[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powerless - Pulled from schedule by NBC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 6

File: powerless.jpg (85KB, 726x408px) Image search: [Google]
powerless.jpg
85KB, 726x408px
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/powerless-pulled-from-schedule-by-nbc.html
>>
>>91833509

NBC just cant win with DC shows. First Constantine now this.

How long until The CW saves it.
>>
>>91833509
Good! Now if we can get rid of every other DC tv show then maybe television can finally start to improve

thank god for the inevitable writer's strike
>>
>>91833509
and nothing of value was lost
>>
File: 1451951627125.jpg (195KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1451951627125.jpg
195KB, 798x770px
Saw this shit coming years ago

It's shocking that they even gave it the greenlight for a season 1
>>
>>91833530
>How long until The CW saves it.
Won't fit because it already has an already established Dc universe, and it's gonna be a bit old if CW keeps adopting disconnected Dc tv shows. First Supergirl, then this.
>>
>>91834141
wasn't it a different premise before, and it got changed into this stupid shit?
>>
Oh dang, I'm somewhat disappointed. I found the show mildly interesting, and I was hoping to sit down at watch it at some point in time.
>>
>>91833530
>How long until The CW saves it.
Constantine, then Supergirl, Black Lightning too since it went from Fox to Cw. Gonna help them in the long run since they'll build a catalog of super hero shows and have a solid multiverse going.
>>
>>91833509
I really liked the cast, shame the actual show wasn't good
>>
>>91834274
Same writing team, production, director and actors, hardly any difference.
>>
The plot of a superhero insurance company had a better central idea to it than whatever the hell was going on in the new series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCpgEie2UJc
Plus the one Green Lantern joke is miles better than what was on offer.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (18KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
18KB, 252x200px
>>91833509
>a premise that's only good for maybe a 10 minute short failed as a full-length series
Who could've seen that coming
>>
>>91834319
>Constantine, then Supergirl, Black Lightning too since it went from Fox to Cw
Cw is the super hero show orphanage
>>
>>91834340
A lot of people who saw both the original and the aired pilot said the original was a lot better and didn't lean so hard on things like referencing Batman. I even saw some suggest it was basically a different show
>>
>>91834486
>didn't lean so hard on things like referencing Batman
Unrelated, but Dc needs to clean up what their shows can and can't do. Cw have all these rules, Powerless could reference anyone they please, Gotham have all the Batman characters they could want, Supergirl has all the Superman and alien characters and barely shares with the rest of the Arrowverse
>>
>>91833509
anyone who saw this show knew it was doomed. The last episode they aired played a repeat instead in some areas. network probably already planned to cancel it at episode 4
>>
Damn Vanessa Hudgens just cant catch a break.
>>
Whomp whomp, what a shame, I was just starting to like the show
>>
>>91833509
Saw that one coming, no more weekly fix of Vanessa Judge's or Alan Tudyk such a shame

BRING BACK CONSTANTINE!!!!!
>>
>>91835098
He has a short as hell cartoon coming later this year
>>
>>91833530
Nah, the CW needs to save room for when Fox inevitably kills off Gotham.
>>
>>91835327
Doesn't Fox own the tv rights to Batman?
If their attitude towards Fantastic Four and X-Men prove anything, they won't give up anything that lucrative.
>>
>>91834603
>the rest of the Arrowverse
Well actually in the musical episode of the Flash Barry explicitly mentions to Kara that he's aware of/familiar with her cousin during one of their musical numbers/bits

And Gotham is only allowed to have "batman characters" at a cost. It's functioning the way Smallville did where Bruce can't suit up until the very ending. And that doesn't mean much anyway since the Arrowverse has Batman supporting characters and villains as well plus Wayne Tech exists.

Anyone can make references. That doesn't mean they can show it. The premise of Powerless is that it takes the focus away from heroes and focuses primarily on people who aren't superpowered but who have lives that are affected by those who are. We get occasional superheroes that they weren't going to use elsewhere like Fire but it's taking place in a pocket where some bigger characters simply aren't around. And one episode was literally about Teddy trying to get tracking device back to Batman and they never actually showed Batman. All the shows do this kind of shit including the Arrowverse.
>>
>>91835359
Oh yeah that's right. They do own the tv rights.
>>
>>91835148
Yea, but need live-action Constantine with Matt Ryan more than animated Matt Ryan Constantine
>>
>>91835435
Yes, we do, but if Vixen's cartoon shows us anything, this cartoon could lead to more live action Constantine
>>
Watch it turn out that they pulled the episode because of some news story that happened recently.
>>
>>91834364
>Everything is just insurance jokes now.

