[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unjustifiably hated ships thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 381
Thread images: 59

Why does /co/ hate BBRae so much?
>>
>>91833638
Because Beast Boy himself is the worst charcter in the show.
>>
>>91833698
>character makes silly jokes
>otherwise a totally competent team member
>becomes the fucking leader in the finale and saves the world
>worst character
Never change, /co/, never change.
>>
Not exactly 4chan but a lot of places hate Stevidot.
>>
>>91833771
All SU ships deserve hate because of the show itself. If you're so invested in that shit that you actually ship someone from it you probably need help.
>>
File: 1445716556841.png (106KB, 540x392px) Image search: [Google]
1445716556841.png
106KB, 540x392px
>>91833638
>>
>>91833638
>Cynical and grouchy girl with goth-aesthetics
>OH I KNOW LET'S PAIR HER WITH THE FUNNY OUTGOING GUY
I'll take "Shit that would never happen" for $600.
>>
File: rdw.jpg (34KB, 957x539px) Image search: [Google]
rdw.jpg
34KB, 957x539px
>>91833638
>bbrae = old and busted
>ravian = new hotness
>>
>>91833783
I just like shota x loli
>>
>>91833801
That thing is supposed to be Raven?
And fuck the noob character, if he wasn't in the ORIGINAL show I don't give a flying fuck about him.
>>
>>91833801
Green and purple
>>
>>91833638
>obnoxious jokes: the character character
>mistaking a comedic foil for a romantic interest
>force this ship as hard as possible
You need to learn what "unjustifiable" means.
>>
Raven was made for Robin's penises. In the original comics she was all over Dick Grayson.
>>
>>91833638
It doesn't?
Tons of people on here like it.
Also tons of people don't.
It's called having an opinion.
>>
Raven and Jinx. Raven is a total lesbo.

Starfire and Robin seems like a no brainer.

Beastboy is shit and deserves no one.
>>
Beast Boy was fine in TT. You guys need to stop thinking about Teen Titans GoFuckYourself
>>
>>91833797
Look at this fucking autistic motherfucker , can't get a date so he thinks no one can.
>>
File: 1491432486641.jpg (178KB, 2048x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1491432486641.jpg
178KB, 2048x1130px
Beastboy's now gay for Kevin Smith.
>>
>>91833845
This is false, Raven only has platonic feelings for Dick.
>>
>>91833850
I can respect that, what I can't respect is this shit >>91833839
It's not beast boy's fault the writers couldn't write a joke to save their lives.
>>
>>91833937

People who have platonic feelings for others don't have forced dream sex with them.
>>
File: Like a child.jpg (343KB, 1020x1573px) Image search: [Google]
Like a child.jpg
343KB, 1020x1573px
>>91833990
Raven is an emotional retard.
>>
File: Toxic.jpg (309KB, 1020x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic.jpg
309KB, 1020x1607px
>>91834012
>>
File: C2knil9WIAIrXKc.jpg orig.jpg (222KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
C2knil9WIAIrXKc.jpg orig.jpg
222KB, 750x1125px
I will never understand the hate this pairing gets
>>
>>91833927
>Pot calling the kettle a nigger
>>
>>91833877
>Raven is a total lesbo.
>who are Aqualad, Malchior, Goth Guy
>>
>>91834117
If anything Raven has major daddy issues.

Try to sum up everything wrong in Raven's head, fun challenge.
>>
File: Tb.jpg (4KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
Tb.jpg
4KB, 213x236px
>>91833877
Ironically, BB got the most play in the show of anyone, since he actually got a fucking date. All we saw of RobStar was a kiss, after all, and we didn't get to actually see the Flinx relationship.
>>
>>91834012
>>91834037
I wonder how you're supposed to read Raven's dialogue bubbles.
>>
>>91833720
>unfunny jokes
>grating dialogue
>no chemistry with brooding introvert but they're forced together anyway
But you're right at least Beast Boy isn't as bad as Ron Stoppable

>>91833971
>It's not beast boy's fault the writers couldn't write a joke to save their lives.
Doesn't matter. The end result is whatever the writers wrote.
>>
>>91834221
>unfunny jokes
That's just like, your opinion, man.
>grating dialogue
What?
>no chemistry with brooding introvert but they're forced together anyway
Dude, rewatch the scene in the movie, when she literally calls BB out on why girls "wouldn't like him". Newsflash: no girl would do that unless she's attracted to the guy.
>But you're right at least Beast Boy isn't as bad as Ron Stoppable
Now here's something we can agree on, even though I still think KP is one of the best cartoons of all time.
>>
>>91834221
>unfunny jokes
Humor is subjective.
>>
>>91834221
If you hate the writing so much anon then why are you even a fan? Cause you cannot have this much a problem with beast boy and still enjoy the show.
>>
File: 1424635630765.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1424635630765.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>91833804
>loli
Which Peridot fucking isn't.
>>
>>91834275
>What?
"Yo" and "Mama" sprinkling every sentence was cringe-worthy.
>Newsflash: no girl would do that unless she's attracted to the guy.
Which is exactly why I said they're forced together.
They're two characters without any shared interests, and completely dissimilar personality types but the writers said "Well, opposites attract." despite this being plainly untrue.

>>91834344
I'm not a fan. But for whatever reason I watched the show anyway so my view is as valid as any.
>>
>>91834306
Yes I'm aware that there are people that watch Dane Cook Pewdiepie and Daddyofive and think it's hilarious.
>>
>>91834373
>"Yo" and "Mama" sprinkling every sentence was cringe-worthy.
Good thing that wasn't remotely the case, then.
>Which is exactly why I said they're forced together.
But it wasn't remotely OOC. If it were written OOC you'd have a point.
>>
>>91834399
I don't even think beast boy was supposed to make you laugh, him telling jokes was just part of his character.
>>
>>91834373
>my view is valid as any
Who the fuck told you that?
>>
>>91834373

You're like a superneckbeard. Where do you hail from
>>
>>91834441
Says the tripfag.
>>
>>91834404
Its not a matter of being in character or not its a matter of establishing a half decent foundation for a good relationship. A bookish nerd girl might want to go out with an obnoxious chad but that doesn't mean the relationship is set to last in the long run or even be a good one while it does.
>>
>>91834440
>you're only allowed to speak if you agree with me
Fuck off
>>
>>91833638
Beastboy is fucking garbage
>>
>>91834489
You're assuming they don't both change as they mature though. Remember, they're TEEN titans. And even season 5 already showed them growing up quite a bit, especially in Beast Boy's case.
>>
>>91834489
What is Starfire and Robin's shared interest?
>>
>>91834529
That's cause I'm not a headcanon having faggot. And even if I were if I didn't like them together in the show then they obviously they wouldn't be together in my imagination.
>>
>>91834556

Sex.
>>
>>91834356
She fits the bill. Shortstack, whatever.
>>
>>91834565
But you're ignoring the on-screen character development...
>>
>>91834556
Starfire was very empathetic and was the particularly emotionally supportive of Robin whenever he needed it.
Also they're both horndogs they.
>>
>>91834587
Because the basic nature of their relationship never developed once. That being 'friends who barely tolerated eachother'.
>>
File: Starfire_prom.jpg (19KB, 295x639px) Image search: [Google]
Starfire_prom.jpg
19KB, 295x639px
>>91834578
L-lewd!

But Starfire approves.
>>
>>91834666
And that brings us back to >>91834489
Their feelings are beside the point. I don't care what feelings they had because the writers didn't convince me it was a viable relationship.
>>
>>91834649
Again, the scene I mentioned alone doesn't support your theory, and there are plenty more like that. They pretended not to tolerate each other to hide their feelings, especially on Raven's side.
>>
>>91834699
You're using circular logic now.
>>
>>91834699
>the writers didn't convince me it was a viable relationship.
They weren't trying to.
>>
>>91834739
That's completely besides the point. We're talking about what was actually shown, not what COULD have been there.
>>
>>91834649
>Barely tolerated each other.
Why are you getting this from? Cause I see them as friends who snark at each other but are still clearly friends.
>>
>>91833789
Lesbians are trash
>>
>>91834719
No I'm not.

