[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret Empire FCBD Ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 24

File: 1492991354029.jpg (105KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492991354029.jpg
105KB, 1080x1080px
>Nazis and Norse gods, right? LMAO
Spencer going for subtlety. Who's getting fired and when, /co/?
>>
>>91809721
>MARVEL IS SAYING THAT THE NAZIS ARE WORTHY. THEY'RE SAYING THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THE HOLOCAUST.
>>
I guess i'll have to read the issue... but... why/how did this happen? poor Odinson. He's going to be a laughing stock for the next year or so. I'm 90% sure he's going to be jobbed in his own movie... and everyone in Thor comics will have a hammer but him...
>>
>>91809721
Either his head is way too large here or his arms are too small
>>
>>91809721
Someone get to Kirby's grave.Convert the RPM into electricity and we would'nt have to worry about energy for years.
>>
According to those few anons actually reading the current Thor comic the hammer has been acting strangely for a while. And ScanBro said that it's like it drops itself in the issue IIRC.

So it's probably the hammer that's corrupted rather than Steve being worthy. That'll come way too late to prevent outrage upon outrage though.
>>
>>91810571
Spencer's clearly going for outrage, and he'll likely complain about the backlash too.
>>
>>91810623
Spencer reminds me of that one image of the guy sticking a pipe into his own bike and blaming someone else when he eats shit.
>>
File: hhe.png (893KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hhe.png
893KB, 1080x1080px
>>91809721
>>
Is the issue out? Is there a scanbro thread?
>>
>>91810571
Thor's hammer hasn't been acting strange. It's a sentient super-storm. It knows exactly what it is doing. It can even perform surgery.

I don't know what happens in FCBD, but this is either somone wasn't paying attention to what was going on in Thor or this is just showing that Mjolnr has an extremely perverse sense of humor. Odin was right. Lock the hammer away.
>>
>>91810641
Basically, yeah.

>>91810623
Honestly if Spencer had no social media account I think this event would have been a 1000 times better received. He's almost autistic in his refusal to accept criticism and his double-think position.

Think back to the "DC Rebirth double-shipping is extortion and promoting harmful conservative values" vs. "Marvel double-shipping is setting up cash stores for diversity books that really matter" Spencer is a fucking loon.
>>
>>91810681
>Thor's hammer hasn't been acting strange. It's a sentient super-storm. It knows exactly what it is doing. It can even perform surgery.
Fuck Aaron.
>>
>>91810623
How is that even outrage worthy? Everyone knows Cap is pretty fucking close to worthy.
>>
>>91809721
>>91810660
That hammer sure has some weird definitions of being worthy
>>91810681
>Thor's hammer hasn't been acting strange. It's a sentient super-storm
No it's not

It's a sentient super space storm
>>
>>91810707
You know the old Thor is getting a hammer and coming back into the book, right?
>>
>>91810710
He's currently a Facist who's killed a bunch of people in cold blood.
>>
>>91810710
Even when he plots the deaths of heroes in order to promote his fascist views?
>>
>>91810730
>>91810739
When you consider Odin has been an asshole for the past, what? Forever? It fits.
>>
File: sluts3.gif (284KB, 108x147px) Image search: [Google]
sluts3.gif
284KB, 108x147px
>>91810694
I can almost guarantee that if Spencer acted like the average DC employee does on twitter and just said something like, "Just wait, you'll see where I'm going," way more people would at least give it a chance. Unfortunately, he autistically screeches almost every time he uses it.
>>
>>91810727
When is this? He put down ultimate mjolnr and someone else picked up the ultimate mjolnir.

I hope thor gets his hammer back. but I don't see it happening for a while.
>>
>>91809721
There's already rumors of Marvel Studios sending negative headlines about the comics division up the corporate ladder, and that the no-events mandate came down from Disney.

If Secret Empire isn't a huge hit I expect the heads to finally start rolling soon after.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>91810804
I dunno, in the Marvel panel at C2E2 they showed Odinson with a hammer, and a third thor.

>>91810828
>no-events mandate
What?
>>
>>91810856
Marvel has said they're not doing any line wide events for a year plus after Secret Empire is over.
>>
>>91810779
Its pretty obviously the comics equivalent of Bait. This isnt to make a good story, but just to make people angry.
>>
>>91810779
Odin goes back and forth. It was more a Fraction thing that made Odin seem bad. The thing is, Odin was 100% right-- the hammer is dangerous without the enchantment.

Now that I think about it-- Spencer has a point. let's look at Mjolnir--
Mjolnr was semi-sentient super-storm that decided to destroy asgard for kicks and odin stopped it. Aaron says the storm could blow galaxies off course. So it bided its time and pretended that it was just a hammer, calling to Thor from time to time because it wanted to be free. Its under enchantment to not be lifted by anyone who isn't worthy. But in all the times the universe was in danger the hammer never once gave thor the benefit of any of its powers.

Then when Thor is at its weakest moment it lets jane pick it up. Jane then precedes to get into fights with Odin, leading Cul (who destroyed the world tree before) in charge of asgard and Odin and Freya on the Disable List.

