[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what would the Adam West Batman do in this scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (1018KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1018KB, 1280x720px
what would the Adam West Batman do in this scene?
>>
Use his batphone to call for a better script.
>>
File: jim gordon.jpg (8KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
jim gordon.jpg
8KB, 279x181px
>>91815826
Rape.
>>
>>91815899
fpbp
>>
>>91815826
Anti Superman spray.
>>
>>91815826
Well he wouldn't find himself in this situation because West Batman isn't a homicidal maniac.
>>
>>91815973
this
>>
>>91815973
>>91816072
you guys are retarded, the movie wasnt making Batman being homicidal a good/regular thing. Even Alfred threatened to leave him over it.
>>
>>91816349

It's quite telling that it went over so many peoples head that up to the last thirty minutes this movie unambigously played Batman as a, however somewhat sympathetic, bad guy.
>>
>>91815826
He would have already figured out what was truly happening and sent Robin off to retrieve Martha, while making a point of letting Supes know that this is all for show and that Lex won't get away with anything.
I don't have it, but someone did a very nice greentext of how this would go down (with Reeves' Superman, too)
>>
>>91815973
Adam west batman killed his joker
>>
>>91816569

Because he never gets a rebuttle. We are just supposed to consider Supermans position the superior one despite the fact that the bat raises some legitimate points about the risks of Superman, and he is far from alone in doing so. Every chance the movie has for Supes to make a counterargument, he just looks moodily off into the distance instead. Yes, Batman is being an asshole. But not any more so than the rest of the people in the movie. It comes off less that the Bat is a bad guy, and more that the setting is just kind of a shitty place.
>>
>>91816749

well he was Mexican
>>
>>91816769

Well, I mean, it is but it's still obvious that his and Lex's ressentments towards Superman are mostly based on things they project onto him. That's one of the themes of the movie. Everyone project something onto Superman, either the image of what's almost a messianic figure or that of an evil alien invader when he's really just a kinda sad, insecure guy trying to use his powers responsibly.

Sure, a l9t of that could have been avoided if he just gave an interview once in a while but even then the movie made it quite clear that the media had already made up its mind in how to depict him.
>>
>>91816749
Accidentally in a fit of rage because of Alfred's death and he gave up being Batman because of that and it's not even canon

Superman didn't do anything that serious to Batman in BvS
>>
>>91816749
What?
>>
>>91816984
Its easy to project on a blank slate.

The most "human" thing he does in that movie, the bathtub thing, was fucking creepy. It wasn't something out of character for the robot kid in AI.

Nobody in the movie is actually relatable or enviable. I think that's why most people dislike it so much, you don't want to be that Superman or Batman but you don't feel like you relate to them either. People by contrast will overlookthe flaws of something like Captain America because you want to be Steve, or overlook the flaws of the first Superman movie because you want to be the Jimmy Olsen to that Clark Kent.
>>
>>91816349
>>91816569
>He's a homicidal maniac
>No, he's a homicidal maniac who's in the wrong

That doesn't prove the point wrong, morons.
>>
File: 1434448955909.jpg (27KB, 402x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434448955909.jpg
27KB, 402x600px
>>91815899
fpbp also checked
>>
>>91817176

I don't think they are meant to be. They've both had lifes that are pretty different from what any of us are probably gonna experience. But with both of them I got what their deal was. Batman was a deeply disturbed vigilante who became increasingly unhinged after every personal loss he lived through and Superman... well, the central point of his character was "with great power comes great responsibility". And very few people have greater power than him so very few people have to take as much responsibility. I thought he was sympathetic, in his way, as a guy trying to fit in in a world where everyone sees him as either a god or an alien invader. I also liked him when we saw him just as Clark Kent, still trying to do good as a journalist. Though I will say that it could have used a bit more of him just being Clark.
>>
>>91816769
>>91816984

>Every chance the movie has for Supes to make a counterargument, he just looks moodily off into the distance instead.

Provide some examples. Also we saw in MoS him giving an interview and in BvS bruce mentions that there has been multiple pieces written about Superman.

At this point in Superman's life he stopped giving interviews for the same reason OJ Simpson did, everyone already made up their mind about Superman and no matter what he says thats not changing.