>>91834739
which is why this ship is shit.
>>
>>91834373
Yo mama could if it came from a stranger that was was being predatory, but in BB's case he uses slang like that for everyone. That level of casual familiarity would go a long way in helping Raven let her guard down.
>>
>>91833638
Because RobRae is so much cuter
>>
>>91835065
Oh shit, now you've gone and done it.
>>
>>91834066
I've literally never seen anyone outside of /co/ hate this pairing so I am also curious to know why it has so much hatred of this website
>>
>>91835173
/co/ is tired of lesbians.
>>
>>91833638
It's an opposites attract ship which is already somewhat shit by default but forced as fuck and Beast Boy is generally awful as a character and shitty towards Raven. It's viable since Beast Boy evidently matures over time but it wouldn't last and Raven deserves someone less obnoxious and someone who shares more mutual interests with her, and their friendship is more of a 'brothers/sisters in arms' thing than genuinely enjoying each others' company in my opinion, thus why I feel realistically they'd just get fed up with each other after a couple weeks/months.

I feel the same applies, to an extent, to Harlivy, but I don't think it applies to, say, Superbat or even Halnestro if you could count that. If BBRae weren't so forced in both the comics and TTG and given much more time to develop I'd probably change my mind.

>>91833801
This is also awful. Damian would be way too enraging to be around for Raven. The only Robin she works well with is the one in the cartoon and maybe Tim, even if it's vanilla as shit.
>>
>>91833638
>pair one of /co/'s biggest waifus with Shit McRetard literally lamest and most annoying character

Yeeaaah I'm going to say it was inevitable.
>>
>>91833638
Sowe can all agree that even if Teen Titans was good, they ruined Beast Boy forever, he's always being the funny guy, but at least he has a lot of moments in the comics, sometimes they give him characters devolpment, but constant reboots combine with DC don't allow him to grow put him into the shitter, i mean he's like the third most powerful Titan, but he constantly jobs and dosen't use his full mpower because he's a moralfag, he's like a combination of Peter and Matian manhunter
>>
>>91835469
Again, I thought Beast Boy was awesome in season 5 in particular. It really shows when the jokester character becomes the one who takes charge when the chips are down.
>>
>>91834066
I hate it.
Not so much because of the pairing but they took two good villains and made them "oh perfect lesbian love squeeeee!"
>>
>>91835506
Well that how Beast boy behaves in his best comics, but DC always making job or not finish the job, because "i can't kill thats not want heroes stand for" he almost killed Deathstroke by himself and they stop him
>>
>>91834373
>and "Mama" sprinkling every sentence was cringe-worthy.
That didn't start being a thing until TTGo you massive faggot
>>
>>91833638
Because he's /co/, but competent.

Beast Boy is a nerd. He's small, and sort of immature, and awkward, even if he does manage to be funny. He likes comics and cartoons and movies. He messes up and gets things wrong, but he learns and grows, and by the end of the series he shows that he's actually pretty fucking legit and could lead the team.

He also has a pretty unique relationship with Raven. No, it's not romantic in the series, take them goggles off, but it's very easy to see how it could be. Beast Boy is generally the one who reminds Raven of her humanity, who offers to include her in whatever the Titans are doing, who at least attempts to comfort her when shit has gone really wrong. He's the most human Titan, which contrasts with her emotionally distant facade, but also makes her interactions with him pretty important. BB is the one who reminds everyone to have fun, and Raven is the character for from that's most necessary.

/co/ can't stand this ship, and Beast Boy generally, because he's a better version of them that gets to hang out with and have this unique relationship with their waifu. And also it's popular, so there's some basic /co/ntrarianism in there too.
>>
>>91834489
>A bookish nerd girl might want to go out with an obnoxious chad but that doesn't mean the relationship is set to last in the long run or even be a good one while it does.
Kek this projection. There are plenty of couples who are different personality-wise and still click. A bookish girl isn't necessarily suited for a bookish guy. Stop dwelling in stereotypes my dude.
>>
>>91835469
I remember him being portrayed as some sort of creepy sexual deviant in the comics from the few Teen Titans comics I've read. And they had that lame shit where he was famous/an actor. Poor dude.
>>
>>91835633
Remember when Beast Boy lost his V-card and unlock more of his powers by realising that he's been holding back all this time and he's a lot of stronger that he tought, but dosen't want to hurt anyone
>>
>>91835614
Why is there always some fag who assumes that people hate things he likes because of some deep seated insecurities or subconscious projecting?

I don't like BBRae because; a.) she's better with Robin, who also humanises her and reminds her to have fun and be loving without being completely annoying, he does that kind of thing in moderation whereas Beast Boy straight up rips her out of her comfort zone often to the point of enraging her, and b.) fuck Robstar too. It's way better in the comics because at least if they're still somewhat incompatible, they're both hot adults.
>>
>>91835727
>Why is there always some fag who assumes that people hate things he likes because of some deep seated insecurities or subconscious projecting?

Because he's right.

Nah, not necessarily, but that is often why people hate things.
>>
>>91833638
Beastboy was my least favorite Titan in the show except for the final season with Doom Patrol and Brain shenanigans. And even then I still didn't want him with Raven.
>>
>>91835614
>No, it's not romantic in the series, take them goggles off
NEVAH
But in all seriousness, amazing post my friend.
>>
>>91835297
>It's an opposites attract ship which is already somewhat shit by default
4u fagtron

>Beast Boy is generally awful as a character
Actually he's a great character. If niot he wouldn't have so many fans.

>and shitty towards Raven
Go back and rewatch the show. Raven is massive cunt to BB the majority of time.

>but it wouldn't last
Are you Nostradamus? Will I win the lottery?

>and Raven deserves someone less obnoxious and someone who shares more mutual interests with her
Because saving/helping others isn't a mutual interest. Couples can have different interests.

>and their friendship is more of a 'brothers/sisters in arms' thing than genuinely enjoying each others' company in my opinion
BB never really has a problem with Raven and Raven as tsundure as she gets obviously enjoys her dynamic with BB

>thus why I feel realistically they'd just get fed up with each other after a couple weeks/months

Literally leave your basement, anon. There are people who are very similar to one another that click and people who are very different on superficial levels that click on deeper enotional levels. Going past the superficial "he's goofy and she's serious" aspects you have two people who have dealt with loss and persecution who find meaning in life through helping others. They're compassionate people who want to belong. He would click romantically with Raven for similar reasons that he clicked with Terra. They'd also share with one another things they lack. Raven would provide BB with spiritual peace and meditation while BB would allow her to relax,let her hair down and find joy in life. A reprieve from all the somber seriousness.
>>
>>91835727
I don't know how you can read >>91834489 and not see the projection going on when that anon is clearly trying to rationalize why bookish girls should want to be with bookish in the long-run guys over chads.
>>
>BB's jokes aren't funny.
He's a teenage boy, often seeing the approval of his peers. Some of his jokes are going to fall flat. His unfunny jokes are often noted by the team as such.

It's either the writers suck ass and they are just excusing themselves, or they were trying to write what an actual teen might try to say. I hope the latter
>>
>>91835931
So you literally proved the other anon's point that they need more development and need to be explored more as a couple.

