the first place, Chekov goes for the pyrric "taking you down with me" victory while also trying to save lives.

Under Snyder and your logic, what we learn from Clark taking the test is that when he's faced with a problem he folds.

>But they didnt? Like every flashback was him in his secret identity. Did you miss all the parts of him not using his powers and hiding out as a human?
That's not what i mean. I mean him literally doing pic related. He just has the glasses at the end of the movie. Why? Because he has them in the comics. Never, in the actual movie, do we examine why this would work as a disguise, or even why he decides he needs it as a disguise instead of just continuing to be a crime fighting drifter. Why does he want to work at the Daily Planet? Because Lois is there/ Because he went to school for journalism?

> Also his no kill code IS part of his DNA but still needs to be established. Like its part of comics Superman but he still has killed people (like Zod) despite this desire NOT to being so innate.

But it is innate in the comics. Especially in the Byrne run.
>>
>>91844989
>For The Man Who Has Everything.
How is this not casual tier?
And if yo want to compare nerd dicks then explain to me why it's a good idea that so much of BvS is lifted from JLA: The Nail
>>
File: IMG_8691.jpg (79KB, 415x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8691.jpg
79KB, 415x224px
"What was I supposed to do, just let them die?"

"For America! Any man would expect his only begotten son to kill."
>>
>>91844923

>but what defenders seem to gloss over is the fact that the way for Clark to have a normal life is just time skipped. That's a vital part of the character arc and we don't get that.

The thing is that after Jonathan's death the chance of Clark having a normal life is gone.

Jonathan's death, while it was done because Jonathan wanted to protect Clark until he was ready to shoulder the weight of the world as Superman, ended up fucking Clark's development as a healthy grown man.

Because of Jonathan's death Clark grew up believing that humanity would never accept him, because he blamed Jonathan's death on that, when in truth Jonathan only wanted to give him some extra years for him to mature before he could start Supermanning around. Jonathan always believed Superman would do great and help humanity and that humanity would have a glorious future with Superman as its guardian and all that. Buuut... shit fucking happened.
>>
>>91845143
>because people are inherently against killing means they will never kill ever and they never need to have those morals tested or proven

Are you an alien?

>Yes but it's a test of CHARACTER
Yes exactly! You are finally understanding! Clark was put in a no-win situation and we got a reveal of his character! He cares more about humanity than krypton and is completely devastated that Zod forces him to kill him. Congrats, you are finally understanding!

>I mean him literally doing pic related.
But no adaptation ever has had literally pic related in it, so by your logic, they are all bad too.

Why does he work at the Daily Planet in the Reeves movies? Oh because he is the fastest typer Perry has ever scene, okay....
>But it is innate in the comics. Especially in the Byrne run.
yes, correct, but despite that innateness he STILL kills Zod. Which is exactly what Snyder was doing.
>>
>>91842017
The difference between Superman and Luthor is literally what Jor-El tells him in this film. Superman believes he's leading them to a better future, and Luthor is holding man back. Luthor believes that by harnessing dark urges, greed and spite, man will rule the universe and that Superman coddles humans into the next Krypton.

MoS made human dad an objectively wrong moron and alien dad into god himself telling Clark his destiny.
>>
>>91845180
Its less casual then Birthright by a long shot.

most of BvS isn't lifted from The Nail at all you dummy. We dont see ANY other leaguers and its all focused on Superman, the opposite of The Nail. Also Superman isnt amish in it.

Do you even read comics?
>>
>>91845223
>Jonathan's death, while it was done because Jonathan wanted to protect Clark until he was ready to shoulder the weight of the world as Superman, ended up fucking Clark's development as a healthy grown man.
I agree with this but they don't so they need to fill in that hole.
Not to mention, Clark is NINETEEN when Jonathan dies. He's already a fucking adult. He already knows he's from space, even. Just not the finer details. "He's not mature enough" is a dodge at best and really the movie just comes off as though he needs the validation of Jor-El in order to break out of the unnecessary emotional baggage.

