[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /co like Uber?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 260
Thread images: 24

File: a09c89b498012f16828045e30f377860.jpg (285KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
a09c89b498012f16828045e30f377860.jpg
285KB, 1200x927px
I'm surprised I'm not seeing more.

Pseudo-historical sci-fi twist on superpowers as a commodity?

What's not to love?
>>
The way nothing important happens.
>>
>>91800914
The way its endless nazi wank and they never lose. Its boring
>>
>>91800914

> Allies finally look like their going to win
> Loose anyway due to Plot armor

It's frustrating because it's an interresting setting but 90% of the time the allies are retards while the Nazi's are operating at 400% their intellect
>>
File: Uber.png (244KB, 760x4460px) Image search: [Google]
Uber.png
244KB, 760x4460px
Let's just get this out of the way
>>
>>91801122
The bad plotting and total ignorance of the wider world/actual war situation where it's convenient are the worst parts.
>>
>>91801160
Lol
>>
File: uber-15-wrap.jpg (1019KB, 2500x1932px) Image search: [Google]
uber-15-wrap.jpg
1019KB, 2500x1932px
>>91800931

I don't follow.

Hitler's a doppelganger!
They are melting entire cities!
Great Britain has fallen!
The Axis has invaded the U.S. on both coasts!
>>
>>91801160
This is fucking amazing.
>>
It's good, the documentary-ish narration is nice & adds a authentic well though out feel to it.
Needs more sex & nudity from giant Nazi sluts.
>>
>>91801122

Well, the Axis got the headstart, didn't they?

The Allies are forced to scramble.
>>
>>91801213
More like the tank men appeared basically in April of '45, and the Wehrmacht suddenly shoves the Allies back to 1940 territory in under a month, while the Allies continually trip over their own dicks. But the Nazis are TOTALLY GONNA LOSE by the end. Somehow, don't question the retarded logic.
>>
>>91801295
I remember 2 months ago when i said how it was bullshit that the nazis never lost and someone responded but they are dying and now they took out americas heart and that shut those people up
>>
>>91800914
the basic idea is sound, and it's one of the few comics based around Ultra-Violence to not be pointless crap(looking at you Crossed), but it definitely has some very noticeable pacing issues

overall it would have been better to have the Germans debut the Ubers in say 1944 or maybe even 43 or 42 instead of literally moments before Hitler historically would have blown his brains out, that way Germany would have enough resources that it could bear the occasional real loss instead of them more or less continually curbstomping everyone that isn't Katushya
>>
>>91801379
I wouldn't have minded if the Tank Men had pushed the Allies out of Germany and into France and Poland. But the Wehrmacht was pretty much done as a fighting force, yet can occupy Europe and somehow they have the ability to get the Kriegsmarine back together to sail to the US. It's just so over the top that I can't suspend my disbelief.
>>
>>91800914
People really liked the series at first and it was being storytimed constantly. But the gimmick got old and the writing became incredibly stale. Now there's one thread a month when the latest issue drops. Anything that can be said has been said so we all wait until the next issue where something maybe happens but probably not.
>>
better than Crossed.
>>
>>91801533
I've taken shits better than Crossed.
>>
>>91801379

For the Nazis, it's one pyrrhic victory after another.

They got the Whitehouse and are melting NY, and we couldn't take out their battleships, but they lost half their forces in the process. They are not on a winning trajectory in the U.S., unless the Japanese surprise on the West Coast is BIG.
>>
>>91801451
I think that's the core of the issue for me. Uber likes to bring up things like strategic resources, manpower, supply lines, et al, but then completely ignores them when it's convenient. Tank men are a cool concept but they only function on a tactical scale, IE when you need to win a battle. You can't occupy land with a Tank man. You can't hold something with a Tank man, unless you're cool with it being demolished and painted over with gore.

You need a standing army to occupy something. I'd buy it if Uber was about Germany using the Tank Men to stalemate the Allies by decimating advancing armies, supply trains, or what have you, but it's not. Uber is a comic that attempts to blend serious strategic considerations and the idea that a few super humans can take and hold vast swaths of territory, and it doesn't work. Oh yeah, and the obvious pacing issues and >>91801160 being pretty spot on doesn't help.
>>
>>91801439
>continually curbstomping everyone that isn't Katushya

But you see, anon, that's kind of the entire POINT of Uber.

There is a revisionist history trend going around that says that since the Soviets lost so many men in WW2, they REALLY won the war, and the US just stole all the glory.

Yes, really.

So, Uber is a fantasy that 'fixes' this broken reality, by basically writing a world where the USA got the proper ass-whipping they deserved.

It's really complete idiocy.

It also reflects a larger trend of the losers of WW2 to try and make it into something that never happened. Just look at the bullshit Japan is trying to pull:

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/us-should-be-appalled-by-japans-historical-revisionism-12381

Uber is just catering to the same crowd that denies the holocaust and other similar idiocy. Be aware of it, promulgate the facts, and move on.
>>
File: ab60f94b2914e367d6a115e051525bc6.jpg (592KB, 1600x1236px) Image search: [Google]
ab60f94b2914e367d6a115e051525bc6.jpg
592KB, 1600x1236px
>>91801295

My working theory is that the mysterious source of the Uber catalyst is the real enemy.
>>
>>91801835
The real enemy is the lack of meaningful plot advancement and my attention span.
>>
>>91801580
>but they lost half their forces in the process. They are not on a winning trajectory in the U.S., unless the Japanese surprise on the West Coast is BIG.
uh huh. you have been saying that for months and all thats happened is america crawling further up its own ass. it lost the east, and it's losing the west what the fuck are a bunch of shitty flyover states gonna do
>>
>>91802032
The better question is where they found the troops to lose. By the time Hitler tried to kill himself, the German army was basically old men and kids. Unless the US and Russia decided to just hand over all their prisoners rather than kill them to prevent the krauts from getting all that manpower to turn into super soldiers.
>>
>>91802032

It hasn't lost the east completely. As others have pointed out, Ubers can't hold ground very well. The U.S. is big.

We have no idea what's happening in the west.

Time will tell, but I believe it'll play out much as it did in reality, where the U.S demonstrates a remarkable efficiency of industry, and churns out so many Ubers they swamp the invaders.
>>
>>91802182
>Time will tell, but I believe it'll play out much as it did in reality, where the U.S demonstrates a remarkable efficiency of industry, and churns out so many Ubers they swamp the invaders.
you have been saying that for months and every new issue nope the us just keeps crawling further into its own ass because the suck and the germans have unbeatable strategy
>>
>>91802221

And it might continue to be the case for a few issues more.

The Germans did lose their entire southern force, though we didn't see it.
>>
>Meanwhile all of China and India with massive populations are completely ignored
>>
>>91802416
The Axis is winning the war, not the nobodies. Except for Italy, fuck those assholes apparently. Goddamn spaghetti rations.
>>
>>91802357
>The Germans did lose their entire southern force, though we didn't see it.

What southern force?
>>
>>91800914
>What's not to love?

Kieron Gillen
>>
>>91803207
Writers are just an indicator of quality. Blind squirrel, broken clock etc.
If it's a personality thing, then I'm laughing at you, you spooked little faggot. Next you'll tell me I can't like Roman Polanksi's films.
>>
>>91800914
You'd expect it be pulpy and full of action, but it's meant to be a serious examination on war and shit. And that'd be fine, but Gillen's not a good enough writer to handle that, so you're just left being lectured with bullshit.
>>
>>91800914
I can understand the commercial reasons for the relaunch, but it's been a waste of page space having to reintroduce characters and themes.
Also, Gillen tends to be heavy handed with his themes. Yes, we get it, gays and blacks were poorly treated. Yes, the USA suffered few cilvilan losses. It doesn't need to be reinforced every issue.
>>
It starts from the second right before Hitler shoots himself at the end of April of 1945, and by November the Germans have defeated, conquered, and occupied Britain, won total control of the seas, launched an invasion of the continental US, destroyed Washington DC and New York, killed pretty much the entire US leadership aside from Patton, and are now rampaging through the US effortlessly annihilating all the armies that the US throws at them.