Epic job, bro.
>>
File: 1485876566692.gif (125KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485876566692.gif
125KB, 640x480px
>>91833638
It's not that I hate Beast Boy but because Raven is my waifu I like to fantasize myself being with her. I get kinda jealous when I see her with another character because I so badly want it to be me.
>>
>>91835727
>Robin
>reminds her to have fun
Really? Cause Robin wasn't a "fun" character from I remember. From what I remember Robin was like a mini-Batman in the cartoon.
>gruff
>disciplined
>real no-nonsense kind of leader.
>>
>>91834404
>Doesn't think "yo" and "mama" was cringeworthy.
I'd like to see how far you get when you unironically use those words when you hit on girls anon.
>>
What the fuck was her problem?
>>
>>91836087
That wasn't his point. He was giving a laundry list of why they're a fundamental bad ship and wouldn't last.
>>
>>91833638
Why do so many people like it for the 'he helps her have fun' and 'he forces her to show happiness and excitement' aspect of the relationship? I thought Raven couldn't express too much emotion because they're so tied with her powers and major shit goes down if she gets too emotional, I don't know if that was canon in the cartoon but it was in the comics. It's not like she's Bruce Wayne and she's being tsundere or whatever because she's damaged (it's part of it, I recognise that, but not the main reason she's distant). I doubt a guy as loving and enthusiastic as Beast Boy would want to be in such an emotionally unrewarding relationship.
>>
>>91836163
But...this is completely wrong.
>>
>>91833801
They share so much in common. In my head, I think since she peek on him and got to know who truly he is she is trying to bring support.
>>
>>91834582
That's midget, anon. Like Ruby & Sapphire.
Loli would be Aquamarine who's actually child-like.
>>
File: 77e.png (154KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
77e.png
154KB, 500x333px
>>91836258
I agree. I also think Raven just sees Beast Boy as the annoying little brother that she puts up with and tolerates his antics from time to time.
>>
>>91836258
She's overcompensating so that she doesn't have "too much emotion" to the point that in the beginning of the series she was super withdraw and antisocial. You see her come out of her shell more and allow herself to exhibit more emotion as things go on. There's not some rule that says the world is going to end and Trigon is going to rape everyone if she starts laughing more and having a good time. Also as someone who is similar to BB the idea of getting a serious girl like Raven to open up and have more fun is a turn on and would be emotionally rewarding.
>>
File: 1490831924043.jpg (7KB, 228x218px) Image search: [Google]
1490831924043.jpg
7KB, 228x218px
>>91836278
>Disagrees with anons judgment of a character.
>Doesn't explain why they disagree.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>91836365
I bet you like TTGO Raven too faggot.
>>
>>91833801
Raven saw Damian coud literally become a new demon by god know what means. Sided with him is her way to provent such outcome.
>>
>>91836278
Are you telling me that Robin wasn't a stoic badass leader in the cartoons?
>>
>>91833801
Perfect
>>
>>91836360
I don't deny that might be how she sees him in the beginning but I think as time goes on she sees he's more than that. Realistically if the showrunners wanted to go for it in terms of their relationship they'd just need to do an episode where Raven goes inside BB's mind and sees the loss and persecution he experienced as a kid to realize his humor and goofiness is just covering up pain and insecurity which is in line be with what she does. I think that'd let them reach a level of understanding that would be reasonable to kick things off from romantically.
>>
>>91836441
I bet you're a bitter neckbeard who gets assblasted over TTGo because you take yourself and the cartoons you watch too seriously
>>
>>91836365
Is Elsa-shut tier raven?
>magic power that she has to control
>isolated social recluse
>emotion and stress can cause her to lose control
>turns out that shutting everyone and her powers out is not good
>friends and loved ones there to help her out of her shell and deal with her powers
>>
>>91836497
That's actually pretty accurate
>>
>>91836497
>shit tier
Stupid phone companies removing curse words from the dictionary
>>
>>91836522
>type fuck thousands of times
>phone still changes it to duck every time

The humor of that wore off quickly
>>
File: 0c8.gif (372KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
0c8.gif
372KB, 400x300px
>>91836468
You see this here everyone. This is the level of delusion you're dealing with when it comes to shipfags. I'm going to bed now and this thread better be dead by the time I wake up.
>>
>>91836496
You're mad that I'm capable of being empathetic with fictional characters? Who's the real one that's bitter here?
>>
>>91836453
He was 'gruff' and serious but he was hardly like fucking Bruce. He spent most episodes talking about the importance of friendship and all that happy crap. All the time. He was only stoic when the situation called for it, like in battle, whenever he was with his friends he was the polar opposite.

>>91836425
Because if you'd actually watched the fucking show and employed some basic comprehension while doing so you'd realise that it's straight up incorrect. He's far from a 'mini-Batman' because he's serious in fights and serious when around villains
>>
>>91836623
What's delusional about what anon is saying?
>>
>>91836497
Uh...new crossover ship?
>>
>>91836649
He was more like Bruce than any other incarnation of Robin.
>>
>>91836649
>when he was woth his friends he was the polar opposite.
No he wasn't.
>>
>>91836649
>it's straight up incorrect
Robin didn't remind Raven how to have fun because he wasn't a "fun" character like Beast boy or Starfire.
>>
File: tumblr_o80lfflZXs1t4osjeo7_400.png (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o80lfflZXs1t4osjeo7_400.png
75KB, 300x300px
>>91833638
A reminder to all you BBRae shippers that your "opinion" of them being together is only as relevant or meaningful as any other opinion because it affects literally nothing that matters when it comes to how characters will be portrayed in any media. You're just a meaningless fan voice in a sea of meaningless fan voices.

The fact that they were never together in the show means you can do nothing about it and it will continue to remain unchanged, at least for the time being and foreseeable future.

The fact that you are discussing and arguing about it here in 4chan is tactit acknowledgement that you can do nothing about it and nothing you say actually matters because instead of doing something about it you are here in 4chan.
If you reach gainful employment and ability to make editorial decisions at DC your opinion will matter more.

Until then, enjoy being equally irrelevant and meaningless as the rest of us here and feel free to continue acknowledging how totally helpless you are to affect anything on this subject that matters to you.
You could also just go away I suppose, but I think we both know you won't ever be leaving 4chan.
>>
>>91836834
Nigga, you are one of those people who take shipping too seriously.
>>
>>91836834
You're right. Words have no affect. Even your post isn't going to stop people from taking about their interests.

Maybe you should follow your own advice and stop posting? Or perhaps just try not to be a retard?
>>
>>91836781
>Robin didn't remind Raven how to have fun because he wasn't a "fun" character like Beast boy or Starfire.

He did. He just wasn't annoying and obnoxious about it. Like when they threw her a party and everyone else was trying to force her to eat cake, wear meat crowns and party, he actually wanted to ask her first if it was okay because he gave a shit about her feelings. Moderation is a thing, you know. Beast Boy is just too forceful on her for my liking.
>>
>>91833638
Your ship is shit and deserves shit
>>
>>91833638
Because they don't like the idea of their pure waifu Raven taking Beast Boy's horse cock.
>>
>>91835727
>who also humanises her and reminds her to have fun

Robin never reminded anyone to have fun.

If anything, his relationship with Starfire is basically the opposite of the one people see between Raven and Beast Boy. In their case she is the one helping him feel relaxed and have fun, because he sure as hell isn't very good at doing either on his own. TT Robin NEEDS a less uptight and closed person to help him unwind, much like Raven needs a less pessimistic and brooding person to keep her from feeling like shit all the time.
>>
>>91835614
>If you disagree you're just projecting
Yeah no. I put up a bunch of reasons in this thread that have nothing to do with projecting. kys
>>
>>91837123
/thread
>>
>>91836834
I'm pretty sure DC didn't make the cartoon, WB Animation did. Shows how much YOU know.
And BBRae's popularity is overwhelming in fanfiction, to the point that TTG had taken notice. It's not just one small, ignored fandom like for many other ships.
>>
>>91836468
Oh fuck, this would be so perfect. Why did we get an episode with her going inside Robin's mind, but not this!?
>>
>>91836104
solution: self-insert as Beast Boy like 99% of the fandom already does
>>
>>91836623
I want to know >>91836675 too. Respond, anon!
>>
>>91836335
Whomst?
>>
File: 2tjFm2n.jpg (111KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
2tjFm2n.jpg
111KB, 500x750px
>>91833638
This post just serves as an excuse for people to list their grievances on the ship. And the art that you chose was pretty cringy. Do you really like the ship?

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the ship, it really isn't an opposite attract sort of deal since they're both outcasts and both naturally help one another. Raven is the first one to actually compliment Beastboy's jokes and encourages him to get out of his shell, while Beastboy's rampant optimism gives Raven an escape from monotony and a chance for her to actually express her opinions.

They aren't opposites, they just took their childhood sufferings and channeled it in two completely different ways. Raven is not emo as people think she is, just extremely introverted (Car Trouble, Nevermore etc). Beastboy isn't as fucking idiotic as people like to believe, just happy to finally be able to express himself (Doom Patrol, Titans Together, Season 5).
>>
>>91837440
This is significantly more difficult for those of us that aren't autistic.
>>
>>91838595
>This post just serves as an excuse for people to list their grievances on the ship.
That was the point.
>And the art that you chose was pretty cringy.
Other than the shitty watermarks? Not at all.
>Do you really like the ship?
Do you really have to ask?
>>
>>91838691
Yeah because when you goad people into badmouthing a ship you're pretty much giving the haters the initiative, not a smart move desu.