Clark's character development over 2 decades of his life is to return him to the guy he was when he a tween. It's silly.
>>
Jonathan died sacrificing himself to protect Superman's secret because the movie wanted Superman to grow up resenting humanity for his father's death all so that in the end Superman and the government could measure their dicks before finally accepting each other's help to stop the bad guys. And then the movie reveal that Jonathan always had a feeling that Superman would have a glorious future as humanity's guardian, he just never told Clark in a direct way because he was a crazy dick with terrible communicative skills.
>>
>>91845289
>because people are inherently against killing means they will never kill ever and they never need to have those morals tested or proven
Who did you have to kill in order to learn that it's wrong?
>He cares more about humanity than krypton and is completely devastated that Zod forces him to kill him. Congrats, you are finally understanding!
He's known about Krypton (as a concept, not personally) for, at best, three days. Compared to knowing and SUPPOSEDLY connecting with earth for 3 decades. The idea that it's a big internal conflict and we need to be shown that he cares more about earth makes me question what the fuck is wrong with him.

>But no adaptation ever has had literally pic related in it, so by your logic, they are all bad too.
Irrelevant and yes I *would* like an adaptation to cover it. Going "BUT THE OTHERS" doesn't work. Also I think DCAU actually did cover that?

>yes, correct, but despite that innateness he STILL kills Zod. Which is exactly what Snyder was doing.
You're confusing testing the no kill code with establishing the no kill code. Snyder specifically says "established" rather than ":test." Which means he didn't have it before then.
>>
>>91845392
>he just never told Clark in a direct way
Yes he did though. And Superman did not resent humanity at all.
>>
>>91845418

Superman clearly resented people's small mentality. Said mentality that he made up on his mind. He blame them for his father's death. The movie make it obvious, specially when he's confiding with Lois.
>>
>>91840919
What if Clark saved him anyways
>>
>>91845401
>Who did you have to kill in order to learn that it's wrong?
See, you always do this, you shift the argument to something extreme and retarded. No one is saying you have to learn killing is wrong you dumb ass, but your logic is that because everyone is inherently against killing there is no reason for Superman to kill at all. Which is dumb and doesnt make sense.

>The idea that it's a big internal conflict
Well it is a big conflict when Zod is the LAST of his species other than himself. He doesnt just kill Zod, he basically dooms any chance Krypton had. He chooses humanity, his adopted home. And its more about his regret in killing Zod than anything else. Zod basically forced him to make the decision, he didnt WANT to choose one over the other.

>Irrelevant and yes I *would* like an adaptation to cover it. Going "BUT THE OTHERS" doesn't work

Not irrelevant when you say "This is bad because it didnt do x" but then dont rag on any other adaptation for not also doing x.
>You're confusing testing the no kill code with establishing the no kill code.
You are being pedantic. Its the same thing. Tell me how him killing Zod in the comics is just a test of the no kill code, while him killing him in the movies is establishing in it when Snyder himself says its innate? You are just being pedantic over words for no reason other than to be right.
>>
>>91845314

>Not to mention, Clark is NINETEEN when Jonathan dies. He's already a fucking adult. He already knows he's from space, even. Just not the finer details. "He's not mature enough" is a dodge at best and really the movie just comes off as though he needs the validation of Jor-El in order to break out of the unnecessary emotional baggage.

Hey, man. Jonathan thought Clark was immature still. Of course, that as a father he'd always think his son wasn't ready even if he thought someday his son one day would.

I went to the same shit with my dad when i served in the military. He always dreamed up about me serving the country, but when the time came he still tried to stop me using all kinds of arguments that boiled down to the fact he thought i wasn't ready, when in truth it was just him being scared shitless of his son being away doing this noble but dangerous thing.
>>
>>91845449
>Superman clearly resented people's small mentality
Nope.

>He blame them for his father's death.
Prove it.

