[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samurai jack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: samuraijack_fbsearchTn.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
samuraijack_fbsearchTn.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
Let's have a talk about the quality of the last season of samurai jack without any /co/ shitposting.
The latest episode was mostly a waste of time. The scaramouche subplot went absolutely nowhere, not only that but it had some horrible writing as well. The rest of the episode was just fanservice, all of it could have been replaced.
what did you think of it?
The last 3 episodes were pretty disappointing
>>
File: 1491337277558.gif (3MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1491337277558.gif
3MB, 250x188px
>>91793509
>Let's talk about Samurai Jack without any shitpostin
>Proceeds to shitpost
>>
>>91793509
>The scaramouche subplot went absolutely nowhere
Dude, I hate the new season too but this is retarded.
>>
>without any /co/ shitposting.
Where do you think you are?
>subplot
This isn't fucking Simpsons, plots aren't resolved in one episode, there's a season-long plot, and Scaramouch is a part of it.
>fanservice
The entire season is fan service, because fans wanted the story to end, and Tartakovsky is ending it. He included nods to some of the more popular episodes as a send-off.
>disappointing
Episodes 4, 5, and 6 were weak compared to 1, 2, and 3, but you gotta put things in perspective: episodes 1, 2, and 3 were fucking amazing.
>>
>>91793600
>episodes 1, 2, and 3 were fucking amazing.
I'm getting real tired of your shit, /co/. Real tired.
>>
>>91793509
I liked it. You make some valid points but I don't care enough about criticisms to argue over. Though a lot of complaints are nit picky and don't know whether it's bait or not.
>>
>>91793509
>scaramouche subplot went nowhere
It was made for comedy mostly, and to take a short break from ashi's adventure, as well as to start a new conflict in later episodes when Aku finds out about the sword. I thought it was really well done

>fanservice
Yeah, but it also finished ashi's redemption arc. The way they finished it in was pretty clever IMO, predictable maybe but they didn't just toss in references to the old seasons for no reason other than fanservice
>>
>>91793509
I do fear that ending may be rushed, because now they have only 4 episodes to wrap things up.

But I enjoyed every episode of Samurai Jack, latest episodes felt like episodes of, well, Samurai Jack. Every Scaramouche scene was funny.

Don't care too much about Ashi, but she's not the focus, she's there to make Jack look good.
>>
File: 1387322431916.gif (215KB, 246x185px) Image search: [Google]
1387322431916.gif
215KB, 246x185px
>>91793509
I..I actually liked this episode and the fan art of Ashi that came out
>>
>>91793981
It was a good episode, what's the problem?
>>
>>91793509
Am I the only one who thinks episode 1 was the weakest? It's to me what episode 5 was to most people.
Aside from Scaramouche, it was fugged.
>>
>>91794041
>not liking the doggirls
GTFO
>>
>>91793643
>they weren't
>>
>without shitposting
>auuggh I love eating shit augguhaghagahgammmm
>>
>>91794379
They were decent, but certainly not amazing. Go rewatch season 3 and 4, now those were amazing.
>>
>>91793509
Remake this please.
I want to remember this scene for what it could have been, not for what just happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t5gyG_FU1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rPbVExSDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gp51lt9kdA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrgEbsG5EmY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_83cPS87tYM
>>
>>91794510
oh my god, the autist is copy and pasting his stupid ''please make my fan fiction real for me!''