Next thing you know it goes to Steve Rogers once he goes hail hydra. Mjolnr has a taste for dictators and destroying asgard. Everything according to its plan. If it is ever free it probably will destroy the milky way.
>>
PRO
BLE
MATIC

Can't wait for the thinkpieces
>>
>>91810856
Okay cool. Glad to hear.
>>
>>91810910
Fucking finally. Though a year doesn't really seem that long. They used to do events yearly, didn't they?
>>
>>91809721
Aaron ("the Serpent's Crown is just a paperweight") and Spencer making Mjolnir into a joke.
>>
How has /pol/ not found this thread yet
>>
>>91810972
>Aaron ("the Serpent's Crown is just a paperweight")
What? When did that happen?
>>
>>91809721

Nope.
Nope.
No. no. no no. no. No.

No.

This isn't real.
>>
>>91810994
Because the comic isn't officially out and most places aren't reporting on it. They'll find out soon enough once the SJWs start their outrage.
>>
>>91810995
In Aaron's Last Days of Magic arc in his Doctor Strange comic.
>>
The best thing about this is that with the double and even triple shipping of this event and the general timeline of comic production, Marvel has no choice now but to see this train derail into a fiery explosion. This is going to completely alienate the casual audience even more already who have been told by every outlet other than comics that Hydra are Nazis and you need to be a good and worthy to pick up Thor's hammer. This event is going to poison whatever reset initative Marvel is trying to push with Generations and Legacy. Secret Empire and Spencer have no business being the linewide event and it should have been relegated to something smaller and contained. People need to be fucking fired.
>>
>>91811022
ppppfffffbbttt what a hack
>>
>>91809721
They got Jae Lee to draw this shit?
>>
>>91810660
I know this is an edit but still...Whor explained.
>>
Honest question, do people expect Capt's numbers to drop for years because of this bullshit? Kinda like with OMD?
>>
>>91810856
>odinson

Which one? Balder, Loki? Or do you mean fucking Thor.
>>
>>91811115
>Or do you mean fucking Thor
Yes, I mean Thor because he is literally just fucking called Odinson now and has been since Original Sin.
>>
Wait do you guys hate this because story wise it's stupid, because it's spencer, or are you all legitimately mad that a hydra agent can pick up the hammer? I'm indifferent to it and I guess I'll see where Spencer is taking it
>>
>>91811133
You understand my confusion though. Odinson is the last name of Odin's children. Just like Odin was Borson.
>>
>>91810923
>leading Cul (who destroyed the world tree before) in charge of asgard)
hey don't blame that shit on the hammer or Jane, that's all on Loki.
>>
>>91811150
I'm mad because we are going to 4 years of Thor getting buttfucked by this fucking hammer when he is in his most humble phase ever, while you have people being "worthy" left and right without a clear definition of worthiness.
>>
>>91811181
I mean, I guess, if you haven't opened a comic with Thor in it since before Original Sin.
>>
So this is like Injustice but canon, right?
>>
>>91811150
I hate it because it's clear that Marvel has no self awareness or long term vision. They've already alienated a large segment of their fans with the shit they've been publishing and their antics on social media. This event has already turned the casual audience off, especially since their current storyline on AoS is "Hydra are totally Nazis guys!" This is going to look nothing to them but "Marvel is endorsing Nazis for shock value!" And all this is righg before a major publishing initative to get lapsed readers back but everyone is rightfully calling a half assed insencere Rebirth. SE is already getting bitchslapped by Batman and Superman books in both BC's bestseller list and the Comixology rankings. Prior to Rebirth, DC did nothing like this to continue to alienate their readers. This is like backing up a petrolium truck into a burning house.
>>
>>91811362
Also without the YARGH, any kind of butlerings, or the charm
>>
>>91811115
Loki is Laufeyson
>>
>>91810520
>and everyone in Thor comics will have a hammer but him...
That already happened, it was called Fear Itself.
>>
>>91810994
/pol/ doesn't care.
>>
File: 45546456645.jpg (82KB, 836x1280px) Image search: [Google]
45546456645.jpg
82KB, 836x1280px
>>91809721
Seen it and done it better.
>>
>>91810681
>It's a sentient super-storm. It knows exactly what it is doing. It can even perform surgery.
I remember back to the Go Butcher saga and I wonder what my reaction would be if someone said to me that Jason Aaron's run has to be retconned out of existence.
>>
>>91811082
Andrea Sorrentino, IIRC
>>
>>91810730
Did you forget that Wonder Woman is considered Worthy.
>>
>>91811721
She is no fascist.

She is an ambassador, for fucks sake.
>>
>>91810537
It's the arms. Def way too small
>>
>>91811721
All the people she killed were evil dicks and outside Max Lord were killed in battle. HydraCap threw Jack Flag out a plane and had a bunch of SHEILD guys shot when they weren't looking.

And given Norse Mythology's boner for honor the duplicity and betrayal wouldn't put him in good standing anyway.
>>
>>91809721
I still haven't heard any good reason why Hydra Cap shouldn't be worthy.
>>
>>91811545
Right there with you, Anon. God Butcher arc was amazing, it's amazing how far someone can fall due to ideology.
>>
>>91811889
Concentration camps for Mutants and Inhumans.
>>
>>91811889
You must be one of these guys that jerk off thinking of Hitler.
>>
>>91811950
How does that make him less worthy? Remember, worthiness isn't about good or evil.
>>
>>91812002
What makes him worthy?
>>
>>91812014
The same thing that made him worthy before, he's a grade AAA warrior with a solid conviction, even now more than ever since the fucker is fighting against the world and he still doesn't buckle under the weight.
>>
>>91812052
>grade AAA warrior with a solid conviction
Literally every super-hero.