Where did they get the men? Plot.
Where did they get the subs? Plot.
Where did they get any of the other equipment needed to launch an invasion of the US? Plot.

It's just standard Nazi fanboy alt-history with a big helping of gore to attempt to shock people that really just gets old after a while.
>>
It's a hodgepodge of many better Avatar Press comics. Heavyhanded messages that turn out to be obvious. Digs at superheroes. Gore. Ugly character designs.
>>
>>91803666
Satan I hope this is bait because Gillen may be summoned to this thread with the implication that he's a nazi fanboy
>>
>>91803740
Do you think Gillen posts here?
>>
File: inspector checkem.jpg (19KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
inspector checkem.jpg
19KB, 255x255px
>>91803666
Satan confirmed
>>
>>91802182
>Time will tell, but I believe it'll play out much as it did in reality, where the U.S demonstrates a remarkable efficiency of industry, and churns out so many Ubers they swamp the invaders.

They already tried that and failed. The US uber army was completely destroyed in a suicide charge against a German battleship. Aside from that, the Germans can basically nuke anywhere in the US at will. In real life, a big part of the US industrial advantage came from the fact that it was away from the fighting. That isn't the case in Uber, so the US will instead be the one getting swamped under an endless tide of German ubers. Throughout the entire story, the Germans have consistently enjoyed superior numbers and resources. That isn't going to change.
>>
>>91803749
Why would he? Nobody gives a shit about WicDiv on /co/, not even as a hateread.
>>
>>91803781
The real question is, why wouldn't he?
>>
>>91803749
He's mentioned us a couple times on his tumblr.
>>
File: 1432270364960.jpg (16KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1432270364960.jpg
16KB, 500x667px
It was a cool story, it would have been fine if it just ended when and how it was supposed too with the gemans losing a little later then they should have and the world facing a new dawn of weaker allies going into a cold war with tankmen instead of nukes.

Instead it got popular so they have to keep shitting out more story which requires the allies to constantly get pounded because Germany's situation was that bad by the end.
>>
>>91803781
Well it's a pretty bad book but not bad enough to care. Gillian should stop injecting sjw shit in his work he doesn't have the ability to handle it with any kind of tact or nuance.
>>
>>91803740
Hey, he's the one who has the Germans constantly winning for no reason other than that they're supposedly a superior race. If he doesn't want to be called a Nazi fanboy, he shouldn't repeat their propaganda.
>>
>>91803959
It's like how that Lil Bush cartoon had Bush getting away with doing bad shit in every episode. If you're gonna make a work all about a political ideology you don't like, don't have them win in every episode/chapter.
>>
>>91803989
Lil Bush was at least supposed to be funny (I never saw it) so it needs the premise
>>
>>91803959
>>91803989
Gillen is sublimating his hatred for the white male western patriarchy culture by having the Nazis steamroll everyone not under the protection of his untouchable godlike commie waifu.

He wants to act out fantasies of punishing western culture by having "hey the Nazis are bad guys what do you expect" as a shield.

In the end the Allies will be saved by an army of amazons and blacks.

And Razor is going to piss himself and die.
>>
>>91804886
>In the end the Allies will be saved by an army of amazons and blacks.
>And Razor is going to piss himself and die.

Oh, and don't forget he's setting up Uber-Patton as the real Big Bad world-ending dictator guy.

Why do people post threads about this shit?

This idea had SUCH good bones, but like Brave, all that potential has been completely ham-fisted and squandered by the dullard trying to write it.
>>
>>91805066
Gillen's book about the pop gods had potential and look what happened to it.

When he's an old man he's going to look back on his SJW tomfoolery and cry. His twilight years will be filled with shame at what could have been.
>>
>>91804886
>He wants to act out fantasies of punishing western culture by having "hey the Nazis are bad guys what do you expect" as a shield.
>In the end the Allies will be saved by an army of amazons and blacks.
I called this happening a year ago. Just look at ridiculous shit like the Brits not testing the Indians because something imperialists something racists, completely ignoring the existence of the British Indian Army or the fact that all the British government (except for Churchill) had been setting up self-government for India since at least 1930.
Gillen hates western civilisation so he's using the Nazis to reduce it to rubble so the third world can step up to save everyone.
>>
>>91805161
>>91805066
>>91804886
I bet you anything that Gillen voted remained and sees nothing wrong with migrants in Sweden and Germany.

Uber needs to be preserved for years to come. It's the distillation of the left's suicide desire to destroy western civilization through proxies.
>>
File: Endless Trash.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Endless Trash.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
>>91805161
>The US powers that be would rather have the Germans butcher their way across America sending thousands of whites to their deaths than make two black battleships (how the hell 12 percent of the US population ended up making 2 battleships is astounding. Blacks are just genetically superior I guess).

I think the reason so many people have jumped ship on Uber is because they're tired of having everyone white and male act like incompetent, powerless morons.

The best German Battleship is a woman. The strongest halo battleship is a woman. The strongest physical battleship is a woman. The spy that holds the only prayer for the allies is a woman. The strongest overall battleship is a woman. Razor's sisters are being set up to be the push that saves the allies.

The second strongest Nazi Battleship (before losing an arm) is gay. Alan Turing is the greatest male asset the allies have and he's gay.

Now lets look at the power and competence of straight white males in the setting.

HMS Colossus: Turned into a man-shrubbery by a woman in his first fight.

Churchill: Killed by a woman, head placed on the decapitated statue of a man

Hitler: Killed by a homosexual.

Siegfied: Is the only character to be depicted as pure 100 percent evil.

Razor: A crybaby who will run behind his black comrades at the first sign of danger.

Allied Command: Completely destroyed except for Patton who will likely be depicted as a genocidal madman worse than Hitler.

Roosevelt: Dead when the Nazis burnt a giant swastika on Washington DC BUT DON'T WORRY GUYS THE ALLIES ARE GOING TO TURN THE WAR AROUND ANYYYYYYYYY MINUTE NOW

Manhattan Project: BTFO by a secret spy (another female) and raped so hard that Japan now has the only working A-bomb in the setting and atomic weapons for the allies have been virtually taken off the table.

Stalin: The only white male leader still alive. It is possible Gillen as a big leftie has tender feelings for him like Casto.

ARE WE SEEING A FUCKING PATTERN YET?
>>
>>91805445
actually Roosevelt died like he did in the real world, the president who died when DC got Ubered was Truman
>>
>>91801580
>unless the Japanese surprise on the West Coast is BIG.
if its a kaiju i'll eat my hat
>>
>>91806617
It's going to be the nuke. America is going to get nuked to further Gillen's "America never REALLY suffered in WW2 now they get a taste of REAL horror" agenda.
>>
>>91801788
Japan is just the worst
>>
>>91803749
>>91803740
Good, I want to see him all this negativity what Uber generate and how it only lessen a little but not improving that much.

For that matter I don't think he inject any SJW stuff here (all mironity thing are fine so far, especially if they are also made to be grinded by Nazis like rest).
He just fails at story and setting in end.
>>
>>91802505
>southern

The southern invasion force in the U.S. was destroyed when they realized both battleships were in the north.
>>
>>91803761

They destroyed a large number of U.S Ubers, but far from all.
>>
File: 4026870-6991625328-9hykt.png (780KB, 713x695px) Image search: [Google]
4026870-6991625328-9hykt.png
780KB, 713x695px
>>91800914
Sgilinde is a cutie pie ;_:
>>
>>91801580

The Americans are going to unveil the new Uber to push the bad guys back, apparently.