If you want it that badly then download an editing program and do it yourself you lazy cow
>>
>>91793509
I do agree that the last three were a dip in quality, but I hold that 4 was still very good. We got to see classic cheeky Jack again because he finally had someone to talk to. It's not about the tone not being as hardcore, and the fanboys need to stop accusing detractors of wanting things to be grimdark. The same people criticizing episodes 4, 5, and 6 were the ones who loved episode 1, which ended with a scatting gay robot voiced by Spongebob.
>>
>>91794746
>implying we've watched the shit that is SpongeBob
>>
>>91794024
Post Episode shitposting. It's been like this since Adult Swim had their "Rick Roll" joke for RnM's Season 3 premiere.
>>
>>91794863
Fucking noob, it all started when the episode descriptions were revealed, which was several days before then. I was here to witness the change of heart myself and participate in it.
>>
File: IMG_0934.png (169KB, 430x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0934.png
169KB, 430x245px
>"Ashi episode"
>but actually the show sucking Jacks cock
>the woolies
> all the Easter eggs like Zorak and Astro
>Scaramouch is back
>funniest episode since Jack's Fairy Tales
>The Archers basically saying they're game for the final battle
>Scaramouch shenanigans
>The Ravers with a bunch of cool new designs
>A FUCKING SONG AND DANCE NUMBER WITH AWESOME SAMURAI FIGHTING AND INCORPORATING HIS DANCE MOVES
>Ashi being a cute throughout especially when she discovers dancing
>it turns out she was naked the whole time which makes so many scenes hotter in retrospect (especially the needle plucking)
>accomplishes this while simultaneously making the cult horrifying with the child abuse
>Ashi finally goes full doki-doki for Jack's magic sword
>sheds off her body paint and we get some tasteful lewd
>very cute new outfit and haircut
>the Sa-moo-rai actually shows up, with awesome Superfly flashback scenes
>we even get Demongo because why the fuck not
>Jack un-JUSTS himself
>the absolute madman still fits in a fight at the end
>actually going to find his sword

All this great stuff, yet /co/ finds a way to bitch loudly.
>>
>>91794936
This list is awesome. The episode is shit.

It's all about HOW you do it, and here it was NOT done well.
>>
>>91794041
Jack slaughtering beetlebots was great and the Daughters of Aku training and music was also great.
>>
>samurai jack
>"didn't go anywhere"

That's the point. It didn't go anywhere for five seasons. It didn't go anywhere for the intervening fifty years. This season has more of an arc to it but if you want every episode to "go somewhere" you're going to be disappointed every week. The show has always been about tone, feel, and aesthetics, not about progress toward a goal.

The things people remember from the original series are mostly fun characters or interesting scenes, not crazy plot developments. The new season fits in with the old. It just doesn't fit with what you decided the new season should be.
>>
>>91794986
If all of the scenes were shot like combat scenes, The combat scenes would lose their effectiveness.

This was on par with an average episode from the original series in terms of direction, but it still did all that cool stuff.

The final battle is absolutely going to be on par with episode two, and odds are there's gonna be some great fights between now and then so calm your shit
>>
>>91795114
I'm not talking about combat. I'm talking about GOOD WRITING.
>>
>>91795138
Literally what is the problem
>>
>>91793555
Thanks for proving that criticism is impossible for /co/ to handle. Glad I left this shit board, only Adventure Time miniseries made worth coming here.
>>
>>91795492
>Adventure Time
GTFO with that shit taste
>>
>>91795542
It's less disappointing than new Samurai Jack, and that is worth something considering I hated a lot of Adventure Time episodes.
>>
>>91793509
The scaramouche subplot is supposed to go to show that aku WILL learn that Jack lost his sword from him and raise the stakes in a future episode. Learn to be patient.

Also did it annoy anyone else when he was thrown off the boat he didn't start sinking to the bottom of the ocean? His head should have filled with water from the neck hole and I don't think his head would be air tight.
>>
>>91794986
i mostly disagree. all i care about is content, execution is for people who couldnt think of good content
>>
>>91795847
That's called low standards, anon. I'm guessing you enjoyed LOK too?
>>
>>91795041
i dunno dude i really want a satisfying ending. it's not the journey, it's the destination. but it is the journey too
but the journey is the destination.. by which i mean the point of the journey is the destination at the end.
>>
>>91795871
sort of. I defended it when /co/ shat on it
then the almost-i-thought-very-end with that great wedding seemed to vindicate me
then the last 3 fucking minutes made me a fool
>>
I don't understand what your complaining about. It's like your going out of the way and nit picking stupid stuff to not like.

Gendy could've went the generic "jack beats Aku everyone go home" route but instead is trying his hardest to flesh out characters and create a world around jack with the limited time he had to do it.

Jesus dude
>>
>>91795881
I think you kinda lost us there.
>>
File: 1492269189721.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492269189721.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>91795492
I doubt anyone cares.
>>
>>91795912
So the only reason you didn't like it was because of the last few minutes!? Opinions from you fucking discarded...
>>
>>91795922
I guess people complaining about filler just wanted a made for tv movie about Jack fighting Aku that just picked up where the series left off.