Isn't Thor a grade AAA warrior with a solid conviction? He can't lift the hammer.

Isn't Odin the same? He also can't.

Was Jane Foster ever one of these things? Well, she can.

Your definition doesn't fit.
>>
>>91812052
Does that mean anyone can pick up the hammer? Can Cyclops lift the hammer?
>>
>>91812137
If fucking red hulk can anyone can
>>
File: kurit.jpg (281KB, 1280x799px) Image search: [Google]
kurit.jpg
281KB, 1280x799px
>>91812166
I fucking forgot about that.
>>
>>91810910

Good. Events should be special. Not a yearly staple.

>>91810923

Why is modern Marvel so terrible?
>>
>>91812102
Despite saying so, Thor and Odin still feel they're Gods or God-like. The closest they're getting to picking up that hammer is watching Shaq star in Steel.
>>
>>91811068

Actually, in context that makes sense. The Serpent Crown is a magical artifact, and the Empir-
The Empirik -

Yeah, okay, he's a hack.

>>91811104

Hmmm, it is kind of like that, isn't it? Except Cap didn't go into this willingly, he basically was raped.

Odd. They have never reverted OMD. That means they'll probably never do it now. Peter is always going to have made a deal with the Devil. Forever.
>>
File: Dessak.jpg (64KB, 322x470px) Image search: [Google]
Dessak.jpg
64KB, 322x470px
>>91811909
>God Butcher arc was amazing

Every time I see someone saying this I just wonder.

The art was amazing. The story was shite. In my opinion, anyway.

Also, didn't we already have a - ?
>>
>>91812102
Eh, Thor's inability to lift the hammer apparently has nothing to do with actually being worthy. He believes he's unworthy, so he can't lift the hammer. Its a reverse-Dumbo mental block.
>>
>NEXT ISSUE
>Spider-Man's web shooters? Nazi.
>Hawkeye's bow? Nazi.
>Reed Richards' diary? Nazi.
>Kid Nova? Finds out the message board he posts on makes him a Nazi.
>Crossbones? Rethinks being a Nazi now that Cap is one because no one remembers whether or not Crossbones is alive anymore.
>>
>>91811104
I think we'll just have to wait and see what the hell happens in this event. I do think the PR coming from it alone is going to be a nightmare.

Remember, these events are trying to get casuals to jump in. It's really clear that casuals think Hydra=Type of Nazi analogue. So when a casual doesn't follow what's happened before this event thinks Cap is a Nazi, I don't think it's going to end well. This also goes with him lifting Thor's hammer. They at least understand that you need to be some sort of heroic person to lift it. Nazis aren't depicted as heroic types. They're usually scumbags, cowardly, and corrupt. So I don't think it'll get that casual boost most events get.
>>
>>91812375
>Kid Nova? Finds out the message board he posts on makes him a Nazi.

That would happen to Sam
>>
>>91810678
Scanbro spoiled it like a week ago, but without this image, and it was in a The Button thread so no one paid attention to it.
>>
>>91809721
What do we whisper in his ear to make him unworthy?
>>
>>91812532
Futa is gay
>>
>>91812532
Stucky is endgame
>>
>>91812532
Flag-Smasher was right
>>
File: 1462068924002.jpg (76KB, 465x405px) Image search: [Google]
1462068924002.jpg
76KB, 465x405px
>>91812560
delete this
>>
Is Spencer some kind of a neo nazi and puts on a facade of supporting Clinton but actually is a Trump supporter? Is Secret Empire his endgame?
>>
>>91810492
Well it's about time that someone said that.
>>
>>91809721
Is this by Nick Spencer or Richard Spencer?
>>
>>91812789
It's by Nick "don't punch the Nazi, also Hydra ain't Nazi" Spencer.
>>
>>91812736
Nah, the point is to write a Zemo redemption arc and reset him back to anti-hero mode. You're overthinking it.
>>
File: blonde_slut_eating_popcorn.gif (2MB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
blonde_slut_eating_popcorn.gif
2MB, 300x345px
We know from yesterday that tumblr and twitter found out about it. Where are my outrage screencaps? I want them.
>>
>>91812396

Exactly. The easy maths that 99% of new readers are going to do here is:

>Hydra are Nazis
>Only good people can lift Mjolnir
>Captain America is Hydra now
>QED, Marvel are openly saying Nazis are good people.

And I can't even blame them for thinking that! It's a fairly easy and obvious train of thought.
>>
>>91811540
6'0" man standing beside 5'11" man.
>>
>>91810520
>poor Odinson.

That's Jane Foster's hammer. Meaning she'll be unworthy.
>>
>>91811889
Vikings held honorable combat in high honor. Hydra Cap is a pussy who never actually has fought his own battles. Why would he get a weapon to fight his battles with when it's easier just to have someone else do it for him. Would make more sense to have Thor work for him.
>>
>>91811374
>This event has already turned the casual audience off

Good.
>>
>>91809721

Ugh!

I can't. I'm literally shaking right now.

*sigh*
>>
>>91810923
>the uru jew
>>
File: nfw2fi0.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
nfw2fi0.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>91809721
>Jane Foster is now unworthy.

Good, fuck that bitch.
>>
>>91812265
>Odd. They have never reverted OMD. That means they'll probably never do it now.