Secondly there is a lot better art out there than just them locking lips, it kinda narrows focus on them having romantic attraction than just the natural chemistry between the two characters. Also the title is cliche.

So yeah I'm not really sure you truly like the ship or trying to torpedo it further LOL.

Pic related would have been a better attachment desu. Under-rated moment of the show and completely goes over people's heads when they talk of shipping.
>>
>>91838837
>goad
Re-read the OP:
>Why does /co/ hate BBRae so much?
I'm literally ASKING THAT FUCKING QUESTION. No "goading" here, I want to know why people hate it!
>>
File: Beast Girl in Heat img.png (4MB, 1424x3476px) Image search: [Google]
Beast Girl in Heat img.png
4MB, 1424x3476px
>>91833638
You know...I don't like this ship very much when both of them are normal.

But them you gender swap Beast Boy and Raven and BOOM it just works.
>>
File: na0L17s.jpg (108KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
na0L17s.jpg
108KB, 500x750px
>>91839139
Alright alright alright.
>>
>>91839295
>gender swap
Get your filthy degeneracy OFF MY BOARD.
>>
>>91837231
They're all weak reasons that come down to opinions.

And probably just mask all that projecting you're doing.
>>
>>91839329
Degeneracy is here to stay, no need to fight against it.
>>
>>91833638
I never had a Teen Titans ship but I don't get it either. I easily see the appeal of BBRae. They both have the potential to balance each other in a way both characters need.

Of course their relationship is imperfect and often rough in the show because they're teenagers. They have growing up to do before they can provide something worthwhile for each other. But the potential for something good is definitely there, and it's not as if they hate each other. They don't at all.
>>
>>91839139
Why is OP so retarded and lacking the sexual features necessary for reproduction? Just asking a question, I seriously want to know.
>>
>>91833638
After that episode with Cyborg and his car, I thought he and Raven were going to be a thing. Beast Boy had Terra and the mental illnesses gave them great chemistry.
>>
>>91835173
/co/ hates popular shit even 30 year old popular shit
>>
>>91833801

Why are the creators of his New52 movie verse so fixated on Damian?
>>
>>91836167

BeastBoy didn't say those phrases in the original you massive cunt.
>>
File: No love for Gar.png (71KB, 329x359px) Image search: [Google]
No love for Gar.png
71KB, 329x359px
Anyone have the Raven edit?
>>
>>91833638
It's because he's fucking green. Fuck green people.
>>
>>91840966
alright alright
simmer down son
>>
File: 0789787096969.png (167KB, 492x416px) Image search: [Google]
0789787096969.png
167KB, 492x416px
Pinecest :^)
>>
I prefer Raven and Cyborg.

I'm a white dude who hates cuck shit and hates the constant complaining about cuck shit AND I hate shipping in general, but I like these two together. BB and Raven always felt too much like the whole opposites attract thing and I found BB himself pretty annoying. With Cyborg they're different but have enough common ground to have more interesting interactions. I really enjoyed the episode where Cy builds the car and Raven helps him get in back for that reason.
>>
>>91841387
I can live with Cyborg x Raven. I need art of this.
>>
>>91840457
My question was factually correct, though - there's a lot of BBRae hate on /co/, as evidence in this very thread.
>>
>>91840641
>>91841387
So... you wanted them together because of one (rather forced) bonding moment, rather than 5+ seasons' worth of one?
>>
>>91841387
I loved that episode. Earlier in the series I thought that the writers were going for Cyborg x Raven.
>>
>>91841543
I think there were other moments, but I'd take one good example of character chemistry rather than five seasons with of nails-on-chalkboard crappy """bonding."""
>>
>>91841543
>rather forced
Honestly disagree. Thought it was fairly tender and felt more organic than anything with Beast Boy and Raven.
>>
>>91841657
I'm not saying it was terrible or anything, but Raven just felt OOC in that episode. Something about her talks with Cyborg made me feel like I was watching robot!Raven, who was programmed to make Cyborg feel better, instead.
>>
>>91841607
>he didn't find the constant bickering SO CUTE
>>
File: 1483299825157.png (203KB, 720x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1483299825157.png
203KB, 720x1256px
>>91833638
>Unjustifiably hated ships thread
Don't get me started.
>>
>>91842445
What?
>>
>>91842445
>>91842800
I have a strong feeling this is a Zutara reference.
>>
File: 346366.jpg (8KB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
346366.jpg
8KB, 200x267px
>>91833638
I'm just glad it never happened and never will. Literally Zutarra of ships.
>>
>>91844721
This ship is so much better than Zutara it's not even funny, though I do see some similarities.
>>
>>91844721
It's happening in TTG, which is the TT season 6 replacement. Too bad for you, anon.
>>
>>91833638
Bb is an okay guy on his own. Reasonably funny. But he is immature and sometimes thoughtless when it comes to other people's feelings. It's not even that he can't relate to other people's problems, he's had his own personal tragedies. He simply isn't at a point he can make those connections. But he's young and he could absolutely mature and end up a cool, chill, funny guy with empathy and awareness. And that could be a person who would pair well with Raven. But he's not there now, and what he is now is not what Raven, who has her own immediate problems, needs as a person.
>>
>>91844811
Again though, I feel they're pretty much compatible by season 5.
>>
>>91841543
I only rememebr this episode as their only interaction and still it was better than any interaction of Raven and very infantile annoying Beast Boy. Cyborg and Raven had more grown maturity than BB or Starfire.
>>
File: similarities_by_chloedarko.jpg (305KB, 2127x938px) Image search: [Google]
similarities_by_chloedarko.jpg
305KB, 2127x938px
>>91844721
>>
>>91844849
>Cyborg
>more maturity than Starfire
>>
File: 1492903163387.jpg (32KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1492903163387.jpg
32KB, 400x386px
>>91844782
>TTG being anything than huge parody for slapstick
>even then it was just made as a joke to fuck with their autistis shippers

I feel bad obout you and Zutarra shippers and Ichigo/Rukia shippers. You all lost some part of you sanity when your OTPs were comepletely BTFO by official sources or dropped by everyone holding the license.
>>
>>91844934
The TT crew certainly isn't *against* BBRae happening, though. It's not a Zutara situation at all.
Not to mention that unlike Zutara, it doesn't interfere with any other (official) relationships.
>>
>>91844905
You confuse him with Cyborg from TTG. The other Cyborg had an existencial crisis when a crazy robot wanted to turn him into 100% machine. He questioned the idea about humanity and what makes you human.
>>
>>91844972
There is NO CANON or STORY or SHIPPING in TTG. Literally all of them are OOC and exist to tell fart jokes. It like looking for shipping and subtle story arcs in Uncle Grandpa.
>>
>>91845010
Yeah, but that was almost literally his whole character in TT, which was kind of annoying. Starfire, on the other hand, had: the Robin relationship (which was quite complex actually), the Blackfire issue (and doing what is best for her homeworld), dealing with fantastic racism, nearly being made a slave on another planet, and so forth. She showed a much greater range of emotional complexity in the series, period.
>>
>>91845098
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot the whole adjusting to life on Earth thing, which was done VERY well in the show, and presented its own set of challenges for her.
>>
read silver age teen titans

too many of you only watch teent titans
>>
>>91845098
All characters in original TT beside Beast Boy were likable and compellingn. I could see Raven bond with everyone, even Deathstroke or that evil dragon wizard sooner than with fucking meme boy.
>>
>>91845234
Some of us don't like reading books, let alone comic books.
>>
Would Beastboy be down with sex in his animal forms, or would he be against that?
>>
>>91845317
That's part of the beauty of this ship, though. You want to see BB mature enough to get with Raven and sweep her off her feet.
>>
>>91845317
>Deathstroke
Who?
>>
>>91845423
Not really. You don't really watch 13 Ghost of Scooby Doo and wait for Flim-Flam to become more mature and bond with Daphne. You just fucking want him go away. BB from original series is barely different from TTG self.
>>
>>91845447
Slade Wilson.
>>
>>91845567
BB wasn't a joke character like Flim-Flam. He was a deeply established character with development throughout the series like the other main Titans.
>BB from original series is barely different from TTG self.
Now you're just trolling, man.
>>
>>91845601
Again, who? Do you mean Slade? He didn't give us a last name, after all.
>>
>>91845679
They censored his name because Death was part of it.
Still this villain had a cool design, voice and threateaning presence. He was like a more serious version of Shredder. Of course. they nerfed him from original Deathstroke by making him lose fights to Robin.
>>
>>91845804
He didn't lose any fights to Robin. He only lost to the Titans as a team, and even then only once.
>>
>>91845919

Eh, it was clear by the time of The End that the Titans were even as individuals, able to beat Slade in a straight fight (except Robin).