Yeah, I don't think so.
>>
>>91833509
This isn't surprising at all, it aired on NBC for gods sake. Unless it Law & Order or some sort of police procedural then it was doomed from the start.
>>
>>91836059
Even Trial and Error apparently didn't do particularly well.
>>
>>91836059
I think the Chicago series have dethroned Law & Order as NBC's golden goose. Only SVU is left of the latter.
>>
>>91835327
Gotham is much to expensive for CW, and it's reaching syndication numbers anyway.
>>
>>91834364
This looks so much better than what we got, what happened?
>>
>>91836165
As long as it's by Dick Wolf, it's all good.
>>
>>91833551
>thank god for the inevitable writer's strike

Why? They just had a strike in 2008 iirc
>>
>>91834274

The original premise had even more issues
>>
>>91836783
Apparently they're doing it again
>>
>>91834340
It changed showrunners. That makes a significant difference.
>>
Empowered when?
>>
>>91836783
>just
>nearly a decade ago

Pick one
>>
>>91836805
>>91837012

See >>91834486
>>
>>91837012
And they dropped and swapped some actors and likely the Showrunner took a few writers with them
>>
>>91837078
Also if you pay attention to the timeline, it happens about every ten years 88-98-07-17
>>
>>91835711

Doesn't have to be just that. Its a bunch of unpowered folks having to deliver Summons and stuff to Superheros.

Imagine some poor bastard in a rowboat with a Megaphone trying to get ahold of someone on Paradise Island to deliver a summons to Wonder Woman.

She ends up sending her intermediary The Goddess of Law Themis to court.

This could have been a damn fun show. Had the people in charge not been idiots.
>>
>>91837012
Josh Halpern is usually given projects that look doomed to fail. A few weeks ago he was offering blowjobs to people with Neilson boxes
>>
Why the fuck did they go with an R&D department? There's nothing outlandish or deceptive about it. You literally see an R&D department in every DC show so where's the comedic angle of it?
>>
>>91837355
Well that wasn't originally what the show was about. But then after pilot feedback(I still think restructuring the show COMPLETELY based only on a pilot is a bad idea considering most pilots are garbage or not an accurate representation of the rest) they completely redid the pilot and the showrunner had left. So it's pretty much a completely different show than it was supposed to be.

It was supposed to be an insurance agency that dealt with superhero/supervillain related claims and probably would have been better off that way
>>
>>91835098
People don't like him. And probably they are right, first season failed to take off cause nobody took the best of the humogous ammount of good stories hellblazer comics have.
>>
>>91833509
>Hey guys, let's make a superhero show...not about superheroes!
>What could go wrong?

I hope someone gets shitcanned for this.
>>
>>91837467
>People don't like him

What? People loved Matt Ryan as Constantine. I don't know what bizarro world you're posting from. People loved him enough to pressure DC/WB to let CW bring him back however they could(Arrow crossover ep and the upcoming animated series) as well as Ryan voicing him in the JLD animated movie.
>>
>>91837439
Yeah, I know all that. I meant why R&D?

The insurance agency is something that's has both comedic relevance, from how many people recognize the concept of superheroes having a property damage fetish, and also audience relevance because it's not an atypical job. It's something at least an audience can connect to or apply itself to, like The Office. That seems like the entire crux of why the show even exists.

R&D isn't a regular job and the people who would work there wouldn't be regular joes. That seems like the complete opposite of what NBC would want.
>>
>>91837467

Lucifer worked though
>>
>>91837439

It would have been great. Using DC C and D-listers as those getting the most claims against them because they are low rank leaguers or unaffiliated.

This really could have been something in the vein of The Tick style humor had someone given a shit.
>>
>>91837549
Because its Wayne R&D which means they are working on stuff Batman could use HUR HUR HUR. Damn this shit wasn't thought out beyond "hey lets make Batman Jokes."