He wasnt even going to go to the court hearing until Lois convinced him too because he ultimately doesnt care what the world thinks of him at that point, he was just going to keep saving people regardless.

>>91817176

>The most "human" thing he does in that movie, the bathtub thing, was fucking creepy. It wasn't something out of character for the robot kid in AI.

So you've never had a GF then? I've done similar things with my gf, not that exact thing, but jumping into a pool with all my clothes on. Its cute.

>Nobody in the movie is actually relatable or enviable.

I very much disagree. While I cant relate to the villains or superhuman aspects of the movie, I can sympathize with Superman, Batman, and even Luthor at times.

As for Superman's human side, I find it very relatable, especially how much he cares about Lois.

How do you not scenes like this relatable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VFCfx_rKbI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRfpZD2ggx0

Did you never have a mom?
>>
>>91817079
batman '66 crossover with wonder woman '77 with '77 bruce retired after he killed joker
>>
>>91817332
>Though I will say that it could have used a bit more of him just being Clark.

They had more of that in the extended cut, and I really like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVhZiTPwAgg
>>
>>91817277
It does when people are saying "Adam West's Batman isn't a homicidal mainaic" implying that Batfleck is one normally. The movie makes it clear that him being homicidal is not how he normally is and portrays it as a bad thing.

Do you lack reading comprehension?
>>
File: Reeve_West.jpg (758KB, 1899x2794px) Image search: [Google]
Reeve_West.jpg
758KB, 1899x2794px
>>91815826
We've all seen the screencap, so I'm not sure what you're trying to discuss.
>>
>>91817393

I know, it's the only one I've seen, I liked the whole section about him going to Gotham and investigating Batman and the argument he had with Perry White. One of my favourite parts, actually. He needed more scenes interacting with people who arent Lois.
>>
>>91817494
Yeah I agree.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QXKzpX5A-I
>>
File: frycard.jpg (280KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
frycard.jpg
280KB, 1280x960px
>>91817560
>Doomsday is Herman Munster
>>
>>91816984
If Clark would stop acting so austere he'd mitigate 80% of that behavior easily. That's the problem; for all the times people go "Clark is bummed out because people treat him like a god" he's not actually having friendly chats with cops or visiting sick orphans or doing things that would actually endear him to people.

If you constantly act standoffish you can't then whine that people don't get you. And it's pretty telling that all those little sociable things that make him accepted in other incarnations get derided as being "campy shit for babies" by Snyder fans.
>>
>>91817379
>At this point in Superman's life he stopped giving interviews for the same reason OJ Simpson did
And you don't think it's a little fucked up you're able to compare Superman to OJ Simpson and have it be so fitting?

I mean yeah, sure "not muh superman" and all but come on. OJ?
>>
>>91817802
>If Clark would stop acting so austere

give some examples. You are autistic if you think all a person has to do to change the public opinion is talk.

>for all the times people go "Clark is bummed out because people treat him like a god" he's not actually having friendly chats with cops or visiting sick orphans or doing things that would actually endear him to people.

Because he has only been Superman for two years and people already view him as a god. He has had interviews (as seen in MoS and talked about in BvS) and those obviously havent done anything to mitigate the problem.

>If you constantly act standoffish you can't then whine that people don't get you

literally the first thing he did as Superman was be interviewed by Lois.
> And it's pretty telling that all those little sociable things that make him accepted in other incarnations get derided as being "campy shit for babies" by Snyder fans.

Literally no one has said this, way to act like a paranoid child. And we do get this stuff in MoS. Or did you miss him talking to all the military personnel? Or just forget?

Not every incarnation of Superman needs that all the time, hell Reeves Superman didnt really talk to anyone outside of Lois either while he was first being Superman.
>>
>>91817847
jesus christ are you dense, its not all fucked up. If you had any level of reading comprehension you would know I wasnt comparing their deeds you fucking idiot, just that in the same way that nothing OJ is going to say is going to get you to change your mind on him, no one is going to change their mind on Superman based on what he says. The thing that DOES get everyone to change their minds is his actions, his sacrifice.
I could have made a similar comparison to Jesus, if someone believes in jesus no matter what you or anyone else says they arent going to suddenly stop. Shit, if Jesus came down and actually told them to stop, they would probably just see it as a test.
>>
They end up bonding when realizing they both like using the word 'chum'
>>
>>91817847
>hurr durr he mentioned a murder in the same sentence as Superman, isnt that fucked!!!