>The movie makes it obvious
No, your headcanon does.
>>
>>91845311
>We dont see ANY other leaguers and its all focused on Superman
BvS isn't focused on Superman. It's focused on humanity's reaction to Superman.
As for the "do you even read comics', answer these questions.

Which story has Batman being more violent and downright murderous after The Joker has killed Robin, BvS or the Nail?
Which story has a guy in a wheel chair speaking out against superhuman activity after he was injured in a fight between superpowers? BvS or the Nail?
Which story centers around an anti-superhuman media campaign? BvS or the Nail?
Which story has a bunch of goverment officials killed in order to frame a superhuman and cast them in a negative light, BvS or The Nail?
Which story has Lois Lane uncover a conspiracy to turn humanity against metahumans, as orchestrated by Lex Luthor? BvS or The Nail?
Which story ends with Lex Luthor creating a Kryptonian/Human hybrid that Superman has to defeat? BvS, or The Nail?
>>
>>91842882
>>91842894

Not allowing himself to be rescued BY HIS INVINCIBLE SON is committing suicide.
>>
File: ACTIVATED.jpg (80KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
ACTIVATED.jpg
80KB, 640x427px
>>91840919
Ayn Rand.
>>
>>91845522
>, but your logic is that because everyone is inherently against killing there is no reason for Superman to kill at all.
That's not my logic, that's what you think it is because you fail at reading. My logic is "Why do we need to establish something that's generally taken as a given for emotionally healthy non sociopaths?"

We don't NEED to establish the no-kill code, and agian, Snyder specifically says they need to set it up. They need to explore it as part of his origin. Why? Especially when the other examples he gave weren't actually explored.
>>
>>91841140
That makes a lot more sense than Raimi posting.
>>
>>91842942
You have to be 18 to post here son.
>>
>>91845537

The whole scene where he talks with Lois when she comes to visit him about whether she should publish the story or not.
>>
File: spin-city_400.jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
spin-city_400.jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>91841360
>good person = good character
>>
>>91845547
>Which story has Batman being more violent and downright murderous after The Joker has killed Robin?
But he wasnt murderous JUST because of that, he didnt start murdering till half way through the movie...

>Which story centers around an anti-superhuman media campaign?
What media campaign? There was luthor's plans but that wasnt an anti-metahuman campaign that was just him making people hate Superman. In fact he had a whole file of superhumans he didnt hate....

>Which story has Lois Lane uncover a conspiracy to turn humanity against metahumans, as orchestrated by Lex Luthor?
Again, Superman does not equal metahumans. He wasnt trying to get people to hate The Flash or WW, in fact he even made little logos for them so he could have his own JL.

>Which story ends with Lex Luthor creating a Kryptonian/Human hybrid that Superman has to defeat?
Uh the origin of Connor Kent, the origin of Bizarro?
Man you are just bad at understanding things....
>>
>>91845549
No it isnt. Thats like saying me not calling the cops as I bleed out is suicide. Clark didnt even have super speed then, by the time Pa put his hand up it was too late anyway.
>>
>>91841887
>the poor little art-film producers Warner Brothers
Who the fuck are you kidding
>>
>>91845628
>Doesn't answer questions
>Cherrypicks
>Doubles down on ad hominem.
Weak. Do better next thread.
>>
>>91845648
>Clark didnt even have super speed then

Who's to say he didn't?
>>
>>91845596
> "Why do we need to establish something that's generally taken as a given"

But that isnt what we are establishing here. We are establishing that Zod is forcing Clark to choose between Krypton and humanity and he chooses humanity. Superman is FORCED to kill Zod by Zod, basically in a death by cop situation. That situation established in Superman the need to never kill again, to the point where he sacrifices his own life in BvS to not kill. Its not just establishing the basic idea that he doesnt want to kill, like every other human, but now having experienced the grief that went with it, how far he is going to go to not do it again.

