[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Time Elements

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 70

File: S8e23_title_card.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S8e23_title_card.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Now that the dust has settled, was it kino?
>>
>>91826585
wha?
>>
people watch adventure time?

I literally have never seen an episode.
>>
Cloudy was

>>91827514
It can be pretty good and it's ending soon so I'm sticking with it
>>
Yeah, it was pretty great.

>>91827541
>Cloudy was
Good taste.
>>
I really liked it. It was nice seeing episodes that weren't so heavy on melodrama or romance, and the adventure was exciting and suspenseful.

I like episodes like these. Where the adventures are cool and fun, with a lot of humor. I think a few of newer episodes tried to cash in on the feeling of old episodes by being quirky and stupid, but Elements shows what the show's been missing.
>>
>>91826585
Anon this isn't 2012. You can't expect people to have been keeping up with this zombie show.
>>
>>91826585
I just wish I could have watched it over the course of a few months, or maybe a bomb or two, instead of... what's that term for when you chug tons of liquor at once?
>>
>>91827583
Getting shitfaced and dying

I would be fine with the format of 2 a day they want to do, but when it gets released online you either have to bar yourself from the outside world to avoid spoilers or give in and flood your mind all at once, neither are really nice ways to take it in I think
>>
There were some neat things about it. I like how Patience was neutralized by her own element's affinity with despair. My main complaint is that it dragged a bit in some places.
>>
>>91827495
>>91827495
Kino means shit. Come on, how many times have you seen Kino used to describe something that isn't at least problematic?
OP wants to know if it sucked.
>>
>>91826585
It was a crap ending
>LSP all of a sudden majorly important
>Patience fucks off back to nowhere
>all of that build up, then out of nowhere candy instrumentality

Kino
>Will you be my sweetheart? Because I love you.
>Flame Princess as dragon (but her invasion was lame)
>Jake's final form
>>
>>91827771
>It was a crap ending
I loved the ending with LSP. It was ridiculous, but fitting.
>>
>>91827771
The LSP stuff was sorta kinda pulled out of their ass but they managed to connect it to enough random early parts of the series for me to appreciate it
>LSP's gem didn't fit into the Enchridion like the other elemental princess'
>When LSP bites someone they turn into a lumpy person because it's the lumps overriding the other elements that are in that person
>Lumpy Space itself exists in a dimension outside of Ooo because it isn't a natural part of the existing Elemental ecosystem

Sort of bullshit but clever enough that I liked it.
>>
File: mpc-hc 2017-04-22 20-17-16-58.webm (114KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mpc-hc 2017-04-22 20-17-16-58.webm
114KB, 640x360px
>>
>>91826585
If you have to ask if it's good, then it's probably not good.
>>
File: 1491278104843.gif (303KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1491278104843.gif
303KB, 500x363px
Betty was a huge cunt and when you're immersed in a serious story arc and she has about 20-30 minutes of being a cunt it's hard to not get thrown out of it. The writers treated her as a temporary sock puppet with obnoxious jokes, line readings, and that we were completely supposed to sympathize with her. They even had Finn say he got fucked over by her in a funny way by renaming a term after her.

If Betty wasn't in this and it was a pure Elemental focus it'd have been god-tier. Betty just kept ruining it. I can't think of a single time she was on screen that she wasn't being annoying in a non-funny way except for LSP saying she has an annoying laugh way after it had started with her. That could more be seen as LSP being her rude self rather than actually calling out an issue, but just because you point it out anyway doesn't make it better, and the kept on and on making her laugh like that. I get it, it's a quirk, but it's not a funny one, it's not likeable, it's just grating, and they ever only called it out once so it's not a running gag or even a character trait, it's just an annoying execution.

Betty wasn't that bad in her first episode, she was passable. She gradually got worse.

She felt like the obligatory female wacky and depressed lead since Marcy was stuck with PB as a side character and not an adventure team member in this arc, and LSP didn't do the trick.
>>
>>91827960
wow its almost like she went insane
>>
>>91827960
I've never like Betty but I think this was a decent use of her, she helped make the way they fixed the problem not seem completely bullshit and I liked some of her interactions with Ice King.

She was supposed to be sympathetic early on but as soon as she betrayed Finn and tried killing Ice King all that went out the window, the narrative wasn't trying to make you like her anymore. They even had Ice King himself stand up to her.

I did really love the LSP shitting on her laugh scene, they were able to make that awkward laughing joke feel very fresh.
>>
File: eat green.png (512KB, 702x642px) Image search: [Google]
eat green.png
512KB, 702x642px
>>91828002
Yea, doesn't matter why, the execution is what matters and it was annoyingly horrible. I don't get why people defend Betty.

Elements was great, her scenes kept bringing me back to reality though rather than keeping me in the immersion of a good story for the first/second time in years. Islands was great, i just wasn't as immersed.

>>91828078
This is more acceptable defending, I can at least see why some defenses are the way they are, assuming you're two different people.

But her interactions with the IK were horrible imo, especially the bit where she said something along the lines of "Seeing you is like looking at my life through a funhouse mirror and it'S DRIVING ME MAD :DDD" and when she insulted him with a little bit much attention to detail, worst offense was how she said "strewn before me". The funhouse mirror thing WAS a writing narrative to give sympathy, and it followed betraying Finn directly as her reasoning. A reasoning that is in that gay ass way of "She's doing that because she thinks it's the right thing, even though it's not, because she's struggling with it". She was going to undo everyone's lives and fix Simon for herself, not even for Simon.

They had the IK "stand up" to her as a way to continue hinting that Ice King is Ice King, not Simon, as she still told him to shut up anyway.

I get it if people like her new personality or whatever, but I'd prefer they see it as it's written. I'm all for discussing if I'm the one seeing it wrong though, but it's just straight from the episodes how she was being a dick, the only thing on my end that isn't a fact is how she felt like a writer's puppet, that was just be exampling how I see her execution. She was written as a sympathizing character who went insane from trying to save her husband and is now suffering herself, that's to it's core what we're supposed to sympathize with, with things she said being important in that regard along the way.
>>
>>91828483
I'm the second poster and yeah I'm a different person.

Is your main problem that you think Betty's a bitch and you feel the narrative is presenting her as a good person? Because I mean, I totally get why the narrative was on her side until towards the end because she was helping fix the problem and just wants her husbando back, that's a pretty noble goal I would think.

The impression I got is that she was trying to do a good thing but for very selfish reasons and she didn't care about the consequences, I thought it was alright. You could feel why she was doing this but it was ultimately a bad thing. The way she got transported to Mars to be (I'd assume) punished does make me think the narrative was looking at her with disapproval.
>>
a thread died for this
>>
Which part had LSP insult Betty's laugh? I want to watch the scene again.
>>
>>91828853
I think the start of episode 6?
>>
>>91828871
Found it. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>91828908
No problem bb
>>
File: tumblr_ol2ju8nfTj1sd1xkuo1_1280.png (177KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol2ju8nfTj1sd1xkuo1_1280.png
177KB, 600x800px
IMHO
Islands>Elements=Stakes
>>
>>91828918
You mean Dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NTR >>>>>>>>>> Stakes
>>
File: tumblr_olwar1mdMc1sd1xkuo1_1280.png (356KB, 899x1004px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olwar1mdMc1sd1xkuo1_1280.png
356KB, 899x1004px
>>91829493
I don't understand the hate for Stakes. The lore was good, the episodes were funny, and the whole format of one episode per vampire up until the end was entertaining.
>>
File: jimen.png (595KB, 725x697px) Image search: [Google]
jimen.png
595KB, 725x697px
>>91828789
>the narrative is presenting her as a good person?
Kinda, she's obviously bad and a thread, but they give the underlying theme that she's suffering and doing it for what she sees as the right reasons. Like you said
>she was trying to do a good thing but for very selfish reasons and she didn't care about the consequences
>You could feel why she was doing this but it was ultimately a bad thing.
We are supposed to sympathize with her but we're also supposed to know she's in the wrong, but that makes it even more sympathizing.

I think you see what I mean but we have two different reactions to the subject.

It's not just that though, she's annoying in every line read. I get she's insane, but it's even the non freaking out bits, like the living in the past speech excerpt, "this book is weird, but", the thing about shadows she says to the manticorn, the anger inhaling, "dog, dog, dog", "can the dog take care of this?" it's not the voice either it's the push in tone with how she says things. It's just grating. It's both that and her being a dick in some of those examples, but they're two separate issues on the same thing.

It's also shitty that they made Finn overly annoying like they do sometimes when they want the other character(s) to push him off or make them seem better. It makes sense in context (him getting jazzed about saving Ooo so he says "c'mon guys" and the graduate student thing) but it doesn't feel genuine when they pull this with other characters before. Besides, it was the follow up too, with "can the dog take care of this?" instead of talking to Finn directly. The smug sense of superiority is aggravating too. There's 3 different things I can think of during this post that I see as an issue with her, she's annoying even when she's not supposed to be due to how the lines are said, she's a bitch that we're supposed to sympathize with beyond surface level, and she's treated with this weird focus about how she's used.

1/2
>>
File: tumblr_m2t1f3RUq11r0cx9ko1_1280.png (578KB, 691x657px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2t1f3RUq11r0cx9ko1_1280.png
578KB, 691x657px
>>91829528
It was just whatever to me, I wasn't feeling it. Maybe it mostly stems from me not being that into Marceline as a character anymore and being disappointed that nothing changed (but hey everything stats right).

Vampire bad guys were awesome though.
>>
>>91829528
I don't get it either. It was a fun, self-contained story.
>>
>>91829603
I think I can understand some of your critiques, but I don't know, I'm still mostly okay with it. I guess her VA work can definitely be stilted in ways that can't be excused with how the character is though.

Though I though Finn was totally fine in this- he was annoying but it didn't at all feel to me like it was artificial, he was stressed out and wanted to do something to help and was accidentally obnoxious because of this. Betty was being a bitch to him but on his part I thought it was perfectly natural, and I like to believe that I can tell when the show is unjustly shitting on Finn.
Also I kind of thought those parts with Betty were funny, it seemed like she never even learned what Finn and Jake's names were. Not defending her or anything but it made me laugh that she so utterly didn't give a shit.
>>
>>91829603
I love arrogant and smug characters. You don't have to think a character is likable to find them compelling.
>>
File: tumblr_min801tMz01rfjqs7o1_500.gif (929KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_min801tMz01rfjqs7o1_500.gif
929KB, 500x283px
>>91829603
When will Finn become great again?
>>
File: Finn_braid.png (2MB, 875x1473px) Image search: [Google]
Finn_braid.png
2MB, 875x1473px
>>91829791
But he was great in this miniseries my friend, the days of Finnshitting are in the past.
>>
Is Finn's hair length inexplicably random or is it just me?
>>
>>91829858
They've been BSing it lately compared to the earlier seasons. Like in Orb it was coming down to his back then in Cloudy it's all sprawled out to his legs pretty much. They stopped keeping it consistent but it is a minor thing at least.
>>
File: betty.png (512KB, 861x483px) Image search: [Google]
betty.png
512KB, 861x483px
>>91829603
*and a threat

>>91828789
2/2

--and I can't feel any emotion other than annoyance whenever she gets mad, I can't sympathize with her, I can't laugh about it (since it's not that kind of scene, we're not expected to) and I can't not feel nothing because she's taking up time in the arc to get mad at the Ice King for something he can never understand or help, insulting him, and crying about her own side of the issues. We're expected to feel bad for her because she's suffering to get things right, but it's just so fucking grating.

