[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justice League New 52: schway or shwarbage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 9090990909.jpg (363KB, 594x884px) Image search: [Google]
9090990909.jpg
363KB, 594x884px
Does the New 52 Justice League series get good?

I'm a HUGE fan of the franchise - Morrison's JLA, the DCAU series, the 2006-era Brad Meltzer run, Superfreinds, JLI, and the original silver age series; these are my favorite superhero stories.

When the New 52 came out, I was massively disappointed by Geoff John's initial story. I just thought it was forgettable and uninteresting, and pulled back from the (then) current books. Made it through like, 7 issues.

Recently a close friend told me that the New 52 era book (Justice League Volume 2) really does pick up, and eventually becomes a quality book worth reading.

Is he full of shit? What's the consensus?

The current Justice League titles are boring me, and I need my fix. I'm incredibly happy with Rebirth as a whole, but the void in my heart needs some quality time with the League.

What do you guys think? Waste of time?
>>
>>91815808
I enjoyed it overall. First volume is pretty standard intro for the league, it serves a purpose despite its flaws. I liked many of the story arcs which followed including Darkseid War (which I know many on /co/ didn't like) but it was such a grand, sprawling, cosmic heavy storyline that I couldn't help but enjoy it.
>>
>>91815808
Its alright but probably out of canon now.
>>
>>91816038
Homie I don't give a fuuuck about canon.

If you follow DC long enough, everything you know and love will be ejected from canon at some point.

With Rebirth going on now, I'm in heaven - the Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint era is my favorite, especially the material published from 99-2011; now all that shit is back on the table.

Canon is one of those things that I have a bunch of fun studying, but doesn't effect my enjoyment of a story at all. I'm not gonna avoid a great issue from 1977 just because some Crisis or another retconned it.
>>
>>91815808
Sub-mediocre at first, has some interesting things as it goes along. Forever Evil's probably the peak of the series. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you.
>>
>>91816013
That's reassuring. I really dug the art, but the writing in those first few initial issues bored the shit outta me; maybe I was just being to harsh on it.

I got some serious whiplash on the roster change, too. Going back to the "Classic 7" members, but switching J'onn out for Cyborg was fucking terrible.
>>
>>91816223
Most of that stuff isnt back in. It's the 80s plus some 90s stuff for superman.
>>
>>91816381
I think the problem is that the first volume wasn't originally intended to be made. The Graves story was supposed to be the one Johns and Lee would start with (it was going to happen after Robinson finished up), but then the New 52 was mandated and so they went back and did the Darkseid story as also a brief intro to the New 52 versions of the characters, and I assumed also changed things in the Graves story as well to fit with the new continuity.
>>
it's pretty dumb
>>
Its better than Meltzer's run imo
Overall Johns just had too many ideas that he never got to touch on
>>
>>91815808
It's mostly pretty bad.
Downright shit for a while, then gets okay around Forever Evil before turning back to shit for Darkseid War.
>>
>>91815808
Throne of Atlantis is decent. That's it.
>>
>>91817324
how can one anon have such shit taste
>>
>>91817871
Meltzer's run was shit.
>>
>>91818135
The shit with Red Tornado and Amazo and whatnot? That's miles ahead of any of the N52 garbage
>>
>>91818366
God no.

It MIGHT be better than Villain's Journey, but even Origin surpasses it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.