Points for bringing in the obscure as hell Wayne Cousin are quickly lost because they do shit all with it that's actually funny.
>>
>>91837549
Forced batman references. Tudyk's original character was completely different and not related to Bruce at all for starters

>>91837600
Which is a shame because Constantine at least took things from the comics and wasn't another irrelevant police procedural in disguise
>>
>>91838452
>Which is a shame because Constantine at least took things from the comics and wasn't another irrelevant police procedural in disguise

Maybe that was the problem
>>
>>91835359
DC has that new streaming service that probably gets around the "TV rights" thing. It might end up going there so they can pad their lineup.
>>
>>91836283
Focus groups happened. Literally.
>>
>>91838558
Again Fox owns Gotham. DC/WB can't just take it like that unless they let them. Which wouldn't be a very Fox move.
>>
>>91833509
Damn, show was okay. Liked Van. Oh well.
>>
>>91836283
The same thing that always happens when WB get nervous about superhero stuff. They go "How can we attach more Batman to this? so we get a show with a bunch of "Hey you know Batman! We're gonna reference him! A lot! Love us!"
>>
>>91839562
In this case it seems partially to be the audiences fault since the restructuring of the show came after they had screenings of the original pilot
>>
>>91837225
he wouldn't have to if he just had some sweet chobani money.
>>
>>91834319
>Constantine
Are they giving him his own show because I only saw him on one episode of arrow hinting that he would be back while never being seen again.
>>
>>91838452
but Constantine was boring
>>
>>91839692
That's not surprising either. WB listens to focus groups at the worst possible times. They fucking ruined I Am Legend because of it
>>
It was Tudyk's show
>>
>>91834364
Kate Micucci was gonna be in it. Damn. She's hot.
>>
>>91839850
Holy shit, someone else who listens to the adventures of Halpern's baby and brisket eating stories
>>
>>91837681
I thought Bruce was the last Wayne. If he isn't then why would he inherit everything?
>>
I'm interested in seeing the original pilot, which was apparently much better recieved.
>>
>>91839562
Yhere were barely any Batman references outside of couple of episodes, one which was particularly great as Van was wearing a plastic Robin costume and wanted to be Batman's new sidekick.
>>
>>91842582
There was some obscure-ass story from the 60s where Batman's cousin from out of town came to visit. I don't think he was ever mentioned again.
>>
>>91839999
>Are they giving him his own show

He's getting a web series on CW Seed similar to Vixen. It's set in the Arrowverse.
>>
>>91843001
Yea and they thought it would be funny to have him as their boss. Because Bruce is really into that kinda management.
>>
>>91838851
Literally brain dead focus groups?

Ib4 Simpsons Down to Earth with Swarms of Magic Robots.

I mean who would see his and think its okay?
>>
>>91842317
Well now his Position as a Stop Motion Actor is secure.
>>
Meh, it wasn't good
>>
>>91844820
It had promise and they ruined it. But fuck them ever admitting they screwed up.
>>
>>91838526
Sucks to say but people just aren't into a basic mystery show. Unless its X-files or Supernatural. Which baffles the fuck out of me since the latter has Not Constantine in it.
>>
>>91833509
Unsurprising. The ratings were shit.
>>
>>91836783
I'm not supporting the strike, but writers should be taken more seriously, directors are overrated as fuck.
>>
>>91846681
What a writer creates is static and unpolished. Directors have to actually bring it to life and make it entertaining. There's a reason why they get pad more. A good director makes or breaks a picture. A good writer is a dime a dozen
>>
>>91833509
>you can't make a show based on how fuckable you make Vanessa Hudgens
>>
>>91834364
Wow that was really different from what it ended up as.
>characters personalities are completely different
>some completely different characters
>completely different premise
I wonder if the original pilot will ever leak? Didn't they screen it at SDCC or something?
>>
>no more weekly quirky Vanessa Hudgens
>no more weekly Vanessa Hudgens ass
Shame
>>
I actually liked this one.
>>
>>91843331
Will Constantine be in LoT S3?
>>
>>91838913
technically Fox just owns the broadcast rights to Gotha. The actual production and show itself is owned by Warner Bros, but no one can broadcast or distribute it but Fox (at least for as long as the contract stipulates)
>>
Well, it's fucking NBC.
Being surprised that the show is cancelled is the same as being surprised that there are lots of water after the rain.
>>
>>91844976
>X-files
I don't understand how it's a cult classic. You've seen one episode, you've seen them all.
>>
>>91850367
Like she ever showed off her ass on that show
>>
>>91854685
It was the original Lore show. And also kit at just the right time to feed off of and perpertuate internet paranoia.
>>
>>91836822
They don't have nearly as much leverage and numerous shows and movies have already been written

We might not even notice the impact depending on the timing
>>
>>91854725
She wears basically nothing by skin tight pencil skirts.
>>
>>91850170

Yea someone will likely leak it like the Wonder Woman show.