>The way she got transported to Mars to be (I'd assume) punished does make me think the narrative was looking at her with disapproval.
That's just the start of the next phase of her importance to the series, probably about how the magic has tainted her and made her crazy and that she needs to accept the way things are, etc. I can't see how it's a punishment she was sent there, it's blunt that she's going to hear from the original MM about being a good Wizard where he was a bad one, etc. He was calm with her being there, he wasn't mad or anything so he's not going to fuck with her, he just said she donked up because the thing she was doing fucked up and sent her somewhere which she wasn't wanting to go, which we know.

Prismo and his boss will likely get in on her actions later but not punish her, just tell her she's wrong and that sort of thing. The only good that can come of that eventual story is Prismo's boss.
>>
>>91829858
It's always a bit longer every time it's shown and sometimes he cuts it.
>>
File: 1492566481834.jpg (21KB, 387x309px) Image search: [Google]
1492566481834.jpg
21KB, 387x309px
>>91829817
Yes, but for how long until he's cast aside again fro some other character nobody gives a crud about?

>>91829858
>>91829899
>mfw BMO keeps cutting his facial hair
>>
File: tumblr_of3p9kHO6v1scbnxso3_1280.png (734KB, 926x1196px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of3p9kHO6v1scbnxso3_1280.png
734KB, 926x1196px
>>91829922
Never lose hope bucko, the series doesn't have much time left so they're sort of obligated to be nice to our golden boy in the final stretch.
>>
File: I love you.png (217KB, 336x535px) Image search: [Google]
I love you.png
217KB, 336x535px
>>91826585
The miniseries solidified Finn and Jake's position as my favorite siblings depicted in telvision.
>>
>>91829791
>>91829817
The shit thing about LSP being a hero was that Him and Jake won't get credit. I want her to get credit AND them. But nah
>Finn himself saying "SHE DID IT!" at the climax of the ending where it mattered most
>everyone cheering for her
>"I'm a hero"
>No one talking to finn yet, or jake since he wasn't there, and since callback continuity is sparse we're unlikely to get a "thanks finn and jake and lsp" in the future
>>
File: 43167692_p1_master1200.jpg (787KB, 1000x903px) Image search: [Google]
43167692_p1_master1200.jpg
787KB, 1000x903px
>>91830016
Holy crap someone with the exact same opinion as me.

Loved all of it, at times Jake feels like a shallow character and their time on the cloud added so much to him.
Also that ending scene was so well done with Finn's reaction
>Sees Jake, at first is startled and even takes a step back in fear
>Jake talks and Finn realizes he's fine
>Finn is immediately not worried anymore even though Jake is a giant monster because he knows his brother's fine

These fags are gonna make my heart burst.
Also, I fucking love how they explicitly call each other "brother" more in these recent seasons than more generic terms like "friend" and "bro" that used to be used. It feels like in the past they tried to obscure what their familial relationship was but now they've full on accepted it and it's so nice.
Best bros.
>>
>>91830016

That was the thing this series did best. I've missed the brother moments from the earlier seasons.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>mfw the slime episode and PB singing
>>
File: 1478731976368.jpg (36KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1478731976368.jpg
36KB, 400x388px
>>91830163
>the slime episode and PB singing
>>
do you think jake's kids are now 1/4 shapeshifter-y?
>>
>>91830016
So does this mean Jake is 100% alien shapeshifter now?

Will his shapeshfiting powers become enhanced by his transformation? Cause he did some insane shit with his powers before so I wonder how it will work now that he's basically transcended.

I'm willing to bet the next miniseries is going to be about Jake and his alien origins. Or at least, that's what I really, really want.
>>
i just. i have the weirdest mixed feelings.

the farmworld enchiridion, ice king/betty's magic being weakened/strengthened exactly when the plot needed them to be, and especially lsp's deus ex machina-esque resolution felt a little too convenient...

>but, while everything did go "back to normal", its gone TOO normal; sweet p might go full lich again, jake's shapeshifter/shoggoth identity is gonna be explored. there's still consequences

the ice king-betty "arc" got so close to resolution but the progress that was made felt a bit cheapened by betty's betrayal...

>but she's crazy and we probably shouldn't have expected her to be as lucid and herself as she appeared, and she's gonna be cosmically punished for her actions by magic man/probably prismo and the cosmic owl, so its not like the whole thing never happened

the staff has built a lot more structure in their storytelling, and while this is technically positive it felt a tad bit predictable and we know that they can tell compelling stories without typical three-act frameworks...

>but when things started getting predictable, jake fucking disappeared and finn became a fire boy, and fucking LSP became the main character for a while

lotta "buts" with this one. does anybody feel the same/am i making sense?
>>
Elements was the last miniseries, sadly.
>>
>>91830016
Stories about guys being decent and loving to each other without crossing pandering lines is in such short supply today that it makes a show/comic/whatever stand out when it is done right. It resonates in the hearts of men.

Look at Achewood. At its heart, it's a well told story about male bonding and brotherhood, and that's what makes it one of the best webcomics of all time. Beef and Ray's lifelong relationship, everyone's reverence of Cornelius as a wise father figure, the protection of Phillipe as a younger brother, etc. And the Great Outdoor Fight arc is the ultimate tale of getting into trouble with your guys.

The relationship between Finn and Jake stands out because it's what we all know brothers are capable of.
>>
>>91830468
I'm pretty sure he's always been that way.
I think it's just his body itself "remembering" what it's "natural" state is. Something Jake has never thought about changing into for obvious reasons.
>>
>>91830468
>the next miniseries
haha
>>
>>91830701
I really like this post and totally agree with it. Genuine love between men is really sweet.
>>
>>91829528
Stakes was shit,

They fixed the Kink off Goo thing so quick, and it happened during the miniseries
More bubbline ship teasing
Finn and Jake acting overly fun and wacky instead of a good balance with being helpful, they sometimes were even treated as nuisances
Shit song
I can't remember which, but one of the vampires were shit tier
>>
>>91831106
I haven't seen any of the episodes from that miniseries since around the time they aired, but i remember far more issues with the episodes that i agreed with being said. Wasn't Marcy wanting to be fixed and then not by the end handled in a shit way or something? Like what made her change her mind was something dumb after coming so far? It was easily the weakest and easiest to find issues of miniseries of the 3. only marcy lovers (to the waifu level) will think it's above the others because she's the star
>>
>>91831163
From what I remember the wanting to be mortal thing came out of nowhere and so did her being okay with being a vampire again. I guess it had something to do with the whole "everything repeats in a cycle" thing or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>91831207
>wanting to be mortal thing came out of nowhere
actually i think that was the part i remember reading in threads back then, which in turn makes her wanting to stay a vampire being dumb
>>
>>91829528
I didn't think it was bad, but I found Islands and Elements far more enjoyable.
>>
>>91829528
>muh lesbian shiptease!
>muh waifu spotlight!
>muh beautiful songs!
>muh cucked finn!
>muh women characters!
>>
>>91831106
>>91831524
Where the hell is this hate for the song coming from, I didn't like Stakes either but the song was good
>>
>>91831542
>I didn't like Stakes either but the song was good
You don't have to lie, just ask. It was just obnoxious. I think people are talking about the one song in the ice kingdom, not everything stays though, if you're misunderstanding.
>>
>>91831552
OHHH right, that song was so weird I kind of forgot it existed. When people say song in reference to Stakes I immediately go for the big one, which I did like.
>>
>>91831552
>I think people are talking about the one song in the ice kingdom
Haven't seen it since it leaked over a year ago, I remember hating it but when i try to remember what it was I just remember this still frame of marcy floating somewhere underneath the Ice Kingdom, that's literally it.

Is there a link on youtube? Might make discussion easier and i can't download right now
>>
>>91831587
I got this'n
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=454IFz5W4oI

It's just weird as hell, barely flows, Marceline's voice has an odd distortion effect, just not good at all. It's like a weird slam poetry freak of nature.
>>
>>91831606
I hate talk singing
>>
File: 1466271807213.png (590KB, 1012x758px) Image search: [Google]
1466271807213.png
590KB, 1012x758px
>>91831606
Who wrote this in?
>>
>>91831207
>so did her being okay with being a vampire again.
She wanted to stay mortal, but she accepted the inevitability of her fate, and decided to make the most of it.
>>
File: f97d85e99525758a11ecee90a9bdad40.jpg (950KB, 1465x2976px) Image search: [Google]
f97d85e99525758a11ecee90a9bdad40.jpg
950KB, 1465x2976px
>>91831606
It's not that bad, I like it, it's cute
>>
>>91831745
You're far too kind dude.
>>
>>91827871
It's a meme retard
>>
>>91826585
No, it was as usual shit and should just be euthanized already.
>>
anyone got a mega for the episodes?
>>
>>91826585
No.
>>
File: Fern Masterrace.png (589KB, 2000x1860px) Image search: [Google]
Fern Masterrace.png
589KB, 2000x1860px
DID SOMEBODY SAID FERN?
>>
>>91835830
>jake
but why?
>>
>>91826585
The OST was amazing the music that plays during the Patience episode makes my heart ache.
>>
>>91837141
To see him suffer even more.
>>
Anyone else notice how powerful the Candy elemental is, Bubblegum reality warped Marceline's demon immortality away and she could also warp other elementals.
>>
File: 1485706176095.png (290KB, 1194x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1485706176095.png
290KB, 1194x1074px
>>91835830
>>
It was a decent adventure with decent drama, but I was kind of tired of those long ago, like Jake seems to be. And other than that episode where Finn and Jake pretend to be barbers, it really didn't add anything to any character.

In the end LSP was too lumpy for character development and that turned out to be the key to solving this big old obstacle that, despite being the product of four (mostly) major characters' inner selves gone overboard, was only superficially related to their characters. I'm not going to call it lazy writing, more just writing that did something different for the sake of being different rather than because it had a good idea of somewhere new to go and why/how.
>>
>>91837295
She was still a demon, she was just also made of candy.
>>
>>91837419
Its implied Bonny could have killed her by assimilating her into her being.

Is Patience also unkillable since shes intangible now?
>>
>>91826585
it was pretty good shit, i liked that lsp was given meaning. I will say the slime one was pretty boring. I'm looking forward to the whole jake looking like his alien father subplot (assuming the next episode develops that, rather than just turning things back to normal in the next episode like most cartoons do. was kinda disappointed betty turned out to be an asshole, but maybe that was to expected idk, i really liked the ice episode where like every things depressing and patience regrets her choices and made the good guys evil or whatever.
>>
File: tumblr_o42k0nCgNV1sd1xkuo1_1280.png (105KB, 718x780px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o42k0nCgNV1sd1xkuo1_1280.png
105KB, 718x780px
Stakes was good.
>>
>>91831524
and it belonged in the trash
>>
Is there any vore of dragon Phoebe eating Finn yet?
>>
File: 1492978915159.jpg (20KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
1492978915159.jpg
20KB, 640x424px
>people will still deny PB is evil after she forcibly transformed and brainwashed everyone in her kingdom
>>
>>91838303
Did you skip random parts of the mini series? Because they explained that.
>>
>>91826585
it was a meme series, taylor made for reddit
>>
File: S8e18_title_card.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
S8e18_title_card.png
1MB, 1280x738px
>Patience succeeds in her plan, but in doing so becomes too apathetic to care that she succeeded or make any effort to stop anyone from undoing it
>>
>>91827514
good for you
>>
>>91838611
But she failed. She just wanted them to embrace their powers, not be consumed by them. The only thing her apathy kept her from doing was fixing the mess she made.
>>
>>91826585
I'm SO MAD that Patience vanished before her prime like KOO.