To be completely honest, my main problem is that it's so SLOW. I also can't stand the SJW propaganda, like how the faggot and the stronk womyn are the most important characters ever.
>>
>>91800914
*glares*

fuck off
>>
File: Joris gives advice.png (38KB, 562x519px) Image search: [Google]
Joris gives advice.png
38KB, 562x519px
>>91800914
I agree with most of the criticism here. It could've been so cool, yet it's so lame. When someone asks "Wouldn't World War Two super soldiers make for a guaranteed awesome story?" the answer is no
>>
>>91800914

This comic really, really needed Garth Ennis to write it, like a superpowered version of his Battlefields stories. (All of those stories are of amazing quality.)

Hell, it could be done like Fury Max, which was just as good.
>>
>>91808767
>The Americans are going to unveil the new Uber to push the bad guys back, apparently.

Or maybe the shiny new American Uber will turn out to be completely impotent on the battlefield and completely fail every expectation placed on them in a one-sided, anti-climactic smack down.

You know, like the last 3?
>>
>>91800914

The main problem is that this comic was basicalyl written by someone who hated the West and all is stands for. All you need to do, to makes this really compelling, is to have some affection for the subject.

Seriously. Make it a war story, exactly like WWII, but with the men adjusting to the terrible new weapons being unleashed. Don't emasculate every straight white male (who, y'know, did most of the fighting - Greatest Generation and all that) in order to promote your minorities.

It's not hard to see a pattern where every important character is female and gay. You know that in real life, we'd have basically got a phalanx of Captain Americas, right? Russia's super-soldier would look like Ivan fucking Drago, and the Nazis would have serene blue-eyed, blonde-haired race warriors.

That would be fucking amazing to see.
>>
>>91808889

Well, someone or something has to drive the Japanese and the Nazi Battleships back. Otherwise, there's nothing that can stop them at this point!

I mean, let's say Razor and the Black Brothers were fully activated. They still don't have good odds against three Battleships.
>>
>>91805066
>In the end the Allies will be saved by übers from India, Africa and Asia

Toppest kek.
>>
>>91808898
>(who, y'know, did most of the fighting - Greatest Generation and all that)

From what I gather, the folks that did most of the fighting were the Germans (who fought against pretty much everybody and their mums) and the Russians (who fought the majority of the German army).

Everybody else gets a participation-award.
>>
>>91809257

The side that wins gets all the awards. I'm pretty sure that if the Americans didn't join in, though, things would have been thoroughly fucked for the Allies.
>>
Uber just isn’t written very well. It’s hard to care whenever characters or the narrator talk about their tactics when they will be shockingly BTFO in about 10 pages. This wouldn’t be a massive problem but the comic focuses so much of its energy to strategy that it forgets to make anyone likable or interesting. In a world without characters we care about there is no reason to care when the next Nazi asspull kills 90% of the US population. And on top of everything else the battles and tactics themselves are so boring.
>>
People say Gillen put his hate for West in writing.
I don't see this that way.
This is not atempt to defend him at all.
He is just another comic book writer from Aglosphere who is obsessed with Nazis wrecking shit in USA and beating UK. Less desire to ruin as punishment or message and more way to have fictional invasion and occupation when those countries didn't suffer those in recent history. Maybe he will get it out of his system after Invasion story is done and may start Nazi actually losing thing.
But there is still problem how much story is west centric, only Allies and Nazis have full knowledge of Uber serum while Japan and Soviets have only limited access to this. Japan because of its situation could just be written out of story, especially with Allies needing to focus on Germany, even nuke was disabled by German spy. Soviets could dominate Europe so they can't easly produce Ubers but still have them to being able to defend themselves from Nazi Ubers (so writer may pretend he treat Soviets fairly). Katysha being more powerful than other battleships means that even they can't invade and conquer Russia, but her own lack of any loyalty to Stalin or Soviets means that Nazis are also safe from them and east front is stalemate so writer can just ignore it and focus only on west.
>>
>>91801580
The Japs have sent their only battleship on a kamikaze run at San Francisco because they are retarded.
>>
>>91805445
>HMS Colossus: Turned into a man-shrubbery by a woman in his first fight.

He was barely ready. The allies should have bombarded Paris with artillery before sending in their Ubers to engage in hit and run tactics.
>>
UBER EVERY WHERE
>>
>>91808898
I'm going to need to see some serious citations about your statements about Gillen. Has he said anything like this in an interview or...?
>>
>>91801160
>>91801160
We are fucking done here folks. Get the lights.
>>
>>91810706
"Gillen hates the west" is just something people regurgitate in these threads over and over to push the threads in a /pol/ direction instead of actually talking about the comic.
>>
>>91810706

Does he literally need to spell it out for you? You don't need to be a genius to see a pattern. Even in Wicked + Divine, the slimiest god of the pantheon is the cis white male who spouts red pill biotruths, Wotan. Everyone shits on him, even though the pantheon has a literal cannibal murderer.

All the good characters are the homos, women and blacks. There isn't a single straight white male who is relevant; the most recent issue shows that Nergal, the bad-boy goth/pagan punk rocker, is abused by his girlfriend. You don't get more beta than that.

You know, the last time Japan made a manga about modern-day gods, it was about one dude and a harem of women competing to fuck him.
>>
>>91810898
>Everyone shits on him, even though the pantheon has a literal cannibal murderer

Fun fact, she just slaughtered a room full of people and now, there's no old woman to cover her ass anymore.

Also, you could easily argue that Gillen is trying to shed light on female on male abuse in relationships, something that sorely needs to be touched on properly.
>>
>>91810898
>last time Japan made a manga about modern-day gods, it was about one dude and a harem of women competing to fuck him.

Gimme the name.
>>
>>91801160

Its scary how realistic this is
>>
>>91811055

Campione!
>>
>>91808840
>Garth Ennis doing Uber.

Holy shit that might have been really really good.
>>
>>91810706
See his other books and:
>>91805445

The writing is on the wall.

>>91810898
Somehow in a sample of people randomly selected for god powers 80 percent turns out to be gender queer.
>>
>>91800914
It was good at first, but then it settled into a weird status q-
>>91801160
yeah, it just started doing that over and over.

Also rest in peace HMH Colossus never forget.
>>
Still waiting for the germans' near-complete lack of... well, EVERYTHING, to actually impede their ability to do whatever the fuck they please.
>>
>>91800914

OP now knows - you can't have an Uber thread without /pol/ coming in and fucking everything up as usual.
>>
>>91811701
>/pol/ coming in
Where?
>>
>>91800914
Very few funny book writers have an understanding of history, politics and race. Except for a few like Ennis, they don't do it any justice and come off as retarded.
>>
>>91811092
I thought there was only crappy LN
>>
File: Kneecaps.jpg (46KB, 855x813px) Image search: [Google]
Kneecaps.jpg
46KB, 855x813px
>>91805445
>Japan now has the only working A-bomb
How the fuck do you pull that off? It requires a ton of centrifuges and a laughable amount of raw ore!
>>
>>91812563
The Germans used a spy uber to give them the only working bomb, then the spy uber killed the entire manhattan project and blew up all their manufacturing equipment.
>>
>>91801160
I like you
>>
Aside from the second battle of Kiev, have the Allies had any sort of victory that wasn't immediately rendered meaningless by a new german asspull?
>>
>>91816010
In a word? No.
>>
>>91811247
Sorry if the concept of anybody besides straight white men getting superpowers in a faggy comic triggers you.
>>
People keep saying that the German victories are "pyrrhic.

They should look up what that word actually means, because it definitely does not apply to the German victories depicted in Uber.

It comes from Pyrrhus defeating the Romans at Heraclea. But in the process he took such heavy losses that he effectively couldn't fight any more. Plutarch described it this way: "Pyrrhus replied to one that gave him joy of his victory that one other such victory would utterly undo him."