No, what they've been doing in the past is doubling down over it and quietly trying hard not to refer to it (excepting OMIT) up until the last two years. Notice how there was barely any media attention (outside of comics media) when it happened? Most people don't know about it.

Supposing someone at Marvel Studios decides to take a shot at them by saying "no, we won't have Spider-Man make a deal with the devil" or something like that then you can bet more people would be aware of it.
>>
did raimi get hired to write comics now? i think thats pretty cool.

>mfw cap brings about the second holocaust with the hammer
>>
>>91813301
>vikings
>honorable

You realize they were basically white niggers, right? All they did was rape and pillage.
>>
>>91811374
Well I think they've attempted to distance themselves from Hydra being Nazi, although I get what you mean since it's sort of been something stitched into hydras DNA since it's inception. I don't understand what this has to do with the Legacy launch tho. View each as it's own thing my dude it'll be easier to accept a story if you view it in the present and not as something that will affect the future (learned that lesson with Hickman and Secret Wars). As to the casuals being turned of by the event, well there the reason Marvels in the state it's currently in so, fuck them
>>
>>91811285
Wow this is actually a really valid reason to be pissed.
>>
>>91812330
Dessak was shit and you know it
>>
>>91814078
>I don't understand what this has to do with the Legacy launch tho. View each as it's own thing my dude it'll be easier to accept a story if you view it in the present and not as something that will affect the future (learned that lesson with Hickman and Secret Wars).
I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about apathy from the casual and general audience that will likely bleed over to Generations and Legacy from this.
>>
>>91814078
>since it's sort of been something stitched into hydras DNA since it's inception
It started out as a Spectre rip-off in Nick Fury's book, which was a James Bond/Man from UNCLE rip-off.
>>
>>91814078

>As to the casuals being turned of by the event, well there the reason Marvels in the state it's currently in so, fuck them

You, the diehard fan, are not enough to keep Marvel afloat. They need new readers.
>>
>>91809721
daily reminder. <Gor was right.>
>>
>>91813717
I think calling them White niggers is a bit much but yeah, Vikings were opportunistic thieves. Always picked fights they could win, shived people who were at a disadvantage and stole their shit then got the fuck out. I don't know why people push this 'Norse Samurai' bullshit. By a real Viking definition hydra cap is definitely worthy.
>>
>>91814266
I believe that, believe me I do, but Marvel's current casual reader's interest is pushing away old readers and have failed to actual purchase any books. I'm not saying don't attract new readers (my favorite thing to do is go on trips with friends in college and get them to read the comics I bring along for the road), I'm saying give up on the casual readers Marvel is constantly trying to attract
>>
>>91809721
>>91810571
>>91810730

makes sense, cap thinks he is righteous in his quest, is willing to do what it takes, cares about the greater good and all that bullshit whilst resenting bad people and doing bad things but still does when necesarry to get the mission done

he's pretty fucking worthy if you ask me,now moreso since the hydra mind control switch
>>
>>91814261
Really!? Well my mistake. If you don't mind me asking when did the whole Nazi thing become associated with Hydra because ever since i was a kid i remember connecting the 2
>>
>>91811540
Glad someone else knows about this.
>>
>>91809721
Not him because events sell really well and people are hype for Secret Empire.
>>
>>91814232
Yeah I guess that could be possible, I guess it depends on how secret empire ends and if Legacy doesn't just wipe away Hydra Cap
>>
>b-but Hydra isn't full of Nazis!
>concentration camps for inhumans
>y-yeah but it's okay because they're IN-human
So is the hammer just racist now? Would it let Beta Ray Bill pick it up now?
>>
>>91814596
Probably because some time after Hydra's debut Baron Strucker was brought in as leader of Hydra (originally it was some American businessman that died at the end of his first and only story) since he was Nick Fury's nemesis in WWII and they wanted him to br Fury's nemesis in the modern age too. Since Strucker was a Nazi, the association stuck.
>>
>>91812554
muh Phoenix was great
>>
>>91810492
>MARVEL IS SAYING THAT THE NAZIS ARE WORTHY. THEY'RE SAYING THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THE HOLOCAUST.

Consider that Marvel is owned and run by (those guys), and they are now saying that Nazis are worth.

hmmm.
>>
>>91814152

No, I do not 'know' that. He was Gorr, only first and more likable. I never got the hype over this 'god butcher' shit.

>>91814281

*Gorr. And Thor is living proof that he was wrong.

>>91815133

Didn't Thor fight on the side of the Nazis for a little while?
>>
>>91814289
I mean, weren't Norse gods all about glory in combat? Steve fits that in both incarnations and he certainly believes his cause is just and wants the world to be better. He's worthy by most interpretations of the word, especially Viking.
>>
File: Lauri_Törni._June_27,_1944.jpg (2MB, 1142x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Lauri_Törni._June_27,_1944.jpg
2MB, 1142x1250px
>>91809721
I'm sure pic related would be worthy.
>>
So Cap is still a Nazi then?
>>
>>91816796
He was always a Nazi according to the latest issue. It's actually the Allies who altered him with a cube, Kobik simply restored him.
>>
>>91817157
Good thing I gave up on big two comics years ago. When is the next I Hate Fairyland trade paperback coming out?
>>
>>91817738
This is the best version of Cap in years, though. I'm actually rooting for him.
>>
>>91817997
>I'm actually rooting for him.