I fucking hope they bring back both of them, they're the best characters in the last two seasons
>>
Why did none of the princesses try to stop Finn from stealing their jewels?
>>
>>91828078
Betty was only good when Jesse Moynihan wrote her. Same for Magic Man.

I'd demand he return to the show if I hadn't read his blogs about how much it drained him. He does wrassling now or something
>>
>>91838726
They were too wacked out to care I'd assume.
>>
>>91837559
no is wasn't
>>
>>91840494
yeah is was.
>>
>>91840494
Agree to disagree, nigger.
>>
>>91840584
>when the only fag defending the miniseries can't even use grammar
>>
>>91840848
>shitposting this hard just because someone politely disagreed with you
Newsflash, he isn't the only one. The internet isn't just you and one other person.
>>
>>91840584
>>91840630
states was trash whoever wrote it doesn't understand the appeal of adventure time

and they made marceline even more of a low energy emo just so they could have there lesbian relationship
>>
>>91840910
Hahahaha
it's great you just assumed I was him while saying what you did holy fuck

i WAS just shitposting though, take it easy jesus
>>
>>91833661
Seconding.
>>
File: Untitled.png (64KB, 1397x598px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
64KB, 1397x598px
>>91840848
>>
let me know when they stop trying to give it anime vibes, western animation appealing to the anime lovers is bottom tier bullshit that is very try hard
>>
>>91841006
>let me know when they stop trying to give it anime vibes
when did AT ever do this?
>>
>>91826585
So was I the only one that liked ice kings portrayals in this miniseries? Because that freak out at finns sweater face had me dying
>>
File: fuck you cis white male.png (430KB, 1250x720px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you cis white male.png
430KB, 1250x720px
>lets have pb sing the theme
>lets have lsp be the hero after finn and jake do the heavy lifting
>lets have lsp be a main character after writing out jake in the story
>lets have betty be a main character
>lets have betty pull one over on finn, have him make up a word describing the betrayal after her, and have her insult ice king as she is much better than him
>lets have the viewers sympathize with betty while making her depression wacky and struggling
>lets have a bit more bubbline teasing
>let's have female humor placed through out, such as tonal dissonance jokes and "so sick of your faaace!"
>let's have every title card this season be an eerie and creepy view of the female characters as to show their prominence, except for one so it doesn't seem one sided
>let's have betty again at all
>let's keep saying the same thing in every greentext line at the start to make their eyes bleed
>>
>>91840962
Calm down.
>>
File: 1478708628013.gif (2MB, 265x244px) Image search: [Google]
1478708628013.gif
2MB, 265x244px
>>91841322
From this image and filename I feel like what was happening in that scene was Finn trying to say he has a disability with his robotic arm but since he's a white heterosexual male, he's excluded from the pandering carpet.

Also why the fuck was she able to push him onto the ground with a single finger?
>>
>>91841412
magic
>>
File: 1440279900379.jpg (31KB, 415x692px) Image search: [Google]
1440279900379.jpg
31KB, 415x692px
>>91840936
>more low energy
>proceeds to murder a bunch of vampires by hand
I don't follow.

And I think you and most others read too much into bubbeline.
>>
>>91841428
>>91841412
also and because he was climbing and that makes you less stable.
>>
I want the show to have a satisfying conclusion.

It most certainly won't have one.

I'm still watching it, but it's mostly just inertia.
>>
File: 1479208724334.jpg (266KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
1479208724334.jpg
266KB, 750x738px
>>91841388
I wasn't the one throwing assumptions about being the prior anon, and then proceeding to be a jerk by assuming their way of thinking being retarded (that it's just 2 people, which was f u n n y to me due to irony, I wasn't mad shitforbrains)
>>
>>91841006
Aside from the guest animated episode done by an actual Japanese animator the show has never done that. What did you think the whole candy thing was a NGE ripoff or something? Don't be stupid, Adventure Time isn't Steven Universe.
>>
File: BTFO.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>91841439
I think they mean how she was acting (emo), rather than strength itself. Haven't seen it in awhile so I don't remember on what grounds she was a low energy emo though. I just remember being bored with it during rewatches and deleting the files to make room for other things and never downloaded them again for whatever reason.

I do wish the writers would stop using her as a gay pandering puppet and have her go back to being without a single mention or cameo of bubblegum. But then there would be fan backlash again.
>>
>>91841322
I sincerely hope you're trolling because you would have to be such a faggot to actually be annoyed by any of this shit
>>
File: 1458147605499.png (10KB, 591x505px) Image search: [Google]
1458147605499.png
10KB, 591x505px
>>91841528
No but Steven Universe is made by Gaybecca Sweetner and after she left AT the writers have done nothing but copy what she had (songs even if they can't get it right, gay shipping, weird and out of place drama, crying, pandering, etc).
>>
>>91841605
Not really, and that has nothing to do with the original statement of AT having anime vibes.
>>
File: M CA a a AI.png (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
M CA a a AI.png
13KB, 300x300px
>>91841558
That low res glitching that the yellow guy leaves behind in the sky is the best part because it's unintentional.

>>91841559
The post seemed self aware
>>
File: moce meme.png (65KB, 379x331px) Image search: [Google]
moce meme.png
65KB, 379x331px
>>91841644
>Not really
>no i don't believe that the writers are running sugar's traits dry into the series
Are you fucking new, fag? There was some episode many seasons after she left that delivered what she wanted to do before leaving too.
>>
>>91841474
If they use their remaining episodes correctly and don't piss them away on random stuff there could totally be a good ending. The way the show has been lately makes it feel a lot more focused than its ever been.
>>
>>91841439
its more about how they have her acting
>>
>>91841700
Explain to me what you're talking about because I'm not following. What, the Bubbline shit years after she left or whatever?
>>
File: g r a s s e d.png (267KB, 493x439px) Image search: [Google]
g r a s s e d.png
267KB, 493x439px
>>91841727
There's yet another batman and piderman guest animated episode filling a slot in this ending story.

There's yet another Fionna and Cake (and Fionna!) episode filling a slot in this ending story.

Also there's a fully rapping episode that will doubtfully be anything of substance (and if it is, fuck it i'm still not watching) coming up.
>>
>>91841787
True but even then they have enough leeway. Like 20 episodes left, they could use half of those for whatever the fuck, then use the rest to wrap up the important shit.

Not the way I would prefer them to go but I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>91841760
I'm not sure how you can dumb down the details I gave prior to right now without giving episode examples which would be fucking dumb since it accumulates over the series and is an "in general" explanation.

>songs even if they can't get it right, gay shipping, weird and out of place drama, crying, pandering, etc
Many, for instance the one with Stakes people were taking about
Bubbline, a very key example
crying and drama is spread through many episodes, and I don't just mean single episode dramatics, I mean arcs and underlying issues. Betty for instance cried during her emotional breakdown near the end of this, and Marcy has cried a few times relating to Simon (that one isn't out of place perse, just an example of the many times they have drama related crying, which is only good in small doses),
and by pandering, leaving out the bubbline shit, they do little fan dedicated things that would be fine if they didn't need to be WRAPPING THE FUCKING SERIES UP, like the Fionna and Cake shit, that's nothing but pandering to the feminine side of the fanbase that love role reversals, especially when it's a hero becoming female. Most people started getting bored with that anyway but here they come doing it again in Season 9.
>>
>>91830067
>Also, I fucking love how they explicitly call each other "brother" more in these recent seasons than more generic terms like "friend" and "bro" that used to be used. It feels like in the past they tried to obscure what their familial relationship was but now they've full on accepted it and it's so nice.

so much this
>>
>>91841938
Does Rebecca Sugar have a monopoly on songs, crying, and drama? What a stupid thing to suggest, they aren't even done in similar ways. AT has crying and drama that's much more understated than stuff in Steven Universe, and they lowered the amount of songs a lot since she left, and lately they've been taking actual songs and having characters in the show cover them.

The pandering is whatever, valid enough but I think it's equally as likely that the people on the show do it to please themselves than they do it for the fans. There's a lot more investment in the Bubbline relationship than there needs to be if it was solely to get Tumblr-bux, and I can think that the Fionna and Cake thing is also something they like doing once in a while for fun. That thing about the hero being female is fucking stupid since there's plenty of times in the regular show where women get to act heroic.

All your points sound pretty dumb to me.
>>
>>91841938
>>91842101
>>91841700
>none of this explains how AT is an anime reference meme box
>>
Where can I download it, anybody have a mega?

pls no bully I'm but a dumb poorfag
>>
File: Is That Yu.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Is That Yu.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>91841855
>using just 10 episodes to resolve all the fucking shit they've set up like
>Martin
>Finn's mom and the humans coming back
>Jake's alien history and his alien father and it's dimension
>ice king and betty, and now magic man
>prismo and his boss
>finn's resolution
>the lich
>peppermint butler's evil shit
>pb's evil shit
>what becomes of ooo now that the elementals have their power
>patience's future endeavors
>the future apocalypse we saw in the more recent graybles episode and the lemonhope special,
>fern and his parasite
>that robo science girl from Islands that is going to come back as a threat in the future, hinted with preboot/reboot
>literally anything else i could be forgetting
I mean sure, let's say Peppermint Butler being evil was just a thing they won't dwell on and is a "haha that's unexplained, how weird" thing, let's say the future apocalypse stays a mystery, there are still too many direct plot lines that they have to cover even in 20 episodes. They'd have boot some stuff out of here and rush it quick to cover these.
>>
>>91842264
Don't have Mega but you can watch them all on Dailymotion
http://madridista-again.tumblr.com/post/159689990634/adventure-time-elements
>>
>>91842289
>>the lich
>>peppermint butler's evil shit
>>pb's evil shit
>>patience's future endeavors
>>
>>91842197
I was a different anon tackling a different part of the response. Blame the original dipshit for not being clear and never responding.

>>91842101
>Does Rebecca Sugar have a monopoly on songs, crying, and drama? What a stupid thing to suggest
No, but she made a big influence and to keep what she had they still do it every now and again. The crying and drama is different and an easier to skew issue than songs, AT's songs by her are a staple by oldfags and the writers always try to keep it going, especially by giving bubblegum and marcy songs to sing. Also what times have they just covered a song? It's usually new, except for that thing in elements which, surrounded by new songs, was short and was just humming.
>>
>>91842289
They could always shove some of these things together I feel.
And like you said, not everything has to get wrapped up in a neat little bow. Stuff like Prismo's boss, Peppermint Butler, Martin, Patience, those have what I would consider acceptable enough endings already. Would be nice for them to get covered but the show doesn't have 50 more episodes to go through everything in great detail.

I don't know man, we'll have to just watch and see how it turns out.
>>
>>91842376
>I was a different anon tackling a different part of the response.
thank you for clearing that up
t. third party as well
>>
>>91842300
Thanks bro
>>
>>91842376
They've been covering songs a lot in season 7. There was Francis Forever that one time then in Elements there were like 3 or 4 old songs they made a new version of.