Slade kept getting away due to running away/escaping and because the Titans were much more interested in capturing Slade and revealing his identity than just KO'ing him.
>>
>>91844845
I dunno, I rewatched TT a few months ago, and the structure of season 5 took a lot of focus off of the team interacting with each other and put it on the arms race between the Brotherhood of Evil and the Teen Titans.

While BB absolutely got character development, the character interactions were heavily slanted to the Titans interacting with new recruits, rather than how the original team's relationships may be shifting and changing. Likewise, look at Raven. Fresh off Season 4 she's free of Trigon, but we don't really see her grappling with what that means for her and the way she lives her life.

Its a fun season, don't get me wrong, its just a consequence of the way its structured.

Anyway, while your statements have merit, BB's growth simply wasn't use in a way to support bbxrae, and would only have been a stepping stone toward it at best. Enough fodder for fanfic to build on, but you'd have to do the work.

The obstacles aren't insurmountable, but I don't ship it because the beastboy that we have just won't work. Raven has better shipping compatibility with every other member of the team, so why not do that instead?
>>
>>91846204
Him hiding his identity is stupid since he literally uses his actual first name.

Also he's just a guy with an eye patch, white hair, and a goatee.
>>
>>91846291

Yea, but they don't know that. Robin is obsessed about finding out Slade's identity...or villain's identities (see Red X when he has Red X pinned as goes "WHO ARE YOU").
>>
>>91833638
Because Raven is MINE

But actually, they're completely the opposite of eachother. Every single interaction between them is about how much they dislike eachother
I get that people like to say that "opposites attract" or whatever but that's not actually true at all.
>>
>>91846425
Dude, that one scene in the movie where Raven lists off reasons why girls shouldn't like Beast Boy is practically a flashing beacon pointing to her liking him that way (let alone disliking him).
>>
>>91846554
She's listing reasons why he's disgusting and unnattractive.

I dont get why people thing that this is a signal that she thinks he's attractive
>>
>>91846856
Cause she told us as much in the sixth episode.
>>
>>91846856
Because the reasons are ridiculously silly. If she had said something about him being immature, for example, that would be quite different. But saying silly reasons like that is usually a sign of a crush.
>>
>>91846425
They really aren't opposite, though. Beastboy always shows some interest in Raven's eldirch bookcases and stuff, and Raven doesn't viscerally dislike Beastboy's wacko ideas (Her playing Stankball).

There is overlap and common interest and friendship, so calling them "opposites" misses the point of their relationship (romantic or not). Raven can be a goof and chill like Beastboy and Beastboy can certainly get serious like Raven. So no, they aren't opposites.
>>
>>91834221
>>no chemistry
Nice meme.
>>
>>91834373
>They're two characters without any shared interests, and completely dissimilar personality types but the writers said "Well, opposites attract." despite this being plainly untrue.
Two people can't love each other unless they're the exact same person! Absolute Blasphemy!
>>
>>91834489
>Beast Boy
>a Chad
Okay now I know you're just retarded.
>>
File: EndlessBonk.gif (252KB, 274x198px) Image search: [Google]
EndlessBonk.gif
252KB, 274x198px
>>91846234
Eh, I think you're being a bit too canon-stubborn. I admire that but I feel that your alliance to that is a bit faulty.

First off, Raven is not more shippable with "every other member" in the team when we look at Raven/Beastboy at the end of season 5.

Second off, I feel as though you are looking for some solid canonical affirmation that Beastboy is somehow on Raven's level of maturity, or that their relationship needs some sort of episode building it up like Robin/Starfire.

I think that's too narrow of an expectation or standard, since their relationship is unique, just like Beastboy and Cyborg relationship is unique. They don't fit your gradebook for what constitutes a solid romance, maybe, but in my book their small interactions paired with their more obvious moments builds them up as that "why haven't they hooked up yet" couple.

I mean, Season 5 had Hide and Seek and the banter between BB and Raven was comical but was just continuation of the norm. The writers could have made Cyborg or Starfire show up whenever she was trying to contact Robin, but no it was always Beastboy.

Basically, I can understand your preference to see real "canoncial development" in relationships, but I'd just say that not all relationships have to have to plot or make an episode around those crucial moments. Sometimes you have to catch on to the nuance and the subtleties.
>>
>>91835846
>And even then I still didn't want him with Raven.
This is the mindset of people who hate this pairing.
>It's a bad ship because I don't like it!
>>
>>91847561
>Beastboy is somehow on Raven's level of maturity
I wouldn't say he's necessarily quite there yet, but he is MUCH closer to it after the season 5 finale, that's for sure. Successfully leading a team to save the world is no fucking joke.
>>
>>91847614
Let me be clear I wasn't saying that he was on her level of maturity, I was saying that necessitating Beastboy to "level up" and be on her level of maturity is a strange standard if you were wanting to ship them.

There certainly is a baseline of maturity that Beastboy needs to achieve, but I think he's been above that watermark a while before Season 5, Season 3 I'd estimate but at least by the end of Season 4.
>>
>>91847761
Legitimately curious what moments in the earlier seasons got you thinking Beast Boy was maturing.
>>
>>91848411
>werebeast
>episode where he goes inside Raven's mind
>Terra
>Terra's betrayal
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d89eTTDLyFI
>9:08

This is the most clear example of BB at least having feelings for Raven.
>>
>>91848987
I'm pretty sure most people complaining about the ship are looking for examples of the reverse though
>>
>>91849018
And I'm doing the reverse of what they're doing because Raven is my waifu and BB is the animated character I'm most like.
>>
>>91849342
Now that you've done that, how about posting something actually interesting to others?
>>
>>91849374
If you don't like it you can make like a tree and fuck off, my dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gd2oWJ5ZKg

:^)
>>
>>91849451
In all seriousness though, how the fuck can you keep self-inserting without even having proof that your waifu would like you back? You really should get on that.
>>
>>91849616
>>91849690
In all seriousness though BB and Raven are so sexually compatible CN was barred by the FCC from even hinting them as a couple
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQGRkn92Qg
>>
>>91847561
My point is that BB's portrayal in Teen Titans points to a relationship with Raven not being a good match unless he were to mature emotionally (and particularly in regards to him considering the feelings of others).

People can ship what they like, and with enough skill and effort you can justify pretty much any ship (and ship some weird shit). For me, there's just not enough chemistry to make me care about making it functional.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQGRkn92Qg

>BB doesn't appreciate the feelings of others

I'm not sure who started this new dank meme, but:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d89eTTDLyFI
9:08
>>
>>91849820
Source?
>>
File: download (5).jpg (8KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
8KB, 221x228px
>>91833801
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQGRkn92Qg
>9,260,815 views
>"""Old an busted"""

"""New Hotness"""
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdp8LdZGVc
>159,429 views
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns2-uZVXvSg
>241,578 views
>"""""""""""""New Hotness""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>91848568
>>91848411

Don't forget Haunted, where Beastboy worked with a cold, following a demented Robin's orders and was the first one to speculate "Slade" was sending them on a wild goose chase.

Or Overdrive where Beastboy threw out some pretty Zen advice.