You are rooting for a fascist. Okay...
>>
>>91818577
People root for Darth Vader all the time. Who gives a shit, it's fictional.
>>
>>91809721
So even if they aren't Nazis, Hydra are still bad guys, right? Isn't there still an issue with a 'bad guy' raising the hammer?
>>
>>91812330
Aaron is just ripping off and butchering Jurgens Thor.
Gorr the God Butcher = Desak The God Slayer
Future one-armed and one-eyed King Thor = World King Thor, that is also one-armed and one-eyed.
Jarnbjorn = Bloodaxe
Whor = Tarene, the Thor Girl

He's a hack.
>>
>>91816186
>Didn't Thor fight on the side of the Nazis for a little while?
Yes, brought by Victor Von Doom of all people.
http://www.cbr.com/the-abandoned-an-forsaked-doctor-doom-worked-for-hitler/
The guy who sent the suggestion for this is the 3D modeler from /vr/.
>>
>>91814266
>You, the diehard fan, are not enough to keep DC afloat. They need new readers.

Remember how that worked out for them
>>
>>91816546
> Finn
> worthy

it's a hammer not a pigsticker
>>
>>91821141
Christ. How did I not realize this?
>>
>>91812532
Cyclops was right.
>>
>>91809721
Why are a majority of /co/ pissy over this and Hydra Cap? This is basically a "Superior Captain America" story line going on. And if Spider-Man and Iron Man recovered, so will Cap.
>>
>>91822873
It ranges from

>cap is a symbol you can't do this with him!
>i've never read a comic book before and I want to be outraged
>i'm just here to shitpost
>>
>>91823125
I'm mellow as fuck and I just want this to be a good comic event. My wish is for the MU to get their shit together and fight villains, not each other. Is that really too much to ask for?
>>
>>91823282
>I just want this to be a good comic event

It's Marvel in 2017. The chances of that happening are 0%.
>>
/pol/ having a wet dream
>>
>>91823282
The problem is this is still hero vs hero (Cap Vs Heroes).
>>
>>91824276
>Hero vs Hero
This.
Their are people who advocate fascism and Cap Hydra is fucking based. Because Spencer is a lefty he assumes people will eventually agree with him that the ends don't justify the means but he's wrong. Cap is being written as a legit fascist hero and a good number of fans are legit rooting for him.
>>
can someone explain to me this

did this howle arc start at the end of civil war 2?

i rmemebr cap saying something about hydra to comatose tony stark.
>>
>>91824785
This arc pre-dates CWII.
Our Cap had his reality rewritten by a sentient cosmic cube that thought she was doing Steve a solid.
the fucked up bit is we don't know if reality was rewritten first by the allies in WWII or if the cube re-wrote reality so it was rewritten by the allies to be re-rewritten by cap
>>
>>91822309
And there's more that I can't remember now.
>>
>>91824785

this whole arc technically starts three years ago during Remender's Captain America when Steve had the Super Soldier Serum removed from him. Sam Wilson took over for him, and his first real arc as Cap (before Secret Wars) had a line about HYDRA infiltrating all of the superhero community. It doesn't start as a real "story" until Nick Spencer's PLEASANT HILL where Steve is rejuvenated, and all of the current HYDRA shenanigans begin.
>>
>>91821356
That's actually not all that weird of a plot. A lot of eastern Europe sided with the Germans after occupation and even helped carry on the war and holocaust. It was a question of helping Hitler or Stalin and Hitler they believed was the better option.
>>
>>91816186
>Didn't Thor fight on the side of the Nazis for a little while?

Thor is a viking god and Nazis were full-on into that. It wouldn't be any surprising if Thor would at least fight on their sides once until he realizes that they are maniacs.
>>
>>91825800
Because the Norse sure were known for their civility, altruism, and peace amirite?
>>
>>91817157
No, Cap wasn't originally a Hydra agent. Kobik changed reality around to explain the continuity errors that came with altering Steve himself.

Basically boils down to

> "Restored" Steve and altered his personal history so that he grew up in Hydra
> Also went and restructured the past in a way that made it make sense

It's sort of like how in Back to the Future, when Biff went back and gave his younger self that sports guide, and Marty and Doc returned to their present only to find everything changed.
>>
>>91825859
exactly my point.
>>
>>91825241

Steve just believes the Allies rewrote reality. That is what Skull had taught Kobik. The only thing rewritten was Cap. (Or so we hope.)
>>
>>91810492
happy holocaust remembrance day to you too
>>
File: Thor494-23.jpg (258KB, 800x1253px) Image search: [Google]
Thor494-23.jpg
258KB, 800x1253px
>>91821141
And the Unworthy Thor is the Warren Ellis unworthy shirtless Thor of the World Engine, that, although still capable of welding the Mjolnir, was banned from Asgard by Odin and lost much of his powers.
>>
Not a resident /co/fag nor do I read Thor comics, why is Thor being compared to Nazis?

Need me that quick rundown.
>>
>>91825991
There's still no evidence one way or the other. If the allies really did cube first it totally explains the 'man out of sync' Cap. It solves all the continuity problems too well, so that it actually accounts for there being no evidence of it except Cap's mind.
>>
>>91826210
>Need me that quick rundown

The recent big event in Marvel comic right now centers around the reveal that the nazis won WWII and the allies used magic to rewrite history so that they won instead. Red Skull used cosmic cube magic to revert Cap back to the way he was in the "original" timeline: ie., a nazi.