I still don't see what you're getting at though, most of the time when they have the characters sing I don't feel like they're aping Sugar's music aside from something like Everything Stays, which was by Sugar anyway. Songs like PB's Lemonhope thing or Marceline's What can I do song have a different feeling style to me than Sugar's which were all about emotional outbursts and shit. It doesn't feel to me like the current staff are trying to emulate her songs all the time, which is good because they probably wouldn't be able to do it as good as her.
>>
File: moon.png (258KB, 796x739px) Image search: [Google]
moon.png
258KB, 796x739px
>>91829528
Speaking of Stakes, Why was Moon in Jakes Nightmare in the episode before Elements?
>>
>>91842289
1/2 of the things on this list dont need a resolution 1/4 of these things are resolutions in themselves the other 1/4 is what they need to focus on
>>
File: fuck this shit.png (211KB, 543x469px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this shit.png
211KB, 543x469px
>>91842357
Are you saying Fern, the long built up outcome of Finn's Grass Sword/arm thorn, isn't in need of being taken care of? And Ice King and Betty, which has been a huge running plot since like Season 4 started it or so? etc? Or are you saying those greentexts are what doesn't need to be tackled? The Lich is not done yet. That's obvious, and they deliberately stated Patience will fuck with the future, that with Ooo being shown destroyed after becoming a city again feel tied.

>>91842402
>the show doesn't have 50 more episodes to go through everything in great detail.
Which is why I am saying they need to have taken care of this stuff instead of pushing more and more off until later, to where things we want or heavily should've gotten will be rushed or forgotten. They had another thing to take care of with Patience coming back later and doing an Elemental thing, and the did it, but at the end set her up for something else for later like they do best.

I just want AT to end on a good note, but they've already pushed things to their absolute put-off limit and are still doing episodic fun stuff when it's time to say goodbye to that. It's series resolution time and I know that's a sad fact but don't ruin the end because you couldn't get over ending the series.

Not even a writing mastermind should put off this much stuff 'till the last 10 episodes even if they can write themselves a great ending, because it's not a fun experience to just watch episode after episode of things being put off 'till later. It's happened so much at this point it's unbelievable, almost.
>>
>>91842584
2deep4us

I don't know, could just have been representing something he's afraid of or was used as a way to show that he's getting the life sucked out of him (growing old and all that).

The show's been pushing aging as a big fear of Jake's lately.
>>
>>91842544
>which is good because they probably wouldn't be able to do it as good as her.
Just like the song in Stakes where Marcy did a poetic beat with a weird echo about her emotional outburst.
>>
>>91842647
In their defense that was in no way meant to be like one of Sugar's songs, it was experimental and trippy and though it was pretty bad I don't hold it against them for trying.
>>
>>91842615
>Patience will fuck with the future
1000 years from then.
which is out of Finns era.
>>
>>91842675
Like they care if it's "in Finn's era" or not. We saw his treehouse grow into the heavens so I'm sure even if he is dead or something by then or out of ooo they still made it a thing to show something relating to him being different.

People said his backpack was on the tree but I never saw it.
>>
>>91842615
Yeah, that's always been a problem. I wish they could have been warned of their cancellation earlier so they could have been able to plot things out more. On some level you're right that it is their fault that they're still fucking around in the final stretch of the show, if there was ever a time to get serious it's right now, but I guess that would sort of be going against the tradition of the show in a way.

I don't know what to tell you man, I just hope there's a satisfying conclusion to Finn's whole coming of age tale at the end.
>>
>>91842675
Everyone on the writing team would ooze lust from their mouths at the thought of having an arc without Finn.
>>
>>91842731
>Like they care if it's "in Finn's era"
He's literally the hero of the show.

>>91842760
Explain this to me.
>>
>>91842760
why is this still a meme when season 6 was like 2 years ago, the show seems to like Finn now and actually care about presenting him as the protagonist. he just had the majority of 2 miniseries focused on him, you're telling me that was something forced onto them or some shit? how silly.
>>
>>91842755
>I wish they could have been warned of their cancellation earlier
Weren't they going out on their own? I don't remember. RegShow was the one canned with short notice, but maybe AT was too I dunno. Thought I read they were just bringing it to an end.

>>91842789
Hero or no hero they've loved giving side characters, or supporting mains, the spotlight for awhile, even if they don't necessarily need it.
>>
>>91842815
I'm pretty sure I remember one of the people on the show talking about how it was pretty out of the blue. They weren't cancelled as much as they weren't renewed for another season and then had to use what was left of their runtime to finish things up, from what I recall.
Not as bad as poor RS but there could be a nicer way to finish up your series, ya know man.
>>
>>91842815
>or supporting mains, the spotlight for awhile
but Finn or Fiona has always been in every episode even if it's just a cameo like when PB visits the fire kingdom.
>>
File: im in love.png (352KB, 855x475px) Image search: [Google]
im in love.png
352KB, 855x475px
>>91842789
>He's literally the hero of the show.
Get the lump out of here anon, no body likes a wrong person being this wrong. Glob you guys I'm the hero remember? Finn can't tell me what to do these precious gems love mee
>>
>>91829880
I share some of these critsisms, but there's one thing that really gets to me about Betty in this miniseries. She was not necessary at ALL. There was not one scene aside from her betrayal where she was integral to the episode. And even with the betrayal, it did nothing but extend the runtime by two minutes, disconnecting her even further from a story she doesn't seem to fit into. She's just a garnish.
>>
>>91842946
good shit anon
>>
>>91842914
Nah, there were some episodes where they don't bother having him at all. Princess Day, Varmints, Broke His Crown, Daddy Daughter Card Wars. Sometimes they don't care enough to throw him in as a cameo.
>>
Who else was kind of hoping LSP would have to die to save the world?
>>
>>91842964
I mean they did manage to work her into the main plot somewhat, she was the brain of their team and the one who came up with the plan to get the gems in the first place
>>
>>91842992
you're right dog.
>>
File: BASED.png (159KB, 1176x1022px) Image search: [Google]
BASED.png
159KB, 1176x1022px
>>91842946
SHE DID IT, GUYS!!
>>
File: not forever.png (390KB, 871x491px) Image search: [Google]
not forever.png
390KB, 871x491px
>>91842964
Needed a smart, rude, sympathetic drama character.
>>
>>91843151
*that "just happens" to be female
>>
File: nickcheck.png (23KB, 124x182px) Image search: [Google]
nickcheck.png
23KB, 124x182px
Show me an episode without Betty, Bubbline, FP, or a cucked Finn and I'll show you a ten outta ten.
>>
>>91843187
Half of AT's characters are female
>>
>>91843216
3.6/4ths
>>
>>91843216
and betty isn't a good one or OP at all she's just a regular fag who got magic'd up by some guy who WAS OP
>>
File: 1486767816692.jpg (45KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
1486767816692.jpg
45KB, 640x496px
>>91843216
And did it have to be that way? Princesses sure, but fuck man
>>
>>91843259
then complain about that, not that an important character was a woman because that's silly as hell to do in this show
>>
>>91843263
I see no reason why some of the kingdom leaders couldn't be Kings instead. We had fire king but Stronk Female Flamer overthrew him for being a bad dad!
>>
>>91843283
>implying I am the anon that is bitching about betty because he's more forever alone than IK
>>
>>91843288
Because kings don't work as good as damsels in distress, and if anything they should be princes to match up with the princesses.

AT has been developing a setting where male royalty is usually evil or incompetent since like the start. The only good male rulers I can remember are the Duke of Nuts and Abraham Lincoln.
>>
>>91843304
>"anon on /co/ hates a female character? must be a loner typically found on 4chan who has never got laid!"
>>
>>91827514
I know you're baiting, but it was pretty popular at the peak of it's popularity.

Getting 3 and half million viewers on new episodes is pretty damn good for CN standards
>>
>>91843336
yeah man because you're sperging out about betty being a girl when she's literally always been a girl.
>>
>>91843437
>you're
A+, get mistaken for another anon, say it wasn't you, then do the same to me. I was just saying I'm sick of seeing this debunker argument on /co/, it's very retarded that people genuinely believe when someone says negative shit about female characters in a cartoon it's projecting their personal life of never having a vagina to slay. It reminds the this is very much /co/mblr as much as I hate that meme term.
>>
File: 1488551060288.jpg (175KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1488551060288.jpg
175KB, 700x700px
>>91826585
>Adventure Time

Being any good after season three. What do yo you think?
>>
File: 1492849579890.jpg (49KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1492849579890.jpg
49KB, 540x405px
>>91843626
>raggy i rosted it arain
>>
>>91843027
Eh, but not really. All she did was read some of the Enchiridion that Finn handed to her, and what she read had to do with IK, not saving Ooo. Ooo wasn't saved by any effort on her part, it was saved because Finn noticed that LSP was resistant to the elements. Betty didn't really end up doing anything.
>>
>>91843437
>about betty being a girl when she's literally always been a girl.
Don't cherrypick, my issue is her execution and making her how she is and her being female connected to it, not just "what why is she female now" or some other bait-tier misconception.
>>
>>91843626
Adventure Time is good for the first 5 seasons, Season 6 and 7 personally feels like a dip in quality for me, but Season 8 has been great so far.
>>
>>91843559
it's fucking autistic to hate a character for being a woman and only a woman

if it were because she's a mary sue and pushing that all women are perfect or something then it could be hated for being unrealistic or pushing an agenda but for literally hating IK's ex-fiance because she has a vagina is either bitterness and projection or a sign of extreme retardation .

seeing as he can type I didn't think he was retarded enough to be the latter
>>
>>91843721
>my issue is her execution and making her how she is and her being female connected to it

>>>91843151
*that "just happens" to be female
>>
>>91843653
Like, zoinks scoob! No! Don't post bait, you'll get banned! We need our 4chan account to get free pizza deliveries and all the hot babe art of the girls!
>>
>>91843750
>for being a woman and only a woman
Not reading the rest because you're still managing to use the retarded misconception. I'm saying it feels shitty that she """"happens"""" to be a woman while being a shit eater character that is nothing but an annoyance and rude and felt very hamfisted in the story. With this show's history of writing women and their execution, her being female while having all these execution issues is what makes it feel shitty. Not just because she's a woman. I like other characters that are female.

>>91843776
That was implied sarcasm, which was why "just happens" is in quotes.

Fucking christ, use you're brain a bit. If you respond with more misconception bullshit I'll just ignore it since I've said twice now what was already supposed to be obvious. It's worse when you insult me and you base it off of what you got wrong. Go fuck yourself.
>>
It all felt very juvenile and badly thought through.
I am disappointed.
>>
Betty is a real big piece of shit when you get down to it. She was totally fine leaving Ooo as a ruined wasteland even though she had been living for like 2+ years in the show by now, and past episodes showed that she had been wandering the land talking to people like with those wizards, and she didn't care about any of them. Whatta bitch.
>>
>>91843999
>It all felt very juvenile
hm?
>>
>>91844029
She's an American college-educated woman, what did you expect?
>>
>>91843725
Eh, season 7 is about as good as 5, and 6 being bad is mostly just a meme based on 3 or 4 divisive episodes.
>>
>>91844093
I don't know man. I just don't know.
>>
File: adventure-time.png (88KB, 560x230px) Image search: [Google]
adventure-time.png
88KB, 560x230px
What do you guys think would make a satisfying ending to this series? Can it be satisfying?
>>
>>91844151
An entire episode where PB, Marceline and Finn have a threesome.
>>
>>91844151
Miniseries about the Lich fully awakening and destroying Ooo ending in a final, climactic battle between the Lich's undead army and Finn + allies

Or alternately just an episode that ends with Finn and Jake going off on another fun adventure, like the ending of Calvin and Hobbes
>>
>>91844151
Finn becoming the macho part robotic hero that everyone recognizes as such.