Why do you need this spelled out for you?
>>
>>91845607
Yeah, nope, that in no way shows him blaming humanity for his dad's death. Good job making stuff up.
>>
>>91844536
Pa Kent weighs more than that car that got tossed?
>>
>>91845648
>Clark didnt even have super speed then,
Why wouldn't he? Faora had it after barely a day.
>>
>>91845688
But I did answer, I answered that you got most of your parallels wrong or they were from other things too.

You are extrapolating to the vaguest degrees to make The Nail fit with BvS.
>>
>>91845720
>>91845752

because we never see him with it at that point, so there is no reason to assume he has it.

>Faora had it after barely a day.

Did baby clark have all his powers after a day? No he didnt, he slowly grew and developed them. He didnt even fly for the first time till he put the suit on. What a shitty argument.
>>
>>91845733
>But that isnt what we are establishing here.
That's not what Snyder says in his interview.
The interview YOU entered into evidence.
>>
>>91845750
>impyling the winds are equal in all parts of a tornado
>some cars gets tossed but not the others
>so one should assume that Pa Kent, who is next to a car not being tossed, is going to be tossed too

man you are a really smart guy!
>>
>>91845794
>because we never see him with it at that point, so there is no reason to assume he has it.
I assumed he had it but was scared to use it let he be discovered, just like most of his other powers. Which makes way more sense than him not having it.

Like why does changing clothes suddenly give him the ability to fly?
>>
>>91845801
So? He doesnt say thats NOT happening either.

Good job looking retarded.
>>
>>91845840
it doesnt suddenly give him the ability, he just didnt think he could until jor-el gave him the confidence to or that he knew he was an alien. Clark always develops his powers gradually as he gets older man, idk why you are arguing this so hard.
>>
>>91845885
>>91845840
rather, knew specifically what kind of alien he was
>>
>>91845733
>If I call them dumb enough I win!
I can't fault your dedication. Just the fact that you have so few legs to stand on you should be in a bombed wheelchair.
>>
In the inevitable soft reboot after JL I hope they get Costner back, alive with no explanation, just a wink

I was pinning my hopes and dreams on the all-American 90s man to be the perfect Pa Kent and he could do it with a non-fucked script
>>
>>91845885
>Clark always develops his powers gradually as he gets older man, idk why you are arguing this so hard.
So how come the other Kyrptonians have them instantly?

>>91845850
>Here's this interview that proves my headcanon is right because it doesn't disprove it! You're retarded!
I can just give you the (you), You don't need to fish so hard.
>>
>>91845914
>doesnt address the actual argument
>doesnt have an argument
>how dare you call me dumb on the internet!!

AHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAH
>>
>>91845976
>So how come the other Kyrptonians have them instantly?
Because they are full adults when they come to Earth, and instead of being raised in the yellow sun they are suddenly hit with it all at once.

You are the one somehow saying the interview invalidates my argument? How does it do that? Because Snyder said they are establishing the no kill code, that somehow limits what that could mean? They are establishing exactly what that code is in superman, its not as simple as "I wont kill ever nope nope," its also how far one is willing to go not to kill and what that means to him.

But I guess you just view everything as simple "Yes" or "no"
>>
>>91841895
>But HE FUCKING SHOULD DOUBT HUMANITY we are god awful murderous trash
Superman is about the best in people rising above the worst.

Hence the title.
>>
>>91840919
Damn OP, I'm reading through this thread and you got pretty thoroughly rekt. I don't even like MoS and BvS, but I think its hilarious how zealous and crazed you come off.
>>
>>91842015
>He comiits suicide because he's a pesismistic, fearful, and paranoid. He believes with every fiber of his being that mankind is going to give in to its worst impulses when it finds out they're not alone in the universe. Rarther than tell his son everything going to be okay, he instills in Clark a message of "we're on the brink of everything turning to shit all day every day"
Does this sound anything like Pa Kent?

Does this sound anything like the man who raised Superman?
>>
>>91846182
It's a more realistic one deal with it.
>>
>>91846087
>Because they are full adults when they come to Earth, and instead of being raised in the yellow sun they are suddenly hit with it all at once.
That's not how it works. Kryptonians are batteries. If anything the adults should have a lower charge and less powers.