Since Cap is currently a nazi, the hammer deeming him worthy means that something has caused the hammer to become racist, too. Probably more magic, since the hammer has been acting weird lately.
>>
>>91822309
>Christ. How did I not realize this?

Not OP, but because most people don't read the Jurgen's run. It's overlooked since it's couched between post-Heroes Reborn and Disassembled.
>>
>>91826394
And... this is a major issue making people REEEE why? Seems like a silly, if not interesting premise.
>>
>>91826426
People aren't happy about their favorite superheroes getting retroactively turned into nazis is the long and short of it.
>>
>>91826470
So, people are retarded? Why can't people just enjoy things.
>>
>>91810567
underrated post. 90% of people here didn't even get it i'm sure.
>>
is this what was going to """""break the internet""""?
>>
File: Cheers_M8.jpg (61KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Cheers_M8.jpg
61KB, 1024x576px
>>91809721
Marvel Comics
>fires an artist that inserted Quaran scripture into the art.
>promotes a writer glorifying Nazism.

Cheers. I hope Disney liquidates your company.
>>
>>91826415
>most people don't read the Jurgen's run.
Not going to lie, only reason I read it is because I found a bunch of issues on sale at my LCS.
>>
>>91826646
I mean, better Nazis than Terrorists, right?
>>
>>91826646

>glorifying Nazism.

spoiler, hydra are bad guys
>>
>>91826685
I didn't know Terrorists and Nazis were mutually exclusive.

I'm sure Auschwitz was nothing but a country club for Jews.
>>
>>91826547
No that comment was about Legacy, it's not out for several months
>>
>>91826795
I mean shitskin terrorists.

Besides, jews kind of needed purging desu.
>>
>>91826646
Are you retarded or do you just not read comics?
>>
File: Hexadecimal.jpg (12KB, 252x239px) Image search: [Google]
Hexadecimal.jpg
12KB, 252x239px
>>91826878
I can't help but be amused by this.
>>
I think Marvel has just been barraged by bad PR for at least the past few months. Has DC ever been shit on as much as Marvel has been? I don't think DC has fucked up this badly when it comes to PR.
>>
File: kek.png (142KB, 236x258px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
142KB, 236x258px
>>91826920
Why would I be on this board if I didn't read comics and watch cartoons?

Hello, 4Chan to anon, use that brain of yours next time.
>>
>>91811950
I don't see anything wrong with that,
>>
>>91826986
Okay, autism it is.
>>
>>91826966
>Has DC ever been shit on as much as Marvel has been? I don't think DC has fucked up this badly when it comes to PR.

Were you dead 2011-2015?
>>
>>91809721
So is this why every single casual I know is asking me why cap is a Nazi?
Does the money I spend on Omnis make this shit possible?
>>
>>91826966
The Batwoman marriage scandal looked pretty shit on DC. I think Didio quit twitter over it.
>>
>>91826022
Who cares about holocaust gay shit. It's ANZAC day nigger. WAY more important.
>>
>>91826966
I guess you missed the Nu52?

For at least the first year there was always some story about how the editors were fucking everything up and pissing everyone off.
>>
File: 1459929147554.jpg (52KB, 599x726px) Image search: [Google]
1459929147554.jpg
52KB, 599x726px
>>91810923
....wouldn't this actually be a semi-competent story for modern Marvel? Hell, it'd actually be a backhanded insult to Jane, it'd be great. There you go, another one of their stupid events on a real slow burn.
>>
File: Capture.png (572KB, 531x802px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
572KB, 531x802px
>>91813118
Tumblr is literally shaking right now, LMAO
>>
>>91829004
I love how Tumblr is too fucking stupid to wrap their head around the fact that Hydra are the bad guys.

>Villain does thing intimidating.

>Too scary.

I refuse to believe these are functioning adults.
>>
>>91810784
Think Alex DiCampi was saying that Marvel lets Spencer loose on twitter so they have a convenient fall guy
>>
>>91829004
>actually terrified

using hyperbole language is going to end up taking away meaning from the words and in a few years nazi, rape, terrified, racist, etc. will mean absolutely nothing to no one.

this is the legacy of those lardfucks.
>>
>>91829004

>grup of sjws triggered by asinine thing instead of the fact that the book is mediocre af

I mean, is Spencer a genius?
>>
>>91811540
David Brin is unbearable.
>>
>>91829099
Words should be used as appropriate.

When you wheel out "fascist", "misogynist", "racist" at every slight thing, you dilute the meaning of those words, and thus let the people who are actually those things get away with it because the words no longer have weight.
>>
>>91825921
Not according to Cap and Lady Hydra's memories, and there's no way to know which is true.
>>
>>91818577
>You are rooting for a fascist.

Damn straight I am. He's the hero we need.
>>
>>91810694
It make sense that Spencer's political idol is Hillary Clinton given their shared ability to shoot themselves in the foot.
>>
>>91810910
To be fair they tried it once before with the Heroic Age year and then utterly crapped on everything with Fear Itself.
>>
>>91829246
Looking it up, a novel about an extended WW2 era arms race using gods sounds pretty cool. Can't be worse than God Is Dead or more flaccid than Supergod.
>>
>>91809721

Marvel invested a shitload of resources into this storyline. Given how they had to have merchandise and story synopses and all that other bullshit ready to go right now, this story had to be planned months in advance - even before the reveal of Hydra!Cap. The problem? By locking itself into this storyline, Marvel had little chance to course correct when the current political landscape of America turned as ugly as it did after the 2016 election. Then again, Marvel execs probably thought, "Why should we change this? We've done shit like this before. Fans will eat this up!"