Ice King either staying himself and Betty accepting it or them going to a wish altered Prismo reality where they can live happily ever after with dimension altering ways to contact our ooo folk.

uuuhhh the lich being defeated in a very fucking awesome way i guess, and maybe minerva and martin coming to ooo to visit finn in some way or live there and see what he's become, rather than his mom just knowing he helps ooo sometimes and his dad knowing jack shit
>>
>>91844151
Honestly even if they don't get to most of the plot point I won't mind, I'm not that invested in most of them and with the show's setting I feel like it would be kind of weird if everything is wrapped up by the final episode, leaving stuff unresolved would make me thing that the characters would still be dealing with them even after the show ends, like the universe still exists even if we aren't watching it.

Stuff I would make sure to wrap up-
>Lich
>Whatever Fern's deal is
>Have them actually say what the hell PB and Marceline's history is after all these years
>Ice King gets some resolution, either he dies or comes back as Simon or stays crazy with Betty

And the big one that would just be awful if they left out is cementing Finn's movement into adulthood. I would do it where something changes between him and Jake, like Jake moves out or something so that Finn has to become a more independent person and not just stick to Jake the rest of his life. I feel like something definitely has to change between them, I'll be mad disappointed if the show ends with them just living like they always have, that's just boring.

If they hit these at least I'll be mostly happy.
>>
File: 1466405805878.jpg (8KB, 206x210px) Image search: [Google]
1466405805878.jpg
8KB, 206x210px
>>91844281
>series finale episode starts
>it's snowing
>>
>>91842584
Because Jake was fucking terrified of her
>>
>>91844327
>>Have them actually say what the hell PB and Marceline's history is after all these years
why

that seriously doesn't matter unless you're a dumb shipfag
>>
>>91844403
It doesn't matter much plotwise but I want the show to stop being such fucking pussies and actually confirm if they were just pals or lesbians. Have them finally give a definitive answer instead of the bullshit "It's whatever you want it to be honey~" they've been telling the fans for half a decade.
>>
>>91844438
Stop being a fag and caring. It would be fine leaving it as is unless you're a shipperfag.
>>
>>91844489
I care about what I want to care about dude, you calling me a fag isn't changing that. I'm not even invested in the ship I just want to know where they stand.

I mean at this point with all the hints they've thrown it's like 97% that yeah they definitely are/were in a romantic relationship but I just want the show to acknowledge it as a fact.
>>
>>91844215
this
>>
>>91844534
>I'm not even invested in the ship
You included, in a list of things that are important to you, that they need to be direct about them being gay or not. It does not matter unless you are an invested lesbo fag.
>>
>>91844031
Like not done by a professional storyboarder. The way a young child would tell a story.
>>
>>91844678
That's literally all I want, I don't even need there to be one more Bubbline focused episode before the show ends, just want the show to put it's foot down and say what they are to each other. Basically I just want to know what their relationship's been throughout the show.
I would be equally as happy if they confirmed yeah they are just friends, I just want them to definitely say fucking something about it because the whole leaving it to the imagination thing is a bitch way to conclude it.
>>
>>91844327
>I feel like something definitely has to change between them
what?why? Finn is already more independent and mature than most adults and doing this would go against the whole idea of them being super bros for life
>>
>>91844824
Because the very idea of them being bros for life is boring and isn't the way I feel their relationship would logically go. They love each other more than anything, but something the show keeps on pushing lately is that Jake is fucking old, and when you get too old it's hard to keep adventuring. Finn is basically in the prime of his life while Jake keeps getting older and saggier, and he's always been more into just relaxing and hanging out than going on quests like Finn has been. Plus Jake has Lady who I feel has always been neglected to him not adventuring as much and hanging out with his girl more is another reason I can see this happening.

It would be the best way to end their dynamic: Jake eases off of things, Finn has to change as a person and get used to doing this stuff by himself without Jake as a crutch to act on, would be bittersweet but ultimately a lot more satisfying to me than them living in the Treefort as two brodudes until the day one of them croaks.
Is that what people want and I'm just out of touch? That just sounds so boring to me.
>>
that gay sweetheart song has been stuck in my head ever since i watched it when it leaked
>>
>>91845007
Anything gay gets stuck in your head
>>
>no candy finn, jake, or ice king
>no flame jake or ice king
>but waifufags draw art of fucking huntress and betty being consumed instead
>>
File: 1463876196037.jpg (31KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1463876196037.jpg
31KB, 700x525px
>bonnie ballad is just a progressive song
>"i find my sweet prince waiting" instead of the clliche other way around
>>
>>91845106
there's some of what you're talking about, just gotta dig for it
http://krobick.tumblr.com/post/159866842831/i-love-this-show-so-much
>>
File: weak.png (278KB, 541x455px) Image search: [Google]
weak.png
278KB, 541x455px
>clamps sleeve
>"ouch :D"
>>
>>91845210
>karoll, 17, brasil
>she/her, infp, scorpio
>>please do not repost my art without my permission
jesus christ tumblr chill out

but thanks, the finns are good
>>
>>91830488

yah
>>
>>91845356
What's wrong with that? She seems like a normal person to me especially compared to some Tumblr users who list all their 85 triggers, what kin or whatever they have, their shipping preferences and a whole bunch of other hogwash.
You're welcome though. And the rest hasn't even aired yet so there might be more content made in the next few days.
>>
>lsp saves the day when she tells finn to fuck off
haha
>>
>>91838759
he's still doing forming and making more Manly right?
>>
>>91844930
>Because the very idea of them being bros for life is boring
so you dont like AT because that is AT

>Jake eases off of things
i could see this happening, but having jake move out and basically destroying the greatest friendship of his life now that sounds boring

some of the greatest moments in AT is jake and finn just being bros why would you want to destroy that
>>
>>91835830
>>91841787
add bmo
>>
>>91844151
I don't expect it to be something of unprecedented change, but I do think that appeasing the lorefags and comfyfags in tandem would be the best option. I personally lean towarss a SoL ending, that's memorable. When we think if great episodes like WWM it's because it's memorable; it doesn't need to have tons of change. When we think of a great episode in SU like Jail Break, that episode is memorable, even though it left plot lines open. What I don't want is a heavy episode like Gravity Falls's ending that many people thought could have been done better, albeit a lot was due to many feeling it ended too early. I hope the writers wrapped up the big points. I am convinced Ice King will stay Ice King. The Ice Thing in Graybles 1000+ has the crown and has the same jewel missing that fell out. Death also told Betty Ice King will remain until the Sun blows up. Simon also cannot live without the crown because the magic keeps him alive. Elements heavily suggested that Simon and Ice King are different beings: not something you can just revert. This does conflict with me because I find it odd that a decent amount of attention was given to Betty fix the crown only for her to fail. We either have a retconned scenario where Ice King become mortal, or a implied ending and Simon remains.
>>
>>91842584
FOREHEAD
VAGINA
>>
>>91845568
yeah what was that supposed to be?
>>
>>91845191
They could have taken this full tumblr and said princess though
>>
>>91845536
I love AT but one thing about AT is that character relationships change, so this is just following suite with that. And it's not like them not living together would destroy their relationship, they would still hang out but not be glued by the hip.

And yeah, it is really boring. It sounds like you want them to stay together because it would be sad otherwise, but does that really sound like the most interesting way things could go? Having Finn be forced to rely on himself more is imo much more interesting than him being able to bum about with Jake forever. C'mon son, characters being totally happy forever is boring as shit, gotta add some sadness to that saccharine.
>>
>>91845605
PUFFY
>>
>>91845106
>no candy finn
Who cares about Fun when Marshmaline is the star of that episode?

>no IK
Genuinely surprised Simon can be such a top tier GILF
>>
>>91845660
Simon is and always has been an absolute Chad
>>
>>91845621
What good does separating life long companions do? Finn and Jake are together because they want to, not because they need to. Elements proved that Finn is capable of being on his own to a great extent, so we don't need them separating to show that Finn doesn't need Jake.
>>
>>91845660
PUFFY
MARSHMALLOW
BUTTHOLE
>>
>>91845792
S O F T
O
F
T
>>
It was OK, LSP has never been a character I enjoy so she being a main character definitively made me enjoy it less. The visuals were amazing though.

Islands > Stakes >= Elements.
>>
File: Noooooooooooo.gif (649KB, 269x208px) Image search: [Google]
Noooooooooooo.gif
649KB, 269x208px
>>91845792
>>91845829
My heart tears with the knowledge I will never give her a rimjob.
>>
>>91845854
Stakes beating anything is the dumbest thing I've ever seen more than one post say.
>>
>>91845854
This. LSP has always ruined episodes for me, and the only people that like her woud be Pendleton Ward and that other guy. Pen enjoys voicing LSP for her to be written off. I see no other reason for her to still be relevant in the show.
>>
>>91845787
>Elements proved that Finn is capable of being on his own to a great extent
Not really? Because when he lost Jake he was totally defeated and would have died had LSP not got him out of there? And even afterward he wanted to go back in there and try to save Jake and had to be talked out of it by the Ice King of all people? What you're saying isn't true at all, if anything Elements demonstrated how much Finn needs Jake.

And it would be good because it would let Jake rest and provide development for Finn. Jake is pretty much Finn's mentor and parental figure, and people don't spend their whole lives by their parent's side, they move away from them and develop into their own independent person, and I would like Finn to do that to. If he doesn't it's pretty much saying that he's gonna stagnate for as long as Jake babies him.

I'm not saying this has to happen immediately or be shown in the show, but it would be nice if the show at least hints at it being a thing that happens like a few years down the line.
>>
>>91845936
Are you implying Stakes was bad? You are either a blind anti-bubbline fag or a person with shit taste.
>>
>>91845974
Screencapped for posterity and bubbline fag proof that if you don't like an episode involving them that there's a priority chance you're against their precious ship.
>>
>>91846022
Why other reason would you have to not like Stakes? It was actually good, I don't get your logic here.
>>
>>91845954
>Jake is pretty much Finn's
older brother
>>
>>91845936
>wahh Finn can't take down Vampires not even Marceline can take down
>wahh Finn and Jake are comical relief
I cannot see how Finn and Jake being bros is a bad thing
>wahh LESBIANS IN MY TV SHOW
>wahh nothing of consequence happened
As if the only thing that matters in a story is what happened, ignoring how it happened.