Or Employee of the Month, where Beastboy got a job?
>>
>>91850920
>Or Employee of the Month, where Beastboy got a job?
Shit, >>91835614 was more right that I thought.
>>
>>91842445
I don't get it. What do the Sephirot have to do with anything?
>>
>>91841270
>twincest is best wincest
>>
File: tumblr_obsxopn8pk1vczpbxo1_500.png (133KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obsxopn8pk1vczpbxo1_500.png
133KB, 500x600px
>>
This is now a BBRae pics thread.
>>
>>91833801
i like it solely because it makes beast boy a supercuck
>>
>>91853745
>>
>>91844609
Looks like the kind of thing only the mind of a zutarian could come up with
>>
>>91854696
There's a pretty well-known Zutarian Tumblr that posts stuff like that all the time.
>>
>>91853764
I like it because its direct pandering to my /ss/ fetish. But Raven could do better.
>>
>>91854850
BB already being smaller than Rae isn't enough for you? You're disgusting.
>>
>>91854881
bb is kinda fugly.
>>
File: 1485004409626.png (173KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485004409626.png
173KB, 500x375px
>>91837440
I can't do that. I feel less close to Raven if I'm being someone that I'm not. I also don't see how inserting myself into a character that Raven isn't romantically interested in helps me.
>>
File: 1490387999316.gif (261KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1490387999316.gif
261KB, 500x259px
>>91833638
>BBRae shippers.
>>
>>91839295
>But them you gender swap Beast Boy and Raven and BOOM it just works.

You are not the only one, I agree. Beast Girl is cute and perfect.
>>
>>91854922
Girls don't go around telling guys silly reasons why other girls aren't into them if they're not into them themselves.
>>
>>91854922
Second this anon.

I think it super weird that people would self-insert as bb at all.

Anon tends to be self conscious. BB just says things when he should think about them first.

While BB and Anon are both immature, they're immature in different ways. The only thing they share in common is that they tend towards myopia, and only consider other people's feelings after they've done fucked up.
>>
>>91854990
I have literally never heard this until it was said 10 times in this thread.

Open to the possibility, but deeply suspicious.
>>
>>91855044
If you actually rewatch the scene, it's really difficult to explain it any other way. She just pops out of the blue (pun intended) and practically attacks BB when he was just talking to himself about his shirt.
>>
>>91849820
Oh I get it now people only hate this ship because it's pushed so hard in TTG. And since TTG reminds them of shattered hopes and dreams over a proper TT season six people hate it.
>>
>>91855124
People hated BBRae long before TTG. It was hated back when TT was still coming out.

I liked it, though.
>>
>>91854953
How are we acting like idiots?
>>
>>91855350
The idea of Raven being romantically interested in Beast Boy is idiotic. She clearly sees him as the annoying little brother type. Beast Boy wasn't interested in Raven either. He called her creepy at one instance and Terra was the one who Beast Boy was in love with.
>>
>>91855108
link to the scene?
>>
>>91854986
I'd love it if there more fics that just swapped their genders and nothing else.

beyond mine
Beyond mine.
>>
>>91855108
Even if it played out like you said, You would have likely misinterpreted the scene. It wouldn't have been the writers intention of having Raven appear to scold him because she secretly loves him. You're just grasping at straws at this point.
>>
>>91833638
I'm not /co/, But I hate ravenxanybody because she is my first waifu and I feel butthurt when i see her with others.
>>
>>91855870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIOqpv31V0A&t=603s
Sorry about the potato quality, but it's a clip from the movie so you can't expect much on YouTube.
>>
>>91855647
>The idea of Raven being romantically interested in Beast Boy is idiotic.
Not that idiotic...
>she clearly sees him as a annoying younger brother
Objection your honor, Raven has absolutely no frame of reference for that kind of thing. She was raised by monks in solitude who taught to suppress all emotions.
>>
>>91856158
At least include the time you dingus.

10:02 is where said scene starts.
>>
>>
>>91856503
It's in the link you fucking retard. It's not my fault 4chan embedding is shit-tier.
>>
>>91856519
603 seconds?

I'm sorry but someone might not be able to put 2 and 2 together.

At least I called you a dingus.
>>
>>91856543
But that somebody is able to copy-&-paste, yes?
>>
>>91833638
I still have not watched a single second of Teen Titans Go

Is it anywhere near as good as the original?
>>
>>91856599
Apples to Oranges.

But regardless, no, not really. Can be funny at times but no, not really.
>>
>>91856158
Hmm. I'll grant that. Though what I find more convincing is how she gets up in his face immediately. I'll have to watch the movie for more context, since I haven't seen it before.
>>
>>91856305
>She was raised by monks in solitude who taught to suppress all emotions.
By your logic then she has no frame of reference to see him as a love interest either.
>>
>>91833638
I hate it because I have a crush on Raven. I could accept her getting a love interest, in fact I would be fine with Beast Boy as a love interest if it weren't for the fact that he's a FUCKING GREEN MANLET! EVEN ONE OF THOSE THINGS WOULD BE INTOLERABLE BUT BOTH? FUCK NO!
>>
>>91856660
A "love interest" is it's own frame of reference. "Yeah, that guy. Isn't he dreamy? / He'll do."
As is seeing BB as a "little brother"- hyperactive, stupid, mindless, destructive, annoying, etc.
>>
>>91856158
>>91856658
Shes obviously there because she's helping him fight. She gets up in his face because she's literally sick of his shit at that point.
>>
>>91856686
So you're colorist now, anon?
>>
>>91833638
/co/ hates BB because of self loathing and BB is easiest to cut down so they can feel better about themselves.
>>
>>91856750
She wasn't helping him fight, she wasn't even in the scene at first. Watch it carefully at the beginning.
>>
>>91856740
Well then so is a having brother its own frame of reference too going by your logic again. I'm gonna have to assume you're just trolling at this point.
>>
>>91856750
Also valid. That's why I need to watch the movie for more context.
>>
>>91856787
She came to his aide, stupid.
>>
>>91856786
dat projection tho
>>
>>91856830
It's aid, not aide, stupid. And the monster was long since beaten. And on top of that, there was NO reason for her to get in his face like that when he was just talking to himself!
>>
>>91856843
It's true a large portion of /co/ hates themselves. Waifufags hate BB the most.
>>
>>91856803
But Raven doesn't have a brother
>>
>>91855647
This argument is the most purposefully stupid argument - apparently only valid way to build or confirm a romance is when the boy gives the girl a heart-shaped object.

Well butts to you, dear sir. He is much more than a "little brother" to Raven (pic), and you just purposefully downplay or forget these significant details that comprises their relationship.
>>
>>91856763
And a heightist. Part of why I don't like Robin. But at least Robin can grow taller. Beastboy can never grow out of being green.
>>
>>91856989
Better to be green than a nigger.
>>
>>91856868
It was for a joke. Regardless how you interpret it, I know at the end of the day it wasn't the writers intent for Raven to be secretly in love with Beast Boy. It was never going to happen. You're literally cherry picking moments from the show to justify your deluded ship. BBRae was about as canon as Zutara in Avatar.
>>
>>91856813
You should it's pretty fine. I know a Teen Titans movie had so much more potential but it was still pretty legit.

Personally, the movie puts the two together and plays off their humorous relationship in a way that kinda distinguishes them as the go-to comedic relief. That sort of screentime kinda makes them stand out as a bit of an "item". Most of the time when Beastboy makes a remark or has a scene, it's Raven who follows up on it.

Nothing really game-changing but after the entire series and the establishment of the BB/Rae ship it can be considered shipping fuel.
>>
>>91856938
Yes. He's more than a brother at times. He's a friend. Nigga's can't give bitches anything without them having them think "Oh mah gawd! He loves me!"
>>
>>91857004
Being green is worse. It's not even a natural skin color.
>>
>>91857045
Oh sure. I don't deny that there's enough there to fuel shipping, I just don't think it'd be a very functional relationship. THAT'S my position on bbxrae
>>
>>91857062
Niggers aren't even natural human beings.
>>
>>91834037
I'll never get over how Starfire's real name follows Saiyan naming conventions.
>>
>>91857084
And being a green manlet with elf ears is natural?
>>
>>91857015
>I know it wasn't the writers intent

No you don't. David Slack mentioned that he had written the two characters as an "old married couple" for the comedy. This was back in 2005, mind you, before the ship even started sailing.

http://www.titanstower.com/sdcc-2005-teen-titans-live/

So yeeaaaaaaaaaah.
>>
>>91857086
Someone draw Starfire as a Saiyan, and/or a Saiyan as a Tamaranian.
>>
>>91857114
Still human, have you ever met a nigger before. Beast boy is canon white.
>>
>>91857080
Fair enough. I think the fact that they already have a functional relationship as friends and team-mates is a good sign, but I respect your trepidation.