But fans are not eating it up—not in a way that improves sales numbers—and Marvel cannot reverse course. The first issue of the "Secret Empire" event is already out; they cannot cancel it now, nor can they change the story in any meaningful way if they want to hit publication (and shipping) deadlines. That means Marvel's higher-ups will convince themselves that they are on the right path, even if the general public (or even hardcore Marvel fans) says otherwise.

Once the event is over and Marvel can put all this bullshit behind it, the execs will whine about how "nobody gave the story a real chance" and other such reassuring bullshit. They will convince themselves that they were right all along, even if it means ignoring widespread negative sentiment about turning Captain America—a character created by Jewish men and designed as a direct commentary on Hitler's idea of a superior ubermensch—into a Nazi.

Nobody will be fired for this. Nobody will suffer any professional setbacks. Disney will not pull the metaphorical leash it has on Marvel, nor will Marvel do the same for its top editors. This whole event is a mistake, and as soon as Marvel can do so, it will try to retcon it and act as if it never happened—all while it defends the storyline with "people should've given it a chance" rhetoric.

Oh, and one more thing: I guarantee that Nick Spencer will continue to write Captain America.
>>
>>91826415
His run is also shit senpai
>>
>>91811374
This is what happns when your policy is "we want our fans angry"/
>>
File: red skull redp ill.jpg (382KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
red skull redp ill.jpg
382KB, 900x1366px
>>91830967
>But fans are not eating it up

I am. It's the most interesting Steve has been in years. Also, it's fun to watch Spencer unwittingly make the villains more right with every fucking issue.
>>
>>91831133

>it's fun to watch Spencer unwittingly make the villains more right with every fucking issue

Which is kind of a big problem when the villains are actual goddamn Nazis. The only people happy about that shit are Neo-Nazis and their ilk.
>>
>>91824740
Fascism breaks down when the people in charge aren't of the highest moral and intellectual caliber, Civil War 3/whatever number this one is has the same problem as the others, what happens when Steve dies?
>>
>>91829004
Going on tumblr actually depresses me. Do these guys not read comics? This isn't the first time he was brainwashed to be HYDRA. Why wasn't it a big deal then?
>>
>>91831168
>The only people happy about that shit are Neo-Nazis and their ilk.

And everyone who doesn't live in America or other cuck countries like Germany or Sweden.
>>
>>91831133
>I am.

Yes but:

>But fans are not eating it up—not in a way that improves sales numbers
>>
>>91831251
Comics are dying anyway.
>>
>>91809721
What are the odds that this is the last page and real Steve is holding the hammer?
>>
File: Anti-Monitor_0001 (1).jpg (260KB, 768x937px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Monitor_0001 (1).jpg
260KB, 768x937px
>>91809721

EVERYONE WITH PROBLEM WITH ANTHONY MICHAEL.
>>
>>91831263

Insignificant.
>>
>>91831185
Probably because back in the day, it would be a one issue thing, maybe a short story arc. The shit Marvel does these days gets stretched literally for years. Cap has been Hydra for what, a year now?
>>
File: Growth in Trades Annually.png (66KB, 804x755px) Image search: [Google]
Growth in Trades Annually.png
66KB, 804x755px
>>91831260
You mean floppies are dying.
>>
>>91831304
http://www.comicsbeat.com/tilting-at-windmills-257-looking-at-bookscan-2016-more-than-10-million-sold/
>>
>>91831304
Who the fuck are these people who still pay for comics? I mean it's like paying for literal shit 90% of the time.
>>
>>91831338
Parents buying comics to teach kids how to read.
>>
>>91831184
Read the thread.
People who believe in fascism (whether they wear a sickle and hammer, a swastika or a $3000 business suit) believe a straight meritocracy will put the superior person in power every time. I could list the counter arguments but I won't because it wouldn't do any good. Hitler drove the cream of the german army right into the ground over a pissing contest with stalin. History is full of examples where instead of an Augustus Caesar they got a Caligula but the kind of person who believes in fascism doesn't care. Of course Hydra will implode. And when it does /pol/ will pout and then throw a hissy fit over the liberal bias misrepresenting what would 'actually happen' to appease SJW's. This whole arc is the most fun I've had with marvel in years and I pray Spencer crashes the plane right into the fucking mountain.
>>
>>91831185
I wanted to reply to that one, showing hard evidence that comics were always about publicity stunts through controversy, and all that stuff people who read comics know, but it was reposted by a friend, and didn't want to get into an argument over something so petty.

Also, this >>91831295
>>
>>91810923
I think the hammer is just sick of stupid people, it purposely let Jane pick it up and didn't cure her cancer, but only her radiation poisoning that was supposed to cleanse the cancer.

This is because she's a stupid bitch who decided she didn't want free risk free agardian healthcare that would've gotten rid of her cancer. I think it's completely motivated by rage at this point, and the dumber and more arrogant you are the more it tries to kill you with irony. It going to cap is it's way of getting back at all these horrible little shits inheriting mantles they don't deserve.
>>
>>91829568

> The words no longer have weight

The only ppl that think those words "are just words" are the ppl who aren't under threat from the ACTIONS that come with those words.

Literally only White ppl that aren't under constant threat of loss of life, limb and property can have the temerity to say the label of racist "loses weight".