Are there any other issues than the ones i've listed? I think I've seen them all. Marceline is one of the most popular characters why do you think Olivia Olson comes to just about every panel, even though Ice King and Princess Bubblegum appear in far more episodes?
>>
>>91846084
He's his older brother but also has clearly taken over the parental role since their parents died.
>>
>>91846088
>Marceline is one of the most popular characters why do you think Olivia Olson comes to just about every panel, even though Ice King and Princess Bubblegum appear in far more episodes?
I can at least get with your other points but this is such a dumb argument, just because she's a popular character doesn't mean anything, especially when she's mostly popular for pretty simple reasons like her songs and sad backstory.
>>
>>91845954
>to some extent
He also became candied, and it doesn't prove he needs Jake, it proves Jake needs Finn. Had Finn made it out at all the duo remains merged. Jake is Finn's mentor in the sense that he offers Finn advice, not that he's there to help him every step of the way. I doubt that Finn wouldn't eventually live his own life, and Puhoy has shown that he can.
>>
Why was fire elemental Phoebe so weak?
>>
>>91846063
>Why other reason would you have to not like Stakes?
God damn you're a butthurt faggot. It had iffy songs, the pacing was kinda shit at times, and excuse me if I don't like how random it was with Marcy being like "I fucking hate being a Vampire" after over 1000 years and then going back to "nah it's cool" within 8 episodes. It also killed off the king of ooo story which had just begun very very close to this arc starting.

But nah, it's because you're precious ship and I'm a homophobic piece of shit right

>>91846088
>>wahh LESBIANS IN MY TV SHOW
haha here it is again, jesus fuck you gay fags are the worst, i ignore the bubbline shit, i don't have an opinion on it one way or another, it's pathetic it's always "what, can't handle gays? grow up!"
>>
>>91846141
It does mean something: it's incentive for a Marceline centered mini-series. Why Finn didn't get his mini-series first could be that his origins may have been a priority set for later. My other points?
t. Bubblinefag

>hurr my reasoning for Stakes being the worst isn't lesbians it's for something else I'm not going to say
Pathetic
>>
>>91845954
i really can't get behind this idea finn and jake are life partners the only way i could get behind it is if one of them died and the death would have to be handled extremely well anything less than this would completely ruin there relationship in my eyes
>>
>>91846186
They both need each other but Finn clearly needs Jake more, which makes sense because Finn is much younger and dealing with heavier stuff.
And Jake does a lot for Finn. Cooks his meals for him, helps him take on bigger stuff in combat, cheers him up whenever he's feeling down, Finn leans on him for a lot of stuff.
> I doubt that Finn wouldn't eventually live his own life, and Puhoy has shown that he can.
So you're agreeing with me then? Though I don't know if Finn ever will voluntarily want to move on unless he's forced too, he loves Jake too much and is probably scared of what life would be like on his own. That's why I want it to happen, get that sweet sweet character development out of it.
>>
>>91846186
>also
omit this
>>
>>91846249
>i fucking hate being a vampire
She never hated being a vampire, she wanted to experience mortality again

>iffy songs
Aside from Marcy's PB rap the inclusion of Everything Stays pretty much washes out.
>>
>>91846141
She's literally only popular because of bubbline fags. 80% of this shows' vocal fanbase (not anons on 4chan who post in the threads about 2 times a month) is known for the bubbline shit. always posting on the writer's twitters about it, making gay cosplay picture collages, making fanart/porn art, making fanfics, asking when we're getting another shipbait episode, demanding that it's explicitly said, etc. all day every day
>>
>>91846292
Finn and Jake are life partners but sometimes even that relationship doesn't last. And once again, I'm not saying they're gonna never see each other again, just stop being as close as they are. They'll still be brothers, still spend time together, still go on adventures together, it'll just lessen as Jake gets old and Finn transitions into mature adulthood.

I mean, this is always how I felt their relationship should end. Finn's journey has been one of growth from child to adult, and when a person becomes an adult they aren't still hanging out with their family all the time, they're meeting new people and doing new things. Only makes sense to me that Finn would do the same in his life.
>>
>>91846297
>Finn needs Jake more
How so?

Jake is older and experienced, this is why Finn listens to Jake's advice. Likewise Jake also needed Finn to help him calm down in Cloudy. Finn is stronger mentally so he didn't get merged with the slime. I agree in the sense that Finn likely won't be with Jake forever, but if you're suggesting the finale should have them split apart I would strongly disagree.
>>
>>91846357
>this one song was so god tier it nullified the bullshit of the rest
this mentality is so fucking lame, it doesn't mean we just weren't subjected to horrible shit they thought was good during a story arc they thought was heavy and important and wasted time on.
>>
>>91846249
>implying I called you a homophobe

This is what offended me the most, I don't know who THE FUCK do you think I am by assuming I'm calling you a homophobe for not liking a ship, Fuck you. Either way iffy songs, and muh pacing (the greatest buzzword argument without pointing examples) are such subjetive argumenst that you claiming that Stakes is bad by those reasons make you seem like a god damn faggot, Is it really that unreasonable to believe Stakes is better than Elements?

Eat shit.
>>
why the fuck are adventure time threads some of the most hostile ones?
>>
>>91846360
But Marceline was a very popular character prior to bubbline even being a thing? It's more like Marcyfags tend to support bubbline, thought I have seen criticism that Marcy doesn't need to always be alongside PB, which she really isn't.
>>
>>91846463
No but it does mean it's forgettable because we have somethig memorable. Ask yourself what more time was needed.
>>
>>91846500
>pacing is a buzzword

>>91846525
>marcy isn't always with pb
>>
>>91846522
We care a lot about the show
>>
>>91846567
>pacing is a buzzword
Nowadays yes, unless you use an example.
>>
>>91846451
Like I said, Jake takes care of a lot of stuff for Finn. Keeps his spirits high, gets him to open up about things that are bugging him, does some domestic stuff like cook and junk, some of the foes Finn fights would be impossible to take down without Jake's help. Jake's really in this to hang out with Finn and have fun, everything else is second to that.

And I said before I don't need them to split in the finale, but I also would be really disappointed if the show did a huge flash forward and their still in the same spot they're in right now like ten years later or something, that would just be boring.
I would love if there was some implication that a split would be happening between them soon, but even if they end with things being just dandy between them I would be okay with it even if it isn't exactly how I want things to go.
>>
File: 1486528628308.jpg (66KB, 778x486px) Image search: [Google]
1486528628308.jpg
66KB, 778x486px
>>91846500
>>implying I called you a homophobe
>"what other reason is there to not like stakes unless you didn't like this lesbian ship?"
also holy shit #triggered
>>
>>91846590
this
>>
>>91846522
>>91846590
We're also fags
>>
>>91846567
>marcy isn't always PB
In the sense that Marcy isn't limited as a character when being around her. Marceline is still Marceline and acts like it
>>
>>91846635
this too
>>
I was expecting forced Ice King feels but got an adventure, it was fun
>>
>>91846591
Pacing is always meant that it was executed at a rocky speed. It literally just means it lagged or was too fast at parts. That's not a buzzword. A buzzword is "Tumblr!!!" "Reddit!!!" which can have grounds if you go into detail, like with Reddit it's being le wacky underage shlock as the users are stereotypically known for as is the same for Tumblr but usually related to gays and lesbians or something, i don't fucking know anymore.

Pacing isn't a buzzword and that was dumb to get mad at.
>>
>>91827960
well she got magic man's shit all wrapped up in her, like I didn't expect anything less
>>
>>91846500
neck yourself tumblr landwhale
>>
>>91846621
You are being retarded

>if you call me on not liking this ONE lesbian ship you are calling me on not liking lesbians at all

This type of garbage hyperbole falacies are tumblr-tier, anon.
>>
>>91846640
She acts like a lesbian because she's used as shiptease. It's connected as it's the same as why she hasn't been in her own episode in awhile without PB being involved for shipbait reasons.

This isn't a part of my argument perse I'm just asking, when was the last time Marcy was in her own episode without PB?
>>
>>91846604
>some of the foes they take down wouldn't be possible without Jake
Vice versa. The point is Finn is self-sufficient enough to where he doesn't need Jake constantly by his side.
I think that a flash foward of Finn with a family isn't a terrible idea
>>
>>91827763
kino is a meme, but was it kino?
>>
>>91846674
You still have not given a reason as to why Stakes has bad pacing, that's my point, I know what pacing is and it can be a legitimate complaint, but giving no examples has turned "muh pacing" into the retard's stock argument by default when they say something is shit without actually explaning why something is shit, if it is shit.
>>
>>91846696
>This type of garbage hyperbole falacies are tumblr-tier, anon.
You're calling me tumblr when you just got overly fucking triggered about me saying you implied i was homophobic because you took the fact I MIGHT hate stakes J U S T because bubbline shit, then you proceed to switch shit around. You then took it to heart that I called you out on it that you made about a decent paragraph about how upset it made you and insulted me many times because of it. (Fuck you, god damn faggot, eat shit)

>I don't know who THE FUCK do you think i am
You even type like you're from there so I don't get why you're using it as a BUZZWORD! like you said pacing was and called ME out for it.
>>
>>91846720
>she acts like a lesbian
Because you can never hang out with your best friend. There hasn't been any romance between them yet

>when was the last time Marcy was shown without PB
I would ask what's your point? Until the day comes that Marceline no longer acts like herself I see no problem.
>>
>>91846756
I would be alright with one of those but it would be a little cheesy. Would be interesting to see who Finn ends up bumping uglies with.

And I'm not sure Finn is that self sufficient. I mean the few times where he's been in situations that have forced him apart from Jake he tends to freak out, that doesn't fill me with confidence about how he would live life independently. But this discussion has kind of devolved into semantics so I think I'm done arguing the point with you.
>>
>>91846819
Romance being defined as what we would conventionally think of as a date
>>
>>91846819
>Because you can never hang out with your best friend.
Don't do this dumb shit (how dare they do something friendly, etc.) because you know that's how she's being used for now. It's that dumb piddledicking around shit to avoid censors but appease bubbline fags.

Also I was just god damn asking and I made it clear it wasn't a part of my argument. Either answer it or don't, it matters to me in the sense of just fucking wondering.
>>
File: Wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>91846807
>You're calling me tumblr
WRONG I'm calling your hyperbole tumblr-like. As in "you don't like this female character so you hate all females".

And I didn't even said you had to hate Bubbleline, I said that you either hate it or have shit taste in order to not like Stakes, you didn't like Broke His Crown? Okay, I get it that episode was meh, you didn't like Stakes? You have shit taste. Either that or give some arguments on why Stakes is bad.
>>
>>91846522
Bubbline poisoned /co/ long ago
>>
>>91846826
>he freaks out on his own
I would strongly disagree Winter Light showed Finn in a life ending situation and handling it in a well-tempered manner. His first thought wasn't Jake coming to catch him, and Finn knew already what to ask Jake to do the moment he came. It would be different if he were begging them to save him
>>
>>91845568
>>91845605
>>91845658
sounds like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U86c2Zf5og
>>
>>91846590
Honestly this, Adventure Time and it's team are the bad guys here, we've been hurt too many times.
>>
>>91846873
It also appeases those that like Marceline, which is a very big category. Seeing her be herself is what happens. There's nothing out of character with them hanging out. It upsets you because you're reminded bubbline is still a thing
>>
>>91846895
>I'm calling your hyperbole tumblr-like.
Adding -like to it doesn't chance the damn thing at all, retard. You still buzzworded and, like what you said about pacing, never said what that entailed like all such buzzwords do.

I would've gave arguments had you not twisted it on a personal level and became retarded attacks on me which if I didn't respond to would have muddled everything to shit.