I for one think most of their friction is just played for the humor. If anything really poor happens between the two it's usually a plot element.
>>
>>91857146
Beastboy is about as white as a Somali.
>>
>>
File: bbrae.jpg (84KB, 960x795px) Image search: [Google]
bbrae.jpg
84KB, 960x795px
>>
>>91857233
Well he was born and raised in africa.
>>
File: 1491449945349.jpg (116KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491449945349.jpg
116KB, 600x480px
>>
>likable characters
>interesting storylines
>good mix of action,comedy, drama and romance
>God-tier alien and demon waifus

Is teen titans (2003) the best cartoon of our generation?
>>
>>91855016
Maybe you shouldn't stop projecting and generalizing who """"anon"""" is
>>
>>91857135
>BBXRAE wasn't a ship prior to 05

Biggest kek I've had in awhile.
>>
File: IMG_4109.jpg (91KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4109.jpg
91KB, 480x800px
>>
>>91857539
Not even a top 5 superhero cartoon
>JL/U (giving you mercy and counting it as 1)
>B:TAS/TNBA (further mercy)
>Batman Beyond
>Superman: TAS
>Spectacular Spider-Man
>Avengers EMH
>GL Animated
All blow it out of the water
Hell it may not even be a top 3 Teen cape cartoon, Static certainly gives it a run for its money as does Iron Man Armored Adventures along with the two aforementioned ones.
>>
>>91858360
>>91857539
Oh Forgot Batman the Brave and the Bold too. It's low tier, not to say it's bad, just not as good as most DC cartoons.
>>
What is up with all these shipping threads?
>>
>>91858360
>>91858391
Nice greentexting, but it's definetely better than Static and Iron Man Armored Adventures. Also better than GL Animated. I would put it on par with A: EMH and Spectacular and I love them both.
>>
File: tumblr_mxyxmxt78L1r3ifxzo2_250.gif (840KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxyxmxt78L1r3ifxzo2_250.gif
840KB, 245x250px
>>91857135
They're not in love with each other though you dumb cunt. He meant they're a "married couple" in the sense that they get on each others nerves and banter over trivial things that you would see a couple do. It not implied as a "old married couple" from a romantic aspect. Besides Murakami himself said he didn't want to emphasize on the characters getting into romantic relationships because you stop looking at that character as an individual and start defining them by who they are coupled with. Here's what he said.

"The show was always supposed to be really, really iconic. And be about metaphors. I wanted the characters to be universal. And make the characters relatable. And by coupling them up, the characters would start to be defined by their relationship – rather than by themselves. I thought that would take away from the characters."
>>
>>91858903
You know perfectly well what he actually meant, and so did he I presume. If a writer says that a pair is written like a married couple that's a pretty strong fucking indication that they're being prepped to actually get together later on, and it just might be that was to be in season 6.

I also don't agree with other anon, it was 2005, shipping communities were pretty fucking well-known by then, including for BBRae.
>>
>>91858903
>>91859514
Oh yeah, and how exactly does your shit quote make sense given Robin and Starfire, or even Kid Flash and Jinx actually? That's right, it doesn't.
>>
My god, your tastes are all trash.

And to think I used to feel ashamed because of that one moment at the end of the Trigon arc made me ship Robin in a harem with the other ladies on the team.
>>
>>91853378
>the entirety of the tumblr tags for Pearl/Greg and Pearl/Dewey are retards raging at one another because of 'muh lesbian erasure'
>some dipshit Pewey fan artist tried to kill herself because of all the retards raging at her for liking the ship

SU fags are cancer.
>>
>>91856516

Oh, the guy that took the opportunity that his female friend had told him she couldn't remember a thing from her past to have easy sex with her.
>>
>>91856007
Now I want to read it anon.
>>
>>91858434
Like any 4chan board, /co/ is full of guys who will never get laid due to being too ugly for it, so they project their fantasies instead. It's a pretty decent coping mechanism, actually.
>>
File: 1478401258871.png (249KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1478401258871.png
249KB, 340x314px
>>91834489
>Beast Boy is a Chad

If anything he's that weird kid in school that tries to be funny all the time in order to make people like him but that no one actually want to be friends with.

He's right up Raven's aisle actually.
>>
>>91861212
>He's right up Raven's aisle actually.
In the cartoon, quite possibly.
In real life, even "lonely, misunderstood" girls hook up with Chad these days.
>>
>>91847594
Where did I say it was bad, you dumb cuck?
>>
>>91835931
>Actually he's a great character. If niot he wouldn't have so many fans.
This is some broken ass logic and you're retarded for trying to use it.
>>
>>91861411
Right here:
>I still didn't want him with Raven.

Dumb shitposter.
>>
>>91861453
And you're a dumb faggot who misunderstood what that anon stated.
>>
>>91861453
You are an absolute retard.
>>
>>91861571
>>91861594
So what did he say according to you "wise" anons?
>>
>>91861622
I said I just didn't like it because I didn't like Beastboy, nowhere did I state or implying it was bad, you complete moron.
>>
>>91861690
didn't like it = think it's bad
>>
>>91857233
>>91857337
Beast boy was born white before his illness caused his skin change.
>>
>>91861750
Oh, so you were baiting.
>>
>>91861860
no
>>
File: 1470508072171.png (93KB, 529x337px) Image search: [Google]
1470508072171.png
93KB, 529x337px
>>91859538
Fuck you, you dumb fat pig. Stay in your Pluto's Cave of shipfaggotry. You know the romance between Robin/Starfire and Jinx/Kid Flash wasn't at the forefront of defining them as characters. Teen Titans didn't rely on romance for lazy character building and cheap drama like Legend of Korra did. Also you're a fucking idiot if you think BBRae shipping started in 2005. Raven and Beast Boy were together in the comics long before then. But in the cartoon, they weren't a couple. Only friends and that's it. Beast Boy wasn't interested in her romantically and she wasn't either. Everything you're doing is mental gymnastics to bend and twist things you saw in the show and interpret them as these subtle hints that they loved each other all to confirm this false narrative you've manufactured in your head. They weren't a couple. The writers weren't interested exploring the characters as a couple. Now deal with it. Holy shit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Do these two still ignore each other after over 10 years?
>>
>>91862161
I'll never "deal with it" for one simple reason: I want season 6 with them as a couple. There, I said it.
>>
It doesn't make sense to hi BB with anybody, uring the show it's pretty much accepted he consume girls like others eat pizza. He never give them an choice, he choie who he wants to fuck, hen assault and harras them until they break. then he gets a new one latter because even the writters knows how cringy people like him are on the long run.
>>
File: 1492864441960.png (206KB, 968x733px) Image search: [Google]
1492864441960.png
206KB, 968x733px
>>91862406
You off your meds again?
>>
>>91834221
>But you're right at least Beast Boy isn't as bad as Ron Stoppable
Don't you fuck with my man Stoppable.
>>
>>91842445
take your ((magic)) elsewhere
>>
>>91862706
Ron is ugly and useless. Face facts, anon.
>>
>>91833698

>worst character in the show
But that's not Billy,.
>>
>>91863278
>Hating on based Billy Numerous
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>91863278
>he didn't like Billy Numerous
>>
>>91833638
Not sure which ship was the cringiest
BBXRaven or BlossomXAku
>>
>>91862193
Terra fucked Slade out of her own free will.
>>
File: 1488274723388s.jpg (3KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
1488274723388s.jpg
3KB, 119x125px
>>91864664
Cartoon!Terra did nothing of the sort. She remains a pure waifu.
>>
>>91861145
Stop projecting. There are people here who've been in relationships and gotten laid.
>>
>>91861448
And you're a dumb faggot for implying his popularity is not a sign of him working as a character. Eat shit you stupid cunt.
>>
>>91864747
Never said there weren't. Who's projecting now?
>>
>>91862161
>Everything you're doing is mental gymnastics to bend and twist things you saw in the show and interpret them as these subtle hints that they loved each other all to confirm this false narrative you've manufactured in your head.

>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d89eTTDLyFI
>9:08

I consider that whole scene especially the hug and BB's response a clear subtle hint. Even if it's the biggest explicit hint we got in the whole show it still counts.

>The writers weren't interested exploring the characters as a couple.