If someone keeps having "pyrrhic victories" over and over again, then they aren't actually pyrrhic victories. They're just victories. If you are able to just sustain one such victory after another, then the entire basis for calling it pyrrhic (that losses are unsustainable) is removed. Clearly the Germans CAN sustain whatever losses they take. The allies, however, clearly can't, as evidence by the fact that Britain flat out surrendered and was occupied by Germany. And the Germans apparently have enough forces to occupy the British Isles and launch an invasion of the continental US at the same time, further showing that they have more than enough troops and resources to completely eliminate any pyrrhic aspect of their repeated victories.

In Uber, Germany is simply winning. There is nothing pyrrhic about it. Anyone who uses that word to describe this story is just plain ignorant.
>>
>>91816010
It started with introduction with Blitzmen what I do consider jump the shark moment if comic will not improve.
But then again this is comic in nutshell from start
>Oh Nazis are done for
>Nope, super solders save the day
From very first issue.

Lets see if Nazi get out of USA unscratched thanks to new ubers.
>>
>>91817364
They won't need to get out of the USA. They can just destroy it all. The allies have nothing that can touch three battleships. Even allied battleships are inferior to German cruisers.
>>
>>91817505
>Even allied battleships are inferior to German cruisers.
when you send experimental prototypes, whose creators don't think will yield positive results against tried and true conventional forces, into battle they tend to get destroyed.

>implying the German expeditionary force had the power to destroy America before it lost half or it's manpower.
you're retarded
>>
>>91817789
The cruisers were just as new. But because they were German they had no problems.
>>
>>91817789
> implying the German expeditionary force had the power to destroy America before it lost half or it's manpower.
It did and still does. They have battleships that can just walk through the US destroying everything.

Besides, Gillen has already established that Germany has unlimited manpower reserves. Just look at the fact that they somehow were able to come up with the troops to occupy Britain. While everyone else is stuck with the 1-in-5,000 rate for tankmen, Germany always has as many as it needs for whatever task it wants to do.
>>
>>91818077
Despite his vocal insistence to the contrary.
>>
>>91818077

To expand on this:

At this point in the story, an allied victory would require a complete asspull. Gillen has established a number of facts within the Uber setting and to change them now would require a complete 180 out of the blue.

1. Germany has unlimited reserves of manpower and equipment. See: simultaneous occupation of Britain and invasion of the continental US.

2. Only Germans can doublestack halo, meaning only they get blitzmensch. If it were possible for anyone else to do it, they would have by now. This means that Germany will always have uncontested control over the seas, because nothing beats blitzmensch at sea.

3. There are no effective counters to geltmensch. The allies supposedly had countermeasures in place, yet a geltmensch was able to walk in and slaughter all the US leadership no problem. This means that no matter what the allies come up with, the Germans can just blow it up with geltmensch.

With all of these factors in their favor, any allied victory would just be an even bigger asspull than anything Gillen has done yet. He's basically written himself into a corner by endlessly giving the Germans one advantage after another.
>>
>>91801788
>There is a revisionist history trend going around that says that since the Soviets lost so many men in WW2, they REALLY won the war, and the US just stole all the glory.
Rather because they got half of the Europe under their thumb and made US and UK their bitch so hard that they let them do it as a deal with the devil.
>>
>>91801046
>The way its endless nazi wank and they never lose. Its boring

WW2 itself was pretty much just like that in real life, until they stuck their dicks in the beehive called the Soviet Union.
>>
>>91818368
Every time Gillen says that Germany is for real totally out of manpower this time, they always come up with more for a new invasion/occupation.
>>
>>91802032
>uh huh. you have been saying that for months and all thats happened is america crawling further up its own ass.

We are something like three fucking issues only into Invasion. If the USA engaged right now with their battleships, they'd go the same way the UK did, or they'd have to win through a big asspull with no build-up.

Calm your nipples. Nazis will lose in the end. What matters is the journey that takes there, and you are the kid asking "are we there yet" every five minutes.
>>
>>91818540
>Calm your nipples. Nazis will lose in the end. What matters is the journey that takes there, and you are the kid asking "are we there yet" every five minutes.
To continue your analogy, no. This is like if you were told "We're going to Disney World!" and lived in Orlando. Then Dad decides to drive to every other state in the US first, including Hawaii and Alaska, before going to Disney World.
>>
>>91818646
... if it was that simple, the first issue would've ended with "but Ubers couldn't change the course of war, the end".
>>
>>91818540
There are apparently going to be 60 issues. We're at 30 so far. It has taken us since 2013 to get this far, and we're only half way.

So the allies will start winning in about four more years, sometime in 2021.
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (44KB, 402x331px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
44KB, 402x331px
>>91818724
>60 issues of this bullshit
glad I dropped it
>>
>>91818685
Shockingly, this would be correct for World War II. The story opens on April 30, 1945. VE Day is barely a week later in real life, but hey, obviously the Nazis are gonna lose despite massively bulking up with an army it literally did not have.
>>
>>91817843
the cruisers won because inertia exist and they were fighting a retard tier stacked battle ship and finally managed to land a mobility kill after and hour of engagement.
>>91818077
but they never did you retard. The GEF is literally a guerilla movement that has avoided all major military sectors because a slugfest would leave any of their surviving tank men in a state of extreme fatigue. Consequently they have only engaged civilian targets to reduce moral and force the US government to agree to a cease fire.
>>
>>91818792
The thing is, by that point, if Hitler or the army high command had sent out word to all the commanders that they were winning again because of magic supermen, none of the German armies in the field would have believed them and they would have continued doing what they were already doing. Namely, running west as fast as they can in order to surrender to the western allies instead of the Soviets. By the end of April, the German army was completely ignoring the orders coming from Berlin because they were telling them to come to Berlin to fight the Soviets and they were having none of that.
>>
>>91818833
>The GEF is literally a guerilla movement that has avoided all major military sectors
They fought and completely destroyed an entire army of American tankmen. They have already have fought and defeated the US in a direct engagement.
>>
>>91818833
> and they were fighting a retard tier stacked battle ship
Because Gillen decided that the brits can only act like idiots who completely wasted the only battleship they had (which, incidentally, doesn't make any sense, considering by population they should have more even if you only count the British Isles). He's built the entire story on the premise that the Germans really are a superior race and that all the other races are inferior idiots who can't do anything right.
>>
File: 1430924019817.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1430924019817.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>91818907
>They fought and completely destroyed an entire army of American tankmen.
this is true, but they lost half of their force of tanks in a different engagement and have yet to attack an actual military installation because they would lose too much in the process.
>>91818959
the person who headed the British department was a civvie who treated the entire project as an experimental foray, as opposed to having a military leader like Sankt who refused to even let the government know what a tankman was until a multiple functional units were combat ready. The American project is miles better because its management isn't retreaded, and the USSR is better because they stick to a tried and true method and don't care about waste in mass activations.
>>
>>91819620
> but they lost half of their force of tanks in a different engagement
They have plenty more where they came from.

> The American project is miles better because its management isn't retreaded,
Except they've wasted two of their three battleships by not fully activating them.
>>
>>91819739
>They have plenty more where they came from.
The GEF lost half of it's Atlantic Blitzmech unit which is a noticeable loss since blitz are specialized units who aren't produced at the rate of the general utility tankmen.