I guess that would have been okay, but kind of anti-climactic. I like that Genndy is trying to flesh it out more.
>>
>>91795985
>just wanted a made for tv movie about Jack fighting Aku that just picked up where the series left off.

This is exactly what I wanted, yes. Would've been a lot better for pacing.
>>
>>91795985
The filler thing bothers me though. The entire 4 seasons was filler. Aku won when he lost and jack never caught a brake.

The whole ashi thing is stupid too. The entire xj9 episode had nothing to do with jack yet it was amazing. I like /co/ for the memes but these man children get to me sometimes
>>
>>91795138
The writing is great

contrarianfag please gb2reddit
>>
>>91795940
You seem triggered when I point out dumb shit, so I guess you care more
>>
>>91793509
>The Scaramouch subplot went absolutely nowhere
Are you retarded? Hes still heading, no pun intended, to Aku.
>>
File: samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg (902KB, 4850x970px) Image search: [Google]
samurai_jack_season_5_ratings.jpg
902KB, 4850x970px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12813171

How was the episode, lads?
>>
>>91795597
>Less disappointing than SJ
So you just have shit taste, because AT is fucking garbage
>>
>>91796154
>The whole ashi thing is stupid too.
Memes aside I think a lot of /co/ just straight up not liking women has something to do with it, though I don't think everything would be rainbows and sunshine if Ashi was Asho or whatever instead. They're afraid she's going to upstage Jack (unlikely because even in an episode where it was mostly focused on Ashi, it was still about Jack) or she's going to accidentally get between him and his goal of killing Aku, like Aku taking her hostage or something like that.
>>
Anyone have the original series S1-S4 in mega? Thanks.
>>
>>91796154
>>91796480

>The entire 4 seasons was filler.

This. It was an episodic show about a man fighting the demons in interesting set pieces, but somehow the non-existant plot needed to be finished and now people are losing their minds that they've had to write characters and plot.

People were never going to be happy because the premise of season five fundamentally changes the nature of the show. The original show didn't care about what Jack accomplished or whether he finally defeated Aku, because that wasn't the point. The fact that the new character has a vagina or the robot man said penis are just lighting rods for criticism from people struggling to understand their own displeasure.
>>
>>91796154
You're right about Jack never catching a brake, though I don't think anyone ever threw one at him.
>>
>waste of time

It's a fan service episode that's serves to give Ashi more info about jack and use it to stop his Sudoko

It's a way to progress the plot, that's the teasers and last few episodes heavily imply about jack while also appealing to fans

This was honestly the way to get rid of his depression with the only real flaw was making too much expectations about the Horseman
>>
>>91796304
Right, because badly paced shit show full of animation errors and just terrrible writing is a lot better. I like the original Samurai Jack but this one is just a bad attempt at carrying its spirit.
>>
File: talking penis.png (1MB, 1901x961px) Image search: [Google]
talking penis.png
1MB, 1901x961px
>yfw
>>
>>91796628
>I like the original Samurai Jack
I highly doubt that. You're complaining about shit writing when the original had next to no progression, only standalone episodes
>>
>>91796751
good writing != continuity
Fucking shit, this is /co/, I expect at least a basic level of knowledge of this type of stuff.
>>
>>91796235
I feel bad for you anon, here a free (You).
Hope it brightens your day!
>>
>>91795492
>Can't even get a bunch of (You)s with this post

I guess >>91795940 was right.
>>
>>91796751
The original never tried to be more than it really was and it still had more meaningful moments

https://youtu.be/rZOfuPwXvQQ?t=2m4s
>>
>>91796578
Rminds of everyone shitting their daipers about South Park having more episodic continuity. It was just the show trying to remain relevant.
>>
File: 1356978332536.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
1356978332536.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>91796666

Hi mega Satan!

>Scaramouch called out for being a faglord despite muh Sammy reference
>rides on a dick to get past a seaman
>my sides when
>>
>>91793509
>without any /co/ shitposting
>The latest episode was mostly a waste of time.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.