Here I'll agree with you. There were several obvious points they could've explored them as a couple. It could've started after the Melchior episode, it could've started during S4 with BB taking Robin's place in helping Raven deal with Trigon, and it could have been hinted at heavily during Things Change when BB is letting go of Terra. But they didn't. But you can't fault people for seeing at least a few hints while also noticing how easy it would've been for the writers slide them into a relationship and have it makes sense. For all the neckbeard screeching over TTGo that goes on here it does provide an (exaggeration) approximation of the TT we got in the original series and within that approximation the showrunners have shown BBXRAE could work without it feeling like a huge asspull.
>>
File: 1491795918414.jpg (8KB, 249x243px) Image search: [Google]
1491795918414.jpg
8KB, 249x243px
>>91864747
>There are people here who've been in relationships and gotten laid.
Then they should leave.
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>>91865037
chill out, Pepe
>>
>>91864778
>N-no you're projecting!
Kek nice try. I have a GF and get laid regularly.

But look, you're equating being ugly and not getting laid and shipping. That's a pretty narrowminded mentality to have. There are ugly people who get laid and attractive people that have never gotten laid. Both sets of people get into shipping.
>>
File: IMG_4110.jpg (151KB, 736x949px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4110.jpg
151KB, 736x949px
>>91865037
Not while the honor of best ship is at stake
>>
>>91864772
>getting this defensive
Beast Boyfags really are a sensitive bunch.
>>
>>91865111
Cute.
>>
>>91865037
come to australia and make me, coward
>>
>>91865149
Not as sensitive as your bleeding asshole you sad faggot.
>>
>>91865083
The intersection of the sets "have gotten laid" and "are shippers" is extremely small, for guys at least. (And attractive guys don't miss out on sex unless they're asexual or something.)
>>
>>91857086
She's not named after a fucking vegetable
>>
>>91865111
>Fucking degenerate normies trying to take my pure waifu and make disgusting ships with her.
I should have known.
>>
>>91865391
How is a ship with a character she constantly interacts with in a flirty way at all disgusting? It's not like it's a fucking OC self-insert or something...
>>
>>91865002
It would have never happened though. Simple as that. Besides she hugged Robin too. Does that mean she loves him too?
>>
>>91865427
Never once did she flirt with any of the characters on the show. The emoticlones don't count either. Again, more delusions from shipfags.
>>
>>91865572
She flirts in her own special, depressing way.

I'm gonna get a LOT of mileage out of this one.
>>
>>91865572
What about aqualad?
>>
>>91865633
That's not flirting. That's just her snarky behavior. She would do that to any of the titans if she found out something embarrassingly funny about them.
>>
>>91865677
Give me ONE example then.
>>
>>91865638
That was done as a gag to convey Aqualad is super attractive. Starfire was fawning all over him too.
>>
>>91865688
An example of what?
>>
>>91833638
Because Raven is trash. She causes far more damage to the city than some of the bad guys.
>>
>>91865722
An example of this:
>She would do that to any of the titans if she found out something embarrassingly funny about them.
>>
>>91854990
Girls do that to me all the time
Guys do
>tfw they wanted my dick all along
>>
>>91867695
Have you asked out any of said girls?
>>
>>91867487
I can't recall any other instance where she found something embarrassingly funny about someone.
>>
>>91865536
Compare the hug with Robin the the hug with BB to Robin's hugs with Starfire. They're not the same at all.

BB clearly blushes and is shocked when she's hugging him. Robin never did that. Except with Starfire maybe. That's animu for he likes her. That scene was clearly hinting at feelings. I do think that if the show went on they'd have explored it eventually.
>>
>>91867907
But what about Raven's feelings?
>>
>>91867935
I don't think I saw her give as much physical affection for anyone else in the show as in that one scene. And you see the pause after he hugs her and before Cyborg throws the stankball at them. I see that as them showing there was something mutual there in that moment.
>>
>>91867695
>>91867718
I'm waiting, anon...
>>
File: Raven hug.png (162KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Raven hug.png
162KB, 540x304px
>>91867907
Yeah I saw her hug him like she was hugging a little brother.
>>
File: 1486332268916.jpg (44KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1486332268916.jpg
44KB, 480x358px
>>91858903
But he did couple them up. Robin and Starfire is an easy example, with a number of episodes containing plots either completely or partially based on their relationship.

What matters is that it was tasteful and didn't end up defining characters by their relationship. Beast Boy and Raven are one of the most iconic comedy duos in the show, and their constant statement-and-witty-response is a relationship that never dominates their characters or the plot in general.

>>91862161
>>91859514

The quote is important because it held true throughout the entire show - BB/Raven's comedy was like a husband who kept cracking jokes and the bored wife who had heard all of them. Their comedy was written as if they were a couple, and regardless if the writers were going to pull the trigger or not, the fact remains that they were given that comedic chemistry that would naturally tempt shippers... not even mentioning the more obvious temptations of a ship. The writers aren't dull to that.

>>91867935
>>91867992
>>91867907

Focusing on a single instance is bland and stupid - if you operate on the parameters that "all love must be displayed in a single definitive object or action", then BB/Rae won't seem that believable, sure.

Beastboy literally gives Tera a heart. Robin goes all doki doki around Starfire while she wears a dress. These are the simple, single instance, Disney-tier simple displays of affection are fine but repetitive and uninspiring in bulk.

Especially since you're somehow Raven to follow those same romantic parameters... Really?

Pretty dumb - she isn't Terra or Starfire by a longshot. The closest thing we had to a romantic relationship with her was Malchior, and her indicator was joy/laughter and a sense of trust. Take from that what you will.
>>
>>91868877
I don't see it anon. Nothing about that really says "brother" to me. The only brotherly relationship I see with her is with her and Cyborg.
>>
File: fj7aKuH.png (3KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
fj7aKuH.png
3KB, 600x300px
>>91868877
That's just bias and reveals an unwillingness to consider other sentiments.

You clearly have some ulterior problem with BB/Raven other than "the writers didn't support it" and "I don't see anything in that hug", but you really suck at conveying it.

And it's fine if you just don't like the color green next to the color purple. But stop arguing with stupid arguments that get nowhere and waste everyone's time. Pretty sure you've heard the description how BB/Raven's relationship grows and hints at some romantic future/potential, as well as the hints that establish them as a pair.

You just don't want to agree with it. So be it, you know? But don't just look at a color and say "Nah that looks like a X to me." You can argue what shade of color it is, if it's more turquoise or if it's a bit yellow, but to completely pretend it's a single color is stupid standoffishness where "everyone else is cancer or a cuck".

Gimme a break.
>>
File: 1482974761159.png (268KB, 738x852px) Image search: [Google]
1482974761159.png
268KB, 738x852px
>>91868930
>The only brotherly relationship I see with her is with her and Cyborg.
You kidding me? You can tell shes absolutely desperate to hit those showers with him.
>>
>>91864680
>she let an old man shoot his thick old cum inside her
>>
>>91869417
Don't you be talking shit about cartoon!Terra. The innocent child didn't even get to first base with Beast Boy.
>>
File: 1490846533581.png (412KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490846533581.png
412KB, 637x360px
>>91869287
Don't you fucking try and flip this over on me you dumb bitch. You're the one wasting everyones time with this bullshit. Asking everyone why they don't like the BBRae like you do. We gave you our explanations and you couldn't handle it. That burden isn't on us. It's on you. I just call it like it is. You're the delusional shipfag that sees every interaction as an example of that they're just so in fucking love with each other. No one else here is seeing what you see in Beast Boy and Raven. You need a reality check.
>>
>>91869602
He's not OP you dipshit, I am.
>>
File: 1471404931791.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1471404931791.gif
2MB, 500x222px
>>91869602
I don't know where you originally entered the thread so please enlighten me on why you be bitchin'.

If all you can pull out of your butt is "the writers wrote them as a married couple but not 'romantically'" and "ur deluded fag" you must understand my sentiments when I consider your arguments weak and much more biased than those star-eyed idiots.

Many of the examples provided in this thread are so focused on those "disney-esque moments" that I talked about before >>91868882 .

It's completely missing the point of the relationship to begin with.
>>
>>91868751
No because I barely come out of my room
>>
>>91871248
I'm telling you, they're hitting on you! You could be balls deep right now, idiot anon.
>>
>>91865277
I bet you were shaking as you typed this.
>>
>>91871351
I'm literally shaking right now.

not that anon
>>
>>91833638
DAE the similarities?
>>
>>91873392
No? Just me? Okay then...
Thread posts: 381
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.