>Except they've wasted two of their three battleships by not fully activating them.
this is true, but it's still miles better than the Brits retarded civvie who decided to phys stack a battleship to the point it had to break bones to regain mobility after long periods of rest or sending out battleships that haven't completed their activation process. The Brits fucked themselves by not letting Steph head the project altogether.
>>
>>91801160
The however panel with the umlaut makes this entire thing.
>>
>>91820155
>The GEF lost half of it's Atlantic Blitzmech unit which is a noticeable loss since blitz are specialized units who aren't produced at the rate of the general utility tankmen.
The Germans can just send in more. They always have enough tankmen. They've got a big enough force to occupy Britain, so the loss of some of the first wave against the continental US isn't going to make much difference in the long run.
>>
>>91819620
The text specifically read "This was the smaller part, by far, of the german invading forces, but a victory - any victory - was important to american morale." That's sure as shit not half of the german expeditionary force destroyed. The germans are still very much capable of glassing the entire east coast with impunity, and pushing inwards from there. The battle of Philadelphia was a small sacrifice on the germans part to annihilate a MUCH larger number of US ubers.
>>
>>91820155
The brits are fucked because Gillen thinks they're an inferior race, so they're only capable of making wrong decisions.
>>
File: terra-formars-racism.jpg (185KB, 870x836px) Image search: [Google]
terra-formars-racism.jpg
185KB, 870x836px
Uber is a lot like Terraformars, if the Cockroaches won every fight, instead of the humans being able to pull off some hard earned victories at the skin of their teeth.
Hell the Panzermensch armor actually kinda makes him look like a big, black insect.
>>
File: image.jpg (440KB, 1200x1856px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
440KB, 1200x1856px
I'm just lurking the series until Battleship Zero turns up again.
>>
>>91821096
He'll just be another ace that the Germans have up their sleeves. If the allies ever look like they're actually going to accomplish anything (or if Gillen's german musclegirl waifu is threatened) the Germans will release Battleship Zero and he will totally fuck the allies over.
>>
>>91808840
Yes! If there is one thing besides Superman that Garth really likes, it is soldiers slugging it out. Super powered soldiers not done in THE BOYS every-super-is-an-asshole would be good to see. Every soldier who has some level of integrity no matter which side would get a fair shake and say even if Siegmund went down with the Nazi ship, he'd be treated with respect. I suspect Razor would get a training from hell tune up so he would stop pissing his pants and contribute.
>>
>>91821218
I don't know about that... They don't seem to have control of him. They thought he was dead until they made the other battleships.

Speaking of, what do you all think about that cave? A stone chair... Has to mean something. Fire giants (Ie,Zero)?
>>
>>91822724
> They don't seem to have control of him.
They won't need to control him. Just shoot him in a V2 rocket at the allies like they did to kill Churchill.
>>
>>91811162
it really really wouldn't have. garth finds the idea of superheroes silly, but he fucking hates super powered anything getting anywhere near ww2.

he feels is a disrespect to the guys who actually fought in it. had he written uber it would have consisted of all the axis and allied ubers buttfucking eachother until they imploded into mush. the series would have lasted one issue.
>>
>>91823175
Maybe you could enlighten us on how to stuff an uncooperative battleship in a rocket and make it stay there?
>>
any clue as to what the new uber type is supposed to do?

it looked like he flew, up into the ceiling when he crushed his face, but I guess he could have just been hopping.
>>
>>91823654
Same way they can get a bunch of ubers and u-boats for an invasion of the US while also occupying all of Britain.

Magic.
>>
File: 1488495649051.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488495649051.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>91818724
>There are apparently going to be 60 issues. We're at 30 so far. It has taken us since 2013 to get this far, and we're only half way.
>>
>>91823745
Americunts get telekenetic tank men that are too OP.

Patton genocides all non-American whites.
>>
>>91823745
Where are the most recent releases? Is there a torrent somewhere? I have a flight in like an hour.
>>
>>91801160
i was not ready for this level of accuracy
>>
>>91811727
You know, I personally consider the Tumblrites fear of the /pol/ boogeyman more ridiculous than /pol/ itself.
>>
>>91823745
Remember that it might not be physical. Geltmensch had telepathy.

For all we know they might be able to move so fast as if time stood still, or turn invisible, or do freeform flying.

Yeah, flying doesn't sound that good when all the other tanks have to do is look up to kill you. BUT. If they have a platoon of normal tanks, or even heavy tanks, taking the enemies attention, they can surprise attack and completely decimate the enemy force from a direction where they are not looking.
>>
>>91823745
>this was a new horror

You'd think the time she shot a tankman in the eye and made him explode would be worse than an open wrist fracture, skull fracture, and some bleeding.
>>
>>91818724
>>>91818540
>There are apparently going to be 60 issues.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Apparently there's a huge appetite for Nazi fantasies out there.

Not sure who'd want to be servicing that need, but there's 'ole Gillen, ready and eager on his knees.
>>
>>91823745
getting the new type of catalyst required "auditory stimulus".

Maybe they can use sonic attacks. If allied forces use earmuffs, they could rupture the eardrums of the Nazis and then it would be GG NO RE.

Or maybe it is a kind of stimulus that puts the ubers in a trance, allowing them to move at Flash level superspeed.
>>
>>91824357
Blitzmen still beat them due to line of sight insta-kill. Blitzmen are ridiculously OP for a very low investment. Flying Ubers would need to be at least destroyer tier to be effective, otherwise they're simply too weak offensively to be of any use.
>>
>>91823558
But he praised Uber.
>>
>>91824550
>>>91823558
>But he praised Uber.

Well, he is kind of a gigantic cunt.

He just happens to have some talent.
>>
>>91824444
Look, just because the Nazis don't lose on issue 1, does not make it a Nazi wankfest any more than Star Wars is an Imperial wankfest up until they blow up the death star via advice from a ghost.
>>
>>91824667
no, the Nazis constantly winning and pulling massive armies out of their ass and always being better than the Allies no matter what is what makes it a Nazi wankfest
>>
>>91824665
Sorry about your total ignorance.
>>
>>91824187
>This comic writer hates western culture
Only losers on 4chan...
>>
File: this is retarded.jpg (137KB, 600x936px) Image search: [Google]
this is retarded.jpg
137KB, 600x936px
>>91824550
Ennis finds the idea stupid that someone getting bitten by a radioactive raccoon can now pull planets around, without any training and without any regards to the physics involved (which all get ignored because fanboys think it looks awesome for Superman to pull the planet using WW's lasso).
He likes Superman only, and only cause he's a huge bro.

Uber is somewhat well constructed in that regard, is written with causes and effects in place, and portrays accurately the unimaginable horrors of war, and the incredible effort and sacrifice required for the smallest gain. And, you know, people don't just directly go to punching Hitler directly after activation.
>>
>>91801213

It's Nazi Wank but the only thing that happens is that the war continues with the Germans being eternally strong despite being on their last legs in RL and the Allies barely maintaining a status quo. And the rest is just dumb edgy torture porn of major cities blowing up. It's like Bayformers in WWII with more gore.
>>
>>91824550
seriously? well now i don't know what to think. he has said how he feels about the subject several times and you can even see it when he wrote about the he avenging squad in the ww2 flashbacks of the boys.

yet he likes a series that pretty much relegates the common ordinary soldier into spectators and canon fodder while everything rest on the shoulders of super powered freaks?

I guess he really was just a naziboo with a gore fetish all along and his ww2 stories just a way to indulge in his fetishes.
>>
>>91824720
You forget how they had all their Uber tech stolen at the start, got completely stomped by the Russians (twice), got their ports destroyed by British, had a Geltmensch captured, had Hitler killed by a soldier who had enough of him being a megalomaniac cunt, one of their Battleships is paralyzed, the other lost an arm to regular tankmen, and the third is a retard with sadistic tendencies who only survived because Nazi high council did not want to lose their Aryan Viking.

Oh, and the part where they regularly mention that they can only win by burning all enemies so they don't overtake them in Uber production... which is how they wanted to win WW2 back in 39-41, and what made them lost it in 42-45 in real history.
>>
>>91818724

What's going to be even left after 60 issues of this trash? Europe is fucked, Churchhill is dead and London is bombed, the east coast of the US is being invaded, and Loli Manhattan is the only thing keeping the USSR from being invaded.
>>
>>91825000
and despite all that, managed to conquer and hold Britain and most of Europe while also invading the US and decapitating its leadership. And APPARENTLY we're only halfway through this mess.
>>
>>91825000

They say that, but it doesn't keep the Nazis from winning every major battle in the way that counts.