And since you claim to know what this interview means how about you actually post the parts of it that defend your point. Oh wait you don't. You don't post ANYTHING. You just cite a greatest hits top 10 list you got off buzzfeed and wikipedia articles you skimmed because you don't actually need read comics to shitpost about them. And now that I've called you out on it you're going to go "NO U" and ahahahahaa again.
>>
>>91846247
>It's a more realistic one deal with it.
He said, watching a movie about a spaceman in blue pajamas flying through the sky and punching evil racist spacemen in DBZ fights.

I mean, you're wrong /anyway/, but "muh realism" isn't even a valid argument here.
>>
Why a fucking Tornado? Jonathon Kent's cause of death has almost always been some kind of natural cause. Except that one time Smallville Exploded or something.

Isn't an old man dying of Pancreatic Cancer or Complications from open heart surgery tragic enough?
>>
File: 12th level salute.png (139KB, 250x287px) Image search: [Google]
12th level salute.png
139KB, 250x287px
>>91846247
Yeah fuck you too, honey.
>>
>>91842165
Can't it just be an adventure story with no deeper meaning?
What's wrong with those?
>>
>>91846614
>tornados
>not natural
????
>>
File: man of steel.jpg (223KB, 1096x800px) Image search: [Google]
man of steel.jpg
223KB, 1096x800px
>>91842847
>>
>>91841895
>the omnipowerful alien who could literally kill everyone in the blink of an eye should be a cynical and unstable asshole
another homerun snyder!
>>
>>91840919
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xow-nivbR_s
>>
>>91845850
this is how low snyder bootlickers will go to.

absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>91846614
>Jonathon Kent's cause of death has almost always been some kind of natural cause.

Except Morrison's Action Comics (which most of /co/ loved) where the Kents were killed in a car accident caused by an angry 5th dimensional imp named something that sounds like Vindictive.
>>
>>91840919
on defense, lex luthor also so fucking weird

Why he hate batman for no reason?
>>
>>91846247
How is it more realistic? I see optimistic people all the damn time. Chipper ones, at that.
>>
>>91846578
>>91848261
Boy you guys are stupid.
Anyone with a brain can see that Snyder was rendering a more realistic world.
I can't believe you live in a baby fantasy realm where everyone is nice.
Truly sad. You need to get out more.
>>
>>91848353
How is it more realistic than the actual world I'm living in where I do see people that are optimistic about the place? That's all I was asking for clarification on.
>>
>>91848261
Do those optimistic people have a secret alien son and constantly worry about men in black coming to take said son away?
>>
>>91848577
If they cared so much how come Clark wasn't home schooled? He had at least two superpowers manifest in a school building. People have pulled their kids out of school for less.

Because if they did that it would be reasonable but then Snyder couldn't have the moments where child Clark gets bullied and Jesus needs to suffer for our sins.
>>
>>91845794
Fuck off with this autistc argument.
>>
>>91846129
I'm OP. This is the first time I'm posting ITT.
>>
File: Mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg (45KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mr-freeze-evil-plan.jpg
45KB, 431x300px
>>91844806
Hey speak for yourself, I found BvS to be a blast.
It was a complete ass catastrophe and a trainwreck but it was so incompetently put together that I actually found it really funny.
Like that stupid Granny's Peach Tea scene and that face Superman makes.
It's almost hard to believe people take this movie seriously enough to write essays about it and hail it as a masterpiece.

Although it still can't top WHUT KEELED DE DINOSAURS
>>
>>91840919
It's actually a super elaborate faking of his own death. Mr. Kent is actually in Florida, living in sin with a Philippino ladyboy and his savings.
>>
>>91841335
>I saved my entire family, and die to that horses died. They haunt my very dreams, even now as I burn for eternity in the pits of hell... I should have let my family drown Clark. We all should have drowned....

What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.