Guess what, we've wasted many fucking posts on this and I'm tired. I thought the pacing in general was shit. That's it on the pacing. All the miniseries together, it's pacing was bad in hindsight. I already said I hated the song.

>I didn't even said you had to hate Bubbleline
You quickly went to that as your basic core during the first or so response with "what other reason is there?" as if any other is absolutely invalid.
>>
>>91846922
>waifufaggotry poisoned /co/
FTFY
Bubbline is no different than other shio cancer, it's just contentious because it's likely. It also conflicts with Fubblegum which was a very popular ship written off three years ago but because "first girl wins" those that still consider it likely are still in denial. They'll be in the same boat as Naru-Saku or whatever Naruto x Sakura is called
>>
>>91846983
Writers aren't that deep. Also you seem to be forgetting that dumb cute shit they keep sharing, like the smudge wiping with the finger, them growing old together in stakes, etc. That's not what she used to be. She used to sing songs about her daddy, freak around with finn, be a god damn vampire, etc. Now she's just PB's """friend""" that's written enough to get bubblinefags settled for a bit because they know that's where their money is. I can't blame them, it gets them more views than if they stopped it long ago or outright said nah they're not gay. They're a fucking vessel and it's obvious since she's always stuck to PB now and every time it's something that tips slightly over the friendship scale and done on purpose.

Give her an episode without PB where she just has fun with Finn and Jake for a god damn minute on their own. Somewhere like her place or theirs.
>>
If you think about it, it comes bad in taste that Marceline has two father figures who failed her, lost her mother at very young age and now she's gaying it out for PB, who is an eternal motherly figure. And dated Ash, an asshole who abused her for centuries.
Marceline's gayness is psychological and not innate, top kek.
>>
>>91846394
>but sometimes even that relationship doesn't last
what do you think life partners means?

>they're meeting new people and doing new things
but finn already does that with jake in fact finn goes out and does new things and meeting new people more than the adults in the show

i have no problem with the idea of them going out on adventures together less often but jake moving out doesn't work for me to me it sounds like you're trying to turn jake into a house husband which would definitely ruin their relationship
>>
File: neavy metal music.png (552KB, 611x623px) Image search: [Google]
neavy metal music.png
552KB, 611x623px
>finn and jake save the day in the end
>heroes plays
>>
>>91847075
That list isn't exclusive with bubbline, though.
>bubbline is where their money is
The ratings for bubbline episodes were no different than other episodes, and we knew about these bubbline episodes months before they aired. They are best friends and have been growing closer since season 5.
>>
>>91847074
Honestly I wasn't even critiquing Bubbline, I'm neutral to it, but it is a fact that it's resulted in the most bitching over the years in AT threads. If it never existed this place might be a little more chill. But we probably would just find more stuff to whine about.
>>
>>91847134
Yea, being marcy is suffering! poor girl, she's been through so fucking much
>>
>>91826585
Is it honestly over? Like legit no more?
If so I can finally pick up where I left off, dropped this shit like the hot potato it was after Cinnacuck and FP get together, sad to admit that an undercooked pastry snatching the girl from the flawed protagonist made me drop this show, I can name 5 better reasons and this was the one that got me. Still curious how badly this dumpster fire burnt everything in it though so it's time for round two.
>>
>>91846525
the Marceline before bubbline is a completely different character than the marceline after
>>
>>91846985
Alright I'll give you an example
>1.- Someone says they don't like MaleXMale pairing
>2.- Tumblrite proceds to call them homophobic for not liking this ONE pairing

And here's what you did
>1.- I claim you didn't like Stakes because you don't like Bubbeline
>2.- You inmediatly assume the first point number 2 like a retard, and call me out on calling you a homophone
>3.- I tell you that you are wrong
I hope that clears that out.

>You quickly went to that as your basic core during the first or so response with "what other reason is there?"
Well duh, you still have not given any points one why Stakes are bad, not any well developed.
>b-but m-muh opinion
Yes, your opinion as in: "I don't like it =/= Bad"
>>
>>91847182
Still has less than 2 dozen episodes to go, will be over in a few months or early 2018. If you want you could pick it back up and if you watch casually you might be caught up by the time it ends.
>>
Question? WHy is the episode Time Sandwhich so good I keep coming back to it. Like everytime my sides blow when they start adding more and more shit into the bubble and it make BMO's skate video more awesome
>>
>>91847149
It would be corny but I want the credits music somewhere in the last episode.
>>
>>91847214
Cause it's just a rollicking good time my man
>>
>>91847182
It ended worse than that. Finn ended single and Jake has two assumed girlfriends. Denial fags thing more episodes are coming but it was said by Pen that offline was the last ep

poor fucking bmo though
>>
>>91847160
Even if they do confirm it the complaining will never end, because now you have people saying it's shit writing because retcon or because how Fubblegum didn't happen instead.
>>
>>91847182
>CB snatched the girl
But he's friendzoned? Pheobe put him on the side because she knows he will come back no matter what
>>
>>91847191
>not any well developed.
>>b-but m-muh opinion
>Yes, your opinion as in: "I don't like it =/= Bad"
What the fuck do you want from me? I'm tired of this shit
>"this thing was perfect, you can't give any reasons why it wasn't because those are not legit/not developed/some other term that cancels out any fucking critique"
What can I possibly fucking say since you cockblocked me that my opinions are moot and that the pacing doesn't count? Fine whatever about the song, but the pacing was absolutely fucking horrible.
>>
>>91847187
How so? Telling you "nuh uh" would he an equally ineffective claim
>>
>>91847257
>if they hate bubbline they're fubblefags
shit tier meme

>they'll just find SOMETHING to complain about
sure sure, the enemy and all that
>>
File: 1429744134480.jpg (68KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1429744134480.jpg
68KB, 625x626px
>>91847242
>>
>>91846696
i'm not him but that is a reasonable assumption if you didn't mean that why didn't you use their names instead of describing the as lesbians as if ha had problem with the concept of lesbians and not their characters
>>
File: Double daterape.png (282KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Double daterape.png
282KB, 1000x800px
This thread seems to suffer from a serious lack of Fubblegum
>>
>>91847214
I remember thoroughly enjoying that episode after a dip in quality in Season 5
>>
File: 34262278_p4_master1200.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
34262278_p4_master1200.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
Disappointed in what this thread turned into but at least there was some good discussion earlier on
>>
File: hard spiders.jpg (183KB, 350x333px) Image search: [Google]
hard spiders.jpg
183KB, 350x333px
Will finn become king of oodle?
>>
>>91847373
Only in the comics
>>
>>91847322
>bubbline haters are always fubblegum
That's not what that post implies

They WILL find something to complain about because nothing will please them so long as bubbline exists. That's not a hypothetical claim either
>>
>>91847356
Blame the dumbass who got assblasted by being called someone who called someone a homophobe and wrote a story about their feefees.

>>91847373
what the fuck is oodle? yes he will be king of ooo
>>
>>91847075
ignore this guy anybody who has watch adventure time from the beginning knows that marceline is not allowed to hang out with finn anymore because she's a lesbian
>>
>>91847392
Because Marcygum is problematic. It has many issues surrounding it. Some reaching for straws some at the surface. I can sit here and explain them all but I'll cause a riot because people will assume I share or hate some of the reasons why.

It's not so much about this dumb "they WANT to hate SOMETHING" mentality that 4chan memes into existence, it's that 4chan is thousands of fucking people with thousands of different opinions that don't sync, find different issues that others overlook that are there, actual contrarians, actual baiters, easy to be assblasted faggots, etc.

4chan always does it though, they always group together people who say something they don't like as "contrarians" or some other "they don't actually mean it" route like baiting. It's usually what an argument starts from, assumed bait or such.
>>
>>91847213
I hate myself so why not I guess.
Plus I got the eps wrong, it was actually the episode where the bee tries to bone Finn after his deadbeat dad runs off with his arm for no good reasons cept to prove he's a bad parent.
This show get's better the farther it goes it would seem.
>>91847242
Finn's doomed to have an even more shit life than Mordecai and he's gonna get "a" girl by the end, Jake becoming an even worse character as the show goes on is not even news, I don't even know if it was on purpose but Jake led Finn down the path of self destruction with his outlook and actions towards life. I feel like that's what happened but I can also say that the shit writers really did it and Jake just so happened to be there
>>
>>91832972
It's a retarded meme*
FTFY
>>
>>91847312
name me one time that current marceline has done anything similar to fighting evil monsters for fun, running with wolves, going to a house party with ghost,and so on new

marceline isn't a wild child that love to adventure, fun, and pulling pranks on her friend she's an emo who get sad about being immortal how is that not complete 180 character change
>>
>>91847566
She's settling down and being a legit character now, being with friends and the like. Like when a guy grows old and gets a family and doesn't do what he used to. Stop searching for issues because you hate that she likes a girl dude.
>>
>>91847605
>becoming a legit character = becoming one thing and losing all the other stuff
She used to have many different things going on in her life. Hell, even the Simon stuff takes a backseat to her being PB's lover friend
>>
>>91830778
This
I hope it also means his alien DNA was enhanced so he can open a portal and meet his mom, though
>>
File: 1492894276385.gif (2MB, 263x175px) Image search: [Google]
1492894276385.gif
2MB, 263x175px
>>91847605
>Like when a guy grows old and gets a family and doesn't do what he used to
so what you're saying is that because of her relationship with bubblegum her character has completely changed IT'S ALMOST LIKE I JUST SAID THAT

and please don't try to argue that her character change was done well because then you have to believe that her relationship with bubblegum was done well and if you believe that you're delusional
>>
>>91847669
>mom
technically Joshua is his mom
>>
File: 1469621414444.png (113KB, 227x281px) Image search: [Google]
1469621414444.png
113KB, 227x281px
>>91847868
>>91847669
Nope Jake has two dads. The demon thing had a male laugh and it injected Jake's dad with semen in his forehead. Jake is the most progressive thing since Gerusters '95 Forte Magoinamoise landed on the potato planet in the Gay spaceship shaped like a penis in the TerafuMoogle movie. That of course was the most progressive thing since the comics where May fucked Julie during the 7 year voyage in the galactic cruiser sea. The games didn't take the progressive stance much, even though it could have with it's own unique storyline. Jake has two dads though, I don't see where you're getting the mother in this because that as is will be.
>>
File: 1471656345698.jpg (88KB, 685x388px) Image search: [Google]
1471656345698.jpg
88KB, 685x388px
>>91847868
Nothing of his relation to Jake makes him the mother. Mother has to have certain qualities that neither of the things had.