Has there ever been any talks from those that saw it?
>>
>>91848565
>A good writer is a dime a dozen

Have fun during the strike.
>>
Powerless? More like Viewerless.
>>
>>91833509
Got paid to translate some episodes. Bearable, but very annoying - too much talk. Also, barely has anything to do with capeshit
>>
This was an amazing idea for a show and it had one of the best intros I've ever seen.

Too bad the show's humor was Big Bang Theory tier.
>>
>>91833509
Good.
>>
>>91854500

doubt it
>>
>>91856168

The impact will be known if they carry the strike for more than 5 months

Also all ongoing projects will get affected, so if any studio wants to launch or continue a franchise they will get hurt
>>
>>91854685

Its kino though
>>
>>91837549
I wonder if they ran into legal issues with Marvel and the very similar Damage Control concept. Like maybe the lawyers stepped in and dogeared it as a potential lawsuit and the studio, being chickenshit as always, opted to just change things to avoid said potential lawsuit.
>>
>>91858914
>Got paid to translate some episodes

By whom ? translate to what?
>>
Eh, serves them right for cancelling Constantine on a fucking cliffhanger.
>>
>>91833509
Good riddance.
>>
>>91858934
>Too bad the show's humor was Big Bang Theory tier.

It's an NBC comedy, bruh.
>>
>>91859675
>>91856168

Its ridiculous the last time this happened networks just fucking made more reality shows. Its the exact same thing that's going to happen this time fucking unions in America are retarded
>>
>>91860358
>unions in America are retarded

Yeah, how dare they to try and negotiate better terms for their members, any scraps the studios throw at them should be enough.
>>
>>91860334
Trial & Error is hilarious
>>
>>91860553

But horribly repetitive with its jokes.
>Larry, are you certain that there isn't anything else that you've forgotten to tell us?
>I've told you everything, trust me.
>Cut to yet another compromising revelation about Larry's past that makes him look bad.
or
>Don't do X Larry!
>Larry does X in front of the entire town, making him look bad.

I mean, sure, it's funny, but gets a bit old the sixth time it happens. The entire show was basically carried by John Lithgow's phenomenal comedic acting.
>>
File: F is for fuck.gif (317KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
F is for fuck.gif
317KB, 300x170px
>>91860553
>>91860735
My mom spoiled it for me by telling me it was a parody of a real case where it turned out an owl killed a woman.
>>
>>91860101
>By whom ? translate to what?

Not that person but s/he probably works in officially subbing stuff.

Every so often they're the cause of leaks because they tend to get stuff early for subbing purposes.

Pretty Little Liars had a big one a few years back when someone who handled the captioning and translation leaked the plot leading up to and including the Dollhouse twist.
>>
>>91833509
CW should pick this up and retool it like Crazy Ex Girlfriend
>>
>>91860785
holy fuck its based on an real case?? that just blew my mind

>>91860735
its charming and quick
>>
>>91862357
Rachel Bloom should do everything
>>
>>91862394
Just merge the two shows and let Rachel Bloom and Vanessa Hudgens do a sing off every episode
>>
>>91859734
That's a reach.
>>
>>91860735
The best one was the football jersey joke.
>>
>>91862382
It's a loose parody.
http://2paragraphs.com/2016/03/dateline-was-kathleen-peterson-attacked-by-an-owl/
>>
they are really trying hard to make another office. kek.
>>
>>91862411
>>91862411
I'm 100% down with this. I wanted to protest the Music Meister crossover because it didn't star her ever though she wrote a song for it. She's probably the most talented person on that entire network besides Penn & Teller
>>
>>91862689
Penn and Teller are part of CW?
>>
>>91859734

Or maybe, just maybe... listen guys what if... just hear me out

...what if the show just wanst that good
>>
>>91837681
>Points for bringing in the obscure as hell Wayne Cousin are quickly lost because they do shit all with it that's actually funny.
>>91842582
>>91843001
>>91844690

Alan Tudyk can only lift so much weight.

A workplace comedy with esoteric comic book references isn't want anybody wanted.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.