It's like how Gundam Seed is about racism being bad, but the Coordinators are all genetic wunderkind who replace the humans in every possible way and live in magic space colonies away from every regular human. The stated message of the show is contradicted by the content of the show.
>>
>>91824955

People praise things by friends even if they don't actually like it that much. It's professional courtesy
>>
>>91825000
> You forget how they had all their Uber tech stolen at the start
That's allowed them to benefit from the allies' research, since anything the allies discovered was immediately taken using the geltmensch. The Germans have effectively doubled their research capabilities since they benefit from both their discoveries and those made by the allies.

> got completely stomped by the Russians (twice)
The Russians are out of the picture.

> got their ports destroyed by British
And yet they had no problem with launching an invasion across the Atlantic. Germany's naval situation is even stronger now that Britain is defeated and occupied.

> had a Geltmensch captured
They can make more, and the other two were still able to completely destroy the Manhattan project, steal the atomic bomb, destroy Washington DC, and kill the US leadership.

> Battleships
They have 4. Zero, as mentioned before, can be deployed as essentially a bomb via rocket. One is restricted to defense. That still leaves two for offense, and none of the western allies have anything close to the power of two German battleships.
>>
>>91824760
>>>91824665 (You)
>Sorry about your total ignorance.

What? I said he's a gigantic cunt, which is factually accurate. He's got all the personality and social graces of razor-cut hemorrhoid.

I also said he's got some talent, and that's completely true. He writes fun as hell dialog and has a strong sense of timing and pacing, as well as a strong grasp of story elements.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>91825176
Garth Ennis is actually pretty nice guy
>>
>>91825005
India and China, however Gillen doesn't seem to remember that they exist most of the time.

Failing that, Germany is in pretty good shape now.
>>
>>91825005
The Nazis in America have no support, they just need to be bled out eventually. Then they will invade Europe under command by Uber Patton.

Soviets have something like a dozen battleships being trained by Katyusha. And everyone knows that Stalin wouldn't have stopped at Berlin if he didn't have to.

>>91825068
They didn't conquer shit. They bullied Europe to capitulation by systematically destroying major cities. Same way how USA ended the pacific war by dropping the nukes.

>And APPARENTLY we're only halfway through this mess.

Okay, look at where Star Wars was at the middle. The Nazis just blew up Alderaan, Space Hitler just lightsabered down Colossus, Katyusha is off stroking his wookie in the woods instead of helping the fight, and the Death Star is en route to America. The only ray of sunshine is that Patton turned out to be a Jedi and Stephanie managed to bring the detailed schematics of the Death Star, and their trusty hacker R2-Turing, into American hands.
>>
>>91825280
By the time da notsees will bled out there will be no USA.
>>
>>91824955
I think it's more that the Ubers are treated more like new technologies changing the course of warfare in WW1. They're also not bright, spandex-clad heroes intervening as they see fit and effortlessly tossing about tanks, they're still soldiers operating under a chain of command with clear limitations (unless you're German) to what they can do. Also Sigmund and the English spy are more or less Ennis protagonists.

>>91825000
Counterpoints:
1. This has shown to have little effect on their ability to deploy or create new Ubers and new Uber types.
2. The Eastern front is stalemated, and only because they don't know that Maria has fucked off to Siberia with a giant chunk of Soviet potentials.
3. Didn't stop them from being able to create a fleet of Type XXI U-Boats, when in reality only 4 had been completed by April 1945.
4. After successfully destroying the Manhattan Project so completely it's not a factor within the current timespan of the series with a Geltmensh, and then going on to launching a successful decapitation strike against US high command with another.
5. Only to have him replaced by someone much more pragmatic and stable.
6. And still capable of using her Halo effect as an artillery/AA unit, plus the Uber doctors have been shown attempting to regrow body parts using Halo.
7. Which required over a hundred tankmen to pull off and he still successfully retreated and suffers little in loss of combat effectiveness due to the missing arm.
8. He's still a fully operational battleship, even if he's a twat.
>>
>>91825358
>>>91825280
>By the time da notsees will bled out there will be no USA.

No, no, Sekrit Agent Mary Sue and the Magical Faggot will save the poor benighted Americans.

You got to save them to make the feel bad for how they treated those poor, proud, African-American Battleships, after all.

Plus, gotta give the Magical Faggot some BBC to pine after.
>>
>>91825280
The USA just lost it's only organized Uber force to the Nazis and it will take weeks before any Ubers are fully activated, they're still refusing to fully activate the black Battleships, it will take even longer before the new Uber types are ready, and even then they'd be throwing inexperienced Ubers against combat-hardened battleships and blitzmen. "Bled out eventually" doesn't mean much when they've got carte blanche to wipe out the Eastern Seaboard and the Nazis have control of the seas.
>>
>>91825165
>That's allowed them to benefit from the allies' research,
Nazis had 1 fucking year of headstart. Imagine if Stalin was invading, with atomic bombs he has been stockpiling for over a year, while the allies just got handed the recipe for building nukes. Europe would be a wasteland in a few months. That's what is happening right now.

>The Russians are out of the picture.
Temporarily.

>And yet they had no problem with launching an invasion across the Atlantic.
They had almost a hundred elektroboots half complete (historic fact), and they halted all material production except the subs. It is conceivable that they could get enough of them done - and their only goal was ferrying the ubers, so they didn't even need to arm them.

>They can make more,
Apparently they can't due to only the original head of the project knowing about them. For all we know, Turing just figured out how to make Geltmensch, and 5 issues later they'll have Hitlers bunker demolished.

>Zero, as mentioned before, can be deployed as essentially a bomb via rocket.
Yeah, good luck transporting him from his cave to wherever you want to deploy him.

>none of the western allies have anything close to the power of two German battleships.

The two super heavy cruisers are almost done, Colossus is almost done, Katyusha could easily fry the Hitlerjugend, and the half armed one would just fuck off because he is as tired with Hitlers shit as the rest of the germans.
>>
>>91825438
>the Magical Faggot will save the poor benighted Americans.

He saved Britain in actual fucking real life.
>>
>>91825388
>3. Didn't stop them from being able to create a fleet of Type XXI U-Boats, when in reality only 4 had been completed by April 1945.

They had 4 finished and 112 others being built by April 1945.
>>
>>91825578
118 Type XXI U-Boats to be precise, only 4 combat worthy due to each boat needing six months of post-construction overhauling to be fit for duty. Of the three shipyards carrying out the overhauling, by the time the story starts one would have been captured, another besieged, and the third under bombing.
>>
>>91825165
Zero is not an option. IIRC he burns everything around him with fire. And he can't walk. He has to drag himself on twisted legs.
He's like Torog from D&D. Or the big bad at the end of The Fly II. Just surrounded by nuclear fire. Let me find a pic...
>>
>>91825578
>Temporarily.
Until at least 2020 at the earliest. They might not get back into the story until 2021.

> and 5 issues later they'll have Hitlers bunker demolished.
Pffft. You're really that gullible? There are 30 more issues left in this series, so we've got another 29 of the allies getting the shit kicked out of them.

You people keep saying "oh just wait, when X happens it'll turn around for the allies." And you're always wrong.