Mainly because they aren't under those threats and in this society are the purveyors of that threat, not the recipient.

So it's very easy to reduce those things to "just words that lose their meaning" because they are just that...WORDS. Not life threatening systems that are a clear and present threat.

In other words, you're in no position to talk about the heft of those words. Ever.
>>
>>91831168
I don't think they are since it probably doesn't jive with them, they probaby think Nick doesn't understand nazis.
>>
File: 1484892223398.png (253KB, 574x409px) Image search: [Google]
1484892223398.png
253KB, 574x409px
>>91831493
You only get a (you) from me, it wasn't even subtle
>>
>>91831395
fascism isn't just about a meritocracy. at its core it's about preserving the societal relations between various groups from the erosion of modernity especially industrial capitalism and promises a revitalization of any people (bound by nationhood and soil) under one leader. none of that is necessarily evil and it's certainly better than whatever shit promised by capitalism or communism. at its core it's about the individual being a part of the greater whole of society instead of at the mercy of the market (capitalism) or historical forces (communism).
>>
>>91809721
>Who's getting fired and when, /co/?
This just made me wonder who's been editing Spencer's Cap. Let's see....

>Tom Brevoort - Editor

Oh shit.
>>
>>91831518

>none of that is necessarily evil

Except for the fact that such preservation is usually done to the benefit of a single majority group and accomplished through force of law.
>>
>>91812192
That was a weird handwavey zero gravity thing though
>>
File: 1427186904940.gif (80KB, 450x452px) Image search: [Google]
1427186904940.gif
80KB, 450x452px
>>91809721
I cant wait to see the how this pans out.Everything is fucking bananas right now and I feel like its going to get even more insane before the end of this.
My predictions:
>At least 3 major deaths
>Thor gets His hammer back
>So does Jane foster
>Third thor is Either Storm or Ultimate THor
>Fantastic four come back
>Cap gets a cool Nazi Helicarrier.
>Miles kills Cap.
>New york gets fucking destroyed
>Celestials Show up because reasons
>Stark returns with Cap buster armor
>THe Guardians of the galaxy come out of fucking nowhere.
>References amalgam before shit resets
>Tie-in to batman metal
>Amalgam 2: Summer 2020
>>
>>91811104
The thing is, unlike OMD, the Cap we know and love had no real say in his Hail Hydra ways, he got reality rewrote by a Cosmic Cube, so once all this blows over and the status quo is inevitably restored, we'll be back to good ol' Cap. Meanwhile in OMD Peter was himself, under no mind control and no cosmic rewrite of his history, so from OMD onward he'll always be seen as the kind of retard scumbag that'd sell his daughter and his marriage to the literal devil to prolong the earthly suffering of his decrepit old aunt and keep her from joining her husband in heaven.

So yeah, many are mad now at Hydra Cap but I personally see it more at a fun little "What If..." spread throughout an entire event than a straight up character assassination that'll taint the character for years to come like OMD did to Petw
>>
>>91832051
I think it's weird that this reaction the general non-comic reading public has been having to Cap was what they should've had to OMD, but didn't because OMD wasn't in the main news media a lot.
>>
File: Marvel's tumblr.png (204KB, 682x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel's tumblr.png
204KB, 682x1198px
For the Anon who wanted to see some tumblr fags lose it.
>>
>>91832077
Was this recent?
>>
>>91829099
>using hyperbole language
Thing is, I don't doubt some [TRIGGER] happy tumblrwhales would get LEGITIMATELY scared by a comic book page. These people are unstable.
>>
>>9183212
Ya, it is.
the post these all are from is only two days old.
>>
>>91832077
>Boycotting
>Implying they spent more than one movie ticket worth of money

If they bother to read more than one panel in their lives, they would know that this is just a stupid marketting stunt before getting back to the usual status quo of comics, keeping the changes that managed to stick with the audience
>>
>>91832077
>I'll continue to purchase your products but say goodbye to my shekels!
Someone post that Call of Duty boycott Steam group full of people currently playing Call of Duty
>>
>>91831966
What if Third Thor is Captain Hydra?
>>
>>91830967
>Fans are not eating it up
Nigger, Secret Empire #0 outsold
>>
>>91832077
and of course the fujo batshit insane fangirl gets to complain about "MUH STUCKY" not being canon
>>
>>91832492
>Secret Empire #0 overshipped
Fixed.
>>
>>91832492
I would bet that number includes the Lootcrate copies.
>>
>>91831518
I really hope this is bait.
but I know it's not
People are stupid.
>>
>>91814289
Because jomsvikings and varangian guard were famous for honor in combat
>>
>>91832889
Okay, I can see people only knowing about two elite units and drawing conclusions.
But the Vikings were assholes, by and large.
>>
>>91833021
Not really. In the east the vikings were famous for being fair tradesmen and Noble warriors. So much so the vikings were asked to be kings. Rus and his brothers for example.
>>
>>91830967
I really wish that we had a 'people who work at a LCS' thread, seriously Mods that shit is /co/ related, because I know that the people at my shop is doing things to promote Secret Empire but it's not doing as well as they were expecting and after speaking to other people who work at other LCSs, they're not seeing a lot of interest too.
>>91832519
>>91832652
Both correct.
>>
>>91832077
These are functioning human beings. These are allowed to vote.
>>
>>91833454
And so is /pol/
Thread posts: 245
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.