ARE YOU A CHILD?
>>
>>91818036
>he thinks they bonded over martha

you dumb ass, thats the opposite of what happened. When Superman says Martha, Batman chokes him even harder.
>>
>>91817419
He was still a homicidal maniac in THAT fucking moment, retard.
>>
File: 1491872955475.jpg (519KB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1491872955475.jpg
519KB, 1988x1528px
>>91817079
>>
>>91818052
So? Again, learn to read.

This sentence, the one I was replying to, reads:

"Well he wouldn't find himself in this situation because West Batman isn't a homicidal maniac."

Which implies that poster thinks Batfleck is always a homicidal maniac. If they thought he was just being one in that moment, then their sentence would make no sense because West Batman is just as capable of temporarily becoming a homicidal maniac as any other incarnation of Batman.
>>
>>91817027
>Superman didn't do anything that serious to Batman in BvS

Congrats, you figured out what the movie kept hammering away at over and over again: that Batman's hate of Superman is irrational.
>>
>>91818117
Not him, but are you autistic by any chance?
>>
>>91818158
>knowing how to properly read sentences is autistic

go to bed pajeet
>>
>>91818158
>HURR DURR HE IS AUTISTIC

Holy shit you are a child.
>>
>>91818206
I already am. It's comfy here.

>>91818220
>autistic tantrum
Perhaps you're the autist instead.
>>
>>91815826
>Batman stabs Superman and kills him.
>Lex Luthor appears and dances in glee around the pair while screaming "I DID IT! I KILLED GOD!"
>Batman looks at him and says "Not so fast Luthor, I saw through your cunning ploy! Your plot has been foiled!"
>Lex pauses and goes "What?!?"
>Batman replies "It was obvious that another force was pitting Superman and I against one another in a pitiful attempt to undo all of our heroic deeds! By simply looking into the background of the criminals that were carrying the Kryptonite I discovered that you were the fiendish financial funder of their villainous deeds across Africa and Europe in a foul attempt to slander Superman!"
>Lex "You did? But you stabbed him!"
>Batman "I used a fake collapsable kryptonite spear coated in my trusty Bat-Kryptonian knockout spray to fool you into believing I had murdered Superman. Thanks to the trusty Bat-locator I placed on Martha Kent's person earlier I was able to locate her before this fight and rescue her!"
>Batman sprays Superman with a bottle labeled "Bat-Kryptonian knockout spray antidote"
>Batman: "Wake up chum, this slanderous coward has been trying to pit our might against one another in an attempt to see the forces of evil triumph!"
>Superman wakes up and immediately breaks Lex's neck because he is Snyder grim and dark Superman... ROLL CREDITS!
>>
>Thousands of people are dying and I could save some if I were Batman but I gotta drive this Jeep so they can afford to pay me
>Fuck you Superman I'm the only one allowed to kill people
>MARTHA?!

At least Bruce realized he was being a stupid asshole after Superman's somewhat unnecessary sacrifice.
Granted if Superman hadn't been an autist the whole movie none of that would've happened
But Autist Superman led to Asshole Batman which coincidentally gave them the means to beat Doomsday

So the entire film hinged upon the characters being unlikable.

Still enjoyed the autismals fighting more than shitty Wonder Woman and Doomsday
>>
>>91818117
Batfleck kills people without any hint of hesitation or remorse throughout the film. He is absolutely a homicidal maniac.
>>
File: 1460043348483.jpg (284KB, 943x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1460043348483.jpg
284KB, 943x1476px
>>91817976
>You are autistic if you think all a person has to do to change the public opinion is talk.
>>91818018
>>91818018
>no one is going to change their mind on Superman based on what he says. The thing that DOES get everyone to change their minds is his actions,
Which is why maybe once in a while he should do something like pic related..It's not just talking, it's an action.. It'd be a better PR move than just flying off.

But I've clearly awoken the anons that just screech and yell about autism and how nobody understands if you don't suck Snyder dick so whatevs.
>>
>>91818018
>if someone believes in jesus no matter what you or anyone else says they arent going to suddenly stop
That's not true though. There are plenty of people that were christian and then converted to atheism and vice versa.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.