At this point you've got to be an idiot to think that things will actually turn around for the allies until Gillen has milked this story for every last cent.
>>
File: image.jpg (316KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316KB, 600x922px
>>91826102
On second reading the fire may be from rockets soldiers shot him with when he, Zero, interrupted Sieglinde's activation.
>>
>>91825536

No they didn't lose their only organized force.
>>
>>91825578
>The two super heavy cruisers are almost done, Colossus is almost done
I've heard that before about HMH Churchill, only for her to be completely and totally useless. The US battleship and heavy cruisers are going to get stomped, I'd bet real money on it, because that's what always happens. Plus, we already know that the Japanese are going to destroy the west coast of the US, so we're just going to get more gore and city destruction in an attempt to shock the reader, because that's all Uber really is.
>>
>>91826102
> Zero is not an option
Invading the continental US wouldn't be an option if there was any sense to this plot. But there isn't, so Zero is going to be used.
>>
>>91802182
>It hasn't lost the east completely.
No, but major centers of the US infrastructure are lost, like New York and DC
>Ubers can't hold ground very well
Which they don't need to, because they just want to break the US's knee caps
>>
>>91802182
>Ubers can't hold ground very well
Then why can the germans occupy all of Europe including the British Isles?

Oh wait, they're germans. Gillen thinks that because they're the master race they can do anything.
>>
>>91826544

By using the Blitzmench to literally melt the cities to slag, and because no conventional forces can stand up to even a couple Panzermensch.

They aren't occupying it in the conventional sense. They've defeated Western Europe past the point of resistance for the moment.

This master race stuff is tired, but if you're having fun go with it.
>>
>>91826676
it is tired, that's why most people have dropped Uber
>>
>>91826498

Man up. Were the Russian crying like pussies when Stalingrad was reduced to rubble?

Fuck no! They just cut a fresh slab of bacon off one of their ex-comrades and held on.
>>
>>91826712

You seem to have have a lot to say for someone who's not interested.
>>
>>91826757
I'm interested but only because it makes me angry.

4chan(tm)
>>
>>91825625
>He saved Britain in actual fucking real life.

Uhm....

Okay, the codebreaking Turing did was very valuable, no doubt, but his magical faggotry is obscuring the fact that he was far from the only cryptographer involved.

William Friedman was undoubtedly a better codebreaker, not to mention better at building code machines. Hell, Friedman holds the record for the patent that was held secret for the longest time: Sixty-seven years! That fucker was literally working on stuff decades ahead of everybody else.

And honestly, it was radar and Spitfires that saved England, along with a big, healthy helping hand from good old 'Murica.
>>
>>91826676
Only a relatively small part of Europe has gotten the Burn.

>>91826822
If anyone deserves more credit for Allied codebreaking it's the Polish.

Also you can't forget the Dowding system. It may not be glamorous, but an organized and efficient system for identifying and responding to air attacks was a game changer.
>>
I really like it. Wish it would get storytimed more
>>
>>91805445
OK, just to keep score.
>The best German Battleship is a woman.
Who is currently wheelchair bound after the attack on London and effective only in an artillery role.
>The strongest halo battleship is a woman.
Who was created completely on accident and is currently training Soviet Ubers/ stalling the Eastern front by refusing to move past Ukraine.
>The strongest physical battleship is a woman.
Who was horribly deformed and is currently crippled after losing out to a male and female pair of German Heavy Cruisers in her first engagement.
>The spy that holds the only prayer for the allies is a woman.
And Alan Turing who is also an Uber.
>The strongest overall battleship is a woman.
Is that Katusha again?
>>
>>91828357
Alan Turing is also mentioned in that post, anon. Because he is a gay.
>>
>>91828466
>there are women and fags in my comic books!
Triggered /pol/izens are halarious.
>>
>>91828787
In a comic about 1940's combat it's funny that the biggest impacts have routinely been women.
>>
>>91828956
I'm pretty sure that outside of her actions in the beginning of the comic Stephanie hasn't really done much directly outside of accidentally discovering the Geltmensch that is really important. Likewise Leah is mostly just tragedy bait that's never done anything useful. If anything the fact that the series treats them like they're actually important is the real issue.
>>
>>91829057
Stephanie discovered the ability to make destroyers, cruisers, and heavies
>>
>>91828956
Ok. I'm sorry that the scary women are invading your safe space. I'm sure there are other equally unrealistic comic books that don't have any scary scary females.
>>
>>91829103
I'm just upset we couldn't get a trans gender Muslim albino African woman with vitiligo to be the ultimate Mary Sue for the series that will beat Hitler to death with her feminine penis
>>
>>91829103

I didn't know that women were the main contributors to Allied success in WWII. Black people, too.

And I say this as a Chinese. China got spanked so bad by Japan, there are two 'lost years' where no records were kept.
>>
>>91829211
Yes. Because that is the same thing as a woman.

You freaks are both halarious and pathetic at the same time.
>>
>>91829217
I mean men fought the war. Everyone knows that. You shouldn't look to comic books for historical accuracy.
>>
>>91829331
It's not that women can't have victories, there are tons of notable ones from WW2.
It's just that it's odd they get all the major victories.
>A single woman got the allies the ability to produce tankmen and then discovered super secret potential destroyers and cruisers
>a single woman crippled the Manhatan project and delivered a bomb to the Japs
>a single woman killed one battleship, crippled another, smashed through London unhindered, then went back to burn it to the ground
>a single woman magically became the most powerful battleship ON ACCIDENT, produces red stuff on her own and food from dirt, and was able to deliver the only major German defeat that had an impact on their strategy

This is on top of all the ass pulls the comic already has in it
>Russian accidentally goes full halo loading with no negative side effects
>Brits do a controlled strength loaded battleship with the negative effect that she can't move
>Brit battleship gets the ability to move and is incredibly fast, but can't even hit two cruisers

The most notable achievement a male battleship has done so far is being the first human Bonsai tree that had to be pruned with an industrial drill.
>>
>>91829211
It's Gillen, give it a while
>>
>>91829464
Journey Into Mystery and Uncanny X-men were good from the get-go
>>
>>91829464
That's the secret of the next uber power. It won't work on men. The redheaded Mary Sue will discover you need a uterus to contain all the uber energy and she'll finally have herself get some stacking
>>
>>91829482
They were also 20 odd issues. Uber is 60, give it time
>>
>>91829217
I didn't know that soldiers in WWII could shoot lightning balls and throw tanks and stuff like that.

Man, those textbooks are full of shit.
>>
>>91829503
The flight power is Halo-fueled queefs.
>>
>>91829506
>they were good for all 20~ issues
>Uber has been shit for 30 issues
>just give it time, it'll get good eventually
really makes you think
>>
>>91829586
What, I never said it'd get good, I just said Gillen would eventually write in a trans gender Muslim albino African woman with vitiligo
>>
>>91829617
ah, I misunderstood you
>>
>>91829630
If uber is bad, then what is actually good?
>>
>>91829658
I dunno, Shade the Changing Girl?
>>
>>91806906
>dat pic
OK, I've seen this thing all over the place and GIS is worthless as usual. Who is that and where can I read her manga?
>>
So when is issue 6 of Invasion suppose to be released?
>>
>>91800914

>NAZISWINLOL

I'm glad Avatar is on its last legs. I think everyone's got Gore-pr0n fatigue at this point, even the edgy 13-year-olds that masturbated to this stuff when it first came out 10 years ago and was called "Crossed," but without the Nazi fanwank.
>>
>>91829359
>You shouldn't look to comic books for historical accuracy.

Didn't Gillen write Three as a response to how historically inaccurate Miller's 300 was?
>>
>>91831022
less about how historically inaccurate it was and more about a different part of Spartan history that was left out, i.e. hunting down slaves. It was inspired by 300, but he didn't necessarily write it as a takedown of 300

http://www.cbr.com/gillen-pits-three-against-300-at-image/
>>
>>91830993

Agreed. I cannot think of a violence-focused cartoon or comic from the last five years that didn't come across to me as stale and behind its times. Unless you're a soccer mom or a sjw, the emotional impact of phsyical violence is simply gone.
>>
>>91806769
America is going to lose. And just as they sign the surrender, the bike is going to come down. (Just to rub in the overkill from Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

The Allies will then have to run a guerilla campaign against the Nazi mega state (funded and supplied by the 'glorious' USSR) so America can experience the horror that they put Vietnam under in OTL
>>
>>91808898
Realistically, Russia would get at least twice the battleships the Germans had. They had the expandable population
>>
Why the fuck haven't the allies used China and India to create an army of superhumans yet?