>>91847994
Potato planet?
>>
>>91847566
I can tell you bubbline isn't the reason for that happening: Rebecca Sugar is
>sad and emotional
Do you even watch the show?
>>
>>91848084
>carried Jake
>birthed Jake
>not Jake's mom
>>
>>91848135
Yes, in direct explanations he did the things a mother would do, but he was a brain baby without a womb or umbilical cord, or anything of that nature. Circumstances weren't the same at all, just down to core explanations in the sense Jake was implanted in him and came out of him. The same could be said vore wise.
>>
>>91848127
but Rebecca is the one who pushed bubbline and even if you could separate Rebecca from bubbline my point would still stand that marceline now is a completely different character from marceline then
>>
>>91848084
There are two males involved, but Shape-shifters reproduce in a hermaphrodite manner
>>
>>91848212
Marcy is different because Rebecca added emotion to her, that's a composition/division fallacy to suggests bubbline because it was Muto's idea too. And the change started in season 2, bubbline didn't happen until season 3
>>
Alright boys, picking the show back up so I can be ready when this show finally does end.
Continuing after "Breezy"
Before I get into this again, can anyone just tell me the absolute worst "x" character does before I run back into this.
Cinnabun effectively cucking Finn and Finn's dad bein an ass for no reason were enough for me, I'm not weak but I do get tired of bullcrap
Lay down the lowest points for me please
>>
File: 1492987026245.png (489KB, 640x603px) Image search: [Google]
1492987026245.png
489KB, 640x603px
>>91847450
But she is shown to hang out with Finn and Jake in Dark Purple, Daddy's Little Monster, and Simon & Marcy while bubbline was still a thing
>>
>>91847540
I agree
>>
>>91848335
The season 6 finale is underwhelming
>>
>>91837559
Yeah, it was. The hate for it baffles me.
>>
>>91848335
I also really disliked Breezy, but I think that it's the worst episode/thing to happen since then. And we're like 3 years later so it's been a pretty good role I feel.

Rest of season 6 is sort of eh with some standout episodes, I liked 7 more and 8 so far is pretty awesome. gl hf man
>>
>>91848335
Nothing too bad.
>>
>>91828002
That doesn't make it good.
>>
>>91848272
>added emotion to her=making her a emo
>>
>>91848342
1st off none of these episodes are specifically about the marceline and finn hanging out

2nd name me one episode where they share a similar amount of screen time where bubblegum is not involved as the episode where marceline tricked finn into thinking she had turned him or the episode where she made finn her servant and they fought those monsters together after bubbline

3rd when do you thick bubbline started?
>>
>>91849007
Marceline has barely got any focus since season 3. You can't pin that all on bubbline when that only really started in season 7. Truth is, the writers just stopped using her much.
>>
>>91849131
so the writer stop using her and when she came back she was a completely different character from who she was before

even if that's not bad writing which it is. my original point still stands that she is a completely different character from who she was before
>>
>>91849732
I'm a different anon, just making a point.
But I don't think Marceline is completely different, just mellowed out.
>>
>>91848404
>>91848443
>>91848586
Thanks for the input, not gonna lie I was expecting someone to set an orphanage on fire and cry about it but if it's smooth sailing I can do this just fine
>>
>>91849955
Not gonna say that AT is smooth sailing, crazy shit happens sometimes, but it's always fun and interesting enough for me to stick with it I think.
>>
>>91849922
>just mellowed out
i disagree but let's say that's true where was the transition and what was the catalyst?
>>
>>91850178
Fighting all those vampires again probably put her attitude towards life into perspective, and talking to Simon during his short period of sanity probably helped her get over her abandonment issues
>>
>>91850178
She got over her angst at PB, Simon and her dad. I think Finn and Jake played a big part in it too, being her friends and a stable part of her life.
>>
>>91850276
>>91850470
>Fighting all those vampires again
but they made her a emo before the vampires were free

>She got over her angst
what do you mean by angst because when i googled it this is what i got
>a feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.
if this is what you mean then marceline was never that yes she was insecure deep down but she was also a light-hearted joyful and adventurous person and all these characteristics are gone insteaks

can you explain to me where did they go and why are they gone?
>>
>bubblinefags getting a taste of why their ship is shit

>>91847330
Indeed
>>
>>91827840
and that she is far too self absorbed to be influenced, as finn said he would try to be in the slime.
>>
>>91847284
Examples on pacing being bad: 0 even to this day
>>
>>91853702
not him but the entire last episode where marceline goes from i don't care anymore to being fully determined in a matter of seconds
>>
>>91847535
>Jake
>Even worse

I think you just need to catch up before you make assumptions, bud.
>>
>>91852570
So are people choosing to ignore that Marceline was humming Greensleeves, which is a song about being a rejected lover? Unrequited love. I don't think PB really loves her like that anyway.
>>
>>91854693
I think people are reading into it too deeply. It's a popular Ice Cream Van tune.
>>
>>91854720
I disagree. People have no problem finding the most pointless shit to fuel Bubbline but the second something works against it everybody covers it up.
>>
>>91830488
>the ice king-betty "arc" got so close to resolution but the progress that was made felt a bit cheapened by betty's betrayal...

She tried harder than anyone could have expected her to, the influence of the crown is irreversible. She was going insane from a combination of magic and despair.

If she had of succeeded then her actions would have been justified (from her perspective at least).
>>
>>91854809
If you're right, then sucks to be Marceline.

"If you intend to be this way
It does the more enrapture me
And even so I still remain
A lover in captivity"
>>
Who else /camebacktotheshowafteryearsgonebyandisnowinloveagain/?
>>
>>91855151
>Finn and Marcy take turns raping PB in her bedroom
>>
>>91846297
>So you're agreeing with me then?
WOAH WOAH WOAH HOLD THE PHONE
>Smug loli pic
>>
>>91855297
I'm more of a /neverstoppedlovingtheshowevenwhenitwasshitandmademefeellikeanabusedspousebutIlovedittoomuchtodropitbutmypersistencehasbeenrewarded/ kinda guy
>>
Which elemental kingdom would you be apart of?

and why is it fire?
>>
>>91827771
We already seen LSP's kingdom so it kinda makes sense that the Void element would cancel out the others
>>
Wonder if Finn will now get fire powers after this?
>>
>>91854720
>Ice Cream Van
I've always heard them called ice cream trucks. An ice cream van sounds like it would almost exclusively be driven by child molesters.
>>
File: beavis.gif (105KB, 403x469px) Image search: [Google]
beavis.gif
105KB, 403x469px
>>91857156
'Cuase like if I were on fire all the time no one would want to punch me or they'd get burned, and like I could just hold on a pot and cook food with it. Then I could go BURN DOWN A WHOLE FOREST AND IF ANY HIPPIES WANT TO STOP ME I'LL BURN THEM TO! Hmhmhehehe
>"Uh, calm down Bea-
AND THEN I'LL GO BURN DOWN THE SCHOOL AND BURN ALL THE TEACHERS IN IT! AND IF THE COPS TRY TO STOP ME I'LL BURN THEM AND THE ARMY! HMHHEHEHE YEAH YEAH YEAH! FIIIIRE FIIIIIRE YOU'RE ALL GONNA BUUUUUUUURN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
>>
>>91857407
Depends on where you're from. I'm from New Zealand.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_cream_van
>>
I'll give you all the perfect reason to hate Stakes.
I'M GONNA POOP MY PANTS
>>
>>91858609
Counter-argument: Marceline looks cute with pigtails.
>>
>>91858609
Jesus Christ don't remind me of all the stupid fucking toilet humor that was in there for some reason
>all those fucking burp jokes with Finn and Jake
WHY
>>
>>91858671
I mean anon was just joking and you're both just picking around, but I'm going to say it anyway
a cute scene doesn't change other dumb shit that happened, i know it's a moot point in this case because neither of you are taking it as an argument but fuck I can't believe how many people on /co/ say "but there was this cute scene" in regards to defending something.

>>91858676
Was there? haven't seen it since the leaks and the only other thing i remember was the sound effect talking thing when they're with the vamp king
>>
>>91858737
I remember there being a decent amount but I also haven't watched it since it aired so I can't remember any specifics beside the stupid burping.
>>
>>91858676
I remember the burp scene with Marceline's dream sequence, but I can't think of anything else.
>>
>>91826585
>>91830016
Oh shit, jake is an alien!
>>
oops i accidental elemental

TRA LA LA LA
>>
>>91829603
not sure if this is a good critique. Complex and irritating female characters that are sympathetic is a new and bold and good direction to write in.

More realistic.
>>
What are Adventure Time fans caIIed?
>>
>>91859532
homosexuals usually
>>
>>91827541
At this point I'm just watching for the Lich.

There hasn't been a Lich episode for who knows how long, so I haven't been watching at all.

>>91838759
>abandons AT, goes wrassling

Good man.
>>
>>91859532
Manchildren
Dweebs
Hipsters
Tryhards
Tumblrtards
Milennials
Weird
>>
>>91838759
>Same for Magic Man.
We'll have to wait and see for that one, but it is a shame he left.
>>
>>91859532
ATimers by retards
>>
>>91859839
thats just a tumblr thing so at stuff is easier to tag
>>
Reminder Jake pissed inside a living creature and the creature was fine with it
>>
>>91858844
What a great moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNN3gzKi5c
>>
>>91844151
Ending it 4 seasons earlier.
>>
File: Visited by an angel.gif (20KB, 469x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Visited by an angel.gif
20KB, 469x1535px
>fucking love LSP and find everything about her hilarious
>get Elements
11/10 miniseries for me
>>
eh, I still found Islands, even Stakes more entertaining than this. But it was still good miniseries though.
>>
>>91858671
Marceline is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>91857618
>>
>>91855321
i could get behind this
>>
File: 1492965007830.png (2MB, 1920x2086px) Image search: [Google]
1492965007830.png
2MB, 1920x2086px
>>91862173
Yeah, but Marshmaline is cuter.
lewds when?
>>
Were Tree Trunks and Mr. Pig not given pun names?
>>
Who else is ready for reformed Hunson?
https://finnthehelper.tumblr.com/post/153237282975/important
>>
i like that lsp finally has some kind of relevance, however, the entire thing was drawn out way too long for no good reason. the slime and fire episodes could've easily been condensed into one and cloudy was just kinda unnecessary.

ice king was behaving weird. for a moment, i thought that maybe without the ice elemental power or something, he was reverting back to simon just a little bit only for betty to mess him up again or something, but that seemed like it went nowhere.

lets hope that sweetpeas horn regenerating has some kind of significance at least.

not the worst, but definitely not the best either
>>
>>91828483
betty is crazy now. she's basically magicman but with the faint notion of wanting this person called simon back.

she's not betty with magicman powers. she's a lunatic with just a faint notion of betty left.
eventually, she'll probably don't even know why she has to go back in time or undo the iceking or whatever and just do it because she's been doing that for as long as she's been crazy.

she'll be back to normal once the magic man powers are gone, at which point she will probably regret the things she said about iceking and go back to working on it in a different way, if she can.
for the moment, you're not supposed to sympathize with her, but to pity her not unlike you were meant to pity the ice king when we got the first hints of his previous life.
>>
>>91864468
>she'll be back to normal once the magic man powers are gone
there's a chance she's going to go on a magical never ending space journey or get transported to the 37th deadworld as shown on mars at the end there
>>
>>91830016
Ayy Lmao
>>
File: Fern Masterrace 2.0.png (452KB, 2000x1860px) Image search: [Google]
Fern Masterrace 2.0.png
452KB, 2000x1860px
>>91845541
>>
>>91865231
but he couldn't outgum PB

how can he cuck anyone when he got cucked himself by gum anon?
>>
>>91865421
I don't think anyone in the candy kingdom and 1/4th of the land asked to get assblasted by a massive gum dick
>>
>>91865477
Fern definitely got his nonexistant ass and dick blasted that's for sure. No pussy for him
>>
>>91843211
Just watch Cloudy my dude
>>
>>91843211
You might as well ask them to make a new episode.
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.