How the fuck are they losing in this scenario?
>>
>>91832558
racism
>>
>>91832586
I think this is what I hate most about Uber. Gillen is equating racism with being a retard who would rather watch the Germans burn America to the ground than make an army of super chinks.

His desire to virtue signal in the story is causing the allies to bungle like children until blonde girl and magic homo can ride to their rescue.
>>
>>91832558
>>91832586
>>91832627

>lets replace the germans with an even worse enemy

glad you guys arent running things over in the uber universe
>>
>>91832647
why would the Chinese or the Indians be worse than the Germans?
>>
>>91832647
>Not powering up pre-Mao Chinese
For what reason?

Holy God would it be nice to see them unleash their rage against Japan just to give the war a different dimension from "German lawnmovers sweep through allies".
>>
>>91832674
their cultures places absolute zero values on human life
>>
>>91832717
that seems like an exaggeration born out of racist ignorance
>>
File: dw brutal.png (233KB, 350x370px) Image search: [Google]
dw brutal.png
233KB, 350x370px
Fucking lmao, shit like this keeps me coming back
>>
Kieron Gillen is magnificent.
This, however, is not.
>>
>>91832727
nah, I was a massive sinophile for a long time, still am I many respects, which is why I know what I know, Chinese culture is amazing, but they are a brutal and heartless people.
>>
>>91825280
>Same way how USA ended the pacific war by dropping the nukes.

The Russians ended the Pacific War by denying the Japanese their imaginary chance at getting a "honourable" peace treaty for good.

The bombs didn't even register as particularily outstanding as they didn't do any more damage than any other case of US Airforce raid. Also there plain was nothing left to bomb at that point, so the US basically would have had to invade if they didn't feel like losing Japan to Stalin.
>>
>>91826498
I'd consider Detroit and Chicago to be more important in terms of prodution in WW2
>>
>>91832627
>Gillen is equating racism with being a retard who would rather watch the Germans burn America to the ground than make an army of super chinks.

Well, they did have a civil war over not wanting niggers in their white states...
>>
>>91832869
>Well they did have a civil war over not wanting niggers in their white states...

Let me guess, public school?
>>
>>91832869

"General McRacist, we can either throw 10,000 white soldiers at the German battleships or 2 super niggers! Who do we send to die?"

An Gillen writes him picking the 10,000 white soldiers.
>>
>>91832922
>>91832869
Realistically they would power up the blacks as much as they were able to and then have them lead all the risky attacks while Razor is kept in reserve training.

They'd hope something would kill the blacks but they'd try to get as much utility as possible out of them.
>>
>>91818420
Germany lost the war before even attacking Russia. They lost the Battle for Britain.
>>
>>91829459
>a single woman killed one battleship, crippled another, smashed through London unhindered, then went back to burn it to the ground
Widow actually
>>
File: soviet and nazi witch.jpg (85KB, 743x417px) Image search: [Google]
soviet and nazi witch.jpg
85KB, 743x417px
>>91829708
Kutsuzure Sensen, but she is only rival/antagonist and protagonist is soviet witch.
>>
When is the next issue coming out? I read in one of the uber threads that it would be close to the end of april, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>91833588
If it at least have focus on Japan battleship wrecking shit it will be some change of pace.
>>
>>91825388

Patrick and Razor are also Ennis protagonists.
>>
>>91832586
>>91832627
>>91832558
Given how shitty the indians were treated by the British back then, not giving them an unstoppable superweapon makes a certain sense.

But not giving Chiang Kai-shek the supersoldier-tech is pants on hands retarded.
>>
>>91834148
>Treated shitty by the British
>Many sympathetic parliament members wanting to give them their country decades before Gandhi
>They won't make a Gunga Din army to fight the Germans. Would literally rather surrender.

Don't defend this writing.
>>
>>91834148
>Pants on hands retarded

It's insanely retarded. The allies literally could not lose if they just shared their tech with the Chinese. Japan would be stomped into the ocean and Germany would be next as a victory lap.

Unless Gillen wrote that the Chinese just had some kind of genetic block to the magic alien crystals they cannot lose in this scenario.
>>
>>91834188
After the famine of 43, not giving them the power to shoot lazers is understandable.
>Many sympathetic parliament members
Churchill (aka the guy in charge for a significant part of the comic) talked about having him brutally murdered tho.
>Would literally rather surrender.
Eh, they assumed their heavy battleship would save the day. Then suddenly the germans asspulled and started nuking England with their blond sue. I can sorta accept England surrendering under those conditions.
(but they could at the very least have pulled a France and maintained the struggle from their colonies. Like India and magical pajeets as you said)
>>
>>91829057
>accidentally discovering the Geltmensch

The funniest part about that is that she discovered them with her pussy.
>>
>>91801287
Well, that would be true, but in the case of Uber, it starts near the end of the war - well after the Nazi's have had collective penises savaged by just about everyone else they were fighting.

It is true that they have the ... battleships? It's been a while since I've read the comics sorry - but you get the point that they do have the most powerful super-powered-people, but the overarching point is that, by the point that the comic starts, the collective Nazi war-machine has had its shit pushed in on multiple fronts, and that, no matter how powerful their battleships are, the insane turn-around they have on the whole war is insane which you could argue is the point of the comic, but you get where I'm coming from

The comic would've been better off if there was more of a struggle in the Nazi's growing dominance - a constant back and forth with the Nazi's slowly gaining the advantage, due to their the sheer power of their battleships (and the fact that they're the only ones that really have them), with time spent showing just how fragile the whole situation is/was. As the comic stands, however, the Nazi's have come back from the brink of defeat near fully (in spirit, at least), and have gone from strength to strength with no real setbacks, surmounting insurmountable odds at every turn.

If you want to boil it down to a writers answer, the problem with the comic is that there is no real conflict - battles sure, epic confrontations with detailed plans, struggles between characters that the audience care about - and then the Nazi's curb stomp the competition, and fucking moon-walk out of their problem - with even allied victories turning into nothing by the time it comes relevant.

Fuck, that was a long one. I think I need a cigarette after that
>>
>>91830483
June, I believe.
>>
>>91834210
>It's insanely retarded. The allies literally could not lose if they just shared their tech with the Chinese.

Are you really this fucking stupid? If they share Ubers with chinese, then they suddenly have a 1 billion strong Uber army to deal with, who will not stop at kicking out the japanese from Manchuria.
>>
>>91826822
That irks me in Uber. Relatively unknown relevant ww2 savants aren't that rare, putting Turing everywhere is plain lazy.
>>
>>91836414
Thats criticisms what you should use toward entire comic not just Turing role, because that symptom of larger problem.

Everything involve to little amount of people, like Uber thing should involve more Axis scientist and officers instead practically 4 important people (and one who turned spy).
>>
>>91836309
They could just do what they've been doing with the russians: supply them with catalyst and instructions on how to identify and activate tank-men, but withhold a full copy of the Uber Codex.
>>
>>91836605
Having a restricted cast is one thing, using superstars for all of your characters another. Here both flaws are present.
>>
>>91824063
do it
>>
Uber's problem is that it's more event-focused than character-focused in its writing.

Really, for me the only interesting characters are the historical ones. Mostly because we know them from history and it's interesting to see how they react.

But OCs... Game of Thrones is also full of drama, trauma and gore, but its characters do have room for breathe, to be sympathetic and to be funny. Here we have only gore, drama and trauma, nonstop. It is stale, and at some point you just stop caring.

This story is carried only by its concept, not characters. But then again, the story is a stale, boring fest of catastrophes. And those catastrophes aren't even caused that much by characters themselves, but by almost faceless, pants-on-head retarded western governments. So why should I care?
Thread